• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Main Thread: Farewell to Kings

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
A jagged scowl came across Lautrec's face and he firmly gripped his sword's handle, ready to draw on the cleric at a second's notice. Izry was close and behind him, but she let information go that he didn't want this inquisitor to know. He let out a hiss.

"It always starts with questions, and next thing you'll be locking half the city up in cages over roaring bonfires. I have nothing to say to the likes of you. The inquisition office deserves to be forgotten by history just like the vampire scourge."

Varkis gave a small chuckle. "Easy there, dhampir, we don't want to do anything that might cause such a tragedy." he had a small grin on his face as he gestured to the dhampir's hand on his sword. "Forgotten or not we are still very real and protect the people from disasters that are much worse." He defended then smiled again" Now why don't we go to the tavern and get you a drink, so you can relax a bit, and answer some questions of mine. Should only take an hour or so. You can even bring your tiefling friend here."

Last edited:
Pete smiled at the bard and nodded. "For folks of our stature, a bear is as terrible as a danger gets without being magically affected. I've fought a couple vampires, slew a nightstalker, and had the pleasure of fleeing from a red drake. Oof, that was a terrible day. Anyways, if you're looking for adventures, ye may find them with us. Those two are curious and a bit reckless at times, but they're good men."
"No doubt they are, as are you. I should think I am after a bit of adventure. It's a family tradition to compose song and ballad about great happenings, an adventure certainly is a great happening!" Tilbon was a Meadowflower, and the Meadowflowers were bards at his home village. The "great happenings" at the village were the such of births and weddings, but out in the wide open world... great happenings were on quite a grander scale.

Izry gripped Latrec's shoulder a little
"P-please n-no violence...theres no need w-were both travelers here...no need for aggression"

((I just wanna take a second to tell all of you that you're awesome, and I'm very happy at everyone's dedication to keeping this rp active.))

Varkis gave a small chuckle. "Easy there, dhampir, we don't want to do anything that might cause such a tragedy." he had a small grin on his face as he gestured to the dhampir's hand on his sword. "Forgotten or not we are still very real and protect the people from disasters that are much worse." He defended then smiled again" Now why don't we go to the tavern and get you a drink, so you can relax a bit, and answer some questions of mine. Should only take an hour or so. You can even bring your tiefling friend here."
Izry gripped Latrec's shoulder a little
"P-please n-no violence...theres no need w-were both travelers here...no need for aggression"

Lautrec let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Sure, if protecting people means torture and imprisonment. All for the greater good, right? The only thing I love more than hunting is spilling the blood of hypocrites." He was about ready to draw his blade when he felt Izry tugging at him and pleading for him not to fight. This girl... sooner or later she was going to be involved in conflict, and he wondered how he'd be able to protect her against it all. Eventually she'd be left to defend herself, which he could only imagine ending badly.

"Alright. I'll give you one hour. Luckily for you, we were headed to the tavern anyway." Lautrec said and released the tight grip he had on his weapon. "For now, just call me Alucard."

"No doubt they are, as are you. I should think I am after a bit of adventure. It's a family tradition to compose song and ballad about great happenings, an adventure certainly is a great happening!" Tilbon was a Meadowflower, and the Meadowflowers were bards at his home village. The "great happenings" at the village were the such of births and weddings, but out in the wide open world... great happenings were on quite a grander scale.

Pete nodded. After finishing his drink, he reached into his knapsack and pulled out a piece of torn cloth. He unfurled it and showed what was drawn on it to Tilbon. It was an image of a medallion with a crescent moon etched into it. There was also a diamond shape in the direct center of it.

"Right now we're on a treasure hunt. This is called the Elven Crescent Medallion. It was an artifact used in rituals where circles of mages would call down spirits of war, or so the old man who told us to seek it says. Have you heard anything about it?"

Last edited:
Varkis smiled again. "Splended," he said looking at them both. He gestured for them to lead the way. Varkis didn't really like going to the tavern there was always trouble coming from and being built there. But it was a safe place for his questions and allowed his victims to feel safe for a short time.

((Most welcome, it's been super fun ^_^))
Izry walked with the two, feeling uneasy as she could sense the tension between the Damphyre and the inquisitor

[
Pete nodded. After finishing his drink, he reached into his knapsack and pulled out a piece of torn cloth. He unfurled it and showed what was drawn on it to Tilbon. It was an image of a medallion with a crescent moon etched into it. There was also a diamond shape in the direct center of it.

"Right now we're on a treasure hunt. This is called the Elven Crescent Medallion. It was an artifact used in rituals where circles of mages would call down spirits of war, or so the old man who told us to seek it says. Have you heard anything about it?"
((Sorry I've taken so long! Please forgive me.))

Tilbon frowned. "I know a song of it, but little to its truth."

[
((Sorry I've taken so long! Please forgive me.))

Tilbon frowned. "I know a song of it, but little to its truth."

((It's okay! You won't be thrown to the raptors yet :P ))

Pete frowned and folded the cloth back into his bag. "I was hoping for a bit of insight. I don't trust elves or the spells they weave. Part of me thinks this medallion is more trouble than its worth, but the boys think its a good excuse to go treasure hunting. The world has a lot of eager young men these days, and not much for them to do. A damn shame humans don't have more mines for them to dig. Ye' never see a dwarf with idle hands back home, that's for sure."

The doors opened suddenly, and the tall mysterious frame of Lautrec stood there for a moment before stepping in. The joy in the room seemed to die the second he walked in. People looked at his face and saw a blurry memory of the First Age, when vampires stalked the shadows. People started leaving the tavern again, just as Dillon and Lang returned with hands full of ale mugs.

"Hey, where did the fun people go?" Lang asked, then was shushed by his brother. Lautrec's eyes scanned the tavern, then he walked towards the bar and sat down. Izry and Varkis had to be close behind him.

"Look at that sword, he's got to be something else." Lang mused.
"The girl with him is a cute little thing." Dillon smirked and took a drink.
"Aye, but that fellow with them looks serious. I don't think they're friends." Pete added, looking to Tilbon for his comment.

((It's okay! You won't be thrown to the raptors yet :P ))

Pete frowned and folded the cloth back into his bag. "I was hoping for a bit of insight. I don't trust elves or the spells they weave. Part of me thinks this medallion is more trouble than its worth, but the boys think its a good excuse to go treasure hunting. The world has a lot of eager young men these days, and not much for them to do. A damn shame humans don't have more mines for them to dig. Ye' never see a dwarf with idle hands back home, that's for sure."

The doors opened suddenly, and the tall mysterious frame of Lautrec stood there for a moment before stepping in. The joy in the room seemed to die the second he walked in. People looked at his face and saw a blurry memory of the First Age, when vampires stalked the shadows. People started leaving the tavern again, just as Dillon and Lang returned with hands full of ale mugs.

"Hey, where did the fun people go?" Lang asked, then was shushed by his brother. Lautrec's eyes scanned the tavern, then he walked towards the bar and sat down. Izry and Varkis had to be close behind him.

"Look at that sword, he's got to be something else." Lang mused.
"The girl with him is a cute little thing." Dillon smirked and took a drink.
"Aye, but that fellow with them looks serious. I don't think they're friends." Pete added, looking to Tilbon for his comment.
"One of them looks to be an inquisitor, and I know the tall fellow's a dhampir; we were on the same ship. This can't end well." He shifted uneasily and tried to look preoccupied, though he had his undivided attention on the trio. Only Mitra know's if Tilbon concealed his stare well enough.

Varkis grinned at the stench of the tavern. He diffidently felt out of place. He preferred the Temple halls of Mitra but in order to do his job he had to follow this dhampir. He looked around at those in the tavern he held up his Mitra medallion "this is official Church business, don't get involved" he warned to those left in the tavern.

Izry looked around a bit, normally she would have welcomed the site of a warm place for food and drink but with the arrival of the inquisitor and the unwelcome looks form curious onlookers she shifted a bit. She wanted to not get involved but after the kindness that Lautrec had shown her she felt it would be a insult to the Damphyre with only the company of this strange man

"M-mr m-may I ask what you want my friend here for? H-has he done something to upset you?"

Izry looked around a bit, normally she would have welcomed the site of a warm place for food and drink but with the arrival of the inquisitor and the unwelcome looks form curious onlookers she shifted a bit. She wanted to not get involved but after the kindness that Lautrec had shown her she felt it would be a insult to the Damphyre with only the company of this strange man

"M-mr m-may I ask what you want my friend here for? H-has he done something to upset you?"

Varkis gave a smile. "Nothing to me my dear, but those that I work for have a large interest in the one they call Lautrec. I'm just here to get some answers that have been long waiting to be solved."

The dwarves shifted uncomfortably, opting to stick their faces in their mugs and stay out of this. Though they were listening very intently.

Lautrec shrugged and eyed the inquisitor. “Well I don’t know this Lautrec, but if I did, I’d probably want to mind my own business. No point in bothering people who’ve done nothing wrong, right?”

The bartender turned a little meekly towards them and asked if either of them wanted to buy something.

The dwarves shifted uncomfortably, opting to stick their faces in their mugs and stay out of this. Though they were listening very intently.
Tilbon could only agree that the dwarves had the right idea, and so stuck his face into his own mug too.

Izry bit her lip a bit hearing Lautrec, obviously not wanting to have the inquisitor know who he was.
"U-umm I-if it's alright I-i'm going to go sit down"

"Well being the son of Lord Dracula himself, problems seem to follow..." he paused for a moment. "always." he turned toward Lautrec "I know you wouldn't go against your kind, but I have ways to get information."

Izry bit her lip a bit hearing Lautrec, obviously not wanting to have the inquisitor know who he was.
"U-umm I-if it's alright I-i'm going to go sit down"
Lautrec nodded and gestured for her to find a seat at one of the tables so she wouldn’t be directly involved in this interrogation.

"Well being the son of Lord Dracula himself, problems seem to follow..." he paused for a moment. "always." he turned toward Lautrec "I know you wouldn't go against your kind, but I have ways to get information."

“My kind?” He asked with a surprised and annoyed inflection.

“I’ve probably been killing vampires longer than you’ve been alive! I’ve killed dhampir who never knew something was wrong with tasting blood of man. I believed it was right, and maybe it was for the greater good, or maybe I just didn’t want to see more folk that reminded me of what I am. You clearly don’t know much about the duality of this wretched life, so I suggest staying far from Lautrec the Ashen.”

Last edited:
Varkis gave a small grin. The dhampir mentioning the name was just what he needed. "so you do know him then?," Varkis smiled again. "You can't change who you are my friend dhampir or not you know something about Lautrec the... Ashen? was it? Yes, why don't you tell me more about this Lautrec then. once you do then I will be out of your hair. It's quite simple really."

Lautrec growled under his breath. “If you’re looking for stories, go talk to that halfling over there. He probably knows as much as I do. I know him from that song “The Ashen One at the Gates of Doom”. The heroes think he’s a villain but in the end he helps them defeat the dark lord.”

Lautrec growled under his breath. “If you’re looking for stories, go talk to that halfling over there. He probably knows as much as I do. I know him from that song “The Ashen One at the Gates of Doom”. The heroes think he’s a villain but in the end he helps them defeat the dark lord.”
Tilbon followed Lautrec's hand and almost chocked as he pointed at him; he certainly didn't want to deal with an Inquisitor. He continued to drink even as he gagged on the amber beverage, pretending not to have heard anything, or even noticed them entering the tavern.

Varkis looked over at the Bard smiled then turned back to Lautrec. He sighed, "Look dhampir, I just need a little information here to locate this Lautrec friend of yours and you won't ever see me again." he took a drink of his water flask tied to his belt. "You think I like hunting your kind down? I would much rather leave you alone. But I have a job to do and an oath to fulfill. So can you tell me were this Lautrec is or do I have to get the help of the town guards to through you in chains until you do? I'm tired of playing the nice guy, and you have tested my patience." he tied the flask back to his belt. "So what will it be?"

Though Tilbon had little conversation with the dhampir on the ship or elsewhere, he felt a sort of kinship for him nonetheless and, sensing that he was between a sticky situation and a worse one, decided to intervene on his behalf. He perked up from his glass, suddenly becoming vividly aware of his surroundings, and called out to Father Varkis: "Did you just say Lautrec? as in Lautrec the Ashen?"

"Why yes! I know a great many songs about him! In fact, I've had the fortune to meet him a couple of times, including here just a few hours past. He told me, in his low baritone voice, that he was going to make a trip a few miles east of here to the village of Nothrik; word has it a great troll is terrorising the place, and so he's going to put it down. He left soon after our conversation, though."

Varkis narrowed his eyes at the Bard "I hope you not lying to me Bard. I have a simple spell that can make sure you aren't. I don't like games." Varkis looked into the Bards eyes as he spoke. "Also lying to a priest is very bad luck on your part."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back