• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Some Exciting 1x1s :D

Naxtaroth

The Raven
First, Some Info About Me/Some Basic Rules

• My current Time Zone is EDT(North America), which is 4 hours behind UTC/GMT. Keep this in mind when considering an RP with me. I have school Monday-Friday from 8AM-3PM. I am going to want someone who can at least be online for an hour or two while I'm online, posting frequently each day or at least every other day. I will say, one or two posts per day is a necessary thing, seeing as it will be a 1x1 and I can't reply if you don't. If you need help figuring out where your time zone is and where you fall compared to me, just let me know your location or Time Zone and I'll calculate the difference for you.
  • I make grammar mistakes, but I do try to be as literate as possible. I do expect this same courtesy from you. Typos and spelling errors in general will not bother me as long as they are not frequent and/or the word misspelled is commonly misspelled. NO TEXT SPEAK IC OR OOC!. I don't care if your character is a tad illiterate as long as they are understandable. This does NOT mean you can type "u" or "r" instead of "you" or "are".
  • As far as posting length goes, I understand that during a conversation posts will be shorter. I still want at least one paragraph per post, however. I classify a paragraph as at least 4 sentences, with at least 8 words in each sentence. You can combine this with what your character is saying. Example: He/She speaks two sentences, and then you write two sentences about his/her physical reaction or what they are thinking to themself. This counts as a whole paragraph even if you separate it into what looks like two.
  • The site rules obviously take place. I usually don't like straight up naughty RPs to begin with, but I do have other places that we could RP if you really want to go over what happens after the "fade to black". I will NOT do that here, however, seeing as I want to respect all rules. Touching on more more site rule, I do not want any OOC hate. Your character can be racist or sexist, but do NOT let this bleed into OOC. Since we will be doing 1x1s and the only people we will be working with are each other, I do not feel like it will be too big of a deal. I am just letting you know that your character has that freedom, but you do not. I will say, however, your character cannot make any racial slurs or make jokes about a certain group of people that actually exist in real life.They can make comments about elves, werewolves, vampires, orcs, you name it, but I don't want the "n" word or anything like it being thrown around.
  • This being said, I prefer RPs that have a lot of action/fighting. Romantic elements can come into play, but they should not completely take over the rp for more one scene. The overall plot can include that our characters end up having a romantic relationship with each other, but that should just be a side detail. If a romantic scene starts getting too long for me, or I feel it could lead to a fade to black moment that I do not want, I will interrupt it with some sort of action. For instance, an enemy bursts into the room, there are explosions outside, or (insert dangerous creature here) had found them.
  • Also, I hardly ever do slice of life. I will do a modern setting as long as there are supernatural, mythological, or magickal themes involved, but a 100% mundane RP is something I am not comfortable with. I do love a lot of Fantasy/Supernatural RPs, but I'll admit it does get old having to stick with Medieval technology. I'm perfectly fine with playing a Lycanthrope that works at Hot Topic in the middle of a bustling mall by day, but battles the undead by night. I also don't think Percy Jackson/ Kane Chronicles type plots are overused. I love the idea of ancient gods/goddesses in a modern setting.
  • If we start an RP and it ends up become just a boring task that I feel required to reply to, I will politely tell you and we can talk about a possible plot change or whether we want to just end it altogether.
  • I hardly ever do fandom RPs that deal with an extremely popular TV show, movie, book, video game, or anime. I do have my exceptions, some of which will be included below.
  • There is a major thing I am very strict on. I will not budge on this matter. Lycans and Werewolves are NOT the same thing. Lycans can be one of two things. They can either be a race of non-transforming beasts that are always humanoid creatures that have fur all over their body, the head of a wolf, the back legs of a wolf, hands that are clawed, that walk upright on two legs. If you need an example I will gladly show you a picture. They can also be a race of people that can shift between a human form and a wolf form. The transformation is complete between wolf and human, they do not tear out of their clothes when transforming. The transformation process is similar to that of the wolf-kin in the Nightshade book series. They are a purebreed, proud race. Werewolves are a disease or a genetic mutation. They are filthy mutts that cannot come to terms with the beast inside them. They are your typical slave to the full moon, weak to silver, mindless beast, Hollywood stereotype. Whether they are a disease that effects Lycans and is similar to rabies or whether they are the result of when a Lycan breeds with a human can be decided upon. Nonetheless, they are filthy creatures who have a ragged, unempt, hairy appearance while human. These are my distinctions between the two and I will not accept anything else in the RPs that I create.
  • One more similar belief is over the four horseman. I have a strict set of names/colors associated with each Horseman and each Horse. The horseman are Conquest(male), War(female), Famine(male), and Death(male or female). Conquest rides Torment. Torment is the white horse and has light blue eyes, mane, hooves, and runes imbued in his body. War rides Ruin. Ruin is the red horse and has gold eyes, mane, hooves, and runes imbued in his body. Famine rides Pestilence. Pestilence is the black horse and has purple eyes, mane, hooves, and runes imbued in her body. Death rides Despair. Despair is a zombified horse with turqoiusey eyes, mane, hooves, and runes imbued in her body.
  • Also, I typically play male characters... I can play a female character but do not expect any romance out of her, for I have no experience with playing a female who is in love... if I play a female character she will be a jokester or a fighter or something of the sort, but as a male IRL, I have not experienced a female's perspective on love and therefore do not wish to roleplay it for fear of inaccuracy... also I will probably be accepting mostly females to rp with, but this doesn't mean guys should be discouraged ^_^ I will say I will only develop a romantic side of an rp with a female char and player, however... I am not against same gender relationships in any way, but I myself am not comfortable being in one or playing in one

And Now For Some Plot Ideas

I'll admit that I really don't have any major plots thought out right now, but I have some things we could build on. Just PM me with the number(s) of the RP(s) you are interested in. If you have your own plot idea you would like to pitch, PM me with it. Keep in mind the type of RP I like to do. I would like to allow us both to have equal say and agree on all aspects of the RP.

1. Ancient gods in a modern setting. There's quite a bit to expand on here. I would also like to stress that I don't want it to turn into a Percy Jackson/ Kane Chronicles fandom

2. post-apocalyptic setting in which the four horsemen have wreaked havoc on the Earth. Demons roam the world and we can discuss what happened to the humans. Are they slaves to the demons? Did they turn into hideous creatures? Are there any survivors?

3. A modern setting in which Lycans, vampires, demons, elves, magick, etc. exist, hidden from the humans on Earth. Maybe there could be chosen humans who have the gift of seeing them? This should NOT turn into a Mortal Instruments fandom. I would prefer to keep the main setting in the USA, but there can be plot elements leading to other countries.

4. A good ol' Skyrim-esque fantasy RP. I would allow this one to turn into an Elder Scrolls fandom RP simply because the games are built to allow one the freedom of exploration. This merely means all the races, locations, and important figures. We will not be using any settings based on actual plots, main missions, or side missions. If it is necessary to include something that could be classified as a game spoiler, you know the drill. When in doubt, just put it in a spoiler, I'll understand.

5. An RP set during the Salem Witch Trials, in which our characters would be witches/ practice the Wicca religion. This could easily evolve into a Sweep fandom, but I honestly would be okay with that. Sweep isn't an overly popular book series and it's one I enjoy reading very much, therefore it is fair game.

6. An RP similar to #3, but it could take place during one of the following major historical time periods:

• Ancient Egypt (no specific dynasty, we can create our own little Ancient Egyptian world)
  • Golden Age of Piracy- Caribbean
  • Any Medieval Europe setting
  • Any Victorian Europe setting
  • Ancient Greece (similar concept to the whole Ancient Egypt thing)
  • American Civil War
  • American Revolutionary War
  • Ancient Mayan/Aztec setting (similar concept to the Egypt and Greece settings)

I will accept multiple people for the same idea. Each one will have different characters and some alterations that make them different enough. If you would like to know whether I'm open for accepting RPs just look to my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!! I'm interested in this! I have an oc or two I could use to rp with, just wondering if you have any triggers or such that I should know about so I dont get you upset UoU

Sent from my Aspire SW5-011 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back