• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for some kinda magicky-type dealio

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
Not fantasy, strictly speaking, but something with magic in it. Modern, medieval, whatever you want. I have some plots in mind that I can offer (I'll toss one in after each pairing for inspiration/as suggestions) but as I've had middling amounts of luck posting specific plots, I thought I'd try pairings instead. I can play either suggested role, and either gender, so just lemme know what you're doing (or if you have a preference for a character you want me to play).

Mad scientist x Unaware test subject --- A scholar exiled from their academy/home country/other moves to a small town to continue conducting experiments, picking out a resident to serve as a test subject without their knowledge. Hubris of man, misunderstood genius, so on.

Royal student x Tutor --- A teacher is hired for a problematic student. Originally the tutor was supposed to be replaced with an assassin to infiltrate royal security, but the tutor survives the attack. Now student and teacher are targets at the center of a murder mystery. Who's the traitor, clashing ideology, ideal for doubling.

Rivals forced to work together --- Rivals from the first day of school and throughout their adult careers, both are hired at to work on the same highly confidential project. Neither knows their future partner and roommate in what will essentially be isolation is their most hated competitor. More of a social plot, conflicting personalities, I'd expect a lot of liberties to be taken with each others' backstories (e.g. "Remember the time you put gum in my hair?!" "Oh yeah, well you drew a veiny cock on my homework and I got in trouble!").

Criminal x Accidental accomplice --- A criminal on the run cons their way into the home/store/office of an innocent bystander. When the bystander realizes they willingly let a criminal into their home, it's already too late and they've been drawn in as an apparent co-conspirator. Attempting to corrupt, attempting to reform, on the run, more action-y.

Upper-class loner x Hired companion --- A rich and solitary eccentric decides they've been alone for too long, but has long since been rendered incapable of normal human interaction. Instead of meeting someone on their own, they put out an ad and hire a friend. Another mostly social one, probably most inclined to romance if that's something you're looking for.

Lost individual x Local --- An adventurer/traveler/merchant/soldier/what-have-you gets lost in an unfamiliar territory, struggling to survive. A local resident decides to take pity on this blundering newcomer and help them, confronting the elements, wild animals, and other enemies together. Another more action-y one, dependent on contributing new scenarios to work together at resolving.

Con artist x Fleeing mark --- A naive individual runs away from a sheltered life/pursuing vagrants/horrible future and encounters a con artist. The con artist chooses to accompany this easy mark in an attempt to milk them for money and resources with minimal effort over a long period of time. Moderate action, morality conflicts, best with lots of temporary additional characters/NPCs.

The plots are just suggestions to go with the pairings, again, to either inspire you if you're trying to think of an idea of your own or to offer you an option if you can't. And as always, I'm open to modifications or entirely different pairings than the suggested ones.

Honestly I mostly just want a detailed, decently-paced 1x1.

Hello there!!

I think they all sound wonderful and am interested in working something out with you. Though I can't guarantee more than just a couple posts here and there because of some life stuff that's going on right now, I would love to give it a go if you're unable to find someone who can post more often. ^.^

Sure, hey, I'm pretty much always looking for a roleplay. If you don't have time for it now, you could always bookmark this thread or follow me or something and come back to it later.

Sure! Were you interested in the suggested plot I put or did you have something else in mind?

Alright, well then drop me a line/lemme message you, and we can hash out the deetz there. I'm actually about to go to bed so we'll have to do that a bit later.

And er, to anyone else who sees this, still totally looking for partners (and lots of them!) so definitely also message me if you're interested.

~Bump~

Still a-lookin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back