• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Lost Martian's Collection of Plot Ideas

Lost Martian

King of the Kaiju
Hello, I’m Lost Martian, a fairly recent new member to the site. I’ve done 1x1 RPs before on different sites, but not in awhile. So I’m itching to try it again. I can play either Male, Female, Alien being, whatever. Also playing multiple characters is fine. As for romance, I don’t like it being the focus at the start of the RP, instead preferring for it to develop naturally through roleplay. But when romance happens, I am fine with almost any different types of romantic pairings.

I prefer to avoid anything especially graphic, whether that be sexually or with violence, instead preferring a fade to black. I also really prefer playing by post on the forum rather than by PM or Discord.

Story wise I’m open to many different settings, whether it be fantasy, sci-fi, action, or fandom. I’ll list a few RP plot ideas I have below. If you have any interest in an idea, think of an idea that I might like, or even just a simple question, please message me in this thread.

Star Wars:
Fires of the Clone Wars
Players 1 and 2 are friends and inhabitants of a small Outer Rim planet. They lived in peace until the Clone Wars began. The people of the planet would be torn between the Republic and Separatists sides, a civil war breaking out. This would not be helped when the two armies proper arrived to try and achieve peace. The planet is now occupied, Players 1 and 2 needing to decide which side to join.
Dawn of the Jedi
Players 1 and 2 are force sensitive people, brought to the planet Tython to be trained in the ways of the Jedi. As this force order was just being established, new powers would be formed in the galaxy, from a burgeoning Republic, to the Clans of Mandalore, to a Dark Side Empire.
Edge of Empire
Players 1 and 2 are criminals, living on the outskirts of society. They would both recently join the crew of a smuggling ship, trying to make a living. However the recently formed Galactic Empire would extend their reach throughout the galaxy. It would be harder and harder for smuggler’s to make a living. This would drive some of them to join the rumored Rebel Alliance. Will Players 1 and 2 make such a choice?

Marvel Comics:
Avengers: The Next Generation
Set about twenty-five years in the future, many of the world’s heroes have retired, starting a family. Players 1 and 2 would be the children of said classic heroes, just coming into their own as teenagers. While not allowed to act in the role of a superhero, these kids would get a chance when a threat endangers the Earth. This would necessitate the forming of a new Avengers team, one which would take anyone who was willing.
X-Men: Exodus
Players 1 and 2 are Mutants, one of the most maligned groups on Earth. After one Mutant Crisis too many, resulting in the death of the Avengers, the humans of Earth would have enough. The remaining Mutants would be loaded up into spaceships and exiled from the Earth. Now they must find a new home among the stars, said stars being already mostly claimed by empires like the Kree, Skrull, and Shi’ar.
Fantastic Force
While the heroes of Earth had enough problems dealing with the villains of Earth and Space, a new frontier of danger would make itself known. Reed Richards and his organization the Future Foundation would prove the Multiverse existed. However, the Multiverse was full of threats to their Earth. In a means of defense, Richards would form Fantastic Force, a team made up of scientists and powered individuals that would protect their home reality. Players 1 and 2 are fresh recruits to the team, replacing some members who died in a particularly bad battle.

Anime and Cartoons:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Ruins of Eden
In this universe, the One Year War went very differently. The Earth Federation and Zeon would never sign a treaty, instead using all kinds of weapons of mass destruction. 98% of humanity would be wiped out in the war, almost every source of power annihilated. For those who did survive, it would be a hard existence. Players 1 and 2 would be a part of a traveling tribe of survivors several decades later, learning to pilot reclaimed mobile suits, to be able to fight off marauders. It’s a terrible life, but Players 1 and 2 are fighting their hardest to maintain it.
Sword Art Online: Another World
Players 1 and 2 are avid gamers, who managed to get into the launch of Sword Art Online, the world’s first true Virtual Reality game. However, the million or so players who logged in on launch discover that they can’t log out. They are also informed that the only way out is to finish the final dungeon, and that if they die in the game, they die in real life. Players 1 and 2 both swear to beat the game and save everyone. But they’ll need to power up and make allies to do so.
Transformers: A Darkened Vision
The War on the planet Cybertron has waged for millions of years, stripping the planet of all natural resources. The altruistic Autobots would accept defeat, and flee Cybertron in massive ships called Arks. The tyrannical Decepticons would then expand out from Cybertron, trying to conquer nearby systems. Players 1 and 2 would be young Cybertronians, raised to fight in the Decepticon army. But once they are actually engaged in combat, will they still believe in the Decepticon cause?

Video Games:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Redux
Players 1 and 2 would be part of a small friend group living in the town of St. Ivalice. However, after messing around with a mysterious book found at the local book store, the friends would find themselves transported to the fantasy world of Ivalice. Suddenly magic and monsters were real, and the friends now had special powers. Players 1 and 2 would then join a small guild, all the while looking for a way to return home.
Spyro the Dragon: Re-imagined
Based roughly on the Spyro games, Players 1 and 2 are young dragons, not quite adults. Their regular lives would be upset when several threats came to the Dragon Realms, notably a monster known as Gnasty Gnorc. Gnorc would use forbidden magic to turn most of the dragons of the world into statues, however his spell would miss a few of the younger dragons. Players 1 and 2 would be dragons that avoided the spell and set out on a quest to restore their dragon kin and defeat Gnasty Gnorc.
Super Mario: The Legend Wars
Long in the past of the Mushroom Kingdom, many generations before the birth of the hero Mario, a war nearly consumed the world. Starting when the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom refused to marry the King of the Koopas, this small conflict would then draw in the peoples of the other kingdoms of the world. Eventually those in Star Road would get worried, wishing to end the terrible war. Players 1 and 2 would be part of a group of heroes gathered from around the world to end the war. They would need to find the legendary stars to do so, which had been scattered across the world.

Original Fantasy:
A Channeling Mix-Up
Once every thousand years, a sacrifice is chosen by the followers of the different gods, to serve as their earthly shell. Players 1 and 2 are friends who have been chosen to host two different gods. Something would go wrong with the ceremony, and the gods would inhabit the bodies without wiping out the minds of the original owners. Now Players 1 and 2 must serve their gods, all the while being in the same body.
The Floating Islands
In a world where there is no ground, simply isles floating above an abyss, Players 1 and 2 are members of the same tribe. Content to remain on their island, they do sometimes wonder about the other islands in the distance. This quiet life is interrupted when humans from another island arrive, flying on the backs of dragons. Unsure what to make of the strange lizards, the whole society of Players 1 and 2’s island is thrown into disarray. But just how much exactly exists off in the distance above the abyss?
The Guild of Monster Hunters
Humanity has always barely eked out an existence, living in fear of the various monsters that populated the land. Perhaps out of pity more than anything, a god decided to bless certain mortals, gifting them the power of magic. With this boon, humans began to thrive, building cities and complex societies. Players 1 and 2 would be both members of the most recent generation of mages. While mages could have many different roles in modern society, Players 1 and 2 would pick the oldest, monster hunting. Now they’re off to train with the guild, before leaving the safety of the city and fighting the things that exist in the dark.

Original Science Fiction:
The Calamity Interruption
Players 1 and 2 are socialites aboard a luxury space ship that is headed for the edge of our solar system. The trip to and fro took about three years, the ship being out of comm range with Earth for most of that time. However, once they get close enough, the comms reveal that Earth is now in the middle of a global war. So for the people stuck on the luxury ship, including Players 1 and 2, they must decide if they even want to return to Earth. And if they did, what side would they align with?
Zombie Wranglers
Humanity would finally travel across the stars, only to find other alien species having claimed most of it. Adopting a humanity first approach, the people of Earth would look for ways to wipe out nearby alien civilizations. The solution they came to was to re-purpose a disease that almost wiped out humanity: the zombie virus. While they had a cure for it, the various aliens did not. Players 1 and 2 are zombie wranglers, agents of the Earth government tasked with introducing zombies into alien society. However, things go wrong for Players 1 and 2 when they are stranded on a planet where the zombie virus is rapidly expanding.
Entropy
While the universe is almost infinite, it’s also mostly empty. Humanity would discover this as they spread out throughout the Milky Way Galaxy and further. While life existed, it was nowhere near intelligent. Apparently the happenstance of Earth was the only place to seed intelligent life. After many years, humanity would stop looking, instead settling on one of the many planets they found. Humanity would then stagnate, remaining the same for eons. That is until the Entropy Wave. Players 1 and 2 would be settlers forced to leave their home, as the universe began to contract. Players 1 and 2 will have to do their best to warn humanity, and possibly find a way to save the universe.

Bump again. For any of the fandoms I included in my plot ideas, I would be willing to do other plots in the same setting. So if you have a Marvel, Gundam, Star Wars, whatever, idea that you would like to do, let me know and we can work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back