• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Masked Hearts Ball - Out of Character

Character Relationships

• Acquaintances

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friends

• Strangers

• Total voters
@MidnightAnew

So, I was working on my character form at the same time I guess you submitted yours and I just noticed our characters have, er, similar names... If that's a problem, I can change that. [Or probably just scrap him altogether and use a different character] ...Yay for awkward coincidences! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Aato said:
@MidnightAnew
So, I was working on my character form at the same time I guess you submitted yours and I just noticed our characters have, er, similar names... If that's a problem, I can change that. [Or probably just scrap him altogether and use a different character] ...Yay for awkward coincidences! xD
Ah yeah I see. Well I don't mind finding a new last name, I'm not like dead set on it or anything. So yeah it's fine :) I'll just change mine later.

3 and a half more hours!

30 mins!

Hey guys!

So the signups closed last night.

If you got an extension you've got until tomorrow Friday July 10, 2015 to finish your CS.

By that time I should have a list of the people who will be participating and I'll send out the PMs to those who qualified!

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay, I got caught up in some stuff.

Expect the PMs in an hour or two =)

I Nessie accept the role of Itzel E. Bonaventura and Karsten N. Lichtenberg.

~NessieAlways~

Hey Nessie! Introduce yourself!

Hey guys!

So I know I already introduced myself at the beginning of this tab, but I feel like I have to do it again to provide an example. Plus, I wouldn't make you all do something if I don't do it myself =)

Anywho before I start I just want to apologize for the abrupt absence in this RP. I could bore you all with my million and one reasons of why it's taking me so long to get the characters posted, but I wont! I just want you all to know that I'm truly sorry and hope it doesn't happen again! If I do have to be absent I'll let you all know =)

Okay so let's begin, I'm NessieAlways, but you guys can call me Nessie, Ness, or anything else that's not insulting or derogatory.

I will be playing the role of the runaway bride, Itzel Estephania Bonaventura and the baby daddy Karsten Nicklaus Lichtenberg.

If I cooked a meal...that's a tough one. I love cooking and not to toot my own horn, but my dishes turn out really tasty. What could I possibly cook my special someone...hmm...Oh I know! I wouldn't cook for him. I'd bake for him! We officially started talking when I offered him some cake pops. He was in the same summer class that I was in and I took cake pops for the professors, obviously everyone and their mothers wanted some so the following week I made some for the classes. He was sitting across from me and I offered him one. We became instant best friends since that day and every time we see each other he tells me to make him some.

Have I ever had a pet name, sadly no. The closest thing to a nickname is you all calling me Nessie. In RL no one calls me Nessie. People started to back in my freshmen year of high school. The guy I liked at the point in my life started to call me Nessie and it caught on pretty quickly, but I had to tell everyone to stop when my biology professor, a big fat white guy with a baby face, started calling me Nessie. I had nightmares for a while, but all is good now! Some girl on my school bus tried to call me Marjory Stewart from Salad Fingers my freshmen year also, but that one never caught on. Thankfully The reason for that nickname is still unknown.

Well I've only had a handful of dates all of which included me having to ride the city bus to the date locations since both my boyfriend at the time and I didn't own vehicles, but lets see worst or best date. Oh I know! Worst date ever! In my opinion So I decided to take my BF to the carnival. He isn't fan of big ride, but he said he'd do carnival rides so I was happy. But once we got there he chickened out on me. I ended up riding most of the rides by myself and when he tried to pull the "I'm winning my GF a bear" he ran out of money and I ended up paying for my own bear. It was pathetic xD

Lastly what I expect from this RP is for it to actually pull through. To be completely transparent with you guys, I was so excited about the first take on this that seeing it die has made me a bit weary on re-opening it. I don't want to see this RP dying before it gets good. I wasn't going to make a reboot, but seeing that some people were interested in the RP made me give it one more shot!

Okay so you all don't have to write as much as I did. I kind of go overboard on these things, but oh well xD

I can't stop myself from writing most of the time.

Anywho...I'm done!

I can't wait to RP with you guys!​

I, Luminescent, accept the role of Caroline M Beauregard.

--Luminescent--

Everybody else was doing something cool with their names and I felt left out so here you go.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My name is Luminescent, but you can call me Lumi, Lulu, or 5. Really whatever floats your boat. (Yes, you can call me 5. Its my username on a lot of other websites, so I get called that a lot around here.)

I will be playing the awkward comedian, Caroline M. Beauregard.

If I cooked a meal for my significant other, it would probably be a nice pasta and a fancy salad. Growing up, my mom loved to make salads. We had a huge garden in my backyard, and we would always help her gather greens and put if together into a huge fruit and veggie salad. I'd probably add some nuts and berries in there too, with a nice hearty sauce. Maybe grill up some chicken and throw it in there too. For the pasta I'd make some nice fettucine with some pesto basil sauce. We'd eat it out on the patio with the birds and wind chimes sounding. There'd probably be some nice 60s soul music playing and the sun would be setting over the horizon. It would be a nice meal to remind me of home, as well as set the mood for a nice, relaxing dinner.

I don't think I've ever had a pet name, other than abbreviations of my name, which I don't give out on the internet. :P If I did have a pet name, I wouldn't want it to be pumpkin. Or cupcake. Or any other food item. Maybe nostril.... Just kidding, that's terrifying. For future note, if someone ever calls you nostril as a pet name, dump them IMMEDIATELY and find a new guy/girl. Seriously.

I haven't been on too many dates in my time. I guess the best one would be just about a year ago. It was snowy and cold outside, so we decided to stay in. We sat on his comfy couch where he taught me to play his shooting games while we sipped hot chocolate. We snuggled for a little and watched a few movies before I had to head home. Although it was a super fun date, our relationship didn't last long... Cheating bastard...

From this RP, I expect a whole lot of fun! I really want to bond and make friends with you guys and make this a super fun experience. Hopefully this pulls through and we can make this an RP to remember! Best of luck to you all!

~Luminescent~

(P.S. My ears were ringing when I got that notification, because I was so excited!!)​

I, Midnight, accept the roles of Daniel L. McBreyer and Ryan Park.

|| MidnightAnew ||

Bonjour, mes choux!

Salutations, lovelies! Pleased to meet you all :) Well, here I am- making an intro post and trying not to be overly awkward, haha.

First of all, I'm MidnightAnew, and you may call me Midnight or any cute pet name you think of ^.^

I will be playing two males, the aloof but alluring Daniel Lawrence McBreyer and the amiably adorable Ryan Park.

~If I cooked a meal for a significant other, that would first require me to find one. Sort of a sore subject for me at the moment actually, haha. But that's a hard question... I'm good at following recipes, so I feel like whatever would turn out okay. Maybe not pro-chef level, but good enough to eat. But baking is also my preference, so I would probably bake something like cheesecake brownies or something, I don't really know. Too hard, next question xP

~I don't really think I've had a cute pet name, to be honest. People find me both cute and intimidating, so they're a little wary to call me anything, I think. My friends refer to me as a ninja, but that's not really a pet name. And my one friend calls me Sassafras sometimes because I'm really sarcastic and sassy. Oh! I have a friend who calls me her "cherie" and I call her the same thing. We've been friends for several years now and had the same high school French class :3 But I can't think of any like...super special individual pet name other than that ^^'

~Okay, I'm just gonna come clean and let you all know now- my RL romance skills are basically Level 0. I've never dated anyone. Though technically I've been on a "date" although the guy was just a friend- but it was dinner out, which he paid for, and a movie at his house...so I guess that counts. The guy is flirty with most girls, and we're just friends so it was fun but not like a serious date or anything- it was just a hangout. Plus, he cancelled on me at least twice before that time so whatevs, haha.

~I expect this RP to be fun, most of all. I really hope to become friends with all of you! I'm quite excited about this RP and hope you all are too! I'm just hoping that we all enjoy our time together and can build off of one another's ideas to create something wonderful :)

I, Darkius, accept hereby the roles of Darleyn van Almend and Gaylord Quinton.

newcreate.php

Hello I am DarkiusHeavenstein, but feel free to call me anything. Most used names are Dark(y), Darkius and Heaven. I usually use Darkius :P Also fun fact. The name DarkiusHeavenstein comes from a looooooooong time ago when I first started rp'ing (on Neopets) and my screen name was Dark_Heaven. And we had a quite relaxed group of rp-friends, so one day we decided to 'evil up' our screen names, and a very good (also rl friend at that time) came with the name Doctor Darkius von Heavenstein. Sounds evil, right? Too bad that is too long for most sites, so I settled for DarkiusHeavenstein. Also if you ever find this name on any other site (Devianart, hangouts, I don't know where else) I am almost 99.9% certain it is me :P So yeah that was the story behind my name, just wanted to share..

The characters I will be playing are the lovely, rich bitch, snobbish Darleyn van Almend and the cute, 'naive', dark Gaylord Quinton (He really looks pissed at me for using that first name once again)

Hmm cooking for my special someone. This is a kinda painful for me, since my bf just broke up with me. I really really really still love him a lot, but for him the love had died, so yeah... he broke up with me. Anyway if I had a chance to win over his heart, I would do so with a simple pasta. Nothing fancy, he loved the Italian kitchen, so just spaghetti bolognese or something like that. If I would have to cook for a new special someone, I would go with nothing to fancy, since seriously I can't cook for shit. So I think I would go for a selfmade pizza, not for the food itself, but for the fun bounding time it will give. Together fooling around in the kitchen with the dough and shit, yes I think that would be quite fun and romantic.

So petnames. Well, I don't really have petnames, besides the obvious honey, sweety, sweetheart and such. My best friend does call me 'D' (since my real name starts with the D), so I guess that counts as a petname? Otherwise I wouldn't know...

Dates, yeah, another painful subject. I think I will go with my worst date, since my best dates are... nice memories that make the break up painful... So worst date ever. I had won concert tickets for a band that I didn't particularly liked, but I knew my (at that time) bf was a fan of. So we went to the concert. It was a heavy metal band and as we all know (or maybe not) it can be quite rough in the front. So we compromised that we would stay in the back, where we could see and enjoy the music without constantly being bumped aside or having to watch our backs for pits. Everything was going fine until my bf spotted a friend of his, whom was standing at the front. He then gave me his phone, wallet and keys and off he went. I haven't seen him for the rest of the night, and I waited like half an hour AFTER the concert so we could go home (he didn't have his license back then) and I think after 45 minutes I finally got a call from an unknown number. My bf had decided to go to the afterparty with his friend (and some other people) and asked if that was a problem. I said yes, and then he promptly broke up with me, because I never cared for his feelings blablablabla. When I reminded him of the fact that I still had his stuff, he suddenly took back his words and actually came back to the concert building (where I was still waiting). Of course I knew it was just for his stuff so he took it and told me we were still done... I had to drive home alone, in tears...

I expect this roleplay to be a lot of fun, seen the diversity in characters. I hope that it will not die like the last time, and I certainly hope it will not turn into to little one on ones, like in the last run of this. I actually think that might have been a reason things started to die, in combination with reallife stuff.

I, Shygirl3, accept the role as Clara M. Davenport.

newcreate.php

Hi everyone! I'm shygirl3. I'm super pumped that this RP is getting revived and hopefully it won't die out as quickly as it did last time. You guys can call me whatever you'd like, there's not really much you could do with my username. Many just take the 3 off and call me shygirl, but whatever floats your boat is fine with me. I will be playing the role of the reserved and closed off sweetheart, Clara Mae Davenport.

If I had to cook a meal for my significant other I would probably do whatever his favorite meal is. But since that's a really vague answer I'll just give you my favorite meals to cook. For the first course I would do a chicken Caesar salad, because yum. Then for the main course I would do a filet mignon in a mushroom mederia wine sauce served with oven roasted potatoes and some steamed broccoli. Then lastly, for dessert, I would either do chocolate covered strawberries or like little tarimasu. That was really hard for me to choose because I really love food and I couldn't decide on what to make.

For a pet name, I never really had one. My older brother called me tiny or small one, since I'm younger. But it's not really all that fitting now since we're the same height. Other than that no pet names.

I can't answer this because unfortunately I've never been on a date. Hopefully my 20 year dry spell doesn't last much longer, but i guess it's my fault since (as my username suggests) I'm shy. Alright enough about my pathetic "love" life.

I have high hopes for this rp. I want it to last longer than last time. It has such a good premise that I hate for it to die out. I want everyone to interact with everyone, like Darkius said, the last time everyone sort of split into a one on one and never interacted with anyone else. I'm just super excited for this and I hope that there could also be some fun OOC chats and for all of us to be great friends!

I don't believe I missed anything. I can't wait for this to start!

((Just some notice: My weekends are usually super busy due to my job, but I'm usually on all day if I'm not working!))

I, Aato, accept the role of Nanook T. Ochoa.

______

^* AATO *^

Hello there all! I'm Aato, known to some as Aatoey, Chow, or possibly a host of other things. I'm open to nicknames as I make more friends. I'll be playing the role of mister comical and loyal Nanook Ochoa.

If I cooked a special meal for a significant other, it would be one of my specialties: breakfast or dinner. I'm great at making breakfast - just about anything, even stuff I don't really eat myself and improv - but if you forced me to pick one thing to 'wow' with, it'd be a variation of phat kaphrao - a Thai stir-fry dish. Buuut, for now, I'm sticking with breakfast as my current S.O. is a vegetarian. ...Cinnamon vanilla pancakes, anyone?

Hmmm... Have I ever had a cute petname? Well, in terms of from S.O.'s, not really. I mean, the 1st one wanted to come up with silly names for each other, but that kinda went down the drain... [Long not-so-sweet story.] I had an acquaintance in high school who called me 'Happy Meal' because I'm really short, and another who called me 'Shrimp'... I didn't mind those - they were nice coming from who they came from as their own example of amicable affection. Now, I have a friend who calls me 'Turtle' as a tease. I think it's kinda cute.

I'm honestly not sure I've ever been on a 'best date' or 'worst date'. All of my 'dates' have been informal and rarely even referred to as dates. Hahah. Whenever I get together with the S.O., we just call it hanging out. But, I will say that I do enjoy just hanging out at my S.O.'s house. We have a lot of fun just being around each other and not necessarily out and about (going out is fun, but it's much more taxing when you're taking pub. trans. and walking everywhere in Southern summer heat).

I'm not exactly sure what to expect from this RP, but as with any RP, I'm hoping it's fun and lasts long. I'm looking forward to playing with everyone and just sort of planning throughout the plot and making acquaintances.​

I, SimplyMusicality, accept the role of Riley Storm.

Hello All! I am SimplyMusicality, AKA Simply! I will be playing the role of Riley Storm (Also known as that first notification you just got!) I also apologize for how un-pretty this is... I'm code challenged.

Um... Cooking for an S/O... I dunno! I mean, I like chicken alfredo... But it would depend on what they like! I consider myself a pretty accomplished chef. I can follow recipes and am pretty good at coming up with original takes as well!

I've never had a cute pet name by an S/O. Actually I've been in 1 "relationship". It lasted less than a month and was in middle school, thus ridiculous anyway. I mean, my mother used to call me Butternut Droopy-Drawers? Does that count? Also in middle school my best friend dubbed me "Mushu" which I carried (embarrassingly) through high school. Though I also get called "Gimpy" fairly often due to random parts of my body deciding not to work. And my Big would call me "Ally Bally Bee" while taking her Elementary Music Ed courses. :P Take your pick, I suppose!

Best or Worst date? I've never been on a date ^^" Despite being 19 years old... Meh. College is busy. I have a life to get started. Anyway, I suppose my best and worst date story is kind of like Schrodinger's cat. It's simultaneously the best date and the worst date until I actually go on it.

As far as what I expect from this RP, I expect a fun RP with some awesome people! :)

Hey guys!

Okay so now that everyone is introduced there one last thing I'd like to ask.

In the previous RP, it was decided that the characters didn't know each other and there were no previous relationships.

However, I'm going to ask again for this RP since there's new people.

Would you guys like the characters to know each other previously or start off as strangers?

If they start of as friends

[*]They can skip the awkward let's get to know eachother phase

[*]There can be some potential drama happening

[*]1x1s can be avoided a bit more

If they start of as strangers

[*]More mystery as to who the person is

[*]Can play off the "won't ever see them again" card

[*]No past ships to prevent relationships from happening.

I'll have a poll running in a few so you can vote!

Also,

I'm going to be leaving tomorrow out of state and wont be back until Monday.

I'm taking my laptop with me, but I don't know if I'll be able to connect to Wifi.

I'll try to keep in the loop with my phone though!

I'm going to recycle the first post I used in the previous RP since it's mostly scene stuff, so don't worry about the RP not starting due to my absence.

Worst case scenario I'll ask Darkius or Shy to fetch the post and put it up for me.

This RP will start before this weekend though! That's for sures!

Okay I think I'm done for now!

Have a great night!

P.S. Be on the look out for the Poll It'll be open for 24hrs.

Alright!

Seeing as Acquaintances won, would you all like to discuss how they became acquaintances?

Nothing too drastic probably around the lines of,

"Had classes together, asked to borrow a pencil"

"Bumped into in the hall."

"Hooked up once and never saw them again."

"My friend's boy/girl friend."

etc.

Luminescent said:
Do we choose a relationship for every character? Or does everyone have the same relationship with one another?
I think it be a bit more intimate if there was a relationship per character.

It should take too long since they're acquaintances only, not really friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how do we decide this? I'll just make a list and if you arent okay with your relationship with me, let me know so I can change it. :D

(The relationships I chose are purely random. Don't read too much into them. Just let me know if you wanna change yours :D )

Darelyn- Bumped into in the supermarket a few times

Clara- Friend of a friend

Itzel- Brother had a crush on Itzel in grade school

Riley- Borrowed pencil in class once

Karsten- Had a class together

Nanook- Saw at local festival

Quinton- Bumped into a few times on the street

Ryan- Brother's friend from a few years back

Daniel- Had a class together

Darleyn

Itzel - At the salon where she was getting her hair/makeup done for the wedding

Clara - Bumped into her while shopping

Caroline - The supermarket

Riley- Walked into her at school a few times

Karsten - Hook ups at benefit parties

Quinton - He had done some law cases for her family

Daniel - Business from her dad, ran into him in the elevator

Ryan - He picked up her keys when she had dropped them on the streets

Nanook - Ran into him while trying to catch a cab

Quinton

Itzel - Seen her on the bus sometimes

Clara - Shared a class with her in Law school

Darleyn - During his internship he had down some cases for the van Almends

Caroline - Random bumbs in the streets

Riley- Asked him for a lighter directions

Karsten - Some legal stuff that had to be arranged

Daniel - Waited together for the same train

Ryan - Asked him for a book in the library

Nanook - Seen him at the bar

{If you want to change anything, just say so, this is my take on things. Just a quick listing of possible encounters}

Daniel

Itzel- Restaurant mixed up their orders, had to switch

Clara- Had a class with her ex, would sometimes see her

Caroline- Had a class together

Riley- Not-so-graceful collision on the sidewalk

Darelyn- Fathers had business, met in the elevator

Karsten- Shared a conversation in a bar

Quinton- Waited for the train together

Ryan- Met his sister on business

Nanook- Visited his work place

Ryan

Itzel- Ate lunch at the table diagonal from hers

Clara- Waited in the same line at a store

Caroline- Casual friend of her brother

Riley- Got takeout from his parents' restaurant when he was there

Darelyn- Picked up her keys once

Karsten- Opened the door for him when his hands were full

Quinton- Suggested a book for him in the library

Daniel- Sister had business with the McBreyers

Nanook- Had a short chat at a wedding

(@Everyone- any ideas or changes, let me know! Just random ideas, open for suggestions.)

Nanook

Itzel - Sat beside her on the plane while traveling

Clara - Let her have his seat during a busy train ride

Caroline - Saw her at a local festival

Riley - Talked to her during a speed dating session

Darelyn - Helped her find something at the store

Karsten - Saw him leaving the doctor's office as he was going in

Quinton - Saw him at a concert

Ryan - Had a short chat at a wedding

Daniel - Saw him come through his work place

(*Did this with a random selector, so if anyone wants something changed, let me know.*)

I'm back!

I'll post the ships up in a bit!

Luminescent said:
Itzel- Brother had a crush on Itzel in grade school
If by grade school you mean 9th-12th then sounds good!

(She didn't come to American until high school)

Luminescent said:
Karsten- Had a class together
Sounds good!

Karsten probably hit on her once or twice. Not sure how she'd take it =)

DarkiusHeavenstein said:
Itzel - At the salon where she was getting her hair/makeup done for the wedding
DarkiusHeavenstein said:
Karsten - Hook ups at benefit parties
Both sound good!

DarkiusHeavenstein said:
Itzel - Seen her on the bus sometimes
DarkiusHeavenstein said:
Karsten - Some legal stuff that had to be arranged
Both sound good!

MidnightAnew said:
Itzel- Restaurant mixed up their orders, had to switch
MidnightAnew said:
Karsten- Shared a conversation in a bar
Sound great!

MidnightAnew said:
Itzel- Ate lunch at the table diagonal from hers
MidnightAnew said:
Karsten- Opened the door for him when his hands were full
Karsten opened the door for Ryan or the other way around?

Either way sounds good!

Aato said:
Itzel - Sat beside her on the plane while traveling
Aato said:
Karsten - Saw him leaving the doctor's office as he was going in
Sounds good!

@shygirl3

Itzel and Clara: Asked for her advice while shopping

Karsten and Clara: Saw her sitting down for coffee and went up to flirt.

@SimplyMusicality

Itzel and Riley: Complimented her hair.

Karsten and Riley: Knowing she's from a wealthy family, Karsten is drawn to her selfishness and ambition. He's flirted with her more than once.

NessieAlways said:
Karsten opened the door for Ryan or the other way around?

Either way sounds good!
Yeah sorry, couldn't figure out how to phrase that... I figured Ryan's more the type who'd hold the door unless Karsten was trying to impress a girl by holding the door for another guy xD But either way is fine with me too

MidnightAnew said:
Yeah sorry, couldn't figure out how to phrase that... I figured Ryan's more the type who'd hold the door unless Karsten was trying to impress a girl by holding the door for another guy xD But either way is fine with me too
Yeah Karsten wouldn't hold the door for a guy even if it was to impress a girl. Karsten would thank him though. He has manners xD

So Ryan holding the door sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back