• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Madness Reigns (an alice in wonderland story)

awriternamedian

Not made of lies and deceit
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Welcome to Wonderland, babe. Do you know our darling Alice? Oh really, have you seen her lately? All of wonderland has felt the misery of her leaving. At least, most of us. We've just not been the same since. Well, do you know what we did next? It was mad, I tell you, simply mad. 'Rabbit Holes' were opened all over the world! Slowly, children began to trickle in, drawn by Seekers, cards whose job it was to find young boys and girls and lead them here. It was going just fine for a while. The children would come, explore, have fun, and then they'd go home at supper time. Everything was fine and dandy, until he showed up.

Oh dear, I suppose we really should have expected this. I mean, the Rabbit Holes were always open, just in case a child should happen to wander in. Nobody expected somebody a little older to fall in though. What his name really was, who knows, but we called him Joker. As in that card that rarely gets used in games, but when it is, it tends to beat everything else? Yeah, that Joker. He was probably 18 or 19. It was enough though. His mind was old enough to warp our beloved Wonderland. Many of its animal inhabitants, including the Cheshire Cat, grew human forms, so they could switch back and forth at will, and all seemed to be growing up somewhat. Exchanging childish ways for a more adult point of view.

Now you might say that this could be a good thing. The good guys, the ones who always wanted to help the children, would simply grow even kinder. Wrong. Because see, there are no good guys in Wonderland. Everyone is mad, simply mad. All Joker has done is twisted our madness. And take over, too. No longer does the Queen of Hearts rule our beloved place, though she was a cruel and spoiled lady, but now Joker does, merely keeping our Queen as a pet.

And now adults are falling into the Rabbit Holes, drawn by Joker. Oh deary me, what shall we do? We all know the mad thing to do, but then, our definition of mad has changed drastically. Well then, what would you do?

So this would be kind of a combination of the original two books, plus the original disney movie (the animated one), plus things from other Alice in Wonderland related things, but would take place post-Alice. I'll have a list of canon characters that can be chosen from. You're allowed to have multiple characters, but only one canon. This will be somewhere between casual and detailed, with a minimum of two-three paragraphs per post. Hope y'all are interested!

I'm interested.

I'd like either the Tweedles or Dormouse but only the former if I can find somebody to play a brother...

Seems interesting. Have some ideas for characters with more "adult" forms of madness. Cult Leaders are fun, right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back