• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for Partners... Isn't everyone? (Ignore prefix)

Raenning

Creative title, right? I know, I know. I'm boring.

ANYways. Lets' start out with something simple (OR NOT!) My timezone is CST (UCT -06:00), and I'm usually on at some point or another between 5pm CST and 9/10pm CST.
Though, that varies. But I am usually on every day. And can occasionally be on during work.

Ok, simple.... Um.... I'm Rae, done with college for now, yada yada. Work full-time, so thats' fun. I'm fairly laid back and easy going - I like chatting in ooc and making new friends as well as role-playing. I prefer playing with 18+, simply because I don't usually connect well with people much younger than me (I'm 22). I write fanfics for fun(though my muse for *that* tends to appear in random spurts...), and have rp'ed in the past - mostly pen-and-paper, email, and pm. I also dabble in photography for fun *pokes icon*.

Speaking of role-playing.
I adore 1x1s (duh)
For Fandom, I am most familiar with:
Harry Potter
Star Trek
Avengers/Marvel
+ some others
If something sounds interesting, just ask! I do prefer AUs instead of cannon. And especially OCs instead of Cannon characters.
As for original - I like bouncing ideas off partners.
My absolute favorite genres are medieval fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian universes.
I prefer playing female characters - but not completely opposed to doubling up or playing a male. After all, isn't stepping out of your comfort zone half the fun?

As for plots/settings/backgrounds/etc. I'm craving...
Setting 1
Summary
Two warring nations share a border.
In this case, war was simply a matter of time. Tensions between the north and south have always been ever fluctuating.
There were raiding parties on both sides, and then the unthinkable happened. When a northern party - Whether it was bandits, or official is unknown - crossed the line, the clan they were raiding cattle from retaliated. In the midst of the chaos, the son of the clan chief was killed.
Overtures were made to try and extract blood gold from the north, to end it peacefully. But the north claimed it to be a 'barbaric' pratice, and disavowed any knowledge of the raiding parties.
So the south made the first move. Under cover of night, they captured the nearest town, sending the inhabitants to the palace as a declaration of war.
Since then, in the ten years, both sides have gotten used to the war.
Southern magics have been honed for war, and the clans united as one kingdom.
The north has lost their veneer of civility, and fight back with everything they have.
Swords on both sides have tasted plenty of blood.
Background
The people of the North are civilized folk, settling down in cities and small communities. They worship one God, and have a magic that is based on knowledge and skills. Magic, however, isn't to be used lightly, as it is ritual-based, and takes both time and energy for all but the simplest pre-made charms. They prize comfort and luxury, yet the vigors of war has hardened them somewhat.
The South is completely different - almost a different species, it seems like. Proud of their heritage and the arid lands of their desert, the South are nomadic herders. They have a male & a female aspect to their deity, but both genders are equal. The magic is both instinctual & elemental.
The two major differences, however, are social and political.
The North are a patriarchal society - women aren't treated badly, and they are prized, but only as gentle, peaceful, wives and mothers. Only men can rule or hold property.
The South is the complete opposite. Women and men are equal - in fact, some of the most formidable fighters were mothers.
The North is ruled by a king, and is a conglomeration of cities, each with their own bailiff/lord to rule in place of the King, under his laws and eye.
The south is made up of nomadic clans, each with a chief. The chief has complete autonomy over his clan, but in times of disaster or war, they band together under one a 'warlord'. The war lord is a title that has been handed down from parent to eldest child, unless disputed by ritual combat.

Harry Potter '007'

Summary
The Wizarding world is a peaceful place, after the war. Some would even call it an idyllic place to live. Muggle-borns that previously lived in the muggle world are coming to live in and around magic, Diagon Alley and the attached districts are booming with business, and the residential areas are blossoming with new life. Hogwarts has more students than ever, and McGonagall is refreshing many of the classes that were canceled due to lack of students.

However, under all that is a dark secret that only those involved in it know of. The secret is the reason for such prosperity and light. It is a secret that has always ran under the radar, has always been the backbone of the wizarding world.

The aurors are not the only line of defense for the wizarding world, and neither are they the best. No, that dubious honor goes to a division of unsung heroes, a division of rather… unusual wizards and witches. The last, and best, line of defense for the wizarding world is that of the unspeakables.

Always a secret, the unspeakables had a chain of command outside of the rest of the ministry. Indeed, the ministry, even the Minister of Magic, saw them as nothing more than glorified researchers, and that suited them just fine.
Background

Based on the setting for one of my fanfics.
I just think it could be fun to play around with in RP. Either cannon or OC characters, any era.
Star Trek #1

Summary
James Kirk x ?
a James T. Kirk that doesn't know who he is? And yet, Winona couldn't help but prep him for it.
And, also have some alt. history for Spock in this one worked out. Just Sayin'
Background

What if Winona Kirk, instead of running away from her children, ran away from her career? She hid herself well, loved them with all her heart, and kept all mentions of their father away from them, claiming that he had died in a stupid, drunken, barfight - he was a bartender. She became a nurse, but just in the little hospital attached to their rural Kansas town - she always claimed Kansas was too landlocked for her, *before*. Then, Sam goes to law school. She overly pampers James (and preps him for Star Fleet, though she doesn't mean to.). James hears of the Federation and the USS Enterprise from a classmate - they go under Winonas maiden name, Kiheim. He wants to join. His mother refuses to let him, so he runs away to Iowa, bartenders, and hanging out in the pub, catching glimpses of the Cadets. How would he join? He has no money for the testing, and he is only 18. You need a parents permission to join under 21. Most parents are thrilled - Star exploration isn't a dangerous field, not now.
The bar fight happens the same way... Except Pike recognizes James - mistakes him for his father, at first. Winona dropped of the earth so thoroughly that most think that she has either died, or fled to another planet, leaving her children lost in the system.

I just think it could be fun to play around with in RP. I mean, a James T. Kirk that doesn't know who he is? And yet, Winona couldn't help but prep him for Star Fleet. And, also have some alt. history for Spock in this one worked out.

And, sad as it is, that is really all I have right now, scenario- and/or plot- wise. But toss me a pm, and we can have fun plotting something out?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back