• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love of God - Victorian Cult RP - OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
THADDEUS IS FINALLY DONE.

He's had about ten different backstories at this point because there's so many options.

I'll tweak it to make it a bit neater/coherent but so that he's up for relationships and stuff I've posted him!

He's had about ten different backstories at this point because there's so many options.

I'll tweak it to make it a bit neater/coherent but so that he's up for relationships and stuff I've posted him!
I love hiiiiimmmmm

ooomg I LOVE HIM.
I can maybe see a good story between him and Cornelius, given how similiar they are in some aspects - hiding books and "not hearing the God or Devil". Except Thaddeus walked out and Cornelius stayed put.

Maybe they knew about each other before and even conversed, but when Thaddeus got into an argument with his Father, Cornelius just straight up condemned him together with his brother and played 'a perfect Group member' as he does.
So there could be either lots of tension or lots of trust (Cornelius being genuinely interested in what Thaddeus has been doing). Idk, wdyt? :0c

I just gotta say— thank you so much to everyone who has made a character so far. They’re all so well done, and they all fit together as a family so naturally, and with so many potential storylines and moments of contention. I am waiting on a few more characters, and I need to make Pastor Kipling’s sheet, and then I’ll be getting this rp started for real!

Oh— hey, Hopper Hopper one of my friends is making Penny’s fiancé, and I realized that it would definitely be considered “risky” to let the fiancées be alone together before the wedding. (They’re young, the devil will creep in and corrupt the marriage before it can be officiated!!)

I was wondering if you’d be interested in Constance being the designated go with your sister when she interacts with her fiancé and make sure she doesn’t sin sibling.

I mean also thank you as it's such a cool idea and the commandments shows how much effort you put into it.
ooomg I LOVE HIM.
I can maybe see a good story between him and Cornelius, given how similiar they are in some aspects - hiding books and "not hearing the God or Devil". Except Thaddeus walked out and Cornelius stayed put.

Maybe they knew about each other before and even conversed, but when Thaddeus got into an argument with his Father, Cornelius just straight up condemned him together with his brother and played 'a perfect Group member' as he does.
So there could be either lots of tension or lots of trust (Cornelius being genuinely interested in what Thaddeus has been doing). Idk, wdyt? :0c
Do you mean knew that each other doubted or the whole homosexual/bisexual thing or both? I do think they are similar which makes sense, there could be both in fairness? Thaddeus trusted him but then the trust turned to tension when he realised Cornelius stayed quiet and stayed hidden and went along with everything despite the fact he also had doubts.

Lot of potential for quite a few different directions tbh

Also glad you all like Thaddeus, really wasn't sure about him.

Oh— hey, Hopper Hopper one of my friends is making Penny’s fiancé, and I realized that it would definitely be considered “risky” to let the fiancées be alone together before the wedding. (They’re young, the devil will creep in and corrupt the marriage before it can be officiated!!)

I was wondering if you’d be interested in Constance being the designated go with your sister when she interacts with her fiancé and make sure she doesn’t sin sibling.
I'm fine with that! Sounds like it would be interesting to play around with.

Although hasn't someone taken the older sister? If they make their CS it might make sense for it to be them but you could probably go with the idea that because Constance is more willing to tell on people and quite devout she's a good person to keep an eye on things.

I'm fine with that! Sounds like it would be interesting to play around with.

Although hasn't someone taken the older sister? If they make their CS it might make sense for it to be them but you could probably go with the idea that because Constance is more willing to tell on people and quite devout she's a good person to keep an eye on things.
Yeah, Constance is more of a snitch. Also, since she was a bit of a sickly kid, and Penny has pretty much always been in the role of helping their mom take care of the others, I assume she and Penny have spent a lot of time together and are pretty close.

I mean also thank you as it's such a cool idea and the commandments shows how much effort you put into it.

Do you mean knew that each other doubted or the whole homosexual/bisexual thing or both? I do think they are similar which makes sense, there could be both in fairness? Thaddeus trusted him but then the trust turned to tension when he realised Cornelius stayed quiet and stayed hidden and went along with everything despite the fact he also had doubts.

Lot of potential for quite a few different directions tbh

Also glad you all like Thaddeus, really wasn't sure about him.

It can be both but i more meant doubting and books! Did his father ever find those hidden books? :0c
Bc if he did, maybe they burnt them? And Cornelius was the one who held the torch. Right after he stole a few for his own collection.

Maybe they meet secretly in the woods to talk when Thaddeus returns, since everyone has to pretend as if he isn't there, and Cornelius is genuinely happy he managed to escape because that's what he wants too. Idk, i think there's a lot of potential here!

Also laceanddoodles laceanddoodles im sooo excited for the rp to start! \ovo

i lowkey hoped cornelius would be getting a wife bc that wouldve been Extra Drama 👏😭

Grace is destined to fall for some nice, normal gentleman who knows how to treat a lady right. "FML".

I was also cruel giving her the middle name "Liberty" knowing she would have next to none of it. :D

Good!! I was really hoping somebody would claim the name "Obedience," just to see the character struggle against the name. Liberty is even better.

If it makes it better (it doesn't), a trait of narcissistic abusers is that they're very charming at first! He probably seemed like a prince charming until she married him and couldn't escape ;)

Yeah, I was thinking she was probably taken in by the charm and did love him at the start. That has long since past and she's a bloody amazing actress now.

Oh yeah. And he definitely wouldn't "spare the rod" for Grace, any more than he would for his children. If anything, she'd be held to a higher standard of obedience and conformity, because she has to be the example to the children. I'm sure being married to him has been absolutely brutal at times.

The reason she hasn't left and ran a million miles is because of their children, hence why she aspires to see them all become adults. She keeps up the act to minimise his wrath and to maintain a nice public image, as well as to set an example for the children so they will stay in his good books. Essentially, she's been trapped for a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back