• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [M4A] Trash Hallmark-esque Christmas Prompt

Undisclosed

shhh ...
Muse A lives the Big City Life™. Everything is exactly what those sitcoms want you to think – except, well, their apartment is much smaller, the roaches more than just a guest cameo in a wacky subplot for one of the episodes, and their dead-end job is actually so dead efficient at sucking their soul that they barely have enough time or energy to get into all sorts of crazy adventures with their quirky set of friends. But the quirky set of friends do exist, so there is that!

Except it’s Christmas, and it’s real life and not a sitcom, and in real life, there is no Christmas special. In real life, two of said friends fly out to some tropical paradise for most of December. Another one’s completely swamped trying to juggle three jobs, and the last one has been weird and distant since The Incident. In real life, Muse A is going to be all alone on Christmas – if you don’t count their roommate who, anyway, has always been a bit of a Grinch and a shut-in so they don’t really count.

Then came The Other Other Incident (so called to avoid confusion with The Incident and The Other Incident): Muse A’s shitty apartment gets hit with extensive water damage one day, and they’re forced to evacuate over the holidays as there’s a shortage of workers right now, and the issue won’t be fixed until after the new year (Hurrah, Christmas!).

As if it wasn’t enough to be alone on Christmas – now they get to freeze to death, too!

That’s when the serendipitous call from Muse A’s parents came. They haven’t seen each other in a decade now, and there’s no hiding from excuses this time: No friends; no home; even their manager is begging them to take a break. The only problem is, well, they don’t exactly have a way to get there.

But life must have some way of setting itself up like a sitcom, because it was that exact moment that Muse A comes across their roommate, Muse B, just as homeless and alone, shivering in their car as they try to go to sleep.

This can be short-term or long-term. Just wanted to get writing. I can play either Muse A or Muse B.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME:
  • Intermediate/Advanced writer with 10+ years experience RPing on and off
  • 21+ years old, and perfectly okay with exploring dark/mature themes
  • Got a lot of time over winter break, so should be able to post almost daily
  • Can (and often will) write multiple secondary characters into the story
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHO I’M LOOKING FOR:
  • Be over 21
  • Don't take everything so seriously
  • Will communicate triggers / limits, if any
  • Can post fairly quickly (every 2-3 days is fine, more is of course better)
  • No need to match my post length ; as long as you drive the story forward, I'm happy
AND JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE:
  • Either thread or PM is fine
  • No character sheets
  • No face claims
Did I tickle your fancy? Send me a PM, and watch me try to tickle it more. I'll have you in a fit. Promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back