• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking For Roleplay Partners [Always Interested]

Jenamos

Eat the Rude

Hello, all! I’m basically killing time on here that I should be spending on my legitimate short fiction. I spent a good portion of my childhood roleplaying, but I stopped around 6 or 7 years ago. Still, I've never stopped writing (I am a creative writing minor and write stories in my free time). OOC, I am a relaxed and joke-loving person, and I’m not gonna get on you about much. I rp for fun, my stories are my actual work.

My Style:
  • I am generally a pretty descriptive storyteller, with a focus on characterization and introspection. As a psych major, I love people, and I love writing them and exploring their cognitions and behaviors. I especially love writing characters that are not neurotypical, or who have huge character flaws. I appreciate worldbuilding, but you can expect me to focus a great deal on character and character interaction.
  • I typically write about 3-5 decent-sized paragraphs, sometimes more, sometimes less. It really depends on how much I feel I can say, but I generally aim for at least a paragraph. I’m not one for meaningless descriptive babble, and I won’t expect you to pain yourself with that either.
  • I don’t do fandoms, since I like inventing my own characters too much.
  • I am far more interested in plot than in genre, but I tend to dabble more in fantasy, slice-of-life, romance, and adventure.
  • I am over 18, for those who care about that, and I don’t mind dark themes. I don’t have any triggers.
  • I write a lot of MxM, and I’m totally down for FxF. I’m not super interested in MxF right now, but maybe if the plot is interesting enough.

Expectations in a Partner:
  • I understand the virtues of "meaningful description," i.e., please don’t write two paragraphs on your character’s outfit just to reach the word count. Based on past experience, I believe there are many circumstances that limit word count. As such, while I appreciate descriptive writing, I won't belittle anyone who prefers to keep things more concise at times. Essentially, quality over quantity.
  • Give your best effort, obviously.
  • I should be pretty active, but I do have a life, so please don’t get mad if I don’t respond as much as you’d like.
  • If you want a certain idea to play out, or a certain change in the story, etc., don’t hesitate to let me know! Like I said, this is about fun, and I don’t want you to feel bored or stifled. Plus, I love chatting OOC with my partners.
  • If you will be gone for long periods of time, I’d appreciate if you let me know. I will also inform you if I need time away.
  • General etiquette rules, like no godmodding.

I think that’s it! As far as plots go, I‘m pretty open to ideas, so feel free to reply here or shoot me a message if you want to discuss a particular plot. Currently, I’ve been in the mood for more romantic, slice-of-life types of plots and simple fantasy plots. That doesn’t mean I’ll turn away everything else, though.

Thanks for reading! ~ Jenamos

Last edited:
Mmm, not particularly. Like I said, I’m pretty open to hearing other people’s ideas currently. I’m down for a lot of classic tropes like
  • Master and servant (and similar power dynamics)
  • Childhood best friends who secretly pine for each other
  • Enemies forced to get along to achieve some greater goal
  • Stalker and/or killer and their next victim
  • Reincarnation loops
  • Anything supernatural/mythological
as well as more specific (possibly less cliché?) ones like
  • Victorian-era woman who defies gender stereotypes
  • Estranged friends meet again, but now don’t get along/are full-blown enemies
  • Disabilities that don’t end in angsty death?
  • Meeting through odd circumstances
  • Traveling to foreign country
Stuff like that, I guess?

Hey lovely! I have a whole page full of plots, if maybe you’d want to read them let me know!! (:

Hello I have a few fantasy ideas if you would be interested in doing a M x M rp!

I would love to write with you. You seem like a fantastic partner and if you'd like I think I have a few ideas in mind for a roleplay. Feel free to message me.
-Desmond

Hey! I'm interested in trying something out. I could do FxF, but I'm not sure what kind of plot we could do. PM me about it and we can figure something out, if you'd like :) I'm also very character driven, and would prefer a plot that is relationship driven, or where the relationship is at least a prominent feature of the story.

I am interested in seeing if we could role play together, my partner has lost her “muse” so our role play is in a pause for right now. I’m looking for a partner and was wondering if you were interested. I normally enjoy FxF as I don’t really do good in playing male characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back