• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lupine | Wolf RP {OPEN}

Conrad
tumblr_nnol53Cgfc1s9lm88o1_500.gif
"The Shadow"
Feeling :: Cautious - Alert
Interactions :: deer deer

His paws swiftly padded over the lush earth, spring had finally arrived and the snow was melting. Winter had been difficult, yet Conrad survived. A howl in the distance caught his attention, and his gaze turned toward a forbidden territory. He turns to walk away, yet a howl of pain and distress causes him to halt. He hesitates for a moment, before turning toward Twisted Cacophany territory. "I had better not regret this.." he growls to himself quietly.
Silently, the massive black loner slinks into the territory. His paws carry hi swiftly, yet stealthily. The sound of growling and howling drew him closer, yet caused his fur to bristle. He praised himself silently for having disguised his scent with pine needle early to make it easier to sneak up on a herd of deer.
His gray gaze slowly focuses on the seen before him, a white she-wolf was covered in blood. Two twisted wolves were near her, one circling her in a malicious manner. He flattens his ears, lowering his powerful body to the ground. He watched the smaller she-wolf, who was in a great deal of pain and hostility. He wanted to help her, yet he couldn't fight off two pack wolves alone. While he weighed in at a massive 4k, and was a tad taller than the others, they had an advantage given their training.
He watches silently, nearly breathlessly. Suddenly, a twig snaps nearby. His ear swivel forward, as a group of Forbidden Shadow wolves step into sight. He scolded himself harshly for not realizing how close they were to the border. This was not his fight, yet he could bare to have the loner torn to shreds.
He positions himself perfectly, his muscles flexed to prepare to flee. He allows his eyes and muzzle to come into light, staring at Edelweiss until he caught her gaze. With that he jerked his head back silently, motioning for her to run in his direction. Surely these pack wolves wouldn't follow them outside of their territory, they would be safe on the outskirts.
He blinks slowly a few times, before turning and beginning to run. Surely the she-wolf would understand. He ran quickly, not caring for the noise he made anymore. He needed to get out of this territory, and so did Edelweiss. He ran quickly, his heavy paws carrying him with power and grace.
Please hurry, Wolf. You haven't got much time to escape. He could only hope that the she-wolf's injuries wouldn't prevent her from escaping, because she would surely succumb to death if they caught her.

Edelweiss Wysteria Hope
The Lone She-Wolf

white-wolf-o.gif
As she waited for the she-wolf's answer, making sure the male wolf on the other side of her wouldn't attack her in surprise, she continued to remain on alert. But because she was so focused on the two pack wolves in front of her, she only took notice of the sound of something snapping (perhaps a twig) at the last second and a few more scents she hadn't recognized. Whipping her head quickly in the direction the noise had come from, another sharp flaring pain shot up her neck as she growled lowly, moving too quickly that her muscles couldn't handle such a jolt. Soon enough, another wolf came into view, as she took one step back as her hind legs move one after another.

Whoever the male wolf was, Edelweiss, at this point, couldn't stay to see what would go down, especially if they had an advantage. It was obvious to her the new male wolf was a pack wolf and pack wolves seemed to always go in groups. So, she was positive there were other wolves behind him somewhere hiding. Her tail moved slowly behind her as she panted, not listening to what the male wolf had to say and which side he was on. Though, she already assumed he was part of the other pack: Forbidden Shadows, due to his tone and the surprise appearance against the other pack wolves: Twisted Cacophony. Nevertheless, Edelweiss stood silently, only for her eyes to wander between the three wolves. However, slowly but surely, she found herself gazing into another wolf's stormy, ocean blue eyes.

Edelweiss furrowed her brows but never moved or made a hint to what she was looking at nor had she made it obvious. The only words she heard were from the new male wolf that happened to appear but paid no mind to him. Instead, the scent of the wolf caught her attention. Why was he helping her? Nevertheless, during the whole time, her head remained in the direction of the pack wolves before her, as only her eyes moved, using her peripheral vision to take a look at the hidden wolf. But, seeing the wolf's action, Edelweiss stared briefly in understanding as she knew what he meant: run in his direction.

Keeping her position as still as possible, her eyes narrowed between the pack wolves once more, glad the attention wasn't on her. Soon enough, Edelweiss slowly bent her hind legs, gaining the momentum she needed before she ran, full speed ahead in the direction the male wolf once was. She darted with as much strength as she could, not caring about the flaring pain that managed to creep it's way back to her sore muscles and injured front left fore leg.

With the built up energy she had required from staying still in one place, she knew now was the time to show how much she endured and how much she could run until she knew she was safe. Through the leaves, trees, and bushes of the forest, she didn't care about the noise she would be make anymore. The only thing on her mind was to escape, and escape she will. Her body wobbled during her race to escape, but that never stopped her. But, what was slowing her down a little was her breathing. Although she manged to train herself how to breathe in a way that would help her, with the adrenaline rush and the quickened and fast pace she was going at, her breathing became more ragged and painful. But, she didn't care. She was given an out and she was taking it.

Soon enough, she noticed the wolf ahead of her, his large, massive size wasn't one to reckon with as well as his sleek, black coat that seemed to not only enhance the male wolf's seemingly massive strength, but something about the male wolf screamed. . . more than a lone wolf. But, whatever it was, she was . . grateful . . she didn't know the wolf and he could have been in danger as well but he risked it for a thick-headed wolf as she. Nevertheless, she wouldn't put the male wolf in harm's way so she forced herself to run as faster than she ever thought possible. Before she knew it, she found a steady rhythm, using nature as her playground as she fell into a good beat of how to hold her weight and pace as she managed to run side by side with the male wolf. "Thank you." Was all she could let out as she focused on getting to the outskirts of the terrotories, and finally, they were.

location: border lines of the territories - outskirts | scenario: "and that's my cue" | mood: guarded yet grateful
tagged: Shax Nephalem Nephalem , Omorov Gradous13 Gradous13 , Vilkacis Eldridge Daniels Eldridge Daniels
with: The Shadow Tasteless Tasteless

Last edited:

K A T J A
ALPHESS OF TWISTED CACOPHONY
Addressing: Koryn JokerValentine JokerValentine , Convel Tasteless Tasteless , & Caeldori Aero Aero

A.s she walked beside her packmates, Katja's breathing become slightly labored, more out of frustration and a level of fatigue than anything else. The pain in her hind would not relinquish, demanding to be noticed. She hated not being able to rely on herself in this moment; she hated appearing weak. But at the same time, she realized that she actually didn't mind that, if she had to be carried, Convel was the one who was carrying her. She knew without a doubt that she could trust him; when she had taken her place as Alphess, he was the first she had promoted. There was something about him - it made her calm, balancing out her constant desire for malice and revenge. Perhaps that meant she should actually be afraid of him; whether or not he knew it, he was the only wolf she knew that could make her less of the bloodthirsty killer she constantly made herself out to be.

Her Elite Guard spoke up, breaking the silence between them, and asked whether she still wanted him and Koryn to scout out the camp edges of the Forbidden Shadows. He reminded her of the possibility that her attacker could have been sent from there, and the fur on her nape prickled at the thought, echoing the irritation that Convel expressed through his suddenly elevated tone. The Alphess considered his question, hesitating momentarily; he had a point, although she probably would have been able to smell the Forbidden Shadows on her attacker's skin. They had a very distinct smell, one she could never miss had it been there. At the same time, it was an odd coincidence that two she-wolves showed up at nearly the same moment, and in that moment the Alphess had been injured - unless, of course, it hadn't been a coincidence.

As she thought this through, she became aware that they were nearing their camp. She could smell it in the air before she really noticed the familiar trees and rocks, standing how they always have for hundreds of years. When she didn't respond, Convel continued his statement, "In all do respect, Alphess, we cannot afford to lose you, but I will forever obey your orders." His amiable words reaffirmed that her trust in him from the very beginning had not been misplaced. She finally nodded briefly and then replied, "You're right. It was too much of a coincidence that two wolves we've never seen before showed up at nearly the same time. The Forbidden Shadows could be up to something, or the rogues might be out for revenge; either way, tonight, we should play it safe. But tomorrow," she added, looking over at him with her intense gaze, "we will revisit the idea. That border needs to be checked." Katja had made up her mind, and it would be hard to persuade her. She watched him for a moment, allowing her words to sink in, and then her eyes seemed to relax and she turned her head forward, peering out in front of her once again.

Only minutes had passed when they finally stepped through the camp entrance. All the eyes of her packmates were already trained in her direction; they could probably smell her blood before they had even arrived. She didn't bother meeting any of their gazes in return, though. Her expression became rock hard, confident and impenetrable, and she suddenly stood up straight so that she was no longer leaning on Convel - she became the Alphess of Twisted Cacophony once again. Only those who knew her best would be able to see through that outer shell and recognize that, with every one of her strides, she was still vulnerable and in pain.

She headed straight for her den towards the back of the camp, ignoring all of the curious and concerned eyes; Katja would address them later, once she had been advised by a healer and better understood what the prognosis would be. Her den was made up of three massive boulders standing about 50 feet high, all leaning on one another for support to make a triangular shape. A small, cracked hole sat at the bottom where two boulders met, facing the rest of camp, and that was how she got in and out. As she pressed on, Katja intentionally swished her tail, an invitiation for those who had been previously walking with her to continue following her into her den.

Koryn- T.C.
Addressing, Madathi Madathi Tasteless Tasteless (indirectly)

Certainly the male expected to be chosen with honor to assist the alphess back to camp. He had done everything he was supposed to do, and for nothing. But it deeply angered him to see how Convel managed to get all he so wished, using his prestige and his seemingly romantic drive to convince the alphess to hold conversation with him. But Koryn simply bowed his head in reply, and spoke softly. "As the alphess so wishes," he said convincingly genuine. He took his leave from the scene, and made his way to the dead elk, the mother. When he was withdrawn enough, and approaching the dead female, he spoke to himself very harshly. "O of course Convel gets to be the hero of the situation, while I am given the task of bringing the kills to camp. How I loathe him every day a little more." He grabbed the scruff of the doe and began to drag the kill across the ground. He felt embarrassed, ashamed that he had to drag the dead animal across the earth, a follower and not a leader. He felt that he had no value with his job, and even though Katja was alphess and that shewas most fair, he surely had spite for the elite sentinel.

Alta - F.S.
Elite Guard
Addressing: Vilkacis Eldridge Daniels Eldridge Daniels Ikki Aero Aero Omorov Gradous13 Gradous13 Shax Nephalem Nephalem

"I myself am also curious about why you would attack a lone wolf who didn't even provoke your clan. As well as ask you what you have to gain from attacking said she-wolf, you are renowned even in the Forbidden Shadow clan for your aggression Shax but surely you aren't one to simply attack anything living you see. Especially when they are so close to our own west woods, would you mind enlightening me on the situation then, or perhaps you would even be so kind as to let me and my clansmen know why your alpha decided to let the whole island hear her war-cry and set us all on high alert?"

Alta would enter closely behind Vilkacis, her posture relaxed and cool. Her voice would reflect this calmness, a delicate lilt imbued with a rasp not unlike a brush of snow against bare skin.

"Do not be alarmed. We only want something to report back to our superiors. As you know, tensions have been high between our packs, and it would benefit all of us if you could help dispel the... confusion that this signal has caused."

Alta would notice the exile's disappearance almost immediately, but she would hardly be flinched by this development. Indeed, she would be rather relieved that the loner escaped, as it would mean one less wolf to account for and in truth, one less corpse to bury should this confrontation elevate to violence.

"Don't bother going after her. We are greater in numbers and in speed and we are quite keen on getting answers. Besides, chasing her will only cause her wounds to worsen - I could smell her blood from a mile away - and you'd be left with no-one to question. Isn't that what you wanted? To talk to her? Otherwise, why would you waste time asking why she attacked your alpha, if she even did, when you could've killed her, as is your duty?"

Last edited:
Omorov watched Shax circle and question the exile when he heard the sound of a breaking branch very close by. The exile had found a chance to escape and she took it, darting away with as much speed as possible. Omo had become fed up with this journey and his old self immediately emerged, the Omorov many used to see and know as he felt this was some elaborate game someone came up with. All the activity was very annyoing and now blood lust ran rampent through his vains"WHO ARE YOU TO ASK WHAT WE DO? I WILL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB AND SCATTER YOU INTESTINE ACROSS THE FOREST!!!" His voice became incredibly deep, vile and evil, even for him. Omo's words crashed against the trees like a heavy storm and echoed around the area. His mouth began to salivate "I WILL BATHE IN YOUR BLOOD AND FEAST UPON YOUR FLESH! No Shadow has any need to know OUR BUSINESSES" Omo bellowed, his teeth stayed hidden only his voice and eye shown his rage "Leave this are or I will strike down those who dare oppose me! this is not your land nor anyones for that matter, we have brought our presence here on our own accord and matters!" only Omorov's voice quieted but his tone kept the same....

Moccasin Moccasin Nephalem Nephalem

"Oh calm yourself Omorov, as you said this area is not ours or yours. Thus making it a neutral spot, as for the matters you call your own you really lost any right to call them your own when your alpha notified everyone on the island, including us, that there was a violent situation at hand with her rather hard to ignore howling. We are merely here because we are concerned about a possible battle and wish to ensure that none of our pack is in danger, don't tell me you wouldn't be doing the same exact thing if the situation was reversed. Just let us know what happened so that way we know how to react to this situation." Vilkacis said this in a very calm almost bored tone of voice, that didn't mean he wasn't unnerved by Omorov. Just not in the way Omorov might be hoping, no what upset Vilkacis was the fact that Omorov was getting increasingly violent over a simple set of questions. This not only made him suspicious but also angry about the rather unprovoked threats being made to his clansmen.
"In regards to your threats to my pack, remember that we have yet to harm or in any way disturb you or your clan so I would appreciate it if you would not be so quick to threaten their safety. Because if you are threatening my pack, know that the instant you even flinch towards them I will ensure that you will not live to see your threat through." This last part was spoken clearly and coldly; as if winter itself had returned in the form of Vilkacis' voice and was ready to unleash a blizzard where no one would be safe. After making his counter-threat Vilkacis took a breath and released a short low howl, just loud enough for the two squads to hear. However, in the quiet following his threat, this rather soft howl carried the same sense of danger one might feel when approaching an enemy who greatly overpowers them. In only a few seconds the remaining six wolves revealed themselves and were ready to attack, but a simple shake of Vilkacis' head convinced them to stand down.
"Now I will ask calmly and politely once more, you are free to answer or walk away but understand that those are your only two choices in this scenario. What happened to your pack that made you presume that violence and even a war cry was necessary? And is our pack in any danger because of said violence and war cry?" What happened next was completely up to the enemy now, Vilkacis hoped for the peaceful solution but was more than prepared for the violent one should it come to pass.

Conrad
6edae50d1ebb1279288406ff827f7e6d.jpg
"The Shadow"
Feeling :: Calming

His gaze remained steady, focused forward despite the she-wolf matching his speed before thanking him. He hadn't expected her to be grateful, nor to follow him once they reached the outskirts. Finally, the pair was in a dense area along the Outskirts. He huffed quietly, slowing his pace down to a steady trot.
He towered over Edelweiss, his body nearly three times hers. Yet for some reason, she didn't seemed afraid. "I'm Conrad, most wolves call me Shadow." He says gruffly, his voice gutteral like a deep growl.
"I have a den not far from here, there is can assess and treat your wounds properly." He says gently, "If you'll allow me." He finishes, keeping his stormy gray eyes forward.
Dusk was approaching, meaning their scents would be heavier due to the humidity. "How did you end up in that situation, if you don't mind me asking." He could see the trees with deep gouges, having been made by him sharpening his claws and fangs.
They were nearing his den area, which was a small clearing, near the center was a boulder with a large hole dug underneath, formally a large bears den, which he took care of long ago.

Convel
2931b00fb97d7c94d79895e8b6042182.jpg
Pack :: Twisted Cacophony
Feeling :: Content
Tags :: Madathi Madathi JokerValentine JokerValentine

Aero Aero

He listened to Katja carefully, before dipping his head in agreement. "As you wish." Were they only words the large guard summoned, before closing his maw once more. He was never an outspoken canine, he was more of a thinker, no one truly knew what was circling through his mind until he spoke it.
He feels Katja straighten her posture, and he follows her lead. Holding his head high, yet walking a pace slower than Katja to allow her to show her prowess, and dominance. His hazel eyes remain forward, yet he could see the flick of her tail beckoning him and the others to follow her.
He does so obediently, careful not to rush his Alphess in any way, he didn't particularly enjoy stepping on her toes. His flicks his ears forward, his eyes and fur calm, tail low in a calm manner.
Once he stepped into her den, he took a defensive position merely a tail length away from her, angled side ways to see his Alphess as well as the others who followed. He calmly sits on his haunches, his tail folding over his large hind paws.
He inhales silently, ready for his Alphess to brief them, possibly praise them for defending her. Yet he expected a scolding to bestow on Caeldori, who not only caught eavesdropping, yet had ventured out of camp. His gaze falls on the pup, turning stern and powerful. It was foolish for a pup to venture out, as birds of prey were keen on swooping up young ones who are not protected by older wolves.

Decided to update my charrie's profile a lil'. (:

K A T J A
mtuhe1.png

A.DDRESSING

rkq00j.jpg

C.URRENTLY

MOOD
Frustrated &
Concerned

" C.RUMBLING U.NDERNEATH M.E "

The Alphess passed by a particular she-wolf, one of whom she knew to be particularly savvy with herbs and the suchlike, and she beckoned for her to follow amongst the rest with a gesture of her head and a matter-of-factly grunt. When she reached the entrance of her den, she slipped through as agile as a feline despite her injury and then made her way to the back of the edifice. She leisurely lowered onto her stomach, feeling relieved that she was finally in a place where she didn't feel the need to move. Convel took a place close to her and assumed a protective stance as the healer and Caeldori entered, then he relaxed, resting on his hind. Katja looked around at her guests and her eyes ultimately landed on the she-wolf she had beckoned most recently.

"Come here," Katja demanded quietly, and the she-wolf scurried over on command. "I was attacked by a rogue wolf during a hunt with Convel and Koryn. Do what you need to do to fix me up."

The female examined her from a pace away for a moment, glancing warily at the Elite Guard sitting nearby, and then she bowed respectfully to the Alphess. "May I approach you to examine your wound, Alphess?"

The Alphess' response was unnecessarily impatient. "I already said that you can do what you need to do." The female didn't even seem bothered by the rude comment; as the common wolf chosen for healing work, she probably dealt with frustrated attitudes rather frequently. She came forward, merely inches from Katja, and sniffed at her wound momentarily. It still bled, but not nearly as profusely as it had been. The she-wolf reached forward with her paw and gently brushed it against the Alphess' hind paw, assessing her reaction for pain; Katja immediately flinched, pulling her leg away from the she-wolf's touch at once, and a low growl rumbled in her throat. She was not going to make an easy patient whatsoever.

After a moment, the she-wolf nodded and barked slowly, thinking aloud, "Yes... Yes, I think I know what you need. There are some herbs nearby the Eastern Cliffs close to our camp; it will take a half hour or so to fetch them and return." She peered into Katja's frustrated gaze and her ears swiveled back submissively out of respect. It was apparent through the rest of the she-wolf's body language that she feared Katja; whether or not it was a good kind of fear - a kind of fear that radiated respect toward the Alphess and dispelled doubt about her abilities - or if it was a bad kind of fear - a kind that made wolves turn and run, a kind that started wars - it was hard to tell.

"Go, then," Katja snapped, her ears splaying in a display of dominance and aggression. The she-wolf didn't say another word, disappearing from the den in an instant. Once she was gone, the Alphess released a long, drawn out sigh; her body language relaxed and exhaustion became evident. Nonetheless, she made the effort to sit up again, and then she curled her body so that her head could reach her injured hind, and she began to lick the blood from her wound. She winced, making a harsh breathing sound, as she did this; the feel of her wet tongue made her leg sting, and as much as she wanted to be prepared for it, she wasn't. After a moment of letting the sudden, sharp pain subside and wane into a dull throbbing once again, Katja resumed her cleanse, pushing through the miserable sensation.

"Caeldori," she finally said after a moment, taking a break from bathing herself. "Go outside. I will speak with you in a moment." After the pup had obeyed her words, she and Convel were alone; the Alphess seemingly hesitated, organizing her thoughts. "Omorov disappeared after the battle just west of Mount Suvex, and he claims that he had been patrolling Forbidden Shadows territory. That's when he told me he found out about their weaker defenses to the west." She was confiding in Convel, something she didn't do often. "I haven't decided yet if I want to believe him. Truthfully, he's most likely telling the truth; Omorov is his own character, but he's anything but dishonest." Katja paused, turning her red eyes on him finally. "But it wouldn't be the first time someone trustworthy went behind my back." Her gaze was soft; she was not accusing him, but rather asking for his input on the matter. Her words seemed to have deeper meaning than Convel understood at the moment. "The 'wolf pack' is such a fragile system. We can say what we want about how powerful we are and we can show off our prowess, but it only takes one to destroy everything. And I would hate... to find out that it's crumbling underneath me after the fact." She stopped talking again, considering her words. "If something is going on, I would at least like to be able to try doing something about it. So Convel, when you're patrolling Forbidden Shadows, what you're really doing - what I need you to do - is figuring out what truthfully happened the night of the battle." She watched him after she finished speaking, measuring his reaction, wondering what he was going to say to her in reply.

Coding © Madathi Madathi

Last edited:
Vilkacis spoke to Omorov and Shax about their information gathering of Katja's war cry, the violence and the threats Omo made clear to him and his comrades along with wether or not the FS pack was in danger of attack"The only dog I will flinch towards is your throat!" Omo said with mockary in his voice "And you of many should know that a war cry of that calibre is only commenced by an Alpha or Alphess, that was up to Katja, that exile attacked Katja or it was possibly another, either way the bitch got what she deserved" Omo said in away that didn't how if he was talking about Katja or the Exile "As for your prescious pack, Fobidden Shadows has and always will be in danger, have none of you fools realized this?" Omo answered with incredible hatred "And dont think the lot of you could easily take both Shax and I so the two choices you spoke of do not carry any weight! Are you satisfied or are you going to keep playing your games, Vilkacis?" Omorovs rage was to the tipping point, "Calm down! I cant assist Shax if I am injured!" Omo thought, he had been growing increasingly violent over the winter which wasn't normal for him, and now even the presence of a Shadow wolf made him intantly want blood, with calmed voice he looked into Vilkacis, like he was a ghost, "That is all you are getting in ways of information" Omo looked to Shax "Lets go"

Eldridge Daniels Eldridge Daniels Nephalem Nephalem

Last edited:
IGO
r8c8cm.jpg

Igo's pale, blue eyes glinted in the reflection of the sun. There were no clouds out today, he noticed, as he peered up. He was following the shadow of an eagle he spotted gliding across the ground unhindered. He pondered what life would be like as an eagle or a raven. No one to report to, no stress about the warring packs. The threat of death knocking at your door each night simply because you are from the other side of the island. A soft sigh escaped his nose while he thought.

The scent of his Alphess cut through the air like a blade, catching the entirety of his attention immediately. He sat up quickly from his previously laying position as his ears perked up. He was eager to hear what was the result after she and the guard rushed out of camp so quickly. Blood. It was very easy to pick up that a fight had taken place. Katja had clearly taken damage, but who's to say how the other wolf ended up. Igo secretly hoped it was a loner she battled. He wasn't ready for the packs to pick up fighting again. The longer peace time went on, the more comfortable he became in it.

He quickly made his way closer to Katja as she entered the main camp and he simply extended his snout towards her. She made it very clear she was not in the mood for greetings, so he gave her space. He knew she would come around if she needed him. For now, Igo was just glad she hadn't suffered any grave wounds. She will survive as always.

Since his Alphess's return had brought Igo back to the main camp instead of daydreaming on the outskirts, he began scanning his fellow pack members. Something small, yet particularly significant to him struck him seemingly out of nowhere. He began to realize why he felt like such an outsider. Black fur. White fur. Gray fur. Igo took a short glance at his tail, observing the golden color. He had no idea where his fur color came from. Neither of his parents shared his color, nor could he find anyone within the pack. He became slightly insecure in this and began to overthink the situation. Creating the scenario in his mind that his "parents" might not have been his actual parents. He began to think that maybe he was born from a loner.

"Tsk." Igo shook his head slightly as the sound of him sucking through his teeth was heard. 'Why must I torment myself with these thoughts...go do something productive.' He thought to himself.

Igo spotted Koryn dragging the freshly killed doe across the grounds and slowly padded his way towards him. As he got within earshot Igo spoke in a low, calm voice. "Do you need help with that, brother?"

Addressing-

JokerValentine JokerValentine
Madathi Madathi

Last edited:
Edelweiss Wysteria Hope
The Lone She-Wolf

giphy.gif
Once they were out of Twisted Cacophony's territory, Edelweiss found herself letting out a deep, strained, sigh as she slowly and steadily paced herself into a trot. She was wreary and distressed, and all she wanted to do was find some water and throw herself in it to get off all the dried blood that was matted against her coat. Her eyes were a little droopy as she relaxed her muscles, knowing the area Shadow had helped her reach was a sacred area, and a place she found herself moving along to and from since she could remember. But, it never occurred to her to stay since she always felt the presence of other wolves that may have been buried there and found herself a bit entrapped if she had stayed.

Nevertheless, Edelweiss turned her attention to the male wolf who helped her, taking in the male wolf's appearance further since she wasn't running for dear life at the moment. He was much bigger than she thought he was and for some odd reason she wasn't scared of him. She was more curious and intrigued. How had she not seen the male wolf around before? With his size, he could have easily been spotted, And, by judging by his trot, he seems to know the area like the back of his hands. Edelweiss was a good tracking, but even then, her sense of wanting to challenge others was always got her into trouble. So, even if she knew the smell and where the border lies, there were times when even she would get confused as to which side belongs to which pack as the area is so dense and wide.

As Edelweiss kept wondering why she hadn't seen the male wolf before, she felt and could tell he wasn't stupid (like she was) to blatantly cross paths with the pack wolves, knowing he would be no match for them. Edelweiss let out a impish huff, shaking her head at that thought. As she found herself slightly falling behind in steps as shadow was in front of her, Edelweiss looked up when he had directly spoke to her. She was a little taken aback at the wild wolf's kindness, more so, to help her even as much as to take care of her wounds. Edelweiss wanted to just lick her wounds and find whatever herbs she could to treat it with. But, that would mean she knew what herb she was using.

It was at this point that she felt somewhat incompetent, as she never found herself in such a dire situation, suprisingly. But, there was always a first, right? Nevertheless, she always found a loop hole to get out of the situations she would be in, but this time it was too much for her. She never liked relying on other wolves, especially since it meant she would owe them a favor as well. Edelweiss didn't know how to answer Conrad as she felt indebted to him already. He had given her his name and that means a lot, especially in the wild such as this. "C-conrad?" She spoke out quietly, her vocal chords still strained and flaring with pain. With a nod, Edelweiss signaled that she acknowledged his name, only to continue, her tone slightly playful, "Shadow? It sounds like you're living a double life. . .but, since it is just us two, for now. . Conrad, it is. But. . out there. . perhaps, Shadow. Sounds good?" Edelweiss asked him.To know a wolf's name, to her, is knowing someone's identity and she didn't know if she was ready to let someone in. It felt like years but it has only been mere months when she last talked to another wolf amicably. But, she never stayed in touch with the wolf for more than at least two days much less have given her actual name. But, she felt like she could trust him, so perhaps. .. . "My family. . used to call me Hope." Edelweiss finished and decided. Conrad had been nothing but a calming force to her and even more so . . gentle. Edelweiss was never good at judging characters, but, the male wolf before her seemed genuine. Will it be okay?

As Edelweiss found herself still not turning away from Conrad or even leaving in another direction, she noticed that they were approaching what seemed to be Conrad's safe-haven. Her ears twitched and her tail swished to the side slightly as she looked around, noticing the small clearing. She took notice of the tree with the big gouges as she saw the claw marks dented into them But, hearing Conrad's question of what had happened to her, Edelweiss looked over at him, tilting her head slightly in a way she wouldn't hurt herself even more, "Do you want. . the long version? Or short?" She asked in a teasing manner, but slightly curious if he would believe her. However, as they got closer to the clearing, Edelweiss stopped a few feet away from the boulder where there had been hole underneath it. She never liked tight spaces or being. . underground. Her head shook as her tail whipped back and forth. "I . . Conrad. .would we have to go . . well . . inside or well . . under?" She asked, slightly hesitant as she stared at him. Her head shook as she found herself not wanting to go inside, "Tight spaces. . . .I mean, I could just wash my coat if there's a nearby water. Really. You don't have to go through so much trouble. Thank you." Edelweiss quickly countered, only for a slight wave of dizziness came upon her as she found herself trembling. Her good, right front paws buckled and she fell, letting out a wince.

location: vetus lignum (conrad's camp) | scenario: "recovery meet&greet" | mood: hesitant yet intrigued
tagged: Conrad Tasteless Tasteless

Conrad
6edae50d1ebb1279288406ff827f7e6d.jpg
"The Shadow"
Feeling :: Understanding

He listened silently, stepping one paw inside the den. Conrad stops, shifting his stormy blue gaze towards Edelweiss, who seemed rather unwilling to enter his den.
He nodded slightly, "There is a pond nearby, it is small yet will have to do." He says quietly, before disappearing into his den for a moment. When he emerged his jaws were gently clenched around a bundle of herbs. He kept his tongue drawn back, as while they had healing properties, they never tasted the best.
He beckons Edelweiss with his tail, before making his way towards Vetus Lignum. He gives the massive trees it's distance, instead of going right under it. He never enjoyed getting to close to the tree, as he felt it deserved it's own space.
He silently leads Edelweiss past Vetus Lignum, and towards Forbidden Shadows territory. The pair eventually come upon a decent sized pond, lined with white rocks. Inside the pond small fish swim around, various colors and styles.
He lowers his head, dropping the herbs onto one of the white rocks. His gaze turns toward Edelweiss, "take your time, you earned it." He says quietly, before beginning to chew a root, drawing his lips back in a snarl or disgust. He silently spits out the pulp, before beginning to chew another root.

Convel
2931b00fb97d7c94d79895e8b6042182.jpg
Tags :: Madathi Madathi

He watched the Medic begin go evaluate Katja, yet when his Alphess growled, a low growl emitted from his chest as well. The Medic flashed him a worried gaze, before finishing and exiting the den.
As Katja cleans her wound, he avoids staring at her. Instead his gaze is placed on Caeldori, that is, until Katja orders the pup out of her den.
His gaze shifts onto his Alphess as she spoke, his gaze was steady with hers. As she confides in him, the fur on his chest fluffs slightly in a feeling he hadn't felt before. The thought of his pack mates becoming traitors made his gaze become stern. His ears swivel forward, and he nods slightly. "It is not crumbling beneath you, my dear." He says quietly. "Alright few bad stones never ruins a mountain." His eyes meet hers. "I will find out what you need to know, Alphess. Perhaps I go alone this time, Koryn will only slow me down and possibly give away our position."
He stood tall, slightly taller than Katja, and thicker. His silky pelt was surprisingly flawless, despite the blood that had rubbed onto him from Katja, as well last the wounds on his muzzle and ears.
"As long as I stand, no wolf shall go unpunished due to betrayal. You have my promise, Katja." His voice was powerful, rough, yet kind. His eyes were kind and light, unlike during battle when Convel turned into a monster.
He swishes his tail around his paws, "until I must depart, I will guard your den at your approval." He says softly, meeting her gaze once more.

Decided to update my charrie's profile a lil'. (:

K A T J A
mtuhe1.png

A.DDRESSING

rkq00j.jpg

C.URRENTLY

MOOD
In pain, but relaxing

" D.OCTOR'S O.RDERS "

"It is not crumbling beneath you, my dear," Convel said softly while meeting her gaze. Her ears twitched at the words; they were reassuring, and her body language eased slightly to reflect that. The Elite Guard then suggested he go alone, without Koryn, and she huffed, considering his words. Now that Convel knew what the task at hand actually was, he knew what was best for him to accomplish the task, and she trusted that he knew what he was doing. So the Alphess eventually nodded.

"Koryn won't like that," she stated simply; a slightly amused light touched her expression. "When he returns, either of us - I don't have a preference who - need to tell him. And I'll allow him to guard my den when you leave. That will satisfy him I'm sure."

Of course the Alphess was aware of his constant attempts at getting her attention, at proving himself to her. Any wolf who wasn't a Guard would be stupid not to follow in Koryn's lead, because essentially any wolf who wasn't a Guard wanted to be. Despite the fact that his attempts at showing himself off to her sometimes went overboard, she secretly appreciated them. Katja could count on him, and that was something not to be taken for granted.

Convel continued after her remarks, reassuring her further with a particular softness. It caught her attention; nobody ever spoke to her in that way. Of course, there was almost always a level of respect in the room when she was around, but never like this. It wasn't necessarily respect; it was... something else. Katja allowed herself to smile at him, not with mockery or attitude, but a gentleness that complimented his kind words. It was a gesture of appreciation for his thoughtful words.

It wasn't long until the she-wolf returned with a mouthful of berries and roots, pausing at the entrance to wait for permission to enter. The Alphess was calmer now, not feeling so bitter, and she beckoned her in with a relaxed bark. The she-wolf then trotted inside and approached Katja, placing the many herbs in her mouth on the ground next to her. "This may sting a little," she warned with a cautious glance in the Alphess' direction, "but it should help with the bleeding." She stepped on some of the berries, squishing them under her paws, and then she slowly brushed her berry-soaked paw over the open flesh on Katja's leg. The Alphess flinched, a growl reforming in the deep part of her throat out of pain, but then she relaxed and let the she-wolf do what she needed to do. The healer put a number of things on her leg, and eventually the stinging began to fade. The smell of fresh blood also began to lessen. The healer also had her consume a few leaves of some sort; they tasted awful, and Katja made no attempt to conceal the contorted expression on her face as she chewed them. They were bitter. And sour. And just downright horrible.

After about ten minutes the she-wolf placed some different shaped leaves on her wound. "These should stop the bleeding completely. They need to be changed at least twice a day. And until your wound starts to scab over, I'm afraid you won't be doing much moving around."

Katja looked at her irritably, obviously not very pleased with the sound of that, but the she-wolf avoided her gaze, focused on placing the leaves on her leg. "Doctor's orders," she chuckled softly. She was also more relaxed than she had been earlier. The atmosphere in the den in that moment was generally very pleasant.

Coding © Madathi Madathi

Aero Aero , Moccasin Moccasin

For a moment it appeared that the worst scenario was come to pass, and Vilkacis couldn't help but wonder what was making Omorov so downright angry. No matter how big two wolves might be, claiming that they are stronger than 11 other sets of teeth and claws was foolhardy no matter who you asked. This was the Omorov of old, the one who almost defined what it meant to be of Twisted Cacophony; that meant you had to be vicious and possess a killer instinct that few could rival. Something was afoot here, and Vilkacis didn't like it. He paused a moment to make sure the two enemy wolves were truly gone, then he turned to address his team.
"We are done here, I don't like being this close to enemy territory and we need to make a report to the alpha. Ikki and Alta, you're with me the scouts will be in the middle of the formation and the fighters will take up the rear. I don't like how aggressive our enemy was before parting, everyone be on alert on our way back to camp. We need to get back and relay the information we have gathered and see what actions need to take place." With that being said Vilkacis led the squad back toward the camp at a brisk pace, at the pace they went it took them about ten minutes to return to their camp. The first thing Vilkacis did was check with the wolves on patrol, no one seemed in any way anxious so that meant all was normal as far as they could tell. Just to be sure he ordered some of them to keep a sharp eye out and try to move with at least one other wolf at all times after his order was relayed he made his way into the camp and dismissed the scouts and fighters before turning to Alta and Ikki.
"I would like both of you to accompany me when we make our report to the alpha, it is important that we relay every detail that we can. So before we make our report, I want to ask you two if you saw anything besides the obvious. Any detail, no matter how small, could be of vital importance."

Last edited:
Caeldori - Twisted Cacophony Pup
Addressing - Katja Madathi Madathi

Caeldori kept her head down, not wishing to look up at all the wolves staring at her. She could sense their gazes, just watching and waiting for Katja to address the pup. Caeldori held back a growl; she wished they would just look away for this was none of their business! But she knew being her rebellious self would not be wise in her given situation.

"Pup, come," Her alphess finally demanded once she gave orders to the others. Caeldori gave a slight nod and followed her injured leader back to camp. The pup kept look out from behind, making sure no other wolves try to attack. Thankfully, they made it back to camp without any intrusions, and the young pup continued to follow behind Katja. Once inside, she watched the she-wolf touching her alphess' wounds carefully. When Katja flinched, Caeldori was ready to scold the healer but bit back her tongue. 'Not the time. Everything is handled calm down.' The young one thought to herself and let out a quiet sigh. When the she-wolf was done addressing what she needed to do, Caeldori watched her walk out the den to begin her voyage to the Eastern Cliffs. The pup's gaze then went back to her alphess when she commanded Caeldori to leave the den. The pup bowed once more and obeyed the orders.

Outside the den, Caeldori kept guard. Well, what she thought was guarding. The young one paced back and forth in front of Katja's den, growling at a few wolves who got too close. The wolves which she growled at gave her confused looks but continued on their way, and Caeldori stood with a proud smile. When the she-wolf returned with the supplies she needed, Caeldori stepped aside to let her in. She then continued her guarding.

Ikki - Forbidden Shadows Sentinal
Addressing: Vilkacis Eldridge Daniels Eldridge Daniels , Alta Moccasin Moccasin

Ikki did not wish to go out into the field; she just wanted to stay at camp and make sure every wolf was safe. Alas, she did not see any point in arguing with her alpha, and so she bowed her head then followed Vilkacis into the woods alongside Alta. Once there, she stayed close behind the squad leader and followed his path. Ikki stood in a defensive stance when they met the loners and Omorov, ready to fight if necessary. Alas, despite the tense situation she couldn't help but feel a bit sad. She watched as her fellow wolves argue and snap at the other wolves doing the same in return. She let out a sigh. 'With the humans gone, I always thought one day we'd all get along.' She thought to herself, still observing the situation before her. Ikki saw how this Shax was not the nicest wolf, heck Omorov was their enemy, but they were still wolves like her and any other wolf.

Finally, the wolves left and there was just her, Alta, and Vilkacis once more. She listened to the Elite Guard's next move and nodded when he was finished. Ikki was so distracted by her thoughts of peace, she did not truly see anything except for the scene before them. 'It's best if Vilkacis handles the report.' She thought and followed him back to their grounds.

Koryn- T.C.
Addressing- Igo Darth Oats Darth Oats

The male was quite tired with dragging the male as he approached camp, his back strained from dragging the downed beast rather slowly. Truly it was an embarrassment and an injury to himself to have everyone in full view of the pack to have him drag the beast to the pack. Like he was some sort of low-level worker or something. But a voice pricked his ears that addressed him. Igo, a sometimes annoying wolf that insisted on calling everyone "brother" or "sister" as if they were all inbred. But that was not the case, as Igo had certain loyalties to his pack, not as much as Koryn would like to believe he had, but certain loyalty indeed. The black male dropped the elk's scruff and saw the orange male approach.

"Ah, Igo," he said rather warmly, "I would very much appreciate the aid. Take this one and bring it into the center of the grounds. There are two others that need to be brought as well. And seeing as you have been sleeping in, you can take the larger of the two and i'll take the third." The alphess was not watching, so he did not need to show his bravado and his excellence in full view. He could let the root-colored wolf handle the brunt of the remaining work, while Koryn could take his time and wait for the upcoming activity of scouting. He hoped that the alphess was in health as well.

Convel
proxy.jpg

Tags :: Madathi Madathi JokerValentine JokerValentine

His head dips for a moment, agreeing with Katja. Once the Medic rushes back into the den, Convel slips out to confront Koryn. He slowly climbs down the aligned rocks, and his gaze lands on the wolf. "Koryn." Convel barks, the Sentinel had decided that Igo could help him carry the carcasses.
Convel approached him slowly, his head held high and his gaze strong. "Koryn, you will not be joining me during the scouting of Forbidden Shadows territory." He hesitated, watching the Sentinels mood change rapidly, the loyal dog always tried to show off for his Alphess.
"Instead, you will be guarding the Alphess's den." Convel begins to make his way back up towards the den, yet he stops for a moment.
His cranes his neck, his gaze locking on Koryn. "Don't mess this up." He growls loudly, before swiftly disappearing into Katja's den once more.
The Medic seemed to be in a lighter mood, and Convel nodded his head at Katja, showing that the deed was done. He sits beside her, and watches the Medic finish up.

Alta - F.S.
Elite Guard
Addressing: Servius JokerValentine JokerValentine Vilkacis Eldridge Daniels Eldridge Daniels Ikki Aero Aero

As the party made it back to camp, Alta couldn't help feeling annoyed at how the whole situation was handled. Although confronting the wolves warded off any activity in the east, no way of direct inquiry would get them the answers they needed. Their foes were too brash and too strong to fight directly, and their speed, though useful in scouting missions, was of no use to them in unknown territory. The Shadows would need to be smart, smarter and more organized than they've ever been as a pack, but more importantly, smarter than the Twisted Cacophony.

-- Later, during the report:

"The wolves' behavior does not suggest that the North is preparing for an attack, though I cannot be sure of their intentions. However, I believe we have enough hard evidence to assume that they are not attacking any time soon. The signal seems to have been sent out from the same clearing as the one we encountered Shax and Omorov in, probably to call attention to the loner we saw, who is, as Vilkacis mentioned, suspected of attacking the alphess... Otherwise the two would have already been on their way to assist Katja someplace else," Alta said, glancing at the other scouts as if to confirm the accuracy of her report.

"To counter some of your concerns before they arise, my alpha, with respect I bring up the question that if Katja ordered them to be stationed there to form a flank while she rallied the rest of her army, why would she place them near Mount Suvex if vegetation and other forms of concealment are the most sparse there? She would not want her first attack to consist of visible guerrillas and an army impeded by the dense undergrowth of the west, that would just not make sense..." Alta's voice would falter as she looked up at Servius, her eyes gauging his reaction carefully.

Last edited:
IGO
2dv33gy.jpg

Igo's head tilted left involuntarily as he struggled to comprehend Koryn's tone. He couldn't tell if he was speaking out of smite or if it was simply a jest. Nevertheless, Igo wasn't the arguing type.
"Is that so?" He replied, "Then would you be so kind as to show me the way to the other two?" As he asked this, though, the two were interrupted by Convel. Igo has always felt that Convel was a selfish wolf. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that. Especially when it comes to the betterment of the pack. There's just something about the way he carries himself that is off-putting to him.

As the wolf gives out his orders to Koryn, blatantly ignoring Igo's presence, Igo sent a sidelong glance in Koryn's direction. He wasn't going to be happy with that. Igo was prepared to make a comment on Koryn's situation, but was wildly overcome by a yawn that seemed to sneak up from nowhere. His body shuddered as all of his muscles contracted at once, and Igo proceeded to shake his fur out once the yawn ended.

"Wow...that was a good one." Igo chuckled to himself lightly before remembering he wasn't alone. "Ah, yes, Koryn... Don't worry about showing me where they are. You seem otherwise....occupied now. I'm sure I can manage on my own." Igo then leaned down to the corpse on the ground before him and took in a deep breath. He absorbed every bit of information his nose could pick up from the scent of the dead body. Giving him an almost photograph-like image in his mind of the original location of this animal, he started off towards the woods. If whatever Katja fought was still alive out there, Igo certainly hoped he wouldn't run into it when he was out on his own.

The golden wolf was no pushover, mind you. Igo had grown to a formidable size and was very capable of defending himself. He would honestly just rather not fight anything if he didn't have to.

About 10 minutes into his journey, the scent trail he was on had already gotten considerably stronger. Igo then reminds himself that he did hear Katja's howl earlier, he's pretty sure that's actually what woke him from his peaceful slumber in the first place. Which means the fight happened pretty close to camp. He just didn't think it had been this close. Igo spotted a clearing that had quite a lot of blood strewn across it and he spoke aloud to himself, "Ah. Here we are..."
_______

Addressing-

JokerValentine JokerValentine

Last edited:
Kiravay took seven Omega wolves with her along with the four pups that had been left unwatched by anyone. the group made their way through light foliage to the south of the camp where she had been instructed to go by Alta. "That was certainly a large group that went out, hopefully nothing bad will come of the war cry" Kira thought. As the others got to work, Kira stood as overwatch wehn one of the older pups followed by the other three came up to her, "Kiravay? Is war going to start? Cause if so Im ready for them!" he said boldly, She laughed a bit at the young pups statement before turning serious, "Hopefully not young one, you are older than most of the pups but you havent even had training yet...besides, do you even know of the four beast hmm?" the pups looked at each other in wonder of whom Kira spoke of, "The four beasts... Katja, able to drink all of your blood in one gulp! Then there is Convel, he can take your heart and eat it before you can even blink! The third beast, Shax, her burning yellow eyes that can destroy your soul just by looking at you! And then Omorov, a beast that wants only to kill you and devour your flesh..." The pups eyes grew larger and larger ans Kira told them how terrible the "Four beast" were "Uhh, well......maybe, we arnt quite ready....yet" said the oulder pup as they all took a few steps back before running off to play again. Kira heard a familiar voice behind her, one of the elders "Your going to give them nightmares if you keep telling them that" the older shewolf said with a chuckle "Hello Elder Arliin, Yes, I know....but it should be instiled how bad they really are early on" Kira responded bowing her head slightly "Perhaps, but there are better ways of doing so...."

Omorov walked into the area where Katja was attacked and saw Igo, "Did Katja send you Sentinel?" Omorov questioned as he picked up the larger of the two game kills with his mouth like it weighed next to nothing, "Get the other one, and dont fall behind" his voice was dominant and commanding, he shifted his attention to Shax, "Many are not wanting war so early, however I do hope we can attack soon enough, the Shadow will grow stronger if we wait to long" he said as the two moved quickly through the wood line...

Nephalem Nephalem Darth Oats Darth Oats

Koryn- T.C.
Addressing- Igo Darth Oats Darth Oats , Convel Tasteless Tasteless (indirectly)

It was truly a mixed signal, but it appeared that the other male would indeed be of aid to him. They would have finished the job in peace, if it wasn't for an idiotic intrusion of perhaps a questionable elite sentinel. The wolf locked eyes with him, and, in a growl, addressed him in a rather insulting tone. "Might it be so," Koryn hastily growled in reply, "That you failed to kill on your own without your help. I hope you manage to find your way back to the pack." But by the time the male finished his reply, he had retreated back to the alphess. Maybe he had grown too attached to her, and required her love as a verification of his status. Maybe he knew that, if he married, he would become the alpha. It is so funny, how certain wolves rise to power when nobody asked them to be there in the first place.

"I would quite like to see Convel's leg crushed by a rock so as he may not walk again," Koryn said quiety to Igo, "He thinks he's all that, just because he made his good deeds public enough for the alphess to fall in love with them." Yet, when Koryn raised his head when he got no reply, he saw that Igo had left him too. He knew Igo had said something, but he had not heard him. And there he was, bounding happily away into the forest like the idiot he sometimes was. Koryn managed to haul the beast by himself into the main camp, and quicjly decided to follow suit after Igo.

Servius - F.S.
Elite Guard
Addressing: Alta Moccasin Moccasin Vilkacis Eldridge Daniels Eldridge Daniels Ikki Aero Aero

The hearing of the report managed to put Servius somewhat at rest, but he felt in his heart that something surely was afoot. He trusted his scouts deeply, but he often wondered if they overlooked anything. "Alta," he said in a soothing voice of commandment, "if what you say is true, then perhaps they are not preparing for a war just yet. My father told me that those lands used to be lush, and that elk often frequented there. But the lands have grown sparse in recent years. You have done your job well, but I am wary of Katja's presence. Perhaps they are training? Their pack is the kind to practice their killing tactics on the elk."

Servius just wanted to ensure the safety of the pack. As an attack seemed unlikely due to the scout's report, he had very little options as to what to do. Maybe they were being tricked, maybe their enemies were smarter, or they were using the aid of the Shadows' exiles. But parts of the report made the alpha equally wary, that they may have a new enemy. The exiles were attacking their enemies, and Servius had never known Katja to be wounded. She was better than that, and he knew her to be the best of all their kind. "Thank you for your actions, Alta, Vilkacis, and fair Ikki. As I may rest easily now knowing that they are not prepared to fight, I have some concern left for the exiles. How did they manage to get to the alphess and attack her? It is unusual for her to be so far out of camp."

Altansetseg
Forbidden Shadows
Elite Guard

FS Camp --
Servius JokerValentine JokerValentine
Vilkacis Eldridge Daniels Eldridge Daniels
Ikki Aero Aero

Alta would hesitate for a moment, unsure of what to say, before responding to the alpha with careful reserve.

"We are unsure of what happened before Katja signaled the pack, but we can assume she was with a hunting party when the fighting broke out --one of our sentinels managed to pick up on a hint of elk's blood coming from the north-- but we have no information regarding the exiles' approach or if the one we encountered was even involved in the attack. Though, judging by her build, she doesn't seem to be the type to confront a large party or even a single wolf on matters of trespassing..."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back