• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Lord Of The Rings

What plot should we do?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Talitha

A professional procrastinator
I'm not going to waste time making this look fancy, in case no one shows interest. Nevertheless, I must ask, how many people would be interested in doing a Lord Of The Rings style roleplay? It would perhaps be AU and follow the same plot lines as the books but with different people and perhaps even different outcomes. Please PM me or comment and let me know.

It seems that there is not much interest in this fandom, unfortunately. However, if you would like, we could do one in as a partner roleplay. I have a plot similar to LOTR.

Great, I guess we can just see how it goes. If one more person joins we can start planning ahead!

Great. I was thinking of keeping the same world as featured in LOTR and the same races. For a plot, I have two ideas.

1. We follow the original plot but with complete new characters and different outcomes. Our characters will become the fellowship of the ring and in order to keep the world safe they must battle the Goblins and demonic creatures forged by an evil Lord. They must destroy the ring before the Lord can find it, preventing his rise again.

2. Family A is 'evil' because their ideals are opposing to popular beliefs. They believe one race should be destroyed because they are damaging to the environment in which they live. The other family, Family B, could be opposing to this idea. Hence making the contrast. Both noble families have always been at each others throat and, in the midst of the disputes, talk of a weapon that could end any opponent begin. Therefore, they realise that they can not co exist and both families send out two people (of any species, including hated species if from Family B) to find the weapon for their own advantages? These people could bump into eachother along their way, and try & kill each other numerous of times. Maybe, they could later realise that if either family found the weapon, it would threaten peace as they know it. Therefore, they would eventually work together to destroy it? Or maybe they would stick to their designated paths, and continue their search for their noble family.

Meanwhile, ironically the race that Family B protected, is plotting a rebellion against the lands King. They want to use the distraction of both families to build their army and rise to power.

-If anyone has any other ideas to add, post below. Or, if anyone has a third or even fourth plot idea, let us all know.

Otherwise, I've created a poll above to help us decide upon which idea to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plot 2 is interesting. But between them I rather like the 1st plot the best, it would be cool to create a OC that would be apart of the fellowship of the ring.

Though I have an idea that would be similar to the first plot and the fellowship, it could be a third option. It would have a second fellowship formed during the war of the ring and in a similar fashion to the fellowship, a group of volunteers for a dangerous quest but would take them on a different journey. While the fellowship journeys to Mordor and destroy the one ring. Another fellowship from the different races forms in rivendell around the same time as the fellowship of nine companions, this group would travel further north and to different locations then the fellowship... Seeking to prevent the rising and goal of one of Saurons strongest lieutenant and its horde from taking the north and weakening middle earths chances of defeating Saurons army. A number of battles and missions at locations such as the Ettenmoors, mount gundabad, angmar and other locations that are chosen, mirkwood being another option. All of that would lead up to another great battle that takes place in the war of the ring, one that is fought by King Brand and King Dain alongisde their armies at Erebor and Dale against the forces of Sauron.

A appearance by radagast the brown could be made alongside a number of others. But ultimately it would similar to the video game Lord of the rings: War in the North and would be during the same time and plot of the series.

I'm very interested. Although I think a relatively small group would be necessary to keep it alive. I'd say no more than 5 or 6.

Also, a player-wizard should be done with caution, and no more than one; on a LoTR RP I did, it got way out of hand with characters being op as hell.

My last suggestion is we keep it LoTR. Rather than a D&D RP with the LoTR title.

Just my own input. Take it as you will.

yeah yeah well magic is a very rare thing you should only use when you understand how it will effect the big picture and not use it because that is like a sign on here we are come get use to evil

I agree on both counts. The role of a wizard should be carefully approached and used, the LOTR rp I was in awhile back on another site, we had one player-wizard in ours and they used him well with the rp and the magic was used only from time to time and fit with the scene. Since this is Lotr the magic and it's rare on middle earth with only a small number possessing such ability, we shouldn't have it used too often or have too many with wizard characters. But that's just my opinion on it.

I'm interested in the first plot if you're still open for it, but my replies will be limited during certain days.

Yeah, I'm sure there's enough room for two more. I completely agree with the excluding wizards as much as possible, since they usually tend to be omnipotent and there is nothing more annoying in a roleplay. If everyone has voted, I'll make the thread for the roleplay and character sign up. I just want to know who is in for certain, and ensure that we are settled upon an idea first.

It seems the second and third idea are the most popular.... But between you and me, you should totally pick the third.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back