• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love Island: Ex on the Beach

Characters
Here

Dani Kim

“If you say so.” Dani offered a kind smile, and began focusing her energies on the target ahead of them. Which at current was basically just whatever space was in front of them. At a normal time this would be discouraging, but since she’d been anticipating the worst she wasn’t too bothered. After all things could be much much worse. She could’ve had far nastier companion. They’d all been nothing but nice to her, which was rather uncommon for Reality TV.

“That’s so interesting!” Dani commented, glancing back at Josephine. Unlike Isolde, she’d always been a huge fan of the arts, though her passions lay more towards the visual mediums. “After I got my degree I knew I was done for good with school.” She chuckled. “But I think it’s so cool that there are people who want to further their education.”

The dialogue was quickly interrupted by Ambrose’s running. As soon as the Mansion entered her peripheral vision her brain went to auto pilot. Though she felt exhausted later, she dashed towards the house with all the speed her body could muster. Fortunately for her she had ran track in High School. Unfortunately for her she hadn’t practiced in years, she had no time to warm up, and she had to account for her other team members. She told herself she could come back for them, but she wasn’t entirely convinced. And eventually for her, the thought of disqualification on a loophole was not steep enough for her to come back to Isolde who was obviously struggling.

She trailed Ambrose, though she had to admit that she was briefly distracted by a half naked man running towards the pool. If she had been more inclined to find that kind of thing appealing then she might have stared a little longer. But thankfully for her, she was able to regain the lead, and catch up with Ambrose.

Determined

Mansion

@DarkiusHeavenstein, Veil Walker Veil Walker , LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki

nine lives

l99Cvb7.jpg
Skylar Cavallo
Hot and Cold
Skylar struggled to contain her excitement as she waited for Dante to answer. While she waited, she took a moment to look more closely at him. He certainly didn’t leave much to the imagination, that was for sure. His chocolate brown hair, dark eyes, tanned skin, and clearly drool-worthy body all came together to create a perfect specimen of a man. His sophisticated style of dress, even in summer clothes, made him even better in her eyes. She had always been a fan of a man with a decent fashion sense. She supposed that came with growing up in wealthy social circles—she’d mostly only ever hung out with guys who had the same size trust fund as she did. That wasn’t to say she could never find herself interested in a man of lesser fortune, should she find one worth her time. Who knew, maybe one day, she would.

She laughed as she noticed both guys turning to watch as the redhead woman’s clothes became soaked through with water, the smile staying on her face even after she stopped laughing. It was such a predictable reaction, but she didn’t blame them. Hell, she had to admit, even she was a little captivated by the sight for a moment. She had always been one to appreciate a beautiful woman when she saw one. Turning her attention back to Dante, she smiled as he responded to her earlier question. She could see the sparkle of appreciation in his eyes from her show of restraining herself from bombarding him with the boatload of questions running through her head. They would be here for three months, and the only people they could talk to was each other—she was sure she could find time later for a more extensive conversation.

She turned to the side a bit to look at the other man when she heard him introduce himself, chuckling when she heard Dante mispronounce his name. Demetrius. It wasn’t a name Skylar heard very often, and she had to admit, it fit the man. She couldn’t really explain why she thought so, but she did.
“It’s nice to meet you, Demetrius,” she greeted with a smile, more than happy to have gotten two of three of her group’s names. Now all that was left was to find out the name of the beautiful redhead currently trudging her way out of the calm ocean waves to the rest of the group. Skylar smiled at her when she reached them, the grin becoming wider when the woman introduced herself. She absolutely adored this woman’s energy. She was so lively.

She didn’t respond right away, her gaze flicking back over to Demetrius as he corrected Dante’s mispronunciation of his name. Though she liked his name, she was glad to know he was alright with it being shortened. She was a fan of nicknames. She herself had two that she’d gone by: Sky and Anne. Mateo was the one who started calling her Sky back when they first met, and it had stuck in her usual social circles. Anne, however, was a name she’d told her close friends to start calling her by when she decided it was time to remove herself from Mateo’s life and him from hers. She figured if she eliminated her name, it would eliminate his preferred nickname and help her to forget he existed.

Skylar snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the darker tone of Demetrius’s voice as he responded to Ramona. Having not heard what the woman had said, Skylar attempted to figure it out from D’s words alone. Upon hearing that Demetrius had been forced in the show, she figured Ramona’s comment had been something along the lines of “Be happy”. She had to admit, she was a little put off to discover the show’s producers had removed some of the contestants’ choice in the matter. Wasn’t that illegal? Surely, they weren’t allowed to force people to participate.

Skylar stood still as Demetrius stalked off with a frown, barely having a moment to process the sudden 180 of the mood of her group before Dante called out and walked after him. She stayed where she was for a moment, watching as Dante offered her and Ramona a shrug before turning to continue following Demetrius. Looking down at her phone, she checked her map to ensure they were heading in generally the right direction before she turned to Ramona and motioned her after the guys ahead of her. When Ramona started walking, Skylar fell into step beside her, eager to see the mansion. She was quiet for only a second before she spoke.

“So, Grizzly Bears, huh? I’d like to swim with dolphins sometime, live on an island just like this one.”
Interaction: Dante ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein ), Demetrius ( Veil Walker Veil Walker ), and Ramona ( Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 )
Mention: Mateo ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein )
Outfit:
Top & Skirt + Sandals

Guess-Spring-Summer-2018-Accessories-Campaign-004.jpg
Dixon McConnall
The Cheater
The flirty mood that had existed between the other three men was abundantly clear to Dixon as he finally stood beside them, his question hanging in the air between the four of them. The two leaner guys were most definitely a couple of diehard flirts, each with two very different styles of doing so. The taller one seemed to prefer coming on strong and confident, while the other seemed to prefer a more subtle approach. Judging by the unaffected look on the third guy’s face, neither of their methods were working with him, though Dixon was sure the guy had to know he was the object of rather conspicuous flirtation at the moment.

Dixon was glad when the man responded to his question in a business-like tone, clearly eager to begin the trek to the mansion. The adventurist briefly wondered whether the man wanted to win the credits associated with completing this challenge before the other two groups but wasn’t stupid enough to ask. They’d just arrived—the last thing he wanted was to ask such a question and come across as judgmental and rude before the show had even really begun. If he was going to survive spending three months with a bunch of strangers—especially if the rest of them were anything like the ones he was currently with—he needed to keep his relationships with the contestants at least moderately amicable.

Dixon waited for the other two to start walking before he followed after the first guy. He was pleased to see him head in the correct direction. Dixon had mapped out the most likely route to the mansion in his head on the Jeep ride up there, using his years of amassed navigational skills rather than the useless map to figure it out. A spark of appreciative interest flared up in him as the guy spoke once more, voicing his reasoning for his choice of direction. He was more than pleased to hear there was someone hear who shared his knowledge of the outdoors. This was the kind of person he would very much enjoy talking to, even if no real connection ever formed. Even if he left this show in three months as single and alone as when he’d come into it, he still hoped to make a few lasting friends.

Hendrix. Dixon tested the name on his tongue, a smile pulling up the corners of his lips at the sound of it. It was a unique name, and he found he liked it. There weren’t enough people out there with unique or rare names. So many parents stuck with the generic choices, like Michael or Andrew or Mason. Dixon’s parents were among the increasing few who chose more fruitful names. He quickly found himself wondering what the other two guys’ names were, and found where at least one of them was concerned, he didn’t have to wait very long to find out.

Dixon grinned as the one closest to his height dropped back a step to walk beside him, relieved to be tall and not have to worry about craning his neck to see above him. If there was one thing Dixon would be eternally grateful to have gotten from his father, it was his height. He loved being tall, only because it saved his neck from the pain of spending a lifetime looking up. Dixon’s assumption that this guy approached flirting with a much more upfront style than the shorter one was confirmed as the guy—Wilbur, another pleasantly unique name—gave him a slow smile, trailing his eyes leisurely up and down Dixon’s 6’4” frame. The outdoorsman’s smile never dropped, if anything becoming wider when Wilbur blatantly checked out his ass and then met his gaze.

“You’re not one for subtlety, are you, Wilbur?” Dixon teased, a flirty half smile gracing one side of his lips. He may not be very well-versed in the complicated art of flirting considering his very small number of relationships in his twenty-eight years, but he knew enough to get his point across. He wasn’t nearly as confident in his bravado as these guys clearly were, but he wasn’t afraid to try, either. “I’m Dixon,” he said. He looked ahead of them at where the shorter, more elegantly dressed male now walked beside Hendrix, no doubt continuing his unrequited attempts at flirting. Dixon had no idea whether Hendrix was just hungry, as he’d said, or truly uninterested, but it was clear to him the guy was currently unaffected by the attention.

It wasn’t much longer before the group reached the edge of the forest, and the mansion came into view. Dixon whistled at the sight, stopping for a moment to take it in. It was absolutely breathtaking to him. Dixon had always been an enormous fan of rustic architecture, but such a style was usually only found in much smaller cabins or medium-sized rustic-style homes. It was rare to find an architect talented enough to desire and create a building of this size and have it still feel as homey and rustic as a 1500 square foot log cabin. Dixon was thoroughly impressed, and undeniably eager to spend the next several hours walking through the halls simply admiring it. He would love to know who built—maybe one day he’d have the money to hire the man to build him his own.

He was pulled from his thoughts when he heard the short one of his group shout that he would race them all to the pool. He kept his eyes on him, watching as he started running for the house, stripping off his shirt as he went. Dixon was unashamed as he took a moment to appreciate the sight of the man’s bare skin before pulling his attention away. While it was swelteringly hot outside, Dixon was used to such heat, and he wasn’t really in the mood to go swimming at the moment, though he would certainly go and check it out later. He took a few more steps closer to the mansion, his eyes vigilantly scanning the land around the mansion, wanting to take in the view and maybe take a guess at the total square footage of land the mansion was sitting on.

He found himself freezing his place very suddenly, however, his feet becoming rooted to the ground. Amid taking in the grounds, he’d spotted another group making their way towards the mansion from the other edge of the forest from which he and his group had just come. It wasn’t the group itself that commanded his attention, nor was it the knowledge that they man reach the mansion first and receive the greater number of credits. No, what captured Dixon’s attention so diligently he had to stop walking to make sure he was truly seeing it was one member of the group. One girl.

Isolde.

Interaction: Hendrix ( Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 ), Wilbur ( Veil Walker Veil Walker ), and Mateo ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein )
Mention: Isolde ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein )
Outfit:
Casual

L
The Mansion
M
Anxious (still)
O
JOSEPHINE
OPHELIA
LOWERY

JOSEPHINE LOWERY - The Victim
Josephine grimaced slightly at Ambrose's short response, wondering if she had annoyed him or if the situation in general just wasn't for him. She had always had a habit of attributing any unpleasant happenings to herself, especially when it came to social interactions. It was probably me going on and on about college! I must've spoke for so long! She also noted the slight strain in Isolde's smile when she heard about Josephine's studies. The initial embarrassment seethed in her chest, causing her to blush slightly. This was part of Josephine's issues: when it came to people, every little setback seemed like the end of the world. Josephine found herself having catastrophizing thoughts: I'm so dumb! I should've never come here! I've no business being on a show like this! I'm already making bad impressions!

A saving grace, however, came in the form of Dani. "That's so interesting!" The tension felt as if it was deflating from Josephine's body. She turned to Dani to find that the other girl was glancing back. Josephine managed to chuckle with the short-haired girl at the comment about being done with school. "I-I..." Josephine realized she was still choked up by anxiety and struggled to articulate. Although Josephine did a pretty good job of concealing her nerves in her expressions and her posture, her voice (due to the way her breathing was affected) was the giveaway. She paused for a moment, attempting to calm herself and manage her breathing. After the pause, she managed, "I totally get that, haha." The laugh was airy, if not strained. "I was almost ready to be done with school too, but my love for my college and my craft made me decide to give grad school a shot!" Josephine flashed a warm, honest smile before feeling uneased by a moment of eye contact and turning away.

Then she heard Ambrose speak: "Isn't that it?" And then, suddenly, everyone was running.

Josephine broke into her slightly awkward (although potentially endearing) sprint, saying a word of gratitude to the universe that she had decided to her wear her white tennis shoes. She was close to Isolde with Dani and Ambrose being slightly ahead. Wilbur was always more athletic than me. He would have a lot less trouble with something like this. He never teased me too much for my awkward run, though, which I appreciated. Josephine let the thought go as soon as it came, resolving to not think too much of Wilbur at a time like this, and focused on running.

However, as Josephine ran, she saw Isolde disappear from her peripheral vision. She stopped and turned around to see Isolde trying to take her shoes off. The poetess was about to keep running before she heard Isolde yelp in pain. OH! She's hurt! She might hurt herself more trying to stand on her bad ankle like that! Josephine instinctively put a hand softly to Isolde's shoulder to steady her and keep her from falling. Josephine kept it there for a second before a sudden jolt of worry struck her. Wait! I just touched her without her permission! I was just so worried about her falling that I didn't even consider... Josephine kept her hand on the woman's shoulder for only a few more moments, hopefully enough to keep her from falling and help her take her shoes off, before removing her palm and sprinting in the direction of the mansion again. She breathed a quick "Sorry!" as she ran off.

Josephine noted out of the corner of her eye that there was some (admittedly cute) guy speedily approaching the house... well, approaching the pool... while taking his clothes off. Josephine tilted her head with curiosity as she ran. Does jumping in the pool technically count as "reaching the mansion" for the challenge or...? Trusting Dani and Ambrose's judgment more than the random shirtless man's, Josephine continued trailing them at a decent speed, getting closer and closer to the house.

afraid, yes, but among you again
crying yes risk joy / in the raw wind of the new world.

© pasta

Last edited:
fight or flight

Ambrose blinked at Isolde as she told him to hurry, and very deliberately made no effort whatsoever to move at a faster pace. She could get there first if she really wanted; there was no way he was running. Dani caught up with him quickly - Josephine closely behind - and he had no issues with either of the women getting ahead of him if they wished. He crossed his arms over his chest, looking a lot sulkier than he realised, as he approached the mansion. He had to admit, it was fucking nice. The view was slightly ruined by the guy jumping in the pool, however attractive he was (very), but - Hang on. Guy jumping in the pool?

Ambrose looked over at where he’d come from, and realised that a whole other group was incoming. “Oops,” he muttered, realising that if he had moved faster, they probably would have been first. Oh, well. Who cared, really? He wandered over to the pool, figuring that must count as part of the mansion, and stood facing the water, watching the guy from the other team but trying not to make it obvious; he just figured this was probably where the whole group would congregate. If they didn’t, he didn’t really care. The challenge evidently did not matter to him.
ambrose
MOOD: who cares?

OUTFIT: x

INTERACTIONS: tamarapasek tamarapasek blue-jay blue-jay DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein Veil Walker Veil Walker

code by valen t.

tumblr_p2jxndZ6ri1s9q9zwo1_400.png

Ramona Rowan

Not Enough

"Well, Ramona. You might have signed up for this. You might be excited. But I didn't. This isn't a vacation for me. I got taken, without my say so, on the way to an important press conference. And now people are going to die because I'm stuck here, listening to people tell me to smile."

Ray froze. It had been an exceptionally long time since someone showed her such disdain. Since the redhead usually wore a cheery disposition, it was very rare for whoever she interacted with to react so negatively. She was unsure of what to say… Hell, she was still processing what Demetrius said.

“Kidnapped? Why? Wait… how?”

But before she could respond, the angry contestant stomped away. Practically leaving a trail of smoke in his wake. Calling out to him, Dante followed close behind.

“I guess I should follow them?” She thought, a tad confused.

After collecting her few belongings she began to march forward. Skylar, following que, sauntered up beside her.

“So, Grizzly Bears, huh? I’d like to swim with dolphins sometime, live on an island just like this one.”

Without breaking her stride Ramona grinned an award-winning smile causing her dimples to flash in and out of view. Friendliness came so naturally to Ray. Even in stressful situations.

“Dolphins are pretty cool. And swimming with them is an amazing experience, I highly recommend it.”

As they continued forward she adjusted the strap of her bag to a more comfortable position.

“But yeah. Grizzly Bears. Or any bear really. They are just so stinking adorable! Especially when they play with balloons. I swear to the gods that if I Google Image searched Grizzly’s right now, I’d be overwhelmed by their cuteness and start sobbing.”

1610320870091.png
Hendrix Rowan
High School Sweethearts

Interactions: Veil Walker Veil Walker || Wilbur, DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein || Mateo, Tori Bradley Tori Bradley || Dixon, DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein || Isolde, tamarapasek tamarapasek || Dani, LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki || Ambrose, blue-jay blue-jay || Josephine
Outfit: Summer Wear

"You seem to know your way around the forest well."

Hendrix turned his gaze only to see the pretty boy from earlier.

“Mateo… or something? Ugh, I don’t remember. Better to play it off.”

“Grew up in a forest. Makes sense.”
He responded gruffly. Leaving little to add to the conversation.

The group continued to walk forward, most of the time in absolute silence. They maneuvered around trees and over branches that stood in their way.

"So..." Mateo spoke, breaking the peaceful quiet of the woods.

Whatever the natural flirt had planned on saying died before the sentence could leave his lips. Shortly after shimmying their way through a few overgrown bushes, the forest ended and the mansion came into view.

"Race you to the pool?" He grinned.

Mateo took off before Hendrix could formulate a response.

“Is he…. Stripping?” Hennie murmured to himself as his teammate stripped off his top.

“He is.”

Shaking his head, he moved towards the mansion at what seemed to be a somewhat leisurely pace. Taking his time as opposed to some of the others around him. His only motivation calling him forward was the promise of food and a nap.

As he got closer, he noticed another group of people across the lawn. They seemed to be a random assortment of personalities. Each individual’s style was vastly different from the persons next to them. Four in total. Three women and one extremely beautiful male.

Hendrix always found androgyny aesthetically pleasing, though could never pull it off himself.

One woman in the group, the one who was clearly very well-groomed. Dressed in only the most expensive brands. Who appeared quite the fashionista. She was the one who caught his attention first.

A half-smirk appeared at the corner of Hendrix’s mouth before he could hide it.

Though her gaze seemed determined, her appearance suggested that she did not dress for the land's harsh conditions.

“I’m surprised those shoes made it this far.” He mumbled while watching her hop up and down.

One of her teammates came to assist the poor girl in her time of need. Another beauty with exceedingly kind features. In a way, she reminded him of a much tamer version of his sister.

“Maybe I should carry her the rest of the way.” He thought to himself.

“Her ankle appears injured.”

With a decisive nod, he adjusted his path, heading away from the mansion and towards the other group.

That is… until he finally noticed the other contestant.

“Impossible.” He gasped, wide-eyed and stopping cold in his tracks.

“Dani?”

Demetrius couldn't breathe. He felt the tightness in his chest grow as he struggled to draw in a breath. The world felt as though it was pressing around him as he leaned unsteadily against a tree. In his mind, his words kept repeating themselves, growing harsher and harsher.
'People are going to die... People are going to die. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE.' D felt himself slumping against the tree, gasping for breath as he curled up and tried to clear his head. His emotions overwhelmed him in a cascading tide of anxiety, panic and guilt. He didn't belong here. He belonged safe in his lab. Not on some island with people who would no doubt hate him after his harsh words. Dimly through the noise of his mind and over the sound of his ragged gasps for air, he heard the crunch of approaching footsteps. He let out a ragged breath of relief as he heard the Italian's voice. He didn't know if he could face Ramona right now. He didn't know how to apologize. He'd never been any good at it. Rationally, he knew it wasn't her fault, but he would rather hide away, and pretend it never happened.
"Lontano... Devo scappare..." he replied, his mind fixated on getting away. His eyes were wide and unfocused as he turned a pleading look to Dante. "Help me, please..." He breathed out, his voice a gentle whisper. With shaking hands, Demetrius reached into his pockets, looking for the familiar feeling of his tools.
'Of course,' He thought bitterly. 'They took them away.' With trembling hands, Demetrius reached up under the collar of his shirt, pulling out a battered gold locket he wore. Clumsily, he opened the catch and looked at the image of his little sister. Lucia. She always seemed to calm him. She was the reason he had pushed his way ahead. Through dark days and bitter disappointments, he had kept going. He had made a promise.
"No more dead kids..." Demetrius muttered, forcing himself to his feet. Taking a long breath, Demetrius brushed the dust off, before speaking rapidly.
"Gotta figure out where we're going. So, check our positioning on the map based on our previous position." Demetrius pulls out his phone, checking the map. His sharp mind remembering exactly where his dot had been previously.
"Given we need to head inland, I would assume that our destination lies towards the center of this island. Knowing that, we should head that way," Demetrius said, pointing east. Turning to Dante, he flushed darker, looking at the bigger man's feet.
"Possiamo mantenere quello che è successo tra di noi?" He sheepishly looked up at the other man's face, though it was difficult to do so. It had always been hard for D to look at people, especially after on of his episodes. He knew the man would think less of him, but hoped he wouldn't be so cruel as to reveal to everyone just how weak Demetrius really was.

Wilbur was enjoying the taller man's company immensely. The other man seemed pretty at ease with all the flirting, so Wilbur gave him a smile and another long look.
"Naw, I've never been one for subtlety. Tends to get in the way. I think if somebody wants something, they should just come out and say it. Keeps the world from getting all muddled." Wilbur nodded at the other man's name, reaching a hand out to shake the other man's.
"Nice to meet ya Dixon," Wilbur drawled. He paused when he saw Dixon freeze, a big laugh erupting from his chest.
"What's wrong, you see your ex wife or something?" Wilbur followed his gaze, laughing as he saw Mateo stripping down and jumping in the pool. His gaze panned across, taking in the view of another group of lovely people. Then it was Wilbur's turn to freeze as he saw someone he never thought he'd see again.
"Jo girl? Can't be, I must be seeing things..." Wilbur slowly approached the mansion, a feeling of cold dread filling up his gut as he became more and more positive that the person he was seeing was Josephine. It made him want to run back into the trees. He could probably survive out in the wilds for a time, if he needed to. It wasn't guilt that made him want to run, though he certainly felt his fair share. It was worry over what might happen to Josephine if she saw him. The last thing he wanted was to hurt her again. It was why he had left, or at least what he had told himself. She was worthy of being with someone who wasn't a man whore. Someone who wasn't... Him. He knew he'd end up hurting her, so he had told her part of the truth. Not the good parts, no. Not the fact that her smile lit up his world. Not the fact he'd trade all the sex in the world if it just meant he could wake up to her. No, he'd told her she was nothing but a bet, an ugly lie wrapped up in a muddled truth.

Wilbur took a deep breath and moved towards the mansion, trying to ignore her. Trying to remain the aloof predator he had been before they had met. It wasn't working, but Wilbur could only try. His smile was gone now, replaced by a blank expression as he moved towards the pool and the larking Mateo, hoping the other predator could provide some protection against a heart he had tried to freeze a long time ago. He knew it wouldn't work, but he was desperate for something, anything to numb the pain of seeing her again, to numb the joy of seeing her smile. Because he knew as soon as she saw him, that smile would be gone. And that would break what was left of Wilbur's heart.

neels.jpg

Mateo Echevarría
Hot and Cold

The white fabric quickly left his body and flew through the air. Not one of Mateos problems were the clothing piece ended up. He would collect it later, or not. The temperatures were comfortable enough to stay half naked. And a little bit of sun would give his already slightly sunkissed skin that lovely effortless bronze tone that so many people tried to copy with bad spray jobs and sun beds. Shoes were left behind without a second thought, luckily he had worn his not too fancy shoes so they had been easy to kick off, without having to undo the laces.

His hands moved to his hips as his pants were the next item to get off, albeit with a bit more difficulty to hold up the running pace. He put his phone in the pocket, before they fully went down to the ground, almost at the edge of the pool. And then he jumped and dove into the refreshing water. His eyes closed as he moved along the bottom of the pool for a moment, before coming up for air and noticing the starry light decorated ceiling above him. He shook his head as he sent some water drops flying all around him, before running his hands through his hair to slick it all back. He turned around to look at the inside of the mansion. Oh my, perhaps he shouldn't have judged the outside that much... Still he didn't like the overdone wood details, but the rest seemed rather modern. "Damnnn."

He was about to make his way over towards the little stairs to climb out of the water, when he realized he had of course not been the only one. He swam back to the outside part of the pool and apperantly he had drawn a few more set of eyes. His lips curling up to a lazy smirk as he took in the other team. Three ladies and a male, who couldn't seem more impressed or delighted with the current situation. Mateo wasn't one to stare, but it would be a lie to say that male didn't hold his attention for just a bit longer. If only for the fact he seemed to be so out of place. "Ah, Wilbur!" He grinned when he noticed the other male, "come, join me in the water." With a few movements he had made his way over to the edge that was closest to the other. "I'd love to see some more of your body..." he spoke, not at all aware of the changed mood. Nor how the other two males seemed to be struck by lightning upon seeing the ladies.
Interaction: Sly Hot stuff 2, Wilbur Hagen Veil Walker Veil Walker
Mention: The ladies tamarapasek tamarapasek blue-jay blue-jay DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein // The out of place, grumpy male LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki
Outfit: Simple, but classy

The white fabric quickly left his body and flew through the air. Not one of Mateos problems were the clothing piece ended up. He would collect it later, or not. The temperatures were comfortable enough to stay half naked. And a little bit of sun would give his already slightly sunkissed skin that lovely effortless bronze tone that so many people tried to copy with bad spray jobs and sun beds. Shoes were left behind without a second thought, luckily he had worn his not too fancy shoes so they had been easy to kick off, without having to undo the laces.

His hands moved to his hips as his pants were the next item to get off, albeit with a bit more difficulty to hold up the running pace. He put his phone in the pocket, before they fully went down to the ground, almost at the edge of the pool. And then he jumped and dove into the refreshing water. His eyes closed as he moved along the bottom of the pool for a moment, before coming up for air and noticing the starry light decorated ceiling above him. He shook his head as he sent some water drops flying all around him, before running his hands through his hair to slick it all back. He turned around to look at the inside of the mansion. Oh my, perhaps he shouldn't have judged the outside that much... Still he didn't like the overdone wood details, but the rest seemed rather modern. "Damnnn."

He was about to make his way over towards the little stairs to climb out of the water, when he realized he had of course not been the only one. He swam back to the outside part of the pool and apperantly he had drawn a few more set of eyes. His lips curling up to a lazy smirk as he took in the other team. Three ladies and a male, who couldn't seem more impressed or delighted with the current situation. Mateo wasn't one to stare, but it would be a lie to say that male didn't hold his attention for just a bit longer. If only for the fact he seemed to be so out of place. "Ah, Wilbur!" He grinned when he noticed the other male, "come, join me in the water." With a few movements he had made his way over to the edge that was closest to the other. "I'd love to see some more of your body..." he spoke, not at all aware of the changed mood. Nor how the other two males seemed to be struck by lightning upon seeing the ladies.

Last edited:
NTAyIiwiZiI6ImpwZyJ9.jpg
Dante
Forced Ending
That everlasting smile on the Italian face faltered quickly though as he noticed the other struggling. Behind them the ladies seemed to be unaware of what was going on, while he crouched next to the other. "Respiri profondi.." His voice softer now as he reached out for the others shoulder. He gently gave it a squeeze, not wanting to overstep any boundaries, but at the same time wanting to help the other male. Though he had no idea how. Of course, he had seen people have breakdowns before, due to stress, lack of sleep or frustration of a shot not working out. But the words of the other before and now made so little sense.

His face probably showing that confusion when the other suddenly pleaded to him in English. Help him with what? Those light blue eyes showing the worry and concern for the other as he gave a nod. "Of course," he agreed, not knowing what he was getting himself into, "in any way I can." A soft smile coming through as the other seemed to search for something in his pockets and then grabbed the locket around his neck. Those hands shaking and quickly the actor stepped up to keep up his promise and helped with unlocking it. He only caught a glimps of the picture of a female on the inside and the words that Demetrius muttered, which still made no sense to him. "Careful!" He reached to the others arm, helping the male up, but he seemed to be a lot more steady now. Still a bit off from before though, but that was understandable.

"Ah, yes. Of course," Dante spoke, though he was still trying to catch up with the sudden change of pace. And even then, he only caught half of the words and their meaning. Yeah, he was the kind of person that got lost if you gave him too many directions. So he simply nodded and trusted that Demetrius was right. It did sound very logical, right? He let go off the other fully as he looked into the direction the male was pointing. He gave some nods, though at this point he would pretty much accept anything. It was the sudden softer spoken Italian that got his attention and he looked down at the male. That earlier concerned expression now replaced by one of those bright smiles. "Ovviamente nessun problema!" He really didn't want Demetrius to feel more embarrassed or whatever. Though he was pretty sure no one would make fun of him for it, and if people did, those people were the problem. "Le mie labbra sono sigillate," he said as he made the gesture to close a lock and throw away the key.

"Now, let's get going then," Dante grinned as he set of in the direction Demetrius had pointed out. There seemed to be some sort of path even, so he decided to just follow that. His pace slow as the ladies and their chatter had caught up with them. Ramona saying something about grizzly bears making her sob and he chuckled. "A friend of mine has a sanctuary for bears, and all kind of other wildlife," he said as he turned to walk backwards, so he could still look at them. His eyes sparkling with delight again. "Maybe I can ask him if it is okay to take you there, when they have some rescue cubs?"
Interaction: Demetrius Watkins Veil Walker Veil Walker // Ramona Rowan Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312
Mention: Skylar Reyens @iShyShy
Outfit: Summer Clothes and Bag

That everlasting smile on the Italian face faltered quickly though as he noticed the other struggling. Behind them the ladies seemed to be unaware of what was going on, while he crouched next to the other. "Respiri profondi.." His voice softer now as he reached out for the others shoulder. He gently gave it a squeeze, not wanting to overstep any boundaries, but at the same time wanting to help the other male. Though he had no idea how. Of course, he had seen people have breakdowns before, due to stress, lack of sleep or frustration of a shot not working out. But the words of the other before and now made so little sense.

His face probably showing that confusion when the other suddenly pleaded to him in English. Help him with what? Those light blue eyes showing the worry and concern for the other as he gave a nod. "Of course," he agreed, not knowing what he was getting himself into, "in any way I can." A soft smile coming through as the other seemed to search for something in his pockets and then grabbed the locket around his neck. Those hands shaking and quickly the actor stepped up to keep up his promise and helped with unlocking it. He only caught a glimps of the picture of a female on the inside and the words that Demetrius muttered, which still made no sense to him. "Careful!" He reached to the others arm, helping the male up, but he seemed to be a lot more steady now. Still a bit off from before though, but that was understandable.

"Ah, yes. Of course," Dante spoke, though he was still trying to catch up with the sudden change of pace. And even then, he only caught half of the words and their meaning. Yeah, he was the kind of person that got lost if you gave him too many directions. So he simply nodded and trusted that Demetrius was right. It did sound very logical, right? He let go off the other fully as he looked into the direction the male was pointing. He gave some nods, though at this point he would pretty much accept anything. It was the sudden softer spoken Italian that got his attention and he looked down at the male. That earlier concerned expression now replaced by one of those bright smiles. "Ovviamente nessun problema!" He really didn't want Demetrius to feel more embarrassed or whatever. Though he was pretty sure no one would make fun of him for it, and if people did, those people were the problem. "Le mie labbra sono sigillate," he said as he made the gesture to close a lock and throw away the key.

"Now, let's get going then," Dante grinned as he set of in the direction Demetrius had pointed out. There seemed to be some sort of path even, so he decided to just follow that. His pace slow as the ladies and their chatter had caught up with them. Ramona saying something about grizzly bears making her sob and he chuckled. "A friend of mine has a sanctuary for bears, and all kind of other wildlife," he said as he turned to walk backwards, so he could still look at them. His eyes sparkling with delight again. "Maybe I can ask him if it is okay to take you there, when they have some rescue cubs?"

Last edited:

ZiI6ImpwZyJ9.jpg

Isolde de Vries
One and One makes Three

Of course, Dani was overly enthusiastic about Josephine's choice in carreer and of course she was not one to follow studies. Yet, Isolde should probably not judge her too harshly. She was a kind woman and obviously caring, with her offer to switch shoes. Though as soon as the race was on, that care seemed to be gone and the woman was sprinting after Ambrose. Who now had seemed to hold back to a more leisured pace as soon as she had encouraged him. If it could not be her own win (which she begrudgingly accepted not gonna happen), she at least want it to be her team that won. Yet no such things was granted as the male that had stripped down to dark grey boxers by now had found his way into the water of the pool.

The touch to her shoulder in that very same moment with the sharp pain from her ankle caused her to look with wide eyes at the female beside her. Josephine, the artist of words, who seemed just as shocked as she felt in that moment. The hand stayed though, helping her stay balanced long enough to swipe up those red heels, before the lady mumbled an apology and ran off again. Isolde gave a smile, hiding the pain perfectly, as she followed. Though no longer able to run, without a limp that was, so she settled for a brisk walking pace, which still send sharp pings through her ankle every now and then.

It gave her the chance to actually pay some more attention to the other team now that she had accepted her defeat. Another male having joined the swimming one at the pool, very good looking as well. Her head turned as another voice, a deep voice, came from the edge of the forest, calling out for Dani? Her eyes shooting over to the female in question, somehow feeling protective over the gentle innocent soul, before she actually did take in the male. And with that became aware of the last, also male member of their team. It seemed like her blood just froze right that instant as she saw that cowardly shocked face. Oh how much it reminded her of the face he had made that night when she had come over to surprise him. Her lips turning into a thin line, her eyes sharpened, her hold on those heels tightening.

And just as quickly as her blood had turned to ice, it seemed to turn into fire now. Yet she would not grant him one more second of her time, her attention, her anything. With just a scoff, she dismissed him. Though she could feel herself shaking with that burning anger over his betrayal. Still, after all these years. How had he dared to do that?! Her eyes now on the male that was with him, but she wasn't able to appreciate his looks, or even register anything of it. Why was that piece of scum here? Did the producers know? Of course they did. Perfect reality tv drama! Oh how stupid she had been to accept this. Ugh, how stupid she had been to even date him! He was not even close to her league, her level. So many times she had defended him, to friends, to family, to associates. At least the pain in her ankle was forgotten now as she walked up towards her team, or to Dani more specific. Since if that guy knew her and their relationship was anything like hers and Dicky... "Let's go inside and find some ice for my ankle," she spoke to her. Her free hand taking the other girls wrist. Neither of them deserved their attention and though Isolde knew she could not avoid her from finding out forever during this state, she just wanted to keep her protected for a little bit longer. The whole competition completely forgotten now that Dicky once again had invaded her mind.
Interaction: Dani Kim tamarapasek tamarapasek //
Mention: Better off dead, Dicky Tori Bradley Tori Bradley // Josephine Lowery blue-jay blue-jay // Ambrose Parker LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki
Outfit: Two Piece and Heels

Of course, Dani was overly enthusiastic about Josephine's choice in carreer and of course she was not one to follow studies. Yet, Isolde should probably not judge her too harshly. She was a kind woman and obviously caring, with her offer to switch shoes. Though as soon as the race was on, that care seemed to be gone and the woman was sprinting after Ambrose. Who now had seemed to hold back to a more leisured pace as soon as she had encouraged him. If it could not be her own win (which she begrudgingly accepted not gonna happen), she at least want it to be her team that won. Yet no such things was granted as the male that had stripped down to dark grey boxers by now had found his way into the water of the pool.

The touch to her shoulder in that very same moment with the sharp pain from her ankle caused her to look with wide eyes at the female beside her. Josephine, the artist of words, who seemed just as shocked as she felt in that moment. The hand stayed though, helping her stay balanced long enough to swipe up those red heels, before the lady mumbled an apology and ran off again. Isolde gave a smile, hiding the pain perfectly, as she followed. Though no longer able to run, without a limp that was, so she settled for a brisk walking pace, which still send sharp pings through her ankle every now and then.

It gave her the chance to actually pay some more attention to the other team now that she had accepted her defeat. Another male having joined the swimming one at the pool, very good looking as well. Her head turned as another voice, a deep voice, came from the edge of the forest, calling out for Dani? Her eyes shooting over to the female in question, somehow feeling protective over the gentle innocent soul, before she actually did take in the male. And with that became aware of the last, also male member of their team. It seemed like her blood just froze right that instant as she saw that cowardly shocked face. Oh how much it reminded her of the face he had made that night when she had come over to surprise him. Her lips turning into a thin line, her eyes sharpened, her hold on those heels tightening.

And just as quickly as her blood had turned to ice, it seemed to turn into fire now. Yet she would not grant him one more second of her time, her attention, her anything. With just a scoff, she dismissed him. Though she could feel herself shaking with that burning anger over his betrayal. Still, after all these years. How had he dared to do that?! Her eyes now on the male that was with him, but she wasn't able to appreciate his looks, or even register anything of it. Why was that piece of scum here? Did the producers know? Of course they did. Perfect reality tv drama! Oh how stupid she had been to accept this. Ugh, how stupid she had been to even date him! He was not even close to her league, her level. So many times she had defended him, to friends, to family, to associates. At least the pain in her ankle was forgotten now as she walked up towards her team, or to Dani more specific. Since if that guy knew her and their relationship was anything like hers and Dicky... "Let's go inside and find some ice for my ankle," she spoke to her. Her free hand taking the other girls wrist. Neither of them deserved their attention and though Isolde knew she could not avoid her from finding out forever during this state, she just wanted to keep her protected for a little bit longer. The whole competition completely forgotten now that Dicky once again had invaded her mind.

Dani Kim

In a few seconds time Dani had caught up to Ambrose by the poolside. Though she did care for her teammate Isolde’s safety and wished to join her, she knew Josephine would provide much more comfort to Isolde than her.

She looked away from the pool embarrassed. She didn’t want to look at the asshole who had decided to strip down to his underwear as a celebration of his victory. She didn’t want the other team to see the expression of horror and defeat that crept onto her face as soon as the first man dove into the pool. Negative feelings were something that she reserved for those who she trusted most. And boxer boy was definitely not one of them.

When she looked over at her other two teammates, Isolde seemed to be walking again. That was good. She’d finally shed those ridiculous heels that had caused this whole mess to begin with. Dani only wished that it had taken less than a messed up leg/angle/foot or whatever was wrong for her to realize that running in heals in a forest was not a smart idea. Fabulous but not smart.

Before she could dash over to greet her teammates, a familiar sound reached her ears. No. It couldn’t be could it? She turned around, mustering up the most confident face she could. The face that said “I don’t care if you beat us”.

She examined the other team. There were now two assholes in their underwear. Typical. Maybe it made sense for people to take their shirts off when they swam, but if they’d had a hidden agenda to show off their abs she wouldn’t have been shocked. Then there was the owner of the voice. “Hendrix?” her eyes widened, as she stood frozen by the pool.

Her arms wrapped herself into a tight hug. It was a gesture she had done ever since she was a kid. Whenever she was scared or sad or alone, she could take solace in the fact that she would be there to hug herself. Though normally Hendrix was by her side when she had those feelings. And now she had to protect her feelings from him. Now she couldn’t run anymore. Now she couldn’t tiptoe around her phone calls with Ramona and try to forget the Dani that had cried for months after the breakup. The Dani that had a brief stint as the anonymous leader of a very small hate group for his band.

Though she’d for the most part moved on it was very difficult when she had spent over half of her lifetime with somebody and then had to adjust to life without them. To know she couldn’t go back to Portland without getting looks of pity from her mother, from former classmates who all wondered the same thing. Why hadn’t they gotten married? They were too perfect together to call it quits after graduation. Really it felt like the only thing from her old life that really and truly didn’t make her feel awful about the breakup was Ramona.

Her eyebrows knit together in a scowl as she looked at him, only to be interrupted once again by Isolde. “That’s a good idea.” She whispered to her, following her into the house. It was unexpected to say the least, but she didn’t wish to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Pissed/Sad

Who even knows?

nine lives

Last edited:
l99Cvb7.jpg
Skylar Cavallo
Hot and Cold
Skylar grinned at the beaming smile Ramona offered her as they headed up the trail towards the mansion after the guys. The woman had a beautiful smile, which fit pretty well considering the rest of her was just as attractive. Pretty smiles, however, were one of Skylar’s many weaknesses when it came to other people and relationships. She was a huge sucker for a pretty smile, which was probably a big contributor to her inability to say no every time Mateo came crawling back to her after a string of escapades over the last three years. That boy had one of the prettiest smiles Skylar had ever seen, and he knew how to use it. He had this way of looking at you that made you feel like the only girl in the world. Looks could be deceiving, she supposed.

Skylar smiled as Ramona agreed with her point on dolphins, saying how she suggested swimming with them. Childish excitement lit up Skylar’s eyes as the knowledge Ramona had gotten to do something she had always dreamed of doing. Swimming with dolphins was one of her biggest dreams. She had the money to do it, but over the last three years since discovering she wanted to do it, she’d been so caught up in being with Mateo or crying over him to do it. Smiling dimming slightly at the thought of him, Skylar looked around at the trail, wanting to lose the memories in the beauty of the island and the people she was there with. If the rest of the contestants were anywhere near as gorgeous as her group was, that wouldn’t be too hard.

Skylar looked back at Ramona when the enthusiastic redhead spoke again, laughing as she described her weakness for cute bears. At least Skylar definitely knew she’d never be bored while on this show or this island—not with people like Ramona around to keep things upbeat and interesting. If things went her way, she’d meet a bunch of beautiful, make a bunch friends, and forget all about the asshole she’d left back home in Hawaii. Maybe she’d even find herself someone knew to occupy her attention, to keep her hooked even after the show ended and she went home and saw him again. If she was really lucky, Mateo may even see her with this new partner and regret all the times he’d broken her heart, though she knew that was highly unlikely. A girl could only dream.

She looked down the trail ahead of them at Dante, was walking backwards down the dirt pathway with a smile on his face. She laughed when he offered to ask a friend to allow her into his wildlife sanctuary to see the animals and play with the bear cubs. She knew that was definitely something the girl would enjoy. Skylar herself wouldn’t mind taking a private trip to a wildlife sanctuary. She preferred the ocean and marine life, but she loved all animals, especially big, lovable ones like elephants and giraffes. A safari was actually her dream honeymoon plan, once she found the kind of love that led to marriage and forever.

“Think there’s room for two?” she asked, a teasing, happy smile on her face. In the distance behind him, she saw the trail ending, and just beyond that, she could make out the outline of the mansion. They were almost there.
Interaction: Ramona ( Sage Sage Orion0312), Dante ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein ), and Demetrius ( Veil Walker Veil Walker )
Mention: Mateo ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein )
Outfit:
Top & Skirt + Sandals

Guess-Spring-Summer-2018-Accessories-Campaign-004.jpg
Dixon McConnall
The Cheater
Dixon had grinned when Wilbur offered him a proud smile and admitted to his lack of subtlety. He appreciated that. There were a lot of people out there who did things or acted in a certain way, but never had the decency to own up to who they were. It was good to know Wilbur wasn’t like that, and nice to meet someone who wasn’t afraid to admit exactly who they were. Someone who not only admitted it but was proud of it. Too many people hid away the parts of themselves they didn’t like. When Wilbur offered his hand to shake, Dixon had shaken it with a smile, then turned and noticed his ex-girlfriend several feet away.

Now, he stood rooted in place, his expression frozen in a look of shock as he watched a girl with pretty mocha skin and long dark hair helping Isolde take off her heels. One part of him wanted to smile and laugh, remembering how many times she’d been wearing heels when she showed up for their hiking dates and how many times he’d told her what a terrible idea it was. Another part of him wanted to rush over, pick her up, and carry her into the mansion so she wouldn’t have to walk if she’d injured herself, the way he always had whenever she twisted an ankle on their trips. But the majority of him wanted to turn on his heel and run back into the woods before she saw him, to hide from what he’d done and what he knew she would feel when she saw him. He’d hurt her enough—the last thing he wanted was to do it again. That was why he’d never tried to contact her when he got back from Europe after their breakup.

She looked good, not that that surprised him. She’d always been beautiful to him. She was the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen. No one before her had ever compared to her, and no one after her would either. Whether in looks or personality or anything, Dixon knew he’d never find another woman like her, because there was no one out there like her. She was one-in-a-million, and he’d let his idiocy and insecurities chase her away. It was a mistake he would have to live with for the rest of his life. He tried not to stare, forced himself not to let his eyes wander over her figure or linger on the outfit she wore. He didn’t really have any right to look at her like that anymore.

Caught up in the sight of his ex, Dixon didn’t hear whatever Wilbur said to him, or notice both him and Hendrix echoing his shocked reaction at the sight of the other group approaching the mansion. He’d realize later that he wasn’t the only one met with an unexpected sight on the show, but for now, he only had eyes for Isolde. And soon enough, he felt his body tensing, muscles locking up with emotion as he watched her eyes pick up the other members of his group until finally, they fell on him. Almost instantly, he wished he’d turned tail and ran when he had the chance.

The anger that instantly filled her expression was expected. It hurt, there was no doubt about that, but it wasn’t a huge blow. She had every right to be angry, and though he couldn’t control what he felt, knowing he didn’t really have any right to be upset about it made it easier to take. When that anger turned to a scoff and she turned away, very clearly dismissing him without a second look, it hit Dixon like a wrecking ball to the chest. He physically flinched, following her with guilty, ashamed, heartbroken eyes as she disappeared into the house with one of the other girls. One hand went up and ran through his brown hair, turning it into a tousled mess atop his head—not that he cared at the moment.

He knew he deserved it. He knew he deserved her anger, that he deserved her dismissal and her ire, but knowing he deserved didn’t make it any easier to take. If anything, knowing he’d brought it all on himself only made him feel worse, because it made think of everything that had happened. It made him think of the years of friendship and love—of the best years of his life spent with a perfect, amazing girl—that he’d allowed his insecurities to destroy. It made him think of the lifetime of happiness he could have had with her if he hadn’t been such an idiot, but worst of all, it made him think of the pain that he’d put her through. If there was one thing in the world Dixon had never wanted to do—one thing that he would go to his grave regretting, it was hurting Isolde de Vries. He would never forgive himself for what he’d done to her, and he knew he didn’t deserve for her to either—though that didn’t stop him from wishing for it.

Letting out a quiet sigh, Dixon tucked one hand into his pocket and ran the other across the five o’clock shadow on his face as he started over towards the mansion. He still wanted to disappear, but he knew running wouldn’t do him any favors. It was just another of his tendencies and insecurities, and all they’d ever earned him was heartache. Since Isolde, he’d been spending a lot of time trying to work through them, though he sometimes struggled, especially with her gone. Looking at the growing group by the pool, Dixon knew he wasn’t really in the mood to swim and have fun, so he headed as silently as he could into the mansion, using the pool entrance.

Heading out of the pool room, he went down the hall to the left, eventually entering a big room with a sitting area, a pool table, and exactly what Dixon needed in that moment—a bar. Dropping his bag on one of the stools, Dixon walked around the bar and grabbed a bottle of Scotch. Dumping two ounces of the amber liquid in a short crystal drinking glass, Dixon set the bottle on the counter and knocked the drink back, embracing the burn of the alcohol as it tumbled down his throat.

Interaction: Wilbur ( Veil Walker Veil Walker )
Mention: Isolde ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein ) and Hendrix ( Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 )
Outfit:
Casual

L
The Mansion
M
Dazed
O
JOSEPHINE
OPHELIA
LOWERY

Josephine walked up beside Dani as their group and another group began to converge around the pool area. Josephine pouted slightly when she realized that her group had been beaten. She didn't particularly care for the money nor the bragging rights. It had just seemed to be important to Dani and Isolde. Watching Isolde limp up to them and Dani turn away from the pool in disappointment, the poetess made a mental note to try to do something kind for them later to make up for it.

And now, the socially anxious girl became aware of the fact that she would have to talk to new people. Josephine's breathing became scarce and her heart-rate sped up as more people walked up, emerging from the forest, and she felt more eyes grazing over her. So many people... I can't afford to make a bad impression. Josephine found herself folding her hands together and looking at the ground, making an effort to appear deep in thought while also actually being deep in thought. If they're the type of people to sign up for a show like this, they're probably all really... social. And attractive. And cool! And poised....

Josephine threw quick glances around her, her gaze tentative as she tried to raise it to meet people's faces. She was only able to take in people's outfits and steal very blurry ideas of their visages. Josephine almost chuckled to herself as she took in one man's outfit, not daring to look above his neck. That guy dresses like Wilbur. The thought, humorous at first, seemed to crash in her mind like a flaming plane. The energy feels so awkward... Something's wrong.

Her suspicions were confirmed when she heard a man, sounding bewildered, say, "Dani?" Josephine froze. Somebody knows Dani? Then the girl in question's voice: "Hendrix?" Josephine, still looking at the ground, sensed Dani wrap her arms around herself. Josephine twiddled anxiously with the strap of her backpack. What's happening?! Josephine found herself only able to look up at Isolde. On top of having a short while's worth of familiarity with the woman at this point, Josephine also got the impression that Isolde was very capable. Josephine tended to look at capable people in times of extreme discomfort. But her heart sank when she saw Isolde looking into the distance--no, at a person, Josephine had somehow forgotten about the other people in her worry!--looking at someone with eyes that were both blazing and icy. Although Josephine knew the look wasn't intended for her, it made her flinch. She turned back to the ground.

Then, after exchanging words, the two women, who Josephine had been subtly hovering near for comfort, went inside the mansion together. Now, Josephine had no choice but to overcome her nerves and look up at the new people. I'll look up, and I'll say hi, and I'll introduce myself. No biggie! I got this. She focused on the shoes of the man dressed like Wilbur, even now clinging to the soothing effect of familiarity in any form she could get it, and looked up.

"Wil..." Josephine's face faltered. Her lip quivered somewhat, although she hadn't even processed what she was looking at yet. She thought about mother for some reason. Mother always said I could be so absent-minded sometimes. She said, "You're very intelligent, Josephine. You just think too quickly for your own brain, and you daydream too much...." Who am I looking at again? It hit her finally.

"Wilbur?!" Josephine stepped forward to get a closer look, then immediately stepped back defensively. She looked around at everyone, a sea of strange faces, and then back at Wilbur again. She didn't realize it, but she was shaking now. She bore an expression of confusion, fear, and sadness. She spoke after a moment, her words breathy: "What? Is--Is this some sort of joke?" She scanned the other faces again (stopping briefly on the shirtless man who had been inviting Wilbur to the pool), almost as if she thought they might be in on it, before settling her eyes directly on Wilbur's. She had been irrationally looking for Alicia, the orchestrator of the first joke: the gamble. "W--Why..." She swallowed and took a breath. Her next words were heavy with emotion, uncharacteristic of her usually light and soft voice: "Why are you here, Wilbur?" His name still tasted sweet on her tongue, yet seemed to burn it like acid just the same. Her gaze dropped to Wilbur's nose suddenly, then his collar.

Mother's voice came like thunder in her brain: "Do NOT let them embarrass you!" Josephine connected the dots quickly from there. This was the show's gimmick. This was what was going to drive the ratings up. She had heard of stuff like this on reality TV before. However, she had never expected it to happen to her, partially because she had never even expected to be on TV and partially because it would be almost too bad: to have a promising opportunity for love blow up in her face AGAIN because of the SAME GUY! Josephine made a face that seemed to indicate that she didn't need him to answer the question she had uttered, and turned around. She had intended to walk away, but she found that her legs felt like toothpicks, as if she would fall apart if she took a step. So, with her back to Wilbur, she stood still, looking up at the mansion. Tears pushed against her eyelids, threatening to break free and flood her face.

I always thought I wanted to see him again. To say some things that I hadn't. To tell him to fuck off. Now, I'm here. And I can't even fucking walk!

we need a wind to strike / sharply, as the thought of love
betrayed can stop the heart.

© pasta

Last edited:

tumblr_p2jxndZ6ri1s9q9zwo1_400.png

Ramona Rowan

Not Enough

Boho Outift & Backpack || Summer Wear

A chuckle sounded in front of them as the group continued walking towards their destination.

"A friend of mine has a sanctuary for bears, and all kind of other wildlife.” Dante called over his shoulder before turning and facing them. He grinned and proceeded to walk backwards with an almost supernatural grace.
"Maybe I can ask him if it is okay to take you there, when they have some rescue cubs?"

Ramona felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes, the sudden surge of excitement almost too much for her to handle. The redhead had always been known to be a tad extreme in her emotions.

“Y-you’re kidding!” She gasped; mouth agape. Then, noting the sparkle in his eyes she felt his utmost sincerity.
“Oh, my goodness! You’re not joking! Can I hug you? We are the bestest of friends now. Where is the sanctuary? Do the cubs have names? What am I talking about? Of course, they do!”

She spoke rapidly in her delight. And would have continued rambling if Skylar hadn’t spoken up.

“Think there’s room for two?”

Before Dante could reply, Ramona literally jumped up and down with a squeal.

“Duh!” She grinned, looping an arm around both Skylar and Dante in a makeshift group hug.
“We could make it a road trip! Snacks, sightseeing, storytelling… the works! Heck. Screw this island. Let’s go now!”

With a jolt, Ramona paused in her reverie at the sight of the mansion not too far from them. Her attention diverted from the current conversation to the promise of a new adventure.

“Oh, my Lanta would you look at that?!” She squealed before running forward.
“This. Place. Is. Gorgeous! C’mon slow pokes let’s go!”

She pushed forward, dragging her bags behind her as she ran. When nearing the residence, she noted a pool with a few contestants already making themselves at home.

“Hello new friends!” She grinned as she continued to sprint, dropping her few belongings, and slipping off her sandals along the way.

Without thinking she cannonballed into the pool, soaking her clothes once again.

She emerged from the water with a playful giggle, only then noticing the extremely attractive blonde in front of her.

“I’m Ray.” She winked before splashing him.
“What’s your name?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hendrix?” Dani whispered in disbelief.

The tattooed beauty wrapped her arms around her torso as they continued to stare at each other. Perplexed by their unexpected situation. Hendrix noted her body language, the image pulling him towards the past. A time far too long ago. Another life. Dani only ever hugged herself when she was really upset. It was a defense and a comfort all at the same time. His instinct was to walk towards her and comfort her like he used to. To kiss her cheek and whisper reassuring words in her ear. But of course, he couldn’t. Their relationship had been obliterated… all because of him.

"Let's go inside and find some ice for my ankle.” The bombshell from before spoke before Hennie could even think of what to say. He stood frozen like a dumbass as the femme fatale grabbed Dani’s wrist and pulled her into the mansion.

He was silent for a moment. The calm before the storm.

“WHAT?!” He cursed running his fingers through his hair.

“How is Dani here? Why is she here? God it’s been ages…” Hendrix internally screamed, the frustration causing him to pinch the bridge of his nose.
“This doesn’t make any sense. Should I leave?” He paused for a moment, recalling the contract he had signed over a month ago.
“CAN I leave?”

It was at that moment when a blur of scarlet sprang passed him.

“Ray.”

Balling his hands into fists he walked toward the pool, confusion and anger marring his features.

“Ramona Jade Rowan get out of that pool. I need to speak with you. Now.” He wasn’t quite shouting, but a growl could be heard in his tone.

Ramona looked up at her older brother. Her confused expression turning into one of concern.

“Hennie? What’s wrong? Is everything alright?” She swam up to the edge of the pool getting ready to get out.

Ray almost never made others upset… and now she has royally pissed off two people in one day.

“Would you mind explaining why Dani is here?” His glare softened upon seeing his sister.
“I have a feeling you set this up. Did you make me participate in this… this…” He shrugged gesturing at nothing and everything all at once.
“This… game show? Prank show? Whatever this is? JUST to get me to talk to her again?”

“Dani is here?”
Ramona’s eyes lit with excitement as she looked around. Only to remember that while she had remained on speaking terms with her brothers ex, this situation was more of a negative experience for him.

“Hennie… I swear I didn’t know...”

“You didn’t know.”
He reiterated.

“No! I didn’t” She insisted.

“Then why is she here Ramona?” He asked crossing his arms.

“I don’t know!”

Hendrix frowned, his skepticism fading away. Ramona makes it a point not to lie. She valued honesty way too much.

“I… I need a drink.” He murmured before walking into the mansion. All the while praying he didn’t run into Dani. At least… not yet.

“Hennie…” Ramona called after him.

After entering the mansion, Hendrix wandered from room to room. His tension causing him to ignore the luxury that surrounded him. Finally, he found what he was looking for… alcohol.
Dixon stood behind the counter, knocking back a shot of amber liquid.

“Smart man.” Hendrix murmured before sitting in one of the stools.

“Pour me a drink, would you?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ugh… Maybe I should give him some time to cool off. But… Dani’s here? Where?”

On a mission to find one of her long-lost friends, Ramona swam towards the pool's exit. She noted a pair of black boots next to the water. Following her gaze upwards she saw that they were attached to very stylish outfit.

“I like your pants.” She smiled, before meeting the owner’s eyes.

“Wait… Ambrose? What are you doing here?”

1612388243065.png
Hendrix Rowan
High School Sweethearts

Wilbur ached as Josephine looked at him like that. He was used to being aloof, never letting the feelings of the other affect him, but she had always been different. She cut him to the core, and as much as he wanted to take Mateo's invitation, as easy as it would be to run away like he always did, Wilbur stood his ground. With a slow, dragging step, Wilbur forced his body forward. Every step closer seemed to tear old wounds open anew. Yet through the pain he simply wanted to run to her. To hold her, to comfort her from the pain. Tears sprung in his eyes as he realized he had no idea how to protect her from pain he had caused. He fought them back, and simply looked at her for a moment, trying to convey without words how sorry he was. He stayed back slightly, letting her have her space. In a rush, the words he had rehearsed in front of the mirror every night flowed out. He didn't care if she didn't believe him, he just wanted her to know that he cared, had always cared. Had seen how amazing she was.
"Jo girl," he said, using the name he had always called her. In the past, she had loved hearing him say it, and now it simply felt like he was salting her wounds. It burned him to call her that, just as he burned for her. He felt a terrible ache in his chest as she turned away from him, and he let the tears fall now, not caring who saw him, tired of playing the foolish role of the player.
"You were never just a bet," he blurted out. He knew she wouldn't believe him. It wasn't her way, but dammit he had been thinking it every day since he had pushed her away, and he desperately needed to say it.
"I know you won't forgive me. That's okay. I wouldn't forgive me either. I was a coward, and I hurt you because I was too scared to admit that you were the best thing in my life. The best person I've ever met. And now, because of my cowardice, you have been hurt so badly. So I understand if you never talk to me again, but you deserved the truth. You are so worthy of love. That's why I ran. Because I knew I would fall for you, and I knew that if I did, all I could do was hurt you. You deserve someone decent, and kind. I just never thought that could be me. I don't know why I am here, but I am glad to see you again. Because you needed to know I cared. I still care. I just wish I hadn't screwed it all up. I hope you can find the happiness I could never give you." Wilbur's voice trailed off as he turned from the girl he longed to hold, and made his way into the mansion, looking desperately for the bar so he could drown his sorrows.

Demetrius smiled as the mansion came in sight. It was always gratifying when his intelligence came in handy. There were certainly enough problems that came with it. A mind that could never sleep through the night. A mind that made him overthink every interaction. That tried to predict every conversation before they happened. His mind continued to whirl as his emotions remained in check as he continued the best options to get him away from this place. Despite his burst of anger and his lapse, Demetrius felt oddly comfortable with this group. He enjoyed the fact that they didn't seem to judge him. That they spoke with an easy social style. The mention of a bear sanctuary made him laugh slightly. D watched Ramona enjoying the pool, and saw her near the exit. It was hard for him, but he ignored the others, slowly walking up to her. His mind and his body screamed at him to avoid what was certain to be an awkward conversation, but he powered forward. His skin flushed darker as he came in view of her.
"Um... excuse me, Ramona? I just... I wanted to say I'm sorry. You didn't deserve my anger or my blame. I'm just... so frustrated. For half my life, I've been trying to achieve the goal of solving the transplant list. Now that I am so close, it hurts me that I have to be here instead of putting the finishing touches on my bio printer. Anyway, Lucia would want me to apologize, so.... I guess I am. I'm just really bad at this." Demetrius stared at the ground, unable to look up due to shame and embarrassment. He had no idea who had overheard, but his words were spoken very quickly, a sign of his nervousness.

neels.jpg

Mateo Echevarría
Hot and Cold

That playful sparkle had yet to die in those blue eyes as he waited for the other to take of his clothes and join him. None of that happened though. Not at all even when he was simply ignored as the male stepped away. He tilted his head as he looked over towards the lady that seemed to have caught the others attention. Well, he couldn't blame him. Not his type, but none the less a striking beauty. She seemed to be timid, frightened even. Easy prey...but it was obvious that that was not what was going on. He could hear it in the strain of the males voice.

Yet Mateo wasn't able to really pay much attention as the waters were invaded by someone unexpected. All he saw was a dash of red curls, before the lady went down in the water. Still clothed, that was too bad. He gave a pleasant smile when the female came up from the waters. "Mateo Echevarría," he said. He reached out to adjust one of those red locks that were glued against her cheek, when behind them a dark voice doomed up. Interrupted, again, as the beauty swam away. Hennie... That sounded cute. He turned around to watch the tattooed male stand at the edge of the water. "There is more than enough room for one more," he smirked, though he knew his words were not heard.

Why did everyone seemed to know somoene? Or several people, as these two were talking about a third person. Not that it mattered to him. He would soon enough make friends. "Are you okay?" he asked when he came back over towards the redhead. He gently lay his hand against her back to offer her some comfort, as she seemed a bit sad. Only to yet again be interrupted. He rolled his eyes as the male started on some kind of apology or whatever. He simply pushed a bit away to give the two their privacy, as it was obvious that this was going no where at the moment. He went back over towards his clothes, or well, his clothes were all over the place.

He sighed as he left the pool behind, dripping water all over the place as he went to pick up his pants and shoes. His shirt would have been next, had he not finally noticed a familiar face himself. His smile brightened. What the hell was Sky doing here? Oh, not that he was complaining. He quickly grabbed his shirt and made his way over towards her as he had done so many times before. His free hand reaching for her hand, gently taking it as he waited for her to turn and acknowledge him, so he could kiss her cheek. Or be slapped. There was a 50-50 chance of either happening. It had been quite some time since they had last seen each other, but according ot the voice messages she had left him, she had been pretty pissed this time. "There is my favourite smile in the crowd," he spoke. Which was no lie. Not really. She was his favourite, why else had he returned to her time after time? "How have you been?" he grinned, before looking up at the male next to her. "Hi, I am Mateo Echevarría," he introduced himself to the handsome guy.
Interaction: The stunning redhead (Ramona) Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 // The pretties smile in the world (Skylar) Tori Bradley Tori Bradley // Some guy (Dante) DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein
Mention: Hendrix Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 // Demetrius Veil Walker Veil Walker
Outfit: Simple, but classy

That playful sparkle had yet to die in those blue eyes as he waited for the other to take of his clothes and join him. None of that happened though. Not at all even when he was simply ignored as the male stepped away. He tilted his head as he looked over towards the lady that seemed to have caught the others attention. Well, he couldn't blame him. Not his type, but none the less a striking beauty. She seemed to be timid, frightened even. Easy prey...but it was obvious that that was not what was going on. He could hear it in the strain of the males voice.

Yet Mateo wasn't able to really pay much attention as the waters were invaded by someone unexpected. All he saw was a dash of red curls, before the lady went down in the water. Still clothed, that was too bad. He gave a pleasant smile when the female came up from the waters. "Mateo Echevarría," he said. He reached out to adjust one of those red locks that were glued against her cheek, when behind them a dark voice doomed up. Interrupted, again, as the beauty swam away. Hennie... That sounded cute. He turned around to watch the tattooed male stand at the edge of the water. "There is more than enough room for one more," he smirked, though he knew his words were not heard.

Why did everyone seemed to know somoene? Or several people, as these two were talking about a third person. Not that it mattered to him. He would soon enough make friends. "Are you okay?" he asked when he came back over towards the redhead. He gently lay his hand against her back to offer her some comfort, as she seemed a bit sad. Only to yet again be interrupted. He rolled his eyes as the male started on some kind of apology or whatever. He simply pushed a bit away to give the two their privacy, as it was obvious that this was going no where at the moment. He went back over towards his clothes, or well, his clothes were all over the place.

He sighed as he left the pool behind, dripping water all over the place as he went to pick up his pants and shoes. His shirt would have been next, had he not finally noticed a familiar face himself. His smile brightened. What the hell was Sky doing here? Oh, not that he was complaining. He quickly grabbed his shirt and made his way over towards her as he had done so many times before. His free hand reaching for her hand, gently taking it as he waited for her to turn and acknowledge him, so he could kiss her cheek. Or be slapped. There was a 50-50 chance of either happening. It had been quite some time since they had last seen each other, but according ot the voice messages she had left him, she had been pretty pissed this time. "There is my favourite smile in the crowd," he spoke. Which was no lie. Not really. She was his favourite, why else had he returned to her time after time? "How have you been?" he grinned, before looking up at the male next to her. "Hi, I am Mateo Echevarría," he introduced himself to the handsome guy.

Last edited:
Episode One: Getting Familiar

It is 12 February a bit past noon by now as the last group has arrived at the mansion. Through out the mansion and over the patio speakers a little jingle can be heard, before a friendly female voice starts talking. "Now that we are complete, welcome to the Love-Mansion!" The voice was enthusiastic, as expected from a game show host. "First off, congratulations to Wilbur, Mateo, Hendrix and Dixon for winning the race to the mansion. Though it was a close call! Good job on getting second place, Ambrose, Josephine, Dani and Isolde! If you check your phone, you will soon see the rewarded credits being added to the starting amount." Right that instant the amount was indeed updated. "Since it is just the first day, you are free to roam the mansion. For those who are interested, there is a lunch buffet set up in the dining room. For the afternoon and tonight there will be an easy going program that you are free to join in on if you feel like it. It is not required, but certainly recommended, since more credits can be earned!" There was a short pause, background jingle still paying softly. "From 2 to 6, there will be disney karaoke. If you want to participate, just sign up in the app. You will get assigned random songs and each song you sing will earn you credits. After dinner, around 8, we will start with some fun truth or dare in the bar. Perfect game to get to know each other!" A soft laugh could be heard over the speakers, before the voice spoke up again. "Tomorrow we will start with the first dates! We hope you will enjoy your stay and your new roommates! Have fun!" The words were followed by another jingle, before silence returned to the mansion. At least from the speakers.

Episode One: Getting Familiar

It is 12 February a bit past noon by now as the last group has arrived at the mansion. Through out the mansion and over the patio speakers a little jingle can be heard, before a friendly female voice starts talking. "Now that we are complete, welcome to the Love-Mansion!" The voice was enthusiastic, as expected from a game show host. "First off, congratulations to Wilbur, Mateo, Hendrix and Dixon for winning the race to the mansion. Though it was a close call! Good job on getting second place, Ambrose, Josephine, Dani and Isolde! If you check your phone, you will soon see the rewarded credits being added to the starting amount." Right that instant the amount was indeed updated. "Since it is just the first day, you are free to roam the mansion. For those who are interested, there is a lunch buffet set up in the dining room. For the afternoon and tonight there will be an easy going program that you are free to join in on if you feel like it. It is not required, but certainly recommended, since more credits can be earned!" There was a short pause, background jingle still paying softly. "From 2 to 6, there will be disney karaoke. If you want to participate, just sign up in the app. You will get assigned random songs and each song you sing will earn you credits. After dinner, around 8, we will start with some fun truth or dare in the bar. Perfect game to get to know each other!" A soft laugh could be heard over the speakers, before the voice spoke up again. "Tomorrow we will start with the first dates! We hope you will enjoy your stay and your new roommates! Have fun!" The words were followed by another jingle, before silence returned to the mansion. At least from the speakers.

Last edited:
NTAyIiwiZiI6ImpwZyJ9.jpg
Dante
Forced Ending
His smile brightened when for just a moment Ramona seemed dumbfounded at the suggestion. He slowly shook his head as she accused him of making a joke, but she quickly figured it out herself. He laughed as she started to fire off questions. "Hugs are more than welcome," he said. He didn't get a chance to answer the other questions when Skylar spoke up. "Of course there is. Even three, if wanted," he said. He shot a look over towards Demetrius as he extended the invitation towards him, but with no pressure of acceptance. It didn't seem like Demetrius was the social kinda guy, and that was all fine by him, but he also didn't want him to feel left out.

Dante laughed when Ramone pulled him and Skylar into a hug. His arms wrapping around the girls, while Ramona rambled on about plans of a roadtrips now. Sightseeing, camping. Wait no, she had not mentioned camping. Yet. "I will see what fits in the schedule," he grinned, right before the attention of both girls seemed to shift to something behind him. He looked a bit confused, before turning around and seeing what impressed them so much. "That doesn't look bad," he said. Though he was used to staying at all kind of luxurious places, so it wasn't that special to him. He liked the looks though.

Ramona was already running off, with endless energy and enthusiasm it seemed. Within seconds she was submerged in water once again. A pool this time. Demetrius followed after her, though with a heavy step it seemed. Dante stayed by Skylars sight as they walked up towards the building. "I surely had not expected something that looks so cozy," he said. Most of the live tv shows had those boring, hyper modern looking mansions. They were impressive in their own right, but to him they always looked so cold. This seemed really like a place to kick back and enjoy everything. "Shall we head inside?" he asked. Several people already were on their way inside, some seeming a bit tense. The mood was rather weird... Not as laidback as it had been on the way here.

The Italian frowned when one of the males, wearing nothing more than soaked boxers, came over and greeted Skylar in a very familiar way. Oh. He had assumed they would all be strangers, but apparently not. Or it was just a coincidence. How small the world could be, sometimes. "Dante," he introduced himself as he watched the guy, "it is nice meeting you." His smile friendly as he shook the outstretched hand with a firm grip. He looked at Skylar, somehow feeling like something was off. Yet he couldn't really pinpoint it. "Guess that is us," he mumbled with the hostess' voice spoke about the last group arriving. It was to be expected and he felt indifferent about it. He was here for the fun, not for the credits. "Oh Disney-karaoke, let's join in on that," he grinned as he looked towards Skylar, "you can always come along and listened to my awful shrieking." He wasn't a bad singer, but he knew for certain he was also not the best one out there. But who cared? Karaoke was just for fun!
Interaction: Ramona Rowan Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 // Skylar Tori Bradley Tori Bradley // Mateo DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein
Mention: Demetrius Veil Walker Veil Walker
Outfit: Summer Clothes and Bag

His smile brightened when for just a moment Ramona seemed dumbfounded at the suggestion. He slowly shook his head as she accused him of making a joke, but she quickly figured it out herself. He laughed as she started to fire off questions. "Hugs are more than welcome," he said. He didn't get a chance to answer the other questions when Skylar spoke up. "Of course there is. Even three, if wanted," he said. He shot a look over towards Demetrius as he extended the invitation towards him, but with no pressure of acceptance. It didn't seem like Demetrius was the social kinda guy, and that was all fine by him, but he also didn't want him to feel left out.

Dante laughed when Ramone pulled him and Skylar into a hug. His arms wrapping around the girls, while Ramona rambled on about plans of a roadtrips now. Sightseeing, camping. Wait no, she had not mentioned camping. Yet. "I will see what fits in the schedule," he grinned, right before the attention of both girls seemed to shift to something behind him. He looked a bit confused, before turning around and seeing what impressed them so much. "That doesn't look bad," he said. Though he was used to staying at all kind of luxurious places, so it wasn't that special to him. He liked the looks though.

Ramona was already running off, with endless energy and enthusiasm it seemed. Within seconds she was submerged in water once again. A pool this time. Demetrius followed after her, though with a heavy step it seemed. Dante stayed by Skylars sight as they walked up towards the building. "I surely had not expected something that looks so cozy," he said. Most of the live tv shows had those boring, hyper modern looking mansions. They were impressive in their own right, but to him they always looked so cold. This seemed really like a place to kick back and enjoy everything. "Shall we head inside?" he asked. Several people already were on their way inside, some seeming a bit tense. The mood was rather weird... Not as laidback as it had been on the way here.

The Italian frowned when one of the males, wearing nothing more than soaked boxers, came over and greeted Skylar in a very familiar way. Oh. He had assumed they would all be strangers, but apparently not. Or it was just a coincidence. How small the world could be, sometimes. "Dante," he introduced himself as he watched the guy, "it is nice meeting you." His smile friendly as he shook the outstretched hand with a firm grip. He looked at Skylar, somehow feeling like something was off. Yet he couldn't really pinpoint it. "Guess that is us," he mumbled with the hostess' voice spoke about the last group arriving. It was to be expected and he felt indifferent about it. He was here for the fun, not for the credits. "Oh Disney-karaoke, let's join in on that," he grinned as he looked towards Skylar, "you can always come along and listened to my awful shrieking." He wasn't a bad singer, but he knew for certain he was also not the best one out there. But who cared? Karaoke was just for fun!

ZiI6ImpwZyJ9.jpg

Isolde de Vries
One and One makes Three

Isolde was still fuming, even more so as she noticed how Dani had tried to wrap herself up in her own embrace. Bastards, they were. Both of them! Even though she could not judge on the other guy, she couldn't even recall what he looked like. Other than being tall and broad. And long hair? She wasn't even sure about that. Her hold on Dani's wrist was gentle though, she did not wish to hurt the other. "Can you believe that?!" Her voice slightly higher with that held in anger that she had bottled up for years. Never had she let it out, let it slip. No, that would have been ungraceful. Emotions were suppose to be hidden and kept private. Though at the moment with those wounds being ripped over, it was difficult to maintain that perfect mask of the untouched ice queen.

Isolde took a deep breath as she had found her way towards the stairs opposite of the pool. Pain hidden with anger and determination as she started the climb. The quick glance around had made it obvious to her, no ice would be found on the floor they had entered. Well, perhaps in the bar, but that just seemed like the perfect place for Dicky to crawl off to and she had no intention to meet up with him anytime soon. "So, what did that bastard do to you?" she asked as she glanced towards the girl beside her. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to," she added quickly, when she realized how personal the question was. Or more so, when she realized she wouldn't be fond of answering the question in return.

"Wha..." She looked around a bit surprised as that jingle suddenly sounded through the whole mansion. Of course they were being watched. It was a real life drama tv thing after all. Though she honestly had forgotten all about that. She rolled her eyes when the all male group was congratulated with their victory. Of course, them becoming second was mentioned as well. All together not much helping her mood or her anger as it was just salt rubbing into the bleeding wounds. "Oh wow," she said as she paused momentarily as they walked right onto the dining room and the mentioned buffet. It seemed to have a bit of everything and all of it was high quality. Which reminded her very much of the five star hotels and exclusive resorts she had stayed, when she was not traveling with Dixon. He never liked that kind of thing. She was a bit of both. She had truly enjoyed their wild adventures... A painful sting went through her heart. She missed that. Those beautiful memories. Her best friend. All of it gone and ripped from her life.

"I'll go look for the ice, you get us some food," Isolde said with a smile. Not intending to really boss the other girl around, but it just seemed like a good plan. She was rather hungry and seeing all these goodies on display... Well, how was she supposed to say no to them? She let go of the other female as she made her way to the kitchen that was right next to the dining room. She made her way through it unimpressed by the looks and luxurities it offered. It was just an every day kitchen to her, and she really needed that ice. Fridge. Freezer. Both seemed to be stocked for days, though with a group as big as theirs it wouldn't last them a week. Yet the brunette couldn't care more about it as she grabbed the first bag of ice she could see, chickpeas, and wrapped a towel around it. She pulled back one of the chairs at the nearby breakfast table and pushed the cold bundle against her throbbing ankle. It was swollen, and she could see some of the skin coloring darker where the strap of her heel had been.
Interaction: Dani Kim tamarapasek tamarapasek //
Mention: Better off dead, Dicky Tori Bradley Tori Bradley // The other bastard, Hendrix Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312
Outfit: Two Piece and Heels

Isolde was still fuming, even more so as she noticed how Dani had tried to wrap herself up in her own embrace. Bastards, they were. Both of them! Even though she could not judge on the other guy, she couldn't even recall what he looked like. Other than being tall and broad. And long hair? She wasn't even sure about that. Her hold on Dani's wrist was gentle though, she did not wish to hurt the other. "Can you believe that?!" Her voice slightly higher with that held in anger that she had bottled up for years. Never had she let it out, let it slip. No, that would have been ungraceful. Emotions were suppose to be hidden and kept private. Though at the moment with those wounds being ripped over, it was difficult to maintain that perfect mask of the untouched ice queen.

Isolde took a deep breath as she had found her way towards the stairs opposite of the pool. Pain hidden with anger and determination as she started the climb. The quick glance around had made it obvious to her, no ice would be found on the floor they had entered. Well, perhaps in the bar, but that just seemed like the perfect place for Dicky to crawl off to and she had no intention to meet up with him anytime soon. "So, what did that bastard do to you?" she asked as she glanced towards the girl beside her. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to," she added quickly, when she realized how personal the question was. Or more so, when she realized she wouldn't be fond of answering the question in return.

"Wha..." She looked around a bit surprised as that jingle suddenly sounded through the whole mansion. Of course they were being watched. It was a real life drama tv thing after all. Though she honestly had forgotten all about that. She rolled her eyes when the all male group was congratulated with their victory. Of course, them becoming second was mentioned as well. All together not much helping her mood or her anger as it was just salt rubbing into the bleeding wounds. "Oh wow," she said as she paused momentarily as they walked right onto the dining room and the mentioned buffet. It seemed to have a bit of everything and all of it was high quality. Which reminded her very much of the five star hotels and exclusive resorts she had stayed, when she was not traveling with Dixon. He never liked that kind of thing. She was a bit of both. She had truly enjoyed their wild adventures... A painful sting went through her heart. She missed that. Those beautiful memories. Her best friend. All of it gone and ripped from her life.

"I'll go look for the ice, you get us some food," Isolde said with a smile. Not intending to really boss the other girl around, but it just seemed like a good plan. She was rather hungry and seeing all these goodies on display... Well, how was she supposed to say no to them? She let go of the other female as she made her way to the kitchen that was right next to the dining room. She made her way through it unimpressed by the looks and luxurities it offered. It was just an every day kitchen to her, and she really needed that ice. Fridge. Freezer. Both seemed to be stocked for days, though with a group as big as theirs it wouldn't last them a week. Yet the brunette couldn't care more about it as she grabbed the first bag of ice she could see, chickpeas, and wrapped a towel around it. She pulled back one of the chairs at the nearby breakfast table and pushed the cold bundle against her throbbing ankle. It was swollen, and she could see some of the skin coloring darker where the strap of her heel had been.

L
The Mansion
M
Dazed
O
JOSEPHINE
OPHELIA
LOWERY

Hearing Wilbur say "Jo girl" disturbed something in Josephine, something she had forgotten was still there. It wasn't an unpleasant disturbance, but it also wasn't good in the way it had felt when they were still together. It was bittersweet, happy-sad. It was like the dark sunset after a beautiful day at the beach: the sky smeared with orange, pink, and purple with the moon just becoming visible at the other end of the horizon. Josephine had seen this moon many times before. It was once full and luminous, but now it was broken. Just a crescent, but still so beautiful. That crescent moon hung in Josephine's imagination the way those words hung in the air around her: "Jo girl." Josephine thought to herself, I remember when he first said it... When I first felt like a pretty girl, a girl who deserved love even if she struggled with an illness, even if she got anxious a lot, even if she was forgetful... Josephine shook her head. I'm so naive.

Wilbur's words after that came to Josephine like clouds flying over her head. They were light and amorphous. At first, she didn't really understand them, so she focused on the tone of his voice instead. His timbre was so earnest that it caused Josephine's shaking to stop. When Josephine blinked, a tear rushed down her cheek, but no tears followed after. Finally, she processed his confession, but she did it slowly and phrase by phrase, like thoughtfully making out shapes in a sky full of clouds. As his words floated through her head, she thought about all the poems she had written about him on tear-stained paper, all the friends and acquaintances she had had to begrudgingly tell that she and Wilbur were done, all the times that men smiled at her after the break-up and she looked away, insecure, afraid, cynical. And now, she was here, being told that she wasn't just a bet. It seemed almost unfair that she should have suffered at the hands of an untruth. For a second or two, Josephine decided to deny his words. Wilbur's calling himself a coward. He's even crying in front of all these attractive people.... over me. This isn't him. This can't be true. Something else is going on. The thoughts were meaningless because Josephine's heart knew otherwise. She knew that Wilbur was telling the truth and that this moment was going to change everything between them from then on.

Josephine's hands tightened around her backpack straps as Wilbur finished his confession and walked away. Now, she knew. She knew that Wilbur hadn't wanted things to end the way they did. She knew that she was... more than just a joke to him. I believe him, but do I forgive him? The instinctive answer was Yes! However, Josephine sighed and thought to herself: I suppose it can't be that simple. I suppose... I can't be that simple. She knew if she thought about the question too much, it would only trouble her, so she wiped the single tear from her face and returned to her senses. She became aware of where she was once again.

Wait! Were all of these people... watching?! Josephine looked around frantically, trying to gauge how many people had born witness to the emotional encounter, before getting anxious and turning towards the mansion instead. Josephine remembered her original plan to introduce herself and blurted quickly "I'm Josephine, by the way!" over her shoulder for anyone who was listening (if anyone was listening) before shuffling quickly into the mansion. The temporary calm that had come about from Wilbur's honest voice dissipated, and Josephine felt on edge again. The mansion seemed even bigger on the inside than the outside. She stumbled around nervously, heeding the announcement over the intercom but not really paying attention to its content, before arriving at an area near the dining room where Dani was. Josephine realized her face must've still been puffy from nearly crying and wiped at it a few times to look presentable. She then walked towards Dani and fell in orbit around her, not exactly moving around but also not exactly staying still.

Wanting to make conversation but not knowing how, Josephine said in an unintentionally soft voice, "Reality TV's actually kinda shit, isn't it?" She looked at a golden chandelier across the room and made a curious face. "The mansion is nice, though. I've never been in a place like this before." She shivered slightly. "Everything looks so expensive. I'm afraid of breaking something."

we need a wind to strike / sharply, as the thought of love
betrayed can stop the heart.

© pasta

Dani Kim

Dani was absolutely frozen in fear. Never had she experienced such absolute powerlessness. As Isolde led her off, she muttered a thanks to her. She didn't know how much longer she could stay in the same room as Hendrix. Part of her wanted to run into his arms. Another wanted to scream at him.She felt it would've been more humiliating to do the former. Missing him was her weak spot, which she attempted dearly to conceal. "It's ridiculous" She informed Isolde, finally expressing a negative emotion around the group. Based on her reaction, she had a feeling she wasn't the only one with an ex in town. Her bet was on one of the shirtless douches near Hendrix. Was this what she had to look forward to? Muscle clad douchebags and her ex?

She followed Isolde, with a similar look of frustration. It was downright embarrassing to see. A grown woman, sobbing over her first boyfriend? As she learned quickly in New York, school romances weren't expected to last quite as long as they were in Oregon. "How much time ya got?" she joked, with a bit of the smile left over from the hike."He didn't cheat or anything" she informed Isolde, trying not to create a sort of false victimhood. ''He dumped me and lied about why.'' she informed the girl looking down.

Fortunately, she was prevented from hearing Isolde's response by the jingle that played through the mansion. Honestly, she wasn't as fazed as she maybe should have been. She'd read a few too many articles about shows like this, to be under the delusion that there would be no outside interference. Right now what bothered her the most was the victory of Group 1. Specifically his group. The look on his face wasn't enough to detract Dani from what he'd done to her. She knew the odds weren't in their favor since they were going long distance, but she wanted to try. And he'd shot down those hopes. He'd unintentionally made her feel like this ridiculously naive child. That day she'd learned two harsh realities. One, high school romances rarely last. And two, that she was destined for a fate of people leaving her, and lying about it.

"Huh? Oh yeah. I'll get on that," Dani offered a weak smile in return, at the realization that they were standing in front of a buffet table. She got three plates, and began preparing them for her, Isolde, and Josephine who she now realised was hovering around them. ''Do you guys have any dietary restrictions?'' she questioned the girls, waiting for their responses before preparing the plates accordingly. Dani herself had prepared a vegan plate, though she was by no means a vegan. It was one of the many habits she'd developed growing up. If she had to ''make'' a dish, she always made it with the knowledge that Ramona could show up, and she could share her food with her friend. Of course now that Ramona was gone, it didn't make much sense, but she kept the habit.

''You can say that again.'' Dani snickered, in response to Josephine's statement. She didn't take the girl for the kind to swear, but she decided not to bring it up. In that moment she felt a strange camrederie with the girls. In varying levels, they'd all had to deal with shitholes who hurt them, only to show up again. At least she had the privilege of being able to fake civility. She wasn't quite sure about the others.

nine lives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back