• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mad World

HollyLeafForever

Every Adventure Requires a First Step
(Based off the song!)

Here its a mad world. Everyone is a freak. And its totally normal. Everyone has a name, but nobody is called by their true name. Here, people have names based off of their theme. Hair, eyes, makeup, outfits- it all counts towards your theme. The men don't wear makeup or do their hair as the women do, but they aren't hard to depict. All the girls wear big, poofy and dramatic dresses while all the guys wear tuxes. What will happen in this odd world?

Rp set in the late London era- 1850s, I think?

Last edited by a moderator:
The big city all the flashing lights and beautiful sounds coming from everywhere. Walking down the main street and about 4 blocks down, theres the club. Now the club is anything but normal, after all with the name Club Lust is there anything that would make you think it was the same as any other club? When you walk in the door all you see is colors, black, green, yellow, pink, cream, brown, white, red, colors like that everywhere.

This place seems like it would be able to hold over a billion people and it seems as if the bar there would be able to serve them all as well. You look around and to your left is a 65 foot long bar table and the back is filled with every alcoholic beverage you could imagine, and of course bartenders. Theres only 3 or 4 of them working a night, but there all skilled in mixology and live to serve their customers.

On the other side of the room you have found is the buffet table which is always filled with food freshly made and of the best quality. Its filled with red, white and tender meats. Along with salads, and fruits of the best quality.The food is restocked every hour and has fresh food put onto it.

Then you look into the middle, theres a dance floor thats about 75 by 90 feet long and its full of different dresses and suits all colors and styles. Around the dance floor at the back are the tables where you will dine and drink if you're not at the bar table.

The tables are draped in different colored cloths and seat 5 to 15 people. The chairs have the most comfortable fabric imagined for your busum, after all the guests deserve the best right?

This place is not for the poor, its for the rich and themed. Not the famous but the themed, you will not find yourself in this club without a theme to go by. Whether its Mystery,Goth or any other theme you could ever think of creating.

Mystery had invited a bunch of her friends with her to go and check out the new club. They had all agreed after hearing how different it was supposed to be and decided it would be fun to do something different. Little did they all know that once your there its hard to ever want to leave.

The limo was waiting outside of Mystery's mansion and yet nobody was there yet, it was 10 minutes past the time that they were all supposed to meet her at her house.

she had just finished calling them all to reminding them about Club Lust and how they were all supposed to meet her at her place to check it out.

Mystery sat down on a chair on her porch and waited for her friends to come so they could all check out this wonderful sounding club.

MACAO_INTERIOR_BAR_SHOT_reduced.jpg
macao-trading-co.jpg
images

regency_12.jpg

Duality smoothed out her dress and messed around with her hair. She had just received a call from Mystery, a good friend of hers, that made her rush to finish getting ready. She slipped on her favorite pair of heels and grabbed her purse. She checked her makeup one last time before heading outside.

Luckily for her, Mystery's house was just a quick minute away. She checked her purse on the way, making sure everything she pre-packed was there.

She wondered briefly about what this 'Club Lust' place was all about, as she thought that it would be the same as others. However, Mystery had assured her that it was different from others, and she became excited.

Nearing Mystery's house, Duality saw a figure on her porch. Getting closer, she saw that it was Mystery in an amazing dress. Duality greeted her with a smile, said hello, then took a seat in a chair next to her. She waited for their other friends.

Spectrum had just gotten a call from his BEST FRIEND Mystery, she'd said that there was a new club and that she was inviting her other friends to come along as well, and though he cared little for the type of people or the type of alcohol they usually had at these more modern clubs, well, he didn't care much for alcohol in general but he was absolutely THRILLED by the idea that he was finally going to meet these friends Mystery had spoken of, no matter what kind of people they were he was sure they'd be wonderful people if Mystery liked them. He would've been there on time as per usual, but with all of the things he'd been doing lately with studies and whatnot, it'd simply slipped his mind. The only thing he could consider a problem at the moment was the fact that he lived so far from Mystery's place of residence that he'd be even more late if he continued loitering in front of the grand piece of architecture he called home.

He took one last look at his home before rushing to the vehicle waiting in the driveway, "Okay, um yes... We should probably get going, Nathan, Mystery awaits my arrival!"
Todd shouted dramatically, following up with a bit of childish laughter as the rather handsome driver pushed his foot down on the gas pedal, speeding off in the direction of Mystery's mansion.

It didn't take as long as the
colorful man had anticipated, as he arrived he noticed one woman making her way to the mansion on foot, and his best friend sitting out on the porch, awaiting her guest's arrival. Spectrum tugged on his bow tie, making sure that it wasn't too crooked, he wanted to make a good impression on these stranger's Mystery was expecting. He looked in the rear view mirror, "I could look better, but I should be grateful for the lack of acne~" He said, then making a goofy face in the mirror before he stepped out of the car.

(Sorry, I really like the rainbows, and since it's his theme I believe it's appropriate.)

tumblr_n528134Pi71skoc5no1_500.gif

He's the devil dressed as a man.

Danger had his elbow propped up on the bar counter, with his other hand lazily going back up to his mouth to take a long drawl from a cigarette. He was amused on watching all the guests enjoy themselves, their entertainment assisted by the blasting music, drinks and food in their hands. Laughter and chatting voices filled the air in the room. A soft smirk appeared on his thin lips.

Tonight for the occasion, Danger was dressed in his usual attire - a sharp night-black suit, with a blood-red tie and rose flower brooch. He looked as though he was imitating a ghost with his pale-white face makeup, and the black soot smudged under his dark eyes and eyelids. He looked rather bold and mysterious.

A small voice in the back of Danger's mind suddenly piped up, just as he laid eyes on a young mistress in a rather revealing gown in the middle of the dancefloor.

"Why not go out there and enjoy yourself?"

Danger heaved out a long sigh. He knew he couldn't - at least not yet. He was working at the bar this night at Club Lust, and even if there weren't any customers for him to tend to at the moment, he might get caught leaving his post.

"Your post behind the next-to-empty bar."

He straightened up from his spot, and tapped a few times on the end of his cigarette to knock off the ashes. If we wasn't going to anything but gawk at the women like a loser the whole night, he might as well pour himself a drink.

Mystery had nodded politely to Duality, and smiled when Spectrum walked up the stairs. "You know Spectrum, you could have just taken a Taxi, right?" She giggled "Now guys were just waiting for Simplicity to come, and if he doesn't hurry up i swear were going to leave him to go by himself!" She looked around at the others "What do you think?"

"You know what happened last time, Mystery." Ah, yes, taxis... Uh, no, thank you very much, but after the... 'incident' I will never use public transportation again. He shuddered just at the thought of it, "And I don't actually think I've met your friends before~" And he hadn't, many things about Mystery were, well, a mystery, and until today her friends were one of them. Of course she'd met his friends, most were not themed, but he loved them all the same. Except for his ex. He absolutely, positively, hated that man. In the nicest meaning of the word, of course~

"Oh thats right, how rude of me!" She stood up and looked at Duality, "Duality this is SPectrum! Spectrum Duality." She smiled and nodded her head as she looked at both of them, "Now i hope you guys will get along! I swear if you don't i will be so upset!"

Duality smiled. She held out her hand. "Hello. As Mystery just explained, I'm Duality. It's nice to meet you," she said in a soft tone. She wanted to make a good first impression. Her heterochromatic eyes always seemed to light up whenever she met a new person, if she was in a good mood, that is.

Simples ran to mystery's car

"Sorry I'm late" he said

After getting in the car he fumbled with his seatbelt. It came out of a small hole and seemed to never stop getting longer when he puled it. It simply didn't make sense to the man and that didn't include the metallic bit at the end

"Where does this go" he said holding the metallic bit at eye level. "All these fancy contraptions stump me sometimes"

Mystery laughed "Hey Simples were on the porch!" She said as she began to walk down the steps. She turned and looked at Duality and Spectrum "You coming?" She asked with a huge smile on her face as she turned and looked at Simples trying to understand how to get into the car.

He dropped the seatbelt. It seems the new contraption had baffled him again. Everyday Simples got led astray from his normal routine by interesting thingy-bobs and contraptions. However this was the worst it had ever gotten. Sliding out of the car he came up to the porch.

"Sorry I did that" he said "It's just these things ..... they ... they.... their so complex!" he looked back at the car baffled at it's existence.

'I'm Simples" he smiled at the group.

Spectrum giggled at the funny simpleton, meaning simpleton in the nicest meaning of the word, of course~ "Hello~" The colorful man spoke, hand covering his mouth so that he wouldn't burst into full on laughter, that would be very rude! "I'm Spectrum~." He found it quite enjoyable to be meeting these friends Mystery spoke so little about. "This is going to be so much fun!" Todd said in his usual over enthusiastic way, clapping his hands together. When his eyes opened again they sparked with energy, he then looked over at Mystery, wondering if he'd told her he didn't drink.

(OMG, PFF, RAINBOWS~)

((Sorry to break out of character here but I'm pretty sure that's a coding error, at least on my end. Also there is text colour built into the system))

(I know, everything flipped out at the last second :sweat:)

(Also, the whole code thing, know it's built in, the site did it. It's been doing that to me a lot lately...)

Mystery laughed, "Simples! Your so simple." She then smiled and motioned everyone into the car, "Now since were all here, Driver could you take us to Club Lust please?" She asked looking at the front seat of the limo, to which he nodded his head and began driving to Club Lust.

(I'm going to have to stop doing the rainbow colors, it keeps glitching out and it's really time-consuming.)

Spectrum looked out the window a moment, Mystery had a really view from up where she lived. It was one of the few things related to her that wasn't a Mystery, "Soooooo~" He turned to everyone, "Isn't it fun having all of us themed people just..." He paused a moment, "Chilling? Is that what the young people are supposed to say?" He wasn't sure, he'd heard cool used as a positive adjective but wasn't sure why cold would be considered negative. Todd brushed his hair out of his eyes, looking over at his mysterious friend, still not sure whether or not he should bring up his lack of drinking habits, he didn't go to clubs often but he was sure that was what people would expect him to do there.

"Chilling?" Simples said with a puzzled expression on his face. "I don't think we're cooling down in here, but I do think it's nice for all of us to get together and have a nice time." He finished with a smile.

"So what's the club like?"

tumblr_my15wnPpRh1rdyb1lo1_500.png

Danger took a quick glance to his side - then his other side - to see if any of the other bartenders working had their eyes on him. When he confirmed that he was far from the center of anyone's attention, his dark eyes flashed with mischief.

Gerard propped his cigarette between his teeth, dangling out of the corner of his smirking mouth. He placed a hand firmly on the counter, took half a step back, and suddenly swung himself swiftly up and over the bar. He gladly straightened up to his feet, turned around to face the bar, then quickly bent over to reach an arm under the counter. From his training as a bartender, he skillfully grabbed a large bottle of a peculiar looking alcohol, and a tall sparkling wine glass.

He hummed lightly as he began to pour himself a drink, smoke blowing from his nostrils. The drink had a very mysterious appearance - it wasn't your normal red wine. The liquid was the purest shade of black, making it look like Gerard had stained the glass with ink. Although, the drink had eerie blood-red swirls, melting and swirling through the black drink.

Now rather proud of himself, Danger spun on his heel, drink in hand, and looked out to the new guests filling through the entrance doors. He took the cigarette from his mouth, blew out a long stream of smoke, and took a long contante sip of his drink.

The limo arrived at Club Lust, "Were here!!" Mystery said with a smile "Lets all walk into together okay?" She said as she waited foe everyone to get out of the car

Spectrum stepped out of the vehicle, once again he tugged at the ends of his bowtie to make sure it wouldn't be too loose and blah, the door of the limo nearly closed on his butt, causing him to jump at the feeling of the door brushing against his backside, "Oh my goodness!" He looked back, yes, his behind was still there, "A close encounter with the shore shan't mar the butt of my pants, uhuhu~" He said with a joyful grin and a bit of cheerful laughter, "Hmm, well." He glanced over his shoulder, had the door closed on the others? Probably, Todd was feeling a bit clumsy today so he didn't think he should stand too close to the door, "Um, ahem... So...?"

(Apologies, hoping to get everyone and their backsides over here. SCOOT YA BOOT.)

Mystery laughed as she waved to, Luna who had gotten there earlier. "Oh, guys im sorry i forgot to tell you about Luna and some other people who may be coming! Luna this is everyone." She says motioning to the ones who are outside the car and the ones inside. "And everyone this is Luna!" She said motioning to Luna. "Now lets go PARTY!! Sorta." She smiled and opened up the doors, a form of techno music was playing. She looked over to the bar and looked at everyone else "Go have fun, im going to go get a drink

Spectrum looked around, gosh, it was just a tad bit too loud for his sensitive ears, he looked at the stranger, Luna, "Hello~" He had a smile that was both warm and welcoming, he was very friendly, it's why he had so many non-themed friends. He looked around, did he dare to enter? Well, duh! But where should he go? He didn't know anyone and no one seemed particularly friendly, perhaps he should just loiter around Mystery? He wasn't sure, Todd liked to chat and make friends, but he was feeling unusually uncomfortable and it showed on his pale face, his vibrantly colored eyes drifted, he'd never felt so... So... Awkward and... Lost, not once in his life! And... Club lust? Now, he was beginning to feel oddly about the name, he was unsure of the club and himself for the first time in what seemed like forever, at least since he'd met his best friend, that's when she pointed out the oddities that he called eyes, well she called them that too but that isn't the point.

The point is that the rainbow-themed man was feeling off about all of this, surely all would just be harmless shenanigans, right? Nothing serious could happen, right? Spectrum slapped himself, he shouldn't think that way, he should... Be... Yes, um, positive! "Huh, did you say something?" Of course no one had spoken, but he didn't know that.

tumblr_muvc1wTepG1s0atcjo1_250.gif

Danger's eyes found their way to landing on the entrance of the club, peering over the brim of his glass as he drank. He watched the new wave of guests enter, adding to the noise and busyness of the place. They seemed like pretty normal people at first glance, except for the fact that he unintentionally wrinkled his nose in the direction of the bright man dressed in all rainbows. One person that did very much indeed catch was a deliciously slender woman draped in black sparkly lace. As he watched with narrowed eyes, he noticed that her swaying curves were, luckily, making their way in the direction of the bar. At once he twisted, placing his glass down on the counter behind him with a soft clank.

A large, almost Cheshire cat like, smirk curled over Danger's lips. He raised a hand, taking a deep drawl of his cigarette, and with his other hand cheekily adjusted the black belt around his waist, almost if the silver buckle was nodding at the woman. He closed up the distance between him and the mysterious-looking woman with a slaunter of his hips to the beat of the music.

He moment he reached the girl, he pulled the cigarette from his mouth and very slowly breathed out, letting the smoke curl lazily around the side of his face. He looked the woman up-and-down with his dark eyes, before leaning forward to talk in her ear over the music of the club.

"May I treat you to a drink, mistress? It would only be my pleasure." His voice was silky smooth, laced with his sly tone. You could even hear the smirk in the words that rolled off his tongue.

Mystery smiled, "You may, but first could you tell me your name and the reason why im your pick of the day?" She asked with a smirk on her face which she let show knowing that few people had said something like that too him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back