• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Mass Effect Andromeda - Retaliation [OOC]

Ryesona

The Emperor's Will Made Manifest
Mass Effect Andromeda - Retaliation

mass-effect-andromeda-wiki.jpg

The Archon is dead. The Nexus, the outcasts, and the Angara have made planet fall on Meridian. The pioneers that braved the journey from the Milky Way to Andromeda and Angara celebrate and mourn alike. Despite the legendary acts executed by Ryder’s pathfinder team, danger still encroaches upon the Nexus.

The Kett and the mysteries behind the Remnant still persist.

But not all can be a legend like Ryder or hold the office of a pathfinder. Some are ordinary individuals pressed into extraordinary circumstances. Disregarding the protests from those within the Initiative leadership that sued for scientific progress over the militarism movement ignited by the encounter with the Kett, Kandros and various others have taken the first steps to building a professional army of the Initiative.

Several years have passed since the conflict with the Heleus Archon. The Initiative has built up its military might with the help of the Angara. On the outskirts of Initiative-Angara controlled space, the Kett have returned to finish what the Archon couldn’t. To exalt the species who overcame one of their own.

Part of the Initiative-Angaran Alliance Unified Military Branches (IAA-UMB), we are a Pinnacle cell: operatives primarily recruited from APEX. Our mission is to be the vanguard against any dangers to, enemies within and without, the Initiative-Angaran Alliance (IAA). Based off the spectres, it is our job to eradicate the threat in its nascent form or, if that should fail, pave the way for IAA retaliation.

The Initiative didn’t come as conquerors.

Those who desire conquest found us.

Expectations

PLEASE READ THE BELOW. ALL OF THEM ARE IMPORTANT AND WILL AFFECT YOUR EXPERIENCE
  1. First and foremost, have fun! As your GM, I'm hoping to provide some level of immersion in the MEA world. There will be NPCs and supporting characters, which I will help track on the OOC page for your reference and reading pleasure.
  2. I will assume control not control or god mod your characters. However, I will write things that may impact your characters. Similarly, I expect folks to exercise good judgement and not godify their characters.
  3. To address the linear nature of the roleplay, there are set story points already plotted that we probably will not stray from. However, I have included some parts in the roleplay where y'all can voice your opinion on which branch we all want it go.
  4. As a response to point 3, feel free to talk to me! Suggest things! I'd like to foster a collaborative open forum type environment!
  5. While hostile, neutral, and friendly NPCs may be interacted with as you wish, the 'boss' enemies will be controlled by yours truly and be more involved in how to confront them. Hopefully, I can rely on folks' discretion to write appropriately when we encounter these figures.
  6. As expected, we will follow the rules of RPN. I also ask that if any concerns arise, be civil in resolving them.
  7. For post length, I don't want to mandate a post requirement. In my opinion, that kills the fun of writing. What I will say is minimize one liners as much as possible. Seldom is that enough for others to respond to. If you have concerns with this, ask me.
  8. On the topic of activity, I'm pretty sure the majority of us have lives outside of RPing. However, to prevent things from going full stop, I'd like to aim for ONE post per WEEK. I hope that's doable.
  9. If you need to take a leave of absence, that's fine. Let me know, and I will AUTO your character out of respect for everyone else.
  10. If you ghost/disappear and fail to respond to my messages or communicate with me, I will auto your character for TWO WEEKS in case you return. However, past that time, I will either find a way to dismiss your character or kill them off. Please know that I will not exercise this point on a whim. I'm trying to balance both individual and group interest.
  11. I will modify these as needed, and I will COMMUNICATE changes with you. Again, I am open to discussion. Please let me know if you have any concerns, and let's have fun!

Characters

Name:

Species:

Description: (Written, an image, or and intermix between the two is fine.)

Specialization: (Soldier, Combat Engineer, Infiltrator, Biotic, Vanguard, Sentinel)

Skills: (Pick three active skills from your respective class. Choose two passive skills if you’d like. The passives may help with the dice system, if I decide to implement it. If you’d like to intermix class skills, DM me and explain your rationale)

Psychological Profile: (Personality and anything else you may like to write. Paragraphs or bullet points are fine)

Service History: (Who are they? What did they do before joining Pinnacle? Most Pinnacle operatives will be from APEX; however, some can be recruited directly from the general military. The latter is much rarer. Paragraphs or bullet points are fine.)

Official Character Roster

Inactive Character Roster

Ghosted/Abandoned Character Roster

Important Locations

51832786-1593657811.png

Kadara still remains a major hub for freelancers, exiles, mercenary groups, or any other less than legal individuals and organizations to congregate at. However, it's not entirely lawless. Although still in contention with the IAA, Kadara remains a free port protected by the exiles.

Near the Initiative outpost, a UMBMC garrison is on planet. There's also a UMBNF stationed near Kadara's orbit. This planet is a central transit station for the IAA, exile, and any free vessel in IAA space.

3de6d3e7401c16758706cbb60c1e8924.jpg

Aldora is a major technology and agricultural world. Near the periphery of the IAA core systems, Aldora is idyllic - save for the wildlife that actively hunts the settlement's colonists. This world is one of the worlds that the UMB sends its forces to train at. Despite the UMB usage of the planet, a small garrison is located here geared towards peace keeping and warding off the wildlife.

913dd4fe7aef0dfee2a79bd675015400--asteroid-mining-environment-design.jpg

X55 is a major metal refinery that extracts the materials need to fuel the IAA's production lines. Given the richness of the asteroid belt surrounding X55, it is well protected, and traffic is restricted in this sector.

World Information

The IAA was formed after the battle against the first Archon. The Angaran and the Initiative took further steps to solidify their relationship and formed the IAA.

Pinnacle is the IAA’s response to those who needed to be the vanguard against the IAA’s enemies. Although similar to APEX, Pinnacle operatives are taught to operate independently and do everything within their means to eliminate any hostiles within and without the purview of the IAA.

Pinnacle operatives mirror closely to the Milky Way’s spectres. They have a great deal of autonomy; however, they work in cells as opposed to working alone.

The IAA-UMB was formed due to the IAA realizing that without a professional army, there could be no peace against the Kett or any other invaders that sought to destroy the IAA. Although the Initiative arrived in Andromeda to find a new way and pursue scientific pursuits, the militarists movement ultimately won the establishment of the IAA’s armed forces.

Resources has since been diverted to create machines of war and train professional soldiers.

The UMB is comprised of three branches: the Marines, the Navy, and the Special Operations.

Cool, I'll work on something on the morrow. I like combat base classes. I may do any of those three, haven't fully decided.

Welcome friends!

Cool, I'll work on something on the morrow. I like combat base classes. I may do any of those three, haven't fully decided.

Go wild and no rush!

I'm personally making an Adept

Biotics are pretty cool! I'm working on an engineer character myself!

Can there be a separate thread for character sheets?

I thought it'd be more convenient to centralize information and minimize the number of threads to check. The characters would be placed within a spoiler tag similar to what's already in the initial post.

Do folks feel strongly about having a CS only thread?

Welcome friends!

Go wild and no rush!

Biotics are pretty cool! I'm working on an engineer character myself!

I thought it'd be more convenient to centralize information and minimize the number of threads to check. The characters would be placed within a spoiler tag similar to what's already in the initial post.

Biotics are indeed cool as hell.

Well, RPN thankful does have the thread link you can add to the top. I personally am in favor of a CS, especially when I want to look over characters too.

Most roleplays have a separate CS section and that's worked well so far. You can link the OOC, CS, and Main threads together if you hit the edit button at the top and add the links.
In my experience having the CS on the OOC page just makes it harder.

Hmm. He fits the Infiltrator ability alright, but should I make him a rare Quarian Biotic, and go Vanguard?

Edit: eh, we'll keep it simple and go Infiltrator.

Last edited:
Sounds good! Thanks for the feedback. I'll go ahead and make a CS and link it. I just noticed the linking option y'all were talking about.

Hmm. He fits the Infiltrator ability alright, but should I make him a rare Quarian Biotic, and go Vanguard?

Edit: eh, we'll keep it simple and go Infiltrator.

Yoooo a biotic quarian sounds ... intense.

Also, I'll have my character up soon with more lore updates!

I'll go ahead and throw this up. I decided to give the character a biotic flare.

Name: Ryn'Mavir vas Keelah Si'yah

Species: Quarian

Description: As with most of his race, Ryn is known by his suit, not his face. He wears a pretty standard Quarian environmental suit in earth tones, with the metal showing usually a bronze or brass color. He wears a chest rig with some extra pouches. Over this is a dark brown leather long coat, with a fur collar of an off-white color. Working in the tubes and wires coming out the back of his helmet and connecting to the back of his suit are some beads and braids made up of roping material, giving it a messy ponytail vibe.

Specialization: Vanguard

Weapons: Sidewinder Pistol, M-37 Falcon Assault Rifle

Skills:
1) Backlash
2) Omni-Grenade
3) Reave
>Pistol
>Barrier

Psychological Profile: Ryn'Mavir to most who meet him is a laid back, easy going gent who enjoys a good chat over some filtered turan brandy. He doesn't make much guff what race or occupation you are. If you approach with friendly intent, he will respond in kind. It's the other side of that coin where things get interesting. Any attempt to harm him or those he has chosen to be his concern ends up with double the trouble in return. He's use to being on the weaker side, so he makes up for it with his wit and intelligence, along with a heap of cunning. He has no qualms about taking whatever advantage he has to to ensure the mission is complete, including stuff like collateral damage, dirty tricks, and threats to the loved ones of his adversaries. Despite this morally grey approach to his enemies, he takes a "no man gets left behind" attitude when it comes to his allies and team.

Service History: To get to know Ryn'Mavir, you first have to understand his old ship, the Thamlus. The Thamlus was an old Turian warship that the Quarians bought and retrofitted to serve in the Migrant Fleet. Since then, the Thamlus gained a reputation of brutality. Many planets in both Council Space and the Terminus systems know the Thamlus as a fair and honest trading partner. It's crew specialized in the re-purposing and customization of technology from civilian farming equipment, to small arms, and even space vessels. Where the brutality comes in is when someone tries to double cross or take advantage of them. Any harm done to the Thamlus or the Migrant Fleet, the ship's crew is prepared to repay tenfold. And because of the outmatched and vulnerable nature of the Quarian people, the crew of the Thamlus at times employ tactics and measures considered unsavory by many. Because of the Thamlus's reputation and perceived duty to the fleet, the crew followed the example of the Solarian STG and the Council's Spectres in the creation of a group that could act with the authority to do what was necessary to safeguard the ship and the fleet. These agents were called Outriders.
Ryn'Mavir was one such Outrider. Before he was born, he was exposed to a element zero leak his mother tried to seal. She saved the ship and was able to bring Ryn to term, but passed away after child birth. He was found to be biotic by his father, who convinced the captain to help the young quarian develop his powers. The implants nearly did him in, but Ryn'Mavir survived and learned to use his biotics well. His Pilgrimage saw him spend time in a small turian mercenary group, making contacts in the Terminus Systems. His gift to the Thamlus to become part of her crew was a weapon stockpile and his contacts. While he at first seemed to settle in as a supply officer aboard the Thamlus, he became aware that the engine leak that had given him his biotics rendered him steril. Without the ability to provide children to help carry on the Quarian legacy, Ryn ended his relationship with one of the Thamlus's pilots, and put in for off ship duty. His willingness to risk his life so other quarians won't have to and his expertise with dealing with other races made him a prime candidate for the Outriders. With some additional training, he was sent out to protect his people's interests. For the next decade, he worked in the Terminus system, negotiating deals, doing favors for trade partners, and dealing with problems as they rose. He learned to live by his wits and charm as he rubbed shoulders with gangsters, small politicians, law enforcement, and merchants. He spent most of his time away from the ship and flotilla, but always took a keen interest in the Quarians that he met, helping young quarians on their pilgrimage secure worthy gifts for their new ships.
As the years dragged on, the topic of the homeworld came up with increased frequency, though Ryn himself tended to think of it as a lost cause. Better to actually put effort in finding a new home than pining for the Geth infested old one. That's when the Initiative came forward with the promise of a new galaxy. Personally, Ryn was all for the idea. While he didn't think he should take the seat from another Quarian, he though what his people needed was a fresh start, somewhere they could truly get away from the mistakes of the past. The Thamlus crew was divided, ending up with the new captain offering her ship's expertise to help make the Ark Keelah Si'yah, and letting those who wished to to join the Initiative to do so. But she and the Thamlus would return to the flotilla. While Ryn was reluctant to put his name in, the captain of the Thamlus, his old flame, requested that he go along to look after the Keelah Si'yah in Andromedia as he had for the Thamlus. Ryn agreed.
During preparation and the long voyage, Ryn was assigned a supply position, but quickly got moved to a relations positions to act as a go-between for the different races. Arriving at Nexus made his life easier, continuing his duties as a negotiator. It wasn't until he was sent to deal with some belligerent outcasts that he truly felt at home. His old reputation as a man you didn't cross started picking up around the Nexus. When offered a chance to practice a less diplomatic form of negotiation in Pinnacle, Ryn'Mavir jumped for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back