• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy +lumos; becoming the light+ (Closed)

Characters
Here
Loire Gaunt

This hadn't been the first lie she told her Larkyn by any means, especially about her and Cyrus's escapades. Loire was a prefect; perfect grades, decorum beyond reproach, and a prestigious name to live up to. She couldn't be caught sneaking around with comedic prankster like Cyrus, she didn't blame him for not recruiting her at first. However, the first time she caught him in action during one of his ridiculous pranks all she could do was laugh so hard it nearly cramped her lungs. Her world was black and white, there was no time nor the need for laughter like that. Loire was on prefect duty that day and just waved him off, under the condition of course that the next time he included her. So whenever he had a bright idea (or lack there of at times), Loire got to tag along and get a good giggle out of the whole thing. Larkyn would of scolded the both of them, at least that's what she told herself.

Leaving Larkyn behind today caused her heart to ache. Had they been excluding him again? Wasn't it for his benefit? Leave him out of this until it was safe to bring him in... that had to be it. That didn't ease the guilt weighing on her as they made their exit. Her pensive blue eyes glanced back at Larkyn and for a moment she thought to tell him the truth. but it wasn't exactly her truth to tell. Cyrus was the one protecting Potter, Loire was just an extra set of eyes.

"Here, this way." It seemed as if Nikolay wasn't letting up. Loire quickly made her way around a few corners until they came upon a large portrait of a white haired professor, a Gaunt no less. The older gentleman looked down at Loire with an exasperated sigh before waving his hand. The portrait parted from the wall slightly to reveal a hidden passage. "So I was thinking," as the pair made their way into the tight corridor that led all over the castle the portrait closed behind them, "we should tell Larkyn. If you're not comfortable telling him about Potter I get it, but we should at least tell him about us." Animagus eyes quickly adjusted to the pitch black, her fingers moving to lace together with his to guide him through the dark corridor.

"If he gets mad I'll take the fall. I like to think he'll be happy for us though?" Soon the two of them began to move down a set of stairs, Loire keeping close to Cyrus to make sure he didn't fall. She could've easily cast lumos, but, she liked being his eyes. The stairs spiraled for a good minute, and before too long Loire was pushing open a door. It was an old stone room underneath the lake, large vaulted windows for a spectacular view, and a greenish hue to the ceiling from the plant life in the room. There was a green velvet couch, an old clawfoot table with matching green chairs, and floor to ceiling bookshelves that lined the rest of the room.

She always assumed this room had to be a study of some sorts hundreds of years ago, but it was a room only the Gaunt's had access to now. On the table there was trays of food she nabbed from the kitchen, and on the couch were some blankets because it got chilly down there. "I don't even think Larkyn knows about this room, so we should be good to stay here for the day."

Sapphira

The tone in Dru's voice had caused the pretty red heads shoulders to stiffen. She was trying so, so hard to keep her excitement at bay when around him, especially around Dru! Sapphira was just a friendly person, her feelings aside she'd still be enthusiastic to spend time with Larkyn. A part of her felt bad; she was sure that he'd rather be with his twin or best friend, but he got stuck with her. Again. The other part of her though absolutely loved spending every minute she could with him. Once this year was done they'd go back to their lives, occasionally catching up with a postcard every now and then. The thought turned her stomach. It was the truth though. Hell, she probably wouldn't even get an invite to his and Dru's wedding considering she was a muggle. "Yeah of course, I'd love to join you."

"Have a good day everyone. Seb you take good care of Delaney, you hear?" Always the protective big sister even if she was the younger one. Actually she was sure sleeping with the guy she was head over heels for made her a bad big sister, that one also hurt her heart. It wasn't like their was anything romantic between the two, just a way to pass the time and to ease the loneliness. Plus, every teenager made big mistakes in their life. That was hers, and her biggest secret she'd take to the grave. It would never happen again. Sapphira smiled and leaned against Larkyn's seat as everyone began to leave,

Once they were alone Sapphira chimed in again. "I know crashing your sister's date is probably a little awkward, and organizing books sounds dreadfully dull, but I'm more than happy to join. If we all help out I'm sure we can get it done quick, and then you could spend some time with them. You miss them, right?" That had to be why he was scowling. Her sister dating his best friend, it was weird. They could all make it totally work! Of course she didn't know that the two were seeing each other, but the way they looked at each other was a bit obvious. "Let's go~" With a cheerful smile she was bouncing off down the stairs and out the door. She wouldn't hear any objections.

Out the staff wing past the crazy guy making a scene about his wife, down the hall, through the courtyard and straight to the library. She knew Hogwarts was full of secrets, twists, and turns, but she only knew the main paths. Surely it was long enough Cyrus and Loire to find their way there. However once there it seemed the place was empty? "Loooooire where are you?" Not behind the counter. Not on the first floor. The place was as quiet as, well, a library.

Weasley.

As soon as his eyes landed on Dru all the nerves and doubts about the visit with his parents faded. Fancy clothes, hair, accessories didn't ever impress him. While Hunter could easily afford things like that now (dragon capture paid rather handsomely), he always remembered his humble roots. There was no need for flashy when you could be functional, right? At least that's how he saw it. He never faulted anyone for their tastes, he didn't think a second thought about it usually, but damn. Seeing Dru dress like all normal like that? It brought out her beautiful features even more. The way her straight platinum locks framed her stunning facial features, even those striking emerald orbs popped more than usual. It took his breath away as she moved into the room.

"You, uh, look exquisite." The words slipped from his mouth as she approached him, not even registering her words at first. His cheeks heated slightly and he quickly cleared his throat, hoping that no one had heard him. "Y-Yes, we all know I have no sense of style. I was thinking plaid pants with a polka dot jacket, yeah? That might make a statement." Hunter chuckled nervously as he spoke a bit louder for everyone to hear, especially Larkyn-- he was sure the white haired man wouldn't be thrilled to hear that she was visiting another mans parents.

The concern in her voice caused him to smile, the red headed man returning words with a small nod. If only she knew why he was avoiding his family she'd understand why he was so nervous. But, her positivity was infections. If she was there he could concur this. "Right-o. On our way." Out of his handy satchel he threw some floo powder in the air over their heads. The next thing they knew they were standing in front of the tall, crooked home. The house had been stacked so high that it had a slight lean to it, the red roof had five chimneys to it, and it looked to be held together by pure magic. Several fat chickens pecked their way around the grassy yard, and there was an old, rusty cauldron on the front porch next to a pile of rain boots.

Dru was a far, far way from the Malfoy Manor. Before he knew it his large hand reached down to give hers a squeeze, needing her strength to get moving. "Let's just do this, yeah?" Internally Hunter was psyching himself up as he stepped up the creaking steps and right into the house. "Mum, I'm home--" Whoosh. Thank Merlin Hunter had the reflexes to move him and Dru to the side, narrowly missing a dress shoe to the head. "Oh you dodge one wee shoe and think you're out of the woods? I have more where that comes from young man. I have half a mind to shackle ya' to the table and never let you leave again, you troublesome--" The short red headed woman with a wavy bob immediately stormed over to greet Hunter (shoe in hand), and moved to strike her spawn in the chest with it.

"Mum- Mum, we have a guest! Meet Druella Malfoy, goes by Dru. Works in the ministry like dad, and Percy, but she's in the education department. All my creatures love her. AND she saved Ginny's hide over the summer." Hunter stepped further into the house with Dru, a nervous and hopeful smile on his face. They had a lot to talk about, plenty of lies to be said, but Molly always wanted to make good first impressions. "I, uh, Malfoy?" The woman looked a little shocked, but quickly shook out her head. "Come in, come in before you catch your death. Are you hungry, Dru? Thirsty? I'll put on a pot of tea. Arthur! We have a guest!"

Phew. Crisis averted. Hunter shot Dru a relieved look before motioning her inside to the couch for a seat.

S. Longbottom

"If you're getting up there in age Gaunt then Gran swears by knitting." While the boys waited and apparently poked fun at Larkyn he couldn't help but give a small chuckle. As if on cue the girls began to file out of the room one by room and Sebastian quickly stood to his feet, smoothing out any wrinkles his suit might've gotten from sitting so long. Gently he pulled the reading glasses off of his face and folded them up, though all for naught. As soon as his eyes landed on Delaney he dropped the round pair of glasses to the ground. He was sure that they cracked and he didn't give a single fuck.

Delaney looked... magnificent. For a damned moment the man forgot to breath, he felt all the air leave his body in a gasp as he visibly stared at her. Of course she always looked beautiful covered in dirt half the time, it never changed the way he looked at her or the love that he felt. He loved gardening, he loved her natural and not forced beauty. The way those chocolate curls cascaded down her shoulders though, the way the vibrant fabric clung to her more than her normal attire, and the way the makeup complimented those features? Sebastian had never felt his heart swell like this. At the same time there was a twisting feeling in his stomach, he physically started sweating just by watching the sway in her hips as approached him. Was he about to throw up? No. No, play it cool, Seb.

"I'm sorry, what?" He was like a stupid love drunk boy. "Oh, running late? No worries. I needed to do some paperwork anyways." Quickly Seb picked up his now shattered glasses and tossed them on top of the paperwork. He'd handle that later. Quietly he cleared his throat as she mentioned how nice he looked, his face a bright, crimson red. "Me? Please. You look phenomenal, Delaney. Oh, here. So we can match." With a warm smile he plucked one of the vibrant lilies and tucked it behind her ear. It contrasted her hair beautifully. Gently he reached for his hand afterwards, completely ignoring Sapphira as she told him to take care of Delaney. Of course he would. "Let's go see Gran and Neville, yeah?"

Suddenly the pair of them apparated and appeared in front of Augusta Longbottom's cabin nestled in the forest. It was a picturesque two story log cottage with a greenhouse attached to the back. Before he reached for the door with his free hand he paused. Was he nervous? Rightfully so. It had taken Sebastian years to summon the courage to ask Delaney out on a date. Fuck, it had taken her years to take him seriously! He wouldn't fuck this up, he wouldn't ruin their family dynamic. He treasured her far too much, but... would Gran convince her otherwise? It terrified him to no end.

"Delaney we're just stopping in real quick, okay? Remember Gran is a bit crotchety in her old age, don't let her convince you not to come out with me tonight. Okay?" Seb looked down at Delaney as he gave her a reassuring squeeze, a hopeful smile on his face as he gazed into her eyes. "Let's get your dress." With an encouraging breath he stepped into the cabin, instantly eyeing Neville on the couch sipping some tea. "Hey there's my favorite little cousin! Don't think I haven't noticed you dodging me at school. At least here you can't get away from me." Seb was quick to tussle his hair as they approached the couch, Neville quick to give a small groan and eye roll. Typical teenager.

Last edited:
Larkyn Gaunt

Oh everyone thought they were just so funny. Larkyn snapped his book shut and glowered up at Cyrus then Sebastian. “Fuck you both.” He said, though there was a hint of a smile in his flat voice. He reminded himself they were just teasing him and despite his terrible mood as of late, it felt nice to have them actually joke around even if it was at his expense. Everyone was soon splitting off, Dru and Hunter first. Larkyn looked at the spot they had disappeared from for a long moment before shaking his head and glancing at Sebastian as the man dropped his glasses. “Smooth.” He snorted, watching as the two of them disappeared as well. That left him and Sapphira.

Sapphira offer made him stare at her, then blink before taking a moment to respond. He was shocked that she had noticed when the two people, hell three people he missed so dearly didn’t even realize. “I do.” He stated simply, a look of surprise washing over his features. “I would actually love that if you don’t mind, I know she said it would be boring but you’re right. I feel like I haven’t seen her this entire year thus far.” His sister was always away at school but somehow being here always around the people he usually talked with, it was like they were further away than ever. “Thank you for joining me, being willing to spend a boring day for my sake.” Larkyn smiled earnestly and headed out towards the library with Sapphira.

On the way they encounter his sisters idiot fiancé, a man who Larkyn thanked the gods was an idiot and didn’t recognize him so that they were able to easily go on their way. Once in the library things were quiet, which wasn’t too unusual for a library but considering he expected to find Cyrus and Loire somewhere he expected a bit of a ruckus. “It’s a large place I supposed. Maybe they’re somewhere else?” Sapphira had called out but maybe they didn’t hear them? The two of them set out and searched but after fifteen minutes had only found plenty of disapproving students and Peeves.

“Well.” Larkyn said, suddenly very annoyed at the situation. Where in the hell had they gone? “I guess I’m sorry I dragged you here when apparently I’m the fool in the situation. Maybe we should just head back, or oh I don’t know.” He groaned, taking a seat on a nearby bench and holding his head in his hands. This wasn’t this hard at home, coming here had made things so confusing and strange and he hated it. Larkyn was type a to a fault and all this change and weirdness was making his head constantly spin. “Thank you for spending all this time with me, it’s actually been great. Everything here is just-“ He paused thinking, “It’s like we’re back in time but not all at once. Cyrus and Loire are shutting me out of something, running around like we all used to only I’m on the outs. Dru is letting all these things show, the person she was when she was a student and away from home but hanging out with the last person on earth I would have thought. And I-“ he stopped, realizing he was rambling. “Sorry. Let’s just, let’s go get some food.”

Druella “Dru” Malfoy

Was it strange that she was nervous? Dru was nearly shaking at how worried she was about this small outing, though she tried her hardest to not show it. She knew Hunter was scared, worried about how the reunion would go and it wasn’t fair to be nervous herself. But she was- she wanted them to like her, she realized. There was a lot of animosity between their two families over the years, her father was awful to his parents and she knew Draco was a brat to his siblings. Dru had always gotten along with Arthur Weasley, actually she would even seek him out on occasion for someone to chat with whenever she was in that area of the Ministry. She thought he liked her but who knew, maybe he was just a polite man. “Exquisite?” Dru hummed, flashing a grin that surprised even her as she looked up at Hunter. “It’s nothing special.” Then they were off without much more talking.

Floo powder always made her sneeze, as they arrived outside the house she let out a sharp on before shaking it off and looking around. A heavy breath escaped her, “It’s - wow.” Dru marveled at he house, a small bit of wonder in her eyes as she took it all in. “It’s wonderful actually. Just- wow.” It was all she could say, the home didn’t make structural sense but that was magic for you. It was all strange twists of wood and warm tones, ones that as Dru looked upon it instantly made her feel safe. She glanced at Hunter, a twinge of jealousy as she wondered what it was like to grow up here instead of the cold looming halls of Malfoy Manor. He reached out and took her hand with a squeeze that caused her insides to turn, her face warming as she squeezed back. “Ready.”

They made their way inside and Dru was once again in wonder as she looked around, she was a witch and grew up surrounded by magic but this was something else. Pots and pans cleaned themselves in the kitchen and against the wall she saw a large grandfather clock, each of its many hands adorned with the face of one of the seven Weasley children. Before she could say anything Hunter was moving her to the side, Dru protested for a moment until she head the thunk of an object dropping behind her.

Dru turned to see Molly Weasley, a woman Dru only knew in passing, reading to throw another shoe at her son. Then she was charging towards them, Hunter quickly mentioning Drus presence in an attempt to protect himself. “Oh- yes! It’s so nice to meet you Mrs. Weasley, your home is absolutely beautiful.” She shone a smile that she hoped showed she meant it, that the words despite coming from someone with the Malfoy last name weren’t meant to be condescending or rude, she really meant it. It felt so warm in here, not temperature wise but just in general. It smelled of fire and wood, vanilla and cinnamon. It smelled like how people explained family felt. Molly stammered a bit and only repeated Drus last name at first, making her feel a bit defeated before they even started. However she thankfully followed up by welcoming them in.

“Ah! Tea would be lovely ma’am. And I know I ate this morning but Hunter slept through breakfast.” Dru looked at him with a sly grin, ushering him forward and into the house fully before taking off her jacket and hanging it on a nearby hook that bent to meet her. Just absolutely lovely it was here.

Delaney Wilson

“Seb!” Delaney let out a small gasp as she moved to try and catch his glasses as they slipped from his grasp. She missed by a hair as cringed as they shattered against the ground, whoops. Delaney looked back up to him, still slightly bent but now frozen as she listened to him. He beat her to picking up the glasses and after a moment Delaney finally straightened up, her face pink from the compliment. All morning she had refused to believe the other women, refused to get her hopes up about their outing today and refused to let her heart slip back to that place where it was too hard to ignore how insanely in love with him she was. It was hard, it was hard to be in love with someone who had been such an integral part of your life. It was scary to even think about trying to evolve into something new, something that may ruin whatever it was you had. But as Sebastian gently placed the lily behind her ear, his slightly calloused fingers barely moving over her skin, everything she tried to block out shattered the wall she created.

“Seb-“ Delaney said softly, her hand reaching up to secure the flower a bit before smiling over at him. Then her hand took his and the two of them were off, a swirl of magic surrounding them and then they were standing in front of the familiar cabin. Sebastian spoke first, causing her to shift uncomfortably. He was right, the woman was a bit moody and had only gotten worse in recent years but she still loved them all dearly. Though now she suddenly felt like the wanted to go roll in the mud so it wouldn’t look like Delaney had tried so hard. She already knew the look she would get, the same look her and Sebastian ever got when they spent too much time together.

“Right.” Delaney sighed softly, making her way up the cobblestone path and inside. Neville was the first to be spotted, home on a short break while classes were paused for the holiday. Delaney gave him a small wave, smiling brightly at the boy before moving further into the house to find Gran. The older woman was seated in he kitchen, fussing over a large mass of yellow fabric that made Delaney wince just looking at it. It was garishly bright, covered in patchwork flowers and looked like something a young child would wear if it wasn’t 20 sizes to big for a toddler. “Gran?” She said gently, not wanting to startle the woman as she approached with a gentle smile.

Dell! “ The older woman cheered, clapping her hands together before standing up to take the young woman by the face and kiss her cheeks. “Well don’t you just look so pretty!” In the other room she finally noticed voices, first young Neville and then Sebastian. It was a realization that made her look over Delaney once more with a sadder expression, one that she often got when she thought about the two eldest of her adopted children. “Del…” The woman sighed and ran her hands over the child’s arms before taking her hands. “I hope you two are just out having a good day, you know you two are such good friends. Family even.” It was always her goal to raise them all as her own, but Delaney was a little different… she didn’t know it but Delaney had a family that the older woman needed to protect them all from… which meant keeping the two apart. “Here let’s look at your dress!”

It was atrocious. Delaney didn’t say that though, she told the woman how beautiful and lovely it was, how much she appreciated her sewing her a gown. Though Delaney knew if she wore this thing she would be a laughing stock. Sapphira would have a heart attack just looking at it! She smiled though, fighting through the worry of the dress and the pain of the clear intention behind Grans words. She never liked the idea of her and Sebastian being anything more than friends, family. She didn’t ever explain why but it always made Delaney feel guilty. Made her feel like maybe Gran didnt think she was good enough for him… which maybe that was true.

Delaney looked out into the other room where Sebastian and Neville talked, a ghost of a smile on her thin lips as she took the boxed up dress from Gran. “Seb, you ready? I got the dress but I need to head into town for shoes, I grew out of all my dress shoes a long time ago and never really needed to get new ones.” Plus she hoped she could find something on a professors salary on short notice to replace the garish dress she held in her arms.

Cyrus

“What?” Cyrus stammered, moving to a halt as they entered the room that Loire had led them to through the winding turns and tunnels. Telling Larkyn sounded literally awful. “I mean, I can’t tell him about Harry.” He said it with a sound of finality, his face twisting slightly. It wasn’t about trust, it was about Larkyn and his job. He would be bound to duty to say or do something and if Cyrus was wrong, hell even if he was right it could end with Larkyn losing his job that he had worked so hard for. But then there was the other part of Loires statement, the one that was really scary. “Do you really want to?” Telling Larkyn made this all very real, it wouldn’t go over well at first and Cyrus knew that but he hoped that it would eventually be okay. That eventually his best friend would accept it and be okay. Whatever Cyrus and Loire were, it would change a lot of things, not just her relationship status.

Cyrus moved to Loire, his hands gently taking hold of her face. Her skin was stark pale against his tanned hands, a contrast that made him smile slightly as he looked down at her. Physically the two of them were opposites, Cyrus had tanned olive skin and dark eyes and hair, Loire was all pixie like and pale in every aspect; skin, platinum hair and bright blue eyes. She was gorgeous. So much so that it took him a moment to tear his eyes away from her and look around the secret room. Gaunt family secrets just kept adding up huh. He looked over at the couch, the area held all the supplies that Loire had apparently gathered earlier today for the two of them. “I don’t think he’ll be mad.” Cyrus said softly as his hand moved to take hers, leading to the couch and sitting down before getting comfortable with her.

“I just want to figure out a way to have it all and I’m struggling to do it.” Cyrus laughed curtly as he shoved a hand through his messy dark locks, “I mean how to have Larkyn keep his status and career, his marriage if he even wants it, his family even though your parents kind of suck. But also for you to escape all of that, all those things you don’t want to be a part of. For you to be able to be with me. I just want it all and I’m scared to tell him because I know how logical he is, I know he will instantly start planning and thinking. I want to prepared so he doesn’t lose his fucking mind.”

Sapphira

There was no words to describe her disappointment in the situation. Larkyn needed his sister and friend and, and they just ditched him! Anger wasn't something she felt often but, in this moment, she felt it bubbling up in her stomach. It took everything in her to take a deep breath and bury it down. Now wasn't the time for her emotions. "Larkyn you have nothing to apologize for." Bright green eyes blinked widely as Sapphira made her way down the stairs, having scoured the second floor once more in hopes to find a sign they were there. Why was he apologizing? Larkyn had every right to be upset with what was happening. He had done nothing wrong!

As she listened to him speak her heart shattered. Quietly Sapphira moved to sit at his side so she could listening to him ramble on. He just needed someone to be there for him. Her thin arms wrapped around his shoulders as he apologized once more, her favorite jasmine and vanilla perfume on her skin more than noticeable from this distance. Flaming red, curly locks smelled faintly of her coconut conditioner. "I'm so sorry Larkyn. You deserve better." Her kind voice was sincere, her delicate hand smoothing out his white hair a couple times in attempts to comfort him. His sister and best friend were running off together, Dru was fawning over Hunter. Everyone was leaving Larkyn on the outs and all Sapphira could do was her piss poor attempts at cheering him up. Flying brooms, skipping rocks, it meant so much to her but deep down she knew that it would never fix the absence of his loved ones. She was just a silly muggle girl after all, what could she do to really fix his issues?

Sapphira parted from the hug, emerald eyes scanning the area to make sure no one was watching before her soft fingertips touching his cheek ever so lightly. Soft, plump glossed lips pressed sweetly to his cheek for a lingering peck. It... was all she knew to do to cheer him up. It also made her heart drum loudly in her chest. "You know if we were in the states I'd take you to a bar to drink your feelings away. I suppose food will have to do." A quiet giggle passed her lips as she gently wiped away the shining gloss from his cheek with her thumb.

They were far more alike than one would think. It seemed Larkyn was always putting everyone first, just like Sapph did. That was a heavy burden on one's shoulders, it was frustrating and tiring more often than not. Gently she took his hand, laced her fingers together with his, and took off for the great hall. She wasn't quite sure what kind of snacks they'd have at this time but, she was sure they'd find something!

Last edited:
Loire Gaunt

It was hard being a twin, especially in a noble household like the Gaunt's. Simply put, it wasn't about her. If it were the case of just simply leaving she would've done that as soon as she became of age-- she would have done it sooner if given the choice. Already she knew she was a burden on Larkyn, how much he protected her from things she probably didn't even know about. While she protected him the best she could Loire physically wasn't able to do much, her parents most likely used her as a bargaining tool to get Larkyn to comply to most things. Lungs scarred maliciously by their mother as a babe, the doctors at St. Mungo's said it was a miracle she survived least of all to adulthood.

Still, she was his twin and could feel the emotions he suppressed. Loneliness, anger, and as of late his feelings were all over the place. It was exhausting enough to feel second hand, she wanted to help him more than anything. And if the truth would help him then, she'd take whatever repercussions they had waiting for them. For the moment Cyrus held her face she felt a dejected sad smile tug at her pretty features, bright blue orbs fixed on his features. He was worth it, he was worth convincing Larkyn and Dru to leave their lives. Loire couldn't leave without her sibling, and she knew he wouldn't leave without helping Dru. Loire would make it all happen to stay with Cyrus.

"I think you're neglecting to realize how lonely he's been over the year you've been gone," Loire sighed as they sat on the velvet couch together, her wand waving and the small marble fireplace lit with a crackling fire. Larkyn would definitely be pissed. She leaned against him, her tired eyes closing over as she quietly listened. He wanted Loire to leave, but Larkyn to... what? Stay in the family? The small woman nearly went feral. “What? No.” She jumped a cushion away from Cyrus, her bright eyes narrowing up at him with a quick shake of the head. "If I leave the family won't give Larkyn the choice in becoming a death eater. He'll be leaving with me or I can't leave. Won’t leave. Dru too, he won't leave without her."

With a huff she stood and shoved her balled up fists into the deep pockets of her jacket. As she wracked her brain she paced in front of the windows. "I could join them. Be a spy on the inside, make myself somewhat useful. I'd get out of the marriage that way, stay in the family and keep Larkyn safe. At least long enough for us to talk him out of it." At this point she was just thinking out loud, realistically she knew Cyrus would oppose her putting herself in any kind of danger. Too bad she didn't need his permission for anything.

Last edited:
Weasley.

He wished his mother could behave wonderful despite their awkward reunion. A heavy sigh of relief passed his lips as his mother retreated into the kitchen, and for a moment he thought they'd get a break to breath. Up until Dru mentioned breakfast. "Oh-ho, aren't you cute." The red headed man shot her a playful glare as he slipped off his own coat and hung it upon the hook. He had been gone for years yet, this shoddy, magical wooden home was as welcoming as it was the day he left. He supposed he could eat a plate. Or four.

He made his way over to one of the several couches in the living room, a weary smile on his face as his father stood to greet him. "Welcome back son." As Arthur hugged Hunter his eyes landed on Dru and he paused as he pat his son on the back. "Dru Malfoy? Is that you?" The man beamed at the blonde as he did a look over her, obviously surprised by her outfit. Hunter couldn't help but smile brightly as they parted the hug. "Yeah, she's my friend. Doing this silly mentorship at Hogwarts with me." "My son friends with Dru Malfoy, huh. Well welcome to our humble abode! Make yourself at home."

Soon Molly was back with snacks, an obnoxious amount of food as she grumbled something about Hunter looking like he lost weight, and tea. By the time Hunter had finished his third place nearly the whole Weasley crew had popped in. Ron, George, Fred, and of course Ginny. Ginny was quick to run to Dru and give her a hug before dragging her off to show her around the house. All Hunter could do was grin and wave goodbye to her.

He hated lying to his parents, he knew that they could see through his horrible explanation. Busy dragon hunting, he said. At some point they'd call him out on his lies, they had a guest though and they wouldn't make a scene. He anticipated a full blown interrogation at some point, for now Molly handed him the box his suit was folded in, hugged him and welcomed him home. After the heart wrenching hug with his mom he got up, filled with shame and anxiety about the truth, and sought out to save Dru from his sister.

"This is my old room. My room still I guess? I'm technically homeless now that I think about it. Great." As if he didn't feel bad enough. Hunter groaned and ushered Dru into a small room at the top of the house. There was desk that looked like it was hardly touched, a simple metal bed with a homemade gryffindor quilt, several maps and pictures of dragons taped to the wall, and one small window that looked out at the chickens. The room was probably the size of a closet in her manor but, it was always his favorite place. He figured they could take a break there. "Mum likes you. Said that you're invited to all our family get togethers if it means I'd come home more." He let out a small chuckle before leaning against the obnoxious mustard yellow walls. "You doing okay? Is Ginny boring you to death?" He shot her a warm smile. Dru was here, here to help him and he appreciated it more than anything. Just her being here cheered him up.

Last edited:
S. Longbottom

"Come now Neville, you used to always thought I was the coolest cousin ever. What changed?" As Neville rolled his eyes Seb found himself feigning insulted. It was what they say, teenagers were the worst. There wasn't much time to continue to pester his cousin, not as he saw the sheer disappointment on Delaney's face. There was hardly a smile on her face, one he was sure was for Gran's sake, and his heart felt... shattered? The smile on his face instantly faded and he faltered for a moment. Was it something she said? The dress? He felt his stomach tighten. "Of course," he chimed in quickly. Without missing a beat he was next to her, wrapped his hand around her waist to hold her to him gently, and transported them to the entrance of Hogsmeade.

"Now, if I know Gran and her stitchwork her dress is going to be gaudy, something she would wear back in the 60's." Sebastian spoke with a playful grin on his face, hoping to lift up the mood even just slightly. He wanted her to smile, to joke with him, to tell him to fuck off--- something more than that heartbreaking look on her face! "Nothing that suits you and is probably way too big to move in. Now, since it's my intention on asking you to attend the ball with me I need to dress you in something easy to move in. Can't teach the students how to dance with their lady if my lady can't dance, right?" Without waiting for an answer he waved his wand to make the box in her arms disappear. "Don't worry it'll be on your bed waiting for you. Let's pick you out a dress Delaney, something that suits you."

In addition to being a green thumbed, charming pure blood Seb also dabbled in fashion, hence why he always dressed so snappy. He knew which dress shop would have the best of the best dresses. He quickly took her hand and escorted her down the Hogsmeade street, his warm gloved and giving her a encouraging squeeze. He wouldn't let Gran ruin their evening. Delaney deserved to feel beautiful because she was beautiful, he tried to tell her all the time. Hell, he basically confessed his love to her every single day, and either she was completely oblivious to the signs or she didn't return those feelings. He hoped it was the first one.

So the ladies at the shop brought in dress after dress, different colors and designs, all expensive, but all ones that would be lovely and compliment every bit of gorgeousness of Delaney. He didn't intend on letting her spend a single penny though. Seb sat in a velvet blush pink chair so he could see her model each dress, each one looking so stunning it was hard for him to pick his favorite. She didn't seem convinced by one. They wouldn't be leaving until she found the perfect one, the one she liked the most. "How do you feel about this dress, Del?" She had been behind a matching velvet curtain with the dress lady for a while. Seb quietly sipped on some sparkling drink one of the other girls had brought him.

Druella “Dru” Malfoy

Dru simply smirked at Hunter as the two of them made their way further into the home. It was clear that as Arthur stood, he didn’t recognize her at first. That made sense she supposed, at work she was normally her usual prissy self. After a moment Dru could almost see recognition set in and offered the jolly man a tentative smile, “That would be I sir, nice to see you Mr.Weasley.” The continuation of his welcome made her look over at Hunters profile for a long moment, hearing someone say they were friends out loud felt strange. Not in a bad way, but in a way that was actually kind of satisfying. Any of the her supposed friends would have been laughing in her face just at mentioning a Weasley, let alone visiting their home at one’s side.

When the school age siblings arrived for their short break it was Ginny who welcomed her first, warmly at that, as she pulled the woman into a hug that was far too strong for a girl Ginny’s size. Though growing up with six older brothers probably explained that. Then she was being dragged off, though it was probably for the best. Dru wasn’t sure why Hunter was so nervous to see his parents, it had to be something besides his lengthy absence but she had to imagine it was a conversation they should all have without her and his nosy younger siblings present. Ginny showed her everything in the home, it was somehow both large and cramped. Each child had their own room save for the twins but it seemed they preferred it that way. It was actually quite fun being dragged around by the girl, for a few moments Dru got to see what it was like normally between siblings. They all reacted to one another so lovingly, to them it may have seemed like picking fun or being annoying but Dru could see the truth behind the actions. It was nothing like her and Draco, they were like this once a long time ago but now the only form of love between the two was protection, like that of a rabid dog. There was nothing sweet or fun about it .

After a while Hunter had come to rescue Dru from Ginny, much to the poor girls disdain and Dru promised she would come visit her again. And she meant it. It was a realization that hit her as she stood in Hunters old room, glancing around at all the different decor and colors. Dru wanted to come back, she would. She really liked them all, Ginny already held a special place in her heart… so did Hunter. “You’re not homeless. Though that might be better than this tacky Gryffindor obsessed room.” Dru smirked at him before turning towards the bed, her fingers running over the worn fabric of the quilt. Not worn, loved. She stared at the squares of fabric as she listened to Hunter… there was not one single object in her life she could think of that was handmade. Not one that held any special sentimental value. This home was full of them. These people were…

“No!” Dru snapped probably a little too quickly, turning on him with slightly raised brows before laughing and trying to reclaim the cool persona that usually masked her face. “She wasn’t boring it at all, I’m actually having a great time.” She smiled a bright honest smile, turning to face him fully where he stood against the wall. “I would love to join you here again, hearing that Molly doesn’t hate me let alone likes me is like the biggest weight off my shoulders.”

“It’s lovely here, I meant when I told your mother that it’s a beautiful home.” Dru sat down gently on the bed, her long pale fingers fiddling with a loose thread on the quilt once more. “I’ve never set foot in a home that feels like people actually live there, the Manor is…. It’s cold. Not in temperature either. Then the Gaunts, their place is insanely large and the only places that don’t feel like a museum for the dark and twisted are the rooms the twins used to stay in.” Drus eyes darkened slightly, she came from a family who thought themselves so much better than the Weasleys but for what reason? Because they didn’t hate muggles? It made her so angry and tears prickled her eyes, every single one of the Weasleys she had taken the time to know had proven that they were amazing people. “Shit.” She sighed, quickly moving her hand to wipe at her angry tears, trying to hide them before speaking up once more in an attempt to distract from her rage. “Did you get your dress robes?”

Delaney Wilson

Delaney had no doubt in her mind that Gran loved her but the woman always had a way of making Delaney feel… less. Reminding her constantly that she wasn’t really a part of them, not truly. She was in her own way but Delaney would never be blood. She would always be the sad orphan girl who was adopted by this lovely family… she was thankful for that every day, she just wished she could forget it at the same time.

Thankfully Seb got them out of there quickly before Delaney could sink any lower. Next to her he was joking about the dress, causing the corner of her thin mouth to raise slightly in the smallest of smiles. “Oh you know it, it has three dimensional flowers. She even stuffed them. They’re like…. Squishy.” There was a full smile now, Delaneys shoulders shaking in a fake shiver as she thought back on the dress. It was a smile that faltered, fell and froze when Sebastian mentioned taking her to the ball and needing something she could dance in. It was a sentence that made her heart rocket to her throat then instantly fall to her stomach like a rock. He was taking the box from her hands before she could say a single word, hell Delaney didn’t even know if she had made a noise. After a few breaths she put on a smile, one that didn’t quite reach her eyes as she said, “Are you sure you want to be tied down to me all night? I’m hardly a good dancer. Two left feet.”

But Seb took her hand and was leading her through Hogsmeade. Delaney stumbled for a few steps but eventually fell into step besides them, the two of them walking in a comfortable silence. She wished it was like this every day, by his side like this and just spending time. Even menial time, they didn’t need to be doing anything special and that was what was so wonderful about it. Delaney just loved every moment she was with him.

At the shop Delaney was swiftly taken to a dressing room, grilled by two shop attendants and then brought dress after dress. They were all pretty, she felt pretty in nearly all of them and they were all much better that the monstrosity that Gran gave her. But they kept telling her next! The girls said they were looking for IT, not just a pretty dress. They had watched both her and Seb carefully with each showing of a dress and after what felt like hours Delaney was feeling hopeless. Until she asked them to change up what she was looking for.

Delaney had been looking for her typical dress, a shade of yellow or earthy tones, one that wasn’t too tight and didn’t show off too much. But after twenty plus dresses she was tired and told the girls to try something else, maybe something in blue… Seb liked blue. That was when they brought her the most lovely dress Delaney had ever seen. It wasn’t sparkly or adorned with anything expensive. It was tulle and the prettiest shade of light grey blue, hand stitched flowers all over the fluffy material. “It’s gorgeous.” She grinned into the mirror, turning around and looking at the back over her shoulder. That was when she saw the INSANE price tag. “Bloody hell!” She stammered and whipped her head around, checking the tag of a few different dresses that were still hanging in the room. They were all this expensive. Absolutely not. “Oh, I think I just need to think on it Seb! It’s been a long day and I don’t know if I can handle trying on anymore.” She lied through her teeth, checking the dress once more in the mirror before asking the attendant to begin unfastening everything.

Delaney stepped back out to the sales floor back in her normal clothing, her curled locks a bit more mussed due to the amount of dressing and undressing. “I have some contenders.” Lie. “I want to sleep on it and then I’ll come back this weekend to pick one up.” Lie lie lie. Maybe Sapphira would have something suitable for Delaney to wear. Something that didn’t cost an entire years salary for a Hogwarts professor. “It’s getting late, want to get a meal here in the village before heading back to the castle? I could use a drink.” And more time alone, she thought a bit selfishly.

Cyrus

“And you know damn well neither of them will walk away!” Cyrus didn’t want to fight, why were they ALWAYS fighting. He stopped, taking a long breath in through his nose and exhaling through his mouth as he looked up at Loire. He would never claim to know either Dru or Larkyn better than her, it would be stupid and wrong. But he would remind Loire that sometimes her hope and will, outshined theirs. “What you’re saying would be a chain reaction, one that stops dead with Draco. Everything you do and put up with for Larkyn, you have to remember that even if he sucks, Dru has one of those people too.” He stood from the couch, moving to walk to Loire where she stood but stopped dead in his tracks when she began talking about Death Eaters.

“Absolutely not, are you insane Loire?” Cyrus growled, his arms crossing over his chest as he stared down at her. Why was she always so intent on making herself a martyr? “First flaw in that plan is that Larkyn would literally kill himself if you ever went dark. Second is that I would too.” He made an effort to soften his tone as he moved towards her, dropping his arms to his side for a moment before reaching out to gently cradle her face in his hands. “This is why I said I want us to think about everything and come up with some sort of a plan. There’s more than two solutions and somewhere out there is the best one. We haven’t even touched the option of me killing your fiancé and feeding the body to whatever lives in the lake.” Cyrus flashed a goofy grin down at her, only half joking about what he had just said. “You and your brother are different in many ways but you both have a tendency to want to be the person to throw yourself on the fire. Maybe we try and find a way to avoid the fire all together? We have time right now. We don’t need a solution tomorrow.”

At least, Cyrus assumed they had time. He had no clue when this wedding was to take place but even if it was in a week that still gave him six days to come up with something better than Loire giving herself over to the freaks in masks with dumb tattoos. “Let’s sit, please. You did all this nice stuff, can we enjoy it and not argue over this right now? I promise you can bite my head off tomorrow. I just want to spend a nice night with the woman I love.”

Larkyn Gaunt

Larkyn wondered when he got so pathetic, when he turned into this sniveling mess of a man who was crying in the library of his Alma mater. Thank the lord there was no students within ear shot, how confident would they feel knowing that their school auror was a giant child. He hung his head, not wanting to meet Sapphiras gaze as the shame caught up to him. He waited for the judgement or the calm, logical response that he would normally get from his sister or fiancé. But it never came, instead he felt Sapphiras arms go around him and Larkyns back stiffened. Her words were worse, they felt like a hot knife tearing through the ice that had consumed his chest. It was painful but not entirely unpleasant…

When Sapphira pulled away Larkyn felt the urge to hold her there and keep her from moving even a fraction of an inch from him. Then she kissed his cheek and the feeling of the knife returned, gentler this time. “You know Sapphira, bars are not specific to the Americas.” He laughed, it sounded forced. “Though I think getting drunk in Hogsmeade with potential student eyes on us may be a bad plan. However, I may know I guy who kept a contraband bottle or two of fire whiskey in his trunk.” The words came more and more naturally as he spoke, the choked up feeling slowly receding. “I think he might share, if one were interested in such a thing?”

Larkyn stood from the uncomfortable bench and held his hand out to Sapphira. “Come on, I would love some company to keep me from simply drowning my sorrows. I have some cards. Please just-“ Don’t leave me. It sounded so dramatic, especially to be begging of a woman who had no real reason to listen. But he meant it. He wanted her to spend time with him, he didn’t just want someone he wanted her. It was a realization that hit him like a carriage. Running him over once then followed by the other wheels to add more pressure.

The two of them made their way back to where they had come from. Their area of the staff wing was still empty, it hadn’t been that long since everyone had split up this morning. “I’m going to go change into something more suited for a day of drinking, and try and convince Essie to deliver us some snacks from the kitchens. I think the elf still has a soft spot for me. Feel free to wait for me in my room if you want, just let yourself in and I’ll be right back.”

Loire Gaunt

There had to be a way to convince Draco to leave. Twist his arm until he agreed, she knew he wouldn't be willing at first. He was young, dumb, and brainwashed. Of course as Loire listened to Cyrus, not glancing his way or even acknowledging him, she knew it would be a bad idea to do that. All the years of torture, of the twisted ideals her family put in her head, they deluded her good senses when she got like this. Loire didn't even stop pacing until he moved to her, his warm hands cupping her face and causing her to freeze.

As bright blue eyes met dark orbs she felt her jaw clench. She knew Larkyn and Cyrus would hate her being on that side, but it wasn't like Loire agreed with their way of thinking. She would be his informant, keep an eye on their movements and report back to them when it was safe. It would help Cyrus, Sirius, Potter. It made sense in her mind, she didn't quite understand why he was so against it. Loire could take care of herself. He wouldn't listen to her reasoning though, not with that stern look in his eyes. "I'm- sorry." The sentence was broken, completely forced. She didn't want to fight, not with him at least.

"I'm sure even Toast has better taste than that guy." A poor attempt to joke back but it was all she had. A small smile cracked her serious face, finally allowing her to take a deep, calming breath. Her arms snaked around his waist and she simply rested her head against his warm, solid chest with a soft sigh. They had six months until her wedding, it would be shortly after the third task in June. Cyrus was smart, cunning, he'd be able to find a way out of this. Just as she readied herself to part from the safety of his arms he said the word that caused her whole body to tense.

Love. It was a word that Loire had never, ever dared to utter in her life. Not to her twin, certainly not Cyrus. It was a terrifying word. Of course she loved them, but admitting it out loud? It was like admitting a weakness, her biggest fucking weaknesses that someone could use against her. A tightness began to build in her chest, wanting to so desperately say it to him. She just... couldn't. "Okay," slowly her head nodded in agreement as she flashed him a weak smile. "I'm going to finally beat you in Monopoly." The likelihood of that happening was slim to none, one of those damned smiles of his and she was willing to trade any property with him. It happened every time.

Loire made her way back to the plush couch and waved a hand so the board began to set itself up, the money and all pieces organizing themselves. Sparkling cider began to pour into two glass flutes and several kinds of snacks stacked themselves on two plates. "Sit." Loire pulled out a soft Slytherin green blanket and covered both of their laps as they got comfortable next to each other. Gently she picked up the thimble piece and sat it on Go. "So, the Yule ball. I'm expected to go with Nikolay. If you're free however I'd much rather chaperone the kids with you." Silently she peeked over at him, her brows arching curiously. “Of course if you wish me to keep my distance from you and keep Larkyn from suspecting anything I’d understand.”

Last edited:
Sapphira

For a split second there Sapphira swore there was something in his eyes that were asking her to stay. Not just one of the mentors, not some pretty socialite, but her. It caused her to lose her words, her cheeks heating up the crimson color of her hair. It was her imagination though, it had to be. That would be what she kept telling herself to quell the aching in her chest. "Sounds good to me." Cards, laundry, truthfully she didn't care what they did. So long as she got to be there with him, to cheer him up, to see that relaxed smile of his, that was literally all she wanted.

"I'll meet you in your room then. Don't get caught sneaking around with secret fire whiskey." With a playful wink she made her way to her room to get some things situated. In the mirror she primped her curls and smoothed over her tight fitted dress before digging through her things to find two solo cups, finally turning to fold up the Auror cloak she had grown quite fond of. Delaney would scold her for this, even Seb’s hypocritical ass would. It’s not like she was doing anything wrong! Just, drinking with a friend who she was ridiculously head over heels for.

With a deep inhale she made her way across their common area to Larkyn’s room. Just as her knuckles went to tap on the door she paused, recalling the instructions she had been given. Letting herself in felt a little weird, but she supposed it was normal for friends to do? “I’m coming in,” she warned, though there was no response. Once inside her bright green eyes looked around curiously. It was all tidy, organized, and it screamed Larkyn. As she placed the cups down on the dresser she'd almost swear this was a display room it was so neat. For a moment she got lost in thought of how Delaney and Seb were fairing on their outing, Dru and Hunter. Shouldn’t Dru have been comforting Larkyn while he was down like this? It was clear he was going through a lot right now and she swore they never spent any time together! The thought made her uneasy once more, borderline mad. It wasn’t any of her business.

At least she didn’t have to crash into anymore walls to hang out with Larkyn— not today at least. Lessons had been going well. She could stay on a broom now for almost a whole five minutes now! That put a smile back on her face. With a content sigh she sat down on the corner of his bed and sat the cloak down beside her, one smooth leg crossing over the other one as she waited for Larkyn to get back. Maybe she could get Dru to hang out with him more? The thought of not being the one to make him smile broke her, it shattered her heart really, but, she wasn't the one engaged to him. Sapph wasn't going to be here forever, and with that thought her cheerful smile quickly faded.

Last edited:
S. Longbottom

"Oh? You're sure?" There was something in Delaney's tone that told him that she was lying, that there was a reason she wasn't coming out and showing him the dress. Dark brows furrowed slightly as he tried to make sense of it. Was it the one she liked the most? Did she see the price and get cold feet? That was the only possible reason he could think of. "Miss," Seb waved over one of the attendants and greeted her with a gentle smile, making sure his voice was quiet as Delaney changed behind the curtain, "the last dress my lady tried on, do me a favor and put it on my tab." All he could think about was the three dimensional squishy flowers. The mental image sent goosebumps down his spine and he quickly shook them off. No. There was a reason Seb chose this place. The man got most of his wardrobe tailored here, he had a huge line of credit; he wanted Delaney to have the best of the best. "Accessories, shoes. Doll her up." With a nod the attendant was off to retrieve the dress Delaney had just changed out of.

The raven haired man was quick to stand, moving to Delaney's side and assisting her into her coat to brave the winter cold. "Of course, do let me know if I can assist you in making a decision." Lie, but if she could do it then so could he. The warm, calm smile on his face remained as he situated his own coat over his own shoulders. "I thought you'd never ask. I'm starved, and I'm not the one that just tried on twenty plus gowns." There was a playful, teasing tone to his voice as he offered his arm to her.

The pair moved into the street and the cold instantly bit at his nose, his dark eyes glancing to the sky. It'd snow soon. They moved slowly down the path in a comfortable silence, Seb quietly mulling over the notion of putting down his roots here, pausing his travels and explorations. How would they make things work? He wouldn't ask her to live above the shop in his loft with him, oh no. Maybe a cute cottage? A nice bay window for Turtle to tan in, a bit of property for Delaney and him to grow a grandiose, exotic garden in. She could come home at the end of a long day and just enjoy the time together... Ah, it sounded remarkable. The hard part was actually getting her to believe that his damned feelings for her were real. In all their years she still didn't believe him.

"Milady." Seb held the door to the Three Broomsticks open for Delaney before following her inside. Quickly making his way over to the table near the fireplace so he could pull out her chair. "No matter what you wear you'll look spectacular. I'll be the luckiest man to be at your side." Gently he smoothed over her hair, pressed a sweet kiss to the top of her head before moving to the seat across from her. Soon the menus were appearing in front of them, dark eyes scanning the text before looking up at her with a playful smirk. "We have the night off, and for the life of me I don't think we've had a good night of drinking in years." Nor a night of drinking without Sapphira attached to Delaney. "If you close this place down with me I'll settle down here for a while. At least until you tire of me and send me on my way. My treat. You deserve a fun night." And he didn't want the night with her to end.

Weasley.

"I'd rather my tacky Gryffindor décor over Slytherin green and silver. How boring. Though you do look good in them, so I guess I can't complain too much." For the first time all day Hunter felt good enough to tease her, even go so far as to shoot her a cocky grin. His emerald green eyes watched her from across the room as she ran her slim fingers over his quilt. Most people would assume that someone wealthy like the Malfoys would laugh at how shabby his home was, make fun of all of the homemade things in it. Dru didn't make fun of them at all, she actually seemed to be enjoying herself here. It caused his breath to hitch in his throat, long enough that he had to remind himself to breath. It heated his pale, slightly freckled cheeks.

Curiously his brows arched as she started to speak once more. He... had never thought about this house from her perspective. He could only imagine how hollow her home had felt growing up, even her home away home at the Gaunt's was just as cold. How she wasn't the one that chose this life of a noble Pure Blood, that if she had her choice her family would've been warm and happy like his was. It made his heart ache something terribly, his arms crossing over his chest. Anger started to boil. She was lonely, and while it was nothing he could fix or change for her it angered him something fierce.

The glimmer of tears in her eyes caused time to stop, his arms instantly dropping to his side. All anger, frustration, irritation, all of it washed away with one single tear out of those green eyes. Angry or sad tears, it didn't matter. "I, uh, robes. Yeah." With a small nod he motioned to the box on the desk. Slowly he sauntered over to the bed and sat down beside her, a small smile creeping on his face. "I can't tell you how much it means that you came here with me. Seriously, thank you." His warm hand reached down to hers and gently squeezed. "The house isn't much. It's always crowded, noisy, but we're always safe and loved here. It killed me to be away for so long. But, um,-" Oh, just say it you asshole," If you ever need to escape from it all even just for a few hours, feel free to come here. Even if I'm gone, Mum and Ginny will talk your ear off and, I-"

The thought of not being able to stay after this caused him to fumble on his words. Leaving his family was one thing, painful but it kept them safe so he managed. Leaving Dru though? She had no one, it didn't even seem like she could be herself around Larkyn. Cold. Her world was cold and he hated that for her, he wanted to grab her and pull her into the warmth. Fuzzy sweaters, cocoa by the fire, laughing with friends and family alike. He wanted to pull her in and kiss her under the mistletoe, watch her face light up like the Christmas tree before she swung on him. It made him smile warmly to himself, yet he knew it wouldn't be possible. Not with Larkyn, not with this damn curse on his arm.

Warm fingers brushed against her soft, pale cheek as he wiped away a lone tear. Gently he caught her chin between his fingers and lifted her face to meet his gaze, his face inching closer to hers without thinking about it. "Dru, I-" Knock knock. Two thumps on the door sent the man flying off of the bed and straight to his feet, his head smacking against the angled ceiling of his room with a harsh thud. "Oh- bloody hell! Who is it?" "Mum said you're staying for dinner and that she won't take no for an answer." Hunter growled quietly at Ron through the door. "Yeah we'll be down in a minute." His hand rubbed the goose egg now forming on his forehead. "I- Sorry. Want to head down?" With a small smile he held out his hand for her, motioning back to the door with his thumb. "The siblings will keep coming in and annoying us if we don't join them."

Druella “Dru” Malfoy

The bed besides her moved and squeaked a bit under the new weight. For a moment she didn’t want to look up at him, the silvery tears still lingering against her bottom lids. Why did she keep crying in front of this idiot? It was so ridiculously embarrassing. Dru did finally glance up when his hand moved over hers, the contact causing a swell in her chest that pushed her to lift her gaze at least slightly. His offer made her eyes go wide, his words causing warm to move over her body. “R-really?” Dru stammered a bit, shocked in all honesty. The idea of coming here without him felt a little uncomfortable but she had to admit it wasn’t entirely off the table. She could imagine that Molly would love help in the kitchen, or Arthur would always have some silly topic of conversation. Plus if Ginny happened to be here she was sure the girl wouldn’t mind Drus company for a while. And she would love theirs… “Don’t tempt me, I think I might like them more than you.” A smirk spread on her lips, finally feeling a bit more like herself than she was a few moments ago.

Then something about what he said hit her, even if he was gone. Dru glanced over his face, at first glance she assumed he just meant if he was busy doing something else but… he seemed sad. “You’re not going to like LEAVE leave again right? I mean I know you have to be gone sometimes but…” Her words trailed off… she shouldn’t care this much. It was selfish to get upset about Hunter leaving when she would be back to her normal life in just a few months. But it wasn’t just about her, it was about him and his family. There was so much light when they were together and she got to see a side of Hunter bloom that she hoped he never let wither again. “Hunter you sho-“ His fingers moved along her cheek to wipe away a tear she hadn’t realized had betrayed her. The contact caused her throat to close, choking off any words for a moment. Then those same fingers moved to her chin and those words that got cut off came out in a small feeble voice, “Hunter…” Dru breathed his name, his face was close enough for her to take in just how green his eyes were, how at this proximity she could see deep flecks of a color that reminded her of the Forbidden Forest. Fitting. It was the last thing she saw before Dru closed her eyes, preparing for an impact that she knew would likely change a lot for her. Only instead a knock came to the door and yanked both of them violently of of the haze.

Hunter was the first to move fully, jumping up from the bed and hitting his head in the process. Dru however remained still, seated on the bed with a hand pressed to her chest as she tried to calm her heart down. That blasted thing in her fucking chest that was going to ruin everything, that was going to overpower her brain at every chance it got and try it’s damndest to make her, with force, chose being in love over everything else. Suddenly Dru didn’t want to feel, she didn’t want to continue this inner battle and she just wanted - she didn’t know. After a moment she finally stood and looked over at him near the door, trying her best to look and sound as casual as she possibly could. “Yeah- dinner sounds great.”

Dru smoothed out her clothes and moved over to the doorway, pausing to look up at him. He should find someone that wouldn’t ruin his life, someone that deserved this family, deserved him. It surely wasn’t her, even without the engagement she wasn’t worthy of him. Hunter was strong and good and had a heart of gold. Dru was weak and cunning and cold. She swallowed and reached up to smooth over the spot where he hit his head, gently as she possibly could. “We should get some ice on that too.”

Delaney Wilson

“Has that mouth of yours ever gotten you in trouble? Always so quick with the overly kind compliments Seb.” Delaney gave him a wide grin from over her shoulder as he pulled out her chair at the small table. In the dimly lit tavern she was thankful for their place in the corner and near the fireplace. It would be nice to just sit and talk for a while without too much going on around them, plus she eyed some students when they walked in and she really hoped they would go unnoticed over here. Delaney let go a small surprised noise as Seb smoothed over her hair and gave a gentle kiss to the top of her head. “Seb.” She spoke her voice tinged with embarrassment at the display. They were hand holding, hugging, cuddling messes all of the time but something about it here, in this circumstance, it made her feel different. Vulnerable.

The menu appeared and Delaney began looking it over, her stomach growling to remind her just how hungry she really was. Then Sebastian spoke up and made her chuckle, glancing up at him over the top of the menu. “Yeah right.” She assumed he was joking but the face he was making told her he was serious about his offer, a bet if you will. “Really?” Delaney suddenly lit up, nearly slamming the menu down on the table as she stared at him with a bright smile. Without waiting a second more she turned and waved a hand to the bartender before putting up two fingers. Then turned back to Sebastian.

“It was that easy to get you to stay? Just some drinks? Say less!” Delaney laughed, it was a bright sunshiny sound that she hadn’t heard herself make in a long time. A real genuine laugh that came from her stomach. “I would have done this ages ago to get you to come home. I would have probably done a lot more but hey if this is all you want.” The implication in her sentence made her face go red before she held her hands up in front of her in defense, “That sounded weird, I’m just saying I’m happy you’re home and I would do almost anything if it meant you could stay longer this time.”

Cyrus

“Don’t be sorry, you never have to apologize over shit like this. Loire we can talk about all these things together, I never want to make your choices for you but I also don’t want you going through shit alone. And I know you, you would rather take on the world by yourself than inconvenience anyone. So let’s just find the middle okay? I won’t be an overbearing asshole and you learn to lean on me.” Cyrus pulled her in as Loire leaned against him, one of his arms snaking around her waist while the other smoothed over her hair a few times. He would find a way to get her out of this wedding, find a way for her and Larkyn, fuck even Dru, to walk away from whatever they chose and still not have to give up the things they want. They all could have both and he would die on that fucking hill. This wasn’t the world they wanted, one where bloodlines lead to supremacy and parents were overlords. They just wanted to be able to love who they loved and form their own dreams and lives. It shouldn’t be that fucking hard!

Loire didn’t say she loved him, it didn’t go unnoticed by Cyrus. But it didn’t bother him one bit. It was cocky maybe but… he knew her. Loire put a lot of weight in her words and had to be very sure and comfortable. Cyrus had just come back and even if he had stayed all that time, he still wasn’t sure she would be ready to say it. But he needed her to know, he needed to say it first and he would say it often without expecting anything in return. Because he knew that was the only way to assure her, make her feel that he meant it.

“Okay whatever. You can try fluffball but you will fail.” Cyrus gave her a smirk, one that relayed both that she better get ready to lose and that he wasn’t upset in the slightest. So as she set up the game and cups filled, he sat next to her and chose his piece for their favorite piece of muggle entertainment. They played the game often and as silly as it was they had to hide the damn thing like contraband around her family. As they began Loire brought up the ball and in turn Nikolay… Cyrus grumbled as he rolled and moved the boot. “I say you tell him to kiss MY ass and just come with me and the other chaperones. It gives you the perfect excuse to tell him to shove it. And let’s be real, there’s no way I let you spend all night looking gorgeous around that fucking guy.” Cyrus took a beat and let out a breath. “But in effort to not be a controlling asshole, I am open to other suggestions if you feel they’re better. We could also just admit that I’m a moron and completely inept at handling the whims or crying teenage girls at a dance and need help because it is BOUND to happen. Although… Loire I have to admit that I don’t know if you would be a good pick for that either.” He shot her another smirk and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. “Oh and I’m totally buying that property, get ready to owe me millions woman.”

Larkyn Gaunt

Larkyn had gone back to his room quickly, making poor choices and cracking open the bottle of fire whiskey to take a quick shot before gathering his clothes to head for the shower. It was a quick rinse, it felt needed to wash away some of the lingering depression that seemed to cling to his skin like an oil slick. Then once he was done he changed into a pair of simple but clean jeans and a loose button up shirt. He wasn’t a man with many truly casual clothes, but this was comfort for him. His hair stayed wet, pushed back and dripping water onto the white material of his top, causing the shoulders and collar to go a bit translucent. The entire process maybe took him about ten minutes before he was heading back to his room.

“Hey.” Larkyn said a bit dimly as he entered the room, he had noticed the door was left slightly cracked and hoped he hadn’t made Sapphira wait too long for him. He looked her over where she sat on the corner of his bed and gave her a lazy smile. “I found some cards, up for a drinking game or eight?”

Larkyn couldn’t tell how long it had been, only that it was getting late due to the sun setting outside of his window. They were already one bottle of fire whiskey down and a fair bit into the start of the second. Every single drinking game Larkyn knew had already been played, Sapphira tried teaching some muggle ones but at that point they were both so drunk that they barely even got through a round before one or the other forgot what was happening. So now the two of them laid sprawled out against the deep grey comforter on his bed, each with a cup half full of whiskey on hand, playing a bastardized form of truth or dare. One that they mostly just asked each other questions under the drunken guise of a game, only they both had to answer or drink. So you couldn’t ask what you weren’t willing to answer, or take a shot to avoid.

“Okay okay, I got one. How many significant others did you have during your school years here?” Larkyn laughed as he recalled his own count, “I had three. Though I really think you can only count two.” It was a fact that often shocked a lot of people due to his long relationship with Dru, but it was true. He and Dru didn’t start dating until they were in their fourth year of school. “I had a girlfriend in first year, she was a Slytherin too and I didn’t even know we were dating. I walked her to class twice and before I knew it everyone said she was the love of my life. Jokes on me I guess.” Larkyn let out another laugh, this one more curt than the last. “Should have known then I would have my love life always chosen for me.”

Sapphira

It had been a long, long time since Sapphira had a night of drinking, so much so that she didn't quite realize how low her tolerance was. After Hogwarts she attended the Ivy League to follow in her dad's footsteps, a deal she had made in order to attend Hogwarts. There she made connections, friendships, but only as Sapphira the sole child of a Governor. None as Sapph, none as the bright, strong, energetic witch that she was. So it felt nice to be able to let down her hair and drink away the day with someone she considered a good friend.

Fire whiskey was something vastly different than beer and her preferred fruity drinks. It only took one cup of the burning liquid before she found found her cheeks burning from the alcohol, two cups before she knew that she wouldn't be able to walk a straight line. By the second bottle she was pretty sure her legs didn't work anymore. They played every damned game she learned in college, poorly mind you, since she couldn't remember most of the rules and the games were made for multiple people, not just two. Still, the two of them were having a damn good time forgetting their problems.

"No kidding?" Sapph pushed herself to a sitting position so she could glance down at him with a playful smile, the room spinning as she did so. Quietly she giggled at the thought of Larkyn's shocked expression as people declared some random Slytherin the love if his life. "Oh, having choices on who you love is a pain. I had a casual fling my sixth year with a Ravenclaw. It was a rough year and he was there to distract me for a little while. I cut it off after a couple months, I don't consider him a significant other at all." The memories filled her with shame. It was Larkyn's senior year and all she wanted to do was to talk to him, become friends with him, become pen pals? She didn't know, but Delaney told her it was a terrible idea. Sapph fell into such a depression about it, Seb was down about Delaney, and things just kind of... happened. It was a secret they agreed to take to the grave.

To distract from her faltering smile she gave a small shrug. "I was engaged not too long ago, come to find out that he was married the whole time. Choices suck and leave you heartbroken in the end." As if to drink away the emotions she threw back the rest of the cup, scowling ever so slightly as she did so. God, it tasted awful. "Mm, my question next. Why don't you just tell your family no?" Without a word she laid back, her head landing gently on his chest and her thin arm wrapping around his waist lazily. A small content sigh passed her pretty red lips. "You're brilliant, a wildly talented wizard, dashingly handsome. You deserve to be happy. Your family can't dictate every aspect of your life." It appeared that Sapph didn't have a filter when she was drunk, but it was all true! For as strict as her father could be at least he let her travel and date who she wanted. Even if Sapphira constantly made bad love life decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back