• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Masterless: A Samurai/Ronin/Wanderer RP

Midnight Paragon

Savior of Dusk
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Howdy. This is an idea I've gotten fairly recently, and isn't exactly as fleshed put as I'd like, but is still a fun concept all the same. It's set in a fantasy, eastern styled setting with western vibes to it. It revolves around a group of fighters and warriors such as knights, masterless samurai (or ronin), or wanderers of some kind who come together to form the Silver Koi. The Silver Koi is effectively a group of mercenaries, bounty hunters, and other hired swords who answer to no master or higher authority, but only to the clink of gold between their fingers. The plot revolves around the Silver Koi and the misadventures the group gets into while traveling the country. Everyone is an equal in the Silver Koi; there are no higher positions or specific roles to be had. Requests are given to the group or people the client chooses and they are the ones to complete it. The Silver Koi value honor, chivalry, brotherhood, and honesty, and anyone who wishes to become a part of their little club must display these qualities to the member who has the most amount of years of experience in the Koi to join. It is a warrior exclusive group, though there have been a few odd exceptions such as magi.
So if something like this sounds interesting to you, let me know here, and if you have any further ideas for the plot, let me know.

Well, i do have a Wanderer swordsmaster OC that would fit in here quite well.

She also brings a possibility for a plot point through her back story. I'd be interested.

This seems interesting. What kind of magic is there, out of curiosity? I assume there is magic because it is in the fantasy section. If not, I'm still interested.

Howdy. This is an idea I've gotten fairly recently, and isn't exactly as fleshed put as I'd like, but is still a fun concept all the same. It's set in a fantasy, eastern styled setting with western vibes to it. It revolves around a group of fighters and warriors such as knights, masterless samurai (or ronin), or wanderers of some kind who come together to form the Silver Koi. The Silver Koi is effectively a group of mercenaries, bounty hunters, and other hired swords who answer to no master or higher authority, but only to the clink of gold between their fingers. The plot revolves around the Silver Koi and the misadventures the group gets into while traveling the country. Everyone is an equal in the Silver Koi; there are no higher positions or specific roles to be had. Requests are given to the group or people the client chooses and they are the ones to complete it. The Silver Koi value honor, chivalry, brotherhood, and honesty, and anyone who wishes to become a part of their little club must display these qualities to the member who has the most amount of years of experience in the Koi to join. It is a warrior exclusive group, though there have been a few odd exceptions such as magi.
So if something like this sounds interesting to you, let me know here, and if you have any further ideas for the plot, let me know.
Interested!

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
I see. Would you care to share this or do you prefer it to be a sort of surprise?

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
You're not wrong. As I stated previously, while the club is kind of warrior exclusive, a few odd exceptions have made it through, such as magi. In the country they travel in, the most common form of spells one may see is something we can call Genja magic. It is a form of magic that calls upon the might of spirits by summoning them via talismans the user creates. However, western types have made their way to the country, such as Knights and Mages, who perform their spells from books or inborn magical ability.

I think it's also good to mention that there plenty of races around as well, hence the fantasy setting, so don't let it limit you.

I think it's also good to mention that there plenty of races around as well, hence the fantasy setting, so don't let it limit you.

Plenty of races... are there a specific few, or are we allowed to create our own species if we want to?

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
There are the usual fantasy races, such as Elves, Orcs, and Humans, but there are also spirit and animal like races such as Kitsune, a race of foxlike spirit people, and Wolfkin, a race of wolflike spirit people, who are native to the country. This can expand as we build the world up more. If you wish to make your own race I wouldn't be against it, but it would have to be within reason.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
There are the usual fantasy races, such as Elves, Orcs, and Humans, but there are also spirit and animal like races such as Kitsune, a race of foxlike spirit people, and Wolfkin, a race of wolflike spirit people, who are native to the country. This can expand as we build the world up more. If you wish to make your own race I wouldn't be against it, but it would have to be within reason.

Awesome. Though I think Oni would make more sense than Orcs because of the western origin of Orcs and the eastern origin of Oni.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
I see. Would you care to share this or do you prefer it to be a sort of surprise?

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
You're not wrong. As I stated previously, while the club is kind of warrior exclusive, a few odd exceptions have made it through, such as magi. In the country they travel in, the most common form of spells one may see is something we can call Genja magic. It is a form of magic that calls upon the might of spirits by summoning them via talismans the user creates. However, western types have made their way to the country, such as Knights and Mages, who perform their spells from books or inborn magical ability.

I can pm her to you.

Their western origination is true, but as I remember, Oni are more like demons or evil spirits. I'm not certain if they could take the place of Orcs.

From the reading I have done, they sort of acted like both orcs and demons. There are many religious practices used to drive them away, like demons, but they wielded massive clubs and in the legend of Momotaro, would frequently attack people in large groups, like orcs. Either way, I don't think they should take the place of orcs entirely, they are just a more eastern alternative that you would realistically be more likely to see in a japanese fantasy setting. Besides, orcs are cool.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
This is true. I suppose if someone wanted to do so, they could make an Oni. But who is to say the Orcs stayed in one place? It's up to the writer and their imagination.

This is true. I suppose if someone wanted to do so, they could make an Oni. But who is to say the Orcs stayed in one place? It's up to the writer and their imagination.

Of course. And since orcs have been a warfaring race of conquerors in fiction, it would only make sense that they would spread. Orcs would most likely go to Japan and attempt to take it over, and probably end up competing with the oni for domination.

...this just became very awesome.

So presumably, the players will be controlling members of the Silver Koi, right?

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
Indeed, though if someone wants to make a character bent on trying to kill one of the others, heck, i'd be fine with that.

Birdsie Birdsie
So you mean you'd like to be a sort of hybrid warrior? Hm...an interesting concept. As long as he doesn't harness the power of a demon to destroy the earth or something, that's fine.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
Indeed, though if someone wants to make a character bent on trying to kill one of the others, heck, i'd be fine with that.

Birdsie Birdsie
So you mean you'd like to be a sort of hybrid warrior? Hm...an interesting concept. As long as he doesn't harness the power of a demon to destroy the earth or something, that's fine.
Thank you, sensei.

Hmm... Okay. So another question: it says that you are only allowed in if you demonstrate honor and honesty. Does that mean the trickster OC I had in mind would not be allowed?

Well, that all depends on if the one testing the character believes them or not.

Tricking people into thinking you are honest... that's a new low.

This roleplay has my interest. I'll be patient and wait here for more backstory and character sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back