• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern |m x m|Dark themes included|Literate|Plot+pairings+prompts aplenty|

plaguerat

in replay, you feel it happening all the time
yo! I'll be adding more to this later, prompt and plot wise that is. I'm going plot mining.

If you don't see anything you like here, feel free to hit me up with your ideas. I'm open to suggestions!

black-and-white-dark-gifs-grunge-Favim.com-3600145.gif
c981691163f72c2e12840e8257903df5.png

to my RP hell hole.
(note, this is a side account, so please ignore post count. I've plenty o' experience roleplaying)

So, I've been musing and I have several ideas I'd love to put into motion. Especially darker and grittier plots.
When I'm no longer seeking, closed will be in the title, until then, inquire away friends!

Feel free to read the plots before anything else. And hell, you can skim the guidelines and just ask me questions. I know it looks like a page out of the bible here.

A little bit of an introduction should you be curious.

I am a fresh 26 years old.

I attend the Central Time Zone Party Bus

✦ I'm an Emergency Medical Technician, meaning I do the ambulance thing.

✦ I curse quite a bit, just, uh, a word o' warning.

✦ I dabble in both hobby writing and other arts. Okay, way more than dabbling, but you get the gist. I've been drawing and writing for years.

✦ I play/have played a lot of video games. Feel free to spout my ear off about 'em.

✦ I have a soft spot for the horror genre, especially with psychological elements. Books, movies, games, you name it, I dig it.

I deal with depression and anxiety. Just a shitty fact of life, but it's allowed me to be very empathetic towards others dealing with hardships. I'm a Certified Friend That Cares™.
I'm here if you need to vent.

✦ I'm a sucker for OOC. Getting to know the people I roleplay with is a huge plus for me. Even if it's just down to earth chats or garbage meme tossing, I love it. Not a necessity, just a nicety to have. It also tends to get me more attached to an RP, in some regards.

I listen to almost every genre of music and love drawing inspiration from song lyrics. Talk music with me!

I'm pretty lax.

2a9c7228f97d4adac25904ae33630ee1.png

As a note, this is a side account to my primary created to keep my other account from cluttering.
I'd kinda prefer off-site OOC but if on-site is your preference, that's okay.
I use Skype primarly but have Discord and other such things available.

✦ 18+ is preferred. But if you're younger just lemme know and we can see! I don't want to bar out great writers just due to age.

I'd like to place myself as literate. I am a lengthy, detailed writer by nature.
I can do short, concise posts! I can vary my style pretty well.
But I promise I won't pointlessly go 500+ words deep in-depth about the lushness of a bush (I mean, it'd have to be a pretty damned important, amazingly plot-relevant bush.)

In regards to writing, it'd be cool if we match in level, but it's not a necessity. Drool-worthy writing fuels my creative fire but so does a good ability to get the plot moving, make meaningful character interactions, and other such things.

✦ Your grammar/spelling does needn't be perfect.

✦ I can handle constructive criticism and welcome it. I'm always trying to improve.

I will match you or do my best to match you. Even if you write a reply with a 1000+ word count, I will match it if it is fitting to do so.
Matching is not necessarily a requirement I have personally, but if it is for you, I'm happy to oblige.
Having said that, please no one-liners unless they move worlds, cause earthquakes, open wormholes, etc.

As a side note, I wouldn't mind a low word count RP (200-300 words) that is literate. A bit of a craving at the moment. We can exceed that number, but it'd be neat to work with shorter yet lit replies.

Feel free to show me samples. I love seeing others' writings.

A downside, I can be a slow writer. Intros to be precise. Work in progress.
A plus side, I understand if you're a slow writer as well.

I don't demand any activity that I cannot give out myself. Life gets in the way, shit happens.

I live to create worlds. I will constantly plot and work with you. I try to create characters with depth and will play multiple side characters (or mains) if the situation calls for it. I'd love to hear your ideas as well.

I have no triggers. I am fine and dandy with all mature themes/plots across the board. I adore a dark, gritty theme especially.

Super LGBT+ friendly.

I am flexible as hell.

I can become quickly invested in a roleplay, whoops.

I'm not particular or picky about FCs or CSs.You do you.

Please be willing to plot with me! I can't carry the whole weight on my own.

Let me know if I do something wrong by you or if you do not like where things are heading in the RP. You are welcome to offer any critiques/requests at any time, and I'll switch things up at the drop of a hat.
Let's both have fun! That's one of the most important parts, right?

Patience is incredibly important for me in regards to responses. Sometimes life hits me hard.
I'll offer that same patience back to you.

If you disappear, I won't get too salty about it.
I prefer a heads up because I can get terribly invested and may grieve the loss but I know it can be hard to do that.

5552eec45327faa48f641eae14e7f1b3.png

IZgFi1VMZprWxsarnC5obluLyAqdFe76VK46io6J8ws0068qjdlFbLNXd50XIi4-xf3iUlcejmsUBiRj41RVq96KCie7aaTUMzf5ALPhS8G1TWl8n-3Ekq8AVnfXwkqfVaj8dSIo

A darker plot revolving around the red string of fate myth.
Romance is A-Okay ✓|mxm|

I have many alternate ideas for this. This is just a taste of one of the ideas.
Plot is under spoiler.
Serial Killer (Or serial criminal)|Detective
Or
YC (to be determined)|MC(to be determined) **see notes & alternative ideas**

YC and MC are connected through their dreams as well as the scatterings of their thoughts and memories. More or less tied to each other akin to a twisted red string of fate.
Our characters may own memories that belong to the other.
Incoherent thoughts that aren't theirs. The two also share a life force. One cannot survive without the other.
MC will often experience lucid dreams revolving around YC’s murders (or actions), be they past or current.
MC has no control of his actions in these dreams; he can only follow in YC’s footsteps through every sequence of events. A thick fog, vast and obscuring, shrouds the dreams, disallowing MC from seeing YC’s appearance or even hearing YC’s voice with complete clarity. YC has managed to chip away at some of this fog, allowing YC to discover the identity of MC. Lots of paths can form from here. Perhaps YC becomes keen on the life link the two share? MC is not as enlightened as yours in these matters, still in a state of discovery.

I'd love to develop on the reasoning behind their connection. Be it from human experimentation the two are unaware of, a demonic aspect, or even a Lovecraftian type twist. This is a very moldable plot. I want to explore a darker side to the red string of fate. I have a lot of miniature ideas on this.

Notes: YC does not have to be a serial killer. I would just love this twist on a serial killer x detective plot. We can explore other avenues as well. Moral confliction would be excellent to have here. I can see this set in a lot of different time frames.

Alternate Ideas: YC is a demon with an unfortunate attachment like the above to a human, oh boy.
Or anything revolving around a more darker version of the red string of fate really. It doesn't have to follow the above plot line to a T.

5e95ed06b8ca65b50452a1bd6ccf33e8.png

A heavier plot with some nice angst.
Romance is A-Okay ✓|mxm|
(Taken from Tumblr)

I will be playing Character A.
Plot is under spoiler.
Character A and Character B meet at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. Character A has struggled with alcohol in the past, however, Character B is actually not an alcoholic at all and is attending the meetings in order to research the subject for a book. As they grow more attached, both at the meetings and outside of them, Character A finds out that Character B has been lying and relapses due to the pain of betrayal. Character B, guilt-ridden, attempts to fix what they’ve done.
Build up can be slow. We can start at the beginning, where they meet.

f6de60571039427fa3c0359694a82da7.png

For anything vaguer or not as plotted out.
Anything with a has an idea in the works!
A ❤ means romance is A-Okay.

✓ ❤ Craving.

Anything revolving around a darker take on the red string of fate.
I've way too many ideas for this.
Can easily be tied to a lot of other musings/pairings here.

Craving.
Soulmate AUs
! Especially darker ones.
I've very excited and open to plotting for this.

✓ ❤ Craving.
Serial Killer|Detective

I've done quite a few of these so I'm looking for a fresh, exciting start with the potential for a gripping twist.
A darker, angsty plot with lots of grit is incredibly wanted.
I have a quite a few budding, potential ideas.

Craving.
Post Apocalyptic

I've only scatterings of ideas, but I'm willing to build the hell out of a world.
Endless possible pairings.

✓ ❤ Craving.
Something that explores the depths of drug addiction.
Possible pairings can be sober|addict, addict|addict, non-addict|addict

✓ ❤ Craving
Someone struggling with their sexuality versus someone who's open.

The setting can wildly vary, and there's honestly so much we can do with this plot.
I've some budding ideas.
I'd love to see this tied in with any of the above plots!

Something with werewolves?
I've just a low-key craving for it. Can be added to many of the above ideas.

✓ ❤ Craving.

Dystopia/Utopia

Endless pairings available here.
I've so many plots for this.

✓ ❤ Semi-Craving
Detective|Detective

Craving
Rivalry to Romance

Rivals|Rivals

Semi-Craving
Ex Partner x Ex Partner

I've some ideas for this. Would love to see lots of emotions with this plot. Angst, anger, you name it.
Characters don't have to get back together if preferred.
It can be tied into other prompts/pairings/or plots here!

✓ ❤ Craving.
Criminal|Officer
Sex Worker|Officer
Undercover Officer|Criminal

yes, I'm a sucker for this shit.

✓ ❤ Craving.
Horror.

Tons of pairings available.

Craving.
Supernatural.

Lots of pairings available for this.
I've some budding ideas.

✓ ❤ Craving.
Demonic or Cthuloid.

Fun stuff right here.

✓ ❤Forbidden Love
This can tie into so many plots it's insane.

26c1a326aa2855cd772f30118f68ce36.png

Scatterings of prompts I've found that I'm interested in. Any of these are super alterable.
And yes, dark and angsty undertones can be added. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Anything with a means I've additional ideas.
A ❤ means romance is A-Okay.

✓ ❤ Semi-Craving
Character A owns a cat. Like most cats said cat is allowed free roam both indoors and outdoors. Character A doesn’t give much thought to the fact that their cat is only around half of the time. Then the cat disappears and Character A, worried, creates missing posters.

Character B answers the call for help stating that the cat on the poster looks very much like their own cat.

Character A and Character B meet and realize that they have been sharing the same cat for several years now and are forced to consider what they should do regarding ownership.

Craving

“What was the one thing I asked you to do? Keep the hostage alive. And what did you do? NOT DO THAT, THAT’S FOR SURE.”
Or:
“I've had my fair share of hostages in my times, but for fuck’s sake, you are by far the sassiest and most problematic hostage I've ever had. I don’t CARE IF YOU’RE UNCOMFORTABLE YOU’RE MY HOSTAGE WHAT PART OF THIS DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND”

✓ ❤ Craving

whispers Any of these >>>> amazing apartment prompts. Seriously.

Last edited:
plaguerat plaguerat

Sounds like we're pretty close when it comes to our preferences and style ( and personality now that I go back and look holy shit O.O). I'm open to trying anything you're really craving and haven't already got a partner for, but for a serial killer I've got an idea that might just make for something pretty interesting to play with.

Man oh man you've got some wonderfully intriguing plots and ideas! (I'm really really new to this site but I've been rping for over seven years) I'd love to talk to you about some of the darker plots and themes considering that's something I've been wanting to build more into with some of my characters. I rp via skype and kik but have other means too.
plaguerat plaguerat

Last edited:
the plot with the cat seems really interesting- or the drug addiction one? idk. but i'd be interested in those two!

Whaddddup!

I'm super interested in like all this. Haha. I typically rp over Skype but just like you I have other mediums I can rp on if it comes down to it. I'm fine with plotting here to see if we both like the same things or just jumping straight to an IM to chat.

Sleeping Sickness. Legit. Straight up legit.

I've got an idea vaguely for a serial killer thing. But as soon as you said demon I was kind of thinking of mixing the two? Demon possibly parading as human? Could just be other worldly in general?

Summoning gone wrong linking the demon to that bloodline. Or it could be an experiment that had to be connect to someone to survive or maybe it wasn't meant for an attempt at control. It could be the government/agency/group summoned it and the same reasons as before.

Could be something that just happens occasionally? Like once y/c starts researching further and further into the incidents more of the same types show up or more creatures get revealed.

I also have a few more darker/angstier ideas but I'll wait to see if you are interested in this. Feel free to message. 8D

ashestothewind ashestothewind hey if you wanna connect too I'm looking for multiple partners! And I liked your idea for summoning gone wrong, the particular character I want to use is super into demon stuff and grew up in a cult. Also I typically use skype so we could work through there!

Sleeping Sickness looks fan-freaking-tactic. I would also be down for the open/closeted, and have character ideas for the latter.

Hey :) I really like the thought of a utopia/dystopia roleplay as well as a werewolf RP if you are still looking :)

I think we might basically be the same person o.o even in the same time zone :p

You listed Post-apocalyptic and Dystopian, i'd love to hear some ideas that you have about them if you're still looking, and maybe help you develop some of them further (: I have a lot of half-ideas floating around, but nothing solid enough to actually make a start with, but i'm really good at building on a started idea.

Hello!
I am very interested in roleplaying with you! I'm really into dark plots as well so your sleeping sickness roleplay really interested me!
I can reply as long or as short as you want, my reply usually mirror my roleplayers so I can make them howecer long you want! I also would love to talk OOC because who doesnt like new friends ^^ I also try and reply once or twice a day!

Now, regarding my age I am under 18, but im turning 18 in august so i hope that isn't a problem for you because I really would love to roleplay with you! So please let me know if its an issue!

If you wish to roleplay please let me know and ill PM you! I can also send you samples of my writing if you want! I really hope I get the chance to roleplay with you

Last edited:
CheshireKitty CheshireKitty Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez JackOfAeons JackOfAeons romansaint romansaint ashestothewind ashestothewind void seth void seth
Oh, yes, so much lovely interest.
I shall PM all of you when I get home tonight and pass out my skype contact, aha. I think I've got a good bunch of interest so I'll close this for now!
And admittedly I'm bursting at the seems with plots and all of you sound so lovely.

Awkwardly_Anonymous Awkwardly_Anonymous Your age is perfectly fine by me! And I think we'll get on dandy. I'll shoot you a PM along with everyone else when I'm at home since it's easier, haha.

CheshireKitty CheshireKitty Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez JackOfAeons JackOfAeons romansaint romansaint ashestothewind ashestothewind void seth void seth
Oh, yes, so much lovely interest.
I shall PM all of you when I get home tonight and pass out my skype contact, aha. I think I've got a good bunch of interest so I'll close this for now!
And admittedly I'm bursting at the seems with plots and all of you sound so lovely.

Awkwardly_Anonymous Awkwardly_Anonymous Your age is perfectly fine by me! And I think we'll get on dandy. I'll shoot you a PM along with everyone else when I'm at home since it's easier, haha.

Alright sounds good!!! ^^

Opened doors again!
I'm wrapping up my move so I've more free time than I know what to do with.
I'm RP deprived guys, after moving, RP deprived.

whispers
I'm very easy to contact on Skype or Discord so feel free to ask my contact and hit me up there~

Hey there.
I hope I am not too late, because I think I fell in love with this thread. I'm super into dark themes, I prefer them actually, and love to find people who are also into them. I also mimic posts, but consider myself super detailed in my writing. Um.. I also love out of character speak and talking music.

Anywho, before I babble forever, I am super interested in maybe a sex work x officer roleplay? I'd love to toss on something about addiction as well, maybe one being in recovery and the other actively using.

Let me know if you are interested!

you still looking i'm kind of interested in may discuss some of these plots...the addiction idea sounded good...or any of the detective/cop things are up to my alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back