• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect Andromeda: APEX Overview & Rules

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
IC Thread OOC Characters

Overview

mass-effect-mp3.jpg

2819. After a 600 year voyage the Milky Way travelers have arrived in the Andromeda galaxy, only, things are not quite as ‘golden’ as they were promised. The worlds are uninhabitable, but with the help of the human pathfinder and the technology of an ancient race simply termed ‘The Remnant’, things are slowly being turned around. The first colony outpost has been established successfully on Eos, yet the arks remain lost. APEX has just been started and there will no doubt be a few bumps in the road on the way to making it an elite task force. As the pathfinder continues, new worlds will become available and missions will be run in an increasing number of hostile environments. New species must learn to work together; old ones must learn to heal past wounds. Survival here is only possible with cooperativity.

The APEX strike teams are a special branch of the Nexus militia, combined with voluntary fighters from the Angaran resistance and the Krogan colony. As such, recruits will be mostly civilians with minimal training beyond what is given by the militia itself. That being said, there can certainly be a wide variety of combat skills recruited, from biotics to tech users, soldiers to backstreet brawlers. You can use the multiplayer class guides from either ME:A or ME3 to help you choose, though keep in mind the recruits are quite raw and won’t have the years of training required for some of the more advanced classes.

Last edited:
Rules
- Respect all of RpN’s rules and guidelines

- Respect the other players

- Please be consistent, minimum of 1 post per week, likely it will be more. If you are not consistent you may be asked to leave.

- I need reliable players, please don’t join if you think you will drop it in a week because you are too busy etc.

- Post minimum is one solid paragraph (i.e. 6 lines), anyone posting continuously below that is advised not to join.

- Classes from any of the 3 games will be allowed, custom classes must be approved by me before they are accepted.

- This is a purely text-based rp, no dice rolls to determine damage, no character stats etc.

- You must follow the profile outline I provide, you may deviate in colour and extra topics but I would like the overall layout to be the same.

- Personality and bio sections of the profile will be a minimum of 2 solid paragraphs (i.e. 6 lines) and no less.

- Absolutely no spoilers are allowed in the IC, OOC chat you may discuss the story line and happenings but only in spoiler tabs. Please take this seriously. Nobody likes having a good thing spoiled. That being said, I cannot control what people do, if you are very concerned about spoilers I advise you to finish the game before you join this.

- As of yet there are only a set number of milky way species in the Heleus cluster, if you wish to play a species not listed below you must ask me in a pm and come up with a very good reasonas to why they are there.

- Playable species: Human, Turian, Salarian, Asari, Krogan, Angara.

- Your character is automatically part of APEX, they are fighters. Please do not post characters that have no combat abilities, they will be refused.

- They are also mostly inexperienced, as the truly experienced fighters: the Asari commandoes, Salarian STG operatives and Turian officers already have jobs matching their skills within the Nexus. You will also not be playing any Krogan warlords.

- Just to reiterate here, this is an entirely OC-driven rp. No one will be allowed to play the canon characters.

Links to Species Profiles & Class Guide
Below please find the links to the species pages and the APEX class guide on the Mass Effect wiki site.
I will warn you now, these pages contain spoilers for the games, the original trilogy species profiles have spoilers for the original trilogy, but only the Angara profile contains spoilers for Andromeda.

Below the links I have edited the Angara profile to be spoiler free, for those interested.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Angara

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Asari

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Human

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Krogan

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Salarian

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Turian

ME:A Class guide

http://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5418-mass-effect-andromeda-guide-multiplayer-characters-and-classes

The Angara:

The angara are the only known sapient race native to the Heleus Cluster of the Andromeda galaxy, and arose on the planet Havarl. By the time of the Andromeda Initiative's first contact with them, the angara had been waging a decades-long resistance against the invading kett.

Biology:

The angara are warm-blooded mammals. They have a similar leg structure to a quarian or a salarian, along with relatively broad shoulders and narrow waists. They have two black eyes with blue irises, a single pair of nostrils, and folds of flesh on the sides of their heads that extend to their chests. Angara hands have the bone structure for five fingers, but the final three fingers on each hand are densely webbed together into a single digit. Angara are sexually dimorphic: male angara are taller than females, and females have wider hips and rounder faces. Skin colors feature various shades of blue or mauve, sometimes shading into green or tan. Their blood is deep blue in color.

They have different internal biology and taste buds to humans and other species. For example they are immune to the capsaicin used to spice most food, while finding the methyl anthranilate used in most candy cause a painful burning sensation.

Although all organisms produce a natural bioelectrical field, the angara produce an especially intense field and can exert fine control over it for purposes such as communication. Angara physiology is also dependent on sunlight, specifically the electromagnetic radiation that a sun emanates. Lack of real or artificial sunlight causes them to "go dark", which weakens their immune systems and bio-energy significantly. Prolonged lack of sunlight can lead to a coma and then death. To supplement their sunlight intake or provide a light source when natural light is not readily available, the angara make use of powerful ultraviolet lamps that give them both heat and light. The angara also seem to be resistant to cold, as some angara on Voeld prefer living there even more than Aya.

History:

According to the angara, they were once a highly advanced species that originated on Havarl and spread to many worlds in the Heleus Cluster. An ancient site on Havarl known as the Forge holds the oldest pre-Scourge ruins known to the angara, and is regarded as the birthplace of their civilization. The appearance of the Scourge ruined the angara's worlds and sent their civilization into a pre-industrial dark age that lasted a century. The angara of five worlds, including Havarl and Voeld, eventually rediscovered spaceflight and reestablished communication with each other, finding that the centuries of isolation had created divergent cultures. The angara began to expand again, colonizing Kadara and Aya, and efforts were made to establish a new unified government for their species.

The kett invasion of the Heleus Cluster in 2744 disrupted the rebuilding of angaran civilization. No angaran records of first contact with the kett survive, and so the exact circumstances of how the angara were overwhelmed are muddled. The few details of the early years of the invasion indicate that the kett played the angara against each other. By the time the angara realized who the true enemy was, their military and space fleet had been destroyed. Multiple angaran resistance movements were established to battle the kett, but saw little success until 2814, when Evfra de Tershaav reorganized them into the Angaran Resistance, headquartered on Aya.

Culture:

The angara as a people are very free with their emotions, demonstrative and "larger than life". If they love you they hug you, if they hate you or if you make them mad, they punch you; this extends to their own family members. The angara are typically mistrustful of other races, which is understandable; the last outsiders they met were the kett and they have done nothing but attack and enslave the angara.
While they have only one true mother and father, the angara share their parents with the community. Their families are very large, consisting of multiple mothers and many siblings and cousins, and play an important role in their lives.
The angaran calendar uses a seven day week. The days are named Sabay, Tef, Vaa, Ema, Roa, Fev, and Bav.

Religion:
While the angara have many different religions, all share the same basic tenet: that when an angaran dies, he or she is reincarnated and the reincarnated soul stays in the family, making their lineage stronger.

Language:
Although the angara have between 200 and 300 languages, their most common language is Shelesh, a lingua franca developed in the early days of angaran spaceflight before the Scourge. Shelesh faded into obscurity when angaran civilization collapsed, but has recently been revived as separated angaran settlements have reestablished relations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back