• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Low Fantasy Medieval Anyone? ~open~

ShakinMcBacon

ばかです
I'm looking for a relatively active partner for a low-fantasy, somewhat gritty medieval roleplay. I've got some plot ideas already, but first here's some general rules:

1. Playable races will be Orc, Dwarf, Elf (Dark & Wood), and Human.

2. Magic is a thing, but relatively rare. Powerful mages are somewhat hard to come by, and as such if you want to make a magic user, they can't be a master in the arcane arts. This is simply my preference, as I find being able to solve everything with a simple spell is a bit dull. Alchemists, however, are much more common, so feel free to make a potion-making, poultice-brewing fanatic.

3. All the plots will be in the same world, but feel free to create and develop that world as you see fit when making a character's backstory.

4. The setting is medieval, so keep that in mind when equipping a character.

Rules are over, so here's some plots:

Set in the cold north, a land of harsh winters and short summers. Orcs, Humans, and Dwarves alike have small villages and strongholds scattered about, but neither hold much power. Beasts in such a land are common, from bear to wolf, but a new ilk has been seen. It is a creature that comes and goes like drifting snow, leaving its victims brutally murdered without a trace. Lord Dunham, a Dwarven Lord of a prominent stronghold, has placed a bounty on the creature's head, and awaits the hunters to arrive. Our characters are such folk, and the main aspect of the rp will be investigating and hunting the elusive beast.
Grolog Haunchsplitter, an orc warlord, has created a certain reputation for his band of bandits and thugs, holed up in a crumbling keep. Praying on travellers, they often capture their victims for ransom, or otherwise outright kill them. No lord has stepped in to deal with the problem, so the group of rogues has worked unchecked for some time. Our characters will have been unfortunate enough to fall into Grolog's capture, and thrown into the sprawling dungeons to rot. Lacking weapons or tools, the main goal will be to escape, and perhaps seek revenge.
Your generic RPG start; in a tavern filled with interesting folk, and numerous quests to be competed for our adventurous characters. A local mercenary group have been causing issues for the village, and the barkeep, the defacto leader, has been asking passing travellers to try and help. None have accepted yet, but perhaps our characters will be more kindly, if not more greedy? The main focus of this will be to deal with the mercenary leader, and perhaps unravel a larger, more serious issue.

These are just rough ideas, so feel free to offer your own. PM if you're interested, and I look forward to a good rp!

Last edited:
Hey, I'm new to the RP scene and this caught my eye. I usually use a character that weilds some kind of polearm. also, I like the Beckoning Road one best

Hi, new to rp but interested in the beckoning road, how does this work?
New to rp as a general concept, or forum rping? Either way, for one-on-ones they're typically done through pms, but since you're new and haven't reached your post requirement, we would have to do it in a normal thread, which isn't too much of an issue.

New in general. Well I write a lot of fantasy and graphic stories, always wanted to do rp but never knew where to start
I’ve read people use discord?

My only experience with discord in relation to this site is for out of character chats and such, but I've never actually used it to rp.

If you are not opposed to having two rps with me, I would enjoy the frozen hearth! If not, that's also acceptable. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back