• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for people to help make a roleplay

Maki

Ten Thousand Club
Hi! I'm looking for 1-2 people to help me create a casual futuristic warfare Roleplay. If anyone is interested, just reply to this or send me a message. Thanks!

So, is it gonna be intense? Like, a ton of details? Cause I'm more of a laid back person, so you know. I do like 1-3 paragraphs casually, give or take.

I was

MoltenLightning said:
So, is it gonna be intense? Like, a ton of details? Cause I'm more of a laid back person, so you know. I do like 1-3 paragraphs casually, give or take.
thinking more of a casual, somewhat laid back roleplay. I'm not a stickler about how long it has to be, but if it's like, one sentence, it has to be longer. @Jasmine McKnight

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, if we're thinking future maybe we could think about where people are, whether we're on other planets or set up in space stations as well as if there are other discovered races. Also what kind of technology and weapons are out there.

MoltenLightning said:
Alright, cool, I feel like I could do this. Lets see here... Plot ideas.... Hrmm...
This is here I really need help. Obviously it's a war, but who is it between? How

Many nations are involved with this? What is the weaponry like, and how did it start?

The idea of warfare on different planets would be very cool. It would also allow us to use different races, which would spice up the roleplay. But it would also be very hard to coordinate attacks, and keep track of everything. @Jasmine McKnight @MoltenLightning

Maybe Earth's humans have gotten to a point in time where they've discovered a planet with other life (May or may not be of a different race) and that could simply be where the war begins. Other races could be added as well but it depends I guess. You're right though about it being hard to keep track of.

As for weaponry, I think that would depend on how far into the future we are. Things could really just be slightly advanced from what they are now, or people could even have powers themselves depending on what we want to go for. Think video games?

Here are some ideas. 1( what if earth is being invaded by some alien species, or vice versa. Or we can have two earth factions trying to take control of some planet rich in materials an resources. Also would we allow people to choose what side they were on, or keep most people on one side to avoid confusion? @Jasmine McKnight

[QUOTE="Jasmine McKnight]Maybe Earth's humans have gotten to a point in time where they've discovered a planet with other life (May or may not be of a different race) and that could simply be where the war begins. Other races could be added as well but it depends I guess. You're right though about it being hard to keep track of.
As for weaponry, I think that would depend on how far into the future we are. Things could really just be slightly advanced from what they are now, or people could even have powers themselves depending on what we want to go for. Think video games?

[/QUOTE]
If we were to add powers, it could be somewhat like destiny.

I feel like two sides would make it pretty interesting, as long as we kept a tidy list of who's where. I like both ideas too.

Having a Destiny or Mass Effect sort of feel would be interesting, I feel like we would have to limit powers to a point though.

@MoltenLightning @AmandaC20

Agreed. I say we do two sides fighting for a planet. Powers would be interesting, except I'm afraid that some people will abuse the power, and start overusing the powers. @Jasmine McKnight @MoltenLightning

Agreed! The powers idea seems pretty cool, but your right. People might overuse the powers.... Lets see, is there a way to avoid this..? (For me, powers were always super cool.)

MoltenLightning said:
Agreed! The powers idea seems pretty cool, but your right. People might overuse the powers.... Lets see, is there a way to avoid this..? (For me, powers were always super cool.)
Not too sure how we'd do that, i havent really had this situation before.

Yes. First we should decide what the powers are. I say they get somewhat simple powers like invisibility for a short time, blinking, and stuff like that. Nothing overpowered. @Jasmine McKnight

Alright, I say we should make up the powers. I say invisibility for a short time, and blinking are two that I want in. We should think of four more. @Jasmine McKnight

Also I gotta leave for about an hour. I'll be back soon.

Invisibility for a limited amount of time,

Blinking

Mind-mind communication?

Telekinesis?

Maybe something to do with the basic elements?

Superhuman speed or strength?

I feel like a lot of powers can eventually become overpowered

I don't think we should do strength or speed, because I know for a fact that will be abused. Mind-mind would be ok.

Maybe one faction could show more connection and trust in another, while the other more selfish and less caring of another.

I'm just throwing stuff out there :

Advanced senses (sight, touch, etc)

The ability to blend into shadows.

I don't know haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back