• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern #𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆𝗠𝗲 // Dystopian AI Matchmaking IC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
By the time Anisa had finally gone over everything, the armored SUV had pulled into a grand mansion, and Rodney made a comment about it almost being as extravagant as the company retreat they’d taken a few years’ back in the Rockies. Vix mumbled that he remembered that one, and it was the reason that he still couldn’t look at a pair of skis without his knees and rear crying out in pain.

The driver of the van walked over to open up their doors, and as they’d been silent for some time, Vix finally asked, “I know you’re not asking, it’s not like I have a choice. But it’s been awhile. What if I can’t fix it, either?”

The silence that hung in the back of the car was slow stuck to him, pungent like an alcohol-heavy bodywash. God, what was Rodney using nowadays? It was Anisa that finally graced him with a response. “Maybe try your husband‘s brand of Bad-B-Gone. Pray.”

The mansion itself was opulent, and despite his past finally catching up to him, Vixtor couldn’t help but grin a bit at the creeping ivies and jungle ferns that entwined with the house. He wondered what ‘Love Island’ was originally named, and where in the world they actually were. Islands like these had so many rare endemic species, and he could only hope that they still persisted, even under the glamor of bright pink bougainvilleas and marbled mansions.

Aside from the staff, there didn’t seem to be many people milling about. Maybe they weren’t here yet, or maybe they were already off doing some state-sponsored tandem dates. After the receptionist told him he couldn’t check in without his husband, Vix went back to sit by the koi fountain, when he finally saw the taller man from the corner of his eye.

He hadn’t seen Connor since the reception, but it was hard to forget the handsome man’s smile, even if it was currently directed at someone else. That alone was enough to give him some pause, especially when he saw how gorgeous the woman that he was speaking to was. But it would be silly to get hung up on small stuff like that- the two of them had only met twice, and besides, he should be far more concerned about his own problems than wonder if maybe Connor would be happier with someone else.

Putting on his friendliest face, which was really just his lips pursed into a straight line so he wouldn’t be scowling, Vix walked over to greet his husband, but was interrupted when he was only a few feet away by a meaty arm slung over his shoulder.

“Man, you two are a beautiful couple!” Rodney complimented, nodding to Connor and Renee. “I can’t decide who Affinity gave a better match to, but the chemistry here is off the charts.“ Despite squaring his shoulders and clenching his jaw, Vix made no move to shove the slightly taller man off of him. “Vix, you didn’t walk all the way here just to cheat on me, did you? Not that I could blame you, but you don’t really look like their type.” He continued, teeth glinting in a wolfish grin.

God, Rodney hadn’t changed at all.

Last edited:
Vida retracted her arm, still holding her drink, and frowned down at the liquid in the glass as Stephen unlocked and opened the door. "It just feels like such a waste if neither of us drink it, you know? I'd feel bad." She swirled the stem in her hand. "Do you think one of the other couples would take them?-" Her words cut off abruptly as she looked up and took in the room. Her mouth popped open in another O of awe and she walked farther in, setting the champagne down turning in a circle to take it all in. "Oh wow," she breathed. Vida got to stay here?

"This is very nice,"
Vida turned to stare at Stephen blankly, registering his unimpressed tone as he agreed with her. She stared at him for several heartbeats before bursting out in laughter, her eyes lighting up. "You don't actually think that do you?" She giggled between laughs. Vida wasn't sure why she found it so funny, but she giggled even harder, wiping tears from her eyes at his next words. He may change his pants? He was in a goddamn tailored suit in the middle of the jungle. What did he mean may? She couldn't imagine why he thought the most comfortable clothes he could wear on a commercial flight to his honeymoon vacation on a humid jungle island was a suit. Did this man have any casual clothes? She guessed she was about to find out. "You brought shorts, right? A tee shirt? You should dress casual, this is our time to relax and get to know each other in an easy environment. Let's take advantage of that."

Feeling a lot less tense after her fit of laughter, Vida sighed, still smiling. She wandered back to the door and slipped her shoes off before heading towards the massive bathroom with a jacuzzi tub - big enough for two, she noticed wryly. She ignored that fact and glanced over her shoulder at Stephen. He was staring at the bed. She ignored that too. "Do you mind if I shower before we meet up with the others? Airplanes always make me feel gross."

“I suppose so. I wouldn’t mind it if it was just the two of us, though.” Anya’s voice was mild, the observation more of a minor irritation rather than anything else. Being back in Tara’s company reminded her of her initial attraction towards the woman, made her even more eager to get to know her. Realistically, Anya knew that they would eventually have time for that; a lifetime of it, in fact. All they had to do was get through the honeymoon.

Anya sat in companionable silence with Tara as the shuttle navigated its way towards the sprawling estate, her heart slumping a bit as they pulled up outside. This was it? The grand honeymoon was going to be here? Her nose wrinkled in distaste before she could control her expression. Sure, the estate would seem luxurious to some…but they hadn’t been to some of the places she had been. Tara looked excited, though - wowed, even. Anya would not ruin this for her.

“Thank you so much!” She said brightly to the receptionist and the concierge, slipping both handsome tips as she let her luggage be dragged away and a flute of champagne placed in her hand. She sipped at her drink as they wound their way through the corridors and into a room which looked pleasantly spacious, with a king-sized bed, cosy leather loveseat, coffee table, dining table, and a large flat-screen television. To one side of the room were two doors; poking her head in, Anya found one to be a walk-in wardrobe (thank god), and the other to be a large bathroom, with twin sinks, a whirlpool bath, and a rainfall shower. Finishing the three rooms off was a large wrap-around balcony, with a view that reached out towards the sea. Well. Maybe Anya had been wrong about this place.

“A shower? Yeah, sure. I’ll take one too - after you, I mean.” Heat rose to her cheeks as she fumbled with her words, resulting in her draining the rest of the liquid left in her glass. As Tara went to shower, Anya unpacked her suitcases, managing to fill a decent portion of the wardrobe with a variety of daywear, eveningwear, nightwear, and more shoes than any individual could possibly need on a vacation. As she unpacked, she set aside a cute little floral sundress and a wide-brimmed floppy sun hat for the drinks reception, assuming that it was a bit too early to break out a cocktail dress.

For several minutes, Sona was left alone with her thoughts. Sitting on the airport bench, nestled between her now stuffed duffel bag and gift of wine in a gaudy bag, and soaking in some sun- perhaps she should have spent some amount of the last several days going outside? Or at least opening the windows to get some light?- she had to admit that this probably wouldn't be all bad. For one, it would be a nice final farewell to summer before they went back home to the late October weather; and for another, this was certainly a new experience for her. A tropical island was also a new thing; Sona hadn't exactly spent much of her life outside of her little corner of the world. She had seen some family on the other side of the country when she was younger a few times, but that was hardly all of this.

The airport featured a variety of flowers that she was pretty sure were native to Florida planted in pebbles and hugging up to the airport. Carefully manufactured palm trees of approximately seven feet tall lined a division between the pull-over area she was seated at and the travel lane beyond it. The MarryMe facility was sure to be the same: garish and fake, but dressed up to offer a curated, 'exotic' experience. But... Perhaps she and Haru would be able to go on a hike and find some actual local flora? Or maybe she'd at least be able to come home with the inspiration for a new game. Losing out on her contract still stung, though at least she wasn't blaming Haru for it.

It seemed almost that thinking of Haru managed to summon her: her voice broke Sona from her thoughts, and she looked over- almost feeling guilty- and practically surprised to see Haru there. Well, this was a surprise; had they been on the same plane? Had more time passed than she realized? Did they fly on separate planes that just happened to land close together? Either way- there was her wife, no longer in her wedding gear. She was still undeniably beautiful, though.

"Oh," was her first response, before blinking and bringing the rest of her mind back to the current moment. "Uh- hi. Figured I wouldn't see you until the resort, actually." The general hum of airport machinery was punctuated with Haru's crunchy snack. "How- oh, um," she stumbled over her words. Texting with Haru had made her feel just as tongue tied, too, but at least then she had the excuse of being drunk. This time all she could blame was nerves: it was finally time for them to really get to know each other. Sona reached beside her for the gift bag, and presented it in Haru's general direction. "Here, um, I got you something. How- how was your flight?"

Tara could appreciate that Anya wanted time alone but she personally wanted to limit that as much as possible if she was being honest. However she had to play the part and nod in agreement. As the two continued to check out the room Tara was sure Anya had seen nicer places than this. Tara really had never said anywhere this nice.

She couldn't help but laugh over Anya stumbling over her words. "I get it you're more than welcome to." She went into the only suitcase she had, beyond her carry on and got out a casual outfit for dinner. Some cute denmin shorts and a black tank top that had a floral design. Once she got her clean underwear out too she went to shower closing the door behind her.

It was probably for the best Anya had unpacked without Tara there. There definitely be some internal judgment for the amount of stuff. Tara took in the rainfall shower glad for the warm water to relax her body and get the ick of being on the plane off.

As soon as she was done she dried off and got dressed in privacy. She came out still working on drying her hair with a towel. "Shower is all yours and its amazing. I can't wait to try the tub" she said. She decided she'd unpack while Tara showered next.

"I'm sure one of them may take them" he shrugged. "It probably go flat too....so if you don't mind then I'll drink it as a cheers to this vacation." Stephen decided since Vida pushed the fact he could so he started sipping it as Vida looked around the room in awe.

When she laughed at his reaction he knew it came off unimpressed. "No no it is a very nice room but I'm sure eventually I can show you nicer" he explained. When she made a comment on him dressing more casual his lips pressed together. "I brought what I like to wear. So I'll wear what I want." He said feeling some judgment come from her. He had only put on the suit thinking he could get first class on the flight however when they denied that he did feel a bit foolish. Unknowingly Vida was brining back up those thoughts too.

He snapped out of his thoughts realizing he had been staring at the bed a bit to long. "Do whatever you'd like" he said taking one of the two suit cases and went to unpack his clothes into the closet. As he did he picked out a deep blue polo shirt and some high end shorts he had. Casual for him, maybe not for others but he didn't care. He aslo grabbed his boat shoes figuring they'd match better than his dress shoes he had on. Once he finished unpacking he stepped out making sure Vida was in the shower before changing secretly hoping he could get another drink when it came to time with the couples.

Tara was all smiles, but Anya couldn’t help but start to second-guess herself. Her previous romantic entanglements had been mutual and easy, provoked only by desire for the other person and a want to have a good time. In her previous life, Anya could have confidently entered the hotel room and sent her partner tripping back towards the bed, drinks reception and obligations forgotten in the trap of each others’ eyes. Anya had never before struggled to receive romantic or sexual attention from a partner, but got the distinct impression that she would here.

“Same! I’m glad you liked it.” A small smile as Tara stepped out of the bathroom, although it didn’t quite reach Anya’s eyes. At least this time she hadn’t managed to suggest that they explore the bath together. Scooping up her underwear, outfit and toiletries, Anya skated around Tara and locked herself in the bathroom, quickly becoming enveloped by the gentle steam that stirred in her wife’s wake.

Her own shower took decidedly longer than Tara’s, consisting of a routine dictated by a row of expensive products that lined the bathroom shelf. Anya emerged from the bathroom 30 minutes later decked in her floral ensemble, with dark eyeliner cresting her eyelids and a warm pink lipstick on her mouth.

“Sorry I took so long! It usually takes me at least an hour to get ready when I’m at home - if I haven’t hired someone to help, that is. Ready to go?” Anya paused to take in Tara’s outfit, the floral tank top and denim shorts providing a nice contrast to her own. “You, uh…you look great. Really cute.”

So, he’d rushed to the airport with no time to get anything? Just the clothes on his back and the diamond ring resting by the tag against his chest. Hank could feel the furrow in his brow. Did it show a high level of situational flexibility? Carlos had to be adaptive in his role. Or was it a symptom of something else? “Never mind.” He shook his head. “We’ll do some shopping.” Hank would very happily foot the bill. His eyes briefly tracked up and down Carlos’ figure. Taking in the sporty clothes and sneakers. Leaner, undoubtedly fitter than he was, but not a lot in it. A small smile twitched the corner of his lips. “Might be a little loose, but I got plenty you can borrow. You ready to go?.”

Sitting in the shuttle, the seamless flash of scenery by the windows, his lids felt heavy. Fighting the residue effects of sedatives. But he must have slept, blinking his eyes open when the vehicle was stopped before a shadowy, overgrown path. It was hot. Far hotter than he liked. Thinking back on the guides page he read that mentioned skiing and year-round snow. That kind of climate manipulation would cost billions.

The sole of Carlos sneakers squeaked briefly against the slick stone floor, stopping at the concierge. The attendant looked human. The impossibly attractive, symmetrical sort, a slight sheen of sweat on her skin betraying any notion of AI. Hank took their room key. Four., “Do you accept tips… Adele?”

Her cheek quirked. Flashing her open palm and the service implant for Hank to seamlessly pass his mobile across. “Where’s the best place for shopping?”

“It depends what you want, Sir. For a luxury experience, I’d suggest Temple Row mall. It’s built on the collection of historic Santa Lucia Churches.” She flashed pearly teeth. “For culture, while you shop.”

“Perfect. Can you arrange us a driver? Say, ten o’clock tomorrow?”

“There is an itinerary, Sir. But I’ll see what I can do.”

“Thanks.”

---

The blast of refrigerated air inside the building was a relief. Quiet. The heavy security door clunked softly shut, presumably locked, behind them. It was spacious, and light. A narrow, decorated passage leading into common living space. Large lounges arranged around coffee tables and a dining area. An open plan kitchen available, though he presumed this entire affair would be catered for. Wide glass doors opened onto a shared deck with a view of a glittering blue pool, and beyond that, the ocean.

There were rooms on the ground floor, numbered one and two. The rest must be upstairs, accessed by a steep floating staircase. Christ. That was a hazard. He could just see himself tending a split skull after someone had one too many. Offering Carlos, still carrying his case, a smile before they headed up.

The first thing he did was shed his shoes, feet a little swollen from the altitude, and the tie around his neck. His focus drawn to the roses strewn across crisp white sheets of a king sized bed. Just one. Flicking a glance to Carlos, an unexpected shiver in his chest. How long had it been? Years. Since he’d last slept next to someone. The idea of lying beside him, in the dark, hearing his breathing was… unfamiliar. Not unpleasant.

“So this is where my tax dollar goes.” He joked bluntly, gesturing at the towel folded like a turkey on the bed. As a public service worker in his standing, he enjoyed a lot of tax benefits. Didn’t change the fact that his wage “contibutions” were substantial. “LEO’s are tax exempt, right?” That could have it’s own benefits…

Hank unclipped his watch, his skin irritated under the heavy links, and set it on a mirrored dresser. Paused, by a baby pink piee of paper. He picked it up and read aloud.

The wait is finally over.

Welcome, newlyweds, to your honeymoon!

Adorn your best bathing suit and meet your fellow lovebirds by the pool. You’ll be greeted by our exceptional staff with a tropical aperitif and breathtaking views. Don't forget your spouse!

Oh, and one more thing. A special announcements awaits poolside.

All will be revealed, so don’t be late. And don’t forget to have fun!

Attendance is mandatory.

An itinerary. Right. His breath huffed as he tossed it back onto the dresser. At least a swim should wake him up. Unzipping his case to rummage for-

“Which ones?” His smile, self-depreciating. Holding up an identical pair of electric blue swim shorts decorated in white hibiscus motif. It was a bit of a running gag. The loud print at ends with the image of boring Doctor Pierce. Ironic, that he’d grabbed two the same to save time.

Pierce
Hank

So, he’d rushed to the airport with no time to get anything? Just the clothes on his back and the diamond ring resting by the tag against his chest. Hank could feel the furrow in his brow. Did it show a high level of situational flexibility? Carlos had to be adaptive in his role. Or was it a symptom of something else? “Never mind.” He shook his head. “We’ll do some shopping.” Hank would very happily foot the bill. His eyes briefly tracked up and down Carlos’ figure. Taking in the sporty clothes and sneakers. Leaner, undoubtedly fitter than he was, but not a lot in it. A small smile twitched the corner of his lips. “Might be a little loose, but I got plenty you can borrow. You ready to go?.”

Sitting in the shuttle, the seamless flash of scenery by the windows, his lids felt heavy. Fighting the residue effects of sedatives. But he must have slept, blinking his eyes open when the vehicle was stopped before a shadowy, overgrown path. It was hot. Far hotter than he liked. Thinking back on the guides page he read that mentioned skiing and year-round snow. That kind of climate manipulation would cost billions.

The sole of Carlos sneakers squeaked briefly against the slick stone floor, stopping at the concierge. The attendant looked human. The impossibly attractive, symmetrical sort, a slight sheen of sweat on her skin betraying any notion of AI. Hank took their room key. Four., “Do you accept tips… Adele?”

Her cheek quirked. Flashing her open palm and the service implant for Hank to seamlessly pass his mobile across. “Where’s the best place for shopping?”

“It depends what you want, Sir. For a luxury experience, I’d suggest Temple Row mall. It’s built on the collection of historic Santa Lucia Churches.” She flashed pearly teeth. “For culture, while you shop.”

“Perfect. Can you arrange us a driver? Say, ten o’clock tomorrow?”

“There is an itinerary, Sir. But I’ll see what I can do.”

“Thanks.”

---

The blast of refrigerated air inside the building was a relief. Quiet. The heavy security door clunked softly shut, presumably locked, behind them. It was spacious, and light. A narrow, decorated passage leading into common living space. Large lounges arranged around coffee tables and a dining area. An open plan kitchen available, though he presumed this entire affair would be catered for. Wide glass doors opened onto a shared deck with a view of a glittering blue pool, and beyond that, the ocean.

There were rooms on the ground floor, numbered one and two. The rest must be upstairs, accessed by a steep floating staircase. Christ. That was a hazard. He could just see himself tending a split skull after someone had one too many. Offering Carlos, still carrying his case, a smile before they headed up.

The first thing he did was shed his shoes, feet a little swollen from the altitude, and the tie around his neck. His focus drawn to the roses strewn across crisp white sheets of a king sized bed. Just one. Flicking a glance to Carlos, an unexpected shiver in his chest. How long had it been? Years. Since he’d last slept next to someone. The idea of lying beside him, in the dark, hearing his breathing was… unfamiliar. Not unpleasant.

“So this is where my tax dollar goes.” He joked bluntly, gesturing at the towel folded like a turkey on the bed. As a public service worker in his standing, he enjoyed a lot of tax benefits. Didn’t change the fact that his wage “contibutions” were substantial. “LEO’s are tax exempt, right?” That could have it’s own benefits…

Hank unclipped his watch, his skin irritated under the heavy links, and set it on a mirrored dresser. Paused, by a baby pink piee of paper. He picked it up and read aloud.

The wait is finally over.

Welcome, newlyweds, to your honeymoon!

Adorn your best bathing suit and meet your fellow lovebirds by the pool. You’ll be greeted by our exceptional staff with a tropical aperitif and breathtaking views. Don't forget your spouse!

Oh, and one more thing. A special announcements awaits poolside.

All will be revealed, so don’t be late. And don’t forget to have fun!

Attendance is mandatory.

An itinerary. Right. His breath huffed as he tossed it back onto the dresser. At least a swim should wake him up. Unzipping his case to rummage for-

“Which ones?” His smile, self-depreciating. Holding up an identical pair of electric blue swim shorts decorated in white hibiscus motif. It was a bit of a running gag. The loud print at ends with the image of boring Doctor Pierce. Ironic, that he’d grabbed two the same to save time.
coded by reveriee.

Screenshot_20221025_090218_com.android.gallery3d.png

Chad Burton

"Ohh, sir…" The stewardess flinched away from the firm smack of a strong palm that connected with her buttock. She stared at Burton all wide-eyed and blushing as he passed her with a crooked smirk.

"Thanks for the ride, Sweetheart."

He inhaled the sultry air that momentarily brushed his aircon-dry skin with energising moisture. Gentle breeze coming from the emerald lay of the ocean ruffled his wild strands. Filling his nostrils with the sweet and salty taste of the oncoming honeymoon.

Good. He was ready for trouble.

"You shitting me." Chad muttered to himself with a happy grin growing on his face as his keen eyes fixed on the two females nearby. Jumping off the last few steps, wrapped in scarce muscle tank top and sporty shorts, he approached the girls.

"Waiting for me, Sweet Cheeks?" He spoke to Sona. "That's cute."

Briefly glancing at Haru with a casual "Sup dude" he promptly refocused on the other.

“Would you rather have not seen me until the resort?” Haru shot back, one immaculate arched eyebrow raised behind her too-big sunglasses. It was a trick question; of course Sona wouldn’t have wanted to see her so soon, not if she could barely bring herself to send her a text.

It was therefore incredibly confusing when her wife extended a gift bag towards her, like it was the most normal thing in the world. What the fuck? Haru could feel her face spasming into a grimace, not known for being able to keep a poker face in times of emotional upheaval. What was Sona’s game here? Ignore her all week, then try to buy her affections back with - she glanced into the bag - a duty-free bottle of wine? Or worse; was it an apology? Haru’s mind wandered back to their last text exchange, the knowledge that Chad had texted Sona asking her to hang out. Sona had gone quiet pretty soon afterwards, apparently passing out.

Her wife hadn’t gone to hang out with Chad…had she?

Her wife hadn’t spent the whole week ignoring her because she was with Chad…right?

It was these thoughts that were spiraling through her brain when a casual “Waiting for me, Sweet Cheeks?” echoed out from behind them. Haru barely had time to take in Chad’s trimmed form and cocky grin, the dismissive “sup dude” flung her way, before he stood between the pair of them, all eyes on Sona.

Fuck. Her wife had spent the entire week sleeping with some other guy.

Haru was about to commit murder.

Anya's shower had taken longer than Tara expected. Her long shower probably be thirty minutes at most and that was if she had gotten lazy about shaving. So in her down time she had looked around seeing the flyer. They wanted them to wear swimsuits too? She guessed she could enjoy the warm weather. Not sure if she'd swim.

While Anya shower Tara took her only swimsuit out and quickly got it on. A red bikini top with black bottoms that tied at the hips. She put her outfit back on not even sure if she'd want to wear it infront of the learing eyes of Chad. That man really did give her the creeps and she felt bad for his match.

Once fully ready she went to look out of the view. She was standing infront of the window as Anya finally emerged from the shower. She turned facing her hearing her admit how long it took even with hired help. She couldn't help her face of disbelief. People really did that? She was constantly living pay check to pay check so she couldn't imagine. It only reaffirmed her desire to complete her mission.

"must be nice...." she muttered. She heard the compliment follow "yeah thanks" she noted Anya seemed to be a very girly type. Not usually someone she'd go after in a bar. She grabbed the flyer and showed her "they suggested swimsuits but I'm wearing mine under my outfit. I guess once you're ready we can head down."

Vida showered quickly, hyperaware of he man waiting for her outside the bathroom. She didn't want to take too long in case he thought that was strange - besides, she'd already shaved and done a full "self care" bath routine before the flight. This was really just to wash off the grime that came with long flights. It wasn't until Vida stepped out that she realized she'd left her toiletries and change of clothes in her still-unpacked luggage in the room. She stood for several minutes too long in front of the bathroom mirror, wrapped in fluffy white towel that was too small for comfort, focusing on her breathing and working up the courage to just walk out and get it. It wasn't like the towel covered up any less than that dress she'd worn when she and Stephen had first met.

Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, Vida whirled around and grabbed the door handle and walked out before she could convince herself otherwise. Steam wafted out behind her as she padded into the air conditioned room, one hand clenching the wrapped towel where it barely closed around her chest. Her hair dripped now-cold water down arms and back making her shiver in the change of temperature. The blond stopped short as she took in Stephen, her eyes roaming him from head to toe.
"That outfit looks good on you," she admitted appreciatively. It was another few second before she realized she was practically ogling him as she bit her lip and turned quickly to hide her red cheeks. She couldn't help it - well dressed men did something to her, even if she still couldn't quite wrap her head around Stephen's clearly exorbitant taste.

Vida's eyes caught on a pink slip of paper on the entry table by the door. She must have missed it when they'd come in, caught off guard by the beautiful room. Picking it up she skimmed over the note. "Swim suit it is, I guess." She muttered to herself. She turned back to Stephen, trying very hard to not seem like she was undressing him with her eyes as she had likely looked before, and gave him an awkward smile. "Sorry for hogging the bathroom, I'll just change real quick and then I'll be ready." She dropped the note back on the table and crouched down to grab her duffle bag off the floor. The tiny towel stretched uncomfortably across her skin, her hold where the two ends connected tightening as it threatened to pull away. She clenched her jaw, grabbing her bag and standing quickly to head to head to the bathroom before a mishap could happen. As thought the thought of it had been the trigger, her quick movement pulled one end of the towel free from her grip and Vida's heart ricocheted into her throat as she felt it drop away from her chest, too quickly to do anything about it.

Vida snapped her gaze up to her husband, freezing like a deer in the headlights. Her left hand still fisted the other end of the towel that now dangled uselessly, covering hardly anything at all. Her right hand gripped the strap of her bag. Her brain short circuited as panic shot through her veins, and she stood stiff and staring for several seconds before bolting into the bathroom and slamming the door behind her without another word. Every muscle felt tense as she stared at her own wide eyes in the mirror now. Her face was beet red. With a grown, Vida dropped her bag and the towel and covered her face with her hands in horror. It's totally fine, she chided herself, It's not like you two aren't married. It wouldn't have been that embarrassing if you hadn't made a break for it like your ass was on fire. Stupid!

All Vida wanted to do was curl up in a ball under a rock for a few hours or days until Stephen forgot whatever he had just seen, but they had an itinerary to follow and, according to the note by the door, attendance was mandatory. Vida fished her black and gold bikini out of her bag, dressing quickly and throwing on a white sundress/cover up over it all. She splashed her face with cold water, praying it would take some of the heat out of her still flaming cheeks, then applied waterproof mascara. Hanging the towel and picking up her duffel bag, she exited the bathroom once more, though this time she could hardly look Stephen's way. "I'll unpack when we get back, but we should probably get going," she told him, finding the floor very interesting at that moment.

Last edited:
Anya knew when she was being judged, and disgust was written all over Tara’s face. Suddenly, going to the drinks reception and being surrounded by other couples didn’t seem so bad.

“Oh, uh, sure.” Anya accepted the flyer, glad to have an excuse to look anywhere but at Tara. “I’ll need a sec to find something so why don’t you head down without me and I’ll catch you up? I’ve kept you waiting long enough anyway.”

An’ there he was. Curly hair damp with humidity and no more than the bag he carried. Tossing a dart in the balloon of all expanding doubts. The tension released from his shoulders he hadn’t known he carried. Con smiled, crinkled crows feet at the corners of his eyes, until they caught a stranger creeping up on Vix.

He hadn’t misheard. Just to cheat on me. The arm around Vix neck, much as it looked unwelcome in the moment, wasn't unfamiliar. He could read that like a headline. But his ma always said, only fool’s read books with the cover closed. Don’t jump the gun, Con ain’t know shit about this man. Nothin’ more than the gel that greased back his hair and the undone monkey suit.
He bit back on the instinct to put distance between this asshat and his husband. His smile tightened, but holding steady. No other way to approach this but with an open mind, an open hand, and the confidence his old man had gave him. No pun intended. It was gonna take more than a few words to shake him.

He stepped up to the line, his palm extended. “I ain’t believe we met. I’m Connor. Connor Gusman. Papers and permission pending.” He gripped the stranger's hand, the one at Vixtor’s neck, and unlooped it from around his head. Little option in the action. “That there?” His nod to the beautiful woman at his back. “Is Renee. She waiting on her spouse. Just like I were.” And who the fuck are you? . Cool in the regard that raked this man up and down. “Who d’ I owe the pleasure?” Flicked to Vix, trying to read the story he didn’t know. The edge in his smile softened, but not quite hiding his concerns. “Do I got somethin’ to be worried about?”

And there it was- Haru's words. She had a sharp wit and, if they had met in more favorable circumstances, Sona would have loved it; but as the situation was, she mostly just felt cut by it. Maybe spending all week hiding from her new spouse, from her new life, wasn't the correct play? She didn't feel like she could muster up a correct response to Haru's question. While trying to untwist her tongue, her wife took a look into the bag and- oh. Oh, no. That wasn't the expression of a pleasant, mild surprise. That was... Displeasure. Well, that was a clear strike two. Or was she on strike three now?

It didn't matter. Behind Haru, approaching with a confident grin and no spouse, was one Chad Burton, and a guaranteed strike out. Or foul. Or- well, dissolving baseball metaphor aside, it was. Not good. And his different greetings to the two of them didn't help. Right, so. Haru thinks I was trying to run off with this guy. Then I don't text her all week. And now she accuses me of not wanting to see her and hates the wine I got her. And Chad calls me sweet cheeks. It didn't exactly look good.

She felt like a lab rat. In a maze, with scientists watching over her like gods, with all the power to electrocute her balls or reward her with food, all while she stumbled around, blind. What the hell was she supposed to say to that? Why did she feel like she had done something- well, something worse than ignoring everyone for a week? And- she could see the shuttle down the road, behind Haru and Chad, stalling- what was taking it so long? Her eyes flicked back to Haru. Even under the sunglasses, it was clear to see that she was less than thrilled by this turn of events. Chad, on the other hand, was as easy going as could be. "Er, hi," she finally settled on. How eloquent.

CARLOS WESSON

The playful dance of light on the lay of the ocean. The sweet aroma of exotic flowers they passed upon entering the building. The lush interior and the large bedroom. It elevated his spirits, complementing the warm, cozy feelings that Hank's presence stirred in his belly and mind.

Carlos laughed like a giddy child. "Look at that swan!" Guess he didn't know the difference between a swan and a turkey… Not like he saw any living swans these days.

Wasted civilian taxes or not, he was going to enjoy himself. Let loose. Hell, if not during their honeymoon then when?!

He smirked. "Finally seeing the perks of being married to a cop?"

The officer kicked his shoes off and jumped on the bed without second thoughts. His back hit the silky sheets. Whole figure sunk two inches into the soft mattress. Reminded him of the old-school waterbeds. He always wanted to have one.

Wesson folded his arm under head and put the turkey on his chest like a new pet, listening to the invitation. It was funny to hear it in Hank's solid timbre and imagine it in Affinity's voice in his head.

He beamed widely at the sight of the identical shorts with flowers on them. "You gotta be kidding me." He giggled and sat up, dismissing the towel bird falling to his lap. He reached toward the pair on the left.

"Sexy twins." He grinned. But then his smile softened to a gentle curve.

"Hey…" He quietly swallowed. "I feel a little high right now." His puppy eyes traced the man's face. "I don't remember the last time I felt like this."
THE COP

Tara paused hearing Anya suggest that she went ahead downstairs. He titled her head confused but also glad for the offer. For what she could have guessed, Anya would take another thirty minutes getting ready. "Oh okay sure we can do that" she said going to grab her sunglasses to fend off the sun.

"I'll see you down there then" she said feeling a little bit of tension however she wasn't sure if that was on both sides. Tara probably should have figured her comments threw Anya off. She took a breath and went head taking her room key leaving the second one for Anya before heading downstairs and to pool side. She was the first one out there. Great.

She looked to the near olympic size pool, that had a waterfall feature, diving board and slide. Over the top just like the rest of the resort. She noticed tables set up for their meet up so she took a seat to wait there.

Last edited:
Stephen had noticed the pink flyer upon waiting for Vida. He read the note realizing he'd have to get his swim trunks if he wanted to follow their instructions. If he was honest a swim didn't seem bad and maybe he'd get to see Vida in her swim suit, not able to deny the physical attraction he had to her.

He had already put the flyer back when the door opened to the bathroom. Stephen was just about to go get his swim suit but the visual of Vida wrapped in a tiny towel quickly clouded his mind. He also realized she was checking him out. Maybe they were really starting from square one but he couldnt be sure. He cleared his throat to reply "see I do have casual clothes " he said simply before she spotted the flyer "Oh yeah I just noticed that too" he said still having a hard time not leaving his gaze on Vida.

The visual of her bending over made his cheeks grow warm. He turned away briefly but hearing her shift again he peeked over in time to see the towel fall out of her grasp and exposing her body to him. His jaw naturally fell a little, Seeing her natural body like that made him want to try even more to get her to accept him faster so he could enjoy it.

Just as fast as the towel drop Vida bolted for the bathroom slamming the door shut. He took a moment still stunned. Her reaction told him that wasn't on purpose but he couldn't get the image out of his head. "Holy fuck" he muttered to himself stepping back into the closet switching his shorts for a pair of black fitted swim trunks and put the shorts back on over it.

He walked back out just as Vida came back out of the bathroom again, but this time with clothes on. "Sure let's head down there" he grabbed their room key and his aviators. He noticed she wouldn't even look his way, great now it was awkward. He hopped this event would help her relax in ways and he could try harder to get her on his side of things. He went down and to the pool only seeing Tara there who was sitting and working on a drink by the time they came.

Lips parting in a bit of surprise when Connor introduced himself by both first and last name, Vix couldn’t help but blush and look to the ground a bit sheepishly. Here he was, jealous over nothing, letting the taller man handle this just as he’d handled their earlier arrest. Some husband Vix was turning out to be. But it didn’t have to be that way, did it?

The suited man’s canines sparkled as he grinned, hair slicker than usual from the tropical heat. Though Connor had successfully put himself in between the two of them, Rodney merely shook his hand with renewed vigor. “Call me Roddy. And I see. You two were algorithmically engaged. You happy with what you got, Con-man? Con-Con? Big C?“ His eyes glinted as Connor inquired on their past, “Oh, where do we begin? Me and G-Dawg, Gusman here, we-“

”Actually,“ The green-haired man interrupted, “it’s Gusman-Grant. Or Grant-Gusman. Like my husband said, we haven’t really decided.“ Shooting a grateful look up at Connor, Vix continued, “there’s a lot we haven’t really decided on yet. But that’s alright. We’ve got time.” Rodney looked as if he was about to open his mouth again, but the former researcher beat him to the punch.

“We used to work together, back when I was still corporate. This is Rodney Gratham-Cooke.” At the hyphenated surname, the suited man stiffened, all pretense of friendly teasing having fallen away, leaving only a cold glare in its place. “At least, it used to be. Do you still by Cooke even though-“

“Don’t.“ Rodney said in a cold and calm demeanor entirely different than his previous one. ”Don’t fucking say her name. I was trying to play nice with you, you cold son a bitch, but if this is how you want it to be, fine. Game on.” With that, Rodney wrenched his hand back from Connor as if it was burned and huffed off, taking the miasma of his cologne with him.

Vix let out a sigh he didn’t know he was holding, turning to his husband with the sheepish beginnings of a smile. Walls gone, something else in their place. “Sorry about all that,” he sighed, before offering an awkward smile to Renee. “It’s Renee, right? Sorry you had to see all that too. I’m Vix, Connor’s husband. I didn’t see either of you on the way over, but I’m happy to be here now. What do you say we get checked in… Mr. Gusman?” He added with a smirk.

The Doctor paused. Meeting Carlos’ warm, earnest expression with an unexpected smile. Melted across his face without permission. How did Carlos do that? Invite him in so willingly. His heart, pinned to his sleeve. Offering it to Hank and trusting he wouldn’t squeeze. Despite…

Despite his attempts to keep him at arms length.

Hank’s sigh escaped his chest. He dropped the shorts at the foot of the bed, and crossed to drop onto the sheets facing Carlos. Soft, feather stuffed pillows crushed beneath him, the smell of rose petals wafted with the huff of air, his head propped to his palm.

“Neither have I.” It weren’t a lie. Day-to-day, Hank didn’t feel much of anything, with a few exceptions. His life existed in surgery, and that was a different thrill entierley. Intrinsically linked to a god complex he’d been reminded of more than once: mastery, power, control. None of which he had here. Carlos took that box and shook it. Feeling the involuntary quick-step of his heart as his eyes rested on Carlos’ face. Husband. Was he ready for this? Apparently not. His gaze wavering. Dropped to the half ruined towel-bird that lay between them.

What had he been saying to Foxett… "Ever think that I like the unpredictability?" Looks like he got that wish.

"Let's get a photo." He broke the brief silence. Device slipped from his pocket, shifting to drop onto his back beside Carlos. His arm extended in an open invitation to come in close. The other in the air above them.

Least they looked like a damn good couple. Smiling at the camera, surrounded by white and roses. No filter needed.

Pierce
Hank

The Doctor paused. Meeting Carlos’ warm, earnest expression with an unexpected smile. Melted across his face without permission. How did Carlos do that? Invite him in so willingly. His heart, pinned to his sleeve. Offering it to Hank and trusting he wouldn’t squeeze. Despite…

Despite his attempts to keep him at arms length.

Hank’s sigh escaped his chest. He dropped the shorts at the foot of the bed, and crossed to drop onto the sheets facing Carlos. Soft, feather stuffed pillows crushed beneath him, the smell of rose petals wafted with the huff of air, his head propped to his palm.

“Neither have I.” It weren’t a lie. Day-to-day, Hank didn’t feel much of anything, with a few exceptions. His life existed in surgery, and that was a different thrill entierley. Intrinsically linked to a god complex he’d been reminded of more than once: mastery, power, control. None of which he had here. Carlos took that box and shook it. Feeling the involuntary quick-step of his heart as his eyes rested on Carlos’ face. Husband. Was he ready for this? Apparently not. His gaze wavering. Dropped to the half ruined towel-bird that lay between them.

What had he been saying to Foxett… "Ever think that I like the unpredictability?" Looks like he got that wish.

"Let's get a photo." He broke the brief silence. Device slipped from his pocket, shifting to drop onto his back beside Carlos. His arm extended in an open invitation to come in close. The other in the air above them.

Least they looked like a damn good couple. Smiling at the camera, surrounded by white and roses. No filter needed.
coded by reveriee.

Vida was angry at herself - she hated that she had no control over the blood in her cheeks. They still felt hot and red, though she hoped that the color wasn't as noticeable as it felt. As she followed Stephen out of their room her thoughts replayed the moment her towel had dropped as he had glanced back at her - the way his eyes had widened and his jaw had dropped. A genuine reaction. A pleased reaction. A quiet, strangled whimper left Vida's throat, surprising her, and she covered her face with her hands as her cheeks again - fucking again - reddened. She wasn't sure if the sound had been a noise of embarrassment at remembering what had happened, or... a heated reaction to his reaction. Now is not the time! She chided herself. They were about to meet up with the other marry-ers, she needed to get these thoughts out of her head.

Breathing deeply, Vida dropped her hands and schooled her features into careful, pleasant neutrality and followed Stephen the rest of the way to the pool where they were all supposed to meet. Stepping outside, the air felt thick and warm with humidity, the sun hot against her skin. It looked like they were the first ones there - no, there was a woman sitting by herself at a table. Vida wondered absently if she was a match, and if she was, why was she alone? She wasn't very good with faces to begin with, and the alcohol she'd consumed at the reception made it a lot harder to place if this woman had been there. I guess I'll find out soon anyway.

"Come," Vida said to Stephen, stepping ahead of him and grabbing his hand as she passed to tug him along behind her. She didn't want things to continue to be awkward between them, but she felt overly aware of the feel of his palm in hers. "Let's sit over here." She lead him to an empty table with a large umbrella that only successfully shaded half of the seats, letting go of Stephen's hand to plop herself into one of the chairs that was still in the sun. The seat was warm under her and she let out a relaxed sigh, closing her eyes and tilting her head back. Everything is fine, she told herself, trying to ignore the feeling of Stephen's eyes on her. He is my husband, this is not awkward. She hesitated before adding to herself, and I have a nice body with nothing to be ashamed of. There.

CARLOS WESSON

Carlos stepped out of the resort villa and his flip flops tapped against the hot tiles of the path leading to the recreational area. The sun kissed his skin and he shivered at the gentle breeze. All the pleasant sensations that made him feel alive.

His knuckles brushed against Hank's as they ambled along the greenery and his heart fluttered with unconstrained joy. The simple activity of going for a swim and a drink was already a nice break from the cop life but sharing it with a man he began to fall for? That was a whole different level of excitement only lightly tinged with nervousness.

The water sparkled under the sunlight like a million diamonds. Gentle waft of chlorine was suppressed by the sweet notes of exotic flowers adorning the entrance and fruit crushed and blended at the tiki bar beside the infinity pool. It had all the fancy features and a swim-up bar under a large straw awning.

The positive energy of lively music and swaying palm trees created an atmosphere of happiness and tranquillity. Carlos couldn't help but bob his head to the song, laughter on his curled up lips.

"Where's the party at!" He looked at Tara and gave a quick wave. "Hey there!" Then he pointed both hands at Vida in a silly gesture. "Whaaat. Look at you, you look gorgeous, girl." But he didn't abandon the lonely woman, walking up to her first.

"I don't think we got to introductions the last time." Unfortunate circumstances during the reception.

"I'm Carlos, and this is my husband, Hank." He grinned when tossing a glance to the man. "Dr. Hank." Wearing a matching pair of swim shorts…
THE COP

Screenshot_20221025_090218_com.android.gallery3d.png

Chad Burton

"I'm single for the next five minutes, wanna get naughty?" Chad smirked to Sona when he caught a glimpse of movement at the corner of his eye. He turned to face a few local guards approaching them. His body tightened, ready for action.

"H-hey…" Haru looked confused when they surrounded her and grabbed her. "What the hell are you…" Hint of fear audible in her voice.

"What's this?" Chad questioned but he didn't make a move to stop them. Instead he was ready to stop Sona if she tried to physically interfere.

"Stay back, sir." One of the armed men said with a tone laced with warning. Another one spoke to the struggling female. "Haru Ashido, you're being arrested for conspiring against the New Order."

The sound of an airport shuttle caught Chad's attention but he didn't look over, laser focused on the situation.

"Get on the shuttle and leave." Same guard said to the two with a stern look on his face. There was no leeway in his order.

Chad put his arm over Sona's shoulders and guided her toward the pulling up vehicle even if she'd protest. He didn't say anything, just got them inside and watched through the closing door how the men took Haru away.

"That blows..." He looked at Sona as the self driving shuttle moved in the direction of the exclusive structures. "You had no idea what she's doing?"

Tara had been sitting on her own for a while growing even more concerned about her match. By the time the next couple came down it had been twenty minutes. She bit at her lip wondering what was going on. Those thoughts would soon be answered. A waitress came by and offered her a drink.

Before Tara could say anything the woman handed one over with a napkin that had something tucked into it. Tara took the drink feeling the napkin felt off. The waitress quickly moved on to Stephen and Vida offering over drinks with no real option to say no. Tara turned her back to the only other couple as she put her drink aside and unfolded the napkin finding a note.

'Target Clément has left. Stay and investigate new target Everfield' was what was written carefully on the note. She quickly bunched it up. Anya had left? And they let her? How? Why? And why was one of her targets now another man in their group. Her mind raced with questions. Unfortunately she wasn't in the position to get many of them answered.

By that time the next couple made ir down but Tara was still stunned taking in the information. So when a man's voice interrupted her thoughts she jolted looking up glad the note was already crumbled away. Though when she was greated by the sight of the cop it didn't help her nerves one bit. She noted the matching swimsuits and usually that would warrant a laugh she had too much going on.

Answer, answer the man that's what she needed to do. "um....Tara my name is Tara. I was late to the ceremony hence the lack of introduction. " She laughed awkwardly. It was hard to hide her emotions in the moment that something had happened to her. At least her shock could be played off as a broken heart.

The warm sun splashing off everything made Stephen glad for his sunglasses. His mind still playing over what had happened in the room down to the low squeek Vida had made on their walk. Maybe she would agree to another drink to take off the edge. He didn't understand why she was so embarrassed, she was beautiful and they were a couple. It was bound to happen at some point, or at least Stephen expected it to.

He was a bit taken off guard when Vida took his hand taking her over to a table. Another first of holding hands and Vida had taken the lead. Maybe she had some sense come to her. He sat in the shade not looking to get too much sun. He was just about to say something when a waitress came by forcing two drinks upon them. "I guess they really want us to drink huh" he commented after how the champagne had also been handed right over. These drinks were mixed cocktails sweet looking. He put his on the table for now trying to play Vida's game and not seem too eager for the drink.

Before he could strike a conversation Carlos and his match had came out onto the pool deck with Carlos being the center of attention. He pressed his lips together hearing him comment on Vidas looks. He took a pointed breath to calm himsel since Carlos took his attention to the girl who was alone, who now looked visibly shocked. Had he missed something? He couldn't be sure so he simply brought his eyes to Vida. "Mind if we cheers to our honeymoon?" He asked itching for an excuse to get some more liquor into his system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back