• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magical Girls- redraider and Sunny41

redraider

It was a crisp, fall Saturday, and Claire woke up with a smile. The brunette turned off her alarm clock and got herself dressed. Today was a big day, after all. Salome was supposed to be coming over for her first lesson as an apprentice magical girl. Claire mentally went over her notes- see her transformation up close, maybe some light, nonmagical sparring to see how she fights and deals with unexpected situations, things like that. Figure out how best to use her powers and skills.

Claire's apartment was rather spartan. Plain white walls, no decorations- with one notable exception. A painting a fan had done of her and Mermaid Splash, racing into battle against some unknown enemy. She'd never been able to bear putting it away- perhaps it meant admitting defeat. Perhaps it was the last gasp of her old optimism. Perhaps she'd just run out of storage space. Regardless, there it was, and there it would stay.

A knock on the door distracted Claire from her thoughts. She went and opened it, excited to meet her new pupil.

It was a crisp, fall Saturday, and Claire woke up with a smile. The brunette turned off her alarm clock and got herself dressed. Today was a big day, after all. Salome was supposed to be coming over for her first lesson as an apprentice magical girl. Claire mentally went over her notes- see her transformation up close, maybe some light, nonmagical sparring to see how she fights and deals with unexpected situations, things like that. Figure out how best to use her powers and skills.

Claire's apartment was rather spartan. Plain white walls, no decorations- with one notable exception. A painting a fan had done of her and Mermaid Splash, racing into battle against some unknown enemy. She'd never been able to bear putting it away- perhaps it meant admitting defeat. Perhaps it was the last gasp of her old optimism. Perhaps she'd just run out of storage space. Regardless, there it was, and there it would stay.

A knock on the door distracted Claire from her thoughts. She went and opened it, excited to meet her new pupil.
"Let's see...keys, check. Phone, check. Notepad, check!"

Salomé double checked to ensure she was carrying all the necessary items in her tote bag. It was finally the day. A day she was waiting for since the start of the month: the beginning of her magical girl training. At first, there was suspicion of the mysterious flyer that was posted just outside of her university campus. Had it not been for the regular abnormal occurrences that happened in the city, an ad such as that would've been seen as a joke. At this point, every citizen had at seen a magical girl fight at least once.

Once she gave herself a look over in the mirror, the girl made her way out of her dorm room. Although nervous, Salomé pushed forward and made her way downtown to the nearest bus station. As she rode the bus, she couldn't help but imagine what the apprenticeship would be like. Would she learn all the skills quickly? Or would she require more time? This wouldn't be anything like learning about aromaticity that was for sure.

"Now stopping at 57th ave," the bus driver spoke over the intercom.

Salomé made her way to the exit and entered the apartment complex. She searched for apartment 250 and walked to her destination. This was it.

She knocked on the door twice. Waiting to meet her mentor. Once the door opened, Salomé greeted her mentor calmly.

"Hello, it I very nice to meet you. I'm Salomé Aguilar but you can just call Me Salomé. I'm here for the magical girl apprenticeship."

"Ah, I figured as much." Claire led Salome into her apartment. "Come on, sit down. I don't bite... much." She took a spot herself, and started to discuss things with her apprentice.

"Now, I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not sure anyone's tried to do anything like this before. I mean, actually instructing a magical girl in fighting the bad guys. My own learning process was mostly trial and error." The more experienced girl made a sour face. "As in, 'I'd rather have been on trial than deal with this crap' and 'I made an error in judgement'. It may look glitzy and glamorous, but it's deadly serious work. You make a mistake, you might not come home. And every time you transform, you accept the risk."

Salomé laughed when Claire said she didnt bite much. She wasn't expecting her mentor would have a sense of humor. She had professors who were either somewhere between being overly strict or laid back. She usually preferred the laid back ones like her anatomy professor Dr. Thompson.

The Latina listened to the lecture Clarie gave. Of course she knew it was a risk, everyone in Crystal City knew being a magical girl was a hazardous job. That's why there weren't as many magical girls as there are policemen and sanitation workers. And yet, knowing this hadn't deterred Salomé away. She didn't understand the reason herself. Becoming a magical girl just seemed...right.

"I know that it won't be an easy journey. I know that there are risks attached and responsibilities I will need to fill. I don't know what the future will look like, but right now I'm certain about my drive for this job."

(Ooc: Sorry about the late reply! I think I'm finally getting used to my new schedule so I might be able to reply a little more. Hope you are doing well.)

"That's good." Claire nodded as Salome accepted what came with being a magical girl. "Now, let's see what you can do- put you through your paces." The raven-haired girl reached into a drawer and pulled out a necklace, gold with a black crystal. Salome would be able to feel the magic flowing through it, a complement to Claire's own.

The brunette concentrated- there wasn't a cheesy catchphrase or anything, for the simple reason Claire had never been able to think of one that worked. The shadows swirled around her, covering her, and when they receded, Claire was transformed into Nightingale. She conjured a ball of darkness in her hand, then let it fade back into nothingness.

"And here I am. I want to see your transformation, Salome. Give me an idea of what I have to work with here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back