• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for Partners!

PaleAbyss

Dingus
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello, everyone! After messing around the site for a while to get myself situated, I decided to post my very first 'Looking for RP' thread on the site! I shall post a couple of ideas and fandoms I'm interested with down below, but first, some details about myself. Firstly, I have no set post length; I can write from a single paragraph to five detailed ones, should the scene ask for it, or my partner prefer that level of detail. Secondly, I can play both male and female characters, so no concerns when it comes to roles. And, of course, I'm friendly! A tad shy, but nonetheless, I'm very welcoming, so don't hesitate to contact me. As I'm still under the 10 post rule, anyone interested would have to send me the PMs till I reach 10+ posts.

And lastly, should you have an idea of your own, feel free to suggest it as well! No need to feel restricted to my suggestions. Anyways, here comes my suggestion:

The Shards of an Empire: Millennia into the future, the human race has expanded into the deepest reaches of the galaxy, birthing a mighty empire whose territory spanned across half the galaxy - or so it was estimated. While powerful, internal conflicts soon started to break out, as influential governors and marshals pushed forward their own goals and agendas. It didn't take long before the Goliath that was the Terran Confederacy shattered into many smaller realms, all bent on fighting one another for dominance.

Fast forward a couple of decades into the future, and one finds the once disorganized rebels and secessionists with defined borders and somewhat stable governments, as well as powerful standing armies. Those with similar interests have merged, forming imposing federations and republics. Despite all that, the conflicts haven't met a decisive end. Much on the contrary: it could be said that now, they are more violent and persistent than before. And in this scenario of seemingly endless war, an ancient concept has risen yet again: Mercenary Companies.

Petty space pirates or deserters of the old empire have found great profit in selling their services to the warring republics, growing so greatly in size that they could rival a nation's most powerful fleet. Their power is such that their employers prefer to use them instead of their own troops when it comes to combat, a wise way of keeping them under control and preserve their own forces.

Anyways, now that the context has been given, here comes what I'd like to do with the setting. Essentially, a story involving the people of this universe. Perhaps a tale between a mercenary and a soldier from a nation's army? Or maybe a politician of great influence, constantly targeted by assassins due to their prowess in the intricate game that is politics and their superb management of their own nation? The possibilities are endless, so please, if you have even more suggestions, do write them down!

And now, some of the fandoms I'd like to play with, as well:

-Dark Souls
-The Elder Scrolls
-Fallout
-For Honor
-Sword Art Online
-Attack on Titan
-Star Wars
-Warframe
-Warhammer 40k/Warhammer Fantasy
-Borderlands

Well, there goes it. Hope some of you can take interest in the ideas on this post! If you're interested, post a reply on the thread, or send me a PM!

Hope we can have some fun soon!

Hi! I'm interested in this and I want to explore it! Unfortunately though I haven't hit 10+ posts either :closedeyescryingfrown:

Hi there! Thanks for taking interest on the RP. It's unfortunate that we both are under 10 posts, though I believe that I can manage to pass the minimum on this thread!

Okay okay! So while we wait for that, for the RP did you have any idea of what idea you were more interested in or any character you'd like to develop so far?

Well, I'd like to play with the whole mercenary mechanic, so mercs would be my first go-to. Throwing some political intrigue in would also be interesting, though, so my second option would be a fellow leader of one of the republics; preferably a younger one.

I agree, I think having politics in the plot would make things interesting. Perhaps we could combine the two and do something where the mercs are hired to protect a leader with great influence? I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Hm, that sounds like the start of a plot! A small bunch of mercenaries, or perhaps a single, more experienced one to serve as bodyguard to an up and coming leader. I do enjoy the prospect of having political intrigue inserted in the context, so I'm all for it!

Sounds pretty good to me! There would have to be a reason the up and coming leader is wanted dead. Perhaps they look to change the state of things. Since the states are warring, perhaps the leader has a proposal of peace? Or he could come from a state that doesn't hold as much power, and he possesses the traits to lead them to the top?

I'd say an array of reasons. One, he has shown prowess when it comes to managing a state, and has probably beaten even-leveled nations that neighbor him. Two, the star systems/planets under his control may contain plentiful reserves of strategic resources. And three, he may have some old ties to the old government when the empire was still a thing, so the powerful warlords are concerned he may push forward a new empire.

Hi, I'm Lyraen! I know it's been quite a while since you've posted this thread, but if you're still interested in RPing Avatar: The Last Airbender I would love to work something out with you! I'm just now rewatching the show and I'm about halfway through season two-- it's just as amazing as ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back