• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy M.A.G.I.C. (Magical Academy for Gifted Individuals and Combatants)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Adria Wildes-Brandywood

Adria was sitting quietly on the subway. She had boarded a while ago when there were much fewer people, reading a book but distracted by switching the language translating bracelet on and off to hear how peoples’ voices changed. It was quite surreal. Tripping into a wall whilst searching for where she was meant to go, and instead falling onto a hidden subway platform full of everything unfamiliar.
She was still distracting herself from her distraction as the subway car filled up, but remained uncharacteristically quiet when commotion began stirring. Though one thing she registered was something about dementors and hogwarts being hogwash.
‘The dementors were a metaphor for depression,’ Adria commented to herself.

Later, she had found her way--well, really just followed everyone else--to an auditorium. She watched the Headmistress Gaia introduce herself. The actual goddess Gaia. Simply being a half-elf with magic was unbelievable enough, but an actual goddess, physically standing in a school auditorium?
Later Dracula was introduced. It crossed Adria’s mind as she listened that she should ask him if he ever knew Bram Stoker and what he thought of the story, but in the middle of the thought she was suddenly forced onto her knees. Adria nearly screamed, only saved by the fact that she couldn't, and was shivering after they were released. She decided she liked Gaia better. And that she probably wouldn't ask about Stoker.
Still a little shaken, Adria silently made her way to a large cork board with room assignments. She would consult it later. At the moment she wanted to look for a library, or mess hall, but she assumed that nobody else would know either, given that everyone here seemed to be first-years. So Adria was stuck awkwardly hovering near the cork board, looking lost and not knowing what to do.

(If it's alright, I’ll also announce myself open for other roommates)

Catherine
=(^..^)= Location: Auditorium =(^..^)=

"Yea, I am miss. Are you okay? You look confused and startled."

"D-Do I?!", the girl had tilted her head, now definitely confused if she hadn't been already, first blinking in shock then laughing awkwardly, "Ah-ah, guess I can't hide it that well... Truth is, I've never been at a school before! Or with others like me for that matter...", Catherine paused before complementing it, "I mean, not exactly like me?? You-you get the idea, right?"

"And the award for worst conversation goes to... Cathy! Honestly, you suck at this."

The werecat was forced to bite her tongue and hold back a reply. And whose fault was it that she was terrible at interpersonal interactions? Huh?! If not the annoying know-it-all, sarcastic and sharp-tongued, -pun intended!-, piece of metal she had for an instructor?! Come on! Can't expect anyone to be any good at these if all they have to chat with is a telepathic sword that's always on a bad mood...

Before she could have even taken an annoyed breath at her companion, the fellow student's second question rang and Catherine froze. The girl opened her mouth to say something, but then she had hesitated. Should she lie? How to explain Avell's presence?! It could be something extremely silly and common to them or... The 'or' was always the problem.

"I- uhhh", Cath looked uncomfortable, averting her shamrock-colored eyes from the intense sapphire ones of his. She took a loud gulp, trying to muster the courage to start it, staring deeply at her new acquaintance, "Y-you see... The truth is that-"

And that's when a horrid screech echoed between them. Prompted by the noise, the girl had covered her poor ears, shielding them from the worst of the assault. Cat ears or not, her hearing remained further enhanced than normal after all, making the distorted sounds flowing from the auditorium just that more hurtful.

"Oy, oy Cathy! They're starting it, we're late again."

"Ah!!", she had exclaimed seemingly out of nowhere, "We're getting late! Omgi'msorrywelltalkagainsomeothertimeok? GottagoNOW!!"

Ducking inside the room, Catherine had merely waved the elf a quick goodbye, feeling terrible for all the confusion she certainly had just bestowed the boy.

"That must have been the worst escape in the whole wide history of escapades. Surely a brand new record."

"S-shut up and help me get to a seat..."

Guiding his protegée through the room, Avell had placed the werecat in a seat by the corners since all of the first rows one's had been filled a long time ago. Catherine followed her instructions carefully, though still glancing this and that way mesmerize by the room that was the auditorium. It was so big! So many students could fit inside!!! It was amazing!
The two had gotten to the meeting in time to hear when classes started, which Cathy was very grateful for. Asking any of her fellow students that one would have been extremely awkward... But what happened next had been even more unexpected.

A bat flew into the stage bringing a formally dressed man a microphone and the girl had lost it. What? How? Huh?? B-bat manipulation??! Or maybe just some really good training? As she had frozen in completely awe like a kid watching a magician's show, her attention had been scattered and the words of the chief executive unheard, making the surprise that much more shocking:

"PROSTRATE YOURSELVES."

A pressure akin to a gym weight forces Catherine out of her seat and into the floor. The suddenness of it is startling and the sheer terror of having her body do something on its own prompts instincts to take over, soon replacing the form of the girl with that of an anthropomorphic brown and white cat slightly bigger.
Fluffed up droopy tail and ears almost glued to her head, Catherine felt her heartbeat and anxiety spike unable to call for help or even ask for an explanation for such a phenomenon. 'What's going on?!' her mind yelled and begged but to no avail. A message that reached no one.

The instructor, noticing the change on his student, asked her if she was okay again and again, with increased worry when a response wasn't given. Until finally, excruciating seconds that had felt like hours had passed by and with it, the mysterious force that held the werecat in place had vanished.
Frightened, confused and dazed Catherine had shakily made her way back into the seat, sinking on it as if to make herself unnoticed. Avell kept making her concerned questions but she needed time to breathe and recompose herself before making the million-dollar-question:

"W-w-what just happened???!!!", she had let out between shallow breaths, in a quivering whisper-like voice.

"I would guess... A compulsion field? And a strong one too. To make an entire room obey like this... Dracula wasn't it? That Dracula?"

Surely antagonizing such a strong being of legend would be a bad choice, yet! Avell made sure to remember the man, squinting in a challenge, well, if swords could squint. Staff member or not, those actions had brought Catherine pain and that was unforgivable. If anything, the instructor would be making everything on his power so that she would stay out of the chief executive way, forever if he could help it...

"We should, get... going." "...Are you going to be okay?" "I'm... fine."

Fine, she definitely wasn't. Ears still down and a twitchy nervous tail, Catherine was still shaken for the whole experience and unable to calm herself enough to switch forms back. One thing she could say for sure, suddenly 'school' didn't sound all that welcoming... But it was just beginning and no matter how nervous and threatened the girl felt, there was still a little hope that it would get better.
Holding on to that tiny light, the werecat had gotten up and started making her way to Ms Laura's table. Slowly, alert, cat ears high and hyper like satellites picking even the smallest sounds in the room. One of them, footsteps, seemed to get louder and approach them:

"Well too late, I say, but my name is Axel. Nice to meet you, Miss"

The unexpected introduction had taken her by surprise, with the cat-girl's pupils narrowing in shock for a brief moment. Familiar, the pointy-eared boy was oddly familiar... Ah! And then she had remembered their encounter outside, relaxing a bit:

"Catherine.", the teenager had replied with a nod, trying not to sound as nervous as she felt, "I'm gonna go check on the roommate list now so, uhhh, I'll be seeing you around Axel... L-later!"

Once more waving her new friend goodbye, she pressed on closer to the desk. Avell had been unusually quiet. Without making any of his typical commentaries and jabs, he simply waited patiently, listening carefully to Catherine's voice for any change in her behavior. She would not notice it, but the sword companion was concerned, concerned akin to how a parent would with a child. There's no way he would admit such a thing though...

"Ah! I'm sorry!", Cathy had bowed down in apology to the pretty almost white-haired girl that was standing near the housing list, and who she had bumped into, "I was... a bit distracted."

Going around her, the werecat had finally reached her destiny and looking down on the list a sinking realization had hit her like a train: she didn't know anyone. She had never shared a room with other flesh and bone people either... Not knowing what to expect, the girl moved on from the list, staying farther away, a place where she had thought she would not be blocking anyone and with a new gulp started in a low, defeated tone:

"S-s-samantha and uhhh..." "...They're not going to hear you like that." "Ehh..."

A sigh, a deep breath and then she it tried again:

"I-I'm looking for Samantha and, and- And Rosabelle!! We're roommates!!"

"And now I think absolutely everyone has heard you." "O-oh. ... ...Oops?"

@kenchin, JDizzle383 JDizzle383 , Xio Xio and Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 (bumped into ya)​

He took a moment, looking around the room once more before noticing the board which had many of the rooms listed, folding his arms for a moment as he tried to make out the many names and the lines which they were on, eventually finding his own as he stepped closer. Looking the other two names over while glancing around the room. Shrugging to himself as he decided he would head to the room they where assigned first and wait for them there. His wings half tensing for a moment during the walk as he eventually made his way into the said room.

The room being one of the few things that truly got his hopes up for the current day, as the interior of it was much larger than he had expected, allowing him to revert to his true form as he stretched out, a fair bit. Almost like a cat before sitting down. Letting the door close as he simply awaited the other two. A slight smile on his face, as frankly...many probably wouldn't expect a dragon waiting for them.

(Mentioned) Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe and Hypergreed Hypergreed

Jack shoved his hands in his pockets and wandered around, looking for his roommates. He was apparently looking for a dragon, and a werewolf. Someone yelled yelled about their roommates in an ungodly loud voice. He glanced around, realizing there were too many people around to find them. But, there was a board with the rooms on it over there, so he can just head to the room he was assigned. Maybe they were already in the room.

Jack made his way over to the room, not expecting the dragon to be stretched out all over the room. "I'm not going to ask." he said, just plopping down on the bed closest to the door. "This is mine now."

Levi registered the girl was deaf quite quickly when he heard the "without sound" bit. He wasn't worried, as he had a friend back home that was the same, and he kindly smiled and said, "If that's the case I suppose you can read lips? or did you need to know what Dracula said because you couldn't?" He was simultaneously using sign language to the best of his ability, which was unfortunately not up to par with actual signing, although it was good enough to show he was making an effort to help.

Nodding to Ray, he explained what Dracula had said and then walked with his friend to the dorms following the map on the assignment sheets. "Hey look! They have a cafeteria right next to the first year dorms!" he exclaimed as they looked at the map. Once inside the dorm common room, he saw that the building's dormitories were each split off of the common room down a hallway, so it was like living in the same house with... he counted 5 bedrooms, which meant fifteen students in total were living here.

He opened the dorm room that the paper directed them to and was astonished to find that it wasn't just a few beds. There was a door off to the side that said "Sauna" and a... was that a coffin? must be in case the ghoul was into sleeping in one... he looked at the other side of the room where yet another door said, "Kitchen"

"Do you cook?" he asked Ray. "I mean I eat coal, so... no need but I still like a nice meal every now and again." a thought struck him then. "Uh Ray? do you think Gaia can read minds? it's just... this is too perfect to be real!"

That's when the door from the commons opened again, and they met their third bunk mate (A/N: I am not attempting to godmod, as this ghoul can do whatever they want to before actually arriving. I am just solidifying that the third person will be entering at some point)

Drake was slow getting to his room and did more sightseeing than actually getting there. he finally opened the door and found that even at his slow pace, the room was empty. He sat on one of the beds ignoring his surroundings until he saw an easel and ran over beginning to sketch immediately. "How did they know?" he muttered.

Samantha heard her name shouted by none other than the cat person on her list and walked over. "You must be Catherine. Well I guess I can say I am glad I ended up with someone so freindly!" she smiled before tripping over her own shoelace and falling on her hands and knees. "Damn you, depth perception!" she muttered. "Should we find out where that vampire girl went? Do you think she likes O-type blood? I hope my wounds don't smell too fresh. are vampire's noses good enough to smell that?" she worried to her new cat friend. "So what do you like to do for fun? Oh right, I forgot to say... see this?" she pulled a larger than her trunk out of a smart watch... wait... since when did technology do THAT??? She kept talking as they went to the common room. "I brought all my game consoles! do you think the common room has a TV?"

It had a 64 inch Smart TV.

Last edited:
"I-I'm looking for Samantha and, and- And Rosabelle!! We're roommates!!"

"woow that was uncomfortably loud" Max said softly to himself as he looked at the bulletin. He noticed that certain rooms housed different amounts of beings. some housed 4, some 3, some 2 and, it was very very seldom he saw, but some had only one. the room that he was housed in had three him included.

"ok now that the hard part is over with...." he said as his stomach snarled vicious obscenities. "the kitchen."

"kitchen? kitchen?! with all the food that we have here you want to go to a KITCHEN?!" brother wolf began to rage.

"calm down. listen do you really want to try and eat some of the beings here? there is a freaking tree sprite for pete's sake" max explained to his counterpart. smiling at the wolf's grumblings he moved through the crowd and out to the hallway. the hallway was loud and busy with people moving here and there trying to find rooms. he was looking for a room alright.

"excuse me sir, can you steer me toward the kitchen?"

after heeding the directions given to him. he found himself in the dining hall. "holy crap..." he exclaimed as he stood in awe. the dining area alone was longer and wider than any other venue he's been in with his father. tables and chairs seemed to fill every bit of space there.

"when are we going to eat?"

"soon. sheesh your worse than a 2 yr old."

"and how would you know about that?"

"uhh...i do have 8 other brothers and sisters you know..."

"the runts don't count."

max laughed out loud at the excuse as he made his way into the kitchen. in one smooth motion he scooped a frying pan off a hanging rack, placed it on the stove and made his way to the freezer. the blast of cold air was a welcome feeling to him as he walked in. if the dining hall was an impressive space, the freezer was even more so. it looked like the developers used dimensional space extremely well. the freezer could have been a whole other dim world. the walls were lined with shelves full of varying meats. the center of the spacious room had rows of racks also lined with meat. what looked like whole carcasses were hanging in the back. brother wolf was practically salivating at the spectacle in front of him. max couldn't blame him. even with the refrigerated air, the room smelled of death, meat, blood. he quickly grabbed a 1/2 pound of hamburger meat and walked back into the kitchen. the teachings of his parents kicked in from there and the next few minutes was muscle memory as he started the oven, ripped open the pack, formed the meat into a huge patty mixed with seasonings, dumped it on the pan and threw the whole thing in the oven. his mind went to his future roommates. "i reeeally hope they aren't goodie two shoes. but then again i hope they aren't like diabolical evil ya know?" he asked his other

"either way doesn't matter. if there's a problem we'll eat them...."

"no we won't." max stated firmly. his father pressed into his kids the number one rule: CONTROL is key. CONTROL is the only thing that is keeping us from extinction. if any thing else: YOU MUST KEEP CONTROL

'beep' beep' the oven signaled that his monstrosity was done. he grabbed some nearby pot handles and pulled his meal out. after a few more minutes of fixing up and his hamburger was done. satisfied with his creation, he picked up the plate and headed to his room. the thought of his potential roommates buzzing around in his brain until he was at the hall that lead to his room. he walked toward his room but stopped. he sniffed. sniffed again. frowned and winced. dragon....and drow? he closed his eyes and concentrated on the scents presented. his eyes snapped open. "a bronze?! really? a bronze dragon?" that scent was combined with the smell of a dark elf or drow. wait...the drow was mixed with something else.... hmmm...this was going to be a very interesting year. holding the rest of the half pound burger in his other hand he opened the door.

sure enough there was a bronze dragon in the center of the room with a tanned skinned kid with messy red hair and purple eyes. "hey guys. my name's max. what's yours? he asked as he took a bite of the messy burger

(mentioned Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe , Kallo Kallo )

Last edited:
Catherine
=(^..^)= Location: In the corridor to the Common Rooms =(^..^)=

Embarrassed, Catherine had retracted a bit, ears going droopy, looking at the rest of the room with an apologetic expression while mouthing an 'I'm sorry' to anyone that had been disrupted by her sudden shout. Not that it lasted for long though, since soon enough she had heard a new voice speak her name. F-friendly? Well, it wasn't a lie that the werecat did fit the description, but these two had just met! Could someone really tell another's personality without exchanging even a single word? And still, before she could have replied to confirm the assumption her words had been lost...

"One... eye...", the cat-girl had muttered in awe tilting her head, her pupils dilating to keep the focus, tail swinging with curiosity behind her.

"...Huh? Oh, that's a cyclops.", Avell had started explaining like a monster compendium, his unimpressed tone that of someone who was used to the diversity of it all, "The lady that was handling the room placements was the same way, wasn't s-" "Ehhh, she was?!", Cath had interrupted, prompting Avell to mentally sigh. "...D-did you really not notice it??"

"I did...not..." "Airhead." "What was that?!" "Your new friend just fell."

"Wait, that w- Ah!", Catherine's fur had stood on end once she had caught sight of the cyclops on the floor. Quarrel forgotten, she had promptly offered the other her paw as support for getting back up, "Are you okay?!"

Her new roommate, however, had started rambling, throwing all sorts of questions at the clueless werecat one after the other each new one just making her more confused:

"Vampire? Are those the ones from the storybooks??", the girl had let out, briefly stopping in shock.

"Yes, the ones that drink blood. Tales about them are quite popular, even amongst the humans.", the portable teacher had chimed in again, "I don't think the type of blood matters to them and they're able to smell your blood through your skin, so again, the wound shouldn't make much difference..."

"Ooh, that sounds... a little scary...", the cat girl had concluded, before she realized that the distance between the two students had increased while she had spaced out, quickly picking up the pace, trying to act normal, "Oh, I wouldn't worry about that too much, something tells me it won't really matter!", finishing with an awkward laugh.

"Yep, perfect. I'm sure no one will suspect a thing, Cathy. Nope. No waaaay."

Glancing daggers seemingly at the ceiling, Catherine kept following... Samantha? Or was it Rosebelle? She had forgotten to ask and couldn't remember what was written in the paper either, oops... Well, whoever it was, they had asked a new question. The werecat had brought her hand to her muzzle in a thoughtful manner:

"For fun? I like exploring! There are so many things I still don't know, so we'll often just, walk a random direction and then Avell will tell me things!"

"Yes. And I also try to keep you out of trouble. You're a rather difficult protegé did you know that?"

But Catherine wasn't listening, she had watched her new friend take a trunk seemingly out of nowhere and frozen in the spot, blinking in confusion, as if doing any of that would fix it.

"Wha, what... h-how did it... waaa...", she shook her head out of her trance, trailing behind the cyclops girl once more, "How did you do that? And what is a console? TV?!", Cath had paused, recalling something from her childhood...

"Oh! Do you mean those magic boxes with moving images?! Man, it's been a while since I saw one of those~~", she had completed with a soft giggle. Good times.

JDizzle383 JDizzle383 and Xio Xio (maybe, if you're still alive?)​

The rich fabrics and metals decorated the walls and floor. Burning incents and the smell of clover was almost overwhelming. However to Safeguard it was normal. To his left was his armor on display. Next to it was a sword decorated with silver and fine leather. The window was open to his right which gave him the tranquil view of the courtyard. Currently he had his face buried in a book. It was something of a history tome. About two feet across and 10 inches thick of papers. Potions of various mixtures, shapes, and sizes sat in a cupboard near his armor stand. Then he closed his book and simultaneously he marked his spot for later on. "So today?" He muttered as he got to his hooves and put the book on his window side bed. "This schedule really REALLY does interfere with my time. I shall have a word with the head of this establishment about it." Then after donning his armor and sheathing his sword, Safeguard exited his dorm room and headed for the classroom...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back