• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Martial arts Highschool (Actual Name Pending)

Mr.Observer

So I had a random thought about this and was wondering if anyone else would be interested.

In an alternate universe, mixed martial arts is the big thing the UFC had become the most watched and most sought-after career with most schools offering a range of martial arts classes. You whoever you maybe have decided to attend (Name Pending) Academy an academy known for its martial arts courses, you may not be the strongest or the fastest or perhaps maybe you are, you attended the school's entrance exam which includes a martial arts tournament. Luckily for you even if you did great or terrible the school only offered people to take the entrance exam that had something the school wanted which meant, either way, you were in...not like you knew that. After opening your acceptance letter you noticed a small number tag attached to it, reading the acceptance letter it stated that the strange number tag was for a system the school used called the Coaching system. The letter then proceeded to explain that the system was that the physically weaker student would get matched with the physically stronger students and the lower your number the stronger you were rated and that this system would play a part in your end grade with the stronger student getting a mentor grade and the weaker student getting a mentee grade.

The next part the letter explained was about both the ranking system and the Hierarchy system. The ranking system is extremely simple and had already been touched on the lower your number the stronger/higher ranked you are with number 1 being the strongest. To take someone's rank is very simple and uses the betting system which will be explained shortly.

The Hierarchy system is based on playing cards with the Ace being the strongest student in a year, the king is the strongest male (under the if the ace is male), the Queen is the strongest female (Under ace if the ace if female) and the Jack who is an adept fighter and one of the strongest in the school; they are picked by the King and Queen and if they can’t decide, the Ace steps in, this position is a gender-neutral role. Finally, the Hierarchy system includes one more role the Joker. The Joker is a card that the school's headteacher assigns and this card is unique in the sense that no one knows who the Joker is (other than the joker) and whoever has the Joker card at the end of the year they can ask for one thing that it is in the school power to grant, the joker card is the only card that can be carried by another cardholder such as the king or queen and at any point the Joker can offer a challenge to any picture card to which even if they are injured that have to accept. To take a picture card you must use the betting system however they are a couple rules that apply; no picture card can be challenged if they are injured, sick (and has proof) or some other reason that would hinder their ability and a picture card has to defend his or her role at least once every three months (with the exception of the Joker). At the end of the year, those with a picture card get 6 weeks work of training from some of the best martial artists in the world and get to push one of their grades up a boundary (The Joker also gets this). Finally, those with picture cards both act as the school council for that year and the disciplinary community.

Finally, the letter explained the betting system a very simple system. Two people have to bet something and once both agree the two have a duel and the winner gets what the two betted. They are only a small amount of rules that this has. The first is that one cannot be forced to bet something and doing so no matter what it is for is an instant expulsion this includes by force, blackmail or another way. More than two people can take part in the better system at once and fights can be 2 v 1 or 3 v 1 etc... The betting system can also be used for non-physical bets such as doing someone's homework or training someone.

Well, I think that's all the random ideas I got for this. What I'm hoping for is at minimum 7 player and one of those seven to become my CO-GM and help me plan out this mess of random ideas...also I really need names for stuff.
Things I got this idea from:
Well, this idea originally came from me reading Girls of The Wild, however, I began to mix and match several things together some of which I do not have the name for right now most of the ideas have come from my noggin but I do not take 100% credit for all of this.

Things I remember some of the ideas came from:
Girls of The Wild (Webtoon) - The martial arts school idea.
Unordinary (Webtoon) - The Hierarchy system

Classroom of the Elite (Anime/Light Novel) - Now I'm not 100% about this but I think this is where I got the Betting idea from.

Anyhow I have one final thing to say thanks for reading I bet it was a horrible experience but I hope I haven't scared you off just yet and that you're hopefully interested but yet once again thanks for reading feel free to PM me or ask below if you have any question.

I'm interested, also happy to co-gm if no-one else wants to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back