• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern π•ƒπ• π•§π•– π•’π•Ÿπ•• 𝕀𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕝 (𝕒𝕣π•₯π•£π•šπ•“π•’ 𝕩 𝕗𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕)

mallory’s sandals hit the sidewalk softly as she walked to the end of her block, her son’s hand wrapped around her index finger. landon’s blond hair was pretty well-combed, thankfully the rowdy little boy had let her do something about it and had not fought when they woke up that morning. he was actually very complacent when mallory had gotten him ready, but it may have been the promise of ice cream that kept him from fidgeting while she cleaned him up. but a few dollars was a small price to pay when making first impressions, especially meeting his teacher after moving to westbrook no less than a month ago.

their
small two bedroom home at the end of the block next to the school was modest, but mallory loved the color, and while quaint it was perfect for her and her son to grow and live in while mallory figured out her career and, honestly, her life. she never would have chosen to be stuck with a son at 25, especially alone, but now that she had landon she was never letting him go. his giggle was able to make her smile no matter what mood she was in, and without him she surely would go lonely. she just hoped this transition from her parents ranch wouldn’t be too much on the little boy, and that this school year would be just fine for him. but if landon inherited anything from his mother, it was his ability to go with the flow and be calm in these situations.

once they crossed the relatively calm street the school was situated on mallory’s heart began to pump a little louder with every few steps she took. she was sure the school was open for parents and children to come meet their teachers and find their rooms. but the campus seemed pretty quiet save a few kids begrudgingly pulling their parents along through the sidewalks. pulling landon closer, she hurriedly made her way down the sidewalk and into the main entrance of the elementary school.

β€œalright landon,” she started, kneeling beside her son right before the hallway. β€œwe’re here to go meet your teacher and find your classroom, okay?” when the little blond boy nodded bashfully, she smiled and pressed a kiss to his forehead. β€œi need you to be good for mommy, okay?” grabbing his small hand once more, she lead her son down the hall and past many open classrooms. she’d written the room number on her hand, now she just needed to figure out where the room was. she was already flushed with nerves, so finding it would be a little more difficult than anticipated, but she didn’t struggle too much. β€œhere we are..” she murmured to landon as she peeked around the corner of room 135.

β€œhello?” she said warmly, taking a step into the well decorated classroom. posters, pictures, and other decorations filled the walls, and the massive windows on the far side of the room were gorgeous, letting in light from the garden courtyard the school maintained very well. as she took another step into the room, landon ducked behind her hips, his head peering out from behind her legs. once she realized what he was doing, she gently coerced him to stand beside her. it was quiet for a moment, and mallory just found herself hoping this pretty little class was to be her son’s.

The soft sound of a rain was enough to stir Matthew in his sleep, this was usually how he awoke every morning. The rain was almost just loud enough to force him to open his eyes. Then again, he was a very light sleeper, so the simple creak of a step could wake him from a slumber. With a groan, a sigh, and probably a dozen other β€œmorning struggle” sounds, Matty found himself sitting on the edge of his king sized bed. He was never sure why he bought such a massive bed, as it was only him. It was a sad thought, but it would probably only ever be him. When it came to women, he could never connect with them how he wanted, or really even accept that he could move on from his ex. Gabriella was such a beautiful thing.
After pondering for a few minutes on if he even wanted to get out of bed, the sudden realization that school was starting came to his mind. His summer was spent lesson planning, pulling the greatest art works and stories about ancient times out of the deepest crevasses of the internet. The thought of school made him happy, just the kids he worked with honestly and he was too filled on knowledge about art and art history to be anything but an art teacher. Slowly but surely, he pulled himself out of the warm bed and walked towards his bathroom. He flicked the light on, instantly shielding his eyes from the bright lights. That was always the worst part.
Matty had really let himself go a little this summer, his hair was definitely longer and more of a mess than last semester, but he didn’t mind it. No one was there to tell him to cut it off, so why not keep it? He had some stubble on his chin, which had actually taken a while to grow. Facial hair wasn’t exactly his strong point. Running his hands over his face, he thought about his agenda for the day. It was basically just go to the school, work everything out with the classroom and be there in case any tour students came by. It was mandatory for all teachers to be there 3 days before school actually began, just in case tour students did decide to drop in early.
After a long shower, Matty changed into some of his regular attire, black jeans that hugged his skinny legs and an oversized white t shirt, rather basic but he wasn’t one to show out, anyways. He paired it off with some plain black boots for β€œcharacter”. His character may have been dark, but it was still character. On his way out of the door, he grabbed a pop tart for the road. It was exactly 8:37 AM when he got into his car and turned it on. Most people weren’t even at the school by that time, but Matty liked to get an early start on things, anyways. The drive was short to him, as he mainly spent it rocking out to music and munching on his breakfast. The school building in his view caused him to turn the music down and act in a calmly manner.
Once parked, he turned his car off and grabbed his keys, jingling them as he walked towards the front doors of the school. The only other person there was the janitor, who thankfully had left the door unlocked. Matty gave him a friendly wave good morning before heading down the art wing, where only his classroom, a set of stairs, and a couple storage rooms for his things were. It was quiet, but that’s honestly how he liked it.
After he sat his things down and got settled, he walked into a back room to straighten some things up. After a while, he felt a presence, but figured it was only the janitor sweeping the hall, but his curiosity got the best of him. He headed back to his classroom, very surprised to see a young woman and what he assumed to be her son. β€œOh, sorry. You should’ve called, how long you’ve been standing here?” He asked, his thick English accent showing. He raised an eyebrow at the pair, smiling down at the little boy. β€œI’m Mr. Healy, but I don’t mind if the kids call me Matthew, but the lot of em prefers Matty.” He told them, offering a hand to the mother. β€œI suppose you’re going to be one of my new students, huh? I think I would’ve remembered you.” He said, looking down at the child, but glancing at his mother. β€œI teach art, obviously, and my class is the funnest here, but don’t tell the other teachers.” He joked, giving the child a little laugh and a wink.

mallory jumped a bit as a man's voice echoed from behind her, his words morphed by his obvious accent. she felt her cheeks flush and smiled politely, hoping it would just look like blush in the light from the windows. she held landon against her leg, his arm wrapping around her thigh. "sorry if we were intruding," she said with a nervous chuckle. "i just wanted landon to know where everything was. it's only been a few seconds." when he outstretched his hand, she took it and shook it gently, smiling. "it's good to meet you, mr. healy. i'm mallory carter, and this is my son, landon," she greeted politely, kneeling beside her son. "landon, what do you say to mr. healy?"

the young boy begrudgingly offered a small hello, his cheeks reddening as he looked to his shoes. mallory sighed and stood back to her feet, dusting off her jeans. "he's just a little shy. sorry about that." she tucked her hair behind her ear as she looked back to matthew. her warm, honey colored eyes gazed around the room for a moment, lingering on various artworks that children had completed over the years. she smiled again, soft dimples pushing into her cheeks as she cleared her throat and looked back to matthew. "we moved here just about a week ago. right down the road actually, it was a great spot. a nice little walk. i just wanted to make sure landon knew where he would be for the next couple years, especially since he's a little shyer than most kids his age."

she couldn't help but be intrigued by his style, something very different from most teachers, but he pulled it off well. "hopefully he won't be as shy at the end of this year, right kiddo?" she rubbed gently on landon's back as she shot a small smile to his teacher, blinking for a moment. "do you happen to know of anything.. to do around here?' she asked with a small chuckle, knowing full well her question sounded a little odd. "I'd like to take landon around to get him used to everything, but unfortunately, i'm not sure where anything is. westbrook isn't too big, but it's big enough to get me lost."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back