• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Love Will Steer the Stars [characters]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[div class=loveBackground][DIV class=loveBody][DIV class=loveHeader]Love Will Steer the Stars[/DIV]
Do not post in this thread! Only users who have had their public character profile approved by welian may post here.

Character creation rules
  1. All members of the noble families are human, though some families might claim to have non-human ancestors.
  2. Every player can start with two characters, however, for the beginning of the RP, only one character can be a marriage candidate
  3. If you have any wild plot ideas, run them by welian.
  4. Feel free to be a smidge wacky. Also feel free to be the straight man to someone's comedy routine.
  5. Images are optional, but a written description is mandatory.
Private profile information:
The private profile is the secret version of your character's profile (or at least, as secret as you make it). Any plot twists you want for your character need to be on this sheet, so that I can plan accordingly and incorporate your character into the setting to the best of my ability. This profile should be written in third person.
  • Name
  • Man or woman (or other)
  • Role or job
  • Skills
  • Life goals
  • Personality
  • Biography
  • Description of appearance
  • Image (optional)
Example private profile:
  • William Windseer
  • Male
  • Forty-seven
  • Pthalia
  • A senior librarian of the Royal Study
  • Skilled at calligraphy, cartography, and chasing gnomes out of the gardens.
  • Ol' Billy here would love nothing more in life that to be left alone for a year or two so that he can finally finish translating this one ancient map of the North Sea. If he could manage that, then he'll surely be recognized by the King of Pthalia, and maybe then his elderly mother would stop nagging him about grandchildren.
  • A bit of a cranky introvert, he gets irritable and even downright twitchy if you spend too much time in the library. He's quite suspicious of visitors after how many adventurers have attempted to steal scrolls and tomes from the Royal Study. He's very particular about things being neat and orderly. He's not OCD though, just a control freak.
  • William is the oldest and only son of a witch and a carpenter. He's felt the pressure since a young age to be successful and provide for his seven sisters. They're all grown and have children now, but it's not enough for his mother - she insists on having the Windseer family name passed down another generation. William doesn't have the heart to inform her that he hates children. He also doesn't find it necessary to share with anyone that he enjoys long moonlit walks with the library groundskeeper and in fact would prefer that such a friendship stay under wraps lest people get any strange ideas.
  • Will is tall and thin, and his bright white hair makes him look several years older than he really is. His dark brown eyes don't quite look in the same direction, and his left hand is mildly scarred from the Great Gnome War of 1347.
Public profile information:
This is the public character profile that will be ultimately posted in this thread. It is very short, and written in first person (from your character's point of view). Because of this, not all information may be true. Your character might lie about their height or weight, or how much they have accomplished in life. These are real documents that exist in the story - the matchmakers have each marriage candidate write a little bit about themselves, and these papers (parchment, really) are collected for the other matchmakers and candidates to read - like a fantasy version of the personal classified ads! Or are some of you too young for that?

Supporting characters don't have the backstory of being interviewed by the matchmaker and having an autobiographical essay for all to see, but they still need to fill this out because I'm the GM and I said so.

$Charactername, $rank/job/etc of $kingdom​
  • Three bullet points
  • To highlight something cool about them
  • Or something noteworthy they've done
And then a paragraph to really sell it, try to keep under 200 words, unless your character is a notorious motormouth. Be serious, be silly - just be in characters!​

Don't worry about BBcode or text styling, I'll take care of that. However, if you're feeling adventerous, the BBCode is in the next post![/DIV][/DIV]

[class=loveHeader] padding: 25px; color: #ff654d; font-size: xx-large; text-align: center; [/class] [class=loveSubheader] color: #ff654d; font-size: large; line-height: 1.6em; [/class] [class=loveBody] margin:auto; max-width: 600px; padding: 15px; text-align: left; line-height: 1.6em; [/class] [class=loveBackground] padding: 50px; [/class]

Last edited:
[div class=loveBackground][DIV class=loveBody][DIV class=loveHeader]Love Will Steer the Stars[/DIV]
Example public profile:

[div class=LWSS_background][DIV class=LWSS_image]
8315cf6baeb639b1bf5b5d579ee8c870.jpg
[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Clovis Bellerose, King of Verdigris[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
  • The richest king in the world, maybe even all of history!
  • Completely in love with my beautiful wife, Queen Valerie.
  • She has better handwriting than I do, which is why this is all in her handwriting, and has nothing to do with the fact that I might have been turned into a pig, because that would make me unfit to rule, which means I wouldn't have all this money anymore.
[/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]My wife is gorgeous and beautiful and very smart, she's the best wife, a tremendous wife, an amazing queen. She is very beautiful in all the diamonds and pearls I bought her that were definitely gifts from grateful citizens and not unscrupulously stolen from neighboring kingdoms, so rumors will stay rumors and Alizarin cannot prove anything because they are lying and we're not friends anymore.[/DIV][/div]

Public profile BBCode

placeholder.png
[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Character Name[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
  • FUCK YOU
  • AND YOUR BULLETS
  • AND YOUR HORSE.
[/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur sollicitudin semper sollicitudin. Aenean lobortis metus leo, placerat pretium nunc lobortis hendrerit. Nullam varius mauris a sodales vulputate. Quisque eget vulputate turpis. Nullam felis felis, scelerisque non congue a, venenatis ac nisl. Curabitur dictum consectetur tincidunt.[/DIV][/div]

[div class=LWSS_background][DIV class=LWSS_image][IMG]https://pixy.org/images/placeholder.png[/IMG][/DIV][nobr][DIV class=LWSS_name][FONT=Great Vibes]Character Name[/FONT][/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
[LIST]
[*]FUCK YOU
[*]AND YOUR BULLETS
[*]AND YOUR HORSE.
[/LIST]
[divide][/divide][/DIV][/nobr]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur sollicitudin semper sollicitudin. Aenean lobortis metus leo, placerat pretium nunc lobortis hendrerit. Nullam varius mauris a sodales vulputate. Quisque eget vulputate turpis. Nullam felis felis, scelerisque non congue a, venenatis ac nisl. Curabitur dictum consectetur tincidunt.[/DIV]

[nobr]
[class=LWSS_background]
margin: 5px;
padding:15px;
[/class]

[class=LWSS_image]
margin: 0px 20px 10px 5px;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px;
height: 150px;
width: 150px;
overflow: hidden;
border-radius:50%;
float: left;
[/class]

[class=LWSS_name]
font-size: xx-large;
color: #ff654d;
[/class]

[class=LWSS_bullets]
clear: none;
overflow: auto;
[/class]

[class=LWSS_description]
text-align: justify;
font-size:small;
clear: both;
[/class]
[/nobr][/div]
[class=LWSS_background] margin: 5px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=LWSS_image] margin: 0px 20px 10px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px; height: 150px; width: 150px; overflow: hidden; border-radius:50%; float: left; [/class] [class=LWSS_name] font-size: xx-large; color: #ff654d; [/class] [class=LWSS_bullets] clear: none; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=LWSS_description] text-align: justify; font-size:small; clear: both; [/class][/DIV][/DIV]
[class=loveHeader] padding: 25px; color: #ff654d; font-size: xx-large; text-align: center; [/class] [class=loveSubheader] color: #ff654d; font-size: large; line-height: 1.6em; [/class] [class=loveBody] margin:auto; max-width: 600px; padding: 15px; text-align: left; line-height: 1.6em; [/class] [class=loveBackground] padding: 50px; [/class]

Last edited:
7913310674e3b70af9ec42e7a0bfecaf-jpg.530341
[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Lady Elena Blackwater of Verdigris[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
  • Wealthy, beautiful, only daughter of King Clovis’ advisor
  • Charismatic, attentive and a wonderful listener
  • Always seeking a good time whether it be long horseback rides along the waterfront, a night of song and dance or a barrel of ale between us.
[/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]I need a big, strong man who isn’t afraid of a wild spirit. These are uncertain times but the sanctity of marriage should make us feel certain, and together we will build a life worthy of the noble names from which we were born. My loyalty lies with my husband, above all else, but I am sure that is true for any decent wife. A taste for ale or wine is preferred, though I am certain I may intoxicate in other ways.[/DIV][/div]

[class=LWSS_background] margin: 5px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=LWSS_image] margin: 0px 20px 10px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px; height: 150px; width: 150px; overflow: hidden; border-radius:50%; float: left; [/class] [class=LWSS_name] font-size: xx-large; color: #ff654d; [/class] [class=LWSS_bullets] clear: none; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=LWSS_description] text-align: justify; font-size:small; clear: both; [/class]

ariane-jpg.529940
[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Ariane Faucheux, Daughter of Baron Faucheux of Verdigris[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
  • Award winning violinist.
  • After months of convincing father, I got to design and create all of the servants’ uniforms!
  • I have a 4 year old pet bunny named “Ms. Flufferbum”
[/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]Hey y’all! I’m Ariane. Oh I have a lovely dress you say? Why thank you! I designed and made it myself, although my folks say that’s a servant’s job. But they just don’t understand the intricacies of it! Oh well, at least they’re proud of my fiddle! I make sure to practice every day, so don’t be afraid to ask me to play a song or two![/DIV]

[class=LWSS_background] margin: 5px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=LWSS_image] margin: 0px 20px 10px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px; height: 150px; width: 150px; overflow: hidden; border-radius:50%; float: left; [/class] [class=LWSS_name] font-size: xx-large; color: #ff654d; [/class] [class=LWSS_bullets] clear: none; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=LWSS_description] text-align: justify; font-size:small; clear: both; [/class] [/div]

[div class=LWSS_background][DIV class=Lcolumn][DIV class=LWSS_image]-[/DIV][DIV class="LWSS_image Lright"]-[/DIV][/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Silvy & Vitus of Sergis Household, Valet to the Family of Ashtra[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
  • My sibling and I are one package, you can't hire one without another - which is why there is only one biography for us. Any complain can be sent to our ancestors through necromantic ritual, thank you.
  • Our skills include cooking, cleaning, housekeeping, chauffeuring, ball dancing, flower arranging, resource managing, weapon improvising, ettiquete teaching, dress coordinating, and table manner training. The last three has been intensely tested.
  • Have memorized and mastered a reliable guidebook titled '101 way to divert the attention of the masses when your master is doing something unsightly'. This skill also has been intensely tested on daily basis.
[/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]
Greetings. Let us introduce ourselves; I'm Silvy of Sergis and my sibling is Vitus of Sergis, the household that has served Asthra, Alizarin noble family, for generations. We are currently serving a particularly unique noble lady with several puzzling habits that lives in our previous lord's territory. Don't worry, despite her few eccentric traits, our mistress is a completely honorable lady and anything that proves otherwise is a baseless slander that shall be dealt with accordingly. Thank you, and have a nice day.
[/DIV]

[class=LWSS_background] margin: 5px; margin:auto; padding:15px; max-width: 700px; [/class] [class=Lcolumn] height: 300px; width: 150px; margin: 20px; float: left; [/class] [class=LWSS_image] margin: 0px 20px 10px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/eG6CQc8.png); background-size:220%; height: 150px; width: 150px; overflow: hidden; border-radius:50%; [/class] [class=Lright] background-position: top right ; [/class] [class=LWSS_name] font-size: xx-large; color: #ff654d; overflow:auto; display: block; [/class] [class=LWSS_bullets] clear: none; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=LWSS_description] text-align: justify; font-size:small; [/class] [/div]

Last edited:
[div class=LWSS_background][DIV class=LWSS_image]DrHTl1UV4AAj2_e.jpg[/DIV]
[div class=LWSS_background][DIV class=LWSS_image]dazai-osamu-smiling-bungou-stray-dogs.png[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Laslow Donadieu, Salvatore Household[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets] horse.png [/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description][/DIV]

[class=LWSS_background] margin: 5px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=LWSS_image] margin: 0px 20px 10px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px; height: 150px; width: 150px; overflow: hidden; border-radius:50%; float: left; [/class] [class=LWSS_name] font-size: xx-large; color: #ff654d; [/class] [class=LWSS_bullets] clear: none; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=LWSS_description] text-align: justify; font-size:small; clear: both; [/class] [/div][/div]

[div class=LWSS_background][DIV class=LWSS_image]Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Adrien Lafayette, Son of Renault of Verdigris, Master Financier to the Crown[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
  • It's all a bit humbling to be in the presence of such great and illustrious noblemen and women!
  • My father has done very well for himself!.. But in the face of such legendary old houses...
  • All I hope is that my bride to-be is not disappointed to be wed to me, a noble by virtue of the ludicrous amounts of money my father made the King, and not of some long and heroic lineage.
[/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]I'm really honored to be here participating in the Festival of Hearts! I've read all about its history, its inception... It's rather fascinating, isn't it? The way it came about as a sort-of olive-branch among once-warring nations... I'm rambling, aren't I? I'm sorry! I suppose it's just the nerves. It's normal to be nervous, isn't it? At least a bit? I think I should like to go for a ride. Do you think my lady love will like to ride? If not, that is all right with me. I'd settle for the company of a good book, nestled close to the warmth of the hearth. Oh, sounds cozy. Makes me long for home... N-not that accommodations have been anything less than exemplary, thus far! It's just... Ah, well. It's just that nothing quite feels like 'home' besides home. Does that... Make sense?[/DIV][/div]

[class=LWSS_background] margin: 5px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=LWSS_image] margin: 0px 20px 10px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px; height: 150px; width: 150px; overflow: hidden; border-radius:50%; float: left; [/class] [class=LWSS_name] font-size: xx-large; color: #ff654d; [/class] [class=LWSS_bullets] clear: none; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=LWSS_description] text-align: justify; font-size:small; clear: both; [/class]

wind-by-astri-lohne-dauahox-fullview.jpg
[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Millicent of house Evyrebrite[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
  • I know more languages than your entire family. I can also use each of those languages to kill you.
  • I love to read, especially when it gifts more knowledge. One can never know too much.
  • To be quite honest, I'd rather not be involved in this… but if Pthalia wills it.
[/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]My father says I am humourless, I prefer to say I have a dry wit, but the Fae seem to find my words amusing so perhaps he is just not well connected enough to understand. His ears do appear to be rather short for one bearing the name Evyrebrite… They do say the good traits skip a generation after all. Now if you'll excuse me I have a tome to finish memorising...[/DIV]

[class=LWSS_background] margin: 5px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=LWSS_image] margin: 0px 20px 10px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px; height: 150px; width: 150px; overflow: hidden; border-radius:50%; float: left; [/class] [class=LWSS_name] font-size: xx-large; color: #ff654d; [/class] [class=LWSS_bullets] clear: none; overflow: auto; [/class] [class=LWSS_description] text-align: justify; font-size:small; clear: both; [/class] [/div]

Last edited:
[div class=LWSS_background][DIV class=LWSS_image]crow.jpg[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_name]Suzanna Blaire, Local Psychic of Pthalia[/DIV][DIV class=LWSS_bullets]
  • Crows visit my home sometimes. As well as customers. I may need help tending to them...
  • I hope my future spouse won't mind helping me from time to time. I can't exactly see. Since I'm, well, blind.
  • Ah, maybe I should add something personal. Um, I love stories. I'm a great listener, I wouldn't mind my husband going on a rant. It's actually quite soothing to listen to others speak.
[/DIV]
[DIV class=LWSS_description]Hello. I am Suzanna. This is my first year attending this festival and I hope to find someone compatible. What I look for in a husband? I suppose someone who isn't loud or obnoxious. I need it silent when I work on my studies. I hope my future husband doesn't mind bones. I think they're pretty and my home is filled with collections of animal bones I found in the forest near my home. I study the arcane and run a small psychic shop in my home. I would like a partner who wouldn't mind cuddling and telling me stories. It's nice listening to other voices rather than the chirping of crows all day and the complaints of customers.[/DIV]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back