• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mad Max

2SEATER

Howdy
So I recently rewatched the first two Mad Max movies in preparation for Mad Max: Fury Road, and was thinking it would cool to do a RP based on it.

The plot would be that there is a gang of marauders harassing a small rural town. The townsfolk fight back with the help of some wanderers. Players could be either towns people, wanderers or marauders. We'd use all OCs and everyone would have their own vehicle (if they want).

For those of you who don't know what Mad Max is then it's a series if films about a cop in post-apocalyptic Australia; it's the series that virtually invented the leather apocalypse trend. The world is struggling with a gasoline crisis. The first one, simply Mad Max, takes place not too far in the future, the protagonist is Max, a police officer struggling to keep order in a crumbling world. When Max kills a prominent member of a biker gang said gang comes after Max and his family.

The second one, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (or just The Road Warrior in America) takes place after the first. All civilisation has fallen and the world is ruled by marauders and gangs. Gasoline has become extremely hard to come by. After the events of the first film Max has become a shell of his former self, wandering the outback with his dog. He comes across a gasoline rich community and agrees to protect them from a gang of bandits out to steal their gasoline. The tone has changed completely from the first film, wherein there were still traces of civilisation. The second film's tone is more isolated, taking place in the desert.

I have not seen the third film, though I belive it to be the weakest of the three. The forth, coming this year, takes place between the first and second films, although it looks to be more similar to the second.

Please show interest. This RP is open to anyone, as the general concept isn't that hard to grasp.

Tripodric said:
Sure! May I ask if you've seen the films or not? It doesn't matter, just curious.
No actually but I'll be sure to take a look in the future, they sound fun to watch! Plus, I would like this roleplay to go well this time, I'd hate to step down again...

Mono said:
No actually but I'll be sure to take a look in the future, they sound fun to watch! Plus, I would like this roleplay to go well this time, I'd hate to step down again...
Well if you have any questions regarding the movies shoot me a PM. But remember, this RP only takes place in the same universe as the films, so knowledge on the films isn't necessary at all. That said I highly recommend you check them out, particularly the second one :)

Tripodric said:
Well if you have any questions regarding the movies shoot me a PM. But remember, this RP only takes place in the same universe as the films, so knowledge on the films isn't necessary at all. That said I highly recommend you check them out, particularly the second one :)
You got it! Thank you ^^

Hello! I would love to do a Mad Max roleplay with you! I would love to mix a few of the films together with canons and OCs involved.

I'm interested! I've seen the first two Mad Max movies two and three days ago. (Tried watching the third one, it starts out with pop music and made me laugh so hard I had to stop watching.)

Ah alrighties. The idea I have in mind is set in the Fury Road timeline but has elements from Road Warrior tied into it.

Well, this thread is really old, and someone already started a new one which I was tagged in. However, I think that one has died. Give it a while and I may start another one up again (I've got exams at the moment).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back