• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Love Will Steer the Stars (arranged marriage)

Interested?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there were three kingdoms locked into struggle. When there wasn’t outright war, there was still prejudice, suspicion, and disdain. One day, a great storm passed over the land. The earth cracked, and the mountains bled fire. In the face of the wrath of gods, the commoners united to save their families and their livelihoods. The soldiers united to save their brothers in arms. And finally, the nobles united, realizing that eternal conflict was no future for their countries.

In commemoration of the day the three kingdoms laid down arms and embraced each other in peace, we celebrate the Festival of Hearts – a day when the royal matchmakers assign husbands and wives to the young bachelors and bachelorettes of the noble families. There’s food and spirits and dancing, and a group marriage ceremony before an altar. Each couple presents to the altar the heart of a freshly butchered animal as a sacrifice to appease the gods.

However – and we wouldn’t have a plot if there weren’t something wrong – relations between the kingdoms have cooled. It’s hard to say why. It could be that the rumors are true, and the newborn son of the Queen of Pthalia is a bastard child of an Alizarin knight. Perhaps it was a misguided attempt to restore honor after the King of Verdigris swindled the Alizarin kingdom out of an entire tropical island in booze-fueled gambling binge. Or maybe it’s a manufactured diversion, to distract us from the wizard-scholars of Pthalia and their attempts to harness the fireblood of Mount Tyran.

Hopefully this year’s batch of young lovers will be able to work their political influence and smooth things over, before tempers erupt.

More info:
  • In case you couldn't tell, the kingdoms have color-themed names, and their colors are based on the classic RPG archetypes of fighter, rogue, and mage.
  • I've got four pre-made noble families per kingdom, to take some of the guesswork out of character creation.
  • Assuming two characters from each noble family, this RP can scale up to 24 characters.
  • I like anime pictures and concept art. That is the art style I'm going to use for my character profiles. You are not obligated to use the same style pictures.
  • These are human kingdoms, and we're dealing with human characters. Non-human races exist, but they're not important to this story.
  • We got unicorns and dragons though.
  • Four cookie likes and I'll have someone's princess kidnapped by a dragon.
  • Six and I'll make it a prince.
  • The arranged marriages are all boy-girl, but like that's ever stopped anyone from being a Big Gay, amirite?
  • TEN COOKIES AND I'LL MAKE THE DRAGON FALL IN LOVE WITH A RANDOMLY CHOSEN PLAYER CHARACTER

y'all are really invested in the whole "kidnapped by a dragon" plotline

Added a poll to help me keep track of how many players to expect.

I'll work on the RP when I get home from work tonight! Has anyone decided if they want to play a newlywed? Or a supporting character? You can play multiple characters too, if you want to play as a star crossed lover from another social class, a jealous handmaiden or bodyguard.... Or a dragon idk.

totes would play a princess who's a bookworm and wants to be an herbalist or something of the sort,, or even one who was trained in fighting or so -- at least those are some ideas, there's also seamstress w/ gossipy habits and is in the know of everything or a bar maiden, oh god, too much ideas, h a l p, pfft. but, would love to hear about the noble families and the kingdoms ! much excite ! < 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back