• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ┊mature themes, literate writers and detailed replies.

sunflower

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ABOUT ME:
❃ I go by the name Sunflower. :]
❃ I love writing short stories, but recently I've hit a creative block.
So I've decided to break it by rejoining this site and revisiting
an old hobby of mine — roleplaying.

WRITING GUIDELINES:
❃ I prefer to write in 3rd person, past tense.
❃ I proofread my posts, but grammar and spelling errors do occasionally slip through.
❃ I don't set a minimum word count when I write, but you can expect to get ~400 (or more) words from me.
❃ I try to reply as often as possible. However, because I'm a university student, it may take me longer to write back at times.
❃ I enjoy brainstorming, but I don't like spending too much time nitpicking every little detail.
❃ Most of my roleplays include mature themes.

You can find my writing samples at the bottom of the post.

WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU:
Communication. We don't need to have many OOC conversations. However, please let me know what are your limits, likes and dislikes.
❃ It would be fantastic if our writing preferences matched and we both enjoyed creating similar stories.
❃ I prefer my writing partner to be 18+ years old.

GENRES: slice-of-life, romance, drama, fantasy, adventures... Basically anything and everything.
CHARACTERS: original, and sometimes canon.
PAIRINGS: no matter if the connection is platonic or romantic, I enjoy sticking to M/F and/or F/F for the two main characters.

DISLIKES:
I don't want to play as or against characters who are under 18.

LASTLY:

❃ The gender of the writer doesn't matter to me.
My native language isn't English.
❃ Fandoms? Yes!
❃ Do you enjoy doing character sheets? Cool. But I prefer to stick to full name, gender, age and faceclaim.
Send me a reminder if I haven't responded in a while. I have an annoying habit of checking messages whenever I can, but then I occasionally forget to respond because the alert has gone away.

WRITING SAMPLES:
❃ These writing samples are short. It will, however, give you an idea of my writing style.
I normally write a lot more.

... The morning after Malfoy's party was awful. Hermione woke up with a pounding headache. After spending an hour in the bathroom, puking, then chugging water, and repeating the process a couple of times, as predicted, she vowed never to drink again. The aftermath was simply not worth it. No matter how much she had enjoyed the dizzy feeling in her head, making her want to dance, and the warmth in her chest, urging her to keep drinking.

Eventually, she found herself back in bed. Lying on her back with one foot on the ground, she recalled the previous night, wishing the world would stop spinning. The memories made her sick again, but she refused to get up. Instead, Hermione continued to think about it, about Malfoy. Saying those two words was a mistake. I will wasn't supposed to slip past her lips.

The party had transformed Hermione's life, and she ruminated on it for a month. Draco did not send her a letter. He did not show up. It was possible that her mind was playing tricks on her. Maybe… Just maybe she hadn't made an Unbreakable Vow to marry Malfoy. She wanted to believe that. Having a glimmer of hope that none of that had happened meant that she could continue living in her usual routine without losing her mind.

Unfortunately, all her memories were real, and Draco showed up when she least expected him ...
... Not wanting to go back yet, she walked over to the railing. As her eyes closed, she thought it might be time to go home, escape the chill that began to settle into her bones from the sudden shift in temperature. After all, it turned out that coming to Damien Finnegan's party was an awful idea. She should have stayed at home. At least then, she would have avoided a hangover, which she knew was going to make her vow never to drink again.

"Not enjoying the party, Elise?" A voice said from the shadows.

Elise jumped before going completely still for a second. After turning around, she squinted, trying to see who was talking to her. The voice sounded familiar, but her intoxicated brain couldn't connect it with a face in her mind. The shadow threw down a… cigarette. That was odd. She didn't know many wizards or witches who smoked. Finally, the man stepped into the light.

"The drinks are decent, treats could use more variation, and the company is truly awful," she replied when realised that the voice belonged to the host of the party.

She wasn't expecting to see Damien Finnegan tonight. It was his party, but she assumed it was going to be hard to bump into him in this sea of people. Of course, she shouldn't have underestimated Finnegan and his determination to ruin her plan of coming and leaving unseen ...

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR?

I don't have any specific plots or fleshed-out ideas, but down below you can find some pairings that I have listed. Maybe they will pique your interest. If not, feel free to send me a message including your cravings-- maybe you have a story that you wanted to write for a long time-- I would love to hear them and try to help out!

• Best Friend x Best Friend
  • Soldier x Nurse
  • Devil x Angel
  • Bodyguard x Client
  • Witch x Vampire
  • Foreign x Local
  • Moon x Sun
  • Bad Boy x Cheerleader

DON'T POST A REPLY HERE, PLEASE:
If you think we could be a good match and if you want to write with me, send me a private message instead. :] Thank you.

Last edited:
IDEAS FOR PLOTS
  • Just something to get me or you inspired.
  • If you don't like any of these, feel free to suggest your ideas when sending me a message. :]

After years of gentle persuasion, your best friend finally agrees to seek professional help for their mental health problems. Much to your dismay, as they begin to improve, you slowly start to realize that you are their imaginary friend.
ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ: it would be fun to try and write this, and see what choice the best friend, who is going to therapy would make: continue improving their health, but lose their best friend, or cling to the friendship and lose themselves in the process.
ᴛᴀɢꜱ: F/F, F/M

A princess, Muse A, runs away because of an arranged marriage. Somehow along the way, she befriends a gang of outlaws and falls in love with their leader. However, it turns out that the man she loves is the prince, whom she was supposed to marry and who also ran away.
ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ: can be set in any setting, even in modern.
ᴛᴀɢꜱ: F/M

The war had been going on for over 100 years. Not that you'd ever seen it, living in a bunker your entire life. But one day, a news reporter suddenly says, "I can't do this anymore... Everything... Everything is fine! They're lying! Th-" And the signal is cut out.
ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ: N/A
ᴛᴀɢꜱ: F/M, F/F

You finally build enough courage to talk to that cute someone you see every day on the bus. Their face turns dark as they respond, "You shouldn't be able to see me."
ᴛᴀɢꜱ: F/M, F/F

You live in a world where your soulmate is unable to hurt you. Intentionally or otherwise. You are fighting in a war when one of the enemy's knives harmlessly glances off you.
ᴛᴀɢꜱ:
F/M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back