• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Maybe something casual.. {ON HOLD}

Leyara

that was a 6 year hiatus, woops
{Update: LIFE CAME UP and I might put this on hold for a short while until I can get my bearings again..}

Here's the thing, see, I'm normally the type to write in huge posts with a lot of descriptive details involved. I like to illustrate a world as much as I can and develop my characters as realistically as possible. It's fun, inspiring, and I can't get enough of it normally.
So yeah my partner-hunt threads are typically more specific about who/what I want. But..

Due to drastic life changes, I have fallen out of writing for a while. And recently I have caved to depression which sort of destroys that wonderful thing called motivation. I want to write, but I don't want to be overwhelmed on top of my current personal crisis'.

It was suggested to try some more casual or small RP's. Something that can be as long term or short term as we want, where I don't necessarily have to spend a couple of hours on my response. Just something to feed me a bit of creative writing again, but it might not matter if my skills are rusty. That isn't to say I wont put effort in the story itself, of course. Brainstorming is one of my favorite things, so I hope that we could do a lot of it.

I write almost exclusively in fantasy genre, because that is where I am best at world and plot building. BUT I think I would be happy to tackle something slice of life too, for a change. Even something super casual plot-wise. Want to write a romance? Want to write about a group of friends doing whatever the hecks? If it gets boring, hits a dead end, or whatever; WHO MINDS? Not I. =')
Anyway, I'll try anything, except for fandoms or furry.

- At least one or two paragraph responses and I will only RP on this site. If we move to IM for any reason, I'd prefer it only be for ooc.
- Doesn't have to reply daily, but at least weekly so i dont lose the feel of the characters/story.
- Stop whenever you want, but I prefer to be told so I don't wait around for nothing.
- I can write in male or female perspectives, so if you have a preference let me know. I like extra characters but I wont be forcing them into a plot that doesn't need it.
- If romance becomes a focus point, I'm in the mood for m/f. but I'm not super picky.

Sample writing if you want:
(although this is 1/3rd of a post I made mid-RP, cause I don't intend on going super nuts lmao)
A sudden, deep and loud gasp shot into Kaneto's lungs. His eyes were wide and full of white, as his pupils shrank into paper cuts. Then, smoothly, they expanded again to finally take in the sight of his master in the dim light. Devi was staring down at him in a blur that was slowly clearing up. Kaneto wanted to reach for her, to stroke her cheek, but he couldn't.

His hand darted to his right side, hitting nothing but the ground at the tips of his fingers. Panic rushed over his face and his chest began moving rapidly with his breathing. Kaneto tugged at his clothing, rolling off from Devi's lap and pushed his knees under himself to sit up. He tossed the cape over his head then grabbed at the buckles of the straps around his torso. His single hand trembled as it struggled with such a simple task of removing his shoulder armor. When he finally got it, he let the metal drop to the ground like a useless scrap.

Now left with a sleeveless tunic, which wasn't too far off from a pillow case being cut in half and then pulled together by a couple of loose straps at his sides. A little breezy for the night, but now wasn't the time to even notice that. Kaneto slid his fingers over his empty shoulder, feeling the skin there as smooth as if it was always this bare.

It's gone.

Having never experienced any permanent changes to himself before, or witnessed it on anyone else, Kaneto didn't know what to do about it. He couldn't imagine doing everything he has done up until now with only one arm, or how he would learn to do so. This was exactly what he had feared about casting. How was he going to protect anyone like this?

"Where's Alfonse?" Kaneto looked over at Devi with wide eyes, remembering suddenly why this all came about. "Is he..?"

His question trailed off when he spotted the two figures, not too far off from where he sat. Kaneto's head tilted a bit as he examined Al and Syl at the short distance, trying to determine if they were alright. There was reassurance, thankfully, as Devi explained what has happened in the past moments, what she's been doing for Alfonse. It was obvious enough that Kaneto had no recollection of anything after the part where Sylvirra pushed him over.

Things were still not over for Alfonse, but at least he was alright for the moment. There was enough hope in the situation, so that Kaneto could lower his shoulders a little, sighing to himself in a small relief. This was too much to take in so quickly after waking up and his head was spinning.

"I'm so.. so sorry," Kaneto mumbled into his hand as he rubbed at his face. Now that he had calmed, pity began to settle in and tears filled up his eyes again. He rubbed at them and pressed his palm to the bridge of his nose.
"Devi.. I couldn't do it. The first real order you've given me, I failed. As your familiar, I have done nothing to prove myself worthy. I couldn't... protect anyone.. and now, I really can't."

He shifted closer to her, taking note of the swelling of her eyes. She must have been crying a lot since he was out of it. Not that he blamed her, having to find half of her team broken on the ground. Still, it dropped his figurative heart, twisting it with every second that he stared at her. Whether she would agree with him or not, Kaneto would still feel the same kind of guilt that she was also torturing herself with. Like mage, like familiar, perhaps.

I haven't thought far into plot ideas or anything. Tell me what you crave, even if it's something as vague as genre cravings. If you don't crave anything then maybe we can bounce ideas off each other until something sticks.

Disclaimer: If you message/comment saying "Hey let's RP" and nothing else, I am bound to ignore you. At least introduce yourself~

Last edited:
Hi my name is Midnight and I would love to rp with you. I've been wanting to do some causal rps myself due to school and work making me really busy. However I still want to rp! if you still looking please let me know because I would love to do a fantasy rp with you.

Ahhh, a casual RP sounds wonderful right about now! No hassle, just fun... I'd love to do something like that with you!
I have a lot of ideas I've been wishing to flesh out, and it sounds like we'd have fun discussing them! PM me, if you can? :3

AHH I'm sorry for vanishing so quickly you guys! Life came up, lots of drama and trauma. I'll have to put this search on hold for a while. But thanks so much for your interest! If you think you'd be interested still after a couple of weeks, let me know or feel free to pm me for casual conversation too. I should probably have a better grip on my sanity eventually and will most definitely be craving a good story :ghostuvu:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back