• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Magnolia's Massacre

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kiara looked up at the sky as it began to darken and thick storm clouds formed above the arena. "Well, It's not Will..." Kiara mumbled to herself. She returned her gaze to the doors on the opposite side of the arena to see Hayden walking through them. Kiara smiled as she spotted him. "I guess I'm first then?" She called over to him, referencing back to the conversation that they'd had back at the guild hall. "Good luck to you too." She said in response. "Oh, and don't worry, I have no intentions of going down easy." She reached her hand out to her side, there was a flash of light and a sword appeared in her hand. Above the arena, a large number 3 appeared in the sky. The crowd chanted as the number changed from 3 to 2 to 1 and finally to a single word, 'FIGHT!'. Kiara looked over at Hayden but didn't move. She was still at a slight informational disadvantage. While Hayden had probably sussed what her magic was, she still hadn't quite figured out what his was yet. The storm clouds narrowed it down but it could still be a number of things maybe weather magic, or an elemental based magic such as water or lightning? Either way, Kiara didn't want to go rushing in without some idea of what she was up against, so she waited, ready to react to whatever Hayden threw at her.

Jamey Jamey

Hayden gave one last look at Kiara up and down, as the numbers in the sky counted down. Seeing the sword appear in her hand, he gathered she was a holder type, likely requip magic.

His mind was racing. While he had no doubt in his abilities, seeing Kiara’s guildmate come crashing through his apartment wall and shrugging it off like it was nothing told him that Fairy Tail was clearly no joke. He was gonna have to do something that he didn’t normally care for. While he usually preferred to go with the flow and take the battle as it came, he was representing his guild and would have to give it his all. He was going to have to strategise.

My speciality is speed and attack power, where hers seems to be based on power and defense; my best chance is to overwhelm her with a flurry of attacks to try and find a gap in her defences whilst not giving her a chance to parry or counter attack. If she requips again, I’ll have to re-strategise and try something else...

With his internal monologue finished, Hayden snapped to attention and realised they had both been standing there for a good few seconds. He winced, cracked his neck and, without warning, darted at full speed onto her left side.

Trying to catch her off guard, he moved in close on her left side before immediately dashing into the right.

“Better make a strong opening salvo.”
He muttered to himself, a big cheesy grin on his face.
That said, he threw himself into the air and yelling “Snow Magic Jet Shot,” spewed snow at high pressure hard at her right side. His first attack finished, he dropped down and tried to move behind her, hoping to stop some kind of weak point in her armour.

Geozaki Geozaki

Situated in his own 'waiting room', will had taken up a comfortable position in a chair, balancing it precariously on it's two hind legs as he kicked his legs up on a desk. He was in the same attire as always though he now had a small satchel over his right side packed with an assortment of materials...though most of it was coal, with sparse gems inside mixed around. Watching a viewing lacrima that had been set up in his room he smiled a bit as he saw who was up against each other. It was kiara and the blue pegasus guy...and if kiara was on the field, that meant it was bound to be interesting.

Kiara kept her gaze on Hayden as the countdown came to an end. As the chanting died down the arena became so silent that you could probably hear a pin drop as everyone waited for someone to make a move. Kiara was starting to worry that Hayden might have had the same plan as her when he dashed towards her at incredible speed. Even though Kiara was prepared for Hayden to attack, the moment of doubt that Hayden would make the first move meant that she wasn't as prepared for his incredible speed and sudden change of direction. Kiara dashed to the left just managing to avoid being hit with the full force of the attack but she wasn't quite quick enough to completely avoid the attack. The snow attack caught her arm knocking her sword from her hand and sending it clattering across the arena floor before it finally came to a stop some distance away from her.

"Woah! You're fast..." Kiara commented as she readjusted one of the bracers on her right arm which had been knocked slightly out of place by the attack. If she was honest, the hit had kinda hurt, but she wasn't going to let it show, she now had the information she needed, Hayden was a user of snow elemental magic. Kiara shook her right arm a little, trying to shake the pain, then, she held out her hand and another sword appeared as the one that had fallen to the floor seemingly faded from existence. The sword she was now holding was very different from her previous sword, it was slightly longer, the blade appeared blackened and rather than a blue glow, this sword had an orangy red glow which emanated from a crystal that ran along the length of the sword's blade. Kiara smirked, she could tell that this was going to be a good fight. "But so am I..." She said as she charged forward, using her wings to help propel her forwards faster. She swung her sword towards Hayden from the right, a red trail following the sword as it moved through the air.

Jamey Jamey

Jax Cyrus
fbae2d8b2ebe2ce91fac0d06b5630c7a.jpg

Interactions: Open for interactions!

The raven-haired male found himself seated down in a waiting room he was directed to. Jax crossed his legs as his eyes remained on the lacrima in front of him as he observed the first fight being held in the tournament. He didn't know either one of them but he had definitely not missed seeing them in the Fairy Tail guild earlier on the day. Breathing a sigh, he wondered whether he would be pitted up against another Fairy Tail member or a member of another guild.

Regardless, even if he didn't admit, he was rather excited to have his turn on the battlefield. After all, it has been some time since he had actually fought someone.

Hayden was in his element.
He swooped behind Kiara and watched her sword scatter to the edge of the arena like a scurrying mouse. He couldn’t hide his grin and as he backed up, expecting a counter, he heard Kiara holler to him.
“Woah, you’re fast!”
He lightly shrugged, trying not to look smug or proud, though he probably did.
Yeah! I can run circles around ya’ all day!“
He shot her a cheeky wink, but was immediately put in his place as Kiara lurched forward, swinging a new sword that he had failed to notice her equip.
He let out a light yelp and instinctively jerked his body back to avoid the attack.

Partially successful, what could have easily been a landslide move was turned to a light knock as her sword grazed his cheek, leaving a deep cut on Hayden’s face. He raised his hand to his cheek and felt the blood touch his fingers.

She’s fast too... Maybe even enough to match my pace, and how’d I miss her getting that sword out, how could I get this reckless so soon? I gotta step it up!

Trying to maintain his strategy of constant attack, he moved in for another crack. With a beckoning call of “Snow Magic- Avalanche!” A wave of thick, hard snow came bellowing from behind his back. Hayden swept off behind the wave and yelled to Kiara

“Your swords are nice, hun, but let’s see you cut through that!”

His Hope was that by coating her in the deep snow, he could try and slow her down even by a little, to add to his attack, he pushed out from the right side of the snow wall and swung a harsh sweeping kick to her lower half.

Even as the cut on his face seared, he didn’t lose his grin, this was the most fun he’d had in a while, with what was looking like a worthy opponent.

“I should’ve done some stretches before this, you’re pretty nimble!”

Geozaki Geozaki

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," Kiara said in response to Hayden's comment on how he could run circles around her all day. As Hayden called out his next attack, Kiara leapt into the air in an attempt to escape the attack but she was caught by the avalanche of snow and, while the sword in her hand gave off intense heat, it wasn't anywhere near big enough to be used effectively against such a large amount of snow. In the blink of an eye, the sword had been replaced with a large double-sided axe which she held out in front of her. The axe compacted together and jets of fire emanated from the edges of the blade of the axe. The fire formed some sort of shield of flames which melted away a fair amount of the snow that was blasting towards her, however, it didn't get all of it. Kiara noticed Hayden coming at her from her side and rolled out of the way just in time to avoid the kick. She leapt back up to her feet and swivelled on the spot, turning to face Hayden. "I kinda wish I wore something a little warmer now..." She commented with a bit of a shiver. She shook off most of the snow that was still clinging to her and raised the axe in her hands to her side, she took a breath and threw the axe towards Hayden. The jets on one side of the axe fired causing it to spin in the air much like a frisbee as it glided towards Hayden. While the Axe was airborne, Kiara flapped her wings and soared into the sky, the glowing red sword reappearing in her hand. She positioned herself above Hayden and swooped towards him, hoping to pull off an attack from two angles at the same time.

Jamey Jamey

Hayden was impressed through and through with Kiara,
"That's a big axe, I don't even know if I could raise tha-"
He froze mid sentence as she threw the axe straight towards him, this girl was just full of surprises, but he wouldn't let himself be outmatched.
Hayden dodged the axe almost effortlessly and it flung right past his shoulder. He looked back to see it carry on spinning.
"That all ya' got?"
He turned back around to face Kiara, but to his surprise, she was no longer standing there. In the split second he paused to look around, she she had managed to get above him, and he simply didn't have time to react, her attack connected and threw him off balance, sending him tumbling backwards into a heap on the ground.
"Dammit, that really freakin' hurts!" he said, shuddering as he picked himself up.
The crowd seemed to be just as impressed as he was, their cheers picking up as her attack connected. A little dazed, Hayden saw the spectators in the stand going absolutely wild.
We must be doing our jobs right, he revered. I won't be one to let them down... Let's try something new!
Hayden faced both of his palms towards the ground and sort of jetted himself into the air with a huge thrust of snow. Kiara's swooping attack had really hurt his side though, and he found it very hard to re position and aim his hands. Knowing this, Hayden hastily found his solution.

I don't have to aim with this one...
"Snow Magic- Bullet Storm!"
A haze of strong, thin, almost hail like snowballs came raining from above, covering almost the whole arena. Hayden dropped back to the ground, panting hard. His eyes never leaving Kiara.

Kiara watched as Hayden lifted himself into the air on a sort of tower of snow. Suddenly it started to, 'Hail?' all over the arena, except, the hail was painful, very painful. Kiara extended her free arm and moments later, an umbrella appeared in her hand. She opened the umbrella and held it above her head, but, within a matter of seconds, the hail tore the umbrella to shreds. Kiara sighed, "Should have guessed that wouldn't have worked," she mumbled as the umbrella disappeared. Almost immediately a golden circular shield adorned with black patterns appeared in her now empty left hand. Kiara held the shield above her head in place of the umbrella in an attempt to divert as many of the hailstones away from her as possible. Even though she was still holding her sword in her right hand, Kiara's movement was rather restricted by the posture she was forced to take by the unrelenting hailstones. Kiara peeked at Hayden from under her shield. "This is annoying..." She commented with a giggle, "Impressive, but annoying." Kiara dashed towards Hayden, swinging her sword towards him, but her movements were slowed quite drastically by the continued effort she was taking to avoid being exposed to the hail.

Jamey Jamey

Hayden beamed- it was working!
He grinned as could see Kiara’s movement visibly slowing as she tried to shield herself from his “rain of pain” so to speak.

From atop his tower, matched in height only by his ego at that point, he heard her giggle “This is annoying,” to which he replied with a simple “Good!”

In a sudden movement, he watched Kiara elegantly leap into the air with her sword in full swing.
That’s a game for two players! Hayden thought as he dropped from the tower. His eyes met hers as he launched himself at full thrust. In mid-air, he saw her exposed torso as Kiara’s arm was preparing for another swing.
She’s wide open! This is my chance to end the fight!

Without hesitation, Hayden practically flung himself straight towards Kiara, preparing another jet shot, this time ready to strike her right in the middle. He raised both his arms in a position for a pre-emptive strike, not noticing that by doing that he’d left himself completely exposed. Hayden was so confident that this attack would end it, he didn’t care about his defence anymore. His strategy would prevail.

constant attack until you find her weak spot, you found it Hayden, go for the kill!

As Hayden dropped from the tower, Kiara suddenly became aware that Hayden had the advantage in this clash on almost every level, but, at the same time, she wouldn't have enough time to avoid an attack from him. She was mid-air and the shards of ice that were falling from the sky made it almost impossible for her to use her wings for a number of reasons. Whatever he decided to do, Hayden's next attack was most likely going to hit her full on, and so Kiara's thoughts turned from how to avoid the attack to how she could withstand the attack. The sword in Kiara's hand vanished and was almost instantly replaced with a golden and red coloured spear. Kiara threw the spear upwards in Hayden's general direction but due to how close she was to him by now and the hail, her aim was completely off and the spear sailed past Hayden harmlessly. Kiara then repositioned her shield so that it was directly positioned between herself and Hayden, she curled up as tight as she could so that the shield was covering as much of her body then she closed her eyes and braced for impact.

Kiara yelped a little as the force of Hayden's attack slammed full force into her shield. The force of Hayden's attack sent Kiara crashing into the ground with a considerable amount of force. For the most part, her shield had protected her from the majority of Hayden's attack, the floor, on the other hand, hadn't been so kind. While Kiara was still concealed behind her shield and pressed against the floor, the spear that she'd thrown moments earlier made a sharp U-turn and was now darting towards Hayden from behind...

Jamey Jamey

Hayden wasted no time in taking advantage of his downed opponent. He dropped to the floor, hitting the ground on his feet and dashed straight for Kiara.

The adrenaline is his mind was like a drug, he felt invincible, he was going to show the whole arena that Blue Pegasus was an amazing guild, he forced himself to move even faster as to get to Kiara and finish the fight before she could get on her feet.

The crowd was on fire, but their chanting faded just a tad, it was almost like the excilerance of the fight was in the air, tangible. As their voices dropped Hayden bore down on the girl, his train of thought had gone completely off course.

Forget speed, forget finding her weak spot, this fight is MINE to finish!

The crowd fell almost silent as he put one boot onto her shield and started to wind up his strongest attack yet.

“No hard feelings Kiara! But I’m going to rip through that shield!”

Hayden lifted his hands above his head, as if he was holding something like a rock to smash the shield through. He looked to the crowd as they prepared to see the fight’s conclusion and once again, his face turned back to that cheesy damned grin, only this time, Hayden had the look of victory in his eyes.

Nobody will make fun of Blue Pegasus after this, master bob is gonna be so proud he’ll probably give me S-class ranking! Heathel, if you’re watching from up there, this is how far I’ve come!

“Snow Magic- J- - -“

Hayden stopped dead, the snow forming in his hands receded and disappeared. In his back, he felt an awful, searing pain.
He turned his head, foot still pressed down on Kiara’s shield, to see the cause of the pain. Then the reality set in.

The crowd had gone silent, not because Hayden was about to close the deal, but because they had seen Kiara’s spear veering straight towards Hayden’s back.

Hayden slumped to the floor. The pain funnelling through and down to his waist. He grimaced through the pain and looked to Kiara, also on the floor.

“Good fight, you got me, Fairy...”

With that, he dropped his head into the dust to show he had conceded defeat. The crowd roared as Hayden tried not to kick himself. He, the normally cool headed and dextrous fighter had completely lost his cool and become completely overconfident when he already knew how strong Fairy Tail was. How did that happen? What had got him so riled up? It was so out of character...

Damn it all... Sorry Heathel, I can do better...

Geozaki Geozaki

Kiara slowly stood up, her shield and any of her other weapons that she hadn’t yet collected all vanished as she picked herself up off the floor. Kiara clutched her arm, when she’d been sent crashing unto the ground she’d landed on it with pretty much all of her weight and to say it was a little painful at this point in time was a definite understatement. Kiara let go of her arm and walked over to Hayden, holding her hand out to him in an offer to help him up. “That was fun.” She said with a smile. “We should have a rematch sometime.” She suggested.

Jamey Jamey

Hayden looked up and tried to swallow the pain. The crowd was still cheering and all eyes were on the two of them, so he wasn’t going to complain about how badly his back hurt.

Instead of taking Kiara’s hand, he slapped it like a high five and picked himself up. He was a little pissed, with himself that is, that he’d let himself lose so quickly. However, when Kiara told him she’d had fun, it came back to him, the reason why he’d entered the contest in the first place was to have fun. He chuckled.
“You’re right, you were awesome, that was a good Skirmish. Drinks are on me tonight.”
My wallet is still empty...
Sorry I couldn’t give you a better match. But I won’t go easy on you next time!”

He shot her a cheeky wink, and just like that, he’d found his smile again. After all, simple arena battles aren’t the only way to test someone’s strength, and he’d thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Hayden gave her a light, joking punch on the arm and said with a goofy grin

“Mum always told me not to hit girls, but you fairies are really made of something else. I’m gonna go get a healer to sort my back out.”

He gave her a small salute, and walked out of the arena, trying not to show his injury. At the exit, he turned to her and yelled
“I’ll be watching your next battle! Don’t lose or you’ll make me look even worse!”
And with that, he was gone.

Kiara giggled and saluted to Hayden as he did to her. "I'll do my best!" She called after him as he exited the arena. Kiara smiled and after a moment turned around and walked to the door on the other side of the arena.

Kiara made her way straight towards her little room, once she was inside she immediately removed the bracer that was covering her right arm. Due to her 'condition', Kiara couldn't simply visit the healer when she was wounded, or, at least, when she was wounded on one of her arms or legs. Kiara examined her arm, the metal which now made up her arm was slightly crumpled in certain places, most likely due to the force at which she slammed into the ground near the end of the fight. She sighed, The only person who would properly be able to 'fix' her lived on the other side of Magnolia and the chances of her making it there and back before she was called on to fight again were slim, especially as the streets would likely be packed as a result of the festival. Kiara did know how to 'patch herself up' so she went about doing that, it would have to do, for now, she'd go and get herself properly looked at later.

Jamey Jamey Makomin Makomin ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

By the time the fight ended, will had sat his seat down and was on the edge of it, grinning a bit to himself. That was a hell of a show, he could only he he'd be able to follow up. Kiara was great as always, but so was the pegasus guy, it was a close fight! He was up next though, so he better show himself just as well. Standing up and stretching, he made his way towards his arena entrance and bounced on the balls of his feet, waiting until the door opened up. Fairy tail had come out first last time, so he'd probably come out second..should he make a grand entrance, or keep it understated? Mom would've told him to be smart about it and conserve his magic, but fairy tail would tell him to give it his all on the entrance and the fight. After some internal debating, he settled on going with Adamas' advice, he'd need all his energy if the next person was as tough as kiara or hayden.

Jax Cyrus

Interactions: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

As the fight between the fairy and the other male from Blue Pegasus, the raven-haired male had made his way out of the waiting room and was ushered to the prep room that led towards the entrance of the arena. Jax found himself in slight contemplation as the winner was announced, the fairy just as he examined his own armour worn. Though his armour was like most metal ones that were fashioned similar, the top half of his body was adorned with the standard silver paunce that protected his chest and abdomen alongside a pauldron that extended down towards his upper arm before the long-sleeved shirt he was wearing beforehand accompanied the rest of his arm.

The lower half of his body was however, more covered up from the waist downwards all the way to the caulsse, greave and solleret that aided in protecting him from most attacks. Or at least, he hoped so. He did have to hand it to his guild master for accenting his armour with just enough golden stripes and details to represent Sabertooth. A goldish-yellow logo of the guild was also embedded into the armour plate that was covering his chest. He was also grateful that though he was literally in an armour, he had enough breathing space for his own shirt as to not restrict his movement.

It did, however, seem odd for someone wearing an armour to have a pistol for a weapon of choice. Though, Jax wondered whether he would be using it. His opponent could very well be stronger than he ever was but he guessed that was the fun in competing. As the cheering from the crowd intensified, Makarov's voice that once resonated the arena before resonated again as he introduced who was up for a battle next.

"....Jax Cyrus from Sabertooth!" The crowd cheered louder as the male stepped into the arena. The male waved a hand to the crowd in acknowledgement as he waited for the announcement of his opponent.

He could hear the announcement from where he was, just as clear as everywhere else. Sabertooth...this was bound to be fun! He just had to wait for master makarov to announce hi- "Versus, Will Diamant, from fairytail!". Theeeere it was. Making his way into the arena he gave a casual wave to the cheering crowd, though he wasn't sure who they were really cheering for...it didn't really matter though, all things considered.

Will was dressed as he always was, a brown leather jacket over a simple tee, and comfortable gray pants and boots. He looked more like he was going to take a stroll in the market then enter a fight, but his outside attire never really mattered. Even when he wasn't utilizing his magic, he still boasted a durable personage and a high pain tolerance. Stretching his arms over his head one way, and then the other way as he stretched the rest of his body from side to side, he couldn't help but grin at the sabertooth ahead of him. "Hey, glad to see you decided to partake! Don't hold anything back from this fight, alright!? I can take whatever you've got, so I hope you can do the same!"

The large numbers appeared in the sky, starting the count down from three to nothing. Three....two...one....go. Well, it SHOULD be go. Though rather than move, will continued to do some finishing stretched, still grinning like an absolute dork. "You want to swing first, or should I?"

Makomin Makomin

Jax Cyrus

Jax Cyrus recogised his opponent from before. He noted that he had seen Will Diamant interacting with the fairy that won the previous match. As the countdown started and they were given the go to attack, the raven-haired male couldn't help but wonder whether his nonchalant approach was genuinely a personality trait or a strategy for the fight. Regardless, he didn't care but it was quite awkward for someone he was pitted against to discuss moves first.

"The same goes for you. I'll take whatever you have for me." The male replied as the crowds' cheering subsided slightly, obviously curious as to how the fight would go. He didn't reply to the other male's question, figuring it was rather redundant as it almost seemed like he offered the Sabertooth male to attack first.

Jax raised his hand, a flurry of of black lightning emitted from his palm. Though one would assume he'd direct it at his opponent, his palm cocked up slightly, aiming above Will just as pelts of black lightning, humming and crackling like the usually heard thunder rained upon the Fairy Tail member from a large orb of black that was outlined in yellow. It almost looked like rain from far but the familiar shift of lightning distinguished it.

As the sabertooth member moved, will figured he had taken the initiative to take the first swing, which was fair...he had offered after all. It took only moments, will's sense of combat awareness kicking in. There was lightning in his palm...though it was black...that's a new one to see. Not sure what was coming, he went the safe route of 'cover it all'. Quickly his body hardened and coated itself in glittering blue diamond scales just as the lightning rained down on top of him, battering against his body. Sturdy or not, if he hadn't taken up the defence that would have hurt a lot more than some stinging. Sadly, his clothes handled it far worse than he did, lightning scorches and tears appearing in his jacket and tee.

"Okay, this kind've stings, let's get out of it!". Kicking forward off the ground he started to run straight for his opponent, bringing his hand out to his side in an open palm motion. "Diamond dragon claw!". In quick order, the scaled plating on his arm seemed to double up as his fingers extended into sickle like diamond blades, at least a foot long. Stopping short of his opponent, he brought his hand back to swing forward in an effort to claw into him.

He wasn't sure how long he could keep a full coating up without eating...not long, for sure. And even then, his pack was mostly coal, which granted him hardly any energy, and he doubted he could fumble through the bag for an actual gem in the fight. He was going to have to drop the coating, or finish the fight quickly.

Jax Cyrus

Boastfulness, in Jax's opinion was a sure factor in ensuring one failed their battle. However, the male had to admit that he had never seen an opponent attack him with magic abilities of diamond. At the most, glass but the priced rock caught him off guard as he saw the ends of extended blades glimmering more than a usual blade did.

As Will charged at the male, the raven-haired male found himself maneuvering out of the way-- an obvious, who would want to be actually stabbed? Though, he did not expect the diamond blades to be longer than half a foot. As such, he did receive a few scratches along the armour protecting his chest and his sleeves. With that, he felt the hard rock scrapped against the skin on his arm slightly.

Glancing back at the male, he figured that trying to rid of his diamond armour would be in his best interest. Or at least, weakening it. "Gotta give props to that armour of yours." Jax gave a small grin just as he begin running.

He begin to circle the male with his hands extended, conjuring up black lightning with glints of goldish-yellow that soon turned into beams. He then begin shooting at Will with it, methodically aiming for various parts of his armour, in hopes that it would at least, weaken it.

oomph=1000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back