• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž & ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐›๐ข๐š๐ง๐ฌ | characters

OOC
Here
Other
Here

ukiiyo

doki-doki
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
love
&
lesbians
welcome to capri!

BASICS
Full Name:
Nickname(s): If applicable
D.O.B:
Sexuality:
Nationality:

APPEARANCE
Height:
Eyes:
Hair:
Scars: Body Modifications:
Distinguishing Features:
Face Claim: Remember realistic face claims only!
Physical Ailments: If applicable

PERSONALITY
Mental Ailments: If applicable
Vices: 3+. Please describe!
Virtues: 3+. Please describe!

PERSONA
Hobbies:
Habits:
Fears:
Trivia: Any extra information you have to add!

QUESTIONS
Why did they apply to the competition?
What expectations do they have for the summer?
Do they have an ideal type?
Would they be open to a roommate?

HISTORY
2 paragraph minimum!
coded by ukiiyo

BASICS
Full Name:
Nickname(s): If applicable
D.O.B:
Sexuality:
Nationality:

APPEARANCE
Height:
Eyes:
Hair:
Scars: Body Modifications:
Distinguishing Features:
Face Claim: Remember realistic face claims only!
Physical Ailments: If applicable

PERSONALITY
Mental Ailments: If applicable
Vices: 3+. Please describe
Virtues: 3+. Please describe

PERSONA
Hobbies:
Habits:
Fears:

QUESTIONS

HISTORY
2 paragraph minimum!
UPDATE: For now the deadline for applications has been set for June 14th but is subject to change depending on how long it takes for sheets to get finished!

Last edited:
One smile from you when we meet
And I become speechless & forget every word
Rhys L. Buchanan
If they knew
The way I loved you
Would I burn on the stake?
Would my body
Go high to the sky
Along with the fire?
Would I feel
The heat burning
Every inch of my skin?
Or maybe,
The only heat I would feel
Would come
Straight from my heart?
REQUISITE
Full Name โ€” Rhys Lauren Buchanan
Nicknames โ€” Reeces, PB
Age โ€” 27 years old
D.O.B โ€” December 13th
Gender โ€” Non-binary
Pronouns โ€” They/Them
Sexuality โ€” Queer
Nationality โ€” British
Occupation โ€” Photographer
Languages โ€” English, French, BSL, Italian

VISAGE
Height โ€” 5'8"
Hair โ€” Blonde
Eyes โ€” Blue
Body Mods โ€” Various ear piercings and various tattoos
Scars โ€” Various small scars from falling down as a kid
Face Claim โ€” Emma Corrin
Physical Ailments โ€” Scoliosis, causes some mild back pain and slouching.

PERSONA
Mental Ailments โ€” ADHD, general anxiety

Vices โ€” Insecure, pessimistic, envious, nervous

Virtues โ€” Upbeat, adventurous, creative, spontaneous

LIFESTYLE
Likes โ€” Film photography, soft things, sweet perfumes, going to the beach, sunny mornings, fruit, fresh coffee, animals, exploring, riding bikes,

Dislikes โ€” Loud noises, being alone, getting lost, thunderstorms, arguments, being bored, sitting a lot, using digital cameras, bullies, breakups

Habits โ€” Twists their rings, wakes up throughout the night, gets clinging when sick, peels basically every fruit, they have a hard time finishing all of their food, snacks throughout the day, stares off into space, blushes when they lie.

Hobbies โ€” Photography, sewing, printmaking, knitting, crocheting

Fears โ€” Tiger/Bull sharks, large bugs, dark water

Trivia โ€” They were stung by a jellyfish as a child and later got a tattoo of the species that stung them. They love dill pickle seasoning and nutritional yeast on popcorn. They have never been to Disneyland. They really love dogs and want about 10 of them in the future. When they blush their ears and neck turn pink. Isn't scared by horror but dislikes gore. Their gay awakening was h20. They can cook but it's always pretty messy. They are easily scared. Hates thrill rides but always goes on them. They like to be spoiled by their partners (ie flowers, breakfast in bed, etc.) but they have a hard time voicing this. They haven't dated really in the last two years simply because they haven't met anyone.

INTERVIEW
Why did they apply to the competition? โ€” "A friend brought it up to me while I was at work! It sounded kind of crazy and spontaneous, plus I haven't really left the UK other than going to America for shoots so I thought it could be cool if I had a fun summer in Italy."

What expectations do they have for the summer? โ€” "Getting some really good shots and maybe finding some romance? I don't know, it's just like a childhood dream to have a summer romance you know? A person can hope!"

Do they have an ideal type? โ€” "Ahhh that's tough! I usually date femmes if I'm being honest but I'm open to anyone! As long as they have a fun sense of humor and like spending time with me and hearing about my hyper fixations, they sound perfect!"

Would they be open to a roommate? โ€” "Of course, I'm open to a roommate, I think it would only be fair to share a room when we're on a three-month trip for free"

HISTORY
โ€ข Oldest of a family of five
โ€ข Got pretty average grades in school
โ€ข Always liked girls but had a hard time explaining those feelings in a romantic way
โ€ข They felt a bit uncomfortable presenting as hyper-feminine all the time and began to ask for haircuts to be very short and to wear more boyish clothing
โ€ข Their parents didn't really understand it and honestly just thought that Rhys was potentially queer.
โ€ข Very laid-back lifestyle but they did move around a lot
โ€ข They got their first girlfriend in high school after a chaotic party they were invited to
โ€ข Navigating the world of queerness was very new and foreign to them, but they very quickly found a community and latched onto it
โ€ข Able to talk with other people via their Tumblr (they were popular for their photography/art) they discovered that they were non-binary and finally were able to dress and present in a way that suited them
โ€ข They started to take up photography more seriously and pursued it as a career
โ€ข They went to a community college and took some photography classes with a major in graphic design in case they needed a fallback
โ€ข Their career really took off when they started shooting at events and the trend of film photography came back
โ€ข Traveling around the UK and US for photoshoots and other business opportunities, they met a lot of people and really created a solid framework for their business.
โ€ข Upon being a winner of the contest, they decided to push some projects back so they could focus on an Italy spread and potentially post it in a magazine or simply on their own person website/socials.
coded by ukiiyo (scroll!)

Last edited:

ivvy_

scroll

BASICS
Full Name: Ivy Miller
Nickname(s): Vee
D.O.B: April 12th
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexuality: Bisexual
Nationality: American

APPEARANCE
Height: 5'5"
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Scars: A light scar on her right hip from a biking accident in her childhood.
Body Modifications: Pierced Ears and a flower tattoo in a line art style under her left rib.
Face Claim: Sydney Sweeny

PERSONALITY
Ivy had always been a girl with a magnetic personality, drawing people towards her effortlessly. From a young age, she possessed a natural charisma and genuine care for others that made her a popular figure among her peers. She cherished the diversity of friendships she formed, relishing in the connections she made with people from all walks of life.

Left dealing with a rather turbulent household for most of her life Ivy struggled with a unique challenge. Her desire for harmony and avoidance of conflict sometimes led her to hesitate when it came to taking sides or expressing her true opinions. This tendency to appease everyone could sometimes be misconstrued as disingenuousness or artificiality, leaving others unsure of her true intentions.

Underneath her polished exterior, Ivy concealed her own insecurities. She relied on her quick wit and charm to deflect attention from her vulnerabilities, ensuring that her inner fears remained hidden. But among the select few individuals, she considered her closest friends, Ivy's true self would occasionally surface. In those moments, her impassioned reactions would betray her controlled persona, revealing a hot-headed and impulsive side of her personality.

Her competitive nature often fueled these emotional outbursts. Ivy couldn't help but compare herself to others, leading to bouts of jealousy that ignited a fire within her. Whether it was a scholastic achievement, a personal accomplishment, or simply vying for attention, Ivy's passion and intense reactions would emerge in those instances, creating glimpses of her raw and unfiltered self.

Despite these occasional outbursts, Ivy genuinely longed for a world where people could coexist peacefully. Her desire to maintain harmony often overshadowed her personal struggles, compelling her to work diligently to keep the peace among her various social circles.

PERSONA
Likes: Exploring and trying new things, challenging herself with new and exciting things
Dislikes: Being pressured, Insincerity,
Hobbies: Yoga, Exploring, Drawing
Habits: She does this forced smile when she wants to leave a conversation.
Fears: Rejections, abandonment, not being good enough.
Trivia: Ivy loves a good conversation.

QUESTIONS

With starting med school she knows she will have little time for things like traveling and socializing. So what better way to end it off than with a competition? Besides she's never been very good at dating in the traditional way, maybe this will play to her strengths a bit better.

At the very least Ivy wishes to experience something new. She wants to try new foods, explore new places, and maybe create a couple of long-lasting relationships.

Someone who can challenge her mentally. Deep discussions, witty comebacks, and a few point that rivals her own at times. Ultimately someone she can learn from and can learn from her as well.

Ivy would love a roommate.

HISTORY
Having been practically raised in her father's small but homey mechanics shop, in their small farming town Ivy has an appreciation for the little things. Family dinners in which her father and brothers would seemingly go on for hours about her late mother whom she only barely remembered. Holidays spent playing random board games and watching cheesy movies with those you cared about. Just about any moment where she could just sit and be with her family made her day.

Being the only girl left her feeling like she had something to prove. Though her father and brothers always argued that she needn't prove anything. Still, a competitive spirit ran through her veins, and she couldn't ignore it. Balancing good grades, various social circles, and a part-time job at her dad's shop, all paid off when she landed a scholarship at her preferred med school. Which she is to attend come the start of the next term.

While her friendships and schooling have all seemed to fall in place, Ivy has never been very good at love. Romantic relationships always fall through seemingly for the same reasons each time. Ivy's drive for success often neglects the intricacies of a romantic partnership. After all, doing your best in academics and work will most often than not reward you in some way. Whereas romance seemed to operate on a different formula. It didn't matter how much she did right or how perfect she was, sometimes it simply wasn't enough. Not being one for rejection she found herself simply shying away from the prospects of love all together.

"This life's sweeter than fiction."

Sweeter Than Fiction by Taylor Swift (2013)

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

Last edited:
  • human
    sevdaliza

name
    saanvi parekh
    nickname
    vi
    birthday
    may 13th
    sexuality
    sapphic
    occupation
    lawyer
    nationality
    desi american
left
right
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

basics

appearance

psyche

background

gallery

• basics

chima olayinka

180db_[130]

aphex twin

nicknames

Chichi, Chi

22 years old

birthday

December 10th

gender/pronouns

Female, she/her

sexuality

Lesbian

nationality

Nigerian

occupation

Retail employee, independent musician

mental ailments

Autism

โ™กdesign by natasha., coded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
IMG_0186.jpeg

Full Name: Bailey Hughes

Nickname(s): Bae-Bae

D.O.B: 02/19/1998

Pronouns: She/Her

Sexuality: Pansexual

Nationality: Irish

APPEARANCE

Height: 5,3

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Scars: A small scar on her temple and a few small scars on her hands.

Face Claim: M on Pinterest (Fairly sure they claim itโ€™s their face)

Body Modifications: N/A

Distinguishing Features: Her colorful earrings

Physical Ailments: N/A

PERSONALITY

Mental Ailments: N/A

Vices: Farah struggles with overthinking a lot of decisions and choices even after sheโ€™s already made them. Farah also tends to struggle with boundaries especially boundaries that involve personal space. Lastly Farah can be a bit of a push over, it doesnโ€™t take much to make her crack under pressure and give in.

Virtues: Farah deeply cares about others and will go to extreme lengths to put a smile on someoneโ€™s face. Farah is patient and willing to help people understand when they are struggling. Finally Farah is optimistic, always being able to see the sliver lining in a situation.

PERSONA

Dislikes: Country music, Seafood, athletics and being unprepared

Hobbies: Cooking, Drawing, and Painting

Habits: Some habits Bailey has are nail biting when sheโ€™s stressed, she also has a habit of dog earring pages, and a habit of flossing her teeth after every meal.

Fears: Failure, Swans, Crowds

Trivia: When Bailey was a kid she wanted to be a bird. Because she thought it was the only way she could really fly.
QUESTIONS

Why did they apply to the competition?: Bailey applied to the competition because she wants to fall in love and spend time in a beautiful place.

What expectations do they have for the summer?: Bailey expects to probably not fall in love right off the bat but maybe start a nice relationship, she expects to meet new fun people.

Do they have an ideal type?: Her ideal type is probably tall and/or muscular girls.

Would they be open to a roommate?: Sheโ€™d be fine with having a roommate.

HISTORY

2-3 paragraphs minimum!

Bailey was born in a small town in the middle of nowhere. She lived with her mother and her father passed shortly before she was born. She didnโ€™t have very many friends growing up and mostly just stayed inside . Bailey mostly spent her time painting and drawing alone. Her mother was not around very much and was usually at work. Bailey grew into a very antisocial teenager. Her teenage years were spent alone in her room wanting friends but being too afraid to socialize.
When Bailey went off to university she finally started to go out more, not by choice though. She had a roommate that she became close with and who forced her to make friends. She eventually started to become less socially adept and finally started to go out having fun. She found people with hobbies similar to her own and finally felt like she belong. She graduated not just learning how to teach but also learning how to make friends. After university Bailey become a teacher at Harbor View High School.

When Bailey started her first teaching job and she got a small apartment. She greatly enjoys being a teacher and even got a cat after her first year of teaching. She named the cat Ginger and the cats a tabby.

Raelyn Helios

#hotel manager

#florence pugh

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

instagram-crush-rosie-mac-20210219-1002.jpg

BASICS
Full Name: Lucrezia Luisa Esposito
Nickname(s): Lulu (by parents, doesn't like it much) , Lily
Online name: LadyRedofLA84
D.O.B: 28/05
Pronouns: She/ Her
Sexuality: Bisexual Homoromantic
Nationality: Italian American
Occupation: Kitchen assistant, influencer, babysitter, art model

APPEARANCE
Height: 5ft 6in
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brunette (currently)
Scars: a few cut scars in her fingers
Body Modifications:
Distinguishing Features:
Face Claim: Rosie Mac
Physical Ailments: N/A

PERSONALITY
Mental Ailments: A bit of ADHD and past history of nervous exhuastion
Vices: 3+.
  • She can come off a bit secretive about herself. She doesn't mind speaking about her current situation, but never goes deeper about her past and such.
  • Though not sinister, she can be a bit manipulative. She likes to stir the pot and poke at people to get to know them more and maybe help them along.
  • Though tries to remain level-headed, she can be aggressive and easily angered, meaning it wont take much for her to get into an argument with someone and "see red."
Virtues: 3+.
  • A regular mother hen with a delight for cooking for people
  • A hard worker and fighter to get what she wants and needs, as well as other she cares for.
  • She is cheeky and tries to get a laugh whenever she can.

PERSONA
Likes: Cooking programs, Fantasy, crime serials and books, seafood, beach holiday, fashion
Dislikes: Fast food, tea, prudness, dogs, sitting around
Hobbies: Cooking, singing, preferring online
Habits: Likes to change her hair colour from time to time, hums constantly when silent
Fears: Returning to her parents.

QUESTIONS
What does anyone want here... A free trip in the sun and potentially a nice girl. Some exposure doesn't hurt, I suppose.
A lot of sun, sand and drama.
Ideal types? Hmmm... Haven't really thought about it, been a bit of take what I can get. If I must.... Like girly girls with some personality to take me on. That is always fun.
Of course. What is the point otherwise? Wink wink

HISTORY
Daughter of a renown industrialist and up-and-coming politician father, and an actress mother, she was not born out of any want for genuine family or expression of life. She was born to be a show-piece, a political tool for both her parents' ambition, to prove credibility and an image of traditional values. Though her life was privileged, it was also strict as she was trained to fulfil the role she was set before her very birth: The dutiful and charismatic perfect daughter and heiress. Expectations were high and oppressive, and it was not long until she needed outlets.

Her online persona came by accident, she was left alone after an interview, and she found herself playing around with a camera left behind, acting like she would not have otherwise. A supposed friend saw her and egged her on and secretly recorded and posted it online, hoping to cause controversy. The video was popular with people liking this let loose person, but ironically no one believed that it was Lily acting this way with the friend lying to besmirch a celebrity figure. Lily soon discovered it, of course, a friends' betrayal was crushing but saw the video's popularity and chance for her to be more herself, so she began to act online under the name of LadyRedofLA84. Becoming an overnight sensation quickly, spending what little free time she had on it. (it was also a good way to make some unobserved or control money of her own).

Her love of cooking and Music came from her grandparents on her mother side. Her grandparents ran a restaurant in a rural town in Italy. It was a popular place, with people coming from surrounding places, and was features in several shows as a hidden gem. In her younger years, she was often left in their care when she could not follow her parents, receiving genuine familial care and a general love of cooking and singing along with her grandparents. They were impressed by her ability with cooking and encouraged her to learn, though her parents had different plans

The combination of her family expectation and her influencing career becoming bigger than she could imagine eventually took their toll. She publicly collapsed from the pressure during one of her father events, she needed a change, and she thought pursuing cooking a good change. Her parents would insist on remaining on her post refusing to support her in this change, so she struck out on her own leaving her parent home and refusing any support, to do what she needs to do. It was tough and touch and go, but slowly she started to eek a life on her own.

Last edited:

Navaeh โ€œNanaโ€ Prescott

Real Estate/Interior Design

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

SATINE
satine c. janssen
twenty-six โ— female
homosexual โ— teacher
"she was the air in my lungs and sun in the sky"
The Innocent Lover

Last edited:
Park Bo-Reum
the immature jokester
  • i
    ii
    iii
    iv
    full name
    Park Bo-Reum
    NIcknames
    Bo (most commonly), Bobo, Bobby
    date of birth
    25th of July
    sexuality
    bisexual
    nationality
    Dual nationality: American and Korean
    occupation
    med school student, bunch of odd jobs, guitarist in a unknown indie band

Kim Dae

click!

given name

Kim Dae

s. name

Kim

Sexuality

Lesbian

Nationality

Japanese

Female

• a.

visage

hair

silky black, until the shoulders

eyes

hazel brown

height

5โ€™7

weight

125 lbs

Kim.dae

Kim.Dae

i hate hay fever lol

Kim.dae

Kim.Dae

I need to paint this!!

Kim.Dae

kim.dae

!

a.

b.

c.

d.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

/* ------ right side ------ */

/* ------ image 1 ------ */
mood | depends on the day. usually sleepy, but relaxed.

location | canada, hopefully italy soon.

/* ------ image 2 ------ */
outfit | click here for pinterest board.

/* ------ image 3 ------ */
tag | 2slgbtqia+, lesbian, oc, role play, happy pride month

/* ------ left side ------ */

sadie connors

/* ------ main textbox ------ */

BASICS
Full Name: Sarah Marianne Connors
Nickname(s): Sadie, this is her preferred name.
D.O.B: December 17th
Pronouns: She/They
Sexuality: Lesbian
Nationality: Canadian
Occupation: Currently at the front desk of a motel. Typically, she takes night or overnight shifts even while in full-time university. During these shifts, she sees fewer people and has more time to do school work or read.

APPEARANCE
Height: 5โ€™5โ€
Eyes: Hazel, depending on the day and lighting Sadieโ€™s eyes are a combination of green, brown, and gold.
Hair: She has light golden brown hair that would be described as medium/short length. Sadie tends to keep it around shoulder length. There are also various curls and waves through it all.
Scars: Aside from the various small scars due to childhood shenanigans and picking too closely at mosquito bites, Sadie has one scar that is four inches long from getting her appendix out as a teen.
Body Modifications: Sadie currently has no plans for tattoos, but does have her helix pieced on her right ear and two holes in her ear lobes on both sides.
Distinguishing Features: Light brown freckles are scattered all over her body. The more sun that Sadie gets, the more prominent they become.
Face Claim: Mikaela Straus / King Princess
Physical Ailments: Iron deficiency

PERSONALITY
Vices:
  • Running away and panicking when people get too close
  • Smoking, a habit she never truly lost. Although she is trying to quit.
  • For someone who is passionate and cares so much, she comes off like she cares so little. It's a defence mechanism that hasn't really been shaken.
Virtues:
  • Sadie is fiercely loyal. Once you are someone she trusts and cares about, they will be right there by your side.
  • If you are struggling with something, Sadie is the first to offer assistance. Even if she isn't an expert, she will happily learn alongside you.
  • Sadie remains kind and gentle. It takes a lot of courage in this world to continue to be gentle, despite the negative impacts life hs had on you.
General Description: When you first meet Sadie, right away youโ€™ll notice she is very engaged in conversation. Though more on the quiet side she is optimistic, kind-hearted, and curious about getting to know you. It takes quite a bit for her to actually dislike someone since sheโ€™ll try to give them the benefit of the doubt until the end. However, if you cross certain boundaries for herself or others she cares for then she will speak up to set you right.

Sadie tends to go with the flow and see where things in life will take them, but at the same time if you want to make plans she likes to know the whole idea to be able to prepare them for the day. As much as she loves to learn about others, she will keep you at arm's length. Due to her history, she is used to everyone in her life leaving. Despite actively working on this, itโ€™s been a challenge, however, it can be done. There just needs to be a level of trust established if you want to be truly let in.

PERSONA
Likes: Book stores, lavender fields, hiking, house plants, puzzles, reading fantasy books, the quiet of night you can only feel at around 4am, learning new languages, girls, old book smell, singing, hidden bars, libraries, indie music, working with youth, etc.
Dislikes: Nightmares, the audacity of white men that argue with her at work, remembering the people she has hurt, letting people too close, talking about her past, those who are awful to children, the foster system, etc.
Hobbies: Reading, writing, the occasional gardening her apartment will allow, casual photography, watercolour painting, and more if she had the time or motivation.
Habits: Picking the skin around her nails, peeling the skin off her lips, laughing when nervous
Fears: Losing control of her life, people from her past trying to come back into her life, dogs she doesnโ€™t know, the people she cares about getting hurt, getting her heart shattered, etc.
Trivia:
  • Sadie is currently in her third-year University completing her Bachelor of Arts in Child and Youth Care with a minor in Sociology.
  • Ideally, Sadie would love to work in some sort of mentoring program that works with high school students. She knows how much a positive role model can mean to someone, but especially if she could support other kids within the LGBTQ2S+ community and/or the foster system.
  • If given the chance, Sadie would absolutely love to be a forever student.
  • Pinterest board can be found here (excuse the vampire details as they don't apply here)

QUESTIONS
Why did they apply to the competition? One night, Sadie was scrolling through Instagram when they found the ad for this competition. After researching the validity of it, she was interested. While sheโ€™s travelled through a few cities throughout her life, she hasnโ€™t been overseas. So on a whim, they decided to give it a chance! What's the harm in getting out to see the world and meeting new people?
What expectations do they have for the summer? Sadieโ€™s only real expectations for the summer are to see a beautiful country with some beautiful people and try to make some connections. This could be platonic or even romantic. They are not planning or expecting to get into anything serious with another person.
Do they have an ideal type? Not particularly. She will gladly hold hands with anyone regardless of masculine or feminine presenting. The key things she looks for are a beautiful smile, someone she can laugh with, and someone that will let her lean on them from time to time.
Would they be open to a roommate? Absolutely. Sadie enjoys meeting new people.

HISTORY
In the middle of a snowstorm on a December night Sarah was born. Her parents, James and Olivia, were quite young parents. They both were just graduated out of high school and trying to live on their own after struggling within their own families. After a few months, they knew that they were unable to take care of Sarah, who had since then gotten the nickname Sadie. Even with some deliberation, they left Sadie in a church to stay out of the cold with a card explaining that they hoped she could be brought into a loving home like she deserved. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Her first few years after being taken in were pleasant, although she doesnโ€™t remember much. As she started getting older the more she began to act out at school. Now, Sadie wasnโ€™t a bad kid. She just didnโ€™t know what to do with the energy and emotions she had, but tended to thrive within receiving negative attention. The person who took her in spent a lot of time at their office job. After being suspended, the person out her up for adoption.

From there on out, Sadie bounced between several homes within the foster system. Being introduced to new families only to soon be shooed away. She didnโ€™t make it easy for them at times. Fighting with kids at school, sneaking out to party, and more. There is guilt that still remains to the present that maybe she could have stayed if she behaved better, but there were several factors in play there. Some families had too much on their plate, some couldnโ€™t afford the extra mouth to feed, a couple were homophobic, just not safe places to be, or more. When Sadie was 17 she was placed into a group home for troubled girls. However, after hearing horror stories of group homes, this was one of the best years of her life. Finally, there was some stability and a routine that she thrived in. She had finally just felt safe. The social workers there helped her discover her love for learning, she found her first live within that town, and more. Unfortunately, once she turned eighteen she was no longer allowed to stay. Luckily, they helped set her up for success.

After getting a job at a motel Sadie was able to save up some money. The owner, Noemi, gave her some guidance and even helped her apply to some scholarships to make post-secondary schooling an option. Although this is a glance into her life, Sadie is now still remaining at the motel and almost completed with her degree in Child and Youth Care with a minor in sociology. She hopes to prevent youth from having to bounce around in the foster system and be the person that she needed in her childhood.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

Last edited:

coyote.

lets drive out to where dust devils are made.

name.

coyote ( kai - oat ) reeder.

A.K.A

kai.

age.

twenty two. ( born july 2nd. )

gender.

female. ( she/her. )

sexuality.

bisexual.

nationality.

american.

occupation.

assistant baker.

visage.

height.

5ft, 4in.

eyes.

dark brown.

hair.

platinum blonde.

scars.

minor scars primarily across her knees from an active childhood.

body modifications.

ear and bellybutton piercings.

faceclaim.

christina ricci.

physical ailments.

n/a.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

wip!

scroll

scroll

โ
Life is too short to live in the shadows.

Teresa Whitehurst

novelist

Nora

full name

Eleanora Hart

nickname

Nora

29 years old

d.o.b.

November 2nd

Cis-Female

pronouns

She/They

sexuality

Pansexual

nationality

British

Darling

Halsey

visage

height

5 feet 5 inches (165 centimeters)

weight

102 pounds (46 kilograms)

hair c.

Medium Brown w/ Gold Tips

eye c.

Warm Brown (Chocolate!)

scars

She has the odd scar or two from accidents as a kid. The only notable one she has is a scar on the right side of her stomach from an appendectomy.

body mods

She has a small tattoo of a dragon somewhere on her body to represent her dad.

distinguishing features

She has a couple beauty marks scattered on her body, nothing more.

faceclaim

Olivia Cooke

phys. ailments

None

persona

Even with all she's been through, Nora remains her perky, quirky self, eager to start her next adventure to inspire her creativity and, hopefully, begin her next book. When engaged in writing or reading, she is immersed in another world, swallowed hole by her hyper-focusing attention span, which ties into her workaholic tendencies. Her stubborn outlook regarding her work can be rather cumbersome, especially when she forgets to eat, drink, sleep...which can be relatively frequent. Her headstrong attitude about being "fine" and "capable" of handling herself can also be rather frustrating to deal with, but usually those she cares about can strongarm her (figuratively or literally, your choice) into taking better care of herself. When she isn't writing or doing the things she feels most confident about, she's rather insecure about herself - her appearance, her work ethic, her lack of college experience - but she keeps these thoughts to herself unless pesteringly prompted otherwise.

virtues

Adventurous | Quirky | Creative | Curious | Passionate

vices

Workaholic | Stubborn | Headstrong | Secretive | Insecure

mental ailments

Insomnia

Strawberries, visiting strange places, mysteries, the ocean, trying new foods.

dislikes

Storms, writer's block, zucchini, country music, horror movies (she'll watch but will be terrified).

hobbies

Swimming, writing, watching movies, exploring, sketching.

habits

She twirls a lock of hair and chews her lip.

fears

Terribly afraid of thunder & lightning.

trivia

She will absolutely KICK your ass in Mario Kart.

history

Despite her inconsistent upbringing, Nora has become quite the creative, aspiring, and eager young woman, intent on pursuing adventure and excitement in her life. Of course, her past still influences many aspects of said life, and will likely continue to do so, albeit subconsciously. Born in Duxford and raised in Chicago, Nora was familiar with the concept of a single parent not knowing how to raise his child, as her weakened mother died in childbirth. Her father, bless his heart, was quite young and very new to parenting, though he tried his best. With the help of his brother and his sister-in-law, he helped provide Nora with as average a childhood one could have without a mother, until he was killed in a hit-and-run accident when she was 14 years old.

Now parentless, Nora was a mix of emotions on top of dealing with puberty, trying her best to focus on high school by venting through her writing. She clung to her laptop as though it were a part of her, an extension that still grieved for her parents while the main body suffered the normal ongoings of education. Her aunt and uncle tried to parent her as best they could, but with four of their own children, it was difficult to establish any lasting connection that could fill the gaping hole in her heart born from her parents' deaths. Still, she appreciated them, and had positive relations with her cousin as well.

Persevering her way through high school was simple enough, with the company of her writing, and she was able to graduate, but neither she nor her aunt and uncle could afford to support her through college, so rather than pursuing some pointless degree, she worked multiple jobs - barista at a cafรฉ, waitress at a restaurant, some other places she isn't proud of - all while working on her newest obsession: her novel. With a unique background and some inspiration from her own life, she wrote a mystery novel about a young woman outsmarting her own attempted killer and determining the truth behind his employment. It took her seven years to write, from scribbling notes vigorously between shifts to dreaming about the scenes in her book, desperately trying to remember them. Eventually, Surprised by Lies hit the bookstores and spread like wildfire.

Amassing wealth from her book but remaining under a pseudonym, Nora spent a hefty amount of money helping her aunt and uncle recover from some of life's tragedies, bought them a new home, and was living comfortably in a small apartment nearby. Her cousins supported her all the way, hoping to earn a spot in her next book and encouraging her to make a sequel as she tried desperately to come up with a way to continue said book from the cliffhanger she created. This series of events led to her cousins entering her into a contest so she could try to have a trip out of the country, despite having already traveled for her book signings. Who knows? Maybe eventually, Surprised by Lies by A.J. Grey would write itself on this vacation in Capri.

gallery

connections

TBD

To be determined throughout the RP!

TBD

TBD

TBD

interview

"Why did you apply to the competition?"

"My cousin suggested I do something drastic to get out of my writer's block, like go to a different country. I can afford paying for a trip myself, but she entered me in, regardless, saying 'I would have procrastinated' or something."

"What are your expectations for summer?"

"I want to explore โ€” I've never been to Italy, and I would absolutely love some inspiration for the sequel to my first novel."

"Do you have an ideal type?"

"An ideal type of what? My ideal book is one I don't put down until I'm finished - but...I assume you mean my ideal date. Umโ€ฆanyone who can handle my exhausted ass after being up all night reading, I suppose. Someone who isn't afraid to try new things and take some risks."

"Would you be open to having a roommate?"

"Sure? As long as they're a heavy sleeper, I see no problem. Might annoy 'em with my 3 a.m. writing, though."

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

basics

appearance

psyche

background

gallery

• basics

Penny (Bo-Mi | ๋ณด๋ฏธ)

gaypJw8.png

Jazz Bar

Dreamcatcher

2NTu9Jl.jpg

Full Name

๋Œ€ ๋ณด๋ฏธ - Bo-Mi Tae

aTeCfoW.jpg

nicknames

Penny - Bo - Mimi - Princess - Penny Dreadful

ZXqcsJQ.jpg

24 Internationally - 25 in Korea

WeAy7Lc.jpg

sexuality

Homosexual (Lesbian) / Polyamorous

6PTsTMF.png

date of birth

August 12th XXXX

โ™กdesign by natasha., coded by uxieโ™ก

Basics
FULL NAME - ๋Œ€ ๋ณด๋ฏธ - Bo-Mi Tae

NICKNAMES - Penny - Bo - Mimi - Princess - Penny Dreadful

AGE - 25 Internationally - 26 in Korea

SEXUALITY - Pansexual (Sapphic) / Polyamorous

DATE OF BIRTH - August 12th XXXX

Appearance

HEIGHT
5'4 (163)

WEIGHT
127LB (57KG)

HAIR
???

EYES
DARK BROWN

HAIR STYLE
Bo-Mi's natural hair color is a dark hazelnut brown but she dyes it so often it could be any color at any time. Her hair is usually worn long with occasional braids which compliment her wavy locks well. Sometimes she likes to iron it straight but there are many days she decides to leave it at least somewhat messy.

PHYSIQUE
Bo-Mi is rather physically fit for such a soft looking woman. Trained by at Blackwood Academy for most of her life included many physical activities including but not limited to Contemporary dance, martial arts, fencing. From a glance she looks rather soft and small but her body is quite toned and adapts to physical strain. She is quite flexible and rather adept in dance beyond just Contemporary, as well as gymnastics, her two favorite activities.

ATTIRE
Bo-Mi's wardrobe is incredibly varied and really depends on who, what, when, where, and why. She has a large collection of traditional Korean Hanbok and dresses from her cultural heritage classes at Blackwood Academy as well as heirlooms left by her parents. It's not untypical to find her wearing very modern casual street wear but she also enjoys expensive high fashion and will flaunt it when she can. Bo-Mi's outfits can be as unpredictable as her hair, as she likes to dress in a variety of aesthetics to express herself as much as possible.

Personality

"I am so many more things than you could ever know. No matter who you meet, they're all me. I am genuine, and I exist. There's only one me, and you better be watching because there won't ever be another."

POSITIVE TRAITS

Bright Spirit
Bo-Mi has always been a warm and comforting person. She strives to making herself and those around her happy. Having a good time and looking to the future with stars in her eyes has always been a trait Bo-Mi had carried ever since she was a child. Her methods for helping people aren't always clear or even kind, but to her it's all a means to a better outcome for everyone. At the end of the day she just wants everyone to be content and able to smile.

Focus and Drive
Bo-Mi has incredible determination and tenacity. Telling her something can't be done is simply asking to be proven wrong. Still she's no fool, and only handles things within her ability. If it's not, she work until it is. At Blackwood Academy the pressure of excellence and success was crushing, but she's always been confident she can bear the weight on her own, no matter who or where it came from. To Bo-Mi growth and improvement are endless goals to achieve and nothing feels better than making headway in the face of adversity.

Big Heart
To say that Bo-Mi has lots of love to give is an understatement. When she likes someone or something, she'll put her all into that person or that thing. Whether it's her older sister, her parents, her friends, her lovers, etc, the young woman will never give up on them, and give her utmost attention and focus when needed. Even if they end up clashing, or fall away from each other, she'll always have a piece of her heart dedicated to that person. Her love is absolute and eternal, and there's always more to give.

Capable and Independent
Bo-Mi can take care of herself. Despite what people might think, though it would be obvious to those who met her, that the girl is mature, well rounded, and self sufficient She doesn't take shit from anyone and she is more than ready to turn the tables. While being physically prepared to defend herself, Bo-Mi does well to handle herself mentally, especially offensively. Someone once said that Bo-Mi was "The kind of girl who could cut down a mountain with a glance, like in an anime or something." An accurate assessment.

NEGATIVE TRAITS

Snarky
Bo-Mi can be incredibly snarky even unintentionally, easily going overboard and hurting others. If she feels attacked or threatened, regardless of the validity of her feelings, Bo-Mi will bite back hard. She doesn't pull punches for anyone, not even her own family, though depending on the situation she'll hold her tongue but that won't be enough to keep the posion from dripping out. Her bad side is something to be avoided at all cost to avoid unnseccary harm to any and all persons, including herself. A Queen Bee in a Princess's robes. Bo-Mi's sister used to tease that she had nearly choked on a wasp as kid and that there's a hive growing inside her that should never be disturbed. If only her sister knew how right she was..

Poor Communicator
Bo-Mi, as much as she loves to give aid and is often quite good at getting things done, she's also often stuck in her own head and rarely shares her thoughts with others, coming up with plans and ideas without telling anyone else what she's doing even if doing so would prevent people from misunderstanding her actions or at least give those around her peace of mind. Her mind is a steal trap but it's unable to open in most cases. Anything that goes on within stays within. There are many times when one may find her quiet, near mute and getting her to speak is a near impossible challenge, a sign she's got a lot on her mind.

Manipulator
Bo-Mi is a kind girl, she loves to assist, and she's also the kind of person who works hard to get things done. She'll do anything to reach that, or even to help others, especially manipulation. She gives and keeps information only as it pertains to the end result she's looking for, it's not rare to see her using any means to get this done. Setting someone up, or goading, lying, and sneaking her way into getting what she desires are ever open options in her tool belt for reaching any end goals she's set.

Mentally Condensed
In tandem with her problems of communication, the iron walls of her mind can act as casing that holds in all of her negative feelings, thoughts, and ideas. Just letting them bounce around and collide endlessly, build, multiply, fester, metastasize out of proportion. As Bo-Mi is so good at holding these in beyond what would be healthy, her mental landscape is in this sense, is more like the inside of a nuclear device waiting to reach critical mass. When it's finally triggered the end result is almost impossible to predict. It could be fits of crying, self doubt, hate, rage, recklessness, mania, or more. She only has so many cathartic outlets and without them, Bo-Mi is a ticking time bomb.

MISCELLANEOUS

Coffee, the smell of coffee, cafes and their environment. Sipping brew on a gloomy and hazy morning, listening to Jazz, and reading a good book in the back of the shop is the perfect morning. It's quite possible she's actually addicted, a thought which leads to a momentary mental crisis... Until she has her coffee, then everything is perfect. Bo-Mi will often spend most of her time at a local cozy coffee shop, reading, writing, and existing.

Books, the smell of books, libraries, bookstores, and their aesthetics are similar in taste, and Bo-Mi loves them just the same. Reading for knowledge or reading for pleasure, either are a delight. If a coffee-shop has a mini library in it, that's where you'll find her 90% of the day.

Outdoors are one of her greatest delights. Being surrounded by nature, working in a garden, or exploring a forest, there's always something to appreciate and discover.

The Night is more than just a time to Bo-Mi, but an entire world shifted from the status quo of the light of day. Everything is different, unique and wonderful at night. Often silent, and sometimes rather loud, spooky, or even terrifying, it can also be infinitely new, and humbling to exist in this world of night. Bo-Mi is one such person who feels most at home in it's embrace.

Clubs, parties, the underground scene is something that most wouldn't expect from the small girl, but in reality they're one of her greatest escapes. Bo-Mi looks for excitement to counter balance her need for soothing respite, where she use her self expression to it's fullest without no restraint.

DISLIKES

Stand Up Comedy, she just thinks it's stupid, that's about it.

Environmental Disruption, when it comes to keeping the earth clean and healthy, there are few others who will judge your harder for a lack of respect for the environment. Littering, disregard for fire safety, animal cruelty, etc are more than enough to put you on her kill list.

Ornithophobia, Bo-Mi is absolutely terrified of birds. All kinds of birds, even small song birds are enough to make her anxious. Crows, and other large birds will usually cause her to flee the area. Seriously, there's nothing on this planet that could get her near one.

Hospitals, after spending six months in a mental institution after a manic episode Bo-Mi is extremely anxious of hospitals and especially mental care facilities. Not necessarily because she had a bad experience with them, but more so because her admittance was quickly covered up by Blackwood Academy, she fears it becoming public knowledge, and will dodge the subject whenever possible.

HOBBIES

Gardening and Landscaping, is one of her more mundane favorite activities. Her garden is usually a reflection of her mind, and she'll change it as often as she changes her mind. You may find Black Baccara Roses and Queen of Night Tulips in her large plot or you could come across large Sunflowers surrounded by bright blue Hydrangea. Anyone who knows her well enough would be able to guess her mental state by her garden.

Exploring and Night Walks, being by herself is often where you'll find Bo-Mi if you just look. She made be slowly wandering down the middle of the inactive streets or stomping her way through a forest singing to herself. If you do come across her, she may just invite you along, to show you the wonders in her world of night.

Dancing and Gymnastics, keep her busy whenever she's stuck inside or when she gets a chance to sneak out to a club. Though she may beat herself up over any small mistakes, they keep her feeling free and active, but don't ask for her to dance for you or will end up with a bloody nose, from her fist.

Reading and Writing, help keep her mind constrained when she needs to feel small, comforted and cozy. Jotting down her mind into her diary, is one of the few ways Bo-Mi can

HISTORY

Childhood - "Lost in the Woods for three days"
When Bo-Mi was just a small child she often stayed inside most the time and never really did much of anything. She didn't have any friends or anyone her age to spend time with. Her parents were almost never home, going out and spending time with each other rather than their own children. Aunt Rin was the usual babysitter, but sometimes it was just Katie left to look after her younger sibling. While the two got along rather well, Katie was much older, with other things to do, and friends to to hang out with. This didn't bother Bo-Mi too much, as the small child was just fine on her own, which lead to Katie sometimes leaving her little sister in the house alone, assuming there wouldn't be an issue. For the most part, there wasn't. Bo-Mi just sat in her room and read until she fell asleep.

Until one day when the young girl noticed her sister had forgotten her iPod which was a rather rare occurrence. Trying to get it to Katie before she left caused Bo-Mi to run outside without unlocking the door. By the time she had left the house, Katie was no where to be found, and when trying to get back inside, she found herself trapped. Every door was locked tight, a precaution meant to keep her safe, now an endless source of dread as Bo-Mi pounded on the wood for over an hour, crying to get back in. She cried until there were no more tears to cry, and did the only thing such a young child could think of. She set off into the woods, hoping to find the club her sister often went to which she knew was vaguely somewhere on the other side.

With no sense of direction, scale, or experience in what she was doing Bo-Mi got lost rather quickly. Nightfall wasn't to far behind either, lucky that it was summer the poor child wasn't going freeze to death. After some time, she broke down and fell asleep at the trunk of a large tree, completely unaware of Katie frantically searching for her only a hundred feet away.

When Bo-Mi woke in the morning her stomach was terribly grouchy but she also hadn't had anything to drink since she'd left home, so she set off in search for something to quench her thirst.

After a few hours she finally found a small stream which just so happened to be lined with blackberry bushes of which she knew was safe to eat, Auntie Rin having taught her about poisonous and edible plants in the area not too long ago. She set up a small tea party with a few sticks in place of her stuffed toys and poured the water over them by hand. The charade continued for some time until Bo-Mi began to break down and cry with refreshed tears once again tiring herself out until she fell asleep. Though this time when the girl awoke it was pitch black, at least until the moon shown itself for a few brief minutes which gave her a false sense of security to get up and start looking for a way home, until she knocked over one of the sticks she had set up hours earlier.

A sickening crunch accompanied by the loud snap of metal hitting metal, the reverberation ringing out for what seemed like forever. Bo-Mi was frozen in place, terrified, mortified at the sight before her. A bear trap had obliterated the stick that she had served fake tea too earlier that day. Then, it was gone. Everything was gone. The moon had hidden itself behind the clouds once more, and it was all just black.

Carefully, Bo-Mi sat back down, and cried.

After some time she remembered the iPod in her pocket that she had meant to give to her sister. Through watery eyes she managed to select a random song and began to sing along, trying her hardest not to give in to the fear the rattled her bones. At one point she had ended up screaming the lyrics more so than singing, pushing herself through fits of tears, until once more, the small, weakening, starving girl lost herself to the grips of slumber.

This time, when she woke up, it wasn't in the forest, but a hospital. An IV drip giving her the nutrients she so desperately needed, and learning her stomach had to be pumped from the unsafe water, as well as having to take antibiotics to prevent her from getting an infection.

Katie was there, holding onto her younger siblings hand so tightly it almost hurt. Auntie Rin stayed outside watching through the window worriedly but wanted to give the girls time together, having already more than scolded Katie for being so reckless and careless.

The pain Bo-Mi saw in her big sister's eyes was almost unbearable to watch.

Weakly, with a raspy, coarse, and rough overly strained voice, Bo-Mi began to sing the song that had carried her through the previous night; Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive". After a few moments Katie, with a quivering lip, began to sing along, and they sang until sleep once again came to collect their sorrows.

Last edited:
callie
mcallister
paramedic

BASICS
Full Name: Calliste McAllister
Nickname(s): Callie, Cal, Alice, Sunshine
D.O.B: April 3rd
Pronouns: she/her

APPEARANCE
Height: 5'6"
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
Scars: a series of shrapnel scars mark the outside of her left leg - ankle to waist. Several small incisions on her left shoulder from a proximal humerus fracture surgery.
Body Modifications: "XใƒปIIIใƒปMMXVIII" tattooed on the inside of her right wrist. A sword and snake tattooed from sternum to diaphragm.
Face Claim: Madeline Ford
Physical Ailments: muscle weakness/tendinopathy/nerve damage in left leg, left shoulder

PERSONALITY
Mental Ailments: Complex PTSD, Co-morbid Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Vices:
Selfless to a Fault: Callie's drive to help others is not only part of her, but with her background, it is her purpose. She struggles to separate that duty from her social life. She gets herself in situations without consideration for her own well-being if it means she can help someone else. Often, she struggles to put herself first.
Cortisol is a Drug: Cal doesn't know how to relax anymore. She hasn't had time to slow down or take time for herself since she left the military, and she's chronically bad at it. Putting her in an environment where there is nothing to do but unwind will be a potentially catastrophic change.
Bright-Eyed: She has become excellent at producing a mask. She's a generally positive person anyway, but she is exceptionally good at putting on a pretty face even when she is having the worst time.
Fearless: Cal is something of an adrenaline junkie, though she doesn't take the time to indulge it much.
Virtues:
Calm: It takes a lot to ruffle Callie's feathers. In tense situations she can stay level headed, and isn't easily put off.
Fiercely Loyal: It's something about that military mentality, but Callie makes fast friends, and she'll go to the end with them if she has to.
Determined: When Cal sets her mind to something, it may as well be the will of some god. She won't stop until the task is done.

PERSONA
Likes: a challenge, art, adventures, coffee, red bull, running
Dislikes: thunder, fireworks, sudden noises, sour things
Hobbies: drabbly poetry, working out, workworkwork
Habits: daily journaling,
Fears: hitting a depressive low, trypophobia, fast moving water

QUESTIONS
Her coworkers thought it would be hilarious to apply on her behalf - and on the off chance she was selected she would finally have to take some time off. When she was on some fluke picked, she committed, only because she's not one to back down from a challenge and her shift mate was beyond excited.
She wants to make the best of it - maybe even teach herself to relax a little bit. A relationship would be bonus points.
Cal has always been drawn to people who are a little rough around the edges. Her ideal partner challenges her, and can meet her humor and trash-talk halfway.
Callie can sometimes be intensely private, and in this circumstance would prefer to be alone, but she has bunked with thirty people in a tent before; she can deal with it if need be.

HISTORY
TLDR; she was in the army as a combat medic, lost her brother, became a paramedic in Detroit.
Calliste is bright and warm, but she hasn't had the smoothest run of life so far. Cal comes from a long line of soldiers - her three brothers enlisted, so it came as no surprise that she did too. Between the four of them they had the branches pretty much covered, or at least that was the joke. Her eldest brother took a pilot slot in the Air Force, the next was in the Navy, and her closest, Alan, was a Marine. Cal closed the loop and joined the Army, though not as some door kicker or infantry type. No - she was a medic, and a damned good one.

Cal, or 'Alice' as her unit called her, got a healthy dose of the worst the world had to offer in a short span. Within her first two years she was deployed. She quickly proved herself as an adept combat medic, keeping calm in the worst of situations. She made a name for herself because of it and was often referred to as 'Sunshine' because she was endlessly positive and upbeat even when hell was erupting around them.

Over the next four years of her enlistment her world became red crosses and flack jackets. She was deployed three more times, and each time it was worse. The fights got bloodier, the tactics became more merciless and underhanded, and still she was bubbly and light. Even after loosing her compatriots, even after holding dying men to her, she kept on a pretty face, pushing through tears. At night, she'd sit under the stars of vast deserts and cry quietly, emptying herself that she might last another day.

It was on her last deployment before she was set to reenlist that they got a call for a mass casualty event. A suicide bomber had detonated in a crowded square, and they were set to respond to both civilians and the Marines that had been there to control the crowd. Callie was now more experienced than most, and took over triage management, directing and conforming the chaos to something manageable. And then someone called her name.

She turned to find Alan, bloody and wide-eyed on a cot. He'd been hit with shrapnel, but would likely be okay. The two shared a few incredulous moments, making light of the situation with laughter and needling jokes about jar-heads and pogs, but Alan paused mid-sentence. A strange and familiar sound whistled high above the half-destroyed building they were using as a field hospital. It was a sound Alan recognized. In a sudden movement, he threw himself at Callie, rolling on top of her just as the mortar made impact. What followed was a blur of sound and screaming, but in the end Callie walked away wounded, and Alan did not. She couldn't save him. She delivered his neatly folded flag to his wife and an identical one to their parents, and when the day came to sign up for another round of service? Calliste McAlister declined, ending her tour of service to her country.

Civilian life was strange, but she adjusted quickly, finishing her degree in short order. Scrolling through job openings, she found one that was more a plea than anything. Detroit couldn't keep paramedics around. They always rotated out the second they had the chance. So she took the job, and moved as far away from her family as she could. She's still the bright, positive woman she was before her brother died, but the experience haunts her.
coded by ukiiyo

BASICS
Full Name: Calliste McAllister
Nickname(s): Callie, Cal, Alice, Sunshine
D.O.B: April 3rd
Pronouns: she/her

APPEARANCE
Height: 5'6"
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
Scars: a series of shrapnel scars mark the outside of her left leg - ankle to waist. Several small incisions on her left shoulder from a proximal humerus fracture surgery.
Body Modifications: "XใƒปIIIใƒปMMXVIII" tattooed on the inside of her right wrist. A sword and snake tattooed from sternum to diaphragm.
Face Claim: Madeline Ford
Physical Ailments: muscle weakness/tendinopathy/nerve damage in left leg, left shoulder

PERSONALITY
Mental Ailments: Complex PTSD, Co-morbid Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Vices:
Selfless to a Fault: Callie's drive to help others is not only part of her, but with her background, it is her purpose. She struggles to separate that duty from her social life. She gets herself in situations without consideration for her own well-being if it means she can help someone else. Often, she struggles to put herself first.
Cortisol is a Drug: Cal doesn't know how to relax anymore. She hasn't had time to slow down or take time for herself since she left the military, and she's chronically bad at it. Putting her in an environment where there is nothing to do but unwind will be a potentially catastrophic change.
Bright-Eyed: She has become excellent at producing a mask. She's a generally positive person anyway, but she is exceptionally good at putting on a pretty face even when she is having the worst time.
Fearless: Cal is something of an adrenaline junkie, though she doesn't take the time to indulge it much.
Virtues:
Calm: It takes a lot to ruffle Callie's feathers. In tense situations she can stay level headed, and isn't easily put off.
Fiercely Loyal: It's something about that military mentality, but Callie makes fast friends, and she'll go to the end with them if she has to.
Determined: When Cal sets her mind to something, it may as well be the will of some god. She won't stop until the task is done.

PERSONA
Likes: a challenge, art, adventures, coffee, red bull, running
Dislikes: thunder, fireworks, sudden noises, sour things
Hobbies: drabbly poetry, working out, workworkwork
Habits: daily journaling,
Fears: hitting a depressive low, trypophobia, fast moving water

QUESTIONS
Her coworkers thought it would be hilarious to apply on her behalf - and on the off chance she was selected she would finally have to take some time off. When she was on some fluke picked, she committed, only because she's not one to back down from a challenge and her shift mate was beyond excited.
She wants to make the best of it - maybe even teach herself to relax a little bit. A relationship would be bonus points.
Cal has always been drawn to people who are a little rough around the edges. Her ideal partner challenges her, and can meet her humor and trash-talk halfway.
Callie can sometimes be intensely private, and in this circumstance would prefer to be alone, but she has bunked with thirty people in a tent before; she can deal with it if need be.

HISTORY
TLDR; she was in the army as a combat medic, lost her brother, became a paramedic in Detroit.
Calliste is bright and warm, but she hasn't had the smoothest run of life so far. Cal comes from a long line of soldiers - her three brothers enlisted, so it came as no surprise that she did too. Between the four of them they had the branches pretty much covered, or at least that was the joke. Her eldest brother took a pilot slot in the Air Force, the next was in the Navy, and her closest, Alan, was a Marine. Cal closed the loop and joined the Army, though not as some door kicker or infantry type. No - she was a medic, and a damned good one.

Cal, or 'Alice' as her unit called her, got a healthy dose of the worst the world had to offer in a short span. Within her first two years she was deployed. She quickly proved herself as an adept combat medic, keeping calm in the worst of situations. She made a name for herself because of it and was often referred to as 'Sunshine' because she was endlessly positive and upbeat even when hell was erupting around them.

Over the next four years of her enlistment her world became red crosses and flack jackets. She was deployed three more times, and each time it was worse. The fights got bloodier, the tactics became more merciless and underhanded, and still she was bubbly and light. Even after loosing her compatriots, even after holding dying men to her, she kept on a pretty face, pushing through tears. At night, she'd sit under the stars of vast deserts and cry quietly, emptying herself that she might last another day.

It was on her last deployment before she was set to reenlist that they got a call for a mass casualty event. A suicide bomber had detonated in a crowded square, and they were set to respond to both civilians and the Marines that had been there to control the crowd. Callie was now more experienced than most, and took over triage management, directing and conforming the chaos to something manageable. And then someone called her name.

She turned to find Alan, bloody and wide-eyed on a cot. He'd been hit with shrapnel, but would likely be okay. The two shared a few incredulous moments, making light of the situation with laughter and needling jokes about jar-heads and pogs, but Alan paused mid-sentence. A strange and familiar sound whistled high above the half-destroyed building they were using as a field hospital. It was a sound Alan recognized. In a sudden movement, he threw himself at Callie, rolling on top of her just as the mortar made impact. What followed was a blur of sound and screaming, but in the end Callie walked away wounded, and Alan did not. She couldn't save him. She delivered his neatly folded flag to his wife and an identical one to their parents, and when the day came to sign up for another round of service? Calliste McAllister declined, ending her tour of service to her country.

Civilian life was strange, but she adjusted quickly, finishing her degree in short order. Scrolling through job openings, she found one that was more a plea than anything. Detroit couldn't keep paramedics around. They always rotated out the second they had the chance. So she took the job, and moved as far away from her family as she could. She's still the bright, positive woman she was before her brother died, but the experience haunts her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back