• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mango Farming in Tahiti // RDR2 Interest Check

Space Baby

Hello, cruel world!
I'm just gonna cut right to the chase because I have a hunch that this post will flop, but! Hello, folks, it's nice to be back here. I've been out of the roleplaying scene for so long, I'm not even really sure how to approach this. Here goes nothin'.

Basically, over the course of the past few weeks, I've become infatuated with Red Dead Redemption 2 (having played RDR1 a couple of years back). Despite being a pathetic, struggling-to-function emotional trainwreck following the main story's conclusion, I thought it would be really fun to work out some thread ideas with y'all. I think this is my method of coping? Also, quarantine boredom.

I won't go too much into detail about my own personal writing preferences, but just to give you a general idea: my replies average around 400-700, I'm totally fine with any adult themes, I don't have any triggers, etc. etc. This post may seem like an illiterate, wretched mess, but grammar, mechanics, and style are really important to me. I'm probably down to do any pairing (canon or OC or a combination, platonic or romantic) and I love taking time to plot! I'm into AU as well! I like to think I'm pretty easy to write with because I adapt easily to the preferences of my writing partners. (: Elaborating a little further on fandom-specific preferences, I'm most comfortable using John Marston because he's my baby, but I am still willing to use or double up on most of the main characters.

Now, onto more interesting things- plots ideas! As of right now, I don't have many fleshed out, but as I said before, I'm open to doing any pairing you might have in mind.

Pay Dirt: Earning Redemption [John Marston x Abigail Roberts]
Takes place following the concluding chapter of the main campaign, preceding the epilogue, and the subsequent years in-between. Ideally would explore John, Abigail, and Jack's early collective attempts at starting life anew in the Yukon during the waning years of its infamous gold rush while underscoring John and Abigail's relationship conflicts/developments. This is my most developed idea, and I'll be happy to flesh it out if you're at all interested!

Desertion [John Marston x OC]
Another idea that is only briefly alluded to in-game, I would be really interested in exploring John's absence from the gang following Jack's birth. The possibilities are endless, but I haven't quite figured out which possibilities I want to try my hand at.

As I said before, if these don't suit you, hit me up with ideas of your own! I have a couple of OCs for this type of roleplay and I'm in no way limiting myself or any potential co-writers to these two ideas. More will be added in the future, at any rate! If you've read this far, thank you, you're a star!

Hey! I don't know if you're still interested in a RDR2 roleplay, but if so, I can PM you! I have a few Canon characters I'm willing to roleplay as, and I also have one or two OCs for western settings, so I'm sure we can figure out something good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back