• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy +lumos; becoming the light+ (Closed)

Characters
Here
Loire Gaunt

Everything in Loire's life was decided for her. Every man around her made decisions for her that she never agreed to, and while she openly protested it her voice was never heard, never welcomed. Then there was Cyrus. Yes he was overbearing at times but he listened to her, always tried to find a compromise that worked for everyone. In some ways he was the only one she could trust, the only person she could look to for hope. He was the light in the pitch blackness that was her life. So... she'd lean on him. At this point she was out of options, and hanging on to that future he had wanted was the only thing she had left. Even if it was a fools dream.

"I'd rather throw myself in the lake than deal with the girls, thanks. Besides I think some of the girls have a crush on the tall, dark, and handsome Gryffindor mentor." An amused smirk took over her lips as his lips met her pale cheek, her small frame leaning against him as the dice magically rolled themselves. Hey, just because it was a muggle game didn't mean she had to play by muggle rules. "Prepare to be dethroned, champ."

--

Every fucking time. Loire's goal was always to get the biggest, most expensive properties, she didn't think about any of the little ones. She also had an obsession for complete sets. So when Cyrus offered her Park Place for two of her railroads, flashed that irresistible smile of his, of course she accepted. It always fucked her over in the end, especially when she landed on the damned railroads every. fucking. time. "I concede." Her button nose scrunched as she spoke through clenched teeth. Without missing a beat the board flipped itself, the pieces flying all across the room. There was that famous Gaunt temper. "Hmph." A dark brow twitched with slight amusement and the pieces began to pack themselves up. Damned game was rigged.

Hours had passed. The old grandfather clock had chimed six times, they had ate all the snacks she had smuggled down and drank the whole bottle of cider. If they went to the dining hall they risked Nikolay finding them, and if they went out they risked someone recognizing her. "Your reward for winning is going on a date with me. Congratulations." A playful smirk took over her lips as she stood to her feet, departing the warmth of the blanket and being nestled at his side, and pulled out her wand. Loire's only notable trait as a Gaunt was her long, curly nearly white hair and pale blue eyes, so with a flick of her wrist her hair turned to a short, black bob. It wasn't ideal and maybe they'd be able to go on a date just as them one day but, for now this would do.

All Loire wanted was to spend some more time with him. It was selfish as all Hell, there was so much guilt weighing on her for not telling her twin and she had to come clean eventually. For the rest of the night, however, she wanted to be with the guy that she would risk her entire life for. With a gentle sigh she moved to stand in front of him, her pale hands cupping his face ever so lightly. "I'll bite my tongue around Larkyn and wait until you think is a good time to tell him. Okay? Just know that there's no chasing me off. You're stuck with me." It was all Loire could do to say she loved him. She'd get there eventually... baby steps. Her lips landed sweetly on his for a moment before her hands moved to hold his. "You ready to go?"

S. Longbottom

A small smile tugged at his lips as he watched the embarrassment spread across Delaney's face. It was adorable, completely and utterly made his heart skip a beat, and he loved how he was the only person that could do that to her. Sure there were other charming men out there that would love to woo Delaney, but Sebastian had his eyes set on her and he'd be damned if anyone came in to swoop her away from him. He always had, she just never took him seriously. Merlin above he hoped she'd believe him soon enough.

There it was. Some sparkle in her eye as she looked up at him had him finally, finally believing him about something. And that bright ray of sunshine that shot across her face as she spoke? It made him go rigid in his chair, quickly situating in it once more and shooting her the warmest smile he could muster. It was all he could do to keep him from jumping to her and pulling her into the tightest hug of her life. "You're the only reason I have to stay, Delaney." His eyes met hers as he implored her to believe him once more. His hand reached across the table to give hers a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "Honestly I don't even need drinks, this is just an excuse to get a nice night out with the woman I'm mad about."

As if on cue their drinks arrived at the table. Seb was quick to give her one of the glasses before holding his own up to clink with hers. "To our future, Delaney." The way he said our future held all of his hopes, all of his dreams, but he didn't want to scare her off. So, to the future.

--

How many drinks had they gone through? Seb gave a small groan as he paid their tab. There was no way they he could apparate the two of them back to Hogwarts, and if his head was spinning he could only imagine how Delaney could feel. Luckily enough his shop was just a couple blocks away, hence why he was leading her through the cold, dimly lit streets. "We'll go back in the morning, do forgive me for drinking a bit too much." Seb gave a small chuckle as he unlocked the tall building. "At least you get to see the place. It's been a while since you've been here last."

Once the pair stepped inside magic woke up the shop. Despite the chilly outside the candles that lit around the shop had it already feeling warm and cozy, the fireplace crackling as it radiated heat. The bottom of the building was his shop; a small counter, a small table and two chairs by the fireplace for the customer to wait in, and several potted beautiful flowers decorated the place. The shop was mostly neutral colors save for the yellow accents, yellow always made him think of Delaney. Behind the counter was the greenhouse, and up the winding staircase to the left led to the residential floor. "Hmm, this way. We can visit the plants when my head isn't throbbing." With that said he laced his fingers together with hers and led her up the stairs.

At the top of the stairs they entered the small living space that consisted of a plush, green velvet couch, a coffee table, and a small kitchenette. It resembled the living space of their mentor floor, just better decorated. "The bathrooms right through that door, and oh, let's get you some clothes to change into. You'll be staying in my room for the night, I'll crash on the couch." Without missing a beat he kicked off his shoes and moved into his room, a simple but elegantly decorated space with a large comfortable bed. Silently he dug through the dresser and pulled out his most comfortable pair of sweats and his favorite gardening tee shirt. "Would these work for the night? I know you think I'm a terrible womanizer, but you're the only woman who's ever been invited up here so I don't have a suitable wardrobe for you. We could always remedy that at a later date and time of course." Hey, the man was a flirt and he couldn't help it.

With a small chuckle Seb pulled out his own pajamas before heading out of the bedroom to give her some space. "How does some tea sound?"

Weasley.

Dinner. Of course it was dinner time. It wasn't like he was just about to make the biggest move, biggest fucking risk of his whole entire life. The man chased DRAGONS for a living and love was far more intimidating for him, so much so that it took the two of them being alone in his old bedroom to summon the courage to actually try to kiss her. Maybe this was the universe telling him to pump the brakes? Dru was an engaged woman, albeit not a happy one. Dru seemed so genuinely happy when they were together, and she seemed miserable at Larkyn's side. She didn't want to be Lady Gaunt, Dru wanted so much more out of life than that. Hunter wanted to show her the world, show her all the damned rare beasts.

An almost sad smile spread on his face as he looked down at Dru. There was no talking about why he'd be gone, not yet and maybe not ever. There was no denying that the Malfoys had connections to the Death Eaters, and while he was aware Dru didn't know anything about Hunter's mark he, well- fuck. Dru was a smart woman, she wasn't like her family. If she found out would she think less of him? Even listen to what happen to him or just... would she assume the worst in him? The more he thought about it the more he solidified in his stance of never telling her no matter how much he needed someone to confide in. He couldn't lose her.

"Ice. Sounds good." Gently his hand smoothed over her platinum locks and simply stood there smiling down at her, adoration written across his features as she smoothed over the lump forming on his head. Lose her was such a funny thing to say considering he could never be with her. He couldn't ruin her life. "Thanks again for coming with me Dru. Actually- no, thanks for everything. You're by far the best thing about my life. Dragons included." It was difficult for him to be vulnerable after everything that had happened, and maybe it was crazy for him to let his guard fall completely down with Dru considering her family, but he couldn’t help it.

Gently he took her hand in his and led her back down the stairs. The smell of roasted meat and vegetables wafted in the air, the bustle of so many of the Weasley’s under one roof loud enough to be heard throughout the house. They weren’t even downstairs for more than two seconds before Molly was hollering at Hunter again. “Maybe Dru can smack some sense into you and keep you around for a while. She’s the first person you’ve ever brought home and thank Merlin she has a good head on her shoulders!” It was clear Molly wasn’t going to let Hunter live down his disappearance. His cheeks heated at the mention of Dru being the first person he ever brought home though. “See? I think she already likes you more than me.” With a weak chuckle he motioned for Dru to take a seat, pulling the chair out for her as he did so.

Druella “Dru” Malfoy

Her chest hurt. It was a strange feeling, one that Dru knew wasn’t from any physical ailment, it was from an emotional one. It was from how hard her heart tensed when his hand smoothed over her hair, when he looked at her that way, whenever Hunter was there really. But especially now, not after whatever that close call was. Dru couldn’t pretend it was anything else anymore, she couldn’t pretend that she was just enjoying time with a friend, it was more than that and that hurt because it couldn’t be. Dru didn’t mind torturing herself but she didn’t want Hunter to end up hurt because of her. Dru looked up at him, her hand still on the last few free bits of her hair and gave him the warmest smile could manage.

It was a smile that fell for a moment in shock at what Hunter said. It felt like her heart was sharing space with her stomach. Then her lips spread into a soft smile, it wasn’t big but it was warm and soft and full of love. “Please, as if. Aren’t you like president of the dragon fan club? But yeah- you too.” It was all she could manage, if she said anything more she would be yanking him into a kiss, she would be telling him that dinner can wait twenty minutes and shutting the door, she would end up falling into something she couldn’t take back. Instead she just took his hand and followed him downstairs allowing herself that small point of contact.

Dru sat in the chair that Hunter had pulled out for her and gave him a thankful nod before letting out a laugh at Mollys scolding. “Is that really that shocking, I mean you do kind of suck.” Despite her words, the look she gave him was kind. “Thank you for inviting me to stay for dinner Mrs. Weasley, it smells amazing.”

As pathetic as it was, dinner with the Weasley family was on Dru’s short list of favorite memories. At least as far as family went. Loire, Larkyn and herself had good times, plenty of them, but every single one of those memories was tainted with the fact that most of them were because of a separate bad event. Like the time they all hid out in some random corner of the Gaunt mansion for the entire night and ate snacks they shouldn’t have and played cards, it was lovely, but it was because their parents had just finished a supreme argument with Larkyn. This wasn’t like that, it was just nice.

“It’s getting late, we should get back to the castle but thank you so much for your hospitality. It was lovely to meet you all, well to meet you officially and not in passing.” There was the diplomatic side of Dru, perfect posture and politeness of a carefully curated society woman. Dru bowed her head slightly and gave a small wave to them as her and Hunter headed out the front door.

“They’re lovely Hunter, you better not make your mom wait that long to see you again or I’ll find you and drag you back there myself.”

Delaney Wilson

So maybe it was pathetic how thrilled she was about one night out with her friend, her best friend other than Sapphira. Maybe it was pathetic how much she drank in an attempt to keep the night alive, to keep them from going back home. It was all pathetic. Delaney didn’t care, at least not after four ales. That Delaney was scared and wimpy and mild. Apparently all it took to get her to get over herself a bit was a few drinks. Lovely revelation.

“No need to apologize. Thank you for treating me, I’ll pay next time okay?” Delaney grinned over at him, the promise of next time causing the butterflies in her stomach to start fluttering. “Plus I think it’s probably better to not go back to the castle and risk any of the students seeing their herbology professor stumbling over her own two feet.” Though she supposed that wasn’t much different than how she was now. She was excited to go to his place, to see it again after what felt like forever. Sebastian could have gotten somewhere larger she was sure but he wasn’t showy, he was modest and his small flat allowed him to stay directly above his shop. Besides her own greenhouse, she could remember feeling quite cozy there.

“Bloody hell Seb, already have the headache?” Delaney giggled and hiccuped, her face a little flush from both the alcohol and the situation in general. On the top step she stumbled a bit before standing in the room and looking around. It was like she had remembered it, though a bit messy in his absence. Delaney followed him into the bedroom, face warming once again as he handed her the clothes. Her hands smoothed over the fabric slowly before she gave him a smile, “Tea sounds lovely.”

When Sebastian left the room to allow her to get dressed, Delaney looked around for a long few moments before stepping out of the outfit that was prepared for her and folding the clothes neatly to set aside for tomorrow. Then she pulled the shirt over her head, it smelled like him… like grass, lilac and whiskey in the strangest but greatest combination. Something stirred in Delaney, a confidence she didnt recognize… after the way Seb talked at the bar… after their day today. His shirt went to right above her knees, it was old and worn, a small hole right at the hem that she played with while she made her choice. After a long few minutes of going back and forth in her own head, Delaney left the sweatpants on the bed and opened the door.

Seb was standing with his back to her in the small kitchenette. For a moment Delaney lost her nerve and almost rushed back into the bedroom but she didn’t. She pushed all the doubt back, the guilt, it was outweighed right now. “You don’t have to sleep on the couch, I don’t want you to sleep on the couch.” She couldn’t move from where she leaned in the doorway, arms crossed over herself as her last bit of self defense against any sort of shut down from him. “Unless you didn’t want to- ah. You know what just ignore me I’m being so awkward and dumb.”

Cyrus

“One day you’ll learn not to let the Gaunt side show when playing this game love, it’s not always the most expensive things that are the best in life.” Cyrus laughed as he counted the colorful fake money, it was like this every time. “Of course you still won’t beat me but maybe one day you can wipe the floor with Larkyn.” Then the board went flying and Cyrus erupted with laughter, dropping the money to the floor as he held his hand to his stomach to try and calm down the fit. After a few moments he pulled out his own wand and flicked it, the board and all its contents returning to the box neatly before tucking itself back under the table.

Besides him Loire was moving to stand and he looked at her, worried for a moment, before smiling at her words. “Was this not a date already? I’m not complaining, I’d go on back to back dates with you any day babe.” Cyrus stood, straightening out his clothes and placing the blanket back on the back of the couch. When he looked back up to Loire he found someone else standing there. It took a moment before realizing why she had changed her hair and he gave her an understanding look. “Thank you, I promise not long okay? Just even if we can’t form the perfect solution let’s at least wait until he’s in less of a sour mood with Dru, shouldn’t kick a guy while he’s down and all that.”

It meant a lot that Loire was willing to work with him on this, he knew that was hard for her. A lot of her life was about her control being taken from her so she was a bit prickly when her ideas or wants are combated sometimes but all it takes is a bit of discussion to find a good balance. “You know, you’re going to spoil me with all these dates. Especially if you keep up with these disguises, going to make me feel like some sort of womanizer going out with all these different beautiful women.” Cyrus snickered and took her hand, swooping in to plant a sloppy kiss on her cheek before following after her. “Where we off too now my mystery woman?”

Larkyn Gaunt

Larkyn laid with his back against the large bed, staring at the ceiling as he listened to Sapphira. “Ravenclaw huh?” He snorted a bit, everyone always told him that he belonged in that house more than his own. “Didn’t think them the fling type, being all studious and such.” He joked with her, a small smile taking over his features. A lot of the things he had been worrying about all day had been pushed to the back of his mind and he was thankful for it, thankful to not feel like he was going crazy even if it was only for a little while. It had been hours since the two of them came back to his room and it wasn’t lost on Larkyn that no one else was home, which meant that Dru was still wherever she went with Hunter and that his sister was still off with Cyrus doing whatever they had lied about.

The stress started to encroach on his brain once more only to be slammed back to rest by Sapphiras next statement. His first thought was how bad he felt for her, the second was that now he understood why she understood him so well. It sounded like she was in love with the guy and got let down so badly, no matter the state of the relationship that shit hurts. Actually Larkyn felt kind of guilty now, whining constantly about Dru and this arranged marriage… at least he knew what he was getting into. “Because they’d take everything away, hell they might kill me. I like to think my mom would stop it but who knows.” He said it so simply, like discussing death threats from your parents was normal. “Best case scenario they use their influence to ruin my career and make me unhireable. Then they would cut off my access to Loire. Dru would end up in deep shit with her dad, even if it was me who backed out.” Larkyn tried his best to ignore how truly vile his parents could be but it was the truth of the situation.

Sapphira leaned against him, her head against his chest and without really thinking about it Larkyns arm went around her like it was the most natural thing in the world. His fingers found the curve of her waist and began tracing little comforting circles against her side. When she spoke up next a range of emotion moved through him, anger first at how wrong she was about him, then sadness, happiness and finally he landed on something new… something he couldn’t quite place. With his other hand he reached across to her chin, lifting it gently so he could look into her eyes for a moment despite their slightly awkward position. “The man who lied to you was an idiot and lost an amazing, gorgeous woman. He didn’t deserve you to begin with sounds like.” Larkyn wasn’t fully sure how he did it, it happened quickly, but he moved and rolled her over so that she was on her back with his arm under her neck… he was leaning on her side looking down at her with his hand now back at her chin. And then his lips pressed to hers.

Sapphira

There was so much left unsaid. To hear that his family would actually cut him off from his twin sister, that they would ruin the career he worked so hard to get, that they would possibly kill him! Her mind had been reeling from the severity of the situation. It made her heart ache so severely for him and she quickly understood why he'd go through with the marriage, and at the same time she wanted to steal him away from it all. It had caused her arm to tighten around him a little, to provide him even the smallest bit of comfort.

Everything from that point on happened so fast. The alcohol coursing through her drowned out her conscious, that this was a terrible idea, that this would only lead to heartbreak. This wasn't like the last time, this time she knew that he was engaged! But the comforting words, those little circles he made on her waist, how natural and good it felt to be against him talking about things they wouldn't share with anyone else... if the alcohol wasn't enough to suffocate her conscious for the night, then all of that was. The moment his lips landed on hers there was no denying how right they felt together. There was no going back.

"Mmm," Sapphira quietly whined as the bright sun peeking through the window shone in her eyes. Long lashes slowly blinked open a few times to find that she wasn't in her room. There was an arm around her waist that held her to a warm body, and as she turned around she came face to face with a sleeping Larkyn. The memories of their late night together flooded back into her mind and her face instantly went crimson. "L-Larkyn?" Quickly she sat up and found that she was in nothing but his auror cloak and that Larkyn was in nothing but, well, nothing. Oh, gods. Sapphira was a terrible, horrible friend. Not just for what they did but, for the fact that it was the best night of her whole entire life.

Without missing a beat she was bouncing out of the bed to gather her scattered clothes. Surely Dru and Hunter were home, surely everyone was home by now! What time was it? "Oh no, oh no oh no." Her heart was pounding out of her chest as she stripped herself of the cloak and threw on the clothes, her dress on inside out she was so damn frazzled. Larkyn would regret everything, right? This was such a terrible, horrible idea. Sebastian part two, only this time it was with the guy she was ridiculously in love with! "Larkyn I-um, can you go out and make sure the coast is clear? I think the last thing we need right now is Dru seeing me leaving your room. I am so so sorry about this, I hope you can forgive me."

Sapphira flashed him an almost sad smile. "If you want I can keep my distance for a while? We, um, can call off flight lessons, pretend that this never happened?" Quietly she trailed off, her tear stained eyes looking at the door. Had she just ruined everything between them?

Last edited:
Loire Gaunt

The night had been so... perfect? Was there such a thing? One where her family and the uncontrollable future didn't weigh heavily on her shoulders. A night where they got to be a couple on a dinner date. Loire had been in such a good mood even after her epic loss she even ordered a drink, which in turn led to her ordering three more. The girl never drank. She was a giggling mess at the end of the date and was in no way shape or form ready to go back and see her brother. They got the last room left in the inn, which of course happened to have only one bed.

"You ready?" As Loire finished with her hair she looked over at Cyrus, her expression flat affect per usual. Back to business despite their amazing, near sleepless night. Honestly part of her wished to steal him away, take him far from this place and start anew with different names. But they had Larkyn and Potter, so as of now that wasn't an option.

Larkyn. The name alone made her want to vomit. There was no regretting anything between her and Cyrus at all, yesterday had been the best day of her miserable existence, but the thought of going back to pretending like things were normal? It made her chest hurt and caused her endless anxiety that she tried so desperately to hide. It was enough to wake her an hour early just to go get them some new clothes. If Larkyn was there when they went back home and seen them in the same clothes from yesterday? He'd put two and two together real quick.

All Loire could find for herself was black tight fitting slacks and a satin black and white checkered button up. Her nearly white hair was neatly braided that fell down her back and ended at her waist, tied at the end in a shiny black ribbon. Even with the trained stoic expression on her face there was a glow to her that was nearly impossible to hide, even her irritable mood felt lighter than normal. She just hoped Larkyn would be busy today and didn't notice the visibly good mood either of them were in. "Maybe you can hang out with Larkyn today? Do whatever you boys do best. Go race some brooms, make a snowman. Something." She moved across the room to Cyrus, her fingers lacing together with his. For a brief moment a small, sad smile took over her lips. "Let's go before I change my mind and kidnap you."

Without missing a beat they were swallowed by a swirl of magic to apparate them into the middle of their common room.

S. Longbottom

Between Delaney's words and the lovely sight of her in his favorite shirt was enough for Seb to let go of everything for the night. Suffice it to say he did not stay on the couch and he made sure to give her a very, very memorable night. Seb was an experienced lover who was normally gentle and attentive. With Delaney, however, he felt like this was a completely new experience. There was so much desire, love and need into every minute of their night. Finally he felt like he could be honest to the both of them about their feelings, and although he didn't express it quite with words he was sure that his unbridled passion spoke more than any words could.

At the end of the night he engulfed her into his warm, strong arms and whispered a sweet I love you before he fell into the best slumber of his life.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." As much as he would of loved, loved, LOVED to stay in bed with her and snuggle her all day, they had a long night and he was sure that she'd need some coffee in the morning, along with some breakfast. Thankfully Seb was a damn good cook and made a mean cup of coffee, hence why he snuck out of bed while she was still asleep to make them a nice breakfast. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, fresh fruit, oatmeal, hell he wasn't quite sure what she was hungry for so he made it all. On the tray there was a bright yellow flower he had plucked from his garden in a small glass, orange juice, and steaming coffee. If plants didn't pan out well for his future then he could always open a pub.

Truthfully Seb wasn't ready to go back to Hogwarts, hence why he wasn't dressed yet. He wore a simple black tee that hugged his toned torso and navy blue basket ball shorts, his dark locks wild and unkempt, not a drop of gel in it quite yet. Of course he could be ready in a matter of minutes, but part of him feared that as soon as they left the flat that Delaney would change her mind. As a gentleman he'd respect any wishes she had, but the thought of going back to what they were... a knot tightened in his stomach as he realized that wasn't a future he wanted. Not after last night, it'd devastate him.

"Sleep well?" The man was practically glowing as he hummed the words, gently placing the tray on the bed so the two of them could have breakfast together and taking a seat on the bed. "You look even more beautiful in the mornings, I didn't think that was possible." A coy smirk spread across his features before he took a drink of his hot coffee.

Weasley.

They had gotten home after the sun had set. Everyone else seemed to have tucked in for the night and it allowed him to sincerely bid her a goodnight; something that Larkyn should of stayed up to do, to make sure she got home safe and sound. Hunter hugged pulled her to him by the small of her back, held her to him as his free hand caressed her hair, savoring every precious second with her. Then his soft lips met her forehead for a long, heartbreaking moment. His Adam’s Apple bobbed as he fought back the overwhelming emotions, and before he could cry he wished her a goodnight and retreated back to his room.

When was the last time he had cried? The night had gone over so well and, yet, Hunter found himself up late in his room adjacent to Larkyn's mourning the future that never would be, that never could be. A life of travel, of exotic beasts, of smiles, laughs, of Dru. There was no remedy for the cracking feeling he had in his chest. It was ridiculous how hard he had fell for some girl-- no, no he couldn't even call her that, lumping her into the category every single woman in the world fell into was fucked and wrong. Dru was the rarest of creatures. Elegant, fierce, stunning, she was like no one he had ever met and in a few months she had completely stolen his fucking heart. She occupied his every waking thought and was in every single one of his wishes for the future.

A future that he couldn't let himself dwell on for long. Hunter was cursed, he'd kill himself before he ever darkened her future like that. But, Merlin dammit he wanted to see her shine and thrive. Larkyn, the Malfoys, the fucking Gaunts, they all loomed over her like an ominous cloud and darkened her radiance. She wanted to be so much more than any of them would ever let her be. By the time the sun peeked over the hills to the east he had cemented in what he would do with his short time here.

He was going to get Dru out of this mess so she could be free to pursue her dreams. How? He didn't know, but he'd figure it out. He'd help her see that she was capable of so much more than those crippling pure blooded boundaries set for her. That lovely, warm smile of hers, her hypnotic voice, that would be the only thing he'd take from this when he left. The only bit of joy he'd hold close to his heart when he went back into hiding.

"If Larkyn still hasn't guessed that you two are a thing he's an idiot and a downright shit Auror." Charming as ever. Hunter couldn't help but smirk as he instantly heckled the pair that apparated into the middle of the room. There was a glow to the both of them, and the way they looked at each other made his chest tighten. Instantly he looked towards Dru's room, noting how that was how he looked at her. "I don't know where you two have been all night but, gross. Quit making eyes at each other before I lose my breakfast." Not that he had breakfast yet, he had just rolled out of bed and sauntered to their kitchenette to make some coffee. His red hair was completely disheveled still and he was still in his ridiculous checkered pajamas.

Quietly he poured two cups of coffee, assuming that Dru would need a cup when she woke up. Without so much as another word he moved over to her room and gave a knock, knock, knock knock, knock. "You're sleeping the day away in there Slytherin." A small smirk spread on his face, hoping that his taunting would lure her out.

Larkyn Gaunt

For the first time in what felt like his entire life, Larkyn let himself go. Let himself do something he wanted to do just because he wanted it. There was no calculation or thought of any consequences, Larkyn wanted to spend the night with Sapphira, so he did. And it was an amazing night, Larkyn hadn’t known what this was like, being with a woman he actually had romantic interest in… spending time with her in general was all sorts of new to him. It gave him a lot to think about and despite their long evening of drinking, he stayed awake with her in his arms for a long while before finally falling victim to sleep.

In the morning he woke to Sapphira scrambling around his room, panicking about the events of the night prior. Larkyn just sat up in the bed and watched her with an amused look on his face. His arms were up above his head and his hands acted as a pillow between him and his headboard. “Sapphira breathe.” He chuckled as he watched her get dressed but then she looked at him with that sad smile and his face dropped. The lanky male stepped out of the bed, pulling on his boxers before walking over to her and holding her face in his hands. “I don’t want that. Okay? Unless you do… I- last night was amazing and not just because of, well you know.” A grin flashed across his pale features and he pressed a kiss to her forehead. “I’ve loved all the time we’ve been spending together, for the first time in a long time I don’t feel like everything is on fire and in danger of crumbling around me.”

“I don’t know how but I want to find a way for this to be more than a one night stand. I just- I don’t know how to do that without ruining a lot of shit. I hope you’ll be patient with me?” Larkyn flashed her another grin before kissing her wildly. There was a part of him that was now unhinged, not the normal calm cool and collected Larkyn that everyone was expecting. It excited him. It made him feel alive and he wasn’t willing to let it go. “Just- stay here okay? I’ll go check and let you know if the coast is clear.” He brushed over her hair and moved to toss on some clothes, brushing out his nearly white hair quickly before heading to open the door.

Outside in their small living area he could hear talking, Larkyn glanced back at Sapphira to make sure she was out of sight before slipping through a barely opened door and out into the room. “And where the hell were you two all night?” It came out of his mouth before his brain even processed it. Like he said, the calm was done. “Surely not in the library.” He eyed his sister and Cyrus standing there in the middle of the room. Loire looked at him like he was crazy which only made him more annoyed. “I went to help. As you offered but we couldn’t find either of you in the library at all.”

A little down the hall he heard Hunter knocking on Drus door and let out a scoff. “And heaven knows where in the hell you two ran off to.” All of these people in his life that he thought were his best friends were hiding shit from him. Meanwhile Sapphira bared her soul to him last night, told her some things that were very vulnerable and open. Dru had been basically missing for months now, Cyrus and Loire had all but forgotten about him completely. Seb and Delaney even seemed to be off doing their own thing without Sapphira. No wonder the two of them had come together and found comfort in each other. They were the fucking leftovers.

Druella “Dru” Malfoy

Dru could remember reading somewhere that it took women an average of 106 days to say they had fallen in love, men took 68. It was something she had learned when she was searching for why her and Larkyn weren’t in love, not like she thought love was. She had always told herself that she was okay with that, with not having a love like it was explained in her novels or from other people. She had someone who took care of her and loved her like family, it was better than a lot of people in her position got. But then she met Hunter and she fell in love for real. The type of love that made her breath escape her when she looked at him, made her heart scream in her throat and made her want to give up everything just to be with him. Meeting his family only made it all worse. Now she felt like she was letting them down too, like they could tell something was between them and hoped for their son but… Dru was terrible.

That night Dru laid in her bed and cried, mourning a life she never even knew that she wanted. At some point Jade came to join her, tucking in to the woman and resting which was rare for the small creature. Eventually she fell asleep, though she couldn’t even begin to say when that was.

The next morning she woke to the sound of a small knock at her door, it was followed by Hunters voice. Dru sat up, pushed back some of her hair and reached to pet Jade only she wasn’t there anymore. “Brat.” She groaned, rolling out of the bed and opening her closet to quickly get changed. She wore a black pencil skirt that went to her knees, a black sweater with her family crest embroidered on the chests… her fingers lingered on the stitching for a moment before she dropped her hand with a sign and moved to put her hair in a bun and put on her jewelry. Only when went for her ring, it wasn’t on her jewelry tray.

Jade.

A small noise near her door made Dru turn to see the niffler, climbing up her cabinets and lounging on the top, ring in hand. “You little!” Ugh. Dru let out a string of swear words before moving to the door and throwing it open. “Know any tricks for skinning a niffler? I know one who needs a good scare.” She turned and eyed the creature at the top of her wardrobe, far above Drus reach, who stared down at her with a look that seemed amused. This was the typical cat and mouse routine between the two of them, her engagement ring seemed to be one of Jades favorite toys. “I expect that back you little brat, you already have my tennis bracelet heaven knows where.” Just a squeak in response. “Merlin. Thank you.” She reached out and took the coffee, looking up at him for the first time since she opened the door. Her chest tightened, this was awful. She was sure her eyes were still red and puffy from the night prior, she was sure she looked like a mess despite the slightly well put together outfit. Most of all she was sure he noticed, Hunter saw her and not just at face value like most… he SAW her. “Hunter I-“ Dru opened her mouth to speak, to say something about how he should give up on being her friend, how he should save himself now… but she was cut off as she heard the small commotion begin down the hall.

Larkyn was acting like an ass. Whatever. So be it. But then he decided to make this a group conversation and something in her snapped. “Maybe they’re avoiding you because you’ve been acting like an ass! Acting like we all have to cater to you and include you on everything despite shutting us down when we do! Oh Larkyns so busy, so important, has to always be the protector and the one calling all the shots. Fuck yourself.” It burst from her like venom. Thoughts and feelings she didn’t really know she held in but they were making their way up through the woodwork. “You’re so self important that you’ve been absolutely BLIND to the fact that they’ve been pining after one another for YEARS? No one has ever asked you to be whatever this role you’ve taken on is, this over zealous protector. All we ever wanted was our friend, the one that we all came together and decided to make our way through our shitty lives together. And you went and made yourself a martyr. Boo fucking hoo.”

“I’m going out. Is that okay dad?” Dru sneered at Larkyn as she said it and closed her door behind her, drinking her coffee in two big drinks before dropping the cup on a random table and storming past everyone, ensuring she shouldered Larkyn on the way. “And since you’re throwing out questions, demanding answers… what about you Larkyn? Where have you been? Multiple nights.” Dru swallowed the sadness welling up in her throat and made her way from the staff wing, she didn’t know where she was going but she was tired of all of this.

Delaney Wilson

Delaney had partners in the past, has been on dates and such in her adult life. But nothing compared to the night she had with Sebastian, from beginning to end she felt like she was walking on clouds. Even just their day together, something simple like shopping and getting drinks was absolutely amazing. Then to top it off with how they ended their night? It was hard for her to believe that she wasn’t just dreaming it all. Sebastian told her that he loved her, and not like normal, no this was different. He had said it so softly and then fallen asleep, Delaney said it back but honestly she wasn’t sure he heard her before she fell asleep too.

Delaney woke the next morning, cold from the lack of his arms around her, but she didn’t care. She felt like she was emitting sunlight, her body felt awake and glowing despite being somewhat sore. “Good morning.” She smiled and pushed herself up on the bed, pulling the covers with her chest. Her eyes took in the tray of food before moving over him, he was dressed now but he was grinning at her madly and making her suddenly feel very exposed. “I did.” Her face bloomed with heat at his question, only worsening at his compliment. “Oh come on, I’m sure my hair is a mess.” Delaney tried to laugh it off but his face was so serious it made her look away with a bashful smile.

Was this real? Delaney needed someone to fucking pinch her because there was no way this was real. “Did you uhm- sleep well?” There was another piece to that question that she hoped he picked up on. Did he regret anything? Was this a mistake to him? It would crush her if it was… it would make all that doubt and warning from Gran come crashing down to reality and prove Delaney was indeed not enough for him. She turned in on herself a bit at the thought, pulling the covers up higher and letting her hair fall in a bit of a veil as she reached forward for some juice. “You uh-“ Merlin, all the confidence from last night was slashed with her sobriety and she hated it, she hated how insecure she felt now. They had been together just hours ago! She should feel more secure in what had happened but there was this ever persistent, nagging fear in her mind that always told her she would never be enough for this bright shining man sharing the bed with her. That he was this unattainable man who would never actually want her. “You said something last night that I’m not sure if you remember, we were drinking, I really wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t but- I just wondered if you remember it? If you remember what I said?”

Delaney looked up to him again finally, her face smiling but she knew there had to be a hint of worry there as well. Seb had told her that he loved her and just the memory if it, the soft whisper in her ear when he held her close… it was enough to make her want to faint right here. If he didn’t remember it, if he didn’t mean it…

Cyrus

“No.” Cyrus grinned at Loire, smoothing a hand through his messy hair as he answered honestly. He wasn’t ready, they needed to get back but that didn’t mean he was thrilled to do so. Their night had been so perfect, it was an escape from the shit show of reality. “But we have to. And that would probably be a good idea, maybe we can go flying or something. I know Larkyn has auror shit to do or whatever but maybe he’ll be down.” Cyrus laced his fingers through Loires and off they were back to the castle.

Straight to bullshit.

They hadn’t even been standing there five minutes before Larkyn came slamming out of his room and instantly interrogating them. “Larkyn what the fuck?” It just sputtered from Cyrus without a thought, he wasn’t used to this sort of attitude from his best friend. Whatever was going on with him was not good, it was turning him into an angry person. Cyrus recognized that maybe his disappearance and recent avoidance were partially to blame but it didn’t mean he should act like this. Especially not to Loire. “We changed our mind dude, it’s not that fucking serious.”

Then Larkyn turned on Hunter and Cyrus gave Loire a worried look. He hadn’t wanted to be open with him about them right now but maybe she was right, if he was going to fling off the handle like this they should probably tell him sooner rather than later. Though right now wasn’t the time, he needed to chill the fuck out first. Cyrus would find a way to hang out with Larkyn and talk to him about this. However then Dru joined the party and Cyrus braced for impact.

Dru ripped Larkyn apart, in a way that for once Cyrus didn’t feel the need to step in and defend his friend because Dru was right. Their fights had often been petty and stupid but this time he had no notes. He looked over at Loire again, a nervous look in his eyes… Larkyn being the protector was a role he put on because of his family and Cyrus knew that but outside of that home he used to be real with his friends, relaxed. Cyrus hadn’t been around for a while but hearing what he had from the girls sounded like this overbearing attitude was a problem longer than just the last few weeks. Then Dru dropped a bomb that made Cyrus sputter and glare at her.

“Thanks for that Dru, really thanks.” Cyrus growled and looked between Loire and her brother before making the decision to reach over and lace his fingers through hers. Dru spat a few more verbal punches at Larkyn before storming out and for a moment it was silent. When Cyrus turned his attention back to Larkyn he tried his best to sound soft and not defensive but he wasn’t sure he actually accomplished that. “I- We, Larkyn I love Loire. No, you know I love her… I’m in love with her. She wanted to tell you the minute we finally expressed it to one another but I wanted to find a better way to tell you… I didn’t want it to happen like this.”

Sapphira

There was so much about this that didn't sit right with her. Larkyn loved Dru, not in a romantic way but he did love her. Didn't he feel some type of guilt over what they had done? Dru and Sapphira could barely be considered friends, yet it was clear this bothered her far more than it did. "Larkyn, I-" Of course she didn't want to stop spending time with him. They got along so well, he was thoughtful, smart, adventurous, she loved everything about him. He was also engaged, and she had already been down that path. It led to nothing but pain for both parties and yet his sweet words, those warm, comforting hands, it was enough to physically relax her.

The kiss on her forehead helped her a deep inhale, hold it in, and release. "I don't want it to end, either," Sapphira admitted, a small smile tugging at her pretty lips as she gazed up at him. She still had her family in the states lingering in the back of her head, Druella, and what Delaney would say. However, all of those worries washed away as his lips met hers for a wild, passionate kiss that she returned in earnest. It made her knees jello, caused her to have to lean against the wooden bed post once he pulled from her. Gods above this man was going to be the death of her. Her hand went to her chest in attempts to will her heart to calm down, completely in a daze as he made his way out of the door. They'd figure a way to make this work.

Obviously there would be no leaving through the door. Quick, think Saph. Her eyes scanned the room and instantly landed on the broom tucked in the corner. Flying without Larkyn? She'd surely fall to her death. Death sounded better than explaining this shit to everyone though. Quickly she snatched up the broom, lifted the window, and managed to climb onto the roof without falling and breaking her neck. Slowly and very, very carefully she made her way one, two, and finally three windows down to her room, her knuckles white as she held on tightly to the broom.

Oh, she was going to have to tell Larkyn about this later. Once her feet were on the ground she scrambled to freshen up into a tight fitting maroon dress, matching heels, and combed through her beach waves. Presentable. There, no one would be the wiser! With a sigh of relief she exited her room just in time to hear Dru ask Larkyn where had he been for multiple nights. Sapphs face went pale. The guilt slammed into her like a brick to the face, hard enough to where she took a step back to brace herself against the doorway. Dru didn't stay for the answer.

And then there was Cyrus and Loire. Gods dammit, Larkyn was already in a bad place right now and he didn't need this thrown at him! "Guys can we all take a breath for a minute? You all love each other like crazy. Maybe we sit down so we can talk. Please?" Saph shone a small smile towards the remaining three, taking a couple steps closer so she could stand by Larkyn's side. He just felt lonely and missed his sister and friends and there was nothing wrong with that, but she didn't want them to say something he could regret. Most of all she wanted to make sure he didn't feel entirely alone in this shitty situation.

Loire Gaunt

All Loire could do was stand there wide eyed as Larkyn addressed them. Had he lost his mind? He actually went looking for them in the library? Even as students the man barely stepped foot in there, and she was damned sure he hadn't been in there since this mentorship started. But there was something he had said. We. "I'm sorry, 'WE couldn't find you'? Let me guess, your new little red headed pet pressured you into coming to find us? Because I know damned well that you didn't go of your own accord." Every fucking defensive wall Loire had SLAMMED up, her words nearly a growl as her eyes narrowed. No fucking way was he going to use that tone with her, or Cyrus.

What Dru said physically made her tense. Had it been that obvious all these years that she was head over heels for Cyrus? Wait, no that wasn't the thing that struck a chord with her. She was right, so so right. Larkyn was constantly acting like the boss of them, ordering them around, acting like just because he was Larkyn Gaunt the Auror he knew best. He always, always disregarded Loire and Dru as almost lesser wizards because they were women, when in reality she knew both of them could out duel or out wit him. She was tired of being disregarded. Who could blame Dru for being fed up with him? This wasn't her brother, this was some angry creature her family had created.

Oh, Cyrus. Her heart threatened to burst from her chest as he held her hand and spoke candidly to Larkyn. It was enough to make her want to pull him in for a kiss right then and there. Thankfully she refrained and gave his a small encouraging squeeze instead, her blue eyes fixated on her brother as if to gauge a reaction. It wasn't good. Subtle facial features ticked, her twin instincts roared with the fire that he was about to breathe, and her whole body went into fight or flight mode.

"Larkyn, I-- I love him." The words were barely louder than a whisper, terrified that someone would hear her as she took a step in front of Cyrus to protect him from the storm that would soon hit. Hell, she was still scared to let Cyrus hear those words! Not because she didn't love him, but... she didn't know why, really. Perhaps the consequences of anyone finding out scared her. Crucio was one thing, honestly it was her parents love language. A pure blooded female losing her innocence to someone other than her betrothed? The repercussions were dire. She'd be lucky to be able to walk away with her life or sanity intact, and Larkyn wasn't an idiot. He'd put two and two together.

This was her admitting her feelings to her twin, the person she was born into this world with, the person who should always have her back. He just also happened to be the next in line for the Gaunt Lordship. Perhaps that was why was she so scared, why her whole entire body began to tremble. Tears were welling in her eyes as she felt the world caving in on her. "You wanted me to find real love, and I did." Sapph appeared out of the blue and stood by Larkyn's side, and suddenly her fear and sadness turned into rage. "Learn your place girl or I'll help you find it real quick. This is not your fight." If looks could kill she would've dropped the red head right there.

Weasley.

As soon as the door opened he wanted to poke fun at the language, however he bit his tongue at the puffy eyes, the obvious signs of crying. Had something happened last night after he went to his room? They had a lovely time with his parents, or at least he thought they had. His throat tightened. Maybe he had misread the signals? Her outfit looked lovely yet she looked like she had only slept for an hour or so. This wasn't the time or place to address it, least of all when Larkyn started to run his mouth.

Hunter knew when he wasn't invited to an argument, and truthfully this seemed like something Dru needed to get off of her chest. Quietly he slipped inside the room to deal with the niffler problem. "A precious little niffler pulled those words from such a classy lady? I'm shocked." A wide smirk took hold of Hunter's expression for a moment, his eyes moving to find Jade on the cabinet holding a ring. "Now what do you have there? Oh, come here you sweet little thing." With a small chuckle his hand reaching into his pocket to pull out a shiny gold and diamond pocket watch. A gift from a client, one that he always carried but hardly used. "Here. Trade?" Hunter extended his arm and held out his hand so Jade could move to sniff the watch. She put down the ring, plucked up the watch with both hands, and tilted it around as if she was inspecting it. Hunter simply stood there patiently and watched the creature, amusement written all over his face. He was living for this; not just a small creature driving Dru crazy, but hearing her tell Larkyn's punk ass off.

After a thorough inspection of the watch it seemed as if Jade approved. She deposited the ring into his hand before, surprisingly, squeaking and crawling into his hand to sit down. "Well aren't you adorable?" Hunter moved his hand to his chest, plucking the ring from it. "We'll work on that tennis bracelet later, yeah?" With a small chuckle he scratched the top of Jade's head, his warm hand cradling the creature in his hand and earning a small squeak of approval.

It seemed like Dru was done yelling at Larkyn, poor sod deserved a far worse scolding, so Hunter cradled Jade and moved out of the room and into the tense common room. "Well now, it seems like Dru said what's been on everyone's mind." His voice was cool yet slightly amused as Dru stormed out of the staff ward. He was pissed, completely and utterly. Larkyn was by all definitions a chauvinistic hypocrite-- how dare he chastise Dru for going out with a friend ONE night when Larkyn spent literally every single night chasing after some stranger. He supposed they spent more than one night together but, it was mainly because Larkyn didn't give her the time of day even when she was around. "Here big shot. Keep it warm for her." Hunter shot Larkyn a condescending wink before flicking the ring towards him. Another approving squeak from Jade as she nibbled on the watch.

Without another word he was jogging out the door, making sure to shoulder Larkyn on his way out. The fucker deserved far worse, but he'd leave it at that. "Dru!" His hand moved to offer Jade the breast pocket of his flannel plaid pajamas, the small creature scurrying inside as if she understood. "Hey- Hey wait for me, yeah?" Once Jade was safe he was able to move his legs faster to catch up to her, surprised at how far she had made it in such a short time. "Sometimes I forget you were an athlete." Hunter gave a playful chuckle as he caught up to her, trying his best to lighten the mood. A goal that he knew was impossible at this point.

"He's an ass." The words flew from his mouth before he could catch them. Did he even want to catch them at this point? Not really, but he knew this was painful for Dru so he was trying to be as supportive as he could. "I'm sorry." It wasn't his place to apologize for Larkyn, he wasn't even friends with the man. He was sorry for how much pain she was going through. "Do you want to go do something?" A random question, especially considering the man was still in his pajamas. He was even earning a few looks from students, a couple Gryffindor girls giggling quietly as they looked him over in passing. "They're still serving breakfast. Or we can go shopping for a new present for your little friend, see if she'll give your bracelet back?" Hunter would literally do anything to help Dru feel better. "Do you want to talk?" Maybe she just needed to vent, and if she did he'd be there.

S. Longbottom

Observant eyes studied Delaney with the warmest smile on his face. He thought to smack himself to see if this was a dream, but if it was? He didn't want to wake up. So he refrained and simply appreciated the beauty that was her first thing in the morning; wild, gorgeous locks and all. They casually ate some of the spread that he had brought, Sebastian's mind the most calm it had ever been as he listened to her. There was an implication in her words as she spoke. Had she been wondering if he regretted anything? The thought alone made his heart ache. "It was the best night of sleep of my life, Delaney." He watched as she pulled the blankets higher and the ache in his chest became a crack. No, he wasn't going to let her close in like this. They had such a beautiful time together, it was a dream fucking come true and he didn't want to turn back now.

Seb quietly sipped on his coffee as she spoke up once more, quietly listening to her. Once again she was a bundle of nerves and it was all he could do to stop himself from pulling her into a kiss, to prove that he regretted nothing. He stilled himself though, listening to her full question. "Of course I remember." As she looked up at him, worry etched into her face, his smile fell. He was sure he looked rather seriously, rightfully so. "Delaney, you're the only one I've ever told I love you." Gently he reached across the bed to tuck some hair behind her ear, his index finger caressing her cheek as it slid down to her chin, making sure she didn't look away from him. "You're the only one I will ever say that to. I know I have a bit of a reputation, but you're the only woman in my heart. That, I can assure you of."

It was then a smile crept back onto his face. "Would it help if I scream it from the rooftop of Hogwarts? I could even change the name of the shop. I love Delaney. It actually has a lovely ring to it. I'll contact my sign guy in the morning." The smile became slightly playful as he teased her, his tall form leaning across the breakfast to press his lips against hers.

"It's snowing," He spoke again as he pulled from her lips, pulling back the heavy dark curtain to reveal the thick layer of snow that was coating the ground. The snow didn't appear to be stopping anytime soon. "My greenhouse will be tended to by the workers, and I'd hate to take away their job from them. Would you like to spend the day in your greenhouse at Hogwarts? I haven't checked on that sprout we planted quite yet and I'd love to see how it's progressed. Unless of course you'd like to spend all day in bed. I'd be more than happy to make that happen." Always a playful tease. Poor Delaney, she'd always have her hands full with her trouble making Sebastian.

Druella “Dru” Malfoy

Dru couldn’t think, she couldn’t even hear behind the roaring in her head. The only thing on her mind was how angry she was, how sad she was… how had life gotten so broken in just a few months? Had they all been suffering silently without realizing it? Did this stupid job make her and everyone else realize how miserable they really were? Maybe it had been naive to think that the way things were going would be fine, that being friends was enough to keep up the facade of a good relationship and marriage. If they could just suck it up and do this then things would be okay for their siblings, for their families, for them. At this point Dru and Larkyn had been in this agreement for who knows how many years. If this situation could unravel all that work and planning, maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to begin with!

Behind her Dru heard someone yelling, the anger in her thrumming too loudly for her to really hear them. She turned, ready to strike venom at whoever it was only to be met with Hunter chasing her down. “Why- you’re in your pajamas.” The question had meant to start out with why does he torture himself with caring about her, but the view of him in his literal pajamas caught her so off guard she stopped and stared. After a moment a genuine smile cracked on her cold face and she nearly laughed. Jade poked her head out from his pocket and Drus eyes went wide, “She doesn’t like men.” Clearly that wasn’t true, because there the small creature was… head poking out of the pocket that her chubby body stretched the seams of.

Hunter was asking if she wanted to do something, get food or whatever… he was completely ignoring the looks and laughs he was getting. Dru wished she could be that way, that confident to not react to that sort of attention. “What with that comment on me being an athlete I’m surprised you didn’t want to go for a round.” She smirked and crossed her arms as she looked at him, considering. “Fine. Let’s go get some food, but you need to change… no way I get seen in public with a Weasley in pajamas, the latter is worse enough. And I don’t know if you want to keep your stow away or not, but if you do beware that she tends to bite. Takes after her mother.”

Dru turned and thought about waiting, then thought about going back with him to change and the anger bubbled up again at the thought of even seeing her idiot fiancé. “On second thought, come on Weasley. If you don’t care about being seen in your current attire… neither do I.” Another small smile graced her face as she looked at him, holding out her arm to suggest he take her arm. “But despite your appearance I do expect you to still be a gentleman yes?” M

Delaney Wilson

The only one…? It was like for a few moments her brain couldn’t comprehend that statement. It seemed so obviously incorrect but it wasn’t like Seb ever lied to her. Delaney looked up at him as his hand moved a piece of hair behind her ear, her face going beat red. “Sebastian Longbottom, you are too much sometimes.” Her heart felt as if it could beat out of her chest. His hand moved to her chin and he held her gaze with his own steady one. If she had felt ready to die, she was pretty sure she had died now. This had to be some sort of heaven, though at the same time it also felt like torture. Delaney couldn’t form words and Seb took that as a sign to continue. “N-no no that’s okay! I believe you! Okay!” Her face had to be the same temperature of the fucking sun.

Then he kissed her and Delaney melted. It was short but it was enough to cause her to watch him as he moved to the window with eyes heavy with admiration. She wrapped the blanket around her tightly, moving off the edge of the bed and joining him at the window to look out at the snow. Next to her he spoke again, ending with a teasing remark that made Delaney swallow down the lump in her throat. “Don’t tempt me.” It was only a few simple words but Delaney was sure it got the point across. “I would very much like that, but we’re already running late for the day…” She held the blanket with one hand before reaching out with the other to push back some of his messy hair from his face. “I love you too Sebastian. I don’t know if you heard me last night but even so. I’d say it a million more times. So no screaming from the rooftop okay? Maybe we just settle for telling me often as well?” She planted a soft kiss on his lips, nervousness shaking through her as she did.

After a few moments Delaney pulled away to go find her clothes from the day prior and get dressed. Returning in the same clothes was sure to get some comments from the others, especially Sapphira, but it wasn’t like she really had a choice. After she was dressed, Delaney picked up the T shirt she had borrowed the night prior, “Also I’m stealing this, you can have it back when it no longer smells like you. Then I’ll steal it again.”

Larkyn Gaunt

Something switched in Larkyn, he would admit that he was maybe overly moody before but now he was so angry he could see red. His body stiffened with rage and his hands shook at what Dru had said to him. “You seem to forget that everyone’s well being lives on MY MISERY Dru, my job, your job, any hope of Loire getting out of that marriage that I’ve been yelling at my father about for months, any hope of Draco having a semi normal adult life. It all lies on US being miserable! So excuse me if I act a little on edge.” He growled, watching her as she stormed across the room. How did they become this? He and Dru were partners in crime, over the years the two of them had become as close as he and Cyrus were. They were each others rock. Now they were yelling across the room at one another and shooting glares that could kill. Then on her way out she said one last thing that made his mind falter for a moment… his eyes moved to Sapphira who had come out of the door to her own room. It made his eyes widen in slight surprise before his attention was snapped back to Cyrus and his sister.

“What?” Larkyn said it so coldly, he was positive that he couldn’t have heard them correctly. There was no way. “You love her?” The words came out in a sneer. The idea of them being together brought up a storm of emotions, a year or two ago this wouldn’t have been the worst thing that he had heard. But now? It angered him to high hell. This engagement with Loire came up because Larkyn couldn’t land the final blow of convincing his parents otherwise… they didn’t understand why he was so adamant about Loire being allowed to chose who she wanted when she had never expressed an interest. Then there was the fact that they hid it from him, two of the closest people on the planet didn’t trust him enough to share this with him and that fucking HURT. His TWIN. Loire stepped in front of Cyrus to defend him just as Sapphira stepped up to Larkyn to defend him. It was an act that made his heart swell. Until his twin opened her mouth.

“Don’t you dare talk to her like that, she’s the only one who’s bothered to even be around me for weeks now. Drus allowed to run off with that mutt and make new friends but Sapphira is just a stranger? That doesn’t seem fair does it.” Just as he spoke Hunter walked by and tossed Drus ring at him with a cocky remark. It took every muscle in him to not launch right then. He spun the ring around for a moment before making a decision and tossing it who fucking knows where. Then his eyes landed on Cyrus again behind his sister.

Larkyn didn’t know exactly what in him snapped but it felt like every piece of him was in agony as he jumped at his best friend, pushing Loire to the side as he tackled the man and threw a punch right into his jaw.

Cyrus

“Y-you do?” Cyrus breathed the words softly behind Loire. He had felt it from her, he hadn’t doubted it but hearing it was something else entirely. Hearing her say that she loved him was something else entirely, something that he didn’t think would mean as much as it really did. Cyrus wanted to sweep her into a crushing hug right then and there but figured now wasn’t the best time to do so. Instead his hand only reached and squeezed her shoulder from behind as Loire moved in front of him between her brother and himself. Cyrus knew better than to try and stop her from protecting him, this was between the three of them and Loire and Larkyn had their own battle as well. They were the siblings, whatever happened during this conversation would be for them… Cyrus would find time talk to his friend privately.

Larkyn began speaking and Cyrus felt a little piece of him crack from the guilt. “No one asked that Larkyn, you deserve to be happy like everyone else. If you don’t want this we just have to figure it out together… you never expressed this much issue with your engagement before so we just thought you and Dru were content. This is all new to us dude.” Sapphira stepped to his side and Cyrus flinched preparing for what Loire would say. And she acted as predicted… as did her twin. It was almost comical in moments like this, looking between the two of them and seeing the similarities.

Then Hunter had to just add to the fire and Larkyn snapped back with words that made Cyrus stiffen. His eyes went dark as he stared at his friend. “Careful Lark, start using words like that and soon you’ll be using your parents favorite slur. Or do you forget what they liked to call me? Anyone like me?” Hunter was even a pure blood and he had still gotten an insult like that from Larkyn. It was so close to mudblood that Cyrus was trying to push down the rage that toiled in his core.

Until Larkyn was on top of him. Then Cyrus decided all bets were off. The punch came to his jaw but he barely even felt it, he grabbed his auror friend by the shoulders and shoved him to the side, rolling so he was on top of him with one knee pressing Larkyn down to the floor. He landed his own matching punch before grabbing Larkyns arms and pinning them to his chest. “What is WRONG with you? Get it together, everyone has their shit dude! The difference is that you’re the one not sharing. You’re mad at us for hiding this, fine I get it but what about you? If what you’re saying is true, you’ve been lying to us for YEARS Larkyn!”

Loire Gaunt

"What has gotten into you?!" Anger bubbled inside of her as she was pushed to her side, even more so when Larkyn's fist landed into Cyrus's jaw. She understood where her brother was coming from, understood that he was feeling betrayed by all of those that meant the most to him, but he wasn't seeing it from ANY of their perspective. Dru didn't want this marriage either, and if Larkyn hadn't been so cranky lately maybe they could've said something sooner!

With a frustrated huff Loire moved to sit beside Larkyn as he was finally pinned down. For a moment she looked over Cyrus, noting that his jaw was red and it most likely bruise. He was okay though, at least for now. "I don't want you miserable Larkyn. No one does. I don't know what's gotten into you. I-" wanted to tell you about us, but that wasn't the point of this fight. Her brother became an auror to prove that he wasn't like his family, that he didn't see bloodlines or family names like other pure bloods did. He was losing his way.

"Let's just take some time to cool off. Nothing will be resolved when we're angry like this."
---

After a long, tiresome, and tense week they had all somehow managed to survived, and today was the day of the Yule ball. Loire had tried to talk to Larkyn, she couldn't stand being like this, but he always brushed her off. That was the most painful thing of all, her own twin wanting nothing to do with her. They all had no choice but to put aside the tension and be dutiful chaperones today, that or risk Minerva maiming them for causing unnecessary drama.

"Morning." Loire flatly stated as she walked into Cyrus's room, a room she had made herself quite comfortable in as of the last week. She had tried to stay in her room the night of his fight with Larkyn but, she didn't want to be alone. It sounded silly saying that she missed him, that she felt safe with him. Of course she was down right shit at expressing emotions so, she said nothing of the sort. Typical Loire.

As usual she was up before the sun, today it was to do some work in the library. Unfortunately on her way back Nikolay cornered her to inform her that he was expecting her to attend the ball with him. If she didn't he'd report to her father and that was the last thing any of them needed right now. Most of the time she would shift and go through the window to avoid Larkyn seeing, right now she didn't give a damn. "Is it too early to call in the 'kill your fiancé' favor? He hunted me down to inform me that I'm to attend with him, that or deal with my father's wrath."

With a small sigh she moved towards the bed and flopped down on it, her long hair splaying about the bed as she did so. Her head turned ever so slightly so she could look up at him. "Word has it that Potter is attending the ball with Parvati and Ron with Padma. Perhaps you can spend the night giving the poor lads dating advice." Her words said one thing but the implication was there: keep well away from her. Already she knew that Nikolay would be possessive, handsy, and an overall pig as always, and she knew it'd drive Cyrus insane. The last thing they needed was him hiring the twins to make another scene.

Last edited:
Sapphira

This week was a mess. A horrible, burning dumpster fire of a mess. She hadn't been around everyone long enough to know what they had been through, the only thing she could see was everyone was hurting. And no one wanted to talk to each other! Was that how they always were? It was absolutely infuriating! The worst of it all was that Larkyn wouldn't talk to anyone, save for ranting to her when they were off on their own. It was to the point Loire had asked her to help; although all she said was 'Talk some sense into my brother, girl.' Honestly she wasn't sure Loire knew her name at all. And Delaney was so preoccupied with Seb, the two of them were finally happy and it would tear her up inside to pull them from that. She could totally handle this mess on her own.

"After the ball we need to talk to everyone. Well, you do. I'll be right there cheering you on." Sapphira's fingers pushed through of Larkyn's nearly white locks, her gentle eyes matching the tone of her voice. She knew she had to be delicate with the situation, Lakryn was still so raw after the fight, she didn't want to risk him getting mad at her too. They were still going to their nearly nightly flight lessons, their walks, she did her best to cheer him up and distract him. She had been doing good and not falling in bed with him again, but last night one thing led to another and she was flying into his bedroom.

She was sitting up in the bed wearing his t-shirt, her red hair in a messy bun on the top of her head. Slowly her index finger traced his defined jaw, her hesitating at the bruise still there. Every time she saw it her heart broke for him; he lunged out of pain, from Dru, Hunter, Cyrus, Loire-- all of them. All she could hope for was the boys to resolve these issues. Gently she leaned down so she could kiss his lips for a long moment. Her forehead pressed to his after she parted the kiss.

"I know Loire hurt you, but she's sorry. Cyrus too. And Dru-- you two need to talk. You still haven't given her back the ring." It'd kill her to see Dru put the ring back on. When Larkyn threw it she was quick to catch it for him. He didn't seem interested in it at all so it simply sat on his nightstand. They had to fix things eventually, right? Sapph knew how complex their relationship was so, she promised him patience.

"We can make it fun? We can race later. I win and you talk to her, you win and, well, I'm not sure. We still talk to her and I'll owe you a favor?" A playful smile spread on her lips. Although Sapph was getting quite good on a broom she would probably never beat him. Dammit though she'd try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back