• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect: Between Time - CIU Task Force

The medical bay of the CIU: Phoenix was likely a place of activity, as last minute supplies were loaded and data feeds from the Citadel finished. Staff Commander Charlotte Kingston walked into that hive of activity with the brisk stride of someone who moved with a purpose. She still wore her Alliance duty uniform despite the mixed crew complement and she shook her head slightly at the racial mix she'd seen just crossing the hallway decks to reach Medical. Not that she had a thing against nonhumans (beyond a friendly rivalry with the Turians) but it'd take some getting used to.

Including being a good Exec to a Turian.

"Doctor?" she said, speaking up to and hopefully capturing the attention of the ship's chief medical officer. "Doctor Lancet? I'm Staff Commander Charlotte Kingston. Though given our ship's captain's Turian rank is High Commander, probably want to avoid 'commander' for address. Maybe XO on duty, Charlotte when off?"

She shrugged and managed a friendly smile. It was tempting to be all business with a new ship and a new crew, but this wasn't an Alliance crew. Chain of command wouldn't, couldn't operate the same way. It wouldn't hurt to get used to using charm instead of expectation.

"It's nice to meet you, Doctor," she said, offering to shake hands. "I'm sure you have your hands full. I wanted to ask for a copy of the crew's medical files, when you have a chance to finish pulling them from Citadel records. I've got personnel files already but medical wasn't included for whatever reason. Is that something you can pull up for me?" She smiled again, adding, "I just like to know what to expect. And I like avoiding surprises."

NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Talis rolled her eyes at the Specters words of advice about information. "You think I do not consider first what I say? If I found this much about you, what else I might know that I haven't said." She commented though not referring to anything in particular as it was a bluff. The two events she mentioned were the only one she knew, inferring these events had occured from what little traces of data she could dig up. "The council isn't as good as hiding things as it thinks. Record precisely about the exploits of Specters are sealed but they still leave a trail for those who have the eye to see. The humans call it Locards exchange principle: Every contact leaves a trace." She explained.

She heard conversation going towards Ansgar praising his cooking and though she didn't forget her mistrust she could deny she agreed. Curiously talk went towards Quarian food paste. "I don't know Quarian food paste has potential if someone with creativity took over the processing which is very efficient and regimented. Regardless o have always thought the paste only needs a little spice or sweetener to suit taste to make it quite palatable in a pinch."

The medical Bay of the Phoenix was alive with movement. Alliance medics were placing boxes of medicine and containers throughout the area. In the center of it all was a human woman in an Alliance lab attire with a datapad. She turned around and noticed the commander introduce herself. She awkwardly shook her hand and let her finish.

"Erm, it is nice to meet you too, but I am not Doctor Lancet. My name is Dr. Michel. I am a colleague of Doctor Lancet helping supervise the move. Doctor Lancet is in her office. I'll take you to her." Dr. Michel said, guiding the commander past the beds to a small office. The office had two men working over a middle aged woman lying on her back on a stretcher in the middle of the room. In the far corner was a robot that had strikingly human facial features and a red visor across the eyes. The machine was nude but had a white lab coat in its arms. Michel turned to the commander and gestured to the woman on the stretcher.

"Doctor Lancet." she introduced. The woman on the stretcher's eyes look in the direction of Michel and the commander. She remains silent. Michel takes the attention of the commander.

"Doctor Lancet has a condition called LIS, or Locked-In Syndrome. She is aware of her surroundings but she cannot move or communicate verbally. We have enabled her use of an Alliance Mobility Unit or AMU for her work," Dr. Michel pointed to the robot in the corner, "The Alliance engineers here are almost done setting her up."

"Yeah, just a few more adjustments and..." the engineer tapped a small device behind Lancet's ear. A small hum sounded from the robot as the visor glowed blue. Lancet's eyes closed as the robot's began to blink. It looked about for a few seconds. Dr. Michel approached the machine with a smile.

"Doctor Lancet? Can you hear me?" She asked.

Lancet nodded, looking at the coat in her hands. She unfolded and flipped it around her shoulders, her arm sliding in the sleeve. Dr. Michel held up a small index card. "Doctor, if you please, let's run a vocal diagnostic to make sure the sync is working."

Lancet took the card between two Steel fingers and looked at it.

"How. Now. Brown. Cow." she recited, her voice synthesized. Michel gave an approving nod and gestured Lancet to continue. "To sit in solemn silence on a cold dark dock. The Turian is hurrying to handle the herring, sparing the rain." She returned the card to Michel and finished buttoning her coat up.

"Doctor Lancet, this is Staff Commander Kingston. She was wondering if she could have a copy of the staff's medical records. You should find them in your HUD under file "CIS: PNX", subfolder "MedRec"." Michel informed Lancet. The Doctor nodded and extended a cold Steel hand to Kingston, shaking it quickly as she strode out to the medical bay. Michel gave the commander a quick follow gesture and stepped in line behind Lancet.

"Kingston. Age 31. Service in the Alliance Navy for 12 years. You've been treated for Dancer's Knee since 17. Recommend joint reliever before any away mission that may have you traversing uneven terrain." Lancet recited as she walked, hands in her coat pockets. She looked out the med bay window at the mess hall. Lancet turned her attention to Dr. Michel. "Chloe, thank you for your help but I can take it from here." She extended her arms out and gave Michel a quick hug.

"I hope you will return to us at Huerta soon, Doctor." Michel said, releasing Lancet and extending a hand to Charlotte. "Charlotte." she said before walking out the door. Lancet then looked at the commander.

"I will have the medical records available to your console as soon as I've finished with evaluations with the crew before we take flight. Since you are here, we can start with you. I will also need to examine every senior officer and the commanding officer, Miss...Nero Claudius Alexius. Oh dear. Turian. Great. Those people avoid medical examinations like a cat to the bath." Lancet said, her mechanical eyes rolling at the thought.

Epiphany Epiphany

Peros seemed like an alright type of man so far, at least in conversation. Of course, just because it smells sweet, doesn't mean it isn't hydrogen cyanide, as he knew all too well from his run-in with Cerberus. Judgement beyond a simple 'I get on with him in brief conversation' would have to wait until later, unfortunately, but prospects were good. As Peros left, Ansgar nodded cheerily to him. Fosa was telling him to put the food away for later, although he somehow doubted that just 'somewhere safer' was all it took. Then the Commander said, "Well that is good and all. Glad they taught you how to cook." Ansgar nodded and shoveled some bacon and eggs onto his own plate, then started cutting off a bit of an egg with the side of his fork, since he'd need three hands to hold the plate, fork, and knife. "So am I," he agreed quietly as she went on to reject his food. It looked like nobody would end up trying his attempt at dextro food after all. His face fell, but he decided to leave it out, just in case anyone changed their minds, or new arrivals popped up. Surely there wasn't only one turian on this joint mission, even if in more minor crew roles.

Ansgar had been tactfully ignoring Talis and Nero's conversation about subtlety and secrets and Nero's past, though he couldn't help but file the information away. "Ah, I've heard that too many times. I do hope you know the rest of that quote though." Nero was talking to him again. "I'm a genius with a surprising amount of time on my hands, of course I do. But as I was telling my new friend Peros, I'm a scientist, not a gladiator."

"Ah so the Quarian lives. I feared she preferred having walls for friends..." Ansgar twitched a little at 'the quarian'. There was something that bothered him about just calling people by their species. It didn't feel right. He'd not challenge the commander of this mission openly over one spoken thing, but he made a mental note to watch out for continued instances of that sort of thing. The conversation continued on to quarian food paste and seasoning it. "There's only so much you can get done on a military ship, though. I am used to cooking with only whatever's available, however, so we'll see what can get done on that end for you, Fosa. Excuse me, I'm going to go sit and eat now." Ansgar stepped away from the conversation and walked over to a table, grabbing a knife on his way past.

The Silent Z The Silent Z ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Iskandar Iskandar Karcen Karcen

Last edited:
Nero Claudius Alexius
Nero sighed and closed her eyes at Talis, "Then you should know the importance of classified information and to not announce it in front of multiple people. That fatal mistake could easily get you or others killed." Nero was rather upset at Talis, her tone changing to a more irritated one, "Only four people in the whole galaxy knew about that, three if you do not count me. Councilor Sparatus, the Chief Primarch, and the Master General." The Turian rubbed her eyes and let out a deep breath, "It is going to take a lot to get the Chief Primarch to not send a task force after you. Though he is the one that probably blabbed a bit too much."

Nero's demeanor lighted up a bit at Ansgar and Fosa, "Well that is good news, Ansgar. The Galaxy needs scientists. If everyone was a gladiator... well we would all be Turians and Krogan... The galaxy wouldn't last long if that was the case." Nero chuckled before poking a bit of fun at Ansgar, "I do hope you are not just some self proclaimed genius. Would be a shame if you started to create your own army of super soldiers."

Nero pushed her self off of the counter and stretched her long limbs a bit, "Well, I'll be going. There are probably other crew members on board by now that I should go meet." Nero offered a hand at the group and began to walk towards Fosa. She stopped a bit in front of Fosa and offered a smile, "If ya ever want a hot meal or some non-paste dextro food, just let me know. Us Dextro's gotta look out for each other and make sure we don't die from eating the wrong kind of cheese or chocolate." Nero would then walk away from the Qurian, whistling a tune to herself with her hands clasped behind her back.

A few minutes later Nero had made her way to the medical bay to check in and see how things were. There were still a few Alliance Medics that were lingering or putting away supplies. There was a woman in a stretcher as well as one with brown hair. The brown haired female was talking to what looked like some sort mobility unit or something. The Turian had entered the room at the back end of a conversation about Turians and how they did not enjoy medical examinations, "Well you are in luck, Doctor Lancet. This Turian has no problems with medical examinations." Nero offered a smile as she enter the med bay and looked around. It smelled cleaner than the rest of the ship, which was nice, "I'm Nero. The commander, but feel free to just call me Nero." She extended her hand in the direction of the Mobility unit and brown haired woman, "I take it you are the XO? Charlotte right? Pleasure to meet you as well and I look forward to working together. Same goes for you, Doctor. Don't want you taking any of my fingers or limbs after all." She was now looking at Charlotte and offered a small smile and a nod.

Epiphany Epiphany NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Karcen Karcen

Last edited:
Talis groaned and rolled her eyes at her Specter superior, stopping her from finishing of the last bite of her food. She rested her fork back down on the plate and sat back." What did I reveal that is so confidence breaking? I revealed no specific details that embarrassed or revealed secrets that would be of used. All I mentioned were events that flatters you and the skills you have as well as mine. True the information can intrigue someone to reveal more but I tell you now it was very difficult to discover this much. So in the end there is no harm only you and I benefit by showing of both our skill." She explained her tone casual. "Trust me I have over 200 years of military or law enforcement experience, I know about discretion."

"I do hope you are not just some self proclaimed genius. Would be a shame if you started to create your own army of super soldiers." Would be a shame if you started to create your own army of super soldiers. Ansgar had, at the time, laughed along with what was obviously a joke, but internally, that hit close to home. The phrase brought him back to the Xavier Collective again, where Constanza and her group's constant pushes for more output, higher power spikes, better results, consequences be damned were things he put down at the time to her ego, but later took on a horrifying turn. He was, in fact, very close to indirectly creating just what Nero had said. Constanza was with Cerberus, as were multiple other personnel in the Collective, and their constant pushes for more power and less safety revealed all he needed to know about what Cerberus wanted with the Tartarus. The thought of what he almost gave to Cerberus horrified him.

To distract himself, Ansgar decided to start mentally plotting out his email to his previous student group in the Ascension Project. He wasn't allowed to give anything really sensitive, of course, but enough was allowed that inquiries about him wouldn't have to be met by 'I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to tell you'. He could imagine how infuriating that would be, both for him and for them. He'd had a good time teaching the kids, and was looking forward to the mission being over so he could go back to them. He didn't mind the instructor life. For all the push to 'utilise his genius for something greater', as he'd had it put to him, he didn't feel like teaching the biotic youths of tomorrow how to use their abilities, how to grow up into good people, and passing on his life experience to them was somehow less valuable than anything else he could be doing, besides taking down a rogue Cerberus scientist who'd decided to terrorise the galaxy, of course, but that was... an extraordinary circumstance.

The Doctor that Charlotte thought was the Doctor wasn't actually the Doctor but the Doctor's Doctor.

She found the rest of the conversation somewhat surreal. Meeting the middle aged woman reclining in a stretcher, a woman unable to talk or even move more than her eyes, was not how Charlotte expected this conversation to go. Still, she gamely went along with it, shaking hands with Doctor Michel, nodding along to the explanation of LIS and then meeting their chief medical officer through the robotic interface set up for her.

The Staff Commander waited patiently through the robot getting dressed and testing out her diagnostics, Charlotte's legs slightly spread and her arms folded patiently. Once Dr. Michel made formal introductions, Charlotte stepped forward with a bright smile and a quick handshake like all of this was a completely ordinary part of her job. Given the mix of crew, it might very well be from now on.

"I use an NSAID for my knee," she said in response to Doctor Lancet's medical observations as they walked out into the medical bay. "I'm open to suggestions if you have other treatment ideas."

When Doctor Michel wrapped up her visit, Charlotte smiled at the other woman, inclined her head and said "A pleasure, Doctor."

Then she was alone with the new chief medical officer. The staff commander sighed at Doctor Lancet's suggestion, then nodded once. "The timing isn't ideal, Doctor, but I'm here and not likely to be back here in the near future so we might as well do the examination now then. I imagine I'll be your least interesting patient." She chuckled at Lancet's remark about Turians but then Charlotte was always one for humorous remarks about Turians.
NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

The chuckle died abruptly at the sound of the Turian behind her.

Glancing behind, Charlotte immediately pivoted to face Nero upon recognizing the woman's uniform (and having presumably seen a picture of her in her crew file). She saluted sharply, then...cautiously took the Turian's hand and shook it. Not Alliance, not the same chain of command expectations but still a chain of command.

"Staff Commander Charlotte Kingston," she said. And a bright smile beamed forth as she added, "A pleasure to meet you too, ma'am. I've been reviewing the task force personnel files. Quite a crew we have with a wide range of backgrounds. You can count on me to manage those differences, ma'am, to keep you focused on the mission."

Unstated was the Alliance model of division of duties. Captains typically had overarching strategic command while XOs both executed those commands and managed the resources to accomplish the objective. Charlotte didn't know how Turian military did it but she was used to dealing with crew schedules and any interpersonal conflicts while the Captain looked after the ship. And typically stayed aboard. Charlotte had a hunch the High Commander wouldn't be doing that either, though.

"If you plan to stick around for an examination, ma'am, I'm queued up first unless you have somewhere else you need to be. If you don't, I thought we might use the time to discuss your expectations and your vision for this mission." Charlotte's smile dropped wattage until it was the serious, sober look of a committed career officer. "I'll be honest, I've never worked with a Turian much less a Turian High Commander. If I'm going to be successful in my role, I'd like to know what you see it as so I can deliver what you need."

Iskandar Iskandar

Last edited:
Time was moving but Peros kept his thoughts quiet for now as he remained sitting down and eating his bacon and eggs. Noticing the tension between Nero and Talis over the Palaven revelation by Talis and what was revealed. Personally he thought it was overdone, touchy subject while positive intentions were made through a unwanted reveal of what accomplishment lay in the commanders past. But overdone in his regulations prejudice point of view. Neither side seemed to benefit from the difference of opinion, but perhaps it was good to see opinions clash like this, get them out and in the open and know where one another stands from the start.

In fact was more like it when you took Peros point of view, saw it the way he did. First meeting with the commander went fine, but he did make his stance clear on rank and his use of it. It was nothing personal toward her but a personal stance of his own from past experiences and his way of thinking, why he did take such a stance.

Eating his food and giving thought to his own past, taking a drink from his simple version of the humans Irish coffee. If Nero took a stance such as she did over her past, if Talis managed to dig up pieces of the Palaven operation. How would he react if more then a Asari Councilor bypassed his security efforts to black out and hide his past on Khar'shan and get revealed? It made him think. It forced him to think. He was a honest, straight forward man, his days with the blue Suns and work as a solo mercenary was a open book. But Khar'shan was a different life, a different man who was both ashamed and saw himself for what he was, a hypocrite who allowed himself blinded by his duties and other things cloud his opinions on the outdated caste system, the hedgemony and politics, slavery...... Even his own flesh and blood who were major players in the slave trade. How would he act?

The Asari was forward, yet surprisingly careful of how she said it... accepting of it and knowledgeable of what he did once he finally returned to his senses and had enough. But he wasn't working with her, he was merely obliging her wish to meet him, negotiate a deal with the Merc and get him aboard her and the councils task force crew. Three years of mainly solo operations as the Merc for hire he was, left little desire to return to older ways of going about jobs. Working with a team again.

It only in part happened because he was already on the Citadel in the lower wards. Despite his usual stubborn streak with medics and doctors, he went to see the Dr. Michel at her clinic where he heard enough of about his smoking cigars, drinking habits and blood pressure.... When he was contacted.

But that was different, here was unknown so far. Peros liked to think himself a capable Batarian in the face of confrontation of his past. But thinking and actuality were two different ball games. Only time would tell and reveal how such things would go..... Race didn't seem to be a obvious source of issue so far, ones past may show a similar understanding and lighter path.

Still snapping back from his thoughts Peros observed the room noticing Ansgar, Talis and Foss still present. Nero had left the room and likely went on toward other crewmen to meet. Possibly checking on them and status as well. It was now quiet.

Almost odd considering moments ago really.....

Nero Claudius Alexius

Nero couldn't help but smile at Charlotte as she had saluted the commander. That was good. While Nero wasn't too concerned if the others didn't salute her, military and officers needed to continue that form of discipline and respect. Nero knew that this wasn't a military operation, but a task force of various people from various backgrounds. Many were not military, or had been out of it for far too long. Nero decided to play a more easy going and friendly leader.

"A pleasure to meet you, Charlotte Kingston." Nero said warmly, "The Alliance and humanity probably take the cake for sharpest and cleanest salutes, so I am glad my XO can at least salute like her life depended on it." Nero casually chuckled, "Indeed. This is by far the toughest mission I'll have just for the sheer fact of the backgrounds and personalities of everyone here. In the military there are clashing personalities and egos but order and discipline usually quell that sorta stuff. Even a group of Spectres isn't this unique."

So far Nero was liking her XO, Charlotte. She seemed extremely intelligent and knew how to take the initiative. On top of that she was best suited out of everyone else to be the XO, and thus Nero would trust Charlotte as her closest Ally and friend, "Thank you, Charlotte. It'll be tough to manage all those personalities, but I am sure you can get the job done. Plus, I won't leave it all to you. On a mission like this it is best to get to know all these unique people and earn their trust. After all, trust is one of the most important things for a crew, and especially on a mission like this."

Nero's tone would turn more serious as Charlotte began to question her vision and expectations. Nero was glad the XO had inquired about these things, "Glad you asked, Staff Commander. Personally, I want to get this mission over with as fast as possible. Though that won't happen, we need to be cautious around Doctor Maze and his army. They are an extreme threat that will take some time to get rid of." Nero paused, thinking over her next words carefully, "In all honesty, I just don't want the galaxy to be destroyed by some madman. Saw it almost happen with Saren at the Citadel. He was someone I once called a friend. So I have every intention of stopping Maze and his army before they can cause any real harm." Nero put on a fake smile as thoughts of her mission on Palaven began to creep up on her, "I also plan on making sure none of my men or women die on this mission. I get that sacrifices are made, but these people, they don't deserve to die for the Council. They aren't military that have sworn to die defending their people. I'll get them all back home, alive and safe. That is a promise I intend on keeping, Staff Commander. Does that answer you question?" The Turian crossed her arms and looked right into Charlotte's eyes, as if to tell her that she meant every word she just said.

Epiphany Epiphany

"Practice, practice, practice." Dorathea said as she placed her sheathed weapon upon a mat like it was a precious commodity. From an expert's eye, one could tell this was no replica made for a niche market of enthusiasts and collectors but a true blade forged by a master. Of course, anymore information than that would require closer examination with tools. "And not a little bit of personal passion. I've been training since I was a maiden. Your appreciation is itself, appreciated. Nice to know half of four hundred years of refinement hasn't gone to waste." She nodded.

Charlotte's lips quirked into an amused expression that might be a smile at Nero's remark about salutes. "Well, ma'am, I'm a big believer in in making the right first impression. The Alliance has had 30 years to work on theirs and, believe me ma'am, we aim to make exactly the impression we mean to next time we have a chance for first impressions." The veiled jab at the Turian Hierarchy's choice to shoot first on humanity isn't terribly veiled but at least she's smiling when she said it.

"
Any interaction you want to have with the crew is your call of course, ma'am," she clarified when Nero expressed an interest in getting to know the crew. "I'll admit, I'm used to serving on larger ships where the crew complement makes it impossible for the captain to know everyone. Given our size and our orders, it wouldn't hurt for all of us to be as tight as we can. Especially given we have civilians with us."

When Nero mentioned Saren and the Citadel, Charlotte didn't immediately respond. The Alliance had their own feelings on that action. Hell, she'd been the XO on SSV Hawking, one of the carriers supporting the Alliance rescue on the Council's ships. That fight had been brutal and a lot of Alliance personnel had died, something she'd privately felt the Council races owed humanity for.

She hadn't really thought about the Turian perspective before now, though. Charlotte had made a fair study of Turians and their psychology while choosing to study their language during her SWCC training. They were a proud people that exalted accomplishments, reliability and performance even more than humans did. Saren, as a Spectre, had been a goddamn hero by the mores of their culture. To see one of their own, one of their very finest, betray all that they stood for and nearly succeed in overthrowing the Council must have had profound consequences for the Turian mindset.

The High Commander was also a Turian Spectre. She'd admitted to knowing Saren, considering him a friend. He reflected on her. That must be a hell of a weight to carry.

And silently, Charlotte filed the observation away in the corner of her mind to keep an eye out. It was entirely possible this High Commander had something to prove now. She'd have to be careful to ensure they didn't end up slipping off mission parameters. Though the tail end of Nero's side of the conversation relaxed her by an inch. Charlotte approved of keeping the civilians alive, a sentiment Alliance military shared with the Turians.

"
I mean to take down Doctor Maze too, ma'am," she said at last. "I was in the space fight around the Citadel myself. Don't want anything like that happening to anyone again. The best way to accomplish that is to make use of our resources, plan a strategy, refine it with intelligence and then commit to getting it done. I'll back any decision you make, ma'am, of course. In the meantime, how do you want to do this? Call a general meeting of the crew and get their input into our plan? Or do you have one in mind that I can help you communicate and execute with the crew?"

Iskandar Iskandar NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Last edited:
Fosa was still a bi distant from the others, it wasn't because she didn't like them or anything but it was just her way of learning about them, when you wanted to get to know how an animal acted you observed them while not interfering; the same applied to people in the end. that was why she stayed back rarely speaking up as she was secretly learning about the others noticing small tells and actions that betrayed emotions they didn't voice. It was something she still had to practice but had learned to do during her criminal carer like many other things. That was why she was mostly quiet she was observing others seeing how they acted and trying to determine if any of them were acting, she also was brooding a little as she had not gotten the chance to try to mess with peoples minds like she had thought up, but it had required a small meeting and she had blown that. There was also the whole sharing who you were and what you did and i am a criminal here as a last chance wasn't the greatest story; neither was i kill people for money in secret. Thus far they seemed okay no one seemed to be a plant to work against them, at least from what she could tell.

" well it got quiet here, i can barely here the engine, its rather nice" Fosa said which many would find to be distinctly unlike her race who were almost always either thrives or engineering types that loved a loud engine.

Lancet kept her silence as she configured her Omni-tool to scan XO Kingston. When the commander approached with an extended hand, she took it and returned to configuration. "A Turian I don't have to drag by the pregactal antennae for a routine check up? Did the Hegemony enact an Opposite Day or something?" She joked, finishing her calibration. The Omni-tool changed from orange to green as she began to scan the XO. She passed it along her head and worked her way down, almost tracing the human like a chalk drawing.

Lancet sniffed (or at least made the AMU's air intake overclock for a second) as the topic turned to the Citadel attack. "Trust me, Commander, fighting that ship was nothing compared to what was going on on the ground. I was crushed by broken machine and glass and god knows what. Geth troops overrunning the Citadel. It was horrible."

Lancet finished the scan and typed in data on her Omni-tool. She looked at the XO. "Outside of a small spike in your adrenals, you're perfectly healthy, Kingston. Send me any other senior staff at their earliest convenience." Lancet said before turning to Nero. "Ready, Commander?"

Epiphany Epiphany Iskandar Iskandar

Nero Claudius Alexius

Nero chuckled at the jab that Kingston threw her way towards Turian's and first impressions, "Be glad you didn't stumble into Krogan Space first. They would have probably wiped you humans out... or tried to enslave you all." Nero shrugged. To her the who Shanxi incident and First-Contact war was a shit show. Nero understood the reason for being cautious of a new alien species, but the Turian Hierarchy really messed up with the humans and first contact.

"I was usually Army, so commanding a ship will be a bit different for me. Let us hope it isn't as hard as commanding the whole Special Ops Core of the Turian Military." Nero commented on the XO being used to larger ships and how it should be easier with a smaller crew like the one they have, "I agree though, in terms of crew management, this will be pretty similar to operating a Spec Ops Squad or being on a mission with multiple Spectres. Which is rare but it happens. Still, thanks for offering to help with them."

"What can I say Doctor, I like to be the first to do the impossible. I'm probably the only Turian in the galaxy that is okay with medical examinations and will participate in one of my own free will." Nero smiled before chuckling at the Opposite day joke, "Spirits no. If the Hierarchy ever enacted an Opposite Day, we wouldn't last and probably all turn into Krogans... or Salarians. Probably Salarians."

Nero would once more look a little gloom and serious once Charlotte brought up the Battle for the Citadel again. The Turian would listen intently to Charlotte and even more so to Doctor Lancet once she chimed in with her story and experience of the Battle. The commander took a deep breath, "I would have done anything to be up there in that battle against Sovereign. That was nothing compared to the hell that was the Citadel. I saw Geth murder helpless women and children. People get turned into husks and forced to kill their friends... Even I had to put down some good men and friends that day because they had been turned."

Nero's personality would once more shift to a more calm and happy one when the Doctor asked if she was ready for an examination, "I guess it is my turn. Yep, as ready as a Krogan is to headbutt." She snickered before looking back to Charlotte, "As to answer your question, Kingston, I have a vague plan in mind, but would prefer to opinions of the crew. See what they'd like to do and not do and go from there. We'll call a meeting once everything is loaded on the ship and we are on our way to Sur'Kesh. Since none of us besides the Salarian Scientiest have much knowledge of Sur'Kesh, we'd be going in blind. The Salarians keep their homeworld almost as secluded as Palaven."

Epiphany Epiphany NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Thoughts and caught within his mind allowed for much food and drink consumption at average pace. No talking to interrupt his chow. But after allowing for personal thoughts about his past and how he'd handle such things was over... Peros looked up toward Ansgar and Fosa with a moment of reflection and observation in notice of what the scene was like now as Nero was gone and Talis quiet as well as himself, Fosa and Ansgar. Looking toward his fellow crew mates and specifically his Quarian counterpart. " Yes. A rather changing atmosphere of tone, huh? But I thought the Quarian people liked sounds of engines.... Something about ship safety and how they run for the flotilla? Not saying it's true.... nor trust what they say about groups of entire people. But If correct, you're unique are you not?" Peros spoke in asking the question. He didn't claim to know entire cultures or races beliefs or trust the word of anyone who talks loud about what entire species are like and expect it true for each individual but some kernels could true and only way could be said for certain and that was by asking the question. Fosa was present and he was supposed to get to know his fellow mates of Phoenix crew.

Karcen Karcen Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Fosa chuckled she was without and doubt unique though she perfected being called quirky or odd, as unique seemed just a bit to grandiose or to egotistical. Still most were skilled in subjects she was not, yeah she could keep a ship running but she was no where near as skilled as her kin she was a rare member of her species, but then again it seemed everyone here was.

" I have never been all that great at mechanics, just not my thing" she said before reaching out and creating a biotic field around a salt shaker and making it float " But then again i am no where near normal" She finished as a quarian Biotic was basically unheard of because of the strange circumstances that were required to expose one of their unborn to element zero.

The Silent Z The Silent Z

It took some time to truly comprehend the reality of a Quarian biotic. The knowledge of how strict and careful they were by public knowledge stand point was enough to have shock when meeting a biotic Quarian in person. It was unheard of though obviously not impossible as show before him by Fosa and her gravitational field through biotics to levitate the salt shaker and let it float. Add on his listening to Fosa speak in response to his question and seeing meaning of her words, showing that she was indeed a unique Quarian based on the knowledge about them he was aware of and able to learn in his limited experiences with the wanderers of exiled nature. Though he still pondered how much was true and how much was fiction but left it be, getting to know the woman before him was more important to the here and now. "Hmm... We've all got our own traits apart from the stereotypes about our people then I see? Least I'm assuming from what I have learned up til now. Good." Peros responded with a nod and observed for a moment the salt shaker. "Your speaking openly... Normally I thought biotics near legend when placed with your people. Immune systems and precautions, necessary exposure and environmental suits alone.... The odds seemed more then rare, I thought anyway. But biotics aren't my specialty obviously, only biotics could speak expertly on the topic." Peros continued and accepted what he had seen without further observation of the unique aura surrounding his witness to seeing a biotic amongst the Quarian.

"My basic understanding aside. It should be interesting working with a team again, don't know all of ya, but I wager this crew will not be without its highlights and entertainment. Too diverse for expectations or the foreseen." Peros added while getting up and taking his plate, fork and now empty cup over toward the sink to wash them and put them away.

Karcen Karcen

Ulysses entered the messhall with a black dufflebag slung over his shoulder he strode briskly to the emergency weapons locker against the wall. Entering his code he opened the locker and began to pull supplies from the duffle and store them in the locker. A closer inspection would show that he was in fact adding to an already considerable supply of rations that had been stored in the locker. After completing the task he fetched himself a glass of lemonade and sat at the table.

Taking a sip from his drink, Ulysses reached into his front pocket and pulled out a notepad and pen. He opened the pad and began jotting down the locker inventory, after updating his records he rechecked his logs before closing the book before returning to his drink. In his mind he mulled over the logistics of this project, the revenue spent on crew accommodations alone would've paid for a frigate. Still he could that the ship itself was a marvel, all the best technologies were brought together. "She really is a beautiful ship I think I'll have to get me one." He said idly looking around the interior of the ship, "I wonder if it comes in red?"

Last edited:
"The things I could do with that time..." Gwyn said, imagining how many ships and robots she could build with an asari's lifespan. Lordy, no one would see her for decades and she would emerge with the coolest things. With flamethrowers. And tea kettles. She could make a robot flamethrower-heated tea kettle ship. "S'Fair enough but I'd probably lop my arms off before then. Did ya think it was going to waste though? I mean you're here so I'm guessing you're gonna be using it," She said as she approached the asari giving her sword the side-eye, "Or at least I think so I don't know what you do. But, I've been promised parts I'd like if I get a interesting fact about you. which on one hand, I think the captains icebreakers are terrible. On the other hand I probably would just hide in the engine room for the duration of my assignment if she didn't tell me to talk to people." She shrugged innocently.
Steel Accord Steel Accord

"Perhaps, I'm certainly prepared to use it but I'll go in with whatever weapon the Commander issues me. Speaking of whom, what is your opinion on the Commander? I've yet to meet her myself." Dorathea would like to meet other people before they reached Sur'kesh. Not that this engineer was unpleasant company but there was quite a roster she'd be sharing space with and unlike what Gwyn self-described as, Dorathea liked the company of others. Normally she would take her time with this agenda, after all they'd be together for quite a term, but the time it would take to reach Sur'kesh was much shorter.

"The commander hm..." Gwyn said thoughtfully," I only talked to her for a bit but she was very...wow. Like you I guess. Except less look at me I can be a beautiful ninja who's fancier then you with no effort and more like..." gwynfidgeted, her hands going everywhere, "She walked in and I was all 'Oh that's who's in charge' Very turian I guess? Like she radiates authority and charm and I was thinking that yeah I'd go grab my halberd and get in formation by the rising of the moon for her y'know? besides I think her clan paints really pretty and I feel like she's the person I'd want to scratch my back cause it looks like her hands would be nice and scratchy. Anyway you two are similar so I'm sure you'll get along. The only real problem is her name's Nero and that's really confusing since thats a latin or roman thing and I know the Turians have a similar culture but its weird they'd have the same names or maybe its a translation thing anyway I do have a tad bit of a grudge against romans since me da always said thy were right pricks to our ancestors but I think that was just him trying to make history more interesting for me which he didn't need to because I love roman engineering since its utterly fascinating but oh dear am I rambling? I tend to so I can't help it because I'm nervous and everyone's so pretty and I just really want to look at your fa- Sword."
Steel Accord Steel Accord

Glad to have the conversation about her little reveal ended, Talis sat back and listened out as conversation began through out the tables they sat. The mere seemed to have found an interest with the the Quarian biotic, who Talis would agree was a person of much interest. She had travelled a good part of the galaxy and interacted to fair few Quarians and none were or mentioned biotics, she didn't even think it possible considering their situation that a biotic could be born within the Quarians. She would have to speak to the girl at some point.

However the conversation between Nero and Caroline drew her attention with the mention of the battle of the Citadel. Instantly a flash of memories rushed through her mind. Geth firing at her, she protecting herself and others through a biotic shield bubble as they pulled back. Corpses of colleagues and some she knew well littering the floor. Among the sound of gunfire, the clicking noise the geth made. The hop of the stalkers all around them, trying to get a shot. So much fire power... She could not hold. An explosion. She suddenly stood and rushed out of the mess hall, she felt pressured in her making it difficult to breath. She felt the heat from the explosion, the name echoes her mind. She fell back against a wall inn a corridor, she didn't how far she went from the mess hole. Panic and quilt was the only thing she could feel.

Dorathea raised an eyebrow and gave a small smile. She really didn't see herself as that fetching. It was strange to see this display in the young woman before her because she could remember a time when she felt very similar. The object of her adoration ended up coming short of her expectations, but still. It was a novel experience to be on the other side of this situation.

"She does sound interesting. Perhaps you could take me to her if you saw her last?"

Finishing up some cleaning of his used kitchen ware and putting them all away, turning around in time to notice the new guy show up and begin unpacking more supplies by the looks of it within a locker near the mess hall. Followed by some fetching of lemonade and jotting down info to some older forms of writing, paper and pen, a notepad like that wasn't common these days. Technology was so advanced it made anything made of paper nearly obsolete, though Peros himself did prefer old books in paperback and hardback form compared to flipping through with swipes on his data pad to read a good book. He couldn't explain it, just preferred it. Though outside of that, technology was far more his style as it tended to be faster and more convenient for him personally.

Listening to the supplies guy talk, Peros nodded along in agreement. "Certainly better then any junker I've hitched a ride on. Not every boss pays for style... Especially if your expensive. A ship like this one has its immediate perks and beauty leaning in its favor for me." Peros spoke offering a response to the man while leaning against the counter for a minute. "If you've got the credits or contacts, I'm sure any color is possible. Likely could be personalized quite nicely." He continued chiming in for a bit before deciding his next move. "I think I'll take a walk and tour this ship a bit. The bottom decks and mess hall are about all I've seen so far, I wouldn't hate a cigar either at this moment. But catching on names first, you the quartermaster aboard this ship?"

Mekuto Mekuto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back