• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Magia Quintet [PMMM AU]

Been awhile since I've seen the anime, but this looks interesting. What exactly does the Wildcard do?

The Wildcard is the most versatile girl of the group. Not only does she have a lot of talents and skills, but also has the least specialized magical ability. Think of Mami's ribbons, how they could be used to ensnare opponents, added to Mami's mobility, create items, or even attached to Homura to negate her time freezing abilities. The Brains would be in charge of the group, meaning they'd be the one assigning jobs for the Wildcard to do. That could be anything from making supermarket runs to paralyzing the witch to delivering the finishing blow.

I really want to join but...could you possibly explain the Fail-Safe class a bit more?

Last edited by a moderator:
DippingSauce said:
I really want to join but...could you possibly explain the Fail-Safe class a bit more?
For the Fail-safe, think about Homura and her time powers. Homura was mostly just trying to keep Madoka alive, but indirectly kept the rest of the girls alive by constantly resetting the timeline. Preferably, our Fail-safe wouldn't have time reset powers, but would have some way of making sure that the other girls wouldn't die, or at least die permanently. If the team did die, it would be the Fail-safe's job to bring them all back to life somehow. Since I'm not very creative on this, it's up to whoever takes this class to come up with a way of bringing them all back to life. But you can do this basically however you want; I'm not going to be too strict on powers, given the source material.

On the note of powers, I have only two requirements.

1. The power has to, in some sensible way, be tied to the wish or the circumstances surrounding the wish.
  2. The power cannot be something displayed in the anime. I have not read the manga spin-offs, so those are fair game.

Noivian said:
For the Fail-safe, think about Homura and her time powers. Homura was mostly just trying to keep Madoka alive, but indirectly kept the rest of the girls alive by constantly resetting the timeline. Preferably, our Fail-safe wouldn't have time reset powers, but would have some way of making sure that the other girls wouldn't die, or at least die permanently. If the team did die, it would be the Fail-safe's job to bring them all back to life somehow. Since I'm not very creative on this, it's up to whoever takes this class to come up with a way of bringing them all back to life. But you can do this basically however you want; I'm not going to be too strict on powers, given the source material.
Alright, I'm pretty sure I have an OC lying around my PC that can fit that role nicely.

Also...as this is listed as a Detailed Roleplay, would a single paragraph be considered lacking? If so I don't mind going outside of my comfort zone...or looking someplace else, I just want to make sure I'm not potentially stealing a free spot that would be better off in the hands of a more capable writer.

The Detailed tag was mostly to keep out the people who mingle in Casual that type one-liners. As long as the post is legible and longer than one line, it's fine. I'd prefer at least two paragraphs, but I'm also really lenient on what a "paragraph" is. For example, this whole block of text could be considered a paragraph in my book. It's got five sentences, after all.

But it's not like I'm going to sift through everyone's posts and count sentences. As long as you put effort into your posts, it's fine.

Noivian said:
The Detailed tag was mostly to keep out the people who mingle in Casual that type one-liners. As long as the post is legible and longer than one line, it's fine. I'd prefer at least two paragraphs, but I'm also really lenient on what a "paragraph" is. For example, this whole block of text could be considered a paragraph in my book. It's got five sentences, after all.
But it's not like I'm going to sift through everyone's posts and count sentences. As long as you put effort into your posts, it's fine.
Very well then, if that's the case then I'm sure I can manage. I'll gladly take the Fail-Safe role...if you'll have me that is.

Yup, of course! Now we just need one more person for the Brain!

Gigi said:
@Noivian Could you elaborate on what type of person you the brains would be? Except for knowledge on subject.
As far as personality goes, they can be absolutely anything. All the characters depend on you five and who you want to play as. The only things I require for each niche is that they fulfill their roles. The Brains, in this case, must be a master strategist, or be as close to one as a middle/high school girl can get. They'll essentially act like the leader of the group, calling the shots and making the plans, and the making sure everyone follows through on the plan. They're also in charge of keeping morale up and properly distributing Grief Seeds so no one turns into a witch. The Brain's plan doesn't always have to work on the first go, but they should always be able to make the tough decisions and decide who does what and attacks from where.

Characters, in general, should not be younger than ten or older than eighteen. These are girls, after all, and the girls in the show were generally around the ages of 13-16. Be realistic, but add your own flair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back