• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mass Effect: The Reaper War (LadyMatsudai and Ducky)

Ducky helped steady Sage as she stumbled, stopping any momentum with his free hand. He nodded to Liara, "Yeah. Not a problem. And Liara...", he swallowed hard, still a little nervous around somebody with some a prominent reputation, "It was a pleasure to meet you. We'll all have to chat again at dinner soon."

Looking back down at Sage, Ducky smiled, "Come. I know you're fine, but we can go back to your quarters and chat. And you can use my arm to help maintain your balance." The pair began slowly walking back, Ducky turned around to give a goodbye wave to Liara, and the two of them continued on. "I like it here. Really feel like I belong. Didn't expect that but... It's nice."

Liara smiled a little to Ducky's adorable attempt at a goodbye, nodding her head in thanks as she watched the two leave her office, the door closing behind them. Sage kept clinging to Ducky a little shakily from the exhaustion overwhelming her fragile body, hugging his arm while they slowly made their way towards her chambers. "It is very nice here...it is more of a home than I have ever felt for a long time..." confessed Sage, her gaze turning to the floor as she frowned sadly. "I am sorry, Ducky...since the moment you met me at the hospital, you had to...risk your own life to keep saving mine...that is all anyone does with me..."

Ducky smiled and gave Sage a gentle squeeze with his arm, "I saw your biotics in action. I have no doubt that you've returned the favor on at least one occasion. And I suspect that you'll be saving my sorry ass at least once or twice in the future." As they passed by a window overlooking the shuttle bay, Ducky caught a quick glance of the open area, "Have to go down and visit Cortez and Vega again. I love hearing Vega's stories. Though, uh, between you and me, I think he's taking a liking to Cortez. I'm not sure if Cortez feels the same way, I think he's still mourning a loss." The pair rounded a corner and passed two doors on the left. "Well, Sage, here we are." Ducky looked around and stopped, waiting for the young biotic to open the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sage softened to Ducky's reassuring smile and squeeze, still following his lead towards her room as she glanced down to the floor a little relieved to the kind words. "You are too kind, Ducky..." she cooed before glancing down towards the open area with Cortez and Vega talking to one another, Cortez rolling his eyes to possibly another lame joke from Vega. "Cortez loves Vega...but you are right...he lost his husband not too long ago...he feels guilty, like it is his fault..." she confirmed as they finally made it to her room. Wincing to raise her hand to touch the keypad, the door slid open quietly as Sage slowly began to walk into the room, crying out to her knees buckling as she started to fall to the floor.

Ducky leaned forward slightly upon noticing that Sage had trouble with the keypad. One didn't have to be a doctor to realize that Sage was tired and still feeling some pain from her previous injuries. He kept about half a meter back as Sage entered her quarters. Seeing Sage's knees buckle even before she cried out, Ducky put one arm around her shoulders and used the other to scoop her up off the floor so her body would not pick up momentum from the fall. Cradling her in his arms once again, he looked down and smiled, "Where to, my lady?"

Sage gasped out to suddenly feeling her body being caught once more by Ducky's strong arms, a big blush curling on her lips to the smile and sweet gesture of carrying her the rest of the way. Too embarrassed to speak much, Sage glanced towards her bed and pointed at the final destination. "There..." she cooed gently, her hand retreating back to her chest as she leaned against Ducky for his warmth, legs dangling from his arms.

Ducky nodded, "Ok", and gently lowered her onto the bed. Careful not to irritate any skin that had been burned, Ducky slowly withdrew his hands out from underneath Sage. He took a step backwards and leaned up against a chair, "I must say, Liara is not what I expected, which was to be examined like a lab specimen. Lots of rumors preceded her, especially from the time spent on Illium."

He looked down at Sage to check up on her, "You doing ok? I can go get you something if need be."

Sage softened to Ducky carefully lowering her onto the bed and made sure not to irritate her burns by removing his hands with great care, followed by perching himself in the chair beside her mattress. "Liara is many things...a good friend being the top of that list," cooed Sage gently, hugging the blankets a little closer to her body from feeling a little cold. She shook her head gently to the offer. "I am alright...thank you," assured Sage gently towards Ducky, blushing to him attending to her so much.

Upon seeing the red in Sage's cheeks, Ducky smiled and put a reassuring hand on Sage's arm, "Ok. Then I think somebody needs to get some rest." His fingers danced above the OmniTool on his left wrist, "Ok. If you need anything, then any incoming messages from you will cause my OmniTool to notify me. Just in case. Otherwise..." Not wanting to cause any pain in Sage's healing burns, Ducky leaned down, reached out with his hand into Sage's, and gave a reassuring squeeze, "I better wrap up some things myself and get to sleep. Talk to you soon." Removing his hand, Ducky turned around and left Sage's quarters.

OOC: Shall we jump ahead to the dinner with everyone?

The hours slowly passed as dinner finally approached, the majority of the crew already settled in the mess hall with trays full of freshly prepared food as everyone talked to one another, laughing heartily and drinking to their heart's content. Sage could hear everyone from around the corner being merry and happy to enjoy the company of the others, a hint of a smile curling on her lips to seeing everyone relax a little bit with each other in the chaos that was this galactic war against the Reapers and whoever else sided with them. Completely unaware of her surroundings, Sage did not know of the figure approaching her from behind in the corridor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back