• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love Island - S11 - Character Apps

rosar.io

a vanishing cabinet
'ello everyone!

it's still early days, so feel free to apply for any islander role! we'll start off with 6-8 original islanders, meaning there are up to 7 available spots. this is not first come, first serve - please keep that in mind.

you can also apply for the first bombshell, who will be an og islander's ex, and jump in shortly after the rp begins.

any other bombshell or casa amor applications will join intermittently. if you apply for an og islander, you can also apply for a bombshell/casa amor islander! some characters will get dumped, but you can absolutely stay involved in the roleplay with other characters. or perhaps your first character will return as a surprise?

you never know on love island!

the only requirements for applications are:
- realistic face claims (no art, sorry)
- responses to this 'interview' portion. answers can be 1-5 sentences long:​
  1. What are your biggest icks?​
  2. What's your ideal first date?​
  3. What do you look for in a partner?​
  4. How would your friends describe you?​
  5. What will you bring to the villa?​
  6. What has your dating experience been like?​

Love Island
©

og islander

Amani Hughes
portayed by: yandeh sallah

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

tara.c.smith

• filler tab. ignore!

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
66F7E7C8-7630-4738-ADD8-24A7420552C0.gif

MI-SUN “AURORA” GYOUNG
OG ISLANDER
8/1/2000 (23 YEARS OLD)
LESBIAN

“What are your biggest icks?” - For me, it’s when a girl is just too…overbearing. Or too dominant of me. Controlling. Now, here’s the funny thing, I like being the boss too, and I don’t just mean…you get it. But when someone tries to micromanage every aspect of my life and, ESPECIALLY, if they invade my privacy, it’s a no-go. Also when someone lies and is obviously being fake, or the richie richies who try to buy you all of these nice things to try to win you over. People have called me a human lie detector. I know some rather disgusting people are a fan of it, but I also don’t support mutual infidelity in any way, shape, or form. Open marriages and polygamy, I know some people enjoy it and I’m not going to condemn anyone for this, aren’t really my thing either. My body is for my partner and my partner alone. Also, I’d really prefer for this that my partner not have a child from another marriage. It just…I’m not their mother…and there has to be a reason they’re with a single parent, right? And lastly, I’d prefer someone within 2-3 years of me, age gaps more than that are really icky. Well, age gaps in general.

“What is your ideal first date?” - Hmm…okay, this is going to sound weird, but I love testing people’s limits. I think this would be more of a second date vibes, but everything minus the breakfast I could see working on a first date. My partner first has to wake up (they can choose whenever, I’m a deep sleeper) and make me my birthday breakfest: two red velvet cupcakes, three poached eggs (not on top, please), and a passionfruit and spinach quiche. Then, after that, we can go shopping along the boulevard, buy whatever we want. The rule is that we have to spend 501 dollars on each other, nothing more (we ignore tax, hehe) and nothing less. That’s the time I was born, after all. Then there’s this AWESOME place by the coast where we can go axe throwing. I LOVE axe throwing. Don’t worry, I’m not psycho. Then after that, I’d love to go to a good ramen and sushi place right out there with the windows overlooking the ocean. And then we PARTY!

What do you look for in a partner?” - For me, I just need someone who’s honest. Someone who’s not necessarily sensitive, but willing to talk to me about their issues. I’d love an open line of communication between the two of us. And if they don’t find us compatible, I definitely will not be upset, I just need to know too. I love being a therapist to people. When they want it, of course. I know I said I don’t like shady rich people, but I also would like someone who’s not frugal, willing to treat me out a bit. Treat both of us out, I mean. I don’t like frugal people. It seems overall that they just aren’t willing to have a little fun. I LOVE the daredevils, people who would gladly go axe throwing and skydiving with me in a heartbeat. However, there is a different between being bold and reckless. I hate reckless people. I also would love someone a bit more chill (theater reference, anyone?), who is much more laidback and is willing to break and bend the rules of society a bit and isn’t like a…total perfectionist, I guess. Lastly, can I please get someone at least somewhat flirtatious? I like having signs, alright?

“What would your friends describe you as?” - HA. I asked my friends this a while ago, like a year or two:
- Chloe: “Aurora’s like…hip. Also really chill. She loves to be the life of the party and is just super…nonchalant about everything.”
- Kiki: “Rori’s just a total beast. She’s not afraid to legit do the impossible and bend the rules a bit while she’s at it.”
- Eden: “Am I going to be the only honest one here? I love Ror, I really do, but she can be a bit bossy sometimes. Super passionate about whatever she does, however.”
- Willow: “Oh, boy. Aurora’s a ticking time bomb. She also like…is the playboy bunny costume incarnate. Minus like 80% of the…yeah, this is being recorded. I’ll shut up now.”

“What will you bring to the Villa?” - Not a new perspective, I’ll tell you that. I feel like I’ll bring a bold and exciting personality, hopefully as an inspiration for my fellow cast members. I want to be a role model, after all, aren’t we here to chase after the people of our dreams? God, this is going to sound like a job application. I can also act as a therapist, I’m here in case someone just needs someone to vent to. These shows are ROUGH. I also have plenty of cooking experience, mostly traditional Korean but also a bit of Hispanic and BBQ too, Australian to be specific. I’ve taken a few mixology classes as well. I also aced a survival skills class. Wow. This answer is really short compared to the others now, is it?

“What has your dating experience been like?” - Oooh, boy. I’ve been involved in romance from a young age. I had my first kiss when I was 11 I think. One of those like “we’re both going through puberty so why not type things”. I didn’t get into my first real relationship until I was 15, it was this transfer student from Hawaii and she was sexy, so we dated for a few months. We broke up by beginning of sophomore year though. It probably was nothing romantic, looking back on it. My first “I could see myself spending the rest of my life with this person” was when I was 17. I’d had a crush on her for about a year, super athletic, and also super flirty. We went to Northeastern, in Boston together. Then…she cheated on me with some guy who got her pregnant…so yeah, we broke things off. That was…what…a year and a half ago now? I’ve kind of sworn off dating since then, if you get my drift. But let’s see how this goes!”

Last edited:

Kenzo

loverboy

full name

Kenzo yeong

nickname(s)

zo, sunshine, darling, angel

male

Kr. Name

겐조

Sexuality

bisexual

ethnicity

korean &. Australian

• hair

his hair is silky and straight, often he dyes it and is currently at shoulder length

eyes

warm almond shaped and brown

height

5 ‘3

body mods.

strong, slim

faceclaim

Lee Felix

♡coded by uxie♡

1. What are your biggest icks? people who are too overconfident, selfish or self entitled.
  2. What's your ideal first date? perhaps a relaxing picnic in a field or a quiet walk across the beach
  3. What do you look for in a partner? i look for honesty and kindness
  4. How would your friends describe you? bubbly, clingy sometimes.
  5. What will you bring to the villa? positivity c:
  6. What has your dating experience been like? I had a girlfriend when I was 13 then a boyfriend at 16 and that’s it lol

628a67bace967c47d7141f644f6471ac.gif

Character Chart ❦
Character’s full name: Teresa Mannie Evald
Reason or meaning of name: This name Teresa derives from the Ancient Greek “therízein (θήρίζεἰν) therízo (θερίζω) Therasía (Θηρεσία),” arrived in Europe via the Ancient Greek (Latinized) form “Teresia,” meaning “to reap, to harvest, harvester (ancient name of the Greek island Thira).” Its popularity likely increased due to the prominence of several Roman Catholic saints: 1) Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, (Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu) (Mother Teresa), was an ethnic Albanian, Indian Roman Catholic nun. She said, “by blood, I am Albanian.” 2) Teresa of Ávila (Teresa Sánchez de Cepeda Y Ahumada) was a prominent Spanish mystic, Roman Catholic saint, Carmelite nun, writer of the counter-reformation, and theologian of contemplative life through mental prayer. She was a reformer of the Carmelite order, and she is considered a founder of the Discalced Carmelites and John of the cross. Mannie is a short form of Emmanuel and Manfred. It is of Hebrew and Germanic origin and comes from the following roots: (IMANU'ÉL) and (MEGINFRID). [ Not really a lot of things for the nickname Mannie but that's alright! ] This name derives from the Old High German “Ewawald,” composed of two elements: “*aịu-” (lifetime, vitality, eternity, ever) plus “*waldaʐ” (ruler, might, mighty one, power, powerful one). The Two Ewalds were Saint Ewald the Black and Saint Ewald the Fair, martyrs in Old Saxony about 692. Both bore the same name but were distinguished by the difference in the color of their hair and complexions. They are now honored as saints in Westphalia.
Character’s nickname: Mannie
Reason for nickname: Her mother picked it because it was a uncommon nickname. [ I feel so lazy right now but I'll probably edit it ]
Birth date: She was born in between the days of October 23 - November 21.

Physical appearance ❣
How old does he/she appear: She appears the ages of 18-21 years old. A bit younger than she looks.
Weight: She weights 58 kg, which would be 127.868 lbs.
Height: She's 4'11
Body build: She's born of a soft built woman with a hourglasses figure, although she doesn't have much to offer in the front.
Shape of face: She has a very soft almond shape.
Eye color: Her eye color is a very dark chocolate color but with a slight hint of hazel.
Glasses or contacts: She wears bayonetta glasses with cow prints on them, on the arms it says Chanel.
Skin tone: Her skin color is a mix with a honey color and a Almond color.
Distinguishing marks: She has a pretty big mole on her chin. She has braces so yeah, she also has a Nez piercing, also a Septum piercing and a Monroe piercing.
Predominant features: She has pretty long ears, they almost look like elf ears. I believe they call it Stahl's ears.
Hair color: She's a brunette with light blonde highlight around her bangs but they very faded.
Type of hair: Her hair is 1B, leaning a bit towards 1C.
Hairstyle: Her hair is straight but it's slightly fuzzy with whispy bangs.
Voice: Her voice sound very close to Eillie Williams from TLOS, but her's is more raspy and chill.
Overall attractiveness: She really doesn't care
Physical disabilities: She has a weak shoulder blades for some odd reasons but genetics, around her father's side.
Usual fashion of dress: Y2K OR Very model style of clothing.
Favorite outfit: She really doesn't have any to be honest.
Jewelry or accessories: She wears a lots of rings, she likes to stack up bracelets and rings. She also likes to wear a jade necklace which is a family heirloom.
Personal things 𖣔
Good personality traits: It's hard to describe a complex person like Teresa Mannie Evald, but above else know that she's intuitive and daring. Of course she's also trusting, good-natured and dynamic, but they're tainted by and mixed with habits of being narrow-minded as well.
Her intuition though, this is what she's most popular for. People regularly count on this and her understanding nature when they're in need of support.
Bad personality traits: Nobody's perfect of course and Teresa has a range of flaws to deal with too. Her blunt nature and shallowness tend to get in the way and just affect all around negatively.
Fortunately her daring nature is there to relift spirits when needed.
Mood character is most often in: She's either in a flirty mood or in a chill mood.
Sense of humor: Dark humor and Mom Humor, Old people Humor.
Character’s greatest joy in life: The greatest joy in her life, is when she brought a house not rent it, brought.
Character’s greatest fear: Her biggest fear would probably be the fear of clowns, or being alone, growing up in a big house with three other kids and one parent would explain it.
What single event would most throw this character’s life into complete turmoil? ❣
Character is most at ease when: When she's near people, and near animals.
Most ill at ease when: When people invade her personal space and when people won't leave her alone as much as she loves being around people, there are time where she needs to be alone.
Enraged when: It doesn't happen often but when people talk behind her back or talk ill about people in her personal lifes.
Depressed or sad when: She mainly gets sad at the thought of old people weird right. She often gets sad at the thought of animal abusers.
Priorities: Making friends or Finding love
Life philosophy: Existentialism
If granted one wish, it would be: Probably to live in a world without violence and animal abuse and a world filled with meat.
Character’s soft spot: She has a huge soft spot for animals.
Is this soft spot obvious to others?: Probably but she wouldn't care.
Greatest strength: It would be science, cooking especially with meat and modeling.
Greatest vulnerability or weakness: Food
Biggest regret: Working with big corporations that harm animals.
Minor regret: Leaving his home town.
Biggest accomplishment: Modeling
Minor accomplishment: Getting her first contract.
Past failures he/she would be embarrassed to have people know about: She used list her exs for the army...
Character’s darkest secret: She used to have drinking problems and went to rehab.
Does anyone else know?: Her parents and close friends.
Goals 𖣘
Drives and motivations: Her motivation is being big in life and being remembered.
Immediate goals: She wants to change the fashion world to be less harsh and cruel towards their models.
Long term goals: ^^
How the character plans to accomplish these goals: She doesn't have a plan, maybe it will developed in the future.
How other characters will be affected: Don't know.
Character's Sexuality: Unlabeled
Character's role: Casa Amor thingie

Past ✔
Hometown/City: Fort Lauderdale [ Florida ]
Type of childhood: She had a pretty chill childhood, her house was often crowded because she grew up with a single mom and three other kids.
Pets: She doesn't have one but she's hoping ti get a cat in the future.
First memory: [ Too lazy to think of one. ]
Most important childhood memory: Where she played as Regina in mean girls, it will probably be the most fun memory she has.
Childhood hero: Ayesha Erotica, She was a bit too young to be listening to her...
Dream job: Model
Education: Private school
Religion: Christan, Her family aren't hardcore Christians, they only go to once in a while not every sunday.
Finances: Middle class, so I would say their finances is/were pretty good.
Present ꨄ
Current location: LA
Currently living with: Nobody
Pets: She'll probably get one in the near future but not right now.
Religion: Still Christian
Finances: Still middle class but leaning a bit towards upper class, but her finances are still good.
Family ☻
Mother: Carmela Angel Evald
Relationship with her: Pretty good
Father: ???
Relationship with him: Doesn't know him
Siblings: [ Too lazy to write their names. ]
Relationship with them: Good but they don't talk to either other often.
Spouse: She doesn't have one currently.
Relationship with him/her: N/A
Children: N/A
Relationship with them: N/A
Other important family members: N/A
Favorites ☾
Color: Sage green, any soft colors really.
Least favorite color: Neon colors...
Music: Rap + R&B + Pc Music + Pop + Retro Pop + EDM. She pretty much likes any song genre but country.
Food: Mac n cheese
Mode of transportation: Her own car
Most prized possession: Her jade necklace.
Habits ✞
Hobbies: Art and Cooking
Plays a musical instrument: Piano, She's still learning.
Plays a sport?: She used to play volleyball and do track.
How he/she would spend a rainy day: Eating or Sleeping
Spending habits: No, but she enjoys spoiling others.
Smokes: Not really?
Drinks: Used to.
Other drugs: Hell no.
What does he/she do too much of?: Probably jokes a bit too much.
What does he/she do too little of?: Being serious, ig.
Extremely skilled at: Track, Cooking, Science
Extremely unskilled at: Math...

Traits 𓆉
Optimist or pessimist?: Optimistic
Introvert or extrovert?: Extrovert
Daredevil or cautious?: A little of both
Logical or emotional?: Logical
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat?: She may be a little of a Clean freak.
Prefers working or relaxing?: Relaxing
Confident or unsure of himself/herself?: Pretty confident
Animal lover?: Hell yeah
Self-perception ☆
How he/she feels about himself/herself: Pretty good
One word the character would use to describe self: " Unserious "
One paragraph description of how the character would describe self: WIP
What does the character consider his/her best personality trait?: " I have dad jokes for dads, "
What does the character consider his/her worst personality trait? " I'm hardheaded, at least that's what people say about me. "
What does the character consider his/her best physical characteristic?: " My smile, I think "
What does the character consider his/her worst physical characteristic? " My height "
How does the character think others perceive him/her: " I don't really care "
What would the character most like to change about himself/herself: " My height of course "
Relationships with others ♡
Opinion of other people in general: [ Will edit it later ]
Does the character hide his/her true opinions and emotions from others?: [ Will edit later in the rp. ]
Person character most hates: ^^
Best friend(s): ^^
Love interest(s): ^^
Person character goes to for advice: ^^
Person character feels responsible for or takes care of: ^^
Person character feels shy or awkward around: ^^
Person character openly admires: ^^
Person character secretly admires: ^^
Most important person in character’s life before story starts: Herself
After story starts: [ Like I said I'll edit it later. ]
Questions ఌ
[ Stil working on it ]