Main Story [Kingslayer Arc]

Elizabeth “Libby” Tuck and Russel Lefton
Collaboration Post with Athena

Pre-Bomb

“You do?!” Libby inquired of the new boy who had been dropped off in front of both herself and Ryos as the poison dragon slayer set her back onto her own two feet. She reached up and tipped her hat to him softly, with a smile glued to her face which may have seemed slightly out of place given what she had just witnessed. However, Libby was easily distracted so it made sense. “My guildmate Aedon gave it to me. It’s the hat of authority!” There was a lot of pride in her statement.

Russel nodded to her, smirking a bit. “Then that must make you the one in charge around here,” he commented, his eyes flickering up to the violet eyed man who stood behind Libby. “Well, I’m glad to see that someone knows how to greet a member of the most fabulous guild around.” He was clearly trying to imply that Libby was of more authority than Ryos. “I’m Russel,” he offered her his hand.

Libby took the hand that was offered to her, shaking it a bit too aggressively out of excitement. “You really think I’m in charge?” her gaze drifted back to Ryos for a moment, slightly concerned that he would object although if he did, Libby never heard it. She turned her gaze back to Russel and nodded, “Yes, I am in charge! I’m Libby!” She declared her name exuberantly.

“Libby, huh?” Russel seemed to consider her name for a moment, toying with the sound of it.

Libby nodded again. “Mhm. Well… technically my name is Elizabeth but…” she sighed for a moment, “nobody ever really calls me that.”

Russel widened his eyes for a moment. “Elizabeth? Hmm… I think that’s much prettier,” he commented. “Blue Pegasus always strives to be beautiful. Is it ok if I call you Elizabeth?”

Libby nodded her head up and down really quickly, seemingly excited. “Sure! But…” she held out the word for a bit longer than necessary, “…only if you’ll agree to be my buddy ok? Ryos is my buddy. And so is Aedon and Fermata and Misty and Alyssa…” She stopped listing names after a moment.

Russel chuckled a bit. “Of course!” He beamed brightly at her.

Sadly, any conversation they would have proceeded to have was cut short by a loud sound, a bright flash of light and a glimmer of heat that even reached its way out to them on the outskirts of the city. The explosion that had consumed the Blue Pegasus guild hall was noticeable even that far away and both of the two young mages took a hesitant step closer to Ryos as soon as they both began to comprehend what was happening.

Post-Bomb

Stay with Russel, Libby. Those had been Libby’s exact instructions from Ryos before he took off running towards the explosion, refusing to bring her along with him. Libby had tried to object, she had tried to convince Ryos to let her come along, she had even whined that she was a mage of Lamia Scale and that she had been on missions so there was no reason for him to leave her behind, but none of it had worked in the end.

However, just because Ryos had instructed Libby to stay with Russel did not mean that Russel was under any obligation at all to stay on the outskirts of town where they had been standing. Libby had tried to convince him to follow Ryos with her and Russel hadn’t argued for a single second. That had been his home that he saw go up in fire, and Russel wasn’t just going to stand by and wait for someone else to tell him what happened to it. “Want a ride?” Russel offered, activating his flying shoes as they allowed him to hover just above the ground. “We’ll get there faster this way.”

Libby nodded and consented to letting Russel pick her up.

Russel flew behind her and hooked both of his arms underneath Libby’s arms, using his little strength and the force his winged shoes could generate to pick her up off of the ground before the pair of young mages started flying towards the Blue Pegasus guild hall – the guild hall that no longer existed.

Unfortunately, things would not be as easy as just flying there. Even as Russel had picked Libby up, Libby had begun to feel her body slip out of reality and while they were in the air, she cried, “Um… Russel… I’m slipping!” It wasn’t really that she was slipping, though. Her intangibility magic was kicking in and she literally fell through Russel’s hold on her, tumbling to the ground as she rolled straight into a rock which would no doubt give her a black eye later on.

Russel stopped the moment he realized he was no longer holding on to Libby in his arms and he turned around and flew back to her as fast as he could. “Are you ok!?” he quickly spat out the question, obviously both confused and concerned.

Libby pushed herself back onto her feet, blinking her eye painfully a few times before she replied, “Yeah. I think so…” A quick glance at her feet confirmed that she wasn’t sinking which was definitely a positive thing. “I’m sorry. I’m… I’m just really really bad at my magic.” The words sounded distraught.

Russel bursted into laughter. “S’alright! I don’t even know what my magic is. I know I got it, but I dunno what it is. I just stick to my shoes for now.” He hovered in the air a bit again, showing off briefly before he landed again and offered her his hand. “It would be rude to leave you behind so I guess we’ll walk, ok?”

Libby took his hand and immediately started walking alongside Russel Lefton. “Ok!”

At the Bomb Site

“What happened!?” Surprisingly, Russel’s voice was the first one to flood with shock at the site of everything. His jaw dropped and as they arrived at the spot where the entrance to the guild hall used to be, Russel’s knees buckled beneath him. “It used… it used to be r-right here. It… no! It c-can’t be g-gone. It can’t be.”

As soon as Russel fell to the ground, Libby stopped walking almost right away, dropping his hand as she put her own hand on his shoulder instead, trying to be comforting. Libby tried to think of what it would be like if Lamia Scale ever got destroyed, but she winced at the thought and sent it away, unable to bear the pain of it. “It’s… o…” Libby stopped herself, realizing that she had been about to say it was ok. It wasn’t ok. There was nothing she could say to make it ok.

Russel’s own hand flew up to Libby’s hand on his shoulder, holding it there because he didn’t want to be alone. His other hand covered his face, concealing his tears although his incessant sobbing was obvious as he sniffled over and over again.

There was nothing else Libby could do. She just wrapped her arms around Russel, kneeling next to him.

And there they sat. Two young teenage mages… crying and comforting each other in the aftermath of an explosion that had destroyed the home of one of the two of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wyatt Verlock and Cipher

Collaboration with:

@Mad Prince of Sanity

Wyatt could tell when the explosion was about to go off, not because of the light or even the heat, but because it had been his timer in the first place. He knew his own creations better than anyone else and there was no way something was going to happen without him knowing about it. That being said, Wyatt called into the room he was guarding just as the teleportation spell began to take effect. “Hey kiddo! Guess you won’t be needed afterall! Good for you!” It wasn’t clear whether he was joking or being serious; he was just being Wyatt.

The cyborg man allowed his takeover to fizzle down to just his leg within the exact moment that their bodies vanished, leaving him simple flesh and bone aside from one mechanical limb.

Cipher could feel Malakai coming a solid second or two before the man threw his punch, erecting a wall of crystal between him and the charging Carbon Juggernaut. Only to have the wall smashed through and a powerful punch crack him in the side of the jaw, not making any dents in his armor, but infuriating him to no end. Though, as the S-class mage countered his attempts at apprehending his enemies, he could only smile as the energy used in conjuring those chains was returned tenfold thanks to him staying in the field for so long willingly.

However, Cipher began to feel an odd tingling sensation throughout his body, and his field vanished. “I see….” Cipher then released the tension from his body and now stood calmly as he began to dissipate, meeting the eyes of Adrianne and Malakai with a small, knowing smile, “Enjoy each-other’s company while you can… Damsels in distress are hard to come by these days.”

A second later, Cipher found himself standing before Tempest once again, and merely gave a small nod at her. He had not bothered saying anything at the Guild Hall, though now he turned his attention to Wyatt with something very much approaching an inquisitive tilt of the head. “I HAD been meaning to ask how effective this bomb of yours would be, but… well… let’s just say I KNOW how effective it was now. Well done.”

Wyatt turned and gave a courteous nod to Cipher, not quite smiling at the compliment although he probably should have been. “It was one of the biggest I’ve ever built,” he commented. “Although, honestly, I’m not one for admiring my own explosions. They’re… boring. I can do things that are so much more interesting and I’m very curious to see what Miss Tempest has to offer.” His gaze quickly shifted from Cipher back to their colleague.

Cipher wasn’t fazed by the man’s lack of interest in his own work both thinking and speaking that “If one does something enough, it eventually becomes…. common for them.” His gaze shifted down to the lacrima in his hand briefly, a pensive expression on his face “No matter… how unnatural it may be….” He then moved his gaze back up to the assembled cohorts present, his armor still entirely encasing him and he didn’t even really seem to notice, or possibly care. He was ready to follow through to the next task planned for him, regardless of what it may be.

@AllHailDago @Lexielai @Red Thunder @Stormborn Targaryen

Malakai Grave

“Ya ok?” the girl had asked him as they were left in the remnants of an explosion that seemed so massive he couldn’t even begin to comprehend it just yet. “No breaks or tears?”

Malakai watched as Adrianne collapsed and he reached out to catch her. He didn’t hold her; he merely lowered her to the ground far more gently than gravity would’ve brought her there. “Yeah, I’m alright. I’d be more concerned about myself if I were you,” Malakai commented. “You must’ve used up a lot of magic energy and it doesn’t help that the other guy was draining it. Are you going to be ok?”

Before Malakai was entirely able to get an answer, though, another person ran over - a child, by Malakai’s definition and he was fairly certain no one would disagree with him in that regard. She seemed to be concerned for the woman Malakai had been conversing with and Malakai watched as the child placed her hands on Adrianne and then proceeded to collapse herself. Sighing, Malakai made sure Adrianne was sitting before he took his hands off of her. “Think you can handle her?” Malakai inquired, presuming that it wouldn’t be that difficult of a task. “Because I’d like to have a look around. Something clearly went wrong and I’d like to know more.”

Noting that another man walked over, Malakai nodded to Drake and decided that the three of them would be well enough off without him so he proceeded to walk closer to the site of the explosion while keeping his eyes open for anything interesting. The Quatro Cerberus mage noted a bunch of movement over by where the Blue Pegasus guild hall once stood so he decided to make his way that way and see what there was to find. It seemed a group of mages had ventured into the basement and Malakai followed them down.

He passed by Dusty, Olive and Master Gregory Maximillion Victoria on his way in deeper, and he gave each of them a brief nod although he was still curious to see what might lie at the end of the tunnel. However, when he got there, Malakai had to be a bit disappointed. There was nothing of note; just the collapsed remains of a once fabulous guild hall. He saw two mages working on digging out people who had been trapped - most of them guildmasters if Malakai was recognizing faces correctly - and as his eyes scanned the area, he saw another familiar face. “Cujo!” He was slightly surprised to see his own guildmaster reduced to such a state and as Malakai made his way over to the buried man, he hardened his own body as he reached underneath a platform to remove it. Even Malakai had to grunt at the effort although the end result was an uncrushed guildmaster.

“What happened down here?” Malakai knew that in Cujo’s current state, answering questions was unlikely, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t ask it anyway.

@BLUR @Red Thunder @Peaceswore @Ivory Witch

Soren Peres

In the midst of all the chaos that had erupted in the guild, Soren had merely decided to take on the role of an observer. He watched, learning all that he could from all the different spells people were callously throwing around and he tried to pick out people who seemed to be of interest. He didn’t approach them; he didn’t say anything. However, his eyes had remained ever watchful.

Until the explosion. Soren had felt the heat of the expanding energy and he had seen the bright flash of light. Those two things alone were enough for him to activate his teleportation circle which transported him to the very outskirts of the city; he went that far because he had no idea how immense the explosion would be. And then, from the outskirts, he watched it because there was really nothing else for him to do. Seeing its rapid expansion end, Soren quickly teleported back, well aware that he would certainly find people who needed help - that, or he would find dead bodies.

Surprisingly, Soren found neither when he arrived at the explosion site. Plenty of mages were up and walking around which seemed extremely out of place. Something had happened. Soren didn’t know what, though. Scanning the area, his eyes fell upon a guildmate and Soren teleported to Light’s side. “How exactly are people still alive?” he asked.

@Hales

JAMKE DAIN (Lamia Scale)

The trailing curls of slicing snow were both racing to meet each other, attempting to snap the jaws shut on the dark figure standing upon the stage. The blistering cold trails of water were accompanied by growing elements of water caught in Light's powerful winds. Jamke would have thanked the woman if he wasn't so busy, their powers seeming to have great resonance. The elemental attack had jumped in scale so quickly to a full fledged assault that Jamke was starting to think they could overwhelm their opponent before he released any more demons. No matter how powerful someone is, being caught unawares could make someone vulnerable... especially if they were focused on another attack. Then his snow evaporated in an instant as the room was engulfed in a sudden blaze of heat and light. Jamke's eyes widened as they attempted to swivel, only for him to be blinded and crushed as his shadow was cast long behind him.

Jamke's arms raced to cover his face but he was soon lying on his back staring up at the ceiling, his arms frozen in their guard over his face. The moments in between were blank in his mind, leaving him somewhat disoriented amidst the unfamiliar remains of the once proud city. He slowly lowered the limbs, noticing a few light bruises trailed his skin. His hands ran over his eyes to erase the thin lair of sweat that had gathered atop his skin. While it had dissipated to a degree, there was still an uncomfortable weight that he couldn't ignore. "If heat's my main concern, then there was something off with that explosion. Was it an illusion? Did someone shield us? Or were we teleported out?" he pondered as he glanced around for the other injured mages. The extent of the damage was severe and he felt a brief surge of sympathy for all those who had lost their homes... and possibly their lives in the explosion.

A small voice calling out caught his attention, drawing him towards his exceed comrade. "Sarafina, I'm over here!" he called out as he started walking towards her. Light's voice had also come through, indicating they were all in the same area at least. He took off moving to find her voice but a worrying thought occurred to him. Libby and Ryos were likely safely out of range. Light and Sarafina were okay and Alyssa was definitely strong enough to survive if someone like him had pulled through. However, he hadn't seen a certain pair of piercing golden eyes that had been on his mind lately. An optimistic man would say that was a good sign that the person hadn't been caught in the explosion but Jamke wasn't so sure. Just as he walked up to his tiny comrade, he found himself cupping his mouth and calling out, "Xanthi, are you there?!"

@shadowdude505 @Hales @Nutter @BLUR

Sarafina the Exceed

Sarafina's expression lit up as she heard Light's voice and saw him walking up to her. The Exceed broke into a run to close the cap and stopped beside him. "That was crazy! What was that? The Blue Pegasus Guildhall is gone!" Sarafina said quickly. "I feel like my ears should still be ringing. I wonder where Jamke...Oh, hey Jamke. Have you seen any of the others?...Guess not..."

Sarafina jumped back in surprise as Soren teleported beside Light. Her look of shock quickly changed to a smirk. "Magic, obviously," she retorted even though she hadn't been asked. "We don't have time to think about the how. We need to regroup with the others and find those Crime Sorciere creeps."

@Hales @Stormborn Targaryen @utdfan22

Gurren Simon

Gurren seemed to relax a little after Olive found him. "Her?" he asked. "The Kingslayer." He couldn't think of anyone else that the Guildmasters would be after. He started to follow Olive. Gurren occasionally glanced at Olive with sympathetic eyes as they made their way toward the destroyed guildhall. He only lost comrades in the fight against the Kingslayer and Crime Sorciere. Olive lost her comrades and her home.

Gurren was close behind Olive as she made her way into the basement of her home. Once down there he saw the Blue Pegasus Guildmaster and one of her guildmates. Gurren hadn't formally met the other Blue Pegasus members and was thinking of introducing himself when he noticed Olive knelt on the floor crying. He crouched down beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Gurren tenderly left his hand on Olive's shoulder for a couple seconds before standing up. He grit his teeth and clenched his right fist. Flames flickered around his fist as he let his anger burn. "We fight," he said with a steely gaze. "Where did those Crime Sorciere bastards go?"

@DaughterofAthena @Refaulted @BLUR

EIN SILVERHAND

Just as Ein was walking towards his next two opponents, he saw flashing light from the corner of his eyes. The light got stronger and stronger until it was blinding. Ein immediately knew what it was but it was too late. His senses were starting to get overloaded. A sharp screeching, ringing noise started entering his ears. Everything faded to white.

“You okay?” said a soft, comforting voice.

Ein could slowly make out a different sound that was drowned out amidst the ringing. It was clearly someone's voice. It was unintelligible at first. Was he dead?

“Come on, Ein,” it sounded again.

Slowly, Ein could see a silhouette. The whiteness was slowly disappearing and he was slowly able to see what was around him. After quickly realizing what was happening, Ein felt a quick jolt and sat up immediately. Seeing who was beside him, Ein quickly facepalmed. It was her.

“I hope your brain hasn’t turned to goo from being a creep to all those poor girls yet, playboy.” she said

Ein glanced at her without responding. She can sure keep a grudge. He's long stopped that habit. Not that she would believe him though. Ein sighed before scratching his head out of annoyance. He was particularly annoyed that she was the one commenting about this. Changing that was a conscious effort, one that she unknowingly influenced. Despite that, Ein was glad. He was glad that he got to see her. Ein quickly recomposed himself.

"I'm glad you finally decide to turn up, Hikari." he wamly told her.

"What-Where are we?" he asked, though he didn't expect an immediate answer. He looked at their surroundings. Debris, rubble, destruction. Ein had a pained look as he stood up and dusted himself off. He quickly surmised what happened. "I guess this one was on me." he said apologetically. Ein knew that they couldn't stop now though. "So where's the rest? Where to next?" he asked his guild master.

@Lexielai

Ohtori & Usagi Tsukikono

Was it a dream? Not even moments ago it seemed like she was crying her eyes out. Now, well. Now it was just black. Almost like an eternal blackness. There was a faint pinging though. Trying to listen to it she couldn't make out what it was. A voice? Ambient noise? No. It was like a pulse, or maybe a crunch. A crunch? Footsteps! Someone was coming. She needed to get up. She needed to get up now!!

Her eyes shot open and she gasped for air. Breathing was hard for a second, but quickly lightened. Red and puffy, her cheeks were a little rosey and sore. Tori rolled to her side then using an arm to prop herself up, she saw it was Lynn asking if everyone was OK. But she was OK and somehow a weight lifted off her heart. With a light sigh, and a smile she went to say 'Yes we are' but before she even got started, her mouth just hung open as she stared at the destruction. "Oh..." She barely sputtered, "Oh my god."

Tori sat up. Her body ached and hurt everywhere but why? All they did what run. What the hell just happened. While looking around her body, seeing rubble and everything just gone, she finally realized that Bunny was behind her, still unconscious. "Bunny!!" She cried hoarsely. Turning over, she crawled as fast as she could to her sister. The debris cutting and scrapping her hands and knees. The pain was nothing compared to her sister.

Grabbing her by the shoulders, Tori shook her lightly. "Bunny" she pleded. Shaking her a little stronger this time. Tori's breathing got more rapid as she started to panic. Her head lowered and pressed against Bunny's chest. She was still breathing and her heart was definitely still beating. Tori raised her head back up and immediately shook her violently this time, still to no effect.

After everything that happened, and she couldn't lose her sister now. She just couldn't.

Turning back to Lynn, nearly on the verge of tears once again; stumbling in her words, fighting to hold in her emotions, "Sh.. she won't wa..."She choked up, "Wake u...up."

@shadowdude505 @AllHailDago

Adrianne Harrow

Malakai lowered Adrianne to the ground, saving her pride and her tailbone. “You must’ve used up a lot of magic energy and it doesn’t help that the other guy was draining it. Are you going to be ok?”

She smiled, grateful for the catch. And perhaps a little embarrassed. "Thanks. I-"

“Adrianne! Are you ok!?” But Millie sprinted up, followed soon after by Drake Silver, bearing some unfortunate soul on his back. Adrianne sighed, relieved: it was good to see them alive and reasonably well. Suddenly the small mage looked closely at the Seer. “You’re not ok, are you?” Millie didn’t even wait for an answer, though, before she cast her spell. “I cast the blessing of stamina.”

"Millie!" Adrianne protested, but the deed was done. She began to feel strength in her limbs again; nothing like enough to fight again anytime soon, certainly, but enough to get around. And to hold children. The young girl dropped heavily into Adrianne's lap, falling into a grateful hug. "Thanks, honey."

Standing near them, Drake shook his head, apparently ambivalent to his burden. "How are you holding up? Think you are going to kick the bucket soon?" But Adrianne glowered up at him. "Keep your trap shut, Silver. She's done great, and she'll be just fine."

She gave Drake another stern look, but turned at the sound of Malakai's sigh. Yeah, the Ravens were probably a bit much if you weren't used to it, and the young man was likely getting impatient. Having ensured that Adrianne was seated securely, he let go of her. “Think you can handle her? Because I’d like to have a look around. Something clearly went wrong and I’d like to know more.”

Adrianne nodded. "We can handle ourselves. Thanks, though, Malakai. I appreciate the help, both with that woman and with...anyway, best of luck." She smiled a goodbye and watched with a strange look in her eye as he dashed off. Only after he was a fair distance away did she look at Drake. "Now let's see about getting these two some help, yeah?"

Without waiting for a reply, the Seer stood with a grunt from the effort of lifting her featherlight burden and began making her way through the rubble towards the hospital.

@Peaceswore @Ivory Witch @Stormborn Targaryen

Alicia Spearheart and Knight-Commander Bloome

The blue dome faded into nothingness as the strip of paper that Bloome had slammed to the ground disintegrated. Alicia rubbed her eye, still seeing spots on her vision from the intensity of the explosion. Where the rest of the guild was devastated, there was a perfect circle of preserved marble floor where they stood. She then glanced at Bloome as he straightened, quirking an eyebrow at him.

"I didn't know you had magic, Bloome. Or such fast reflexes."

The man shrugged, wiping sweat from his brow and smoothing his mustache.

"Magic? I don't. That was someone else's." He reached into a pocket and produced another strip of paper to show Alicia. Rectangular, glowing a faint gold and inscribed with crystalline ink.

"Lacrima-Paper." Bloome explained. "Mages store spells in them. They only have one use each, but the Rune-Knights will take every advantage we can get. That one had a blast of Nullification magic."

He tucked the paper back into his pocket.

"Ishgar-Hunters are issued them as standard. How else are they supposed to bring down S-class Dark-mages?"

Alicia frowned and her eyes narrowed.

"You're an Ishgar Hunter?"

"No, but if you put this many mages in one place the Council would be fools not to take precautions."

"Huh. I suppose they would be."

Alicia glanced around. There were bodies; plenty of them, half visible under the rubble. Already a few surviving mages had arrived on the scene to sift through the rubble. Where the Auditorium had once been Alicia could see the hole in the floor leading to the basement where the guild-masters had descended.

"We should check that the Guild-masters are okay."

Alicia strode across the rubble, struggling slightly in the high heels of her boots to find decent purchase.

"Want me to carry you?" Bloome offered.

Alicia glanced over her shoulder and scowled. Bloome was only a few paces behind her, arms outstretched to catch her if she slipped. He seemed to be only half-joking.

"Touch me and you'll regret it."

"Fair enough, Ms Spearheart. Suppose chivalry really is dead."

They moved in silence for a moment before reaching the edge of the hole reading to the basement. Alicia sat down on the ledge and slid herself over, dropping to the basement floor with a soft thud of boots on stone. Bloome followed, simply stepping off the lip and bending his knees slightly to absorb the landing. Alicia waited for him, then made her way forward, eyes scanning for movement. Despite the intensity of the explosion she doubted that the Guildmasters were dead; they were too tough to be put down by some bomb.

Then, just up ahead, Alicia caught sight of Dusty and Olive standing over a fallen body who, as she and Bloome drew closer, was Master Gregory.

"Dusty, Olive, Master Greg." She greeted them, her voice low and soft. "Glad you're still alive."

Alicia paused when she drew level with Dusty's shoulder, looking down at Master Gregory. He seemed to be in a bad way, but Dusty had done what he could, even though he eyes looked dead. Looking across at Olive, Alicia could see that she was crying. The only eye Alicia had left was quite dry.

"This is how the Kingslayer did it." Alicia glanced over her shoulder. Bloome stood a short distance away, nudging a pile of mangled machinery with the tip of his boot. "A bomb. She must have had co-conspirators plant it while she put on that show upstairs."

"She has Crime Sorciere, an entire guild of criminals. It would have been easy." Alicia shrugged. "I suppose she wanted to kill as many of us as she could. They certainly managed to take out most of the Council. Can you have the Rune-Knights put out a bounty on Kingslayer and Crime Sorciere? They need to be brought to justice for this."

Bloome grunted an affirmative, before turning to Olive, Dusty and Gregory.

"A Rune-Knight airship should be here soon. We'll load everyone up, take the wounded to the infirmary on board, and set course for Crocus." He glanced at Dusty. "How gravely is Master Gregory wounded? Do you think you can keep him stable for another ten minutes or so?"

As Bloome spoke to Dusty, Alicia approached Olive.

"Don't cry." Her voice was quiet. "The important thing is that you're alive. Blue Pegasus can carry on without a guild-hall. The guild lives in our family, not in bricks and mortar."

She made to rest a hand on Olive's shoulder, before thinking better of it. Her magic was psychometry; Alicia would rather not invite someone into her head unless she could avoid it.

"We'll rebuild. I promise you."

@Refaulted @BLUR @DaughterofAthena

Piper Alyss and Kyla Hivan

Collaboration with

@Kyra

Piper shook her head, slightly confused for a moment. She remembered a bright light and honestly, her first thought had been that Kyla had officially lost it for a moment or two. Blinking her eyes open, though, she quickly realized that that was not the case. While Kyla could create bright flashes of light, she could not create literal explosions and the destruction she was looking at was the result of a literal explosion. “Kyla?” she called out inquisitively, hoping that she hadn’t been separated from the child.

Only a few feet away, Kyla’s head poked up as she laid on her back in the rubble that surrounded them. She had the oddest smirk on her face as she chuckled slightly and if anyone saw her, they would immediately realize how odd Kyla really was. She had conserved the energy of the explosion, absorbing the bright flash of it and surrounding herself in coat of light which made her face impossible to distinguish. “Light!” She chuckled again, not really bothering to locate the source of where her name had been called from.

Although Kyla hadn’t directly responded, Piper had heard her. She had been around Kyla Hivan enough to know her voice wherever it sounded from and as Piper scrambled to her feet, she glanced down at her heels - they were broken which saddened her a bit. Well, barefoot it is, I guess. Piper shrugged before she walked over to Kyla, raising her arm to shield herself from the brilliance of light Kyla was emitting. “Kyla!” Piper snapped, magic flooding her voice. “No light!”

Kyla’s eyes met Piper’s for a second as her smirk seemed to disappear. Kyla released her hold on the light from the explosion and it seemed to fizzle up into the sky like sparkles; it was only after the light had been freed that a slight frown appeared on Kyla’s face for a moment. It didn’t last long though, before she outstretched her arms dramatically and proclaimed, “BOOM!”

Piper sighed before she nodded and held out her hand to Kyla. “Yes, Kyla. Things went ‘boom’.” She gestured for Kyla to walk over to her, slightly impatient in her actions as Piper realized she had no idea what to do next. Surely the guild mages didn’t intend on just moving on without drastic action. It was merely a question of whether her and Kyla ought to be a part of it. “Let’s go see if anyone has a plan yet. Then we’ll figure out what to do.”

Kyla nodded and grabbed Piper’s hand, consenting to be dragged along although her eyes were constantly taking in the sight of the remnants of the block after the bomb. She couldn’t keep her head still. While her head was spinning as it was, Kyla did eventually notice that Piper wasn’t wearing shoes anymore and Kyla froze, jerking her hand free of Piper’s only to point down at Piper’s feet. “No shoes!” She seemed overly delighted by the concept before the child took off her own shoes, deciding that she wanted to walk around in socks.

Piper sighed and picked Kyla up, not trusting Kyla to watch where she was walking. Only after that did the two of them make their way towards the other mages who seemed to be gathering around the site that used to hold the Blue Pegasus guild hall.

Olive Kittana

As Olive knelt beside Dusty and Master Gregory Maximillion Victoria, she didn’t even know what she was thinking. All the thoughts of everyone around her simply washed into her mind but before she could process them, it was like they hit a wall of emotions and they never quite entered her conscious thought. Thus, somewhere along the way, Olive had completely lost track of the fact that Gurren was following her.

When his hand landed on her shoulder, Olive flinched. It wasn’t a flinch at the activation of her psychometry; such a thing was not unfamiliar to her and she had shaken Gurren’s hand before so there was minimal shock with that. What surprised her was the fact that she hadn’t been prepared for it ahead of time. Usually, she could sense when someone was about to touch her, but this time Olive had been completely unprepared for it. Of course, the wall in her mind went down the moment he touched her, but that was besides the point.

At Gurren’s growl about fighting, Olive’s head jerked back to look at him, her red eyes flooded with fury and sadness at the same time. It didn’t blend well together, and it really didn’t match anything Gurren would remember about Olive. ”Fight?” Olive firmly objected. “My guildmaster can barely move! And we have no idea where they went…” Olive felt quite entirely helpless and she hated it.

Olive noticed Alicia walk down although she didn’t really acknowledge her guildmate outside of a simple nod. She listened in on Alicia’s conversation with Commander Bloome and if she had really been paying attention, Olive would’ve had a few more questions than the ones that immediately came to mind. And then when Alicia tried to comfort her, Olive shook her head. That’s not the point. It’s the mere fact that they would attack our home. Even Olive understood that to attack a person’s home was to intentionally break them, to weaken them for the remainder of the war that was to come.

Olive reached up and wiped away her tears, forcing herself to stop crying before she stood up and turned to look at Alicia and Commander Bloome. “We need to figure out why. Why they attacked us…” she explained. “If we don’t know why, then we have no way of predicting what will happen next. If they truly meant to kill us, surely we should anticipate that they’ll be back.” Olive was trying to offer whatever she could to help now.

Her attention focused directly on Commander Bloome after a moment as she plucked his name from his own head. “Commander Josef Bloome?” It was almost as though she meant to confirm his name even though she knew she wasn’t wrong. “I can help find survivors to make sure everyone gets on the airship once it arrives,” she offered. “I would also think that splitting some of the mages up might be wise. If we are all in one place still, it’s the same as begging for them to attack again, and I’m not fond of using our injured as bait.”

Even as Olive spoke, she knew she sounded ten times older than she really was and her mind dwelled within Commander Bloome’s mind to see if he made any judgments of her based on that fact. She knew a few things for sure, though. She wanted to learn more and she wanted to make sure they weren’t susceptible to another attack any time soon.

@Hellkite @shadowdude505

Ezekiel Vatés~

For a notable time, Ezekiel had been locked in a spar with one lesser demon. The sensory mage was truly amazed by its tenacity and intelligence; he was quite certain that he should've had the upper hand, considering his unmatched 'speed' and close-combat advantage, but the creature was absolutely intent on avoiding the killing blow. Not to mention, it's counter-attacks were quick; even if it failed to strike Ezekiel most times, its rate of recovery was remarkable, and exceedingly frustrating to overcome. It had come to a point where Ezekiel was fearful that his magic stamina might run dry, that it was only a matter of time before the creature would ultimately better him. His blade had kissed its flesh enough times to wear it down somewhat, but it was not enough, he knew this. He himself had sustained several gashes, painful and exhausting to bear all the same. The battle had come to a breathtaking end perhaps by pure chance, when the creature lashed out at Ezekiel in an attempt to snag him as he darted by its front. Its talons whistled past his chest plate by a bare inch, jagged claws slicing through the fluttering ends of his cloak like scissors through ribbon. Ezekiel seized the sudden opportunity to end his deadly dance, drawing to a sudden halt and driving his left dagger into the goblin's shoulder with a grimace. The force of the blow sent a tremor up his marred arm that seared his sore muscles, but Ezekiel acted with unhindered persistence; as the beast trembled under the moistened edge of his dagger, and made to return the attack with enraged vigor, Ezekiel drew up his second blade and slashed mercilessly across its throat, once, and in the aftermath of the goblin's shock, a second time, and a third.

Ezekiel felt the creature bristle and groan as it twitched and slumped beneath him, falling heavily and releasing his blade. The sensory mage attempted to calm his erratic breathing, looming before the fallen goblin in a kind of disbelieving wonder. He'd done it. It'd taken a while, but he managed to lay the creature to rest. How fortunate... His combative skills weren't too rusty, although--

Ezekiel flinched at the commotion that continued to rage on about him, remembering with a sudden self-abasement that he shouldn't be lingering idly, rather that he should continue to help where he could. He was hesitant to dive into another fight however. His wounds, while withstandable, were debilitating nonetheless, and so Ezekiel decided had a better chance at pairing up with Tommy in any future attempt to bring down another foe. This was a plan of action he would have committed himself to immediately, except...

Ezekiel lifted his blades with some effort, attempting to remain on guard, and searched the area with his soul magic as thoroughly as possible.

Where was Tommy exactly?

It as in the midst of searching the teeming horde of individuals, enemy and ally alike, for the one person he recognized, that the atmosphere about him fluctuated in such a way that Ezekiel found himself hesitating. He was not the only one, for he witnessed many battles about him grind to a stop, mages everywhere poised in great anticipation. The sensory mage immediately questioned as to what this was about, searching the area once more, not for his friend this time but for some kind of disruption. He discovered it suspended above him.

'Who is she...?' Ezekiel thought to himself, confused that this woman had garnered such attention, but feeling queasy about her looming presence all the same. This thought, seconds before he experienced some impending doom; Ezekiel had hardly moved from his spot when the world shattered into a fierce explosion, and from what he managed to determine via his sensory magic in that mere instant, would leave the masked man very, very confused in the near future.

~~~

Ezekiel woke up a while later, and his world was dark, as it always was upon waking. Perhaps it was the augmented blare of voices that returned to him his consciousness, or the pain that licked across the length of his body like flame, but Ezekiel was sure he would find no comfort in sleep. Stirring slightly, he attempted to shift himself with some effort and struggled; the ground, cold, hard and gritty beneath him, was unfamiliar, and it was with some uncertainty that Ezekiel attempted to think past his immense headache, to perceive the world around him...

...and upon doing so, he found he could not account for his surroundings in the least.

The sensory mage took in the sprawl of individuals about him, a fair majority of them strewn across the sooty ground among piles of rubble. He didn't entirely understand where he was, remembering with some effort that the last place he'd visited was definitely the extravagant Blue Pegasus guild-hall, and then compared this to the apparent wasteland he'd had the misfortune of waking up to, only to be rendered confused. Ezekiel attempted to better clear his mind, although this was a definite struggle, intent on piecing together the recent past in some pursuit for clarity. He recalled the meeting in its initiation, the sudden destruction that ensued, the relentless battle and his plight against the goblin. He remembered causing the creature's defeat and he remembered the green-haired woman that rose above the dust of battle. And then came the explosion, and Ezekiel...

Oh, he remembered.

In a split second of suspended omniscience, like that of a faster-than-light montage that dances before your eyes when watching a film, Ezekiel remembered that he had bore witness to
something. Time-wise, there was very little to recount... and that was putting aside how peculiar the sequence was to behold in the first place. Ezekiel trembled a little as he finally managed to raise himself on his elbows, splaying a hand over the flat of his mask in his attempt to recollect. First... had come the searing impact itself, the tell-tale signs of an explosion during the first stages of detonation. This he had registered as a dawning pain, the aftermath of which continued to plague his body now...

But he had not suffered the full brunt of the explosion, no. In fact, he'd hardly suffered a split second of it, surprisingly. Had what had arrived next not ensued, the last thing Ezekiel might have registered was the disintegration of his body, except he knew this was not the case. By some unknown means, Ezekiel remembered 'seeing' the outer world abruptly whipped out of perception; it did not vanish, it simply changed, in the sharpest and most dizzying flurry of movement. And yet in his attempt to comprehend the blur in its entirety, from point of departure to destination, it was no wonder the sensory mage felt as though his head would split, and that he'd fallen unconscious after its passing. The sensory deluge was much too great to absorb in too short a time, and Ezekiel was truly bemused as to whether he had indeed seen the world fly by in what seemed a fraction of a second, or if he was delusional and had imagined this. Even so, perhaps the mage had not considered the most pertinent aspect of this incident yet:

Just how in the world did it all happen...?

Ezekiel was quiet as he considered this, wanting answers, but in consideration of his immediate surroundings, there really was no point lingering on the inconsequential. There seemed even less of a reason for doing so, when above the surrounding din Ezekiel heard his name being called, and with some hesitation (but with great relief) the mage realized who was sounding for him.

"...Tommy," Ezekiel murmured to himself, before forcing himself onto his knees with purpose and shakily bringing himself to stand. The action brought to light how terribly he felt all over; his cloak needed to be mended, his skin was badly grazed in places and his left arm... Ezekiel pulled back some part of his cloak, gingerly touching the wet gash that marred his bicep. It stung painfully, but he'd have to see to it later. It did not help that his head was pounding, and the implementation of his magic (in having to concentrate) only exacerbated the ache, the image formed in his mind dizzying and hazy. Even so...

Ezekiel lifted his head, trying to focus in staying still, mindful of who he was searching for. When he found him, and he was glad to find him this time, Ezekiel started in Tommy's direction, a bit more careful than usual considering how sparing he was being with his magic. In walking, he could hardly recognize where he and the other mages had ended up after that battle, although considering the force of the explosion they each seemed microseconds from enduring, Ezekiel was unfortunately expecting the worst.

Putting this thought aside, the Silver Phoenix mage was relieved to have finally reached the man he was looking for; he reached out from behind, touching Tommy on the shoulder in a reassuring gesture. His companion's neat outfit was now charred and dusty, Ezekiel noticed.

"Tommy? I'm here, and I'm glad to see that you are too..."

Ezekiel managed something of a positive smile, simply a gratitude directed towards the fact that they were still alive at the very least, although this quickly faltered when he realised Tommy was hurt.

"But are you okay?" Ezekiel pressed, concerned. "Your arm, is it broken?"

Unsurprising, considering the extent of the destruction that had been wreaked. Ezekiel could not help but be worried though, for the both of them.

@Red Thunder

Caitlyn Alissa Malachi, Ohtori & Usagi Tsukikono, and Lynn Aquari

as collabed by AllHailDago, Kaine, and shadowdude505

Everything was a mess. One moment, Tori and Bunny were agreeing with her. They were nodding along with her affirmations that the situation would be fine. That their guild master, along with the others, would definitely win. After all, how could they not? The strongest mage Rose had known before coming here was Varren. And Lynn and the Guild Master killed him together. So they were stronger than him, and apparently there were dozens of mages that strong in the building. So what could happen?

But despite such a train of thought in Rose’s mind, for some reason Tori began to cry and apologize again, slowly walking away with her head down. Bunny followed slightly behind her. Rose knew that she’d been locked away for what had to be at least a couple years. But even with how long she’d suffered lack of socialization, she was pretty sure that was an odd reaction. She didn’t know how to react. She wanted to be able to comfort her, but she.. she just didn’t know how. How could she help?

Thankfully, kinda, she didn’t have to find a way to comfort her at that moment. But unfortunately that was due to the detonation of the bomb. She heard a deep, resonant tone and then there was just black. At least until she woke up. She blinked her eyes repeatedly and found she had to dig herself out from under several planks of wood. When she stood up, she was taken aback by the devastation. It appeared as if the entire neighborhood surrounding the guild was leveled. And the guild itself was pretty much gone.

Rose began hyperventilating as she tried to process what to do. She began searching for Tori or Bunny in a panic. Thankfully not only did Tori regain consciousness, but Lynn showed up within the same short time span. Tori found Bunny, who was still unconscious and began to freak out some. In all honesty, Rose didn’t blame her. Everything was going wrong. Wasn’t this supposed to be a normal guild meeting or something? Rose just looked at Lynn, a lost expression on her face. “What do we do, Lynn? I don’t know what to do,” she said as her eyes began to water.

We should regroup with the other wizards,” Lynn replied matter-of-factly. “They’re probably trying to figure things out as we speak.” She turned her attention to Tori and Bunny and noticed that Bunny hadn’t awoke yet. Lynn looked concerned. “She doesn’t look badly injured. Should I try splashing water on her face?” she asked Tori.

Listening to Lynn’s advice, she turned back. Her hand came up to Bunny’s cheek and she felt it first. It’s warmth reassuring, then she tapped it lightly. No response. Tapped it harder. Still nothing. In a slight fit on madness, sorrow and anxiety, she accidently slapped her sister pretty hard. Bunny’s whole body jolted slightly and she mumbled some words, “Noooo~ 5 mur mins siissshy.

Tori felt relieved, and happy and overjoyed that nothing was wrong, right up until the rage set in. The fact that she was worried sick and thought she lost something precious. Both her hands came up and gripped her little sister’s shoulders with an iron claw. Viciously, she shook Bunny to the brink of death. Bunny’s head bobbed lifelessly back and forth. The whiplash alone would leave her sore for a week.

Her eyes popped open and started to spin. Drool came out of her mouth, along with the strange noises she was making. Almost like being on a roller coaster with no end. Finally Tori stopped and pulled her in tightly, hugging her not as a sister, but almost like a mother. “I’m so, glad you’re OK.

Lynn smiled and seemed to lighten up a little after seeing Bunny was OK. “ doubt we have a lot of time to rest, we should get….,” she paused as she looked like she remembered something. “Rose, we didn’t get to filling your magic book yet have we? We should fix that before another round of fighting starts. What do you need me to do?

Rose was in the middle of giggling in relief as Bunny “regained consciousness”. She was glad to see she was not just ok, but somehow was basically sleeping. Like, how did she manage that? But when Lynn asked her about what she needed to do for filling her book she was taken by surprise. Little pinpoints of red appeared high on her cheeks as she reached into her jacket to retrieve her book.

She pulled it out and flipped open to the first page with a small smile. “That’d be great Lynn. Uhm, you just have to say the spell name and then use it for me to see. But uh… if you could keep the spells at C or lower levels that’d be best. I can’t use stuff above that without really draining and hurting myself.” She was quite happy and excited to be doing this with Lynn. She was tense and full of energy just thinking about it. She held a pencil at the ready at the top of the first page.

Tori and Bunny both had finally come to their senses. Standing up, she released her embrace of her sister, and wiped what little moisture was left from her eyes. She had done enough crying for today. Both of them moved closer to the girls as they spoke; Bunny next to Rose, Tori next to Lynn. Everyone looked dusty, dirty and bruised. Bunny yawned quietly, wiping her nose with the back of her hand. Tori, looking at Lynn, then at Rose, “What’s that?” she asked, pointing a finger at the book in Rose’s hand.

Rose was surprised when Bunny stepped up beside her, pressing against her. She stepped slightly away as to not be touching directly. She was surprised the sisters were curious about her book. “Well, uh. It’s my magic actually. I can write the names of spells I have seen in this book and the page fills in with the information on the spell and allows me to use it. I can only have twelve in here at a time though. So I have to pick them carefully. Although for now it’s empty.”

Bunny was still off in her sleepy world, Tori however was actually amused. This world housed so many types of Magic. Rose’s was yet another she had never heard of. Though when it came to her and her sister’s magic, she couldn’t say it was necessarily pleasant. Tori scratched the back of her neck lightly and kind of half laughed, “Least it doesn’t sound real complicated.” Pausing for a second she continued, “When we are done with this mess, I’ll have Bunny demonstrate for ya.

Rose was starting to brighten up and enjoy talking to Tori and Lynn. But when Tori said her magic didn’t seem that complicated her mood took a dive right off a cliff. She looked down and away from Tori, a deep set frown on her face. She must not know about Rose and what she went through or where she came from. It wasn’t her fault. Yet, for some reason the comment upset her more than she expected. She flashbacked to the facility. To the faces of the other members of her group who were now dead. To Varren, and the things he did to them when they failed to continue his experiments.

She reached her right hand across the back of the notebook, and set it on the wrapping around her left hand. Stroking lightly across the dead nerves out of habit. “It may not be ‘complicated’ but it’s not simple either.” Her tone was harsher than she would have expected upon coming out. She followed with a quick, “Sorry. Anyways that sounds nice. But for now, I believe Lynn was going to show me a spell or two.” She turned back to Lynn. “So, what do you have for me?”

Lynn held out a hand toward an empty portion of the alley. “This is called Water Blast," she said before firing a beam of water from her hand. The water from Lynn’s magic rabidly washed some of the debris out of the alley. “And this is Water Knuckle.” Lynn used her magic to make water rapidly flow around her hand. She punched the ground and left a fist sized dent. “What do you think?" she asked with a grin.

Rose watched in silent awe as Lynn used her Water Magic. It wasn’t exactly what many would call amazing or vastly special magic, but Rose just found herself enchanted each time she watched her use it. There was some kind of… elegance to it, even when it was being used to smash people. The fact that this was the magic that counteracted Varren’s and allowed their Master to kill him was also a factor she supposed.

She scribbled the names of each spell on the top of the first two pages of her book. As she did each page began to fill with bits of information on the spells. The top right corners of each slowly had a C materialize into existence upon them. She checked the bottom of the page and the weaknesses were just appearing, the last of the spells information. As one would expect a weakness to both electricity and ice were listed in the spells’ information.

She held the book in her right hand, and held her bandaged left hand forward in a fist. “Water Knuckle,” she said with enthusiasm. The book glowed and a warmth radiated in her right hand where it touched it. Water formed around her left hand with a sloshing sound, the rapid spinning quite amusing. She couldn’t feel it of course, but it was fun anyways. She punched a piece of debris nearby and cracks spread through it. She basically glowed out of happiness as she dispelled the magic.

A light fatigue set in, but it wasn’t near the level it was just a couple weeks ago when she was “training” with Varren. She attributed that to the fact she’d eaten and slept well in recent times. She turned to Lynn with a smile. “What do I think? I think it’s really cool is what I think.” She reddened a little as she realized how overenthusiastic she sounded. Trying to pull back her satisfaction she quickly said, “Anyways. Now that that’s done with let’s go make sure everybody is ok. I’m sure Guild Master Dominique is worried about us right now.”

@Kaine @shadowdude505

Marcella Novine and Asher Novine

Asher heard Bailey before he saw his guildmate and by the time his eyes fell upon the density mage, the man was already hobbling towards them and Marcella was already backing away from their guildmate’s ‘charge’ at them. However, Marcella’s act of backing away was a bit hesitant and Bailey got to the siblings before Marcella had an opportunity to fully get out of the way of his impending hug. Thus, Bailey’s arms wrapped around them both although at first, neither one of the Novine siblings hugged him back.

Marcella never hugged him back. She only struggled to escape his grip which really wasn’t that hard given his current state - even she could see he wasn’t in the best shape although at this time, that was to her advantage. Marcella easily slithered out of his hug.

Asher, on the other hand, also noted the current state of his guildmate and that was the only reason why he maintained the hug. One arm reached around Bailey and patted him on the back for a moment. He was only half returning the hug; his grip was gentle - almost as gentle as it was when he was handling Marcella. However, there was more to it than that. In his arm wrap around Bailey, Asher slipped his arm underneath Bailey’s own before he lifted up, taking some of Bailey’s weight off of Bailey’s own feet and helping to support his guildmate. After Asher felt confident that he had a decent hold on Bailey, Asher’s other arm gently uncoiled Bailey’s arms from around him although he maintained the support he had created. Thus, if they did start walking again, Bailey would be walking alongside Asher. He would be able to use Asher as a crutch if needed.

Marcella had given Asher ample time for the adjustments before she reached back into her quiver and pulled out a single arrow - a shocking arrow. Marcella marched up to Bailey and tapped the arrow none too gently against his chest, just to the left of his sternum. It wasn’t enough force, to break the skin, but it was enough to trigger a small trickle of it’s magic to slip out, flooding Bailey’s skin with just enough electricity that he would begin to feel his heart pounding in his chest.

“If you EVER touch me again, I’ll drive an arrow through you!” Marcella threatened and there was nothing idle about it. Her face curled into a grimace as she spat at him.

Asher sighed while he watched her put her arrow back into her quiver before he facepalmed. “Can’t you threaten him when he’s NOT about to collapse?” Asher requested. “He’s not as light as he looks…” Asher inhaled deeply, trying to find anyone at all familiar and he caught on to a scent from their previous attempt at a mission - the one that had turned out to be a bust. Hmm… I never did quite finish my discussion with the Ice Dragon Slayer, did I? With that thought in mind, Asher started leading Marcella towards what remained of the Blue Pegasus guild hall, escorting the hobbling Bailey along with him.

Mentioned: @Arkytior

Interaction: @BlackknifeVane

Tommy O'Shay

GoldenBlight said:
"But are you okay? Your arm, is it broken?"
The smile that had flowered across the older man's cheeks at the sight of his blind friend faded. He still held his arm gingerly, and a line of dark red had crept its way down the exposed skin until it began to gather within the fingers of the supporting hand. He nodded in affirmation.

"Afraid so. That explosion got the best of me." Taking a moment to wince as he assessed Ezekiel, he smiled again. "You don't look too bad yourself, though. Well, all things considered."

Now that he was assured Ezekiel was in one piece, Tommy looked down to make sure he wasn't in worse condition than he felt. The mixture of throbbing and sharp shooting pain that screamed out from his arm was being more or less numbed by the adrenaline he could feel coursing through his veins. His whole body ached of course; one didn't have a building effectively dropped on you and not feel a little sore. And the Blue Pegasus guildhall was quite sizable: the exquisitely decorated rubble lay strewn about them, with almost no-

Wait, that wasn't right. Reaching up briefly to push his miraculously unharmed glasses up onto the bridge of his nose, the Southern Wolf took stock of his surroundings. They were in fact in the same area of town but were indeed a small distance from the razed hall; it stood perhaps eighty yards away. And yet, both Tommy and Zeke had been within the hall when everything had flashed white. So how the devil had they gotten out here? Not only them: about the two mages Tommy could hear others stirring, pulling themselves free of the mess or meeting friends they thought died in the attack. But cutting through all that was a sound that always drove right to his heart: the sobbing of a child. Tommy's mind turned to his daughter, and almost without intending to he stumbled forward, calling over his shoulder.

"I'll be right back, Zeke! I gotta...I just...I'll be right back!"

It took longer than he would have liked, given his injuries, but finally he found the source of the sorrow. Two young teenagers kneeled before the broken remnants of the guild's entrance. The girl he didn't recognize, but the boy... His heart broke at the sight of the usually cheerful Russel bowed over in emotional pain. Gratitude toward the girl grew in him for her, but she looked as young as Russel. Neither of them should have had to experience the loss of a home, nor the carnage of the battles and conflict Fioran mages so regularly found themselves in. Forgetting his broken limb in his paternal outpouring of concern, Tommy stretched out his good right arm and wrapped the two in as protective and tight a hug as he could manage. He said nothing, for what words could help in such a situation?

@DaughterofAthena @Violet Obsidian @GoldenBlight

Afterwards

“I can help find survivors to make sure everyone gets on the airship once it arrives,” she offered. “I would also think that splitting some of the mages up might be wise. If we are all in one place still, it’s the same as begging for them to attack again, and I’m not fond of using our injured as bait.”

Bloome listened to Olive, raising an eyebrow slightly at her words.

Mages are tough these days. Young as well. Maybe too young.

Dusty, meanwhile, closed his mouth, the magic circle in front of him disappearing into thin air. Sweat was dripping down his forehead, and he was panting. But he had done his job. A thin crust of stone covered his Master's wounds, and no blood was pouring out anymore. There was nothing the Slayer could do about the burns on his body, though. That would have to be taken care of by an actual medical expert.

As Bloome asked if Greg would hold out, Dusty looked at him for a moment before he turned back to the Master. "He...he'll make it. I don't know how long the stone can keep the blood in, but it should be long enough." Dusty felt drained, of magic and emotion. He knew he was running on fumes now, and the world was fuzzy around him. He spread his hands out on the ground in front of him and leaned forwards, trying to regulate his breathing back to normal. He only just noticed the sharp pain that was exploding in his abdomen and chest.

"Thank you, both of you." He replied, then offered a wry grin which made his mustache crinkle. "There'll be no need to separate though. The Redfox is a veritable flying fortress, garrisoned by Ishgar Hunters and armed to the teeth. Even the Kingslayer would be mad to attack the flagship of Gajeel himself."

As Bloome spoke, the distant thrum of engines reached his ears, permeating even into the Blue Pegasus basement.

"Speaking of, it seems backup has arrived."

latest

As it descended through the clouds, the Redfox loomed over Los Ichiyasco. Iron-hulled, held aloft by two gently rotating magic circles, it had a certain authority to it. An emblem of the Magic Council's power, supposedly a refit of Grimoire Heart's airship if legends of such things were to believed. The Redfox set down on the outskirts of Los Ichiyasco, and the moment the boarding ramp had descended men and women poured out, some pushing stretchers straight towards the ruins of the guildhall, others fanning out to secure the area and reassure the concerned citizenry.

The vicinity of Blue Pegasus was soon swarming. Where they came across them, the Knights requested that those mages who could walk make their way to the hospital. Those who couldn't were carried there over broad shoulders or on stretchers. Those who wouldn't were driven there regardless by stern looks and domineering first-responders.

Hospital+2.png

Half an hour later, Bloome was stood in the too-white, over-sanitized corridor of Los Ichiyasco hospital. The bustling was constant, fresh wounded arriving by the second. The Guildmasters were already being treated by the doctors. Whatever had happened in that basement, it had left them in a bad way. Bloome leaned back against the wall, closed his eyes, and waited. The mages had been summoned to the bedsides of their respective masters. He understood that they must have urgent matters to discuss, shocked and wounded as they were with some of their number dead, but the civilians still grated on his nerves.

Dusty walked down the hallway, his hands pushed into his pant's pockets. His back was hunched, and white bandages were wrapped around his torso. The reason they were visible was because he had gotten rid of his shirt, not caring about keeping a decent appearance in the present situation. His eyes darted to Bloome, who was standing outside the room of Master Greg, and stopped in front of him, not facing him, but instead keeping his body faced towards the end of the hallway in frnot of him.

He stood for a moment, then took a deep breath, held it, and exhaled. He didn't seem so defeated anymore, his eyes having their light back in them, but it was an angry fire now. He growled through clenched teeth.
"She's gonna pay...I won't let her breathe after I get my hands on her. Or any of those fucking criminals." He didn't expect Bloome to answer him, so he continued into the room without waiting for a reply.

As he walked into the room, all the mages were already assembled. He looked around the room, seeing the clustered bodies around each bed. He scowled, annoyed that almost no one was giving their Masters breathing room. It was downright rude. But Dusty was a naturally rude individual anyways, so who was he to judge?

He heard the door open behind him, and turned to see who had entered. Silver hair and traditional clothing showed the entrance of Yuura, which Dusty knew was the weakest of the Wizard Saints. Ranked tenth, Dusty was sure he could surpass him easily.

The man saw Dusty looking at him, and offered a wan smile to him. He walked forwards and placed a hand on the Slayer's shoulder, shaking hi head sadly. "I can tell you're upset, my friend. I feel the same way as you. Unfortunately, there was nothing we could do." Yuura patted him once more, and then walked away to his own Master. Dusty watched him silently before walking over to Greg's bed.

As he squeezed in with the crowd, he noticed Jacob was already there. He was rubbing the fabric of his tuxedo by the collar, a nervous look on his face as he looked between Dusty and Greg. Dusty then turned to Alicia, whose eye was now bandaged. He lifted one eyebrow at her, gesturing to her eye.
"Unhealable?" He already knew the answer, but he still wanted to ask.

She nodded.

"Mhm. Too deep. I'm going to be one eye down for good. Might take some getting used to, but I suspect I got away lightly. Not sure many others went after Kingslayer and survived the experience."

Dusty growled at the name, his fists clenching in his pockets. He pointed to the scars on his chest, brutal and fleshy.
"Yeah, I know about deep cuts..." He placed his hand back in his pocket, and shook his head. "How could an enemy so easily get into our Guild Hall and cause all this? Like, all the top mages of Fiore! And the Guild Masters, and Wizard Saints! What the hell are we dealing with?!"

As he spoke, he felt more pain in his abdomen, and rubbed it gently, taking calm breaths.

Alicia shrugged.
"The enchantments were designed to keep out Dark Mages. Technically speaking, Kingslayer and Crime Sorciere don't count, so they could walk straight in. Turns out that was an oversight on my part..."

"Now, now, Pegasi...there's no use arguing right now..." Master Greg gave a faint chuckle, which turned into coughing shortly after. He listened to the heart monitor behind him, and then sighed. "I'm sorry...that this happened. I couldn't stop Sora from doing this to our beautiful guild, and those poor other mages..." His eyes slid to look over at the Lamia Scale mages grouped around Myla, and then turned back to his own Guild members.

"She was stronger than any of us could have imagined. And with Crime Sorciere to back her up, what hope would any of us have had alone. No one here is at fault, Master Gregory."

latest

Greg shook his head, his head moving slowly as he did so.
"You are right there, Alicia. She is powerful...and a definite threat to Fiore." He looked around at his remaining mages. "You all have to...try to protect the King and all the citizens of our country..." He winced in pain, gritting his teeth. "Sadly...I don't think I...will be able to offer my assistance..."

Jacob spoke up, letting go of his jacket and placing a hand on the side of the bed, near his Master's arms.
"The most important thing for you is rest, Master. We can handle this." His voice wavered with emotion, but he did his best to hide it. Dusty could hear it though. It betrayed the Mist Mage.

Alicia stepped forwards to rest a hand on Jacob's shoulder, gently pulling him away from the bed.

"Careful there. The Master's tired." She gave Greg a sidelong look. "We will deal with this, though, rest easy on that. Kingslayer and Crime killed members of our guild, members of all our guilds. There's nowhere she can hide where we won't find her."

Greg nodded his head. "I have faith in all of you." He took a moment to stare up at the ceiling, and then focused back on his Guild. "For now...I will be of no use in this issue. Therefore...I will have to appoint someone to take my position for the time being." He cast his glance over to Alicia, focusing on her intensely. "Alicia...I trust you with this position. You will fill in as Master while I am healing. I find your calm demeanor and level head will help you lead the Guild in my absence." He coughed again, his face wincing with every heave. "Do...do you believe you can do this, Alicia?"

Alicia paused for a moment, startled. Then she steadied herself, and after a moment looked Gregory directly in the eye.

"I can do this. Thank you for your faith in me, master. I will watch the Guild until you recover."

From the next door bed, Raito stirred.

"Asher. You will attend to Sabertooth until I'm back on my feet. Don't let me down."

And from across the room Cujo muttered.

"Lowell. Stay wild. Keep the leash on Cerberus until I get back."

"Alyssa," Myla spoke, her voice rasping. "Care for Lamia Scale on my behalf. I hope that-"

Felix interjected. "And watch Fairy Tail too. Mine don't tend well to authority." He grinned wryly. Myla nodded.

"Watch them both, Alyssa".

Dominique spoke up.

"Lynn, I'll be back soon. Just keep an eye on our Mermaids for me, will you?"

There was silence for a moment as the room processed the information. Temporary though they may be, there were still five new guildmasters to come to terms with. The door opened slightly, a nurse taking advantage of the silence.

"If you please," Her voice was soft but firm. "They need their rest. If you could all step outside..?"

Dusty and Jacob looked over to the nurse, and then at each other, and then over to the rest of the members of their Guild. Dusty walked over and began pushing each of them out the door.
"Come on, let's let Master Greg rest. He needs it." He didn't accept any objections, pushing them all out the door.

ShowImage.ashx

Jacob looked over to the rest of the mages from the other Guilds. He gestured to the door.
"You heard the nurse. Let's head out and let our Masters relax." He looked over to Alicia, and bowed. "Sorry to be giving orders, Miss Alicia." Since she was filling in for Greg, Jacob knew he should act much more respectful.

All the mages filed out of the room, and the nurse shut the door behind the last one, which was Yuura, and the mages filled a large part of the hallway, moving around to their respective Guilds or friends from others, giving their condolences or making plans to catch the Kingslayer.

The Guildmasters need time to recover from the battle with Sora (Alias Kingslayer), Crime Sorciere and Wingblade, not to mention the injuries inflicted by the bomb. They have appointed Alicia Spearheart (@Hellkite) , Asher Novine (@Sergeant Sass ), Lowell Thrice (@Hales ), Alyssa Gardner (@Arkytior ) and not least Lynn Aquari (@shadowdude505 ) as their temporary replacements. As for Raventail... where is Master Cyan?

You are next required at Crocus. You will be travelling there on board the Redfox, at which point we will have a 3-day timeskip to the arrival in Crocus and the start of part 2 of Kingslayer. This will happen as part of the Plot-Post next week. Please take the opportunity now to check in with your guild (and new Guildmasters), friends and/or significant others, and to consolidate after everything that has happened thus far.

Until next time, on Fairy Tail: A New Beginning...

Kingslayer2.jpg

Gurren Simon, Sarafina the Exceed, and Lynn Aquari

Upon hearing orders to head to the hospital, Gurren, Sarafina, and Lynn went to get their wounds treated alongside their guildmates.

Gurren Simon

"This is nothing," Gurren complained as a nurse treated his cuts. "I should be out there fighting!" "Even small wounds need to be treated. You're lucky your wounds aren't worse," she said matter-of-factly. "I understand your willingness to fight, but you should be thankful for time to breathe."

Gurren bolted out of the room once the nurse put the last Band-Aid on his cuts. He headed over to Master Felix's bedside where he saw some other Fairy Tail members, not to mention the other legal guild mages around their guildmasters. He clenched his fist at the sight of the wounded guildmasters. "I'm not going to let them get away with this," he thought angrily. Fire burned in his eyes as he glanced at Alyssa. He gave her a nod, acknowledging her as a leader. Though with his impulsive nature only time would tell how much he'd actually listen to her.

Once a nurse ordered everyone to file out, Gurren took one final look at Master Felix and gave his Guildmaster a silent promise that he'd continue to fight. Gurren left the room and stopped in the hallway. Looking out the window he could see the Redfox. He started to admire the aircraft with a historical Fairy Tail name with a fiery look still in his eyes.

@Arkytior

Sarafina the Exceed

"Ow, ow, ow," Sarafina yelped like a child. She gritted her teeth as the disinfectant applied to her cuts started to sting. "Are you done yet?" she asked the nurse. The nurse nodded before leaving to check on another patient, potentially another legal guild mage. Sarafina fished out a fish from her backpack and quickly ate it. Leaving the fish skeleton between her teeth, the Exceed walked into the room where the guildmasters rested and hopped up onto her Guildmaster's bed.

Looking at the injured guildmasters, Sarafina found it hard to believe that they were all injured even though she had seen the mages they were up against. She momentarily looked up at Alyssa after she was put in charge. Sarafina filed out with the other legal mages and jumped onto a window sill. Along side Gurren, she too saw the airship. Knowing that Dragon Slayers and vehicles didn't mix very well, Sarafina started to track down Ryos by his scent.

"Hey Ryos, if you don't want to ride the airship I could take you to wherever we needed to go," she said, not thinking about how long it would take to travel to Crocus.

@BLUR

Lynn Aquari

"If you wouldn't mind, could you bring me another shirt?" she asked a nurse as she waited through treatment. After the nurse finished treatment she left the room and quickly returned with a light blue, button-up shirt. "This was all I could find," she said. "Thanks," Lynn replied. Lynn pulled off her torn white shirt as the nurse went off to other duties. As Lynn headed toward the room with the recuperating guildmasters, she buttoned the shirt over her one piece swimsuit.

Now at her Guildmaster's side, she heard Dominique's request for her to temporarily take charge of Mermaid Heel. Lynn's steely look faltered momentarily. "Of course," she said, taking things seriously. "You can count on me to watch over my sisters." Lynn turned her attention to her guilldmates as the nurse walked in.

After being shued out of the room, Lynn walked out into the hall and halted Bunny, Tori, and Rose. "Now's the time to decide if you three are going to come to Crocus with us or not," she said, quickly getting down to business. "I won't force you to come." She turned her attention to Rose. "But if you want to come, Rose, I'd feel better if we filled up your magic book. Would you like me to show you some more of my magic or would you rather have some variety?"

@Kaine @AllHailDago

Ohtori & Usagi Tsukikono

It was really facinating for Tori to watch Rose's magic. How she simply had to write it in a book and she could perform it. Though it was obvious that her words offended Rose. Like most she assumed it had to do with either how she came to acquire this magic, or maybe how she was taught. Either way she did seem proud of it and that was all that mattered.

With everything said, and Lynn leading, Tori and Bunny followed in place.

Hospital

If Tori had it her way she would of stayed outside. Compared to everyone else, they were both completely uninjuried. That pleased her to know that Bunny was fine, but at the same time, everyone had suffered. Some had lost friends, and others had lost everything, including their lives, and they had lost nothing. Even now she couldn't bring herself to face the Guild Master.

Siting just outside the door, on the floor, she had her knees up to her chest with her arms wrapped around them. Her face buried but she could hear what was going on. The sounds of the aftermath, and the commotion of everyone getting attention. It all just added to her frustration. She wasn't crying, nor was she even close to tears. Being scared, and being mad were two different emotions; the latter she could handle. Even though their clothing was dirty and torn from what ever happened after, she didn't ask for clothing. She didn't want any help for them. They didn't deserve it. Other's needed it more than them.

Bunny was curled up next to her resting again. Her head against Tori's arm, eyes closed and breathing softly. That alone is what kept Tori sane. Even though she felt worthless, Her sister was her world.

Lynn finally came out and asked them about going to Crocus. Lifting her head, she leaned back and put her arm around Bunny. Jiggling her a little, to wake up, Bunny moaned a slightly. She rubbed her eyes and yawned before wearily glancing up. The young girl still recognized who stood before her. "Lynn-chan~" her voice, soft yet mellow.

Tori didn't really have much to say either other than to confirm they would accompany Lynn. "We'll go, we haven't anything to offer though." Her expression showing her frustration at her own inabilities.

Even as far as helping with Rose, its not like she could use their magic. A Mage would need an innate ability to control blood. And while there were spells they used to manipulate blood not of your own, it was a pretty gruesome magic overall. After thinking about it, this magic was something she did not want to share.

@AllHailDago @shadowdude505

JAMKE DAIN (Lamia Scale)

Jamke smiled at Sarafina, Soren and Light once he realised they were okay but glanced off slightly uneasily at the fact that his other comrade was still nowhere to be seen. He felt his fists clenching at the thought that she had been among the dead, his head lowering slightly to allow his hair to cast a shadow over his eyes. He shook off his fears a moment later though before examining the surroundings. The silver haired mage prided himself on his resilience and he wouldn't be broken by this. He was about to start checking more thoroughly for people in need of help when the clouds were obliterated above by the descent of the gigantic airship. The enormous structure caused his mouth to fall open in shock, having never seen such an awesome vehicle in his life. His eyes followed its path until it finally touched down on solid ground. He was so overwhelmed by the spectacle on top of the horrific scenes he'd seen already that he could only meekly agree with the medical professionals when they herded him aboard the ship amidst a thick crowd of other mages.

His treatment was quite minimal given his lack of wounds, though his pale skin had burned slightly under the heat. He had some cooling cream applied across his arms, giving the arms a weighted feeling that threw him off slightly. Still, it was nothing compared to his Guildmaster's injuries. He bit his lower lip and forced a smile when he saw Myla lying in that bed. He had never seen her wounded before but he refused to let the perceptive woman realise how shaken he was by the sight. Seeing famed S-Class mages be severely wounded was distracting but to see the might Myla brought to heel unsettled him. He had to repress the urge to shiver at the implication of the power they had to be up against if they could even come close to doing so. The sterilized smell of the hospital wasn't helping, making him feel slightly dizzy. "Must remain strong. Must not let the others see weakness, that will only cause us to falter further. We must stay strong."

Hearing Alyssa's appointment as temporary guild master caused Jamke to blink but he swallowed his gut instinct. His guild master was too injured to go on, that was obvious. "Good sentiment won't get her out of bed with those wounds. Alyssa is intelligent and pragmatic, she'll do a fantastic job. Even if," his face betrayed nothing as an insidious part of his mind finishing, " we have to go on without Master Myla." Still, he found himself nodding along just as the mages were rushed out of the room by the hospital staff.

As the groups began to disperse somewhat, Jamke approached Alyssa and offered a formal bow to the waist. The woman before him had always been a goal of his, a powerful wizard with great strength. He had nothing but respect for the green haired celestial spirit mage and that was the only thing that allowed him to picture her in Master Myla's place. Still, it was an awkward change to accept, another thing that was just slightly off on that dramatic day. His voice was measured but sincere as he spoke, "I will do everything in my power not to fall below your expectations, Master Alyssa." He straightened himself up, still feeling slightly awkward at the thought of the huge wall looming before the mages gathered there. He clenched his fists, keeping his back perfectly straight as he often did when he was nervous. "Is there any preparation you want done before we set off, Master Alyssa?" he asked, wanting to do whatever he could to help out after his relatively pointless contribution to the battle in Blue Pegasus' guild hall. "Or should I just go about my own preparations?"

@Arkytior

Drake Silver and Stacy Xen

Upon arriving at the hospital Drake had ever so kindly plopped Stacy on one of the available beds for a doctor to look after her before he walked off. He ended up in the room with the other guildmasters in hopes of talking to his master, however upon arriving he only saw the Master from the other guild. At this sight he raised a brow in slight confusion, but stuck around non the less, maybe Cyan had gotten hurt more than the others so he was still being treated before being wheeled into here. However by the time everyone had been ushered out he hadn't caught sight of the Raven Tail master.

After this he moved through the crowd to look for his guildmates seeing as they are the only ones he could even dream about comfortable with in this huge crowd. Though with all these freaken people it was honestly hard to find a small ten year old and a tomboy women. 'This is suffocating.... I need air.' With that he kept moving around people till he was out of the main crowd and further down the hall were less people were present. Here he leaned against a wall and took a small breath as he turned his head and looked at the other mages that filled this place. 'Doubt any of them know.... Where in the earthland is he? Didn't he go with the other masters to the basement? Wait........ Did he???' At this question Drake closed his eyes however instead of focusing on his thoughts all he heard was people talking, some where crying. He heard heart monitors all around and he couldn't get his thoughts straight. 'Too much noise.'

Pushing off the wall he walked a bit further but came to a halt when he looked into a room where he say his sister asleep on a bed a bandage wrapped around her head. Looking around for a moment to see if anyone was looking he sighed before slipping into the room and approaching her. His hands stuffed in his pocket he looked down at the dirty blond and a smallest of smiles went on his face. "Glad to see you are okay." Seeing the girl sleep softly he seemed to relax a bit some worry leaving him.

After a moment however he facepalmed as a thought crossed him. 'Gods I look like a creepy bastard who likes to watch people sleep.' A light chuckle left him at this as he shook his head a bit. 'Better leave before someone actually accuses me of that.' He thought as he turned on his heel to leave. Just as he reached the door however he was stopped when a small groan left Stacy.

"My head......I feel like a ton of rocks landed on it... Huh?"
She muttered as she sat up while holding her bandaged head. "I swear if they shaved me like some sheep...." She moved her hand down and feeling her soft yet tangled hair she smiled cheerfully at it glad to see that her dream had been false, she wouldn't rock the shave look...don't ask how she knows...she just does. Her multicolor eyes landed on Drake just as he attempted to slip out of the room. "Wait!" She exclaimed as she looked at him making Drake freeze while facing a small problem. Either he listened and stopped to have a chat with his sister (who he still envied ever so slightly) and risk her learning who he was, or he could just leave and not check up on her to see if she was okay.

A sigh left the blue haired male lips before he moved back a bit and looked at Stacy. "Yeah?" Seeing that he listened Stacy smiled up at him while pointing to the corner of the room where her hat was resting on a chair. "Think ya can wrangle that up for me? I think it looks better on me rather than a chair...." Drake looked over at the hat and blinked a bit. ".....That's what you ask the guy dressed like me who was trying to sneak out of the room?" He asked with a small laugh leaving him as he nodded. "Gotcha." 'Looks like she hasn't changed...' With that he walked over and grabbed the hat he knew was a precious family heirloom and handed it to her once he did that he turned to leave.

"Hey! Aren't you going to introduce yourself before leaving? Why are you even here in the first place? Oh! Is Guild Master Felix alright!? Or the rest of my guild!??" She asked now started to ask the important questions which made Drake hanging his head and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Drake. I brought you here so I was just checking up on you. He's alive but badly injured so I think Alyssa is temporary guildmaster.... From what I saw some of your comrades fell in the battle but there are some that are fine as well." He responded as he walked to the door.

"Oh...okay....." At this Stacy leaned back and moved her hat down to cover her eyes. 'Some of my guildmates are gone... Who? Blue haired didn't tell me.... I should ask.' With that she brought her hat up to look at Drake only to find that at the moment she looked the door closed and the male was gone. "Oh......" She whispered before laying back down too tired to chase after him to ask her questions.

After leaving Stacy's room Drake decided to leave the crowded place all together for a time seeing as he wasn't one for hospitals. He climbed up the stairs till he reached the roof of the hospital once he exited he walked to the edge and sat down overlooking the north side of the building. Falling to his back he put his hood over his head to block some of the light before letting his arms sprawl out on the ground. '....Did he go to the basement? I..I cant remember everything was too hectic. He is alive though...right?' At this he closed his eye his calves hanging over the side of the building. There was a fluttering sound around him and soon he had hawk perched next to him while a crow lay on his stomach.

@Anyone that wants to talk to Stacy or Drake

Adrianne Harrow

Her eyes shown, a reflection of the light that emanated softly from the crystal ball she clutched in her hands. Answers were not forthcoming, and she seemed to reach a dead end no matter which way she turned, no matter which angle she approached the events at the Blue Pegasus guild hall. Or the events at Scavia. They were connected; she could feel it. Tachyon Wing had been there, seeking that magical power plant. And they'd taken it, killing a close friend in the process.

Kyoya... But what had they done with that thing? And how did that connect to the attack on the Magical Council?

Most of them were out of commission of course, and their top mages had been temporarily assigned governance duties over their respective guilds. Well, Master Cyan was notably absent, having disappeared gods only knew where. And he'd left before the chaos, leaving none in Raven Tail in temporary command. She grimaced at the thought. It didn't matter too much, though; Raven Tail was used to functioning without its guild master, what with him seemingly disappearing for long periods at a time. They would be fine.

Nevertheless, Adrianne wished her enigmatic leader were present in some form or fashion, but despite her actively pressing her Seer magic to look under every stick and stone for him, nothing had turned up. She sat perched on the hospital's water tower, where she'd come in hopes that the height would aid her magical touch on the world's temporal river. But save for the surety that Cyan was in fact alive, she'd gotten nothing. The light in her eyes and the globe she clutched faded. With a defeated sigh the Seer dropped her hands into her lamp.

Below her Drake flopped onto his back, and the movement caught her eye. He looked...defeated? She couldn't blame him; she shared the sentiment. But there was at the moment nothing either could do: Cyan was missing, most if not all of the Magical Council was in critical condition but had reassigned leadership, Millie was being tended to. She stuffed the globe into her pocket, pulled a knee up to rest her arm on it, and smiled down at her guildmate, thinking briefly on her missing sister.

Family.

Pushing off the tower, Adrianne hit free fall, catching herself with a gravity nullification circle. Her landing crunched in the gravel loudly, disturbing the quiet and sending he avian company squawking away in complaint. Sitting down with a huff beside her fellow Raven, she leaned back against her elbows.

"There's better ways to tempt fate than sitting on the edge of a multistory building," she observed with a wry smile, pointedly ignoring the fact the she was mirroring his sitting position.

Spoken to: @Peaceswore

Mentioned: @Ivory Witch

Tommy O'Shay

"Seriously, doc: you've wrapped me up! What else could you need to do to me?"

Tommy sat on a chair within the hospital's extensive hallway. He'd refused to be admitted into a room, claiming quite adamantly that others were in far worse condition than he. So a doctor had set his arm and splinted it, and at the Southern Wolves Branchmaster's insistence, left him to his fate and pain.

A grimace sat solidly on Tommy's face, clearly reflecting his unhappiness with the situation. He could spend time grousing, he mused, or he could get things done. Wincing at the effort, he got up and began pacing the halls, searching for his friend Ezekial amid the crowd of strangers while keeping an eye out for any others he might know.

@GoldenBlight

Drake Silver

Hearing Penance fly off a bit before landing on his leg Drake looked up to see who had decided to join him at the moment. Seeing it was non other than Adrianna he smirked a bit and looked back up the sky. He listened to her words as he closed his eyes and nodded. "This is true, think todays events was a better way to temp it....?" His smirk left him as he looked up at the blue sky. "............I'm not trying to get all soft or anything, but did today really happen?" He asked starring up at the sky. "The day looks so beautiful right now, out here it's so quiet compared to....well everything from earlier. It's just...........................................nevermind it's idiotic." He mumbled as he moved his head to look away from Adrianna and out at the horizon.

"....Have you seen master Cyan? I know we are capable and all, but...still I'm kinda worried. I can't remember if he went into the basement with the other masters or not." Drake said with a sigh as he moved one hand and started to pet the crow that was nuzzled into his gut. "Also, do you know where Millie is? It was too crowded and I couldn't find her in the ocean of people." He said his sapphire eyes now looking at his fellow Raven Tail.

Interacted with: @Red Thunder

Mentioned: @Ivory Witch @BLUR

25h1utf.png

It had been a while since Ryos had been inside the hospital. Since the moment the guilds arrived, he had stayed outside, giving his best effort to calm down before he allowed himself to be surrounded by a plethora of other wizards he had little or no connection to. It was quite obvious from the events at Pinnacle that he tended to lose composure much more readily in large groups outside of his own guild, and in the midst of his withholding the rage he felt towards Crime Sorciere and Sora, the alone time was very much warranted.

The young man's eyes were filled with emotion, something quite uncommon to see when dealing with the Poison Dragon Slayer of Lamia Scale. Through all his years as a guild mage, including the five he had spent as a S-Class wizard, he had always attempted to keep a completely calm mind on his missions. Emotions could always be used against you in battle, or so he thought. And it was no secret that a Dragon Slayer's temper was a thing to behold. Nonetheless, Ryos Delmora had a trained mind, and holding back his anger had always been something he excelled at. Well, until recently of course. Lately, it seemed as if he was losing control of his emotions. He knew the cause, of course, but it still didn't sit well with him that he had to stay outside the hospital to try and calm himself while his guild master, the woman who raised him, was being treated for her terrible wounds inside.

It had been enough for him that she was surrounded by his guild mates. For the time being he was solely focused on keeping himself in check. For years, he worked on his own. All his missions he took on individually, despite having powerful guild mates to work with. Now, he was constantly finding himself in a position where he was working with at least one other member of Lamia Scale. He couldn't help but feel angered when someone would threaten or hurt one his guild mates, and such was a normal response. And yet, the Dragon Slayer remained unsatisfied, feeling as if he still had much training to do before he could truly become a mage to be reckoned with.

He took in a deep breath, holding the air within his lungs for a bit, before finally breathing out. He was sitting on a bench right outside the Ichiyasco hospital. Suddenly, he drove his fist through the metal, letting out a sigh as he did so. He raised his fist to be level with his eyes, inspecting his hand as it seemed to have become a bit bloodied up.

"At least I feel a bit better now," he mumbled. Ryos stood up, promising that he would remember to pay for a new bench in his head, before walking through the hospital doors. Though a bit of his anger was relieved through his juvenile action, Ryos was still finding it difficult to shake Sora out of his head. What had happened to her? The last time, and only time, he saw her, back when she called herself "Eagle," she had been an ally to the wizards of Fiore. Hell, Ryos and Sora had been stuck together in a warehouse at one point, forced to take cover from an army of magic resistant golems. The poison dragon slayer still remembered it very well.

During the chaos of Echidna's attack, he wanted to challenge himself by taking on the golems that were concentrated on the perimeter. Those were the strongest ones that Echidna had to offer. Feeling confident, Ryos had initiated his own offensive, hopping from golem to golem as he took them out one by one. However, a certain voice had caused him to lose concentration for a moment. He picked it up with his strong hearing, allowing him to make out the words:

"Man, how am I gonna get out of this one?"

He had turned around to find the girl who spoke those words, only to be sent flying into the warehouse he heard the sound from as a golem shot at him with shards of ice. It was there he spotted Eagle, taking cover behind a cabinet to protect herself from a full frontal assault. Allowing his arrogance to get the better of him, Ryos made a proposition to the girl, stating that if he were able to get them out of the situation, she would have to tell him her real name, rather than the obvious alias she used. The girl had piqued his interest from the moment she arrived at the Sabertooth guild hall, spying on the guild wizards while they conducted their meeting. She smelled like a dragon, and this was a time in which Ryos was still trying very hard to find other slayers so that he could learn anything about his own dragon. This was a time before he realized all slayers were in the same boat.

Anyway, back to the point, Ryos didn't even wait for an answer. Instead, he began on his task, fighting through hordes of golems while taking hits from a large number of icicles. Though he couldn't use his magic on them, Ryos fought on, not once hesitating or regretting his decision. By the end of it all, he smashed his head through the final golem, clearing the platoon as he fell on his back, losing consciousness from the wide variety of wounds he took. Luckily, he was nursed back to health quite quickly, but he had been knocked out long enough that he had not been able to witness Eagle leaving, having regained consciousness right at the final moments of the battle.

It was months ago, but the images from that day were still very clear in his mind. He couldn't fathom why that same girl was now going around killing guild wizards and high ranking members of Fiore's government, but the reason was irrelevant. It was clear that he had to put an end to her killing sprees. Though he was quite aware that Sora seemed to be on a different level than him, all he had to do was slow her down with his poisons, and someone else could finish the job.

Ryos was so deep in thought he almost missed the fact that he had finally arrived, as he was now looking at a hallway filled with guild wizards.

"Tch."

Fortunately, his violet eyes locked on to two heads he was quite familiar with. He walked over to the pair from his own guild, clapping his hand on the shoulder of Jamke Dain, nicknamed "Snow Leopard," Ryos then looked forward at the woman he had been talking to.

"How is she?" The Dragon Slayer asked Alyssa.

Adrianne Harrow

Peaceswore said:
"....Have you seen master Cyan? I know we are capable and all, but...still I'm kinda worried. I can't remember if he went into the basement with the other masters or not. Also, do you know where Millie is? It was too crowded and I couldn't find her in the ocean of people."
"Millie's fine. I don't think she got hurt, though she was really, really drained from all her handing out blessings all over the place. A nurse was looking after her, I think."

Adrianne paused, staring out over the city. It was a strange place, and yet familiar; after awhile, all cities looked the same. Somewhere, Cyan was stalking around, up to his guild masterly activities. "As to our master..." She could only shake her head. "I don't know, Drake. He could have gone anywhere, doing anything. But I wouldn't worry. Of all the guild masters, he's definitely the most capable, yeah?"

She smiled, but the Seer couldn't hid the anxiousness in her eyes.

@Peaceswore

Hikari Fullbuster

\

Hikari quirked her brow. “It’s fine,” she said. “Just buy me dinner and we’re even.”

Her eyes roamed up as the Redfox descended to a clearing in the rubble nearby, mindfully examining the injured mages making their way to the airship.

“Sicily said all of Tachyon successfully made it to the rendezvous point,” Hikari continued.

“As for next, it’s time we got out of here before anyone tries to pick a fight with us again.”

The brunette reached out to grab Ein’s hand and pulled him along with her without a word.

They were headed to Crocus, where the rest of Crime Sorciére would meet and recuperate. One plot had been foiled, but they still had a lot of work to do.

@Red

Users who are viewing this thread

Back