• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Maeve smiled lightly to the woman, knowing she just wanted everyone to be okay and happy, that she probably wished she could have her happy family, including Loki back home with her. She did respect the woman, unlike Odin. She knew she genuinely cared about Loki as if he truly were her blood son, just the same as Thor, and she admired the woman for that. She loved him unconditionally regardless of his birth and race, Maeve only wished Loki had more people like Frigga in his life growing up. Perhaps then things would have been much different.

Hearing her say she would do what she could for her, she smiled a bit with a nod "Thank you..." she spoke, before adding "Then if possible, some proper medical care for my leg would be appreciated" she asked softly, since after all she'd just been thrown in there after being captured and speaking to Odin. And while the injury wasn't life threatening or anything by any means, she's prefer to properly tend to it and bandage it up.

~

Peter didn't miss the change of her tone as she responded to him that she was fine and didn't need his protection or blowing this topic up more than necessary or anything. He sighed a bit heavily, and hesitated to continue...he knew bringing it all up, particularly the drinking aspect, might upset her...but he only did it because he cared about her and didn't want her putting herself in danger unknowingly because she was drunk.

"I'm not blowing anything out of proportion, I'm being realistic" he continued softly. He figured they'd already begun talking about it, might as well say it all now "I know you're strong, and you don't always need my protection. But I'm trying to say that I just care about you too much for you to put yourself in a tight situation. I didn't say anything before, because I don't want to be that guy telling you what to do. And I'm still not going to be that guy. But like what you just said with Flash and the last party...that's not something that says everything is fine, or that...or that your drinking as much as you do is fine either..." he commented softly.

Hailey drove as she listened to him talk. She didn't agree with what he said and she wasn't about to let it go either. She had grown up with her mother who tended to drink to excess. Some people thought she should understand better what drinking does to you, but she didn't. Hailey used alcohol to drink the pain of her mother's drinking away. It made it so she didn't have to feel anything even if it was just for a little while.

"I don't drink that much, Peter," she snapped, "I only drink when I go to parties or little things with my friends. It's not like I'm sitting around my house drunk all the time. God I don't even know why I told you or why I thought someone like you of all people would understand. Just forget about all of this." Peter had never had a drink in his life and he was trying to preach to her about how she shouldn't drink as much. How would he know anything about all of this?
~
Frigga nodded her head slightly. "I will get that for you," she answered as she looked her leg over. It was a pretty nasty wound and she knew if that went untreated that it would only get worse with time. "They should be down in a few minutes. Try to get some rest Maeve. You will need your strength for tomorrow," the Queen said as she looked at her before turning and heading out.

Throughout the night she had a healer come and wrap her leg properly and apply a few ointments to try and protect it from anymore trauma or infection. Early in the morning two guards walked downstairs and dismissed the one at her gate. "It is time for your sentencing," one of them said as he hit the button on her cell before pulling her out.

Maeve nodded a bit in slight appreciation as Frigga said she would get someone to properly take care of her injury. She didn't even need a person really, so long as she had the supplies. But regardless, she was glad to be able to get her leg taken care of. Before long, Frigga had left and the healer who came shortly after was quick as well. She sighed softly as she leaned back against the wall and ran a hand through her hair, closing her eyes.

She didn't get much sleep that night. Her mind wouldn't still, and she was constantly thinking about one thing or another. Either she was thinking about Loki, the stones, Thanos, her sentencing tomorrow, or herself in general. Before she knew it, the morning had come all too quickly, and she was soon being pulled out of the cell. Maeve did her best to walk smoothly and refrain from the slight limp. The guards could care less about her well-being. She finally was stopped as she was in the room, and she found it a bit ironic that the last time she was in this room was with her in the opposite position, and because of Loki.

~

Peter could tell she was growing more upset the further this conversation continued, and he started to feel more guilty for really bringing it up and causing her to get this upset. He flinched a bit when she snapped at him, and he glanced out the window with a frown as she snapped about how she didn't drink that much, and she only drank at parties and such. He bit the inside of his cheek, since he wasn't sure what to say. He didn't want to argue and fight with her. But he was genuinely concerned about her health.

"I'm sorry" he muttered softly under his breath. The smart and logical side of his brain was telling him to argue further and throw the statistics out at her, about how dangerous it was to drink as much as she did, and how it wasn't healthy mentally or physically. But while he didn't have much experience with girls or many people in general, part of him knew he shouldn't really continue this conversation either if he didn't want her really mad at him.

Hailey looked at him when he apologized. She had to admit that she was highly annoyed that he thought he could just walk into her life tell her how she should be conducting herself even if was right. Deep down she knew Peter was right but she didn't want to think that way. Peter just...didn't understand what she was going through. What it felt like to have no one care about her. He had an aunt who give him her own life if she had to. Hailey knew neither of her parents would ever do that for her.

"You just don't understand, Peter," she said simply as she drove. She hadn't really thought much about where she was going. She had sort of lost track of where she even was when she started to argue with Peter. "I mean you've never had a drink in your life," she reminded him, "And I mean you don't have a reason to drink. Your aunt is basically perfect, you're smart, you have nice friends, you're Spider-Man, and there's never a question in your mind about whether someone cares about you or not."
~
The guard brought her into the room rather roughly and paused before Odin, remaining behind the girl to ensure that he had a shot at her if she tried to make a move to run though that was quite unlikely with the state of her leg. Odin took a few moments but finally arrived with Frigga at his side. He was a little surprised to see her leg wrapped up like that, but they again he knew Frigga would at least try to go behind his back and not it was clear that she had been successful.

Odin started to speak about the young woman's crimes regarding her affiliation with Loki prior to and during his escape, how she had helped him steal the tesseract, and so forth. Thor did his best not to look at Maeve; he was still to upset. It took only a few minutes for the jury to say that she was undeniably guilty and sentencing her to life in prison for what she had done. "Take her away then," Odin said to the guard but before he could turn to walk away the guard behind her threw a knife straight into Odin's chest.

Maeve stumbled a bit as she was roughly lead around by the guard, and glared at the man over her shoulder as he roughly shoved her into the room, and yanked away from the hold of him as she was brought to a stop in the center of the room. As Odin and Frigga entered the room, she wasn't surprised as Odin pretty much directed the way the sentencing went. She didn't let it phase her though, and just remained silent as Odin ordered her to be taken away to where she'd serve her life sentence.

Before she could even take a step though, figuring the guard was about to roughly drag her around again back to the cells, something flew past her vision and her eyes widened as an instant later there was a knife in Odin's chest. She was confused, and shocked - despite Frigga saying she'd try and help her if she could, she knew that this could not be what Frigga meant, or her plan. Panic started to rise in the room and Maeve's eyes darted to the guard behind her who had thrown the knife.

~

Peter listened as Hailey started to continue to go on about how he didn't understand, and started talking about his life as if she knew and understood it. It bothered him a bit the way she acted like his own life was perfect, and that he hadn't experienced anything bad in his life before. Because that certainly wasn't true. Even if he was a grade A student, well-behaved and polite...that didn't mean he couldn't understand hardships.

He understood that she was similarly feeling misjudged and viewed in a light that he couldn't understand, so he wasn't trying to argue with her. "Maybe you're right" he said as he glanced out the window "I'm smart, my friends are great, and so is my aunt. Everyone close to me does care about me...but that doesn't mean I'm perfect Hailey. And that doesn't mean I haven't any reasons...." he trailed off as he glanced over to her "I'm sorry if it felt like I was trying to judge you before I really know you. I didn't mean for that. It's just that what I do know is that if you continue to drink the way you do...I just worry about you. And I'm not saying you're irresponsible for the way you drink. You can do what you want. But I just...I worry about you. And drinking may temporarily help whatever problems you're dealing with...but in the end, it doesn't really make you happy, does it?"

"You might as well be," she whispered quietly with a shake of her head. She brushed a lock of her hair back as she drove and listened to Peter. He was right, and she knew it to. She let out a sigh as she shook her head. "No but...it just means I don't have to worry about it for a little while. I mean...I can't fix any of my problems, Peter. I go out and party because it means I don't have to be at home watching my mom get drunk or bring home a guy that she's known for like 5 minutes," she said with a shake of her head.

"When I go out with my friends, it just feels like I don't have anything else to worry about except having a good time and just being with them. I don't have to think about keeping New York safe or my mom or my dad. I mean my dad cheated on my mom, told her after he had a kid with his stupid girlfriend, and then just ditched the both of us to live in California and live his happy little life. So no it doesn't fix my problems but at least it means I don't have to...deal with them at that time," she explained before looking at Peter, "I mean...my friends are really all I've got."
~
Frigga let out a yelp as she ran to his side and Thor did the same. The guard behind didn't seem to care much as he grabbed Maeve's arm and started to pull her towards the exit. "Let's go," Loki's voice emanated from under the helmet as he moved. It wasn't long before a few guards blocked their way but Loki was quick. He hit one of them into the wall with the spear he was carrying before moving swiftly and stabbing another who was running at them.

"You really had to go and get yourself into trouble," he hissed at Maeve before striking another guard back. He grabbed Maeve's had before running out the path using the path he had made for them. They made it a few feet from the palace before Thor landed in front of them. Loki put his arm out to protect Maeve and gave her a gentle shove behind him as Thor glared down at the pair. "Brother, what a pleasant surprise," Loki said before morphing back into himself, "You know all of this really is your fault."

Maeve was confused and didn't really understand what just happened as she quickly looked back at the guard behind her before hearing that familiar voice. Her eyes widened a bit, before she was quickly being pulled alongside him and she tried to keep up with him. But well, with an injured leg and her hands still securely chained up, it was a bit difficult to do so. She rolled her eyes, though couldn't help but smile at his comment of her having to get into trouble.

"Well it took you damn long enough to get me" she remarked back as she followed him as they dodged guards and he blocked or knocked them back. She'd help if she could, but again, in her current state she couldn't really. She stopped short as Thor suddenly appeared before them, and Loki was protectively pushing her behind him, which, honestly surprised her a bit.

~

Peter sighed a bit as it seemed as though Hailey wasn't really willing to budge or give much thought to the fact that where all of what he was saying was coming from was nothing but concern for her and her well being. And honestly, even though she argued how it temporarily helped her escape and forget about all her problems, he didn't think that it was mentally healthy for her. And he didn't like upsetting her, but he struggled to just listen to her and sit back letting her continuously poison herself.

"I just worry you've become too reliant on the alcohol Hailey. That isn't healthy. There are other things you can do besides drink to forget your problems. I'm not even saying you should stop partying or anything. If that's what helps you, and you enjoy it, I have no problem with. What I have a problem with is how much you drink. You can still drink, and get drunk, without it being excessive, you know?" he sighed softly.

Hailey did listen to him but she didn't say much. He was right once again. The amount that she drank really did petrify her. She parked the car in the field that her and Peter had had their first date on a few days ago as she bit her lower lip. She wanted to stop her drinking habits all together because she had seen what they can do to people.

"I'm turning into my mother," she said quietly as she blinked back tears. That was her worst nightmare. She didn't want her life to revolve around just working and drinking. She wanted to be normal. Have a family, a good job doing what she wanted to do, and take care of her family but she couldn't do that if she was drunk all the time. "I'm going to turn into her and do the exact same thing to my babies," she said as the tears started to roll down her cheeks.
~
"How dare you assault our father like that," Thor growled. Loki watched as Thor twirled Mjolnier in his hand. "Well brother he is kind of a good for nothing man," Loki said with a slight shrug, "I think i actually did Asgard a favor." Thor glared at his little brother as he spoke. It was clear Loki wasn't diffusing the situation. "You and I are finished Loki," he said, "You're now my enemy and I must destroy you."

"In front of our mother?" Loki asked as he readied his spear, "Be my guest." Loki wasn't the strongest guy around but his fighting style usually revolved around tricks. Thor made the first move at him but Loki blocked it before hitting thor in the stomach with the butt of the spear.

Maeve looked to Thor who clearly was furious and not about to easily let them out of there. Granted, Loki did just stab their father in the chest, so, it was understandable, along with the fact both of them were criminals so...it was only logical. But Maeve knew they couldn't waste much time here, if Loki spent too much time fighting Thor, a bunch of other guards and soldiers would be able to surround them, and then it would be nearly impossible to escape.

She looked around as the two of them fought, noticing that the other guards who'd been nearby were now closing in on them "Loki..." she said a bit warningly about time. She shifted a bit as she struggled with the chains around her hands and wrists, though still was unable to slip out of them or freeze them to break them, since it seemed they had gotten smarter with using a specific type of cuffs that kept her from being able to really use her abilities well.

~

Peter was glad that Hailey seemed to not be entirely snapping or arguing with him anymore. However, he wasn't sure yet whether that was a good thing or bad. He was glad that it meant she might actually be sincerely listening to his words and all, but at the same time, her silence worried him. Had he said too much? Maybe he'd gone to far and overstepped some invisible line of sorts.

When she started talking again though, he could tell that while she seemed calmer and more rational, she was upset. Which wasn't something he wanted either. He frowned as he looked to her "That's not true, Hailey" he comforted softly. He didn't really know her home life with her parents well, but he'd gotten the understanding her mother was an alcoholic. As the car stopped, he reached over and took her hand "That's not true at all Hailey. You don't have to be like her at all."

Hailey wiped her tears from her cheek as Peter took her hand. She didn't cry in front of too many people. She didn't want anyone to see her as weak, especially not boyfriend like Peter. "She doesn't care Peter," she said as she tried to brush her tears away, "I told her what she's doing to me and she just doesn't care. She just said that if I didn't like the way things were I should go live with my dad." She just shook her head as she spoke. She really couldn't believe she was telling him this.

"I mean....I don't want to move all the way across the country. I don't have any friends there, and my dad has a new baby and everything I mean he doesn't want me around with all of that. Besides I still haven't forgiven him for leaving and I don't even think I'm ready to see him again let alone live with him," she explained as she held his hand tight against her's, "I just don't know what to do anymore. I drink because I just can't take the stress. I mean...no one wants me."
~
Loki managed to get Thor off balance before hitting his feet out from under him. Thor hit the ground and he growled. Loki used the little time to turn his attention towards the guards who were closing in. He managed to throw a few knives at them, all of them hitting in a deadly area and the soldiers collapsed. "I'm still trying to debate if you're worth this," Loki hissed at Maeve before he was struck by Thor's hammer.

He flew back and hit a wall. Thor recalled the hammer back to him as Loki glared at him. "You're going to pay for that," Loki said as he got to his feet. It was clear that the hammer had gotten him pretty good but he couldn't back down now. He knew if he did the Asgardian would kill him and maybe even Maeve too. Loki threw his spear at Thor. It was a bit high but Thor caught it. "Fighting was never your strong suit Loki," he said looking at the spear. Loki couldn't really deny that but as Thor looked away he made clones of both him and Maeve before scooping her up and starting to run back to their transport.

As Loki quickly took care of the incoming guards at the moment, and hissed about still deciding if she was worth it, she rolled her eyes. "Please, if you were still deciding you wouldn't be here. And it's a little late to change you're mind now anyways, don't you think?" she snapped back at him before he was suddenly out of her sight and she gasped as he slammed into the wall from the impact of Thor's hammer.

Maeve bit her lip and turned to glare at Thor, worried as it seemed he was getting the advantage and might overpower Loki and win. There really wasn't a whole lot she could do, chained up and everything still, but as she was mentally cursing her bound hands in her head, she realized she might be able to use them to her advantage. She glanced back over at Loki, who cleared was weakened by that hit he took, and while Thor was distracted by Loki and talking about his lack of strength, Maeve had approached Thor from behind with a run, raising her bound hands up, and swinging the metal and chains hard into his head. It wasn't enough to do serious damage, but it split the skin enough for a bit of bleeding, and distracted him long enough for Loki to quickly make a bunch of clones. When he suddenly picked her up she gasped out in surprise, but didn't complain since she knew this was probably faster than her trying to run at the moment.

~

Peter held Hailey's hand as he listened to her explain how she'd tried talking to her mom before about this, and tried reasoning with her, but that her mother just honestly didn't care. He frowned as it hurt him a bit not only to see Hailey crying and so upset, but also to hear how disregarding her mother was towards her. Her family was so broken; her mother didn't seem to care about her at all, and neither did her father who had left the family for a new one. He had to wonder how that couple was every close enough that they wanted to adopt a child together. He felt terrible with the cards Hailey had been given in the family department.

As she stared to cry more, Peter shifted a bit and got out of the car. He couldn't hug her well from the passenger side with the controls and everything between them, and right now, that's all he wanted to do. So getting out, he opened the drivers side door and knelt down in her level where she sat in the car, and pulled her into a warm and tight hug "Shhh, that's not true Hailey. I know it's hard to know what else to do, and you think drinking is the only thing that can help, but there's so many other things you can do. And maybe your parents are crap...but that doesn't mean everyone is like them. People want you, Hailey. I want you...." he cooed her softly, hugging her close as he just let her cry as much as she wanted to while he tried to comfort her.

Hailey felt tears roll even faster down her cheeks. She hadn't even noticed Peter get out of the car and come to her side. She did, however, hear the door open and she directed her attention to him. She wiped her cheeks gently before wrapping her arms tightly around him. She felt safe with him. Safer than she did with anyone else. She hugged him a bit tighter when he mentioned that he wanted her. She had never met anyone that genuinely cared about her more than Peter did.

She kept her head on his shoulder as she started to speak. "I know," she whispered carefully, "It's just...its not the same. I mean...imagine having two sets of parents that don't want anything to do with you." She didn't really know what happened to her birth parents or why they gave her up but it was always in the back of her mind that they didn't want her either. "But then I met you...and I didn't feel like I needed anyone else," she whispered, "I felt like...you saw something in me other than just...popularity."
~
"I honestly didn't think this all the way through," he hissed as he ran with her. Thor growled as he tried to look around and see where they went. It took him a few moments but he finally managed to make the right guess. Loki kept the illusions running to distract a few of the guards. He hurried back to the transport and quickly set Maeve down on one of the chairs.

"Hold on," he said as he started the transport up and it lifted off the ground. Thor managed to throw his hammer at it to try and bring it down but he dodged its path and started moving before they could get hit by the recall. He sped through the air, trying avoid any and all flying objects that flew into his path. Finally he flew threw a portal that he knew of and they crash landed somewhere just outside of New York City.

Maeve looked over Loki's shoulder as he carried and ran with her, looking out for them to see if any weapons or people were incoming quickly on them. It didn't take Thor too long to pick who to go after, and seeing him running after them, knew he was aware they were the real ones. Thankfully they had gotten to the transport before Thor could get to them, and she didn't have to be told twice and held on tightly as he took off flying the transport.

As they narrowly avoided Thor's hammer that flew in their direction, she sighed in relief. With the immediate threat of Thor seemingly gone for the moment, she turned to face forward again to see where Loki was headed. They had a rough and bumpy ride through the portal and she couldn't help but cry out a bit in surprise and pain as they crash landed, flying out of her seat and being thrown into a wall since she couldn't hold on very well chained up. She groaned a bit as she rolled over onto her back, wincing "Nice landing" she grumbled sarcastically.

~

Peter kept his arms around Hailey and held her close to him as he comforted her. He gently rubbed her back with one hand as he tried to calm her down and help her slow her crying, while the other hand gently cupped the back of her head as she had buried it into his shoulder while he embraced her closely. He didn't say much after that, letting her take her time to respond however she wanted to.

When she started to speak again, Peter listened quietly as she started to explain how she felt. He just nodded his head lightly when she said he wouldn't understand what it would be like having parents that didn't care about him. "You're right, I don't know what that's like, and its hard to imagine what you feel because of it. My parents died when I was young, and my Aunt and Uncle who raised me have always done everything they could for me...so you're right to say I don't really know what it's like. But that doesn't mean I don't care."

Hailey wiped her tears from her cheek with the back of her hand. She didn’t want to put all of this on Peter. It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t fair for him to carry this weight on his shoulders. But he did try to understand her. No one had even done that for her before. They had all just blown her off, but not Peter.

“You’re quite extraordinary, Peter,” she said gently, “I think you’re completely and utterly insane sometimes but...no one has ever cared for me the way you have.” She leaned in and kissed his lips gently before pulling back to look at him. “I’ll tell you what....I’ll let you protect me if you let me protect you.” She was about to continue when she heard something slam into the Earth’s crust. She let out a yelp as the thing screeched to a hault.
~
“You know I can take you back there. I’m sure they’d love to deal with you now,” he started before realizing where they were. Earth. Great. Thor basically owned this place. He had friends here and the people practically worshipped him. They were essentially in enemy territory.

He paused when he heard a high pitched scream. “Please tell me that came from you,” Loki said before looking through the window and seeing a vehicle not to far from them. “Oh I doubt this is going to be good. The people here aren’t too fond of me,” he said quietly.

Rolling over from where she collided into the wall, she grunted a bit as she commented on his landing before hearing Loki's typical snarky response. "Not like it'd make a difference. Odin already wants me dead anyways. So I mean....what...he'd just want me more dead?" she rolled her eyes as she started to push herself up on her knees now, before hearing a slight scream that interrupted their typical bickering remarks towards one another.

Lifting her head, she peered out the window beside Loki seeing the vehicle and couple that they seemed to have landed practically in front of "Huh....well, at least you landed somewhere pretty isolated" she commented, looking into the distance and seeing a familiar skyline "Oh hey, this is New York" she commented and couldn't help but laugh at the irony "Of all places for you to land, it's where people would most remember you" she snickered teasingly before sitting back again "Hey, since you've been such a doll being so useful rescuing me and all. You want to do something about these cuffs too?" she held how bound hands up "Thor actually used his brain for once and had them made of anti-freeze metal of some sort. So I can't break them."

~

As Peter held Hailey in his arms and comforted her the best that he knew how to, he could hear her sobs started to calm down and slow a bit, which relieved him. He wasn't familiar with girls, or how to comfort them or cheer them up...so he was worried he would have ended up making a bigger mess of things. He was glad to see that didn't turn out to be the case though, and he pulled his head back a bit to look at her and offered her his typical dorky grin "Well, I mean, I do have all these spider-like powers and stuff which are pretty cool, so I think that qualifies me for being extraordinary" he grinned at her, before they were both suddenly interrupted by a loud crash that shook the ground beneath them a bit out of nowhere.

Hearing her cry out a bit, he quickly turned around, eyes widening at the foreign sort of vehicle crashed into the ground not far from them "Whoa, what is that?" he breathed before eyes widened in awe and excitement "You think that's an alien ship?! That's so cool! Well, wait, not if they're bad aliens. I mean it'd still be cool, but not that cool." he rambled on a bit as he looked towards it "Oh! I recognize them! That's the elf alien girl that helped us out with that crazy guy from some other planet trying to take over earth or something, right? And that's....wait. Isn't that the guy with her??" he rambled on aloud, confused and also slightly worried now "...uh....that can't be him, right? He's supposed to be locked up isn't he?" he muttered as he looked back to Hailey.

Hailey calmed down a bit and looked at the ship. He was right. There were two people stumbling out of the ship. One of them was definitely a woman who appeared to look like the elf girl she had met a few weeks before. Her eyes narrowed as the man came into view. “I don’t know but if it is I’m going to have no choice but to rip that man’s head off,” she snapped as she glared in his direction.

He had done a lot of damage and if it weren’t for Tony almost killing himself they wouldn’t have stopped him. Hailey climbed out of the car and start walking towards them to get a better look.
~
Loki rolled his eyes. Great New York. He was really over this place. Of all the cities on this stupid world why couldn’t he have landed somewhere else. “Yes it’s hilarious,” Loki said as he climbed out of the ship. He heard Maeve complain about the restraints that Thor had put on her wrist. “Im literally a frost giant. How am I supposed to help you?” He asked with an annoyed look. Yes he should have left her behind.

Suddenly he heard a few voices in the distance. They looked like kids. He vaguely recognized the girl and the boy. “Maeve I believe those are friends of your’s,” he said as the girl began stalking over towards them.

Hearing his response, she sighed in disappointment "That's true. I guess you can only be so useful" she muttered as she started to climb out of the ship with him, her feet hitting Midgard ground while hearing Loki's comment "Hm? Friends?" she muttered curiously as she glanced over in the direction he was looking "Oh....those kids" she half commented to herself as she recognized them. And they certainly looked more than apprehensive of them, particularly the female.

"Oh yeah, this is great. Earth's enemy shows up again, with the one who helped save them in cuffs. This certainly looks good for you" she joked with a roll of her eyes, since without understanding the circumstances, it looked like Loki had her prisoner or something. As the girl stalked over to them, Maeve stepped in front of Loki a bit "Heyyy, long time no see. Mirage, right? So....hows earth been? Good, yeah?" she attempted. Maybe they'd get lucky and they'd wouldn't even recognize Loki. Yeah, unlikely.

~

As they looked to the two that started to emerge from the ship, Peter hoped that it wasn't the same guy. It couldn't be good if it was, right? It certainly looked like him. And the girl with him was definitely Maeve, though it appeared she was locked up, rather than Loki being the one restrained. Which seemed like it should be the opposite way around. He stood up a bit straighter, glancing to Hailey as she approached them.

He followed along to, before hearing Maeve's words which, not being quite as mature and serious when it came to these moments unlike Mirage, he easily fell for the casual chatter, distracted by it "Huh? Oh, yeah it's been great! No more alien invasions or anything - hey, wait" he frowned and narrowed his eyes as he realized she was just trying to distract them.

Hailey walked over quickly. She was about to hit the god but Maeve stepped in front of her. She was a bit startled by her assertiveness. Hailey backed up ever so slightly. “Ya life is...fine....,” she started. Maybe she was under that mind control thing Hawkeye had been under.

Loki looked disinterested in the whole ordeal. He had just taken down half of the Asgardian army. He could certainly handle these children. “I’m not here to hurt you,” Loki muttered to the girl, “I escaped from Asgard to...”

Hailey didn’t let him finish. Her hand glowed a bright blue before she sent a surge of energy at him, knocking him to the ground. “Well you’re going back!” Hailey snapped as she put her hand on Maeve’s chains and the cuffs melted off of her.

Maeve was relieved to see she may actually be able to keep the kids from attacking Loki or anything. Though of course when Loki decided to open his smart mouth it only earned him with a hit in response, and she sighed a bit "Maybe starting off with being an escapee isn't a good idea, yeah?" she shot at him, hardly concerned with the blast he just received. She could tell it didn't cause serious damage and he'd be just fine.

She turned her attention back to Hailey when she felt the pressure release from around her wrists "Oh, thanks!" she breathed in relief, rubbing her wrists a bit "At least someone is useful around here" she shot back Loki, before hearing Hailey's further threat regarding sending him back to Asgard "Ahhh, that's not such a good idea. We just came from there and I'm not all to interested in dealing with that mess again" she spoke. Though she knew these two likely hadn't a clue how to send them back anyways, so they at least had that in their favor.

Watching the scene unfold for a moment, trying to grasp what exactly was going on, Peter finally spoke up a bit as he stepped beside Hailey "I think he means it, Hailey. I mean look, he's with Maeve after all. So that's got to be good, right?" he questioned before glancing back to the two aliens "But some answers would be kind of nice. What are you doing with him, Maeve? Why are you here?"

Hailey still wasn’t satisified. He was back on Earth after trying to take them over? That didn’t seem right. “We’re here to warm you about a new threat that we believe is coming to your world,” loki muttered. Hailey rose a brow but it was clear that she wasn’t totally believing him.

“What kind of threat? And why should we believe anything you say?” Hailey snapped.

Loki looked at the girl and rolled his eyes. “You’re a little spit fire,” Loki muttered before looking to Maeve, “There’s a titan named Thanos coming to collect the infinity stones that reside here on your planet. If he manages to get all of them he will be impossible to stop.”

When asked questions, Maeve let Loki explain since he did know a bit more about the situation. Anything she knew came from him basically, so he was the better of the two of them to explain what was going on in the universe right now, and particular in regards to this Thanos character. She wasn't really expecting Hailey to believe them right away, especially after what Loki had done, but she was hoping that with her presence it could help get them to trust them. Or at least to trust her, which in turn indirectly meant trusting Loki in a way.

Peter listened to Loki's explanation regarding a titan, and his eyes widened "Whoa, a titan? So like, he's really big then?" he asked, once again, his curiosity getting the better of him as Maeve just furrowed her brows a bit and looked to him "Who exactly are you, anyways?" she huffed, since of course she only knew Spiderman. While she'd seen Hailey without her mask before, she hadn't with Spiderman, so she didn't know he was Peter.

Peter grinned a bit proudly when asked "oh, Well I'm Spiderman!" he proclaimed, causing Maeve to just raise an eyebrow "Well I suppose you do kind of resemble his character" she muttered, referring to his slight air-headed and curious wonder about everything. Shaking her head, she looked back to Hailey "In any case, long story short, Asgard - where Thor and Loki are from" she briefly reminded knowing that other world let alone their names were still a hard to grasp concept for even some of the avengers "no longer trusts either myself or Loki or wishes to believe anything we have to say. Which...I can't technically blame them for in Loki's case" she muttered a bit "But so yeah, fleeing from asgardians, trying to find and protect the stones, and keep Thanos from getting them" she explained the condensed version "If possible finding a way to destroy the stones would be ideal. But no such way is yet known.

Peter paused a moment, still a bit hesitant to trust Loki, but then he turned to Hailey "It's not like what they're saying should seem crazy impossible. We've already dealt with alien invasions and things like that before, and we had previously thought something like that wasn't possible. So why not this too?" he suggested. As crazy as it sounded....crazy unfortunately was apparently a fact of existence now that they had faced before, so it was logical to think they'd have to face it again.

Hailey looked at Peter. He was much more trusting than she was. She crossed her arms and shook her head. She still didn’t like this idea. What if Loki was using this as another scheme to take over their planet? “How do I know that you didn’t just brainwash Maeve like you did with Clint?” Hailey asked as she looked at Peter.

“Do you see my scepter on me?” He asked sarcastically, “That was my only way of controlling the minds of others.

Hailey glared at him and shook her head. She really didn’t trust him. She turned her attention to Maeve. “Can you even destroy infinity stones?” she asked with a raise of her brow.

Maeve could tell Hailey was still distrusting of Loki, which she didn't really blame her. However, even if they were young, Maeve figured if they could get them on their side then that would be that much better for her and Loki. Thor could easily have the Avengers after them, considering what Loki did in the past. And Maeve...well, even though she was a member of the avengers, she doubted Thor would have much trouble getting them to side with him rather than herself.

Hearing Hailey's question, she paused in thought "Well....as far as I know, it's never been done before. But that doesn't mean it's impossible. I don't think anything can be entirely indestructible" she commented, before now with the mention of stones, she realized something. Her and Loki's latest trip to Asgard that landed her in custody and the whole mess they just escaped from was a result of them stealing one of the stones.

"Hey...." she started, turning to face Loki "You did get the tesseract, didn't you? What did you do with it?" she asked curiously. At the mention of the stone, Peter furrowed his brows again "The tesseract? Wasn't that the thing we were fighting over last time with him?" he frowned, not liking the sound of Loki having that stone again, since that was part of what caused them so much trouble when Loki first tried to invade earth "So the tesseract is one of these infinity stones? Do you even know where all of them are?"

Loki looked at Maeve. “Of course I got it,” he said, “It’s in the ship. I had to hide it away when I heard you got yourself into trouble.” Hailey listened as he and Maeve spoke about the one infinity stone that they knew about. “Ok,” Hailey said as she started to think this through, “If you want our help, you’re going to agree to our terms.”

“And what are they?” Loki asked as he looked at the young woman with an annoyed expression.

“I haven’t...exactly...put those together yet,” she admitted a she tried to think, “Um...you’re going to give Peter the Tesseract thing. He’s smart. He can handle it. And...I can’t believe I’m saying this...but you guys can stay with me. My mom’s never home so...you can use our spare rooms.”

Hearing that Hailey had terms of which she hadn't even come up with yet, she sighed softly. They definitely did need all the help they could get, but...these two were just kids. Especially compared to her's and Loki's lifespans, they were practically newborns. She of course had seen what both of them were capable of, and knew they were skilled but...would they end up being more babysitters than anything?

Listening to Hailey list off her first few ideas/terms, she frowned a bit as she looked to Peter with clear uncertainty "...I can understand your hesitance with Loki holding onto the stone. But....I don't think it's wise leaving it in the hands of a human...." she trailed off.

"Hey, technically we are more like super-humans, you know" Peter pointed out proudly with a smile, which only caused Maeve to grow even more uncertain of his capabilities and storing the tesseract. And these two were technically part of the Avengers as well, even if the youngest. Though, that also made them the most likely to side with them out of the other Avengers.

"Honestly, I know I look like just a kid to you, but she is kind of right. I am pretty smart...I'm sure I could figure out how to deal with the stone" he tried to further convince an uncertain looking elf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back