• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for zombie apocalypse players!

Hel

Daughter of Loki
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello!
Sleipnir Sleipnir and I have an idea for a D20 modern campaign, but neither of us are really DM material and besides that we'd rather play characters.
Update: found a GM and will be using the roll20 platform. Still need players though! :)

The campaign would be a starting at level 7 (the characters have survived in the apocalypse for about 5 years) and run on the D20 systems with any modification the DM sees necessary to adjust for the setting. If another system is preferred, we are open to that, too.

The idea for the campaign is a zombie apocalypse (yes yes whatever) but one of the characters- Alec- has managed to get a small train up and going with a storage car, a kitchen car, a sleeper car, a passenger car, a modern engine, a steam engine, and a caboose.

He's been criss crossing the nation doing business with all of the small outposts, camps, cities, and whoever else he can find ever since the apocalypse started about 5 years prior to the campaign. He's a trader.

Many of the camps of people who were run by sociopaths and the like have fallen by this point in time, and the zombies have been evolving (a la left 4 dead maybe). The types of people the group will come across in this world should be a pretty huge variety, and there should definitly be a minority of kill or be kill groups at this point- though the individuals by and far still exist.

Currency has also evolved interestingly, as the paper money has far more use as fuel. Most of the east cost has agreed to use change as the value equal to their face- so a quarter would be the equivalent of $25. Some people still insist on paper currency, though, and others forgo the notion entirely, preferring instead to trade valuables for valuables. Beyond that, other systems have surely evolved, too.

Last edited:
Hello!
Sleipnir Sleipnir and I have an idea for a D20 modern campaign, but neither of us are really DM material and besides that we'd rather play characters.

The campaign would be a higher level campaign (the characters have survived this long after all) and run on the D20 systems with any modification the DM sees necessary to adjust for the setting. If another system is preferred, we are open to that, too.

The idea for the campaign is a zombie apocalypse (yes yes whatever) but one of the characters- Alec- has managed to get a small train up and going with a storage car, a kitchen car, a sleeper car, a passenger car, a modern engine, a steam engine, and a caboose.

He's been criss crossing the nation doing business with all of the small outposts, camps, cities, and whoever else he can find ever since the apocalypse started about 5 years prior to the campaign. He's a trader.

Many of the camps of people who were run by sociopaths and the like have fallen by this point in time, and the zombies have been evolving (a la left 4 dead maybe). The types of people the group will come across in this world should be a pretty huge variety, and there should definitly be a minority of kill or be kill groups at this point- though the individuals by and far still exist.

Currency has also evolved interestingly, as the paper money has far more use as fuel. Most of the east cost has agreed to use change as the value equal to their face- so a quarter would be the equivalent of $25. Some people still insist on paper currency, though, and others forgo the notion entirely, preferring instead to trade valuables for valuables. Beyond that, other systems have surely evolved, too.
hmm... I don't have that campaign. And I don't like the higher level. But I do dungeon master occasionally. I have the starter campaign. since I require starting from starting level. But I was thinking of doing something without set campaign. where they go on random quests.

Hello!

The campaign would be a higher level campaign (the characters have survived this long after all) and run on the D20 systems with any modification the DM sees necessary to adjust for the setting. If another system is preferred, we are open to that, too.

So are you looking for players as well? If so then i'd love to join, but I'm not too familiar with D20. I can easily catch on though. (i have played dnd a few times)

hmm... I don't have that campaign. And I don't like the higher level. But I do dungeon master occasionally. I have the starter campaign. since I require starting from starting level. But I was thinking of doing something without set campaign. where they go on random quests.

A random quest style adventure would certainly work for this idea, though we really would like to start at at least level 4 or 5, just so that the characters are realistically the type who'd survive so long. Other than that most of the details would be DM's choice. I found the SRD for D20 online, though I'm not really sure what other materials you'd need if you were interested in DMing.

So are you looking for players as well? If so then i'd love to join, but I'm not too familiar with D20. I can easily catch on though. (i have played dnd a few times)

Yay! We definitly are wanting more players, I plan on finding a DM then working with them on what play style and times would work best for them and the group as a whole, be that play by post styles on here or something like roll20 or discord :)

A random quest style adventure would certainly work for this idea, though we really would like to start at at least level 4 or 5, just so that the characters are realistically the type who'd survive so long. Other than that most of the details would be DM's choice. I found the SRD for D20 online, though I'm not really sure what other materials you'd need if you were interested in DMing.

Yay! We definitly are wanting more players, I plan on finding a DM then working with them on what play style and times would work best for them and the group as a whole, be that play by post styles on here or something like roll20 or discord :)
Actually. The level ones easily beat most undeads. If we have a holy one, we can easily have turn undead.... and making higher leveled characters is harder then level ones. Yours isn't as newb friendly as I prefer to host .3.

A friend that we're RPed with before recently agreed to DM, so I think we're going to go with him since I know his style of DMing. However, we're still extraordinarily interested in players and plan to run the campaign on Roll20

Im ready at anytime just link me to the discord/thread whenever you're ready! (still a noob at this)

Im ready at anytime just link me to the discord/thread whenever you're ready! (still a noob at this)
Could you PM me a pic of your sheet? Or a copy of it? I'll send it to the DM so he can set stuff up.

We'll be using Roll20 And I'll PM you the link soon

We're doing level 7, 25 point buy. if you need help with your sheet here's a really helpful generator:
http://www.pathguy.com/d20modern.htm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back