• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel / OC Universe Literate RP [Cont'd.]

Bixir

Cape Connoisseur
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
S Sinulacrum ManyFaces ManyFaces Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Jhade Jhade PlusUltra PlusUltra MoonLegend101 MoonLegend101 Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Nubian_Legend Nubian_Legend StormWolf StormWolf Mion Mion Killerclown Killerclown Scatterbrain Scatterbrain HotshotXXV HotshotXXV H hira

Hello everyone! This is a continuation of this discussion thread, since the OP is no longer moderating this RP and I believed that it would be best to start fresh, for better organizing CS's and interest checks. As a preface, this OP is going to be long, so please bear with me. The gist of this project is a literate RP set in the Marvel Universe, populated by Marvel canons and Marvel-appropriate OCs. The limit is one character per player, which can be either a canon or an OC. Please feel free to take creative liberties with the characters and continuity in your application, so long as you preserve the original spirit of what makes them who and what they are.

As of the previous thread, this is the current outline of the plot that this RP may be working with. This is only an outline, so I urge the players, both new to this project and those from the previous thread, to weigh in and give their opinion on what direction they would like to take this. This includes proposing a different plot, and if said pitches have more traction with the player base, then I would be more than happy to course-correct. Until then, this is what I am proposing: An experimental strike force sent on a similarly experimental mission goes horribly wrong and said group is forced to fight their way out of whatever bad situation that they are plunged into. Arcade, Latveria, the Savage Land, any of the numerous cosmic empires, and the Negative Zone are just a few settings where this could play out. As it currently stands, the setting may be catered towards the many Spider-Man related characters we have in the mix, though for the moment I'm unsure what that will look like.

This is the character roster, which will be updated accordingly as CS's come in. If you no longer wish to play your character, please let me know and I will update this list.

JhadePaladknightPlusUltraGwenpoolManyFaces TombstoneKameron Esters-Scorpion (Flash Thompson)MoonLegend101Doctor OctopusLittleBlindKittenDoctor StrangeRusty of ShacklefordSpider-Man (Peter Parker)Nubian_LegendAmerican Panther (N'Jadaka)SinulacrumOlivineStormwolf The Punisherhira SilkDemonhunter Moon Drake
BixirAwaiting Character SheetMionAwaiting Character SheetKillerclownAwaiting Character SheetScatterbrainAwaiting Character SheetJade EmperorAwaiting Character Sheet
Here is the CS template from the previous thread. For those of you who have already submitted a CS, simply repost it from the old thread and you'll be good to go.
I went ahead and put together a relatively simple character sheet for each of you to fill out as well. Please, if there's anything on here that you are unable to fill out just write 'N/A'. For those who are playing a canon character, all of this information about your character can be found on the Marvel Wikia. There's no rush to fill this out but please have it done in a timely manner. If you have any questions about your character or the information I'm asking for, please let me know and I would be more than happy to help.

Real Name
Current Alias
Affiliation
Base Of Operations

Identity
Citizenship
Marital Status
Occupation
Education

Weight
Eyes
Hair
Unusual Features

Powers and Abilities

Weakness

And that's it! Phew. I know it's a lot of information to digest in a single post, so please don't be afraid to ask me any questions you have about this RP. I look forward to diving into this with you all!

Last edited:
do you still fill out a character sheet, even if the character you're playing is canon? also, is it okay if i add one more spiderverse character into the mix, since we already have a lot.

Yes, you need to submit a CS whether it is a canon or an OC. If you still wanted to make Silk you are more than welcome to submit a CS for them. I personally don't mind all of the Spidey-related characters, it simply means that will likely influence the plot/setting of the RP.

Yes, you need to submit a CS whether it is a canon or an OC. If you still wanted to make Silk you are more than welcome to submit a CS for them. I personally don't mind all of the Spidey-related characters, it simply means that will likely influence the plot/setting of the RP.

ah, thank you so much! ill get the cs done soon.

Real Name →Cindy Moon
Current Alias →Silk
Affiliation → The Spider army, S.H.I.E.L.D, the Protectors
Base Of Operations

Identity →Secret
Citizenship →American citizen
Marital Status →Single
Occupation →Hero, news intern
Education →Highschool

Gender →Female
Height →5'7
Weight → 130 lbs
Eyes →Brown color
Hair →Black
Unusual Features
Unusually fast, agile and strong (though Spiderman is technically stronger)
Powers and Abilities

(copy and pasted from the marvel wiki)
  • Wall-Crawling: Silk's exposure to the mutated spider venom induced a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide alteration of her engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to Silk's body (especially concentrated in her hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger.
  • Superhuman Strength: Silk possesses superhuman strength enabling her to press lift a few tons, though she possesses significantly less strength than Spider-Man.
  • Superhuman Speed: Silk is capable of running and moving at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
  • Superhuman Stamina: Silk's advanced musculature produces fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows her to exert herself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair her.
  • Superhuman Durability: Silk's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. Her body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. She can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with super strength, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort.
  • Superhuman Agility: Silk's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Her agility is more advanced than Spider-Man's.
  • Superhuman Equilibrium: Silk possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. She seems able to adjust her position by instinct, which enables her to balance herself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow.
  • Superhuman Reflexes: Silk's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are possibly about 40 times greater than those of an ordinary human due to her and Spider-Man being bitten by the same spider. In combination with her spider-sense, the speed of her reflexes allows her to dodge almost any attack even gunfire if far enough.
  • Silk-Sense: Silk possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "silk" sense which warns her of potential immediate danger, and links with her superhuman kinesthetics, enabling her to evade most any injuries unless she cognitively overrides her automatic reflexes. Her Spider-Sense is more advanced than Spider-Man and other spider totems; it allows her to react significantly faster in combat, has superior range, and can even sense the identity of an attacker before a fight begins.
  • Biological/Organic Webbing Generation: She has the ability to organically produce her own silk webbing from glands within her forearms, possibly limited by her body's health and nutrition. These organic webs have many of the same properties as Spider-Man's artificial webbing, but can also be woven into clothing. She releases her organic webbing through her fingertips.
  • Claws: Her ability to spin webs with her fingertips also allows her to form claw-like extrusions from them.
  • Superhuman Tracking: Due to her and Peter being bit by the same spider, Silk can find and sense Spider-Man anywhere in the Multiverse.

Weakness
Silk's senses can be wildly inaccurate at times, leading to her ignoring them, even if they are correct.

• "The real world isn't fair, But look. There's a better one, right in there. A shared escapist universe built by hundreds of creators over decades... a singular linked vision. It's real! I can almost touch it! It's been calling to me! I know that!"
    Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Race/Species: Human
    Height: 5' 4"
    Weight: 110 lbs
    Hair Color: Blond with dyed pink tips
    Hair Type: Long/Straight
    Eye Color: Blue
    Skin Color: Caucasian
    Distinguishing Features: Pink dyed tips to hair

Identity: Public Identity
    Nationality: American
    Marital Status: Single
    Occupation: Adventurer; former mercenary, cinema employee, NEET, college student
    Education: High school drop-out, Online GED/College
    Base of Opertions: Brooklyn New York / Mobile HQ of M.O.D.O.K

tombstone.jpg

20181213_232405-jpg.513858

Real Name → Lonnie Thompson Lincoln
Current Alias → Tombstone
Affiliation → Mostly Kingpin and Hammerhead, though as a hitman his services are available to just about anyone who can afford them
Base Of Operations → New York

Identity → Public Identity
Citizenship → American
Marital Status → Single
Occupation → Hitman, Mob Enforcer, and Crimeboss
Education → High School

Gender → Male
Height → 6' 7 ft
Weight → 251 lbs
Eyes → Pink
Hair → White
Unusual Features → Albino with teeth filed into points

Powers and Abilities ↴
Superhuman Strength:Tombstone possesses sufficient strength enabling him to lift about 6 tons.

Superhuman Stamina: Tombstone's muscles produce less fatigue toxins than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to affect him.

Superhuman Durability: Tombstone's body is highly resistant to physical injury. He is capable of withstanding high caliber bullets, great impact force, and temperatures as hot as 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as -80 degrees Fahrenheit without sustaining injury. By his own account his skin is as hard as diamonds.

Also extremely skilled in the use of hand-to-hand combat and firearms.

Weakness ↴
Unlike his skin, parts like his eyes and other more internal organs aren't as invulnerable

Still needs to breathe

Not immune to any kind of mental/psychic attacks

Count me in! How do you feel about demon characters? I have others, but I love playing my demons. If it is open for new players that is.

Last edited:

Real Name →Cindy Moon
Current Alias →Silk
Affiliation → The Spider army, S.H.I.E.L.D, the Protectors
Base Of Operations

Identity →Secret
Citizenship →American citizen
Marital Status →Single
Occupation →Hero, news intern
Education →Highschool

Gender →Female
Height →5'7
Weight → 130 lbs
Eyes →Brown color
Hair →Black
Unusual Features
Unusually fast, agile and strong (though Spiderman is technically stronger)
Powers and Abilities

(copy and pasted from the marvel wiki)
  • Wall-Crawling: Silk's exposure to the mutated spider venom induced a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide alteration of her engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to Silk's body (especially concentrated in her hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger.
  • Superhuman Strength: Silk possesses superhuman strength enabling her to press lift a few tons, though she possesses significantly less strength than Spider-Man.
  • Superhuman Speed: Silk is capable of running and moving at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
  • Superhuman Stamina: Silk's advanced musculature produces fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows her to exert herself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair her.
  • Superhuman Durability: Silk's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. Her body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. She can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with super strength, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort.
  • Superhuman Agility: Silk's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Her agility is more advanced than Spider-Man's.
  • Superhuman Equilibrium: Silk possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. She seems able to adjust her position by instinct, which enables her to balance herself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow.
  • Superhuman Reflexes: Silk's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are possibly about 40 times greater than those of an ordinary human due to her and Spider-Man being bitten by the same spider. In combination with her spider-sense, the speed of her reflexes allows her to dodge almost any attack even gunfire if far enough.
  • Silk-Sense: Silk possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "silk" sense which warns her of potential immediate danger, and links with her superhuman kinesthetics, enabling her to evade most any injuries unless she cognitively overrides her automatic reflexes. Her Spider-Sense is more advanced than Spider-Man and other spider totems; it allows her to react significantly faster in combat, has superior range, and can even sense the identity of an attacker before a fight begins.
  • Biological/Organic Webbing Generation: She has the ability to organically produce her own silk webbing from glands within her forearms, possibly limited by her body's health and nutrition. These organic webs have many of the same properties as Spider-Man's artificial webbing, but can also be woven into clothing. She releases her organic webbing through her fingertips.
  • Claws: Her ability to spin webs with her fingertips also allows her to form claw-like extrusions from them.
  • Superhuman Tracking: Due to her and Peter being bit by the same spider, Silk can find and sense Spider-Man anywhere in the Multiverse.

Weakness
Silk's senses can be wildly inaccurate at times, leading to her ignoring them, even if they are correct.

Looks good! You're all set.

• "The real world isn't fair, But look. There's a better one, right in there. A shared escapist universe built by hundreds of creators over decades... a singular linked vision. It's real! I can almost touch it! It's been calling to me! I know that!"

Occupation: Adventurer; former mercenary, cinema employee, NEET, college student

Thanks for joining us again, Plus! You're good to go.

tombstone.jpg

20181213_232405-jpg.513858

Real Name → Lonnie Thompson Lincoln
Current Alias → Tombstone
Affiliation → Mostly Kingpin and Hammerhead, though as a hitman his services are available to just about anyone who can afford them
Base Of Operations → New York

Citizenship → American
Marital Status → Single
Occupation → Hitman, Mob Enforcer, and Crimeboss
Education → High School

Gender → Male
Height → 6' 7 ft
Weight → 251 lbs
Eyes → Pink
Hair → White
Unusual Features → Albino with teeth filed into points

Powers and Abilities ↴
Superhuman Strength:Tombstone possesses sufficient strength enabling him to lift about 6 tons.

Superhuman Stamina: Tombstone's muscles produce less fatigue toxins than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to affect him.

Superhuman Durability: Tombstone's body is highly resistant to physical injury. He is capable of withstanding high caliber bullets, great impact force, and temperatures as hot as 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as -80 degrees Fahrenheit without sustaining injury. By his own account his skin is as hard as diamonds.

Also extremely skilled in the use of hand-to-hand combat and firearms.

Weakness ↴
Unlike his skin, parts like his eyes and other more internal organs aren't as invulnerable

Still needs to breathe

Not immune to any kind of mental/psychic attacks

Man I love Tombstone. Glad to have you aboard.

I've played both Cap and Agent Coulson, before.

You are welcome to apply for either of them, if you like.

Count me in! How do you feel about demon characters? I have others, but I love playing my demons. If it is open for new players that is.

I'm open to demon characters, depending on what you had in mind for them. I take it this would be an OC?

Looks good! You're all set.

Thanks for joining us again, Plus! You're good to go.

Man I love Tombstone. Glad to have you aboard.

You are welcome to apply for either of them, if you like.

I'm open to demon characters, depending on what you had in mind for them. I take it this would be an OC?
Yes and OC is what I was going for. I'm considering making my dragon character though. He tends to fit into marvel a bit easier rather than having to explain hell for this character. Deimos can just be the result of screwing with dimensions and genetics gone horribly wrong.

He's kind of a dual purpose fighter. Tanky, damage doing dragon monster or a squishy support mage with heals, shields and crowd control.

WIP
Real Name → Deimos Weinberg
Current Alias → Moon Drake
Affiliation → None really?
Base Of Operations → His parent's attic in Brooklyn

Citizenship → American
Marital Status → Single
Occupation → Works at the Brooklyn Library
Education → High School Education, Currently a Literature Major at Brooklyn College

Gender → Male
Height → 6 ft 3
Weight → 312 pounds- dragons have thick bones and his wings are HEAVY
Eyes → Blue and shaped like snakes
Hair → Brunette with light highlights
Unusual Features → Wings with a 25 ft wing span from tip to tip. They are large, heavy and have a secondary wing set that tuck up under the primary pair (are only 10 feet in span and are only used for quick direction change in flight. Often go unnoticed)
From the back view and when folded against his back they are black and plain... but when spread, the underside glows in a brilliant display of bio-luminecence that looks like modeling of stars against a night sky. These patterns seem to shift as he flies and glow much brighter as he casts spells.
Powers and Abilities

How Deimos is Useful in a Fight: Deimos has 2 different fighting styles. He must choose which he wants to use pre-fight or have his team buy him time to change forms. He can remain in his more human form, where he acts more as a supportive artillery mage. He has the ability to heal, and shield allies while blinding, burning and stunning opponents as well as outputting a decent amount of damage himself. OR he can become the greatest example of epigenetics ever and turn on the otherwise vestigial half of his dragon DNA. Meaning he gets to be a real dragon, a 20 ft tall monster that is essentially a fire breathing, moon smiting fighter jet armed with teeth claws and horns. His skin is so thick low caliber bullets cannot penetrate and he is fireproof meaning close quarters fights can get ugly for enemies... and friends who get too close.

Human form:
1544864890812.png
Innate mage: Dragons are born knowing how to use their magic, meaning he never had to figure out how to used dragon magic, he just knew... making fast spell casting possible. Although this is SOLELY to dragon specific magic. The dragon's breath spell (literal blasting fire), smite (concentrated moonlight blasting enemies blinding if their eyes were open and burning any exposed skin, and ethereal chains (a very short stun) can all be cast at will. The problem... he must stop to cast everything except the dragon's breath and they are pretty telegraphed (his wings light up brighter when he's about to cast a spell... basically making himself a huge target).
Spells he can cast:
+Healing- can fix damage done to allies. Can only heal one person at a time and amount of damage reversed is fully relevant to how long he can sit and heal them. This when done in battle makes him a HUGE target as he is immobile, focused on what he'd doing and must fully disengage whoever he's healing to fight back should need be. CANNOT HEAL HIMSELF.
+Shields- Blocks one attack off an ally. Only. One. And can only be cast on the same person twice after 2 minutes.
+Smite- Strong and painful concentrated moonlight shines down from him to the enemy in a laser-like ray. Can be cast during the day but is not nearly as strong as at night. Damage done by the spell depends on the concentration at which it is endured. Just looking at it is enough to cause some temporary blindness. Taking the brunt of it for a few seconds results in some skin burning... enduring thirty seconds is the equivalent of standing in an open flame, burning skin and doing permanent eye damage. This spell is easily his most devastating but he is immobilized while he casts it and he has to aim the ray accurately and move it accordingly. It can also be obstructed by the environment. This spell is also incredibly telegraphed as the undersides of his wings shine bright like stars making him a very visible target.
+Dragon's Breath- All dragons, regardless of type are born with this spell. He literally blasts fire like a flame thrower in front of him. This is his only spell that isn't incredibly telegraphed and can be cast while moving. Although it's not wise to use as a main weapon as fire once it leaves it's caster is uncontrollable in his human form and he could torch those around him or himself. This is more of a zoning tool (closing off escape routes for enemies) or a self-peel tool (getting enemies off him if they get too close.)

Learned Magic: Learned magic is just as it sounds, learned not instinct. These spells are useless in battle, however he can pull many tricks to alter every day life like hiding his wings from human eyes, revealing invisible objects and detecting other sources of magic. However there are other things he can learn how to do such as rituals, excorsisms and tracking spells if given the time to figure it out and the ability to attempt multiple times.

Dragon senses: Deimos isn't much stronger than a human but he does have a better sense of smell and hearing and he has night vision.

Flight

Dragon Form:
1544863496716.png
As a fully unleashed Lunar Drake Deimos becomes one of the most terrifying creatures of this dimension. He is able to take some damage without getting badly hurt and can dish out damage to multiple enemies. His fighting style becomes more of a hybrid between a brawling monster, leaping on larger enemies and using his strength to take them down and a stealth bomber that flies silently and bombards with rays of lunar energy out of no where before disappearing into the night.

He is armed to the teeth with biological weapons, one of which is is actual teeth that are razor sharp and curved backwards, ensuring whatever he bites, does not escape with whatever limb he grabbed, horns that can be swung into metal and puncture deeply into the belly of a tank. and his claws can cut to the bone. If he feels crowded by multiple assailants, they will find he has a very effective way of forcing them off by either lashing out with a heavy wing of a quick spin, lashing his tail out and introducing them to the very generously endowed thagomizer on the end.

He can still cast both Dragon's breath and his Smite... except his smite becomes much more powerful, burning skin and bones on contact and acting like napalm: Sticking to targets and causing more damage over time.
Weakness

+Squishy Human Form- Most of Deimos's offensive abilities are designed to keep foes away. However is one jumps on him, he doesn't have too much to get them off other than his dragon's breath and once that's been taken from him (via impeding breath or forcing him to the ground face down) there's not much he can do.
+Cold Blooded- Deimos often dresses to conserve heat as the cold can influence his internal body temperature. This makes him sluggish and in extreme conditions, could kill him.
+Telegraphed- As aforementioned, most of his damage dealing abilities have a great deal of forewarning, giving enemies time to avoid taking them to the face if they're paying attention and realize what his wings lighting up means.
+Sensitive Wings- Grab his wings and you can force him into submission fast. The slightest squeeze is enough to reduce him to tears.

In Dragon form
+Whistling wings- Deimos's favorite tacit is to dive bomb large targets like ships, facilities or planes and smite on the drive by as he can move with it in his dragon form. This is a devastating move that can destroy unprepared enemies. However there is a telltale, high pitched whistle off the tips of his wings as he dives. this gives a few seconds to find cover... and pray.
+Blind Spots- being so big means you can't see around some places and he has quite a few large blind spots... one of which is directly behind him and right underneath him. Get in too close and Deimos can't do too much to get them away.
+Tight Combat- Deimos can't well fight contained either by the environment or fear of hurting allied combatants. Force a friend too close and they might catch a tail to the face on accident.
+Getting up- When a beast is that large, getting knocked on one's side takes a bit to recover from. It takes a good deal of thrashing to get back on his feet and anything can happen in that short period of time.

Attachments

• 1544863442773.png
    1544863442773.png
    914.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sorry I got really confused about this so ended up not making a sheet. I applied for this and then got added to some group where it was like a superhero high school thing with roommates and stuff? I don't really know what the heck was going on with this so kind of just ended up ignoring this.

This is like an alt universe thing right not like a superhero high school rp?

Sorry I got really confused about this so ended up not making a sheet. I applied for this and then got added to some group where it was like a superhero high school thing with roommates and stuff? I don't really know what the heck was going on with this so kind of just ended up ignoring this.

Correct
This rp is going to leave our characters stranded somewhere

WIP
Real Name → Deimos Weinberg
Current Alias → Moon Drake
Affiliation → None really?
Base Of Operations → His parent's attic in Brooklyn

Citizenship → American
Marital Status → Single
Occupation → Works at the Brooklyn Library
Education → High School Education, Currently a Literature Major at Brooklyn College

Gender → Male
Height → 6 ft 3
Weight → 312 pounds- dragons have thick bones and his wings are HEAVY
Eyes → Blue and shaped like snakes
Hair → Brunette with light highlights
Unusual Features → Wings with a 25 ft wing span from tip to tip. They are large, heavy and have a secondary wing set that tuck up under the primary pair (are only 10 feet in span and are only used for quick direction change in flight. Often go unnoticed)
From the back view and when folded against his back they are black and plain... but when spread, the underside glows in a brilliant display of bio-luminecence that looks like modeling of stars against a night sky. These patterns seem to shift as he flies and glow much brighter as he casts spells.
Powers and Abilities

How Deimos is Useful in a Fight: Deimos has 2 different fighting styles. He must choose which he wants to use pre-fight or have his team buy him time to change forms. He can remain in his more human form, where he acts more as a supportive artillery mage. He has the ability to heal, and shield allies while blinding, burning and stunning opponents as well as outputting a decent amount of damage himself. OR he can become the greatest example of epigenetics ever and turn on the otherwise vestigial half of his dragon DNA. Meaning he gets to be a real dragon, a 20 ft tall monster that is essentially a fire breathing, moon smiting fighter jet armed with teeth claws and horns. His skin is so thick low caliber bullets cannot penetrate and he is fireproof meaning close quarters fights can get ugly for enemies... and friends who get too close.

Human form:
View attachment 514052
Innate mage: Dragons are born knowing how to use their magic, meaning he never had to figure out how to used dragon magic, he just knew... making fast spell casting possible. Although this is SOLELY to dragon specific magic. The dragon's breath spell (literal blasting fire), smite (concentrated moonlight blasting enemies blinding if their eyes were open and burning any exposed skin, and ethereal chains (a very short stun) can all be cast at will. The problem... he must stop to cast everything except the dragon's breath and they are pretty telegraphed (his wings light up brighter when he's about to cast a spell... basically making himself a huge target).
Spells he can cast:
+Healing- can fix damage done to allies. Can only heal one person at a time and amount of damage reversed is fully relevant to how long he can sit and heal them. This when done in battle makes him a HUGE target as he is immobile, focused on what he'd doing and must fully disengage whoever he's healing to fight back should need be. CANNOT HEAL HIMSELF.
+Shields- Blocks one attack off an ally. Only. One. And can only be cast on the same person twice after 2 minutes.
+Smite- Strong and painful concentrated moonlight shines down from him to the enemy in a laser-like ray. Can be cast during the day but is not nearly as strong as at night. Damage done by the spell depends on the concentration at which it is endured. Just looking at it is enough to cause some temporary blindness. Taking the brunt of it for a few seconds results in some skin burning... enduring thirty seconds is the equivalent of standing in an open flame, burning skin and doing permanent eye damage. This spell is easily his most devastating but he is immobilized while he casts it and he has to aim the ray accurately and move it accordingly. It can also be obstructed by the environment. This spell is also incredibly telegraphed as the undersides of his wings shine bright like stars making him a very visible target.
+Dragon's Breath- All dragons, regardless of type are born with this spell. He literally blasts fire like a flame thrower in front of him. This is his only spell that isn't incredibly telegraphed and can be cast while moving. Although it's not wise to use as a main weapon as fire once it leaves it's caster is uncontrollable in his human form and he could torch those around him or himself. This is more of a zoning tool (closing off escape routes for enemies) or a self-peel tool (getting enemies off him if they get too close.)

Learned Magic: Learned magic is just as it sounds, learned not instinct. These spells are useless in battle, however he can pull many tricks to alter every day life like hiding his wings from human eyes, revealing invisible objects and detecting other sources of magic. However there are other things he can learn how to do such as rituals, excorsisms and tracking spells if given the time to figure it out and the ability to attempt multiple times.

Dragon senses: Deimos isn't much stronger than a human but he does have a better sense of smell and hearing and he has night vision.

Flight

Dragon Form:
View attachment 514051
As a fully unleashed Lunar Drake Deimos becomes one of the most terrifying creatures of this dimension. He is able to take some damage without getting badly hurt and can dish out damage to multiple enemies. His fighting style becomes more of a hybrid between a brawling monster, leaping on larger enemies and using his strength to take them down and a stealth bomber that flies silently and bombards with rays of lunar energy out of no where before disappearing into the night.

He is armed to the teeth with biological weapons, one of which is is actual teeth that are razor sharp and curved backwards, ensuring whatever he bites, does not escape with whatever limb he grabbed, horns that can be swung into metal and puncture deeply into the belly of a tank. and his claws can cut to the bone. If he feels crowded by multiple assailants, they will find he has a very effective way of forcing them off by either lashing out with a heavy wing of a quick spin, lashing his tail out and introducing them to the very generously endowed thagomizer on the end.

He can still cast both Dragon's breath and his Smite... except his smite becomes much more powerful, burning skin and bones on contact and acting like napalm: Sticking to targets and causing more damage over time.
Weakness

+Squishy Human Form- Most of Deimos's offensive abilities are designed to keep foes away. However is one jumps on him, he doesn't have too much to get them off other than his dragon's breath and once that's been taken from him (via impeding breath or forcing him to the ground face down) there's not much he can do.
+Cold Blooded- Deimos often dresses to conserve heat as the cold can influence his internal body temperature. This makes him sluggish and in extreme conditions, could kill him.
+Telegraphed- As aforementioned, most of his damage dealing abilities have a great deal of forewarning, giving enemies time to avoid taking them to the face if they're paying attention and realize what his wings lighting up means.
+Sensitive Wings- Grab his wings and you can force him into submission fast. The slightest squeeze is enough to reduce him to tears.

In Dragon form
+Whistling wings- Deimos's favorite tacit is to dive bomb large targets like ships, facilities or planes and smite on the drive by as he can move with it in his dragon form. This is a devastating move that can destroy unprepared enemies. However there is a telltale, high pitched whistle off the tips of his wings as he dives. this gives a few seconds to find cover... and pray.
+Blind Spots- being so big means you can't see around some places and he has quite a few large blind spots... one of which is directly behind him and right underneath him. Get in too close and Deimos can't do too much to get them away.
+Tight Combat- Deimos can't well fight contained either by the environment or fear of hurting allied combatants. Force a friend too close and they might catch a tail to the face on accident.
+Getting up- When a beast is that large, getting knocked on one's side takes a bit to recover from. It takes a good deal of thrashing to get back on his feet and anything can happen in that short period of time.

You've got a lot on your plate there. I'm into it! Plenty of exploitable weaknesses to balance things out. Good luck with those tight spaces.

Can I just confirm what you mean by literate? We're not talking like 3 or 4 paragraphs are we? As I generally write a paragraph, maybe two at most.

No, I'm not going to ask that much of you per post. So long as you can get out a paragraph or two you'll be good. I'm not opposed to shorter posts, so long as you push the story forward or contribute to the current scene in some way.

Like ManyFaces said, this isnt a superhero high school RP. This is a Marvel Universe RP that will have a "stranded" setting archetype. At this point I would like players to begin giving any input or preferences for said plot/setting. I would like to know if there's anything specific players want to get out of this, otherwise I have a default plan for the RP's plot.

I'll still be checking in and hopefully partaking in the roleplay! My work has just left me extremely busy at the moment. So happy this has been taken over and is in good hands. I apologize for not being able to follow through.

Glad to have you aboard, Sinulacrum! I definitely understand the pressure of running an RP, so don't get torn up over it. If you're still willing to help brainstorm, your input would be more than appreciated. Be sure to repost your CS when you get a chance.

Hmm I'd reccomend making sure that for the most part the "good and bad" guys start in different locations. Wouldn't want to start things out with a fight right off the bat. Unless we start out somewhere before stranding perhaps mid fight before getting abducted, the fight could have some good bit of interactions for anything happening in the future.
Bixir Bixir

Bixir Bixir
1. Thank you for redirecting me to a new thread
2. I should tell you the idea so I can save your time and help me possibly 'dampen' it whenever necessary . Katie Williams, aka The Mutant Battery . Her Mutant Powers were activated manually By a Scientist of unknown origin who just so happen to be her father ... However they managed to keep it on the low down. The Main Idea is that her powers activate whenever she is too scared or passed out . How should I compare her powers...? Maybe... Every second she essentially acts as a power amplifier ... It will essentially empower everything around her without limit.... Meaning every moment everything around her dramatically increases their latent powers and abilities (It doesn't matter who or what they are) . The range & rising of said entities' abilities increases the longer she is actively using her powers. The weakness is the fact that this doesn't amp her in anyway, and the fact it also amps her enemies powers as well. It also can make some of her allies unable to control their powers due to how strong they will be . The only way to stop her is to make her either unafraid or wake her up [when she's scared or knocked out respectively] .

Any feedback on this idea before I impliment it in a profile ?

4be.gif

"Otto Octavius was weak. Call me... DOCTOR OCTOPUS!"

Real Name → Otto Octavius

Current Alias → Doctor Octopus; Doc Ock

Affiliation → Himself, the Sinister Six; practically with anyone else who hates Spider-Man or Norman Osborn

Base Of Operations → Otto has several hidden bases that he keeps to reside and plan in, though they are primarily located in New York, usually underground and are most often filled with high tech scientific equipment for whatever scheme he's planning to set into motion next.

Identity → Public Identity, since he doesn't have much of a life anymore as Otto Octavius, and everyone is aware of the accident that happened to him of fusing his robotic arms to his skin and making him known as an outcasted supervillian forevermore.

Citizenship → American

Marital Status → Single (formerly married; wife deceased)

Occupation → Criminal mastermind, head scientist at Oscorp (formerly); regular committer of crimes

Education → Ph.D. in Nuclear physics from M.I.T, honorary doctorate in biochemistry; master's degree in prosthetics and orthotics.

Gender → Male

Height → 5'4

Weight → 145 lbs

Age → 45

Eyes → Chocolate Brown

Hair → Dark brown, nearly black; his hair is beginning to thin around his temples, but once used to be fairly wavy and a bit unruly.

Unusual Features →
Otto Octavius has four extra robotic, mechanical tentacle-like arms which are connected to the back of a harness that became fused to his skin, and are mentally controlled by him with the help of a chip imbedded in the back of his neck. The arms are pure black and very durable metal, with three sharp claws that form pincers on the end of each arm. The arms are quite long and have incredible reach, though they can still retract back into his harness and be fairly inconspicuous underneath his long brown overcoat whenever he wants to conceal them. Otto is quite short and stout for those his age, though not too unnaturally so, but in any case he often uses his extra arms to lift himself high up in the air and intimidatingly hover above others in order to compensate for his lack of intimidating stature. Whenever moving with his own two feet, it can be noticed that Otto moves very stiffly, and often can't perform basic motor easily functions such as reaching behind his neck or doing movements such as twisting a doorknob or opening a lid without a bit of a struggle.

This is because of a genetic degenerative muscle disorder that he has plagued with through his late adulthood, and which is gradually taking away all his motor functions until his body will completely useless and he won't be able to do hardly anything- maybe not even breathe. The fact that he has had the disease for years now is why his movements are becoming almost noticeably shaky and stiff, though he does his best to hide his condition by having his mechanical arms help him with performing trivial tasks such as opening a door or any other complex movements, and he most often can put on the appearance of moving normally enough, though as time passes, his increasing physical frailty becomes more and more apparent, as does his desperation to do something about that torturous fragility.

The accident that made Octavius the monster that he is now caused some brain damage, leading to some memory loss and personality changes as a result, though these symptoms aren't visibly noticeable. Otto also has a recently developed condition called myopia, otherwise known as nearsightedness, which requires prescription eyeglasses, as much as he chafes under the very thought of wearing them, due to not wanting to allow weakness of any kind to show. He hides the necessity of having to use them beneath the darkly shaded goggles he wears over his eyes with his supervillain uniform in order to protect the eyes. He might only ever bother to wear the normal eyeglasses that he used to wear as Otto Octavius whenever attempting to remember what it was like or wistfully reminiscing about being the idealistic, respectable scientist that he had once been. Surprisingly, these rare moments of regret and reflection do actually happen every now and then, despite how fewer and more fleeting these particular instances have tragically become, the more Otto immerses himself into a world of supervillainy and hatred.

Powers and Abilities →

ff2cd70099225abb15c197341f145638.gif

Cybernetic Tentacles: Doctor Octopus' superhuman abilities derive from the four mentally-controlled, electronically-powered, telescoping, prehensile titanium-steel tentacles attached to a stainless steel harness encircling his body from lower chest to waist. Each tentacle, approximately six inches in diameter, terminates in three single-jointed pincers. The pincers are able to rotate in relation to the arm for 360 degrees, in a screwdriver-like twisting motion. Each tentacle segment contains four high-efficiency electric motors equipped with a clutched, helical-gear train, independently mounted on frictionless gimbals and housed in four thin, overlapping layers of titanium-niobium steel. The titanium-steel alloy is light, has high-tensile strength, a high melting point, and high thin-wall rigidity. The motors get their power from a small nuclear-powered thermo-electric generator, which can provide several hundred watts per hour for up to five years before needing to replace its U-239 core. The tentacles have been modified since the time of the original accident that fused them to his skin to include high-efficiency battery packs (enabling movement when cut off from the central power source) and individual micro-circuit control modules (enabling each arm to perform certain pre-programmed actions when Octopus loses conscious control). In the event that Octopus loses consciousness, the control module of each arm has enough pre-programmed conditional responses in its memory chip to enable it to perform a relatively complex sequence of actions, such as saving his life. The trauma of his arm or arms being separated from the harness causes a period of disorientation in which his arms flail about uncontrollably until the pre-programming takes over.

Technopathic Tentacle Manipulation: Octopus can control the actions of his artificial arms psionically, even when they have been severed from his body and are separated from him by vast distances (a distance of 900 miles has been recorded).

Telescoping: Each tentacle is approximately six feet long at full contraction, but can extend to a maximum of 24 feet in length.

Superhuman Striking Force: Each tentacle is capable of moving at a speed of ninety feet per second and strike with the force of a jackhammer.

High-Wind Generation: The tentacles can generate 50 mile per hour winds if spun like a giant fan.

Wall-Climbing and Traveling: By combining the intrinsic strength of both his tentacles and the pincers, Doctor Octopus can scale stone, brick, or concrete walls by rending "handholds" in the surface of the wall. Octopus is able to use his tentacles for traversing horizontal distances as well. At full extension, he can travel high above the ground as if on stilts, either using two tentacles, or for maximum speed (approximately 50 miles per hour), four tentacles.

Sensation Feeling: Although there are no nerve endings throughout the length of his artificial arms, Octopus can "feel" basic sensations with them. As a result of the mutagenic changes from exposure to radiation during the accident, electrical connections have been made from his chest harness to his spine. Thus, Doctor Octopus can mentally perceive "tactile" sensations by feeling the amount of electrical resistance that the pincers' electric motors feel when the pincers grasp an object.

Superhuman Concentration: Doctor Octopus possesses extraordinary mental abilities and concentration, and through months of practice is able to perform two complex and two simple independent actions, simultaneously, one with each arm.

Genius Intelligence: Otto Octavius is a multi-discipline scientist with expertise in various fields of science.

Radiation and Prosthetics Specialist: Doctor Octopus is one of the world's leading authorities on nuclear radiation and specializes specifically in researching its variety of effects on other living beings, even himself. His true passion is prosthetics however, as he is quite an expert in that field as well, such as how to replace lost or dysfunctional limbs as well as how to compensate for them. This is partly due to his own condition that he is desperate to remedy, but once upon a time, he did truly care about helping the whole world with his findings about the effects of radiation and revolutions in prosthetics. Now however, his misguided intelligence and revolutions in both fields of study only benefit himself, though what good any of his knowledge actually does him rather than anyone else is really up to interpretation.

Engineering: Doctor Octopus is a brilliant engineer and inventor, due to his intellect and resourcefulness.

Strength Level: Without the use of his artificial tentacles, Otto possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in no regular exercise, and his muscle disease makes things even more difficult to lift or move around. Each of his tentacles is able to lift approximately 8 tons (provided that Octopus supports his harness with at least one other arm in order to prevent the chest harness/skin interface from bearing any part of the effort). With one arm, Octopus can lift an automobile. With two arms, he can throw an automobile tens of feet, or lift a small bus. The pincers on his arms are capable of gripping with a force of 175 pounds per square inch, sufficient to deform any object made of a thin-walled substance less durable than steel. The pincers can, for instance, crush a handgun. By combining the intrinsic strength of both his tentacles and the pincers, Doctor Octopus can perform such feats as tearing steel doors off bank vaults.

Weaknesses → Despite how much Doctor Octopus might attempt to elavate himself above common humanity, the fact of the matter is, beneath the artificial arms welded onto his body to make him stronger, he really is just a normal human. Because of this, he has the weaknesses that come with being a human as well, no matter how much he attempts to hide this fact. For example, even though Otto has a suit designed for himself that can provide decent shielding against bullets, his head, face, and any other vulnerable spots are still susceptible to bullets or blunt force if he was to be struck by them. Because of having been made just a bit more durable from the excruciatingly painful and biologically altering accident that formed him, he would be able to handle a little more traumatic njury than normal humans before passing out or having a concussion, he'd still immediately succumb to something like a bullet or an inhumanly strong blow to the head. As previously mentioned, Otto has an eventually fatal muscle disease that is slowly beginning to affect him more and more, which can definitely be exploited as a weakness if one notices it or is aware of it. Not only is he very emotionally insecure and inwardly fearful about it, which would lead to uncharacteristically rash thinking, but the disease also causes him to move much more stiffly and sluggishly with his natural arms. Because of this, if someone were to trap him into direct physical combat without his mechanical arms to aid him, he wouldn't stand much of a chance.

If someone were ever to forcibly remove or tear off his robotic tentacles, it would cause Otto to be in extreme physical and mental agony, since it'd be just like ripping off one of his natural limbs with how obsessed and connected he is to his artificial arms, and they're really the only way that he truly feels stronger and more superior than others. While Doctor Octopus is usually quite in control of his mental faculties, considering how he is his strategic and manipulating self and often calmly acts like he is in control of the situation no matter what happens, he does have certain emotional vulnerabilities that can be exposed as well. In one example, if Otto is insulted or taunted long enough, then his damaged pride and ego might be enough to cause him to act irrationally or without much thought in a situation, due to how desperate he would be to reassert his superiority and dominance in the situation, though in the attempt of trying to preserve his pride he would most likely end up sabotaging himself in the process. Otto lost many memories of the life he used to have with a loving wife and a prestigious job, but there are still flickers of his old life that torment him, because he knows that whatever those brief visions of that beautiful but foreign life are, he can't have it. If this weakness was exploited, and his old life was mentioned or talked about frequently, he would be enraged, but also a bit hurt and forlorn about the subject as well, due to how painful it is for him, and would become even more pained and distraught if the topic would be pressed upon further. Doctor Octopus blames Norman Osborn for taking his life away and ruining it completely, so if the man was even mentioned excessively, that would be another cause for him to act in blind rage. Otto also has a slight fear and paranoia about spiders, either the normal kind or the physically altered human ones, which is why he would immediately attempt to squash any he sees in the immediate vicinity, and also always absolutely hates getting defeated and outsmarted by Spider-Man for the sake of his pride, but this particular fear would probably be pretty difficult to exploit due to how deeply he buries it.

(I hope it's alright that I took liberties with the character, and kind of mixed and matched the best of the different versions of him without being completely accurate to the comics like some others have been, but if that wouldn't be okay then just let me know, and I'll be happy to change it!)​

So, where will this RP be taking place. Im new to this site but experienced in roleplaying. Is it gunna be one of those Thread post rps i could never seem to understand or is it like uh on discord or some chat? Idk how this stuff works chief

I like your character choice

Real Name → Richard and Chang Loomis
Current Alias → Tiger and Dragon
Affiliation → N/A
Base Of Operations → The Bronx

Identity → Secret
Citizenship → Both American
Marital Status → Single
Occupation → High School Students
Education → High School

Gender → Male
Height → Richard if 6'ft, 5'in and Chang is 5'ft, 5'in
Weight → 165 and 135
Eyes → Blue and Brown
Hair → Blond and Black
Unusual Features → Chang has a dragon tattoo on his chest.

Powers and Abilities
Athletics: Both Richard and Chang are skilled Athletes. Richard is a skilled football player, while Chang is a skilled gymnast. As a result the two are able to do athletics maneuvers that other people normally wouldn't be able to do.
Brawlers: Ricahrd and Chang are both excellent fighters with Richard specializing in amateur wrestling and street brawling and Chang specializing in Taekwondo.
Teamwork: Richard and Chang are " brothers at arms" and use their combined talents to do unique combat maneuvers and brutal takedowns on their foes.

Weakness
Richard and Chang rely on each other in order to be effective combatants. Without each other, they are completely worthless and can be easily defeated by even common street thugs.

You've got a lot on your plate there. I'm into it! Plenty of exploitable weaknesses to balance things out. Good luck with those tight spaces.

No, I'm not going to ask that much of you per post. So long as you can get out a paragraph or two you'll be good. I'm not opposed to shorter posts, so long as you push the story forward or contribute to the current scene in some way.

Like ManyFaces said, this isnt a superhero high school RP. This is a Marvel Universe RP that will have a "stranded" setting archetype. At this point I would like players to begin giving any input or preferences for said plot/setting. I would like to know if there's anything specific players want to get out of this, otherwise I have a default plan for the RP's plot.

Glad to have you aboard, Sinulacrum! I definitely understand the pressure of running an RP, so don't get torn up over it. If you're still willing to help brainstorm, your input would be more than appreciated. Be sure to repost your CS when you get a chance.
Thank you! It's almost done I just forgot to mention the MAJOR weakness (ish.. depending on the situation) . Major cosmic events can do some weird things. Solar eclipse makes him lose his damn mind and his powers get ridiculously enhanced to the point he can blow up a city... and he essentially goes feral. Lunar eclipse and he loses his powers and gets super sick. Other than that, he's done

And those tight spaces are bad news for a full blown dragon man. He needs lots and lots of space to fight as he wants. If your friends crowd you things can get ugly and in a building he could take the whole thing down if he screws up the supports.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back