• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Making It

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
"And just where do you think you're going?"

Lissa tried to ignore the female voice coming from her doorway. She really did. The pink haired girl was in the process of gathering her things so that she could meet Calvin, and then the rest of the band members. She already had her notebooks in her arms; she was gathering the rest of what she needed, like her phone and charger, her key to the house, and whatever else her eyes landed on that she thought she might need. As she turned towards her door, a hand came down and knocked the notebooks from her hands, sending papers flying through the air and everything else scattered across the floor. "What the fuck!" Lissa snapped, looking up at the woman in front of her.

"I asked you a question, Melissa. I expect an answer." Her mother glared at her with ill disguised distaste, her eyes lingering on Lissa's hair.

"Why, because you're sober?" Lissa rolled her eyes, kneeling down to start gathering her papers, stuffing them back into the notebooks. As she reached for the latest one she'd written, her mother stepped on it right as Lissa grabbed it, causing it to rip in half. Feeling her anger rise, Lissa chomped down on her lower lip to keep herself from saying something. She heard her mother chuckle, then she moved her foot. Snatching up the second part of the paper, she stuffed them into the notebooks with the rest and stood, holding on tighter to her things this time. "Don't wait up." Lissa turned and found her backpack, shoving everything inside and flinging it over her shoulder.

Her mother scoffed. "As if I would. At least your brother stuck around. You know, until he offed himself."

"Shut up!" Lissa screamed at her, unable to hide her anger anymore. Lissa shoved past the woman, not caring if she knocked her over. She didn't hear a thump, but she didn't look behind her either as she fled the house, not slowing down until she reached the corner. Pulling out her phone, she sent a text to Calvin. Walking. Be there soon. She told him, then shoved her phone back into her pocket, thankful the walk would give her time to clear her head.

rena-lovelis-acid-shorts.jpg

Tags: Calvin ( Ridge Ridge )

Code by apolla apolla

"And just where do you think you're going?"

Lissa tried to ignore the female voice coming from her doorway. She really did. The pink haired girl was in the process of gathering her things so that she could meet Calvin, and then the rest of the band members. She already had her notebooks in her arms; she was gathering the rest of what she needed, like her phone and charger, her key to the house, and whatever else her eyes landed on that she thought she might need. As she turned towards her door, a hand came down and knocked the notebooks from her hands, sending papers flying through the air and everything else scattered across the floor. "What the fuck!" Lissa snapped, looking up at the woman in front of her.

"I asked you a question, Melissa. I expect an answer." Her mother glared at her with ill disguised distaste, her eyes lingering on Lissa's hair.

"Why, because you're sober?" Lissa rolled her eyes, kneeling down to start gathering her papers, stuffing them back into the notebooks. As she reached for the latest one she'd written, her mother stepped on it right as Lissa grabbed it, causing it to rip in half. Feeling her anger rise, Lissa chomped down on her lower lip to keep herself from saying something. She heard her mother chuckle, then she moved her foot. Snatching up the second part of the paper, she stuffed them into the notebooks with the rest and stood, holding on tighter to her things this time. "Don't wait up." Lissa turned and found her backpack, shoving everything inside and flinging it over her shoulder.

Her mother scoffed. "As if I would. At least your brother stuck around. You know, until he offed himself."

"Shut up!" Lissa screamed at her, unable to hide her anger anymore. Lissa shoved past the woman, not caring if she knocked her over. She didn't hear a thump, but she didn't look behind her either as she fled the house, not slowing down until she reached the corner. Pulling out her phone, she sent a text to Calvin. Walking. Be there soon. She told him, then shoved her phone back into her pocket, thankful the walk would give her time to clear her head.

Last edited:

superthumb.jpg

Calvin Titan
Feeling
: Happy
Outfit:
love me baby
Mentions:
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof apolla apolla Life. Life. taliaangeni taliaangeni

Calvin had been jamming in his room all day. It was nice ornhim to live alone, no unexpected chores, no nagging and no unexpected entrances in awkward situations. Not that had ever happened before, or had it? With Calvin anything was possible. He’d finally decided however it was probably time to get up after he’d received a text from Mel. He hook his head knowing something had probably happened, constantly on his phone, he’d gathered the knowledge of the way people text. Even so he’d got up, looking in the mirror he began scrubbing off left over food from his face before taking a shower and doing everything else he needed.

Once we finally chosen the perfect outfit for the day, he chucked his glasses on before winking at himself in the mirror. “You are one cute kid.” Looking down to his stomach however he frowned for a moment before shaking away his thoughts and taking out his phone again.

Everyone come to mine. Time for more rehearsal? I think so. See you there chickens.

Running down his stairs and sliding across the doorway, he opened up the door to his garage before picking up his drum sticks and tapping them all over the shelves. Knocking over paint he merely laughed before seeing some had landed on his drums. His eyes went wide before realising it looked pretty good. It was only time to wait for everyone else now.

Last edited:
Finnegan Redmond
It was a peaceful sleep that Finnegan was currently in, until the tip of a furry tail made its way past his nose. Immediately he sneezed himself awake, scaring the cat in the process of his fit. "Aw damn. Furball couldn't you let me sleep in this morning?" His body had positioned itself to sit up from his sudden awakening. Finn rubbed his itchy eyes slightly before stretching the drowsiness away. He looked around and saw Jenga blocks strewn everywhere on the floor beneath him. "Huh guess we passed out during our game," his attention then moved over to the other person who made up the party, Michelle. A small smile appeared on Finn's face as he observed his sleeping friend, but not in a perverse way. Rather he enjoyed this image of his friend in a trouble-free state. But he knew it would only last for a short while.

"Well since I'm awake might as well make breakfast. Right Furball?" Finn whispered his conversation to Michelle's cat. It simply stared back at him. His eyes looked down to his phone that displayed a time closer to noon. "Hmmm perhaps brunch would be a better choice to say. But bacon and eggs would still make a good brunch."

Finn moved from Michelle's room over to the kitchen and began pulling out the necessary kitchenware and food. The speed and accuracy in which he managed to gather all the items clearly indicated how much time Finn spent at Michelle's house. At this point it would not be a mistake to call it his second home. After all his moms are always making sure that him and Michelle are taken care of their necessities. They even encourage Finn to move out, but not too far. So Michelle's location was a perfect distance for them. Some others may find their protectiveness overbearing, but Finn appreciates it.

Once Finn had everything cooked and set up he returned to Michelle's room. "Michelle. Michelle. Hey Mick. Time to wake up. I have breakfast-I mean brunch-ready," like a waiter, Finn walked in with his hands occupied by plates. He placed one plate on her nightstand and the other on the floor. Quickly he returned to the kitchen once more to retrieve drinks for them, then walked back to Michelle's room to take his place on the floor next to her bed. Finn began digging into his meal when he heard a notification pop up onto his phone. It was a message from Calvin asking about rehearsal at his place. Finn gave a soft snort when he read the word 'chickens' in his text.

Michelle and I will try to head over there as soon as we can Callie babe~!

"Michellllllle your poor bacon is screaming to be eaten. If not answered fast enough I shall answer their call."

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
Ridge Ridge

tumblr_m5gyvk4pxi1ryq9ufo1_500.gif

Rawly

In the front yard of the old yellow ranch house, Rawly squatted beside Bessy, his white and purple volkswagen bus. He had decided yesterday that she needed a good scrub. So, here he was, wash cloth in hand, scrubbing her dented side clean. As he wiped the cloth across the hard exterior his mind went to a tightly locked box he kept private from everyone. Today, inside that box, contained images of Rawly using the cloth not wash Bessy but instead Calvin, his friend.

It started innocently enough with a back scrub but then Calvin leaned back, put his head on Rawly's shoulder and smiled that adorable smile of his that always made Rawly's heart go pitter-patter. In this dream, Rawly was much more open. His fingers threaded through Calvin's dark hair and then he gripped the locks and pulled his head to the side - so Rawly could reach his mouth. Staring into Calvin's eyes, Rawly's tongue shot out and licked Calvin's bottom lip. Calvin's grin got wider. Soon the wash cloth was forgotten and Rawly's hand traveled down Calvin's smooth chest. The hand still in Calvin's hair pulled his head to the other side to give Rawly access to Cal's neck. Rawly's mouth explored the the smooth flesh as his other hand went inside the unbuttoned jeans -BEEP BEEP.

Snapping back to reality, Rawly shook his head, trying to dislodge the scene from his head. He looked around for the source of the beeping and found it was his outdated smartphone he'd placed on a bucket away from the water. Standing, he got the phone and heat blasted his face once he saw the name of who texted. Calvin. He wanted to meet up. Rawly looked down at his wet clothes, specifically his jeans, and noticed he was a little excited from the dream.

Sure, Cal. Might be a few tho. Was in the middle of something.

Rawly put the car wash supplies away before going inside to change his clothes and take care of business. Ripped jeans, a shirt from when he was in 10th grade, and a pullover completed the ensemble. By the time he was done forty minutes had past. He hopped into Bessy, who wasn't dry yet, and took off for Cal's house. Cal didn't live that far from him so it was a short ride. As he came to a stop in the drive he could see the guy messing around inside the garage. Exiting the car, Rawly had to remind himself to keep the dream in the private box. For later. When he was alone.

"Hey, man!"
Ridge Ridge

Coded by taliaangeni taliaangeni

Last edited:
Finnegan Redmond
It was a peaceful sleep that Finnegan was currently in, until the tip of a furry tail made its way past his nose. Immediately he sneezed himself awake, scaring the cat in the process of his fit. "Aw damn. Furball couldn't you let me sleep in this morning?" His body had positioned itself to sit up from his sudden awakening. Finn rubbed his itchy eyes slightly before stretching the drowsiness away. He looked around and saw Jenga blocks strewn everywhere on the floor beneath him. "Huh guess we passed out during our game," his attention then moved over to the other person who made up the party, Michelle. A small smile appeared on Finn's face as he observed his sleeping friend, but not in a perverse way. Rather he enjoyed this image of his friend in a trouble-free state. But he knew it would only last for a short while.

"Well since I'm awake might as well make breakfast. Right Furball?" Finn whispered his conversation to Michelle's cat. It simply stared back at him. His eyes looked down to his phone that displayed a time closer to noon. "Hmmm perhaps brunch would be a better choice to say. But bacon and eggs would still make a good brunch."

Finn moved from Michelle's room over to the kitchen and began pulling out the necessary kitchenware and food. The speed and accuracy in which he managed to gather all the items clearly indicated how much time Finn spent at Michelle's house. At this point it would not be a mistake to call it his second home. After all his moms are always making sure that him and Michelle are taken care of their necessities. They even encourage Finn to move out, but not too far. So Michelle's location was a perfect distance for them. Some others may find their protectiveness overbearing, but Finn appreciates it.

Once Finn had everything cooked and set up he returned to Michelle's room. "Michelle. Michelle. Hey Mick. Time to wake up. I have breakfast-I mean brunch-ready," like a waiter, Finn walked in with his hands occupied by plates. He placed one plate on her nightstand and the other on the floor. Quickly he returned to the kitchen once more to retrieve drinks for them, then walked back to Michelle's room to take his place on the floor next to her bed. Finn began digging into his meal when he heard a notification pop up onto his phone. It was a message from Calvin asking about rehearsal at his place. Finn gave a soft snort when he read the word 'chickens' in his text.

Michelle and I will try to head over there as soon as we can Callie babe~!

"Michellllllle your poor bacon is screaming to be eaten. If not answered fast enough I shall answer their call."

Ridge Ridge
Michelle had spent the last night drinking and playing games like Guess Who?, Skip-Bo and even Jenga. Her best friend Finnegan was over at her place. Again, as almost always. It was his second home by now. Michelle had sometimes considered asking him, if he wanted to move in. She had way too much space for only one person and he already was spending about 70% of his time here anyways. But the girl was too shy, she did not want to make things awkward, risk their friendship or anything among those terms. Finnegan had always been there for her since years, helped her when she felt alone. He witnessed the biggest hurt she felt in her life and was there to build her up. He was all a friend could be and Michelle wanted to be just the same to him. But she knew, she was difficult. That was why she was so rarely honest about herself. Sometimes, she felt bad for having Finnegan care for her that much, simply because she needed somebody to do it. But most of the time, she was thankful and happy to have such a friend in her life. She only thought about things like this when she was alone though.

"Touch my bacon and i swear im gonna touch you.", Michelle said, as if she had been awake the whole time. She waited a moment, before shaking her head. "No, wait, that sounded misleading... I mean like, i´m gonna do something bad.", she stuttered, then just laughing about her own stupidity. "Why didnt you wake me up and let me help prepare food? You´re spoiling me Finn!", she then said, sitting up finally, as she yawned and looked around the mess that was the room. Scurrying around in the bed, she finally found her phone, checking messages. Calvin was calling the band. Though Finn had most likely already replied for both of the two, so she just shrugged. "Alright, give me like... Twenty minutes to eat, change clothes and shower.", she said, already stufffing her mouth with bacon and mumbling a muffled. "Not in that order though.", before continuing her onslaught through the bacon.

It did not take her a lot longer than she had said, until she was fully dressed and ready to leave towards their friends house, where the band usually met up. She was waiting for Finn to tell her when they would get going, having him lead the way. She felt comfortable just being his pendant sometimes. Just having him handle things and following. Though sometimes, she rather was in charge. It varried, really. Today, it was a follow day. Until now, at least.

17333702_233702650427860_5043568572295544832_n.jpg

Lissa stared down at her inbox for a few moments before huffing angrily, locking the screen and shoving the device into her back pocket. Really, she wasn't angry at Calvin. She was still angry at her mom. The walk would give her plenty of time to cool off, but she didn't doubt that they would know something had happened. They were a knowing group of people, and though she may not admit it out loud, sometimes that was exactly what she needed. Her bandmates weren't pushy people, and they didn't pry, but she could easily get lost in their music and forget all of her troubles.

Already feeling a little better, she looked up from the sidewalk. With a new pep in her step, she adjusted her backpack and increased her speed, wanting to get to Calvin's quickly. He didn't live far from her, but far enough that a brisk walk would give her her exercise for the day. With her boots clomping down the sidewalk, she wished she'd grabbed her headphones before leaving. She remembered vividly that they were sitting on her desk, waiting for her. But her mom had made her so frazzled that she hadn't even looked twice at them.

Ah, whatever. Reaching up to run a hand through her pink hair, she rounded the corner, and saw Calvin's house up ahead. Rawly's van was in the driveway, and she wondered if they were the only two there. Increasing her speed yet again to a light jog, she skidded to a halt in front of his house, spotting two out of the other four members. "Hey!" She called out, her horrible mood mostly forgotten. She made her way up the drive, into the garage where she slid her backpack off her shoulders, and onto the floor. "Chicken number 5, reporting for duty." She smirked in Calvin's direction, her smirk changing to more of a smile as she looked at Rawly. "Where are the others?"

Tags: Calvin ( Ridge Ridge ); Rawly ( taliaangeni taliaangeni )

Code by apolla apolla

Lissa stared down at her inbox for a few moments before huffing angrily, locking the screen and shoving the device into her back pocket. Really, she wasn't angry at Calvin. She was still angry at her mom. The walk would give her plenty of time to cool off, but she didn't doubt that they would know something had happened. They were a knowing group of people, and though she may not admit it out loud, sometimes that was exactly what she needed. Her bandmates weren't pushy people, and they didn't pry, but she could easily get lost in their music and forget all of her troubles.

Already feeling a little better, she looked up from the sidewalk. With a new pep in her step, she adjusted her backpack and increased her speed, wanting to get to Calvin's quickly. He didn't live far from her, but far enough that a brisk walk would give her her exercise for the day. With her boots clomping down the sidewalk, she wished she'd grabbed her headphones before leaving. She remembered vividly that they were sitting on her desk, waiting for her. But her mom had made her so frazzled that she hadn't even looked twice at them.

Ah, whatever. Reaching up to run a hand through her pink hair, she rounded the corner, and saw Calvin's house up ahead. Rawly's van was in the driveway, and she wondered if they were the only two there. Increasing her speed yet again to a light jog, she skidded to a halt in front of his house, spotting two out of the other four members. "Hey!" She called out, her horrible mood mostly forgotten. She made her way up the drive, into the garage where she slid her backpack off her shoulders, and onto the floor. "Chicken number 5, reporting for duty." She smirked in Calvin's direction, her smirk changing to more of a smile as she looked at Rawly. "Where are the others?"

superthumb.jpg

Calvin Titan
Feeling
: Happy
Outfit:
love me baby
Mentions:
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof apolla apolla Life. Life. taliaangeni taliaangeni
Calvin glanced down at his phone as began to buzz none stop with the messages back from his friends. His lips circled into a smile for the first few until Finn called him by that annoying nickname he always hated. Rolling his eyes, his fingers flicked across the screen before a certain name popped up. Rawly. Filled with butterflies in his stomach, Calvin quickly straightened up his clothing as he began typing up the garage.

While the time went quickly, he heard the rattle ad pop of a vehicle pull up outside, knowing exactly he it was he grinned to himself. Seeing the dreadlocked guy walk up his smirk beamed before he opened his arms for a hug, but slipped past him before giving Bessy a pat. “You’re lookin’ rather sparkly Bessy, someone been treating you good.” Grinning at Rawly, he walked up to him before giving him a hug. “Only kidding, nice to see you!”

After a few moments another person arrived. One who would either be in a bad mood or a good one. Calvin hoped for he later. When Melissa mentioned the chickens Cal couldn’t helped but put on a wicked smirk to match hers. “And how glorious your feathers are looking today Mel.” He winked before looking around and shrugging to her question. “Who knows with those guys.”

Finnegan Redmond
Hearing the first comment that popped out of Michelle's mouth as soon as she woke up caused Finnegan to choke on a piece of bacon he was currently chewing on. Even though his body was panicking, the boy was mainly laughing and coughing at the same time. His face turned slightly red from the short episode but he managed to drown the piece with the juice he had right beside him. Finn listened as she tried to recover herself from the odd remark, his eyes simply shining with laughter. "I didn't want to disturb your beauty sleep. We did party hard last night," he gestured his hand over to the Jenga blocks. Finn nodded as Michelle listed her activities and then proceeded to follow them.

At the same time that she was preparing herself, Finn finished his food, picked up the empty dishes from her room, cleaned the dishes, utilized the extra bathroom in the house for his hygienic purposes, and lastly changed into a new pair of clothes. Finn keeps a few change of outfits at Michelle's house due to the frequency he stayed. Today he decided to go with jeans, tshirt, and a flannel shirt on top. Just as he finished, Michelle was ready as well.

"Alright let's head out to Cal's place then," Finn reached over to Michelle's nightstand to grab his car keys.

While Finn may have some form of transportation, it was not in the best of condition. But it still managed to get Finn to places. The drive over to Cal's wasn't too long, but on foot it would have taken about double the time considering all the stoplights they needed to pass through. As he drove up towards his buddy's place, Finn spotted a familiar purple van parked already. "Rawly's there, and how much ya wanna bet that Melissa is there as well? Seems like we're the last to arrive. Oh well, like they say, save the best for last!" The red-hair boy parked the car on the street in front of Calvin's house and stepped right out. But before he ascended the driveway up to his garage, Finn walked around to the back of his car and popped the trunk open, pulling out his bass that was in its case.

Once acquiring his instrument, Finn made his way up to the garage and placed his guitar down before dramatically tackling Calvin into a hug. "Oh dear Callie how I've missed you!" Finn said with his voice in a higher pitch to convey the humor of his words. He laughed right after he pulled away from his embrace. Finn didn't forget about the others as he turned over to Rawly and then to Melissa, "What's up guys? I see that you two have also fallen into Calvin's trap of rehearsal. The cruel man making us work to death."

Thomas-Brodie-Sangster-thomas-sangster-38714272-352-500.jpg
beat_up_car_1453326446_800x600.jpg

Ridge Ridge
taliaangeni taliaangeni
apolla apolla

Rawly

Rawly was opening his arms to recieve the hug when Cal slipped passed him. Confused and mouth dropping, he turned to follow the guy who was patting Bessy. Rawly's mouth snapped shut as he smirked at Cal. "You're a funny guy. Real funny." Rawly returned his friends hug but said, "Only kidding, huh?" His right hand went to his chest where it covered his heart. "I'm hurt but at least I know if anything happens to me Bessy will always be taken care of."

It was then that Lissa made her appearance. "The others?" His brow rose in question. "I dunno. I thought it was Calvin's job to keep herd of everyone."

As they were waiting for the last two people to show, Rawly went back out to Bessy to gather his keyboard. It was almost always in his van. One never knew when inspiration would spark. He was heading back to the garage when he heard a car behind him. It was Finn and Michelle. He heaved the heavy keyboard on his shoulder as he waved at the pair before heading back. No idea if they actually saw him.

He was setting up when they finally came in. Finn rushed over to Cal and gave him a hug and called him Callie. Rawly didn't much like those interactions. Maybe it had something to do with the dream from earlier. Brushing the thoughts away, Rawly said, "Cal's traps are deadly."

Ridge Ridge
apolla apolla
Life. Life.

Michelle was silent during the car ride, as they were listening to music. When they arrived, Michelle spotted a familiar vehicle, but Finnegan had just pointed that out with a little remark, making her chuckle and nod slightly. Then, he got out, got his guitar case with his bass guitar and went to greet the others. Michelle however waited a little before she followed. Taking in the image of her friends and especially the one that had just joined them. After a little moment of appreciation, she opened the door and went to the trunk herself, getting her guitar case out. Inside, all her pride, her most important property. Despite the, granted, not little, material value, the personal value was unspeakable. A guitar, overdrawn with stickers. Cities, bands and other trips Michelle had taken. Each sticker, a memory.

With her case in hand, she came up from behind the car, walking to join her friends. They were all in their mingle, in their conversation. Michelle wanted to get involved. But she didnt want to disrupt their flow. So, she decided to be subtle about it. With a small wave, she almost inaudibly whispered a "Hey guys...", drawin the attention of the whole 2 inches around her towards her with that outburst. Everybody further away would have to have looked at her to even have noticed she spoke. Michelle didnt know why she was so shy around her friends, but she just didnt want to do anything wrong. She could somewhat never get rid of that, unless she was alone with her mother or Finn.

Lissa's smirk quickly turned into a grin at Calvin's own smirk and comment about her feathers. If she were a chicken, or some animal with feathers, she might have preened at the comment. Instead she just shook her head and bent over to unzip her bookbag, sliding out one of the notebooks with papers sticking out in every direction. She was grateful she didn't have to worry about keeping up with the other band members paperwork; she'd lose it in a heartbeat. Casting a sideways glance at Calvin and Rawly, her smile softened. She was grateful for the two of them too-- and, of course, Finn and Michelle.

They were her family, people that cared about her when she thought no one else in the world would. If only Luke could have met them. The thought always made her sad; he would have loved them, and loved the fact that she was in a band period. He was always more open than their parents, and definitely more caring. Now that she was nineteen-- and the youngest of the band at that-- she could express herself pretty freely without worries of repercussion. But she still wanted to get the hell out of her parents house, the sooner the better.

Standing straight again, she glanced over just as Finn and Michelle were arriving, and Rawly was making his way back up the drive with his keyboard. "Hey!" She greeted the two newcomers, noting how Michelle stood apart from the rest of the group, her voice soft as she said a quick 'hey guys'. At first, Lissa thought she was stuck up, but the more she got to know her the more she realized she was really sweet. She sent the girl a smile just for her and then moved to sit on the couch, crossing her legs underneath of her. "Work, work, work, that's all we do. All work and no play."

Tags: Calvin ( Ridge Ridge ); Rawly ( taliaangeni taliaangeni ); Finn ( Life. Life. ); Michelle ( The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof )

Code by apolla apolla

Lissa's smirk quickly turned into a grin at Calvin's own smirk and comment about her feathers. If she were a chicken, or some animal with feathers, she might have preened at the comment. Instead she just shook her head and bent over to unzip her bookbag, sliding out one of the notebooks with papers sticking out in every direction. She was grateful she didn't have to worry about keeping up with the other band members paperwork; she'd lose it in a heartbeat. Casting a sideways glance at Calvin and Rawly, her smile softened. She was grateful for the two of them too-- and, of course, Finn and Michelle.

They were her family, people that cared about her when she thought no one else in the world would. If only Luke could have met them. The thought always made her sad; he would have loved them, and loved the fact that she was in a band period. He was always more open than their parents, and definitely more caring. Now that she was nineteen-- and the youngest of the band at that-- she could express herself pretty freely without worries of repercussion. But she still wanted to get the hell out of her parents house, the sooner the better.

Standing straight again, she glanced over just as Finn and Michelle were arriving, and Rawly was making his way back up the drive with his keyboard. "Hey!" She greeted the two newcomers, noting how Michelle stood apart from the rest of the group, her voice soft as she said a quick 'hey guys'. At first, Lissa thought she was stuck up, but the more she got to know her the more she realized she was really sweet. She sent the girl a smile just for her and then moved to sit on the couch, crossing her legs underneath of her. "Work, work, work, that's all we do. All work and no play."

Tags: Calvin ( Ridge Ridge ); Rawly ( taliaangeni taliaangeni ); Finn ( Life. Life. ); Michelle ( The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof )

superthumb.jpg

Calvin Titan
Feeling
: Happy and tired
Outfit:
love me baby
Mentions:

Calvins grin grew wider and wider and he heard his best mates voice echo behind him. Turning to find arms welcoming a hug her took hold squeezing tightly. "Oh Finny, what would I do without you." He chuckled through his words. He hated the name Callie, but he knew how much Finn dislikes Finny too. They were the real jokers when together, and that's what Calvin loved about him. But his eyes scrunched up about the rehearsal comment. "Hey, you want us to do good? Gotta put in the work lazy bones." Rolling his eyes but still with a smile on his face he looked to Rawly. "They might be deadly, but they sure are sexy!" Calvin began to do a funny little dance, not really trying but it was amusing to himself at least.

When he noticed that Michelle had joined he gave his usual comforting smile with shinning white teeth glowing through. "Look a little tired there? You two stayed up again didn't you." Sighing in an over dramatic way he gave the deadly disappointing Calvin look to both Finn and Michelle. Unable to hold it for long he put his hands on his hips before looking to Lissa. She was right in a sense, Cal had been herding them over and over again to practice lately without much of a break. It wasn't really fair but he wanted them to do well. They had such a good sound it would be a shame if it went to waste. Especially Calvins drumming skills, well perhaps not, but he liked to think so in his own head.

Shrugging slightly he looked round the group before shaking his head. "I know it's hard work, but we have to right? Nothing come free without hard work you know." He winked at Lissa before poking her on the shoulder. "I mean, we're good. Not to brag, but we are."

Finnegan Redmond
Calvin was quick to retort back with his nickname for Finn, Finny. Just as Callie irked Calvin, Finny bothered Finn. But they both always said it in friendly gesture, so there was never true annoyance from Finn if Cal ever called him that. It just showed how close they are. Rawly and Melissa had both returned comments about rehearsal and Finn simply nodded to both, although he held a smirk with Rawly's words. His smirk turned into a giggling grin once he heard Calvin describing his traps as 'sexy'. "How can traps be sexy Calvin? Ah you're such a goof," Finn laughed.

His eyes then looked over once he saw Michelle standing there. He could tell from her body language that she still wasn't completely comfortable to jump in. With a soft smile Finn walked over and took his place to stand with Michelle, he even decided to make her his arm rest by crossing his arms on top of her head and resting his head on top of them. "Aw Michelle you make for the perfect armrest," Finn teased. The boy wasn't placing too much weight onto her head, but if he felt a slight movement indicating discomfort from the girl, he would be quick to remove his arms off her head.

Calvin then reasoned Melissa's comment of constantly working. Even though Calvin raised a good point about the need to rehearse, Melissa brought an opposing point as well that held some truth to it. At this point it felt like all work, and not so much play. This got Finn's brain working to set up a joke, "All work, and no play eh? You're right about that Melissa. But you are valid as well Calvin in that we may be good but we could always use the practice. Oh but if only we could venture out and practice elsewhere. You know like in those dramas where the band or the group grows closer together with each other and their art over a retreat? Let us find our inner selves and become one with nature. Perhaps all we need to do is go camping and we'll become the best band out there!" As he spoke out his teasing words about the common dramas he's watched, Finn took a step back from his spot behind Michelle and waved his arms around in a dramatic manner as a way to enhance his poetic speech. "A beautiful idea, isn't it?" Finn asked sarcastically.

Ridge Ridge
taliaangeni taliaangeni
apolla apolla

Rawly

Rawly couldn't control the outburst of laughter that escaped him when Cal started dancing. "You're such a dork." He was in fact the most adorable dork Rawly had ever seen. His mind automatically went back to the dream and not wanting a tent in his pants he bit the inside of his lower lip until it bled.

He heard a hey guys and nodded in Michelle's direction. Michelle and he were polite enough with each other but he didn't feel as close to her as some of the other members. She was very reserved, and Rawly realized he was being a hypocrite since he was an introvert himself, but he needed people to make an effort. He himself tried to make an effort when in public talking to strangers.

"I love music." Rawly pulled a chair over to his keyboard after setting it up. "I don't consider this work or hard or even practice." He shrugged. His family was born into music and swore up they all knew how to play a particular instrument before they could even walk. Rawly was the same way.

Rawly sat at the keyboard, fingers running gently over the keys. As Finn talked about the camping idea, Rawly didn't think it was a bad idea. His family did that all the time. Of course there was nudity involved. This was the best idea today. He stood quickly, almost knocking over the keyboard and yelled, "Bessy will get us there!" He kicked the chair back, ignoring it when it fell over, and ran over to Finn. He clasped the guys shoulders and looked into his eyes. "Best idea ever, dude!" He turned to the others, hands on hips. "This will work! We'll be one with nature and letting the music flow from us." He probably looked crazy but he gave no fucks at the moment.

Ridge Ridge
apolla apolla
Life. Life.

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven...

Reggie sat up, blurry-eyed, letting the music play a few moments before sliding her finger across her phone to turn it off. She was most certainly not a morning person, but she had things to take care of, and she would sooner do them now then late at night. She slid from her light covers to stand in the floor, a yawn escaping her as she arched backwards in an attempt to wake her muscles.

The morning routine went by in a blur, and soon Reggie was sitting at the small breakfast table, freshly-washed hair frizzing around her face in clumps and her laptop open before her. She held a mug of steaming tea and adjusted the thick glasses on her nose before opening the email. There were a few new messages, which were mostly spam, but one caught her eye. It was titled simply "Invite", and it was from a man whose name she didn't recognize. Her dark eyes skimmed over the contents, at first with a bored look, but as she continued to read, her eyes grew wider, and she set her mug on the glass table with a light thud.

"Your band... Invited... Golden Noise Festival... Perform... Three weeks..." Reggie sat back, dumbfounded. It couldn't be - this was more spam. With a quick Google search, however, her tentative hopes were secured. This man, Leon Kenton, was the supervisor for a three-day music festival, which was featuring many huge artists, and her band had just been invited. From what the man said, one of his scouts had been looking for small bands to invite, and he had apparently attended one of their small gigs.

This was - more than anything - Reggie jumped from the chair, gulping down scalding tea as she searched for her shoes by the door. She shrugged on a light jacket and left the mug in the kitchen as she grabbed her keys and phone. They needed to know, and right now. A text wasn't going to cut it, either. Reggie didn't always attend their practices, as she had other things to do, but this was more important than anything that had ever happened to them.

They were at Calvin's place, if she was reading the group text correctly, so she sent them all a quick text as she hopped into her car, telling them she had something important that couldn't wait. She fringed the speed limit, probably looking like a madwoman, and made it to the house in record time. It seemed as though almost everyone was there, and she hopped from her car, hot-faced and disorganized, which was an odd look for her.

Waving her phone in the air, she approached the group in a half-run, her face spread in a huge smile. "You'll never guess - come on, guess. It's incredible. I mean..." Without waiting for answers, she blurted, "We've just been invited to the Golden Noise Festival out west. Like, a spot in their show. To perform."

Ridge Ridge
taliaangeni taliaangeni
Life. Life.
apolla apolla

Lissa watched Calvin and Finn greet each other, a small smile on her face still. They were all like family, and it was a much better family than the one she'd just left back at her house. She did feel welcome here, with any of them, but there were times where the bad feelings would take over and she couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. They'd told her numerous times that they were all just a phone call away, but... it was hard letting go of the demons inside of you, when they would hold you when no one else would.

Lissa practically jumped out of her skin when she felt Calvin poke her, but she quickly relaxed and grinned back at him. "We are good." She agreed, leaning back against the couch. Finn spoke then, and she stuck her tongue out at Calvin as Finn agreed with her, but when he kept talking her head jerked in his direction. "You wanna get in touch with nature?" She knew he was being sarcastic, but it was funny nonetheless. She didn't mind nature, just... she didn't like the things that lived in nature. Spiders, bugs, bees... not her thing. She glanced up at Michelle muttered something, and then ran off. "Guess she just quit."

Rawly stood up then, so quickly he almost knocked over his keyboard. "Oh, no." Lissa shook her head. "Now you wanna get in touch with nature? Don't you guys remember what happened when I saw that spider on stage?" She winced at the memory, but luckily no one had the time to answer before a car pulled up behind Finn's, and their manager hopped out. At how disorganized she looked, Lissa raised an eyebrow. "You okay?" Her question was barely heard as Reggie struggled to get out what she was trying to say.

"What?" At her words, Lissa stood up too, excitement written all over her features. "That is so much better than camping!" She looked over at Rawly, eyeing him for a moment. "We're still going, aren't we?"

Tags: Calvin ( Ridge Ridge ); Rawly ( taliaangeni taliaangeni ); Finn ( Life. Life. ); Reggie ( boo. boo. )

Code by apolla apolla

Lissa watched Calvin and Finn greet each other, a small smile on her face still. They were all like family, and it was a much better family than the one she'd just left back at her house. She did feel welcome here, with any of them, but there were times where the bad feelings would take over and she couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. They'd told her numerous times that they were all just a phone call away, but... it was hard letting go of the demons inside of you, when they would hold you when no one else would.

Lissa practically jumped out of her skin when she felt Calvin poke her, but she quickly relaxed and grinned back at him. "We are good." She agreed, leaning back against the couch. Finn spoke then, and she stuck her tongue out at Calvin as Finn agreed with her, but when he kept talking her head jerked in his direction. "You wanna get in touch with nature?" She knew he was being sarcastic, but it was funny nonetheless. She didn't mind nature, just... she didn't like the things that lived in nature. Spiders, bugs, bees... not her thing. She glanced up at Michelle muttered something, and then ran off. "Guess she just quit."

Rawly stood up then, so quickly he almost knocked over his keyboard. "Oh, no." Lissa shook her head. "Now you wanna get in touch with nature? Don't you guys remember what happened when I saw that spider on stage?" She winced at the memory, but luckily no one had the time to answer before a car pulled up behind Finn's, and their manager hopped out. At how disorganized she looked, Lissa raised an eyebrow. "You okay?" Her question was barely heard as Reggie struggled to get out what she was trying to say.

"What?" At her words, Lissa stood up too, excitement written all over her features. "That is so much better than camping!" She looked over at Rawly, eyeing him for a moment. "We're still going, aren't we?"

Spencer's sleeping body rolled over in her bed and promptly hit the floor with a loud thump. The brunette cursed and sat up shakily, rubbing at her head in pain. A small chime on the night stand that was now above her caught Spencer's attention. A hand reached up and blindly fumbled around for the offending device. When her hand came in contact with the slick face of her cellphone she grabbed it and pulled it out in front of her. A text message from Reggie, stating some important news that she held, and another from-

"Shit!"

Spencer shot up from her spot on the ground and hastily unplugged her phone and threw it on the bed while she blew around the room attempting to get dressed. Band practice. Spencer had no idea how she'd forgotten yet here she was. Green eyes were hidden from the world momentarily while Spencer hastily pulled a black t-shirt over her head. Skinny jeans replaced her pajama pants and the converse she wore yesterday were pulled over her feet.

"Your shirt's on backward, sprout." Her dad's voice came from the doorway with slight amusement lilting it. Spencer turned to see him leaning against the door frame with a lopsided smirk almost identical to hers gracing his face. Spencer looked down at her shirt and sighed, promptly turning away from her dad and fixing the thing. When she turned back around her dad was chuckling and shaking his head.

"Shut up. I'm late." Spencer blew past him and down the hallway. The living room came into her vision and she went over toward the table by the door to grab her keys. They were not there. Great. "For real?" Spencer began flying around the room, turning things over, and making a general mess looking for her keys.

"Looking for these?" Spencer looked up to see her dad holding her keys in one hand with her guitar hanging from his shoulder. Sheepishly, she plucked the keys from his hand and he handed her the guitar case seconds later, "Don't drive more than ninety." He dipped his head and placed a kiss squarely on Spencer's forehead, "See ya, sprout."

With a wave, Spencer was out the door and climbing into her truck and only a few minutes after that she was pulling up to Calvin's house and crashing into the garage, almost falling into Rawly's keyboard in the process.

"I am here!" She proclaimed, out of breath, "I may or may not have stayed up playing Monopoly with my dad until three." Spencer pulled her guitar case off her shoulders and sat it carefully on the ground and pulled the inside of it out. Ready to go, she turned to everyone else with a grin.

Ridge Ridge
boo. boo.
apolla apolla
taliaangeni taliaangeni
Life. Life.

Finnegan Redmond
Finn was expecting soft chuckles and comments on how ridiculous the idea was, but the red-head had forgotten about his dear friend's hippy ways, as Finn calls it. So when he felt the grip of Rawly's hands on his shoulders and saw the bright intensity of enthusiasm in the boy's eyes he could tell that there was no turning back now. It wasn't like Finn was totally against the idea, but he did recall about Melissa's previous encounters of spiders. She herself was already bringing it up. But everyone in the garage knew at this point there was no other answer that Rawly was going to listen to.

Soon Finn was finding himself catching along to Rawly's enthusiasm. Which came all in good time as the last members of the band appeared, Reggie and Spencer. Out of breath, their band manager came with some more exciting news. "The Golden Noise Festival? Oh man! This is awesome!" his eyes looked over to Melissa as she asked Rawly a question with an obvious answer. Finn decided to insert his own answer to the question, "Why not still go? This gives us an opportunity as a new experience to practice for the festival. It's time we step up our game. Plus there's still time for us to camp before the event. I'd like to go out and play as the sun rises and falls."

The bassist walked over to Spencer and wrapped an arm around her, "I bet even Spence here will agree to going. Right Spence?" Finn didn't explain the details to the guitarist but he felt that the outgoing gal would readily answer yes to the request of camping. "What days would be a good time to go? Rawly you've more than likely gone camping more than all of us combined here so what are your recommendations in preparing for the trip?"

Ridge Ridge
taliaangeni taliaangeni
apolla apolla
boo. boo.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Reggie, still panting, slapped a hand on Spencer's shoulder as she approached. They were like a family, all of them, but she was glad to see many of them still possessed good relationships with their parents and siblings. A happy personal life led to a happy band, in her opinion. There was nothing worse than trying to write music with a bunch of angsty teens. This group, here, had grown together the past few months and had expanded their roots to intertwine with each other. It really was an amazing thing to see which life-changing relationships being formed before her eyes.

But as she separated herself from the guitarist, Reggie furrowed her brows at the mention of a trip. "Wait - camping? You guys want to go camping?" She shook her head, black clumps of hair bouncing with her. "We've got stuff to do. I mean, I've gotta book hotels, rent a trailer for our stuff, and arrange a practice time on-stage. And - do you even have a song prepared? Like an original song? And a good one?"

Reggie combed a hand through her hair, then crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Sorry, I don't wanna be a stick in the mud, but I... No, that's selfish. You... You should go. I'll stay here, get everything around, and you guys write a bomb-ass song. Blow me away. I just... I dunno if I can handle all this."

Dealing with stress had always come easy to Reggie, but now that something real had come up, she felt strangely underprepared. Her heart felt like it was going a million miles an hour, and her brain was racing from thought to thought.

Noivian Noivian
taliaangeni taliaangeni
apolla apolla
Life. Life.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Rawly

The announcement of festival was almost ruined when Spencer very nearly collided with his keyboard. His hands went from his hips to head to grip his dreadlocks as his eyes almost bulged from his head. The alarm he felt flashed clearly over his face. Just as quickly as the platform had tilted it sat firmly on the ground again. He'd had that keyboard for a very long time and wasn't looking to replace it.

When the life threatening situation over, Rawly honed back into the conversation. The festival. Right. He could already feel a bit of nerves weaving their thorny thoughts through his head. Was everyone looking at him? Was he going to make a giant fool of himself on the keyboard? Was he going to ruin their shot of stardom by forgetting the keys? Rawly would put the news on the back burner and focus on the now. Camping.

Catching onto Finn's question Rawly said," Yeah, I've been a time or two." His family went camping about as much as they showered. A lot. Preparation? He didn't think now was the time to explain that most of the camping trips were to nudist places. "Ah, just, you know, tents, cooking supplies and all that good stuff."

Lissa turned around when she heard Spencer's arrival, her eyes widening at the prospect of the girl running into Rawly's keyboard. Luckily she managed not to collide with it, and then she turned to grin at everyone in a very Spencer like way. Shaking her head, Lissa sank back down onto the couch, pulling her legs up to tuck underneath of her body. Finn easily caught onto Rawly's excitement about camping, making Lissa groan, but before she could say anything else, Reggie started talking about what they had to do to prepare for the Festival.

"Not go camping?" Lissa asked hopefully, casting a sheepish grin in Rawly's direction. Realizing Reggie was trying to get out of it, the pink haired girl shook her head. "If she doesn't go, I'm not going." She pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. Rawly started talking about his times camping, and what to take, and Lissa glanced over at him without moving her head, her pout fading after a moment. "When would you guys even wanna leave? I don't even think I own a sleeping bag..."

Tags: Rawly ( taliaangeni taliaangeni ); Finn ( Life. Life. ); Reggie ( boo. boo. ); Spencer ( KingofAesir KingofAesir )

Code by apolla apolla

Lissa turned around when she heard Spencer's arrival, her eyes widening at the prospect of the girl running into Rawly's keyboard. Luckily she managed not to collide with it, and then she turned to grin at everyone in a very Spencer like way. Shaking her head, Lissa sank back down onto the couch, pulling her legs up to tuck underneath of her body. Finn easily caught onto Rawly's excitement about camping, making Lissa groan, but before she could say anything else, Reggie started talking about what they had to do to prepare for the Festival.

"Not go camping?" Lissa asked hopefully, casting a sheepish grin in Rawly's direction. Realizing Reggie was trying to get out of it, the pink haired girl shook her head. "If she doesn't go, I'm not going." She pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. Rawly started talking about his times camping, and what to take, and Lissa glanced over at him without moving her head, her pout fading after a moment. "When would you guys even wanna leave? I don't even think I own a sleeping bag..."

The moments that elapsed after Spencer came crashing into the garage were filled with chatter about some camping trip and a festival. Finn had wrapped an arm around her shoulders and bet that she would agree to going. Reggie was the next to place a hand on her shoulder and then separate to start freaking out about this proposed camping trip that Spencer knew nothing about.

"Wait, what-" Rawly was talking again before Spencer could get the quiet sentence out of her mouth. He seemed to be the most excited about the prospect of camping and, to be honest, Spencer wasn't surprised by this. Rawly was exactly the type of guy that would love being outside with nature. Lissa, it seemed, did not want to go camping. She cut herself out of the trip by saying she wasn't going if Reggie wasn't. That made Spencer's mind about about the whole thing as well.

"Sorry, Finn. I'm not about the be the only girl. I spend to much time with my dad as it is, I'd end up murdering all three of you." She patted Finn's arm around her shoulder.

apolla apolla
taliaangeni taliaangeni
boo. boo.
Ridge Ridge
Life. Life.

Last edited:
Finnegan Redmond
At first Finn was watching his bandmates intently with eager eyes. Reggie was the first to reject the idea. "Was that a pun intended?" Finn chuckled as he noticed the band manager's choice of words with 'stick in the mud'. It was fine though if Reggie didn't want to come. She was usually busy so Finn didn't want to push her onto the bandwagon. His eyes continued to shine as he listened to Rawly's answer. So just the usual objects that most people recommend to bring onto camping. That shouldn't be too hard for Finn to find such things.

But soon his enthusiasm began to die down as he heard Lissa voice out her rejection. Which was then followed after with Spencer. "Wait what?" Finn pulled away from the guitarist then, "Aw come on. Y'all don't wanna go? I'm sure we can find some inspiration out in the woods to write an original." Even though Finn had started it out as a joke, he now wanted to go more than anything. After all it was an opportunity for a new adventure.

"Well I mean we could go to a hot springs maybe? Or a nice campground? Maybe one that has cabins?" the ginger boy was starting to whine out excuses like a child desperate to get what he wants. "A change of pace could probably help us with our practice. With the festival, we're gonna have to be ten times better than we are now. I want to fill our venue. I want our band to be the talk of the festival. I want people to remember us and feel the love we have for our music. Don't you guys want this too?" Finn knew he was playing dirty by trying to guilt them a bit, but he wanted to get out of town.

taliaangeni taliaangeni
apolla apolla
boo. boo.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back