• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic ☆ is Dead

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]Dante: "why do I always get myself into these messes?...."

[/QUOTE]
'Cause all the Peaceguard ladies don't know it, but they're secretly and inexplicably attracted to him. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Spazzycat101 said:
'Cause all the Peaceguard ladies don't know it, but they're secretly and inexplicably attracted to him. :P
Don't feed his already humongous ego. Its painful.

@Spazzycat101

Honestly not sure how Pallas could be attracted to Dante when all she wants to do is lock him away for being a public danger, but if that's what you think then I'll roll with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not to mention my clear stance on her sexual orientation, but eh.

@CRiTiCAL ERR0R

This is something I feel very much

Along with the extreme awe I get whenever I read Dante's posts and realize that his thought-divining skills are pretty well-developed, for someone who's already got skills in energy manipulation. Isn't it a great thing that Dante's got so much going for him? He'll probably never get into any trouble at this rate o:

@One Mean Ghost

That's not it at all; in fact, I don't mind Dante apart from his rather impressive ability to filch Pallas' thoughts and respond to them accordingly. And his ability to practically dodge around every obstacle people have wittingly and unwittingly placed in his path.

The point I'm trying to make here, with all possible niceness, is that things get tiring when your character wins all the time. Everyone loves Dante because he's sexy and attracts the ladies. That's great and all, but hearing about it for 20-odd OOC pages and then practically forcing my very gay character to appreciate him is taking things a little too far. Then Dante wants to escape all detection about being a mage. That's great too, especially since it would really be a pity if someone died so early on and the Peaceguards won out when they're supposed to be the bad people enforcing corrupted, selfish laws, but it's not so great when he escapes absolutely scott-free. Look at it this way: would it be fun if I had made Pallas immediately figure out Dante's ability, survive it without fainting and then somehow drag him over to Blackgate? That would be terrible, honestly, and I know that well enough so that I'm trying to make her go about things more subtly. But what you're doing is almost the equivalent of that, and while we've been trying to point it out as vaguely as we could you didn't seem to pick up on things.

If I appear to be blunt or insensitive, I apologize profusely-- but please note that I'm a lot better at vague comments and varying levels of sarcasm that direct negotiation. What my aim is here, by telling you this directly, is that I hope Dante will be a little less OP when it comes to responding to unvoiced thoughts and weaseling his way out of situations. Whether you take my aim as is or interpret something else out of it is entirely up to you, because the written word is fickle and what I could say may be very well misinterpreted.

Anyhow, I'll try get a post up for Altair before dinner ^^

HeartsAbyss said:
@One Mean Ghost
That's not it at all; in fact, I don't mind Dante apart from his rather impressive ability to filch Pallas' thoughts and respond to them accordingly. And his ability to practically dodge around every obstacle people have wittingly and unwittingly placed in his path.

The point I'm trying to make here, with all possible niceness, is that things get tiring when your character wins all the time. Everyone loves Dante because he's sexy and attracts the ladies. That's great and all, but hearing about it for 20-odd OOC pages and then practically forcing my very gay character to appreciate him is taking things a little too far. Then Dante wants to escape all detection about being a mage. That's great too, especially since it would really be a pity if someone died so early on and the Peaceguards won out when they're supposed to be the bad people enforcing corrupted, selfish laws, but it's not so great when he escapes absolutely scott-free. Look at it this way: would it be fun if I had made Pallas immediately figure out Dante's ability, survive it without fainting and then somehow drag him over to Blackgate? That would be terrible, honestly, and I know that well enough so that I'm trying to make her go about things more subtly. But what you're doing is almost the equivalent of that, and while we've been trying to point it out as vaguely as we could you didn't seem to pick up on things.

If I appear to be blunt or insensitive, I apologize profusely-- but please note that I'm a lot better at vague comments and varying levels of sarcasm that direct negotiation. What my aim is here, by telling you this directly, is that I hope Dante will be a little less OP when it comes to responding to unvoiced thoughts and weaseling his way out of situations. Whether you take my aim as is or interpret something else out of it is entirely up to you, because the written word is fickle and what I could say may be very well misinterpreted.

Anyhow, I'll try get a post up for Altair before dinner ^^
I acknowledged I was making that mistake when it was last brought up in OOC, and in my last post I tried to pull it back. I wasn't trying to force your character into anything either. (though I did joke about it, I wasn't being serious)

I really had no intention of Dante getting out of this scott-free. But it wouldn't make sense if he just completely cooperated without at least TRYING to weasel his way out of it.

Thank you for just saying it directly. I'll keep working on dialing him back in posts, but please understand that making him OP or having him mindreading was never my intent. I was just trying to keep him from getting killed off before things really get started... Again, I apologize and will be working on correcting the issues in my future posts.

@One Mean Ghost

Ahh, the power of misinterpreting the written word... it's why I hate the idea of teaching essays, for instance, rather than just letting students go off on their own to vent their spleen in a more visible fashion, like through a debate. There are levels of doing things and I appreciate that you're trying to give Dante a well-balanced response to the situation, but yes, toning it down would be most helpful ^^

Thank you for taking this a lot better than I expected you to take it (but then again, the other site I'm on is filled with prepubescent teenagers who believe any dissenting opinion is an attempt at bullying, so I really can't compare you to them) and for responding so nicely, though~ Anyhow, I'll make sure Pallas doesn't try kill off Dante (even if she desperately wants to) so I'll negotiate with her a little on the matter.

Anyhow, back to post-writing I go then.

I find it funny that Cassandra is becoming a magnet for people to bump into. xD

@One Mean Ghost, its not that you're unwanted, but it is just as Abyss said. Just, allow him to fault, maybe not respond to a person't thoughts in their posts, and definitely tone down the "everyone loves Dante; all the girls think he's sexy." It was funny the first page or two in the ooc, but its just kind of.. doing the opposite effect now. It feels like we're being forced to think Dante is godly attractive and its bothersome. He isn't a bad character. I think just about every rp needs that one character that fits the protag build, and I can say Dante's whimsical nature allows him to fit that build. But, subtlety to the attraction factor, and showing why he's so attractive than saying that he just is, I feel, would be more beneficial.

//done and done with that, moving onto next topic.

So tomorrow I'm going to a concert in San Francisco~

Gonna see The GazettE! Its a meet-and-greet too. So I actually get to meet them and talk to them. HNNNG <333

//brushes off Japanese speaking skillz

@One Mean Ghost

Don't assume that Dante always has to go it alone.

Sometimes you find help in unexpected places. : 3

...unless this is one of those frying pan/fire situations. Who knows. I'll never tell. > D

@CRiTiCAL ERR0R

Sorry that Urie got left there. D :

You can have him follow Tale if you like.

And kick him in the shin for forgetting about him.

Saccharine Cyanide] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24441-one-mean-ghost/ said:
@One Mean Ghost[/URL]
Don't assume that Dante always has to go it alone.

Sometimes you find help in unexpected places. : 3

...unless this is one of those frying pan/fire situations. Who knows. I'll never tell. > D

@CRiTiCAL ERR0R

Sorry that Urie got left there. D :

You can have him follow Tale if you like.

And kick him in the shin for forgetting about him.
It's okay. It adds more to the idea that Urie can fade into a crowd likea ghost~

@HeartsAbyss

I'm guessing it was totally intentional that I have not Idea what Altair's emotions are even though I read his post xD ....I literally would not know if he wanted to murder my character....poor Mirage having to deal with my stupidity.

Oh dear... I want to sleep but there's a cat on my pillow. And she's purring. That makes me not wanna move her. (:<)

-replacing the chorus in 'Tradition' from 'Fiddler on the Roof'-

Dilemma!

Spazzycat101 said:
Oh dear... I want to sleep but there's a cat on my pillow. And she's purring. That makes me not wanna move her. (:<)
-replacing the chorus in 'Tradition' from 'Fiddler on the Roof'-

Dilemma!
Use the cat as pillow then?

My cats don't mind me doing that xD

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]Use the cat as pillow then?
My cats don't mind me doing that xD

[/QUOTE]
O.o

Somehow I don't think that would work.

She just now jolted at some noise... and nearly fell off of the bed and between it and a nightstand thingy. And got stuck on my headboard.

Yeeeeeeah somehow I don't think that would work with how jumpy the lil' cottonball is. ^-^"

Spazzycat101 said:
O.o
Somehow I don't think that would work.

She just now jolted at some noise... and nearly fell off of the bed and between it and a nightstand thingy. And got stuck on my headboard.

Yeeeeeeah somehow I don't think that would work with how jumpy the lil' cottonball is. ^-^"
Well... you might get a few scratches but it would still work!

Just think, if she starts purring it's a headmassage!

HeartsAbyss said:
@One Mean Ghost
Ahh, the power of misinterpreting the written word... it's why I hate the idea of teaching essays, for instance, rather than just letting students go off on their own to vent their spleen in a more visible fashion, like through a debate. There are levels of doing things and I appreciate that you're trying to give Dante a well-balanced response to the situation, but yes, toning it down would be most helpful ^^

Thank you for taking this a lot better than I expected you to take it (but then again, the other site I'm on is filled with prepubescent teenagers who believe any dissenting opinion is an attempt at bullying, so I really can't compare you to them) and for responding so nicely, though~ Anyhow, I'll make sure Pallas doesn't try kill off Dante (even if she desperately wants to) so I'll negotiate with her a little on the matter.

Anyhow, back to post-writing I go then.
That "other site" sounds like an exact definition for fanfiction.net. xD

@Falling Nebula

I'm honestly amazed my intent came across clearly, because that's exactly what I'm trying to do with Altair-- I want you to try and figure out what his emotions are, as opposed to the relative ease with which I show Pallas' emotions. I guess it's because Pallas is more of the straightforward I'll-show-you-what-I-want type, whereas Altair's more of the I'll-show-you-what-I-want-but-I'm-buggered-if-you-really-know type. If that makes sense, of course. Sleep is not exactly good friends with me at the current moment in time orz

@BlightGiver

Surprisingly, I'm not referring to that platform.

Though I do hear it's pretty bad over there, the one I'm on has lots of sensitive children. Some even come with the added bonus of emotional immaturity, despite professing to be parents and being in their mid-adulthood o:

Omfg (not OMG this time xD ), The GazettE in concert was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back