• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [ M x M ] Vik's Search For A Partner

Vik

Angst Enabler

Roleplay
Please PM if interested

- Currently: Open-

〖 Read thoroughly, please. 〗
About Myself

You can just go ahead and call me Vik (if we've been going on for a good chunk of time i'll give you my actual name). I have roughly five years of writing experience. I still have a long way to go and much to learn. please do not pester me for a response. A nudge is fine, if I've been quiet for a while! I’m pretty easy to excite and could probably talk your ear off in OOC chat. I like building plots with others and even giving a hand with an OC every now and then.

Roleplay

>> Post frequency: Response time is inconsistent. I could give you a response daily, weekly, but never over a month! If something is going to cause a delay, i'll let you know. If you expect a steady flow of responses on the daily, i'm not your guy! I'm a busy adult who takes classes during the day, I also battle with personal issues. Please be understanding of this.

>> I would like my partner to be 17+. Nothing personal, but I have always had a smoother time dealing with people my, or at the very least around my age in the past.

>> Please keep your posts nice and lengthy; just give me something to work with please. I don't you to match up to my own length, but if you could keep it to at least a solid 2 paragraphs that would be fantastic. Again, my response length usually depends on how interested I am in the plot. However, if your responses are smaller, i'll most likely be quicker to respond. Quality over quantity! But absolutely no one-liners.

>> I’m pretty forgiving with grammar mistakes considering I make them too. We are all human. I don’t expect perfect responses and I will not point errors out. So don’t stress out too much, but please try. No text talk or abbreviations. It's fine if your character mispronounces things, has a drawl, accent, or speech impediment.

>> Third Person narrative only, please.

>> I would prefer we go through Discord or E-mail. Let me know what works for you.

>> Be somewhat friendly? It’s hard for me to enjoy writing with someone who acts like they’d rather be doing anything else. Ex. Bullying and verbal abuse, I won't tolerate it at all. There's a difference between your character being an asshole and you being one.

>> No God modding, or flawless characters. Give em' a couple of cracks.

>> Let me know if you are disappearing for a while! Life happens, I get it. I wouldn’t even mind if you dropped the roleplay without giving me a heads up, but please understand this; I will most likely drop the roleplay automatically after one month of no response and no reason.

>>
Please no damsels in constant distress, or macho men without brains. Unless they are secondary characters. You shouldn't see that from me either.

>> Don’t leave me in the dark. I’d rather not just be handed a pairing and be expected to pull together a plot alone. Shoot out some ideas! I love hearing opinions and suggestions as to what we can include.

>> Faceclaims are fine, realistic or non. They are not a requirement. If you require them, please look elsewhere. I rarely use them, written are my usual go to!

>> Horror fanatic. Thrillers are also much appreciated, if you come to me with anything of the sorts, it's going to make me super happy!

>> Long term partners wanted. Meaning that if either of us has to stop playing for any reason, we may return. I'm always game for picking back up where we left off. Or we can start a new world/plot entirely. If it is something to do with my writing or an issue from my end, then we don't have to RP again. Easy peasy, pal.

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Plots

some of my own, but come at me with something not listed and i'll help build! (These may need help building!)

Home For the Holidays:
(this was just one of those plots I had conjured up in my head and wasn't sure where I was going with it, but here is this mess and if anyone wants to untangle it with me that would be superb).

YC's son is bringing home a friend for the holidays.

When tradition rings and the family gathers back together annually a fortnight before Christmas, they come to find things are different than before. The son's not talking, and neither is the unexpected guest. They sleep in the same room They always leave the house together. They eat at the same table, but they pronounce themselves simply friends.

YC eventually confronts MC. The visitor with the averting gaze and the only person his son will seem to speak to.

There's a sickness in his son, they finally confess. A kind that isn't a sly fever, or a dry cough. It's deeper than that, scraping the bone and polluting his veins; he's cursed, and MC the only one who knows how to deal with it.

Thrown into a world of dark magic, led by MC, a witch, they must work fast to remove the hex. As the condition is worsening, eating through it's host from the inside out. There isn't much time, and dealing with the oddities of what this door opens for YC is maddening, but he must learn to adapt or else he's going to lose a child.

__

Birds Of a Feather:

YC comes to find Folly, a quiet estate sitting atop a hill. Not far out of reach from woodland, but too high up for civilization to stand it's fullest and even touch. After YC finds themselves stranded, penniless, and in no possible hurry to get back home, they seek refuge here.

After an unkind welcoming, YC is taken in and brought through the elaborate house, right up to the owner on the top floor. Master Finch, who drinks from old cracked mugs and answers all YC's questions without qualm. And even goes as far as to offer this wanderer a job, temporarily managing the home while they saved up enough to get back on their feet.

Soon enough, this innocent kindness is discovered to be malicious deceit.

As Folly does not just house it's master and servants. There are things wandering the halls, finding themselves in the spaces where YC need's to cross, blocking paths and searing in threats. Phantom figures whose intentions are eerily ambiguous.

What are MC's intentions for keeping YC there? Why aren't the servants acknowledging any of this? And most importantly, why won't the spirits let YC leave?

__

Double Knotted:

There's a cabin on the lake.

They've lost their spark. They believe this. After ten years of marriage, MC suggests they take a trip to the lake that's long froze over for the winter. It's cold and isolated out there, but they think it what they both need. No distractions, no work, just them. They go, because it feels like life or death at this point; a critical marriage saving move. They take the same road they followed as teenagers, still in their honeymoon phase.

It's when they settle in. When the snow lays thick and the roads are blocked that things begin to go south. Fast.

There's something outside and it wants to come in.

--

Rose Colored Glasses:

A prince who is two often ignored by his parents is absolutely smitten with the world outside his window, but rarely given a chance to explore it. He is the fifth brother of seven siblings. All boys. All hectic in their own way, but absorbent of the attention. MC much less outgoing tends to keep to himself, but quietly envious of his brothers. Of how they enjoy what life has to offer while he is more often than not pushed to the side.

It’s when he hears something he shouldn’t have. A conversation that has an extra set of ears leaning in. MC learns about the danger of Mourn, the region outside this kingdom that is forbidden to tread on. He hears there’s been a visitor from the inside.

YC a stranger who’s been welcomed into the royal’s home with fabricated hospitality and carefully hidden suspicion.

The only one not suspicious is the fifth son. MC, who is eager to speak with this mysterious man. It’s late when they meet, outside and away from the vague prodding. They speak of the differences in their lands. The mundanity of Harlow and the strangeness that is Mourn. It’s nothing compared to the actual thing and only plunges the vastness of MC’s desire to see for himself. The extent of how taboo their mere words are drives him mad with absolute delight. Talk about fantastic creatures and magic.

YC entrusts something important to MC. He tells him the true reason for being here. After showing MC the black rash of hives that’s blistered down his forearm, he admits that Mourn is being ravaged by plague. That the location of the cure is hidden away in this castle, written in a book somewhere in the library.

MC agrees to help get the map.

If only he can follow.

The next morning, after the two have vanished, chaos erupts in a single hour. They are being chased by the King’s men, sure this is a ploy and that their son has been captured. Both runaways followed through territory, restriction be damned.

Unbeknownst to MC, there is no cure. This illness of his an illusion, a trick of the eye. The location on that map actually leads to something far deadlier and catastrophic (whether YC is on his way to prevent or trigger this is up to you!).

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Things I like to write:

Romance

Fantasy

Horror

Psychological

Supernatural & Paranormal

Magical Realism

Pairings:
(Italicized is what i'd like to write for = no italics, undecided.)

Eldritch creature x Sheltered Villager.

Alpha x Alpha O/B/A Dynamics

Celebrity x Small town/first love boy.

French!Soldier x Russian!Spy (Leading up and during the 1812 French invasion of Russia. This does not have to be accurate down to the finest detail.)

Gladiator x Prize

Assassin x King

Upcoming Lord x Tutor

General or Soldier x Baker

Criminal x Lawyer

Last edited:
3 AM, Updated layout. PM if interested!

7dff36bc4b20c868deed23c93818f0cd.gif

I'm quite interested in plotting some dark, psychological horrors with you.
New account, so I cannot PM, but I'd love to hear from you if you do not mind tossing a message my way. I can also just PM you when I have the required post count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back