• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy +lumos; becoming the light+ (Closed)

Characters
Here

ZombieBaee

Zombie Enthusiast

hogwarts.gif

The Wizarding world seems to go through eras of cyclical darkness, dark wizards will always plague their world in some way or form. In their current lifetime this group of young men and women have bared witness to the first Wizarding war, the rise and fall of the Dark Lord. They witnessed their families go through turmoil and pain, then they were some of the first children to emerge into the world after his fall and attend Hogwarts. Things would be fine for a while, mostly good and without trouble. However once a certain scar headed young boy began his journey through Hogwarts, it was as if it began to stir things up once again.

Now it was 1994, the year of the Quidditch World Cup, the year after infamous wizard Sirius Black escaped, the year that Hogwarts would be hosting the Triwizard tournament. Over the summer many parents of Hogwarts students expressed concern with security at the school, if Sirius Black could get in unscathed what else could happen? That and the combination of the added students from the tournament led to the Ministry pushing Dumbledore to add staffing for the safety of the students and guests.

Each house would be given a mentor separate from their house professor, someone who's only job was to keep an eye on their house. They would also be asking for an auror or two as well as help with keeping their incoming guests happy. Thus the current group of young men and women who were recent graduates of Hogwarts, finding themselves chosen for this flagship group of staff.

*This is a closed RP, disclaimer: We don't own the Harry Potter characters or that universe. Credits to JK Rowling for her characters and universe, original characters will be added as well as changes to original plot lines.*

Druella Malfoy

Druella had been raised with the idea of familial loyalty burned into her brain. That above all else she was to honor and respect her bloodline. For the most part that was easy, Dru and her mother were like minded souls, they both kept their true beliefs close to their heart and knew how to handle things with a quiet but stern grace. Neither loved their family’s legacy and past, the death eaters and the whole ugly pure blood supremacy bit. Then there was her father, the one who got them into it all. He and Dru often went head to head on many issues, she was the rebel child when compared to the younger Draco. Draco was the good child, the one who listened and truly reveled in their lifestyle. He was also the main reason Dru found herself seated in this stupid tent with these stupid people.

“This is absolutely bloody ridiculous.” The icy woman groaned, crossing one black tight clad leg over the other as she leaned back into the plush bucket chair. They had been sent to the Qudditch World Cup to get to know one another prior to the start of the school year. They had all been chosen for this… project, then paired with some of the younger staff like Loire and Delaney as some sort of integration technique. As if they were incapable of figuring it all out. Druella had been an easy pick, she was involved with the Ministry and specifically with the department of education. She was also a Malfoy and wherever he father saw a possibility for power and status, he took it. He claimed it was because he didn’t trust anyone else to watch over Draco after what happened the year prior but that was a crock of shit.

“As if spending a weekend sleeping outside is anyone’s idea of fun.” They weren’t exactly outside, in fact it was fairly nice accommodations. The tent had been enchanted to be much larger on the inside than out, it housed a real kitchen, bathrooms with plumbing that Dru didn’t dare try and make sense of, two sleeping areas as well as a large living space. If Dru had WANTED to be here she likely wouldn’t have anything to complain about. However this little project ruined her original plans for this weekend, she was supposed to have come to this event with her father and brother, invited by the Minister himself! Any opportunity to sell herself for better opportunities at work Dru wanted to take! But no. She was here. With this lot.
Dru stood from where she had sat, smoothing out the material of the black pencil skirt as she did. She wasn’t quite dressed for an athletic event, she wore a skirt paired with a long sleeved black turtleneck. Black tights covered her legs and a pair of basic black patent pumps graced her feet. The signature Malfoy platinum locks were slicked back into a low pony tail, tied with a plain green ribbon that matched the emerald stone around her neck. When Dumbledore met with them all and instructed them to use the port key in his office, she has never imagined it would lead here.

“Well do we truly need to do introductions or does everyone have a strong enough brain to remember your class mates from just a few years ago?”

Larkyn Gaunt

Larkyn had spent most of his life trying to make his last name something to be proud of rather than feared, their legacy wasn’t a good one and he would be damned if he would allow it to define him. It was half the reason that Larkyn became an auror, a dark wizard catcher. If he was one of the guys who caught them he could’ve BE one right? The same mentality is what made the sorting hat stammer back when he started at Hogwarts, Slytherin was literally in his blood, they were descendants of the founder himself. However the hat felt Larkyn far more suited for Ravenclaw or even Gryffindor… but it was have been blasphemous and left his twin on her own. For a while Larkyn wondered if things would have been different for him if he had been in a different house but… likely not. Even without meeting and getting close with Dru he would have had a wife chosen for him. Likely would have been her either way based upon their mothers being friends. He still would have wanted to be an auror despite his fathers protests. He still would have played Quidditch and made friends with lots of people, inside and outside of his own house. It wasn’t without struggle, a lot of people thought he would be scary at first. If it hadn’t been for playing Quidditch it was likely a lot of his friends would have never given him the time of day. Especially Cyrus, even when they were young the guy had an insane sense of righteousness.

“Dru please don’t start.” Larkyn gave his fiancé a gentle smile, placing a hand on her shoulder and squeezing from here he stood behind her. “Think of this more as a walk down memory lane yeah? It’ll be like back in school, when we would go to the Gaunt summer home during break. Except in a tent. With more people. But still, I’m sure it’ll be fine.” He was used to having to calm her down, he had gotten plenty of training in the subject between dealing with his sister and his fiancé. Both women had a way with words. “Plus we were coming anyways, the only difference is the company. And this way you get to hang out with me now instead of some crabby old men yeah?”

Larkyn moved and looked around the room as Dru cut into everyone with her words yet again. “I think-“ He sighed, looking around he at least recognized everyone. One was his sister, one his fiancé. He was already lucky there. Then there was Cyrus, his old best friend… well his best friend? If it wasn’t for the man going missing the past year and a half he wouldn’t have questioned it for a moment. Then the other two males he knew fairly well from Quidditch over the years. “Let’s just play nice in case anyone needs a reminder okay? I mean it’s not like we were all in the same year. Or the same house.” He gave her a look that begged her to just try and have a good time before turning to the rest of the room with a polite smile. “I’m Larkyn Gaunt, this here is Druella Malfoy. I have been brought on as added help for this year, I work as an auror and they wanted someone in house at all times with the tournament coming up. I look forward to a good year with you all. So does Dru.” At the last addition he looked at the stone faced woman once more. This was going to be one hell of a social experiment.

Delaney Wilson

This would only be Delaney’s second year as a professor at Hogwarts, only her second year! Which is why she fully didn’t understand why she was now being added to this other project. McGonagall had assured her that it was all going to be okay, that she would end up having a good time and would be a good influence on the others. Delaney thought it had more to do with the fact that the only other member of Hogwarts staff close in age to those they wanted to recruit was Loire and she was no where near personable. Being volun-told about this “opportunity” meant that Delaney had to make the best of it. Therefore it meant that she suggested Sapphira as Hufflepuff houses mentor and when the poor girl came to visit over the summer she was basically ambushed and begged to go along with the plan.

Delaney had never been the most popular person, she got made fun of by meaner students during her years at Hogwarts for various things; being orphaned, being a teachers pet, liking plants more than people. She tried her best to grin and bear it, making the best of it as she always did. But it did mean she didn’t have many close friends, Sapphira was the closest and best by far. In the summers she would leave Hogwarts to stay with the Longbottoms but you couldn’t exactly count them as friends, lovely older folk who Delaney genuinely loved but not friends. Neville was a sweet boy but he was a toddler. That really only left Sebastian, they had been closed as children but as they got older more and more things got in the way.

“I think it’s actually rather nice. For a tent at least. Better than sleeping in the greenhouse when I accidentally let that tentacula overgrow and locked myself in for a day.” Delaney chuckled, trying to bring a bit of fun to the awkward situation. They had just been in Dumbledores office minutes prior, she had assumed to meet each other then be on their way to be settled for the school year but then in his typical scheming way, suddenly they were off on some over exaggerated ice breaker.

Delaney was glad to have quickly realized that the old bat had thought to send some of their luggage with them. She didn’t want to be spending the whole weekend in the tie dyed yellow sundress and her hair in a messy braid. Plus she wasn’t the only one ill prepared for a sporting event, Dru was in heels! Though she wouldn’t be shocked if that was all the woman wore…

Thankfully Larkyn stepped in to try and smooth things over, trying to make this as painless as possible as he introduced both himself and his prickly fiancé. Dru had been right, for the most part Delaney at least recognized everyone. Some younger some older but they all walked the halls of the school together at some point. “Ah! I’ll go, I’m Delaney. Please feel free to call me Laney or Dell. I’ve taken over Professor Sprouts position as of last year. They asked me, along with Loire, to kind of help you all get settled in Hogwarts as staff. Although it’s not like you don’t know the place…” She kind of grumbled the last part as she fidgeted with the material of her dress.

“It is nice to see everyone again, some old friends and hopefully some new ones too right? It’s going to be an exciting year, I for one am grateful for the extra hands… anyways… sometimes I talk a bit to much so someone should step in next at any moment.”

Loire Gaunt

In the eight years Loire had been the librarian for Hogwarts McGonagall had volunteered Loire for numerous things. From chaperoning parties to helping other teachers on projects, the white haired woman usually didn’t mind the tasks. McGonagall had always taken a like to Loire and, truthfully, Loire saw her more as a mother than her birth one so she usually didn’t mind the task. This one though? This was going to require all of her patience, maybe even more than she was capable of. Truly, this would be a challenge.

Showing around and helping a bunch of ‘volunteers’ for this project didn’t sound that bad until she found out who the group was. Druella her soon to be sister-in-law, she wasn’t exactly terrible but she could see that her and her brother didn’t truly love each other. Longbottom was always a bit too much, Weasley too. Delaney was tolerable, somewhat enjoyable company so she was thankful to be doing this with her. Her brother was usually her most favorite person in the world, but considering the fact that he had detained her after a rowdy protest a week they still weren’t on speaking terms.

All of the above was tolerable enough, but throw in Cyrus? Loire was looking for the soonest opportunity to shift into her car form and sneak away. It had almost been two years of that man ghosting her and her letters. Once upon a time ago he was her best friend, her first love. They agreed they would only be friends, but friends didn’t just disappear on one another like that. Seeing his face now…she wanted to hit him with her boot and hug him at the same time. So, naturally, she was just going to ignore him. He clearly didn’t mind ignoring her. Though, that didn’t stop her from glancing at him every now and then. It was just good to see he was alive.

Loire’s small form was tucked in a chair curled up with one of the few books she had thankfully packed. Camping wasn’t high on her to-do list but Dumbledore didn’t give them much of a choice, she just had to survive this endeavor. Her long silvery white locks fell effortlessly down her thin frame, her pale skin looking as if it would instantly burn in the sun. Per usual she dressed in all black, today it was a knee length long sleeved dress paired with her favorite combat boots. However, when the introductions started rolling in all she could do was silently roll her eyes. The last thing she needed was Larkyn to harp on her about being a team player.

Her book snapped shut as Delaney seemed to look for someone to speak up. A small sigh passed her lips as she slid from the chair to her feet, her light blue eyes looking as bored as ever. “I’m Loire, I’ve been the librarian for the past few years. This year will obviously be exhausting but let’s all try to survive, yeah? I’m sure you’ll find Delaney to be far more helpful than I am, but should you be in need of assistance I’ll be here to help.” For a moment her eyes landed on Cyrus for the millionth time and she felt a mixture of anger and sadness bubble inside of her again. “Just, try not to need me and let’s make this as painless as possible.” Sometimes Loire wished she could be nicer, more forgiving like Larkyn was. That wasn’t the type of person she was though. With another sigh she plopped back down in her seat to wait for everyone to finish their bloody introductions.

Last edited:
Sapphira

Funny enough, this trip was just supposed to last for a week. That was it. Don’t get her wrong, Sapphira loved Hogwarts. Delaney was her only true friend, the only person that knew Sapphira as the fun witch versus the sweetheart socialite she was at home. Magic in her family was… frowned upon. It was taboo, the unknown to a religious family of muggles, a sin. It was a fucking miracle she was able to convince her parents to let her attend the school, let alone come by and visit said magical community. All these years out of Hogwarts and it was her first time back, and even then it was just to celebrate her friends promotion to professor! A bit delayed, but it was the first chance she was able to get away from her family. The last thing she was expecting was for Delaney to ambush her with this whole ‘mentor’ plan. The girl was like a sister to her and she never asked for anything, Sapphira didn’t have it in her to turn down her dear friend.

Sapph didn't expect the group to be so... diverse. That wasn't a bad thing! Each person in the group had a rumor about them back in their school days but she knew nothing about any of them other than that. All the boys played Quidditch, Larkyn was always her most favorite to watch but that was something only Delaney knew. A stupid, stupid little girls crush that would obviously lead to a sad ending. Druella was as pretty as she was in school, she was also the only one that was in her year. Wealey was known to be a hot head, Longbottom a flirt. She didn't know much about Cyrus, but she remembered a rumor about Loire killing people with a single stare. That had to be made up, she was sure of it.

At least the tent was cool! The closest thing to camping she had ever done was staying in cute cabins on vacation, the amenities that magic brought to the tent were reminiscent to that. It made it roomy enough to where they wouldn't step on each other toes... hopefully. Was it her or was everyone here kind of on edge already? Introductions were going well enough but there was just some kind of tension in the air. Soon enough it became her turn and she quickly gave a bright smile to everyone.

“Oh, hi guys! I’m Sapphira, call me Saph. I am now a Hufflepuff mentor? Just for the year, normally I’m a personal assistant. It’s the first time I’ve been back since graduation so I’m really looking forward to spending it with everyone. And like my best friend here I'm awfully chatty, so, um, who's next?"

Hunter Weasley

It had been years since Hunter had been in a hundred mile vicinity of his home. He knew he'd be here for a while since he had to bring the dragons, but he hadn't expected Dumbledore to drag him into this whole 'mentor' situation. It wasn't that he didn't want to see his family, don't get him wrong. Hunter was the second born son to his parents. He had six siblings, loving parents. Hunter used to make trips home annually from his job taming creatures, more specifically dragons, up until he had been kidnapped. It lasted only a week but it felt like a lifetime, the death eaters used crucio on him hoping he'd go insane. It was a nightmare, it was fucking nightmare. When Hunter refused to give in the pressed their want to his arm and...

The Weasley's were widely known as blood traitors. Despite being purebloods they were looked down upon in their community, and they thought it would be funny to make their son a death eater. There was such shame, such fear he felt from the mark he refused to come home. He buried himself in his work with the dragons, hence why he was here for the Triwizard Tournament. Sometime after the tournament he wanted to go see his family, but the thought made the tall red headed male extremely nervous.

"Now, I can see Larkyn becoming an Auror, that's believable. But Dumbledore allows Loire to be around people? Students no less? It's official. The old man has gone bonkers." Hunter gave a playful grin as he pushed off of the side of the tent. Hunter ran his large hand through his messy red hair before he gave a quick wave to the others. "Hey all. I know most of you already, but I'm Hunter Weasley." The boys all played Quidditch together for years, and while they didn't necessarily get along the greatest at times they were all still at least familiar with each other.

As far as his career went, the whole dragons thing was kind of a secret he wasn't supposed to let out quite yet. "I'm a creature tamer. You name it, I've probably tamed it. And, yeah. That's about it." Listen, he'd rather do these awkward little introductions over adventuring beyond the tent and risked being caught by his family.

Sebastian Longbottom

"Sebastian Longbottom, botanist and plant shop owner, doting big cousin. But you all lovely people can call me Seb, Sebby, big bro, the handsome devil of Hogsmeade, pick your poison. I was asked to mentor and help out around with the Ravenclaw's for the year. It's nice to see everyone again." Per usual, Sebastian was as chipper as ever. Thankfully everyone here was used to it? Like the other boys he was in Quidditch and despite being the eldest he still grew to know the other. Larkyn, Loire, and Dru were almost like a packaged deal so he had gotten acquainted with their personalities. Delaney was one of the sweetest girls he had ever met, she stayed with his grandparents and hey spent a good amount of time together. He hadn't seen her or Sapphira in years but, at least they knew each other.

It wasn't surprising that Hunter was already trying to start something. Druella already seemed prickly, Larkyn was already trying to play peacekeeper. "Oh, my loves. There's no need to be so grumpy.” Usually Sebastian’s social group included his plants, flowers, and an abundant sea of women. It was easy to say he wasn’t used to such stubborn women or this many guys, but he was always up for the challenge. He took a second to observe the group to come up with a plan that would help cut the tension. While he was sure it wouldn’t solve any issues, he was sure that it would be a great distraction.

Sebastian clapped his hands together and gave a small nod. “Yes, that’s it. There has to be a tent around here that sells either some sort of alcohol. Like plants, humans should have a drink on occasions. I’m sure there’s something around here.” With that announcement over with the cheerful man moved to the kitchen so he could start looking. Thankfully it didn’t take long to find. “Wine, whiskey, what’s your poison kids?”

Cyrus

Cyrus knew that this was all necessary but he didn’t have to like it. A little over a year ago he had all but fallen off the face of the earth because of the Order and now he was having to fully integrate himself again for them, with people who were going to be pissed! Namely Loire and Larkyn. Remus and Sirius were out of the question though, neither of them had a safe way to be within the school's walls.Remus was outed as a werewolf now and despite Dumbledoor being okay with him continuing to teach, it put the man in an awkward position. Sirius on the other hand was still a wanted man for his escape from Azkaban, even if he wasn’t guilty of his original crime. Everything happening recently meant the Order was coming back together, which was something Cyrus didn’t even know existed until a crazy looking man with a mechanical eye appeared at his door last year. Apparently the man was good friends with his mother, said that Anya was like his sister, that they were both in something called the Order of the Phoenix together back in the day and that Cyrus deserved to learn the truth. So, instead of thinking like a rational adult, Cyrus ran off with a man who was literally called Mad-Eye.

In his year away Cyrus learned so much, all about the First Wizarding War and the order, the death eaters and the current issues surrounding a young student named Harry Potter. Of course Cyrus knew of the boy, who didn’t know of the boy who lived. He just never really realized how much seemed to revolve around this poor 14 year old kid. Cyrus had gotten close to two other members of the Order, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black, finding himself living in the laters family home. They told him all their old crazy stories and the true life of his late mother. Cyrus was pulled into it easily, like it was fate.

Thus why he found himself here, under the ruse of being chosen for this stupid thing while in reality Dumbledoor was allowing Cyrus in to keep an eye on the unfortunate young man. “Don’t worry. I won’t.” It was hard as hell for him to be mean or cold to Loire or Larkyn but it was for the best. Larkyn may be an auror like Mad-Eye and Tonks but the two of them were going through hell to keep things a secret from the Ministry. Larkyn was so honest that he wouldn’t do well with it. Plus it was safer for the both of them this way. This way they couldn’t get pulled into anything dangerous. Cyrus wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he was the reason Loire got hurt.

The others all spoke in circles until there was a lull and Cyrus felt all eyes on him. “Oh right, Cyrus. They brought me in to deal with the Gryffindor kids I guess. Uh, yeah that’s it.” Was it less than the bare minimum sure but what else was he supposed to say ? “Longbottom is it really the best idea for us to start off under the influence?”

Druella Malfoy

Don’t get her wrong, Dru thrived off of power and responsibility, hell she was probably the only Malfoy who wanted to work an honest career. Her mother was hardworking sure but in a different way completely, her father much less hardworking and much more of a skeevy little brown noser. Dru liked putting in an effort, she liked being impressive and breaking the mold that people set forth for her. Unless it involved group activities and camping. And a Weasley.

The others all did their little introductions and Dru simply sat back and watched with mild interest, she knew who they all were. Part of being successful was knowing your team, knowing the situation. If you thought for a moment that the woman hadn’t looked into everyone and what they have been up to since their time at Hogwarts, you were out of your mind. Dru was one of the youngest in the crew, Sapphira the only one who was the same age. The twins had been in the same school year however and the others all attended Hogwarts at the same time, just older. Most of them Dru could at least remember their faces from back then, especially the men who had played Qudditch with her and Larkyn.
“It’s no worse than allowing a weasel now is it?” Dru wasn’t best friends with Loire by far but she also wasn’t just going to not take the chance to bite back at a Weasley. While Dru herself wasn’t like her family, deep into all that pure blood nonsense and blood traitor silliness… she still had never been a fan. Hunter and his brother Bill had both been at Hogwarts when she was and found millions of ways to be annoying. Rumors told her that the younger Weasley siblings were no different, especially the twin boys according to Draco. “I’m just shocked that only one of you is here, aren’t you guys like pack animals or something?”

This event was already in full swing, the World Cup itself had its came the following evening but people had been camped out for days at this point. Outside the tent you could hear the hooting and hollering of activity. Sebastian had made his way to the small kitchen and began rummaging through things. The mention of whiskey and wine made the thin woman perk up, swiftly moving in that direction and plucking the bottle of whiskey from him to read the label. “Gross. It will do.” Dru took a glass, casting aquamenti and glacius in quick succession to create a sphere of ice before pouring the amber liquid over top. “Hush Cyrus, we are about to be trapped within the walls of an academic institution for the next eight months and whiskey may be the only thing that gets us through it.”

Delaney Wilson

Delaney was thanking her lucky stars that she had been able to convince Sapphira to join them for this. If she wasn’t here she was fairly certain that she would have had a bit of a nervous breakdown by now. This was just a lot of personalities all at once, Dru and Loire both a bit standoffish, Cyrus was … making everyone slightly uncomfortable with the waves of anxiety coming off the poor man, Lakryn seemed pleasant enough. Then there was Sebastian… Delaney and him had known each other for a very long time. Both spent countless hours with Augusta Longbottom and her grandson Neville. Delaney would go there during summer breaks rather than being sent to some orphanage for a few months. Sebastian was a cousin of Neville and often spent his holiday with his grandmother. It was part of the reason that Delaney wasn’t caught off guard by the man’s near puppy like excitement.

When Loire gave her small sort of compliment to Delaney it made her return a soft smile, one that turned into wide eyed surprise when the woman’s demeanor completely changed as she directed her next sentence at Cyrus. It was enough of a chill that it made Delaney physically shudder. His response to Loire made her wince. Weren’t they friends? She could remember back in school they were practically inseparable!

The others all reintroduced themselves, ending with Sebastian in the kitchen and Dru following shortly after. “I mean they don’t tell us we CANT drink, I think we all know Flitwick has his own fair share of strange wines stored in the staff wing but… Now is probably the last time to truly let loose before classes start.” She hummed a little, trying to calm everyone down a bit and think of ways to make the mood better! “Oh guys we could all have a drink then go walk around the campsites! I’ve heard they have a little fleamarket with different stands. We could go find some gear for the game tomorrow since none of us were prepared for this little outing.”

Larkyn Gaunt

“Okay okay let’s just all keep it light.” Larkyn shook his head at his fiancé and his sister, both women were so quick with their words. At least Loires issue with Cyrus was partially understandable, even Larkyn was a bit upset with the man. But Dru was just being her typical self, striking whenever she came up with a good insult or criticism. Sapphira went next and it took Larkyn a moment but he slowly remembered her and Delaney being around the Qudditch pitch fairly often, she was also in a few of his classes he thought. Sebastian was another he didn’t know super well, he had been a buddy from Quidditch but they never hung out much. Most of his time back then was with Cyrus and the two girls.

“Why yes love, it would be kind of you to pour some for others.” Larkyn nudged Dru with a smile as he pulled down more glasses and gave her a nudge to help him make more drinks. “Well handle the whiskey, Seb can you pour some wine? Who needs what?” Everyone got their drink and after a few moments they all found themselves in a small uneven circle, Larkyn holding his drink out towards the middle. “Cheers to a good year yeah?”

Loire.

This was why Loire refused to make friends. It wasn't like the girl was ever popular mind you, she hated socializing and didn't mind that people were afraid of her. The way that Cyrus brushed her off so quickly made her cool demeanor falter. She knew that he was going through things she didn't understand, and while she didn't like it she tried to not hunt him down to demand answers. Loire wrote a couple letters updating him about things going on back at home, just trying to catch up like an idiot, but never received one back. Larkyn assured her that he'd have some good explanation, and yet here there he was! He was acting like a complete stranger! Loire wanted to take off her boot and throw it straight at his fucking head.

It had caught her so off guard that she couldn't instantly come up with some smart remark to Weasley. Surprisingly Dru was kind of defending her? Not that Loire couldn't do it herself, she just wasn't in the mood to. "Weasley I've heard the story of you blowing up the potions classroom on multiple occasions. All I do is turn the students to frogs if they misbehave." Soon enough they rolled through the introductions and she made mental note of everyone. Sapphira was a new face, Hunter was a prankster like the whole lot of his family, and Sebastian was like an annoying puppy. What a lot.

"Whiskey." All Loire wanted to do was shapeshift and run off and laze about somewhere, but it would seem rather fishy if she just up and disappeared. For now she'd play her part. "Thanks." Big light blue eyes looked down at the dark liquid before letting out a small sigh. "Yeah. Sure." Loire lifted her glass to cheers before taking a long drink.

"Walking around does seem like a mildly enjoyable time. " The game, however, sounded like complete misery. The last time she went was with Cyrus and Larkyn, she actually enjoyed that day. This would prove to be an uncomfortable experience. "I-" Loire turned to Cyrus to give him a peace of her mind but she quickly bit her lip. Instead she gave a small huff and ran her thin fingers through her silvery curls, finishing off her drink to shut herself up. Larkyn would be pissed if she started a fight this early in the day.

Sapphira

Like Delaney, Sapphira was thankful that her friend didn't have to endure this alone. There was so much tension in the group! Like everyone just needed to have a good long chat, though it didn't look like this group would be willing to do that. So they were going to use alcohol, shopping, and the game to hopefully smooth over the tension. Fingers crossed it worked? "I'm sure one drink won't hurt, right?" A warm smile took over her face as she moved to follow the others, taking a wine from Seb with a smile. "Thanks a bunch." At least Larkyn and Sebastian seemed like friendly enough folk. Hopefully everyone else would loosen up after a drink!

"Cheers!" Raising her arm towards the middle she gently clinked her glass with everybody, taking a small drink of the red wine. "Oh, I'm sure most of the professors have their fair share of drinks. I mean you'd have to if you're dealing with all those kids. Either that or they'd have to have the patience of a saint like Delaney here." Saph smiled sweetly and gently nudged Delaney before she took another drink. "Mmm, I agree. We desperately need to shopping. It's been forever since we've been to a game, I want to dress the part."

There was still, however, an uncomfortable tension in the air. They needed conversation. Back in the day Sapphira used to get bullied because of the simple fact that she was a muggle. 'Mud-blood' was their favorite word to used, and back in the day Sapph used to get upset about things like that. Now? Now she didn't care if she looked like an idiot. "So, um, you said your an auror? If I remember right that's a dark wizard catcher, right? Is that as exciting of a job as it sounds?" Sapph took another sip of her wine as she tried to distract the group from the awkward tension.

Weasley

"Weasel. Hardy har har, how original." Like he hadn't heard that word during his week long crucio torture? Hunter's green eyes rolled. If they were slinging low blows then two could play at this game. "Pardon yourself Malfoy, unlike some of us I'm actually able to survive without my family name. I haven't seen the family in years, actually. I don't want them to know that I'm here until after the game." And then there would be be another excuse after that, and another after that... Hunter knew that he'd have to face his family someday. He knew that the mark wasn't visible, that having a death eaters mark would be the literal last thing his family would expect him to have. Just knowing it was there though was enough to make him nervous.

"And excuse me Loire, what do you mean 'heard' I blew up the classroom? You were THERE when I did it. I'm pretty sure that you snitched on me, too, I just can't prove it." What was this, shit on Hunter day? He was already on edge with the chance of seeing his family, even more so at the notion of seeing the twins, Ron, or Ginny. Obviously they'd be in the same house and he couldn't avoid them forever, but, dammit he didn't need all these women on his back. "You guys have the elegance of a grapplehorn in a china shop."

Thank Merlin Longbottom brought up alcohol. "Can it Cyrus. When did you become such a prude? Didn't you used to be fun?" As everyone approached migrated to the kitchen he took a peak at the label on the whiskey. "Hey, whatever does the job. Thanks, dearie." With a small wink and a smirk he took a glass, raising a brow as Larkyn made his cheers. "You were always the optimistic one on the team, Larkyn. I think we're going to need that energy for the year. Salud."

As Hunter tossed back the drink he noticed Loire struggling not to say something. That was a first. "Lovers quarrel? I heard teenaged romances never survive adulthood. If you’d like Loire I can find a charming lad for you. I’m sure a beast tamer could put up with that attitude of yours." Torture didn't completely change Hunter, he still enjoyed stirring the pot and starting drama. Him and the twins were fairly similar in that aspect. "Oi, Dru you never told us what you've been up to. What have you been up to?" Already he was moving back to the bottle and pouring himself more whiskey. They'd need a lot more of this to survive this weekend.

Last edited:
Seb. Longbottom

Drinking within the first hour of being here probably wasn't a good idea. What were they supposed to do though? Just be okay with the tension? Uh-uh, no way. If they left things like this there would for sure be a fight between someone, Seb wanted to avoid that at all cost. "Now now dear Cyrus, no one says you have to have a drink. You can just sit there and be jealous of all the fun we'll be having. Or would you rather have a good time with your dear friends? You and Larkyn are like, best buds or something, right?" Seb simply left it at that as he began to pour some wine into the glasses and handing them out. His dark brown eyes looked at Delaney for the thousandth time and he handed her a glass with a warm smile. "I've had a drink with a few of the professors and trust me, they can throw back some drinks. A drink or two will be fine, let's just have a good time and make some memories this year."

And with that said Larkyn raised his glass to make a cheers. Like most of the others Seb raised his glass, clinked it with a few of the others. "Cheers." With a quick drink Seb leaned against the counter with a cheerful smile still plastered on his face. Truth be told, he missed the time he used to spend with Delaney. Augusta could be a real hard ass on her grandchildren but she always had a warm heart, that was just because she had high expectations of the kids. Hell, the woman was convinced Neville was a squib for the longest time. Seb was always on his little cousins side though, he loved that little guy like he was a surrogate sun. Delaney was always kind to Neville, she was always teaching him something or showing him something new.

"Did I mention it's lovely to be seeing you again, Delaney? Neville did say something about Sprout retiring soon. I'm not shocked in the slightest that you've taken over for her though, you were always amazing with Gran's plants. At least I know the kids have the best of the best teaching them herbology. How have you been liking the position so far? If you ever need some rare and exotic plants to show the students I'll be more than willing to supply some. I actually just got a few cobra lillies, though the little buggers are a bit snippy."

Hearing Hunter already antagonizing the others was enough to make him sigh under his breath. He was always an exhausting individual. From what Neville was saying, Weasley's twin brothers were also avid troublemakers. How utterly exhausting. Seb and Hunter always had a few classes together so this behavior was rather reminiscent of their school days. "Hunter don't piss anyone off quite this early, yeah? We still have a long day ahead of us."

Druella Malfoy

The comment from the idiotic ginger haired one made Dru stiffen for a minute, she was sure a look of shock was stuck on her face for a moment before she took a long drink of the burning liquid and turned her head to look him in the eye. “You can only say that because you don’t have a name that’s worth a damn.” Her lips turned into a sickeningly sweet smile and then she turned on her heel to join the others in their lame excuse for a cheers. Honestly she wasnt really paying much attention because she was still internally seething; Dru hated when it was implied that her success only came from her name. “I work for the ministry, in the department of education. And I actually work, I’ve actually met with your father a handful of times. Lovely man truly, shocking his children are such little heathens.”

The group finished their drinks and got ready to go do a little shopping and wandering. They all bought little trinkets and gear to wear for the event the following evening. Then it was time to turn in for the night. Despite the terrible little cot she was on it was actually a fairly nice nights sleep, it was much different from the cold and gloomy surroundings of her room at the Manor.

The next morning they had all woken up and had a light breakfast together before getting ready for their days, agreeing to meet up before heading to the pitch for the game that evening. Dru and Larkyn had taken part of their day to meet up with her father and brother as it seemed the proper thing to do. Then before she knew it, it was time to meet the others. The game itself was honestly excellent, Dru couldn’t remember the last time she was able to actually enjoy and event she had gone too. Hell she hadn’t realized how much she missed Qudditch!

“I still cannot believe that’s the way the game ended. I mean he had to know they weren’t going to win even catching it right? I mean you don’t play at that level and not keep up on the score!” Dru exclaimed as the group made their way back to their tent through the camp grounds, her arm was looped through Larkyns as they walked. “I mean at least anyone who plays with half a brain, I must remember that all you boys here that played weren’t the greatest. I mean I’m fairly certain I only ever witnessed the Ravenclaw seeker over there only ever catch the snitch once in any game we ever played against them?” The woman tossed a look over to Sebastian and gave him a wink before letting out a small laugh. When she wasn’t completely indoctrinated with her family or other related company she could let loose and have a bit of fun. It wasn’t often she would admit but, it could happen.

Of course any good moment couldn’t last too long, soon the nice night was cut short by Delaney calling their attention to smoke. Then came the screams. Dru didn’t think twice, she pulled her wand quickly from her pocket and aimed in the direction of the noise, however when her eyes landed on the men in black cloaks it nearly made her knees give out. “Death Eaters.”

Last edited:
Delaney Wilson

“I suppose it couldn’t hurt.” Delaney smiled and took the glass of wine, raising it with the others before taking in a long drink. This was going to be interesting if nothing else. It had been a while since Delaney got to hang out with her peers, most of her time was spent with her cat, her students or the other professors who were many years her senior.
Over the past year Delaney had read at least 45 different novels and gotten sunburnt countless times from all the time she spent out on the balcony. It was a nice lively change of pace already! Plus she was getting to see some of the most important people to her, ones that she hadn’t seen in far too long. Sapphira was her best friend and while they wrote constantly it wasn’t the same as face to face. And Seb, Delaney would get updated from time to time from Neville but that was about it.

Seb turned his attention to her for a moment and caused Delaney to blush a bit, raising her hand and shaking it a bit to say no. “Gosh no, not the best of the best. I can’t dream of ever filling Paloma’a shoes but if I can get even close I’ll take it.” She pushed back some of her hair and adjusted her weight from one foot to the other before continuing, “I mean it’s been amazing honestly, I’m lucky that I started while Neville was still in school. Means I at least started with one student who liked me. And I’m sure the kids would love that! Maybe I could even convince the headmaster to allow a little field trip for the more advanced students.”

The rest of the night was pleasant enough, sure you could feel some tension between others but it seemed to get a bit less intense as hours passed. Delaney was able to get herself some funny little shamrock glasses to wear for the game as well as the most adorable little ceramic turtle from one of the vendors that magically spit water every few seconds. It was a trinket that her cat Turtle would be absolutely fascinated with. Then came and went the World Cup for another year, ending in a bit of a shock. Now they found themselves walking through the busy campsite full of celebrating patrons.

A few feet ahead of them Dru and Larkyn were leading the pack, Dru started in about the game and Delaney felt herself slowly lose focus. Not that she didn’t enjoy Qudditch but… she had enough of it for the evening. So instead she turned her attention to the sky, staring at the stars. They walked a bit further on with Delaney occasionally looking down to make sure she didn’t trip. However this time when she looked up the sky seemed… off. Smoky almost. It was nearly like everyone here was having a giant bonfire.

“Guys does it seem smo-“ Then a blood curdling scream pierced through the air, causing Delaney to instantly turn in the direction it came from. In the distance she could see commotion, people began to run and then beyond them an eruption of green flames as a woman was levitated into the air. Under her was a group of people in black cloaks and metallic masks. “Oh my god, is that the woman who was at the front of the campsite? Mrs. Roberts.” Delaney gasped in horror, pulling out her wand and looking around. There were so many people here… so many students! Screams started to ring out from various directions, fire bursting all around. Without even thinking Delaney took off running down one of the aisles, rustling tents and checking inside for people as she did and telling them to run for the tree line

Larkyn Gaunt

“Aye you can’t blame Seb for that, Ravenclaw has always had a right trash team. They were always too busy with their nose stuck in a book yeah?” Larkyn let out a chuckle and turned to look down at Dru as she clung to his arm. The two of them had never been in love, back when they started dating it was just the natural progression it seemed, she was one of his best friends and their families started making comments about marriage. It was the way things worked in their world. Over the years they both changed, Dru got far more serious, she lost the fun part of her wit and just turned cold and mean. Larkyn lost his confidence and turned into a robot. So moments like these where he got his friend back felt really good… now the next mission was Cyrus. Hopefully the next year of all of them being removed from their normal would bring back some of the good parts that were missed. “Plus the years you played the game was more about not getting taken to the infirmary by you. Nasty with those bludgers you were.”

“Smoke? I guess it does smell a bit heavy, lots of vampires I presume.” Larkyn shrugged it off at first but was quickly proved wrong when the screaming began. Dru moved first, her wand pulled and pointed in the direction of the chaos, Delaney ran second causing Larkyn to curse under his breath. His eyes followed the end of Drus wand, hearing her gasp words that made his heart sink. “What in the hell are death eaters doing here?” Larkyn couldn’t believe his eyes, but they were truly there. The things he saw in his nightmares… the things his family and Drus knew far too well. “Shit, Dru come on.” Larkyn grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her slightly, “Come on don’t let it get to you, just you and the others get back to the tent and use the port key back to the school. Or hell aparate out of here, just go okay?” Plenty of other aurors should have been in attendance and if not more would be here soon but Larkyn knew he had to help. “I’ll join up with you all okay?” Before he ran off in the direction opposite Delaney he looked at Loire and gave her a stern look, “Go with Dru.”

Then he was off, quickly Larkyn made his way through tents, casting protego to shield people and aguamenti on the various fires. How did this all start so fast? And why in the hell were they here! Voldemort was gone and sure they have had instances pop up of some of his trash stragglers about but… this was more than that. It was organized and large. There was far too many of them that had come together for this than Larkyn was comfortable with

Cyrus O’Connor

That night after everyone had went to sleep Cyrus had apparated back to the Black family estate to get information from Remus. Harry and the others were also in attendance at the cup, Arthur was with them as well as two of the older Weasley boys so things should be fine. Plus it wasn’t like anything to terrible should occur while at the camp. Remus let Cyrus know that the plan was for Harry to return to the Burrow after the camping trip was over until school started the following week. That was good news because honestly Cyrus was struggling to make a plan to cover the boy as he traveled from the Dursleys to the station while he was stuck at the school. It wasn’t like you can just apparate in and out of Hogwarts so now that he was officially all moved in and under Dumbledores order, things got harder.

The next day was all about the game, Cyrus tried to enjoy it best he could but it was hard knowing the entire time the woman two feet away from him could have ripped his head off if given the chance. Cyrus couldn’t blame Loire for her anger or upset, he knew he hurt her. He knew her hurt Larkyn too. It wasn’t fun being the asshole, it didn’t feel good but he was doing what he had to do.

The game came and went, it was an impressive match all together though he supposed that’s why those two teams made it to the final. Then it was finally time for them to head back to camp so Cyrus could swiftly pretend to be asleep before heading back and getting one last meeting in with the others before officially being stuck at Hogwarts. Only that didn’t get to happen. That didn’t get to happen because before the game was even over for an hour all hell began to break loose. People were screaming , fires were roaring, fights broke out all around them. It was truly a fucking hell scape.

Then the words death eaters escaped Drus lips and Cyrus didn’t even think, he knew one place he had to go. Harry. “Hunter do you know where your family’s tent was?” He felt frantic, looking over to the red haired man with an exasperated look. An answer didn’t come quick enough, people were already mobbing as the ran and Cyrus didn’t have time to wait. From his pocket Cyrus produced his wand and a tiny broom, with a quick flick of his wand the broom grew to normal size and he quickly jumped on. “I’ll find them okay? Just follow me yeah?” Cyrus rose into the air, not far but enough to get a decent look and not crack anyone’s skull. In the distance he could see a group of three ginger haired people and that seemed like his best bet.

Weasley

After drinks Hunter had bit his tongue and did his best to just hang back. What Dru had said got under his skin. What did she know? What their family lacked in money they made up for in love. Dru and the rest of her clan were always so crass, cold and uptight, the same could be said for the Gaunts! Well, save for Larkyn, but he was the exception. Hunter would never give up his family for any amount of money. What Hunter did make as a dragon tamer he always sent home, not that it was much. Surprisingly 'creature tamer' didn't make the best of money, but his dad always taught him to follow his heart. He'd never want to be in a family like theirs. Hell, he'd be with his family right now if it wasn't for the trauma he had been through.

It was then that all hell broke loose. Fire was something he could deal with, the man had pissed off his fair share of fiery beasts, but the death eater masks sent absolute terror to every inch of his body. No. "No fucking way." Hunter ran a desperate hand through his hair as he started to sweat. His arm wasn't burning, that was a good sign. But the fact that they were here? The fact that his family was here? Ginny, Fred, George, Ron. All his younger, more vulnerable siblings who could easily be subjected to the same torture he endured... over his dead fucking body.

"M-My familys tent? No I have no clue where they-- dude what are you doing?" What was up with Cyrus? Why was he asking about his family? Before Hunter could even get a word in edgewise Cyrus was flying off into the crowd. Their group was quickly dwindling and while he wished he could see everyone back to the portkey safely, he also needed to protect his siblings. "Wait up man!"

The tall red headed man took off into the screaming crowd and followed after Cyrus. Why were they here? What did they want? Hunter's mind raced a mile a minute, so much that he didn't think of anything to say to his family. He emerged from the crowd and found himself face to face with the Ginny, George, and Fred. "I-, uh, are you guys okay?" Hey, I haven't seen you lot in a godo five years, hope you're doing well when all this terrifying shit is happening. "We can catch up later, yeah? Right now I've got to get you kids safe. Did Ron get separated from you? Where's mom and dad?" Hunter just needed to know everyone was safe, but it was still a weight off his shoulders seeing these three unharmed.

Loire.

Death Eaters. The words sent shivers down the white haired woman's body, she knew of them all too well. Her father had tried on a few occasions to honor her obligations as a pure blood witch. Loire would have never survived the physical requirements it took to be an auror, she really had no interest in hunting down dark wizards, but she was a impressive and powerful witch that the group sought to recruit. Just because she was a bitch didn't mean that she wanted to be apart of their evil group.

The sight of the masks sent a shiver down the pale woman's spine. Go with Dru. Who the hell did he think he was talking to like that? For a second Loire considered listening to her brother, the girl was terrified of fire and she wanted nothing of this place. But then Cyrus bailed and it triggered something in her. Yes, she wanted to kick his ass, but she didn't want him to get hurt. Plus, what the hell was he up to? All the secrets, and why was he obsessing over the Weasleys?! "Yeah, not happening. Go ahead to the port key without me, Dru." Hunter was the next to go and that meant it was Loire's turn. Quickly she disappeared into the crowd in attempts to catch up to Cyrus but found herself being bumped into at each turn.

Without so much as another thought her small form shapeshifting into a black, long haired cat with her big, blue eyes. Soft paws met the dirt and took off as fast as she could through the crowd, jumping up on a few boxes before making her way to the top of the burning tents. Loire hated fire, but she wasn't losing Cyrus again, she just kept telling herself that as she hopped one tent to the other. Unfortunately for her Cyrus was one of the few people that knew of Loire's shapeshifting form, luckily enough for her he seemed way too focused to even notice her.

Once Cyrus stopped flying she hopped onto the ground and watched from besides a tent. Why did he look so distraught? Him and the Weasley's were never good friends!

Sapphira

After the game Sapphira was still so excited, she was hoping that she didn't get on everyone's nerves with her spirit. It had been forever since she seen such a good game with such great company! Back at home she was all work and had barely any time to socialize, so when she did she made the most of it. She was on such a high she didn't notice the smell of smoke until Delaney spoke up. Before she could even respond to her best friend though she heard loud screaming and instantly froze. What was happening? This wasn't part of the ceremony, right? Dru mentioned death eaters and Saph felt her stomach turn. Even the mudblood knew those were never good.

"W-Wait! Delaney! Don't run off like that on your own!" Maybe she should have waited to see if Larkyn had a better plan, but Saph was not letting Delaney do dangerous things like this all alone!

Unfortunately for Saph she realized she was absolutely horrible at following people. She ran around for a while helping direct people to the exit, hoping that she'd find Delaney in that whole process. At least Saph was always calm under pressure. "Oh, shoot. Delaney, where'd you go?" It was just as she gave a heavy sigh did she hear a crying nearby. Her heart instantly broke, and despite all the flames, smoke, and ash flying about Saph found herself running towards the crying. It led to a tent that was up in flames, crying and coughing being heard from inside.

As usual, the red headed woman acted on instinct and ran straight into the burning tent. "Come here!" Sapphira coughed quietly as she found the a small child towards the back of the tent. Quickly she picked up the crying child and pulled out her wand from her pocket so she could aguamenti the fire that was in their way of the exit. Luckily enough for the two of them the girls parents had ran up to them to take the girl to safety. "Oh, dammit. I hope everyone else is safe."

S. Longbottom

“Oh, so you two can make jokes?” Seb couldn’t help but chuckle lightly at the couple linked by their arms. Their relationship confused Seb to know end. He himself had never had an official girlfriend but, Hell, he was far more affectionate with just his flings! But, to each their own. Whatever made them happy, he was just happy that (most) everyone was having a good time. “Who can spend all day training for a game when we were too worried about our studies?” The tall dark haired man gave a small stretch and a yawn. He needed a good nap after this.

The smell of smoke hit him as soon as Delaney spoke up. The scream sent him into instant guard mode; he may have been a ravenclaw but that didn’t mean he wasn’t fit to help people. Especially at the mention of death eaters! His thoughts instantly went to Neville and Gran, and for once he was thankful she was always over protective of the boy. The thought of what those monsters did to his aunt and uncle, the memories of visiting them in the hospital, he wasn’t going to let them torture anyone if he could help it. He was probably more fit for a rescue squad as opposed to Delaney and Sapphira. So, there went his first reaction on to keep the girls safe. “Dammit girls.” With a heavy sigh he noticed that everyone had pretty much split up. “Dru, just, port key. Yeah? I’ll meet back with the girls.”

And with that said he was off darting through the crowd. There was screaming and yelling flooding his senses, flames and ash preventing him from seeing much of anything. Just as he stopped to help guide a few frantic students was when he spotted Delaney directing people to the tree line. As long as she was safe then he’d be able to make himself useful and help out. “This way!” Seb lifted his wand in the air to create an orb of light that people could hopefully see through the chaos. Thankfully, it seemed to help. As everyone followed his light he too directed them to the tree line until there weren’t any people in his line of sight.

“Hey are you okay?” Seb quickly deposited his want back into his pocket as he jogged over to Delaney. He was quick to look her over to see if she was hurt at all, his brows furrowed with worry. “Does anything hurt? Did you get burned at all? Any scrapes, cuts?” Was if obvious he was a worry wart? Neville often referred to him as one.

Druella Malfoy

Death Eathers were quite literally the demons in Dru's nightmares, only they were worse than that to her, they were real. They were in her home, eating at her dinner table, they shared her blood. Back during the first wizarding war her father was one, her aunt, too many family members to count on both her mother and fathers side. The only reason her father wasn't locked up with the others in Azkaban was because he convinced the Ministry that he was under the imperius curse during everything he did. Dru for one had never fully believed it... especially since she knew the man had held onto his death eaters mask and kept it on display in his study at the manor. When Larkyn came up and shook her it took Dru a minute to realize what he was saying, finally snapping out of it she turned and looked at him with a scowl before he ran off to help. Delaney and Sapphira had gone off as well. Then before she knew it Cyrus was off on a broom with Hunter and Loire shortly after and it was just herself and Seb standing there. Then he too was gone after also directing her to the portkey.

"Wait a minute!" Dru yelled after him, first off she didn't want to go to the damn tent! She wanted to help! She wanted to waltz right up to those scary cloaked assholes and curse the shit out of the lot. Second, she didn't know where she was going. They say go to the tent like it's so damn easy! They all looked the same before the fucking fire and insanity, you think she could tell what she was looking for now? The woman turned on her heels, ready to make her way in whatever direction to try and figure it out when suddenly a shadow of black smoke erupted in front of her and turned into a death eater, blocking her path.

Just swell.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Dru quickly shot the spell in the direction of the man, watching him drop just as others arrived to be his back up. Time to go. She shot a spell at their feet to blind them for a moment before darting off in the opposite direction, bumping between people as they all rushed to get away from the chaos. A few bumps later she found herself being pushed out of the crowd and into a group of ginger haired folk with Cyrus hovering above them looking around the area. "I don't really think you guys have time for a bloody family reunion right now!" Dru shouted, looking around and noticing the area getting clearer of people and more and more full of fire and danger. Then not a moment later did she see a flash of a spell heading straight for them, hitting the ground around them and causing a huge blow that sent her to the ground flat on her back. "Shit!" Dru yelped, taking a moment to sit back up after the shock that went through her system. That was going to hurt later, as was the weight that was holding down her left arm. She turned and saw a young girl, presumably a Weasley due to the striking hair color, she must have been tossed as well by the blast... she appeared to be breathing and her eyes were open, just looked stunned as Dru was. "Come on girlie, we need to move." Quickly looking around it was quickly apparent that the others were out of reach, either blown away as well or maybe Dru and the young Weasley had just really gotten it bad.

"Come on, let's stand. What's your name?" Dru tried her best to be calm, standing up with a small wince and reaching out to pull the girl up. "Ginny." "Ginny? Pretty name, I'm Dru. Let's get you out of here okay?" She gave her an awkward smile before reaching out with her non-wand hand and taking the girls. She was likely at least 13 but Dru didn't want her to get lost or pulled away. Nearby Dru could see a stream of light leading a pathway to the trees and could vaguely make out the outline of Delaney and Seb as they directed people. "This way."

The two of them made their way quickly but carefully through the debris and flames, they were close to the end of the camp and the small bit of clearing before the forest when Dru heard a landing behind them. Without thinking she yanked Ginny forward and pushed her slightly, telling her to move before turning and pulling her wand on the singular tall Death Eater who stood with his own wand pulled. Only, he faltered. Instantly Dru had a sinking feeling, there was no reason for him to not attack her unless he recognized her... albeit that could be plenty of people. Her family was well known, especially in that sub-sector of the wizarding world. But somehow Dru just knew... she knew it was her father. "Leave her be. Leave all those people who made it be. Haven't you already done enough?" Dru spoke softly but the anger in her voice was clear. "If you don't walk away now, I'll kill you myself. I swear it." Then he apparated away. When Dru turned around she realized Ginny had stopped half way to wait, her own wand pulled. "I told you to go! Now come on." Then the two of them ran together, making it to the cover of the dark trees and collapsing against one in a huff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back