• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Magical Teacher Professor Landry! - A Supernatural University RP

Teal

Certifiably Political
Magical Teacher Professor Landry! - Imagine the Magic School Bus, but in University, and also without a bus. Now, replace Ms. Frizzle with Rebecca Landry - an auburn-haired lab-coated love-freak, who has a degree drawn in crayon that certifies her as a Professor of "Love and Fightiology." Finally, add Secret!Magic, mythical creatures and forget that thing about happy endings - and you've got Magical Teacher Professor Landry!, a totally normal game set in a totally normal school on the totally normal planet Earth.

Players will be her students, and have to balance the challenges of campus life with the dangers of being in Love and Fightiology. Remember! Ninja ate my homework is never a valid excuse.

Ninja do not eat homework.

This was a popular game I ran on another forum a while back, so I'm trying to get a revival going. As you might guess from the flavor, Magical Teacher Professor Landry! is a Highschool Drama RP, but set in a University (so, older characters). The game itself is something of a giant crossover - players can be pretty much anything. Secret agents, super soldiers, magicians, demons, fairies, normal humans - it's all fair game. A lot of inspiration is drawn from the Magical Girl and Shonen genres of Anime - as well as more deconstructionist pieces like Evangelion. The Horror elements mostly come from the latter.

Mostly.

Anyway, I have some interest from my old group (not sure how many will sign up), but I'm also looking for new players to flesh the rooster out. We'll be picking up where the last game stopped. That'd be October 31st, during the Amaranth Academy's Hallows Eve Festival, where the campus becomes a carnival out Spirited Away and strange masked figures are entertained by exhibitions of student talent. New Player Characters will be enjoying their last night before being transferred to Professor Landry's Homeroom (default reason: Paperwork error. You may or may not know about this). This'll be a slice-of-life piece to begin, and where it'll go will depend on the characters involved. Life in Amaranth is, usually, just a little eccentric.

No prior knowledge of the game's events is required (continuity shifts might make this preferable) - I'll be providing whatever information is necessary to new players during Character Creation.

So, any interested parties out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Teal knows well that I am interested (already banked a character sheet), but I may as well say it here to make it public.

Alright, Character Creation's up. Let's see how this goes:

For anyone wondering, I generally will only be posting substantive content like this in and around weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back