• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Malleus Haereticorum - Interest Check & WiP Overview

Carl

Not A Llama...

Malleus Haereticorum

[WiP - Overview, Info thread, Interest Check]

- Setting: Medieval with Low Fantasy, Grim RP with a certain sense of realism. (Think literal Medieval times for those persecuted, and then imagine it being it even much worse. That's the situation and life your character has been dealt)

- Scale of the RP: half a dozen players at most, each with a single character. Preferrably posting (approximately) 1x on a daily basis.

- Starting Location: We're all starting in cages of the same heavily guarded caravan, with a convoy of guards and mercenaries in tow, we are on our way to the trading hub port-city of Shiqal. From which we'd soon find ourselves on sailing carriers to our end-all destination..

- Possible PC Origins or Races: Each and every single one of us has been branded a heretic and minion of Morx, whether actually rightly so is of unimportance at this stage, there's no plea or outcry loud enough to allow you to live longer than your execution date. A heretic can be either a human being who has turned to the Decayer in mind and/or body, a savage creature of the Beastraces or a Daemonbrood. Basically that means your origin can range from a humanoïde heretic, who for example delved into the Cursed Arts of Morx (eg: Witchcraft, Necromancy, Evocation, Shamanism, etc etc) to a non-fullblooded humanoïde, to even a creature from the inner circles of Morx himself, a daemon. Granted, politics can cause non-heretics to be be branded as one, as easy as the favored soul can behead a random peasant.

- Notable Factions and NPCs:

* Senecae is the, quite literally, divine ruler of the reigning faction of the known world - Mankind. She does not sit idly by on her throne while her heralds, prophets and leaders in place reign the world with an iron fist. Instead She oversees, participates and decides most important manners either by Herself or as the deciding factor when there's difference of opinion between her vassals. She does not rule with an iron hand, She rules with a steel fist. The members of her faction are every non-heretic humanoïde in the known world.

* Morx is, as far as the Average Joe knows, the Deity who is everything that Senecae is not. He is not just, righteous, benevolent or any other fabricated positive term that has been spread into the world to describe Senecae. He is the definition of evil, even thinking about him is desacration of the mind given to you by The Divine, Senecae. Everything that goes wrong in the world, everyone that did something evil and held a position of power, everything negative...It's all to blame on Morx, his powers, minions or corruption. Everything that goes against Senecae's orders, is directly related to Morx and therefor heresy, to be punished by capture, torture and death. While Senecae keeps Her pawns on the board under a watchful eye and a firm grip; Morx is much more elusive and only occasionally intervenes in the lives of Mortals. His faction consists of every non-pureblooded humanoïde in the world, every act or every thing that goes against Senecae's will.

* Nobility and Clergy are Senecae's main factions of power, Both have the power to be judge, jury and executioner. They often clash in interests and spend their time playing political mindgames and traiterous acts to gain favor and position from Senecae. If any outside of those Factions dares to intervene or obtain their scorne..They can expect to be branded a heretic, in the worst of situations, for a reason as silly as having their laundry always be much whiter than their neighbour's. When they're not being petty and overflowing with ambition, they can be useful pawns for Senecae to keep a veil before the masses' eyes and acts as her enforcers, or to rally the plebs under her banner to die for her cause.

@Kharmin @welian @Mordecai

--

* Would any of you be interested in this Roleplay? If so, I'll keep on tagging you after major Updates on this thread to expand the roleplay's information before eventually starting the actual IC-thread & CS-thread.

Let me know what you think. ^ ^

* Kharmin, I realize I most likely still need to add more information to give the PC's more direction and purpose, I already have some starter plots in mind, al though I'm slightly hesitant making them public due to 'taking away from the surprise-effect fun?' Let me know if more info is needed for you or not, I'll see what I'll end up doing. ^ ^

Looking forward to hearing from y'all. :)

Hunh. Yes, keep me updated. I think I have a demon character that could be tweaked to fit this setting.

This is more information than you had in the original PM so it makes more sense now. I'd like to know more on the different character options, but that can come as the design progresses. Keep me in the loop!

Oh snap, this has gotten more interest than I had expected, and definitely more than I can allow to join without risking the rp to deteriorate into a sloshed, trudging pace, or equally iffy (in my opinion): To devolve into a hyper-speed shallow postfest.

But either way, the least I can do for those willing to participate is give an impartial and fair chance to join the rp; Based on the degree of immersion built into their respective character sheets. Please do keep in mind that I'll also have to keep the group's cohesion in mind. Al though conflict and friction is often a very fun hook to rp with, keep in mind that (as an example) an antisocial character without a clue how to properly interact with others on a certain eye-level, can possibly clash 'too hard' with the group and roleplay's general course.

NB:

I love, encourage even, for the roleplaying members of the RP to be as creative as you want to be (within common sense/group policy-boundaries). This includes getting so caught up in your own awesome scene that you can't help but get side-tracked from the general plot's course in mind...It's one of my personal favorites about Group Roleplays actually (not knowing what will happen until I effectively read the posts to come). However, I reserve the right to intervene if it happens to occur for an over-extended period of time so that it holds up the others or the plot for far too long. Which will be done both IC'ly & OOC'ly (By a friendly nudge-PM that will inform you that the plot needs to go forward and to wrap things up for the time being for the sake of the plot).

--

I'll tag everyone who showed interest, in the following post in this thread, once I finished making an overview of important and useful items to know about this roleplay & finish creating the general outlining of the starter plot for Malleus Haereticorum. (Hopefully sometime today.)

Alright, will do. Won't be long now 'till the CS Thread will be up, as soon as I finished and posted my own CS; That way everyone will have an idea of how I will write IC, as well as narrate when needed. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back